The Michaels Companies Inc. (NASDAQ:MIK)
Old Forum Content for MIKMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Wolf: $DOMO $MIK $DOCU Down after earnings, watching for a bounce.
- Moxie: $MIK Up 4% PM after earnings, 1-year chart looks like a good entry point potentially coming off 11.44 low. Could be a crafty trade.
- Moxie: $MIK Working up 5% off open
- Brian_M: $MIK looks ready to breakout in the next few days.
- bigbartabs: $MIK ... a testament to not holding over earnings? Here's one. I hope you sold at the close yesterday as I did.
- bigbartabs: $MIK ... bounce?
- phgruver: @bigbartabs $MIK @Dan is looking for an oversold bounce, nothing more.
- AceTrader: Stopped out of $MIK from this morning's live seminar -- broke even on it
- DAN: $ETSY $MIK $DBX Good trading this morning, gang. In the training session, we zeroed in on three stocks. ETSY, MIK and DBX. I was stopped out of MIK for a small loss, though others made money on it. I had set my stop pretty tight because of what I ...
- mcconnm: @DAN $MIK - Hi Dan, what's your take on MIK now ?
- DAN: @mcconnm $MIK Dead money. I wouldn't ever look at it again. The move was first thing this morning...and it didn't really amount to much at all.
- wijimmy: $MIK testing the days low ....hit a new low..and lower to come
- kus123: @DAN $ETSY $MIK $DBX I have small position on $ETSY in profits. how do I manage it?
- indigo1948: @DAN $USAC - excellent session Dan. I am focusing a part of my portfolio on these bounce set-ups and your training segments are very valuable in this respect and most appreciated. Got stopped out of $MIK for a small loss but made very money out of $ETSY - out now and probably should have held but perhaps it return to earth in the near future presenting a new entry. All the best.
- bigbartabs: @phgruver $MIK ... I took big profits last night... and did a small bounce trade this morning. Nothing to write home about. Now watching with alarms.
- traderbren: $MIK - found some buyers after hitting $17.75
- bigbartabs: $MIK ... if anyone followed me into MIK, be aware that earnings are before market open tomorrow.
- bigbartabs: $MIK ... once again coiling. It it will break one way or the other from this squeeze. Some day. I just know it.
- bigbartabs: $MIK ... continues to base build... and continues to look spring loaded. I have been in and out of this ticker buying low and selling higher. I took a another half position this morning. What I like about this ticker is it has 2 weeks to earnings, a 15%+ potential gain just to get back up near the 200dma, and if I'm wrong buying here... I will know quick, with a paper cut and out. FWIW...
- bigbartabs: $MIK ... keep an eye on this one. Continues to look like a coiled spring.
- gmj: @bigbartabs $MIK thx started position waiting fgor a move abv 19 to add
- bigbartabs: @gmj $MIK ... I think that's a good plan for adding. Once it starts up, it has a lot of head room. We should be able to add several times with this one. Good luck buddy...
- bigbartabs: $XRT ... after this week's run up, XRT could be one of the few good entry buy points. $MIK looks to me like it could be a coiled spring. FWIW...
- Trixie: $MIK might be one to watch for an #IPO.. its been consolidating for the last little bit from the earnings move. Still yet to get beyond the enthusiasm high($30). Weekly is making an inside week so far and has made a few of these within this earnings consolidation .. They're pretty good at emailing out coupons to you and every bill has a percent discount for regular priced merchandise in the next week or so. Also one of the few crafting stores that sells a broad range of products. Dollar/discount stores have some craft things however I do find that I end up and at $MIK a few times a year b/c the discount places don't have the higher end products either that or you have to hunt out the ma/pa boutique type stores for specialty things wool. They also have learn to knit/crochet classes and painting..
- Forexpro: Re: $MIK Hi, Friends, According to Theflyonthewall, a 17 mio share secondary has been priced by BoA/ML and $JPM at 26.20. The sellers are current shareholders, which isn't necessarily the most positive sign, but the company is taking 2 mio of the shares, according to the story. It's been a strong performer, and might be worth a look it it pulls back sufficiently. http://schrts.co/a1uYPz Here's hoping that all is going well; best of luck!
- Kid2old: @Aragorn $CPA $MIK $VIAB $WLK $DOV $KEX $EMR $FLR $ETN $TROW $EXP $EMN
$MIK Michaels Companie... 23.00 6.04%
$GCO Genesco Inc. 55.37 5.99%
$MDR Mcdermott Interna... 4.33 5.10%
$SKX Skechers U S A In... 31.50 5.04%
$LAYN Layne Christensen... 6.04 5.04%
$BKS Barnes & Noble In... 10.06 -16.51%
$ZUMZ Z ...
- Trixie: $MIK blue skies on the recent IPO,
- bullmoose: Trimmed several stocks this morning, including $OREX, $ACHN, $CHK and $CBOE. I'm also tightening partial stops on others. I'm also thinking of re-loading my $TLT calls. I was going to wait for it to reach the 20-day, but I may take a small position in case it doesn't get there. I'm watching $NOW closely and may trim calls on that one a it is above the upper bollinger band for the second day in a row. I did make one buy, and that was to add to my $MIK position. $HL is legitimately breaking out today…finally. I'd add more but I'm already very long. Will be looking to trim in another 20¢ or so.
- bullmoose: Wow, $MIK took a big flush here at the end of the day. Good thing it's the only stock not working for me today.
- bullmoose: $MIK bounced back hard at the end of the day. The 20-day made good support. It could still be coiling for a breakout, similar to $OREX a few days ago.
- bullmoose: $MIK just hit a new high. It's breaking out of a high base.
- bullmoose: $MIK continues to take off out of a squeeze. I hope some of you followed me on the trade this morning.
- Trixie: @bullmoose $MIK.. i had to throw out a less decent worker, and i followed you in.. I had been looking at it yesterday when i saw the volume.. Your reminder was enough of a push to find something to throw out and climb onboard..
- eTradebaby: $MIK has an edge to trade from http://scharts.co/1B8gon2
- eTradebaby: $MIK on the watch list as it's consolidating
- eTradebaby: @Diana2010 Another you might want to add to your watch list would be $MIK. They already reported on Nov. 20. http://scharts.co/1B8gon2 It's a newer issue, began trading around July. Valued $4.0B and rev's are $4.0B Forward PE 14, growth 30%. Numbers are from Yahoo Finance. No Positions
- bullmoose: Retail, solar, networking/social and bio are four hot categories. Don't let them run away from you. There have been a lot of good suggestions in the forum today and over the past few days. $FSLR and $SCTY are just starting moves. Many of the retail names have already left the station, but look for entries in names like $JCP, $BBY, $MIK, $TGT, $NKE, $DECK, $VFC, $TIF, $SVU, $ULTA, $SBH, $COH, $PVH, $LOCO. There are too many bio names to throw out here, but I'm having success with $ARWR, $ISIS and $NBIX. A few others are consolidating. Networking/social stocks are also in the early phases of perking up. Stocks like $FB, $YHOO, $MOBI, $HIVE, $VIP, $MBLY and many more I haven't mentioned are working. Then there's $BIDU, which is killing me. ;0[
- bullmoose: $MIK - Another stock that laughed in the face of the pullback yesterday. Hard to buy here, but a good hold and will look for more after some consolidation.
|Stock Price||$USD 9.63|
The Michaels Companies Inc owns and operates a chain of specialty retail stores in 49 states and Canada featuring arts, crafts, framing, floral, home decor, seasonal merchandise for the hobbyist and do-it-yourself home decorator.Request Video of MIK
Already a member? Sign in here.
- December 3rd, 2019 - 2019 Q3 Earnings
- December 5th, 2019 - 2019 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 20.52 39.75%
- $USD 22.66 33.50%
- $USD 6.03 27.29%
- $USD 11.31 -35.99%
- $USD 5.81 -34.94%
- $USD 8.03 -14.25%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 65,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (65,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!