Momo Inc. (NASDAQ:MOMO)
Old Forum Content for MOMOMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- PhilHarmonic: $MOMO Day Trade Long. $.75 cents profit.
- bRobert: $MOMO Low risk trade with stop. W bottom bounce. >50d $54/ $60 targets good risk/reward
- bRobert: $MOMO Inv h&s Neckline $48 Head $35 Long from a little below. Target $61
- bRobert: $MOMO $MTCH Love and green is in the air.
- bRobert: $MOMO Look for inverse h&s trigger >$48 Target $60
- bRobert: $MOMO Setup in place $62 target Long
- bRobert: $MOMO . Ready to fire . Right on neckline $48 . inv h& s target $62. WEEKLY reveals much higher upside targets with a sustained move . Partial position. One is the loneliest number. Love is in the air. Another lonely hearts club member is $MTCH flag target $65+ . Short squeeze.
- bRobert: $MOMO inv h&s target $60 Neckline $48 .
- bRobert: $MOMO close to trigger with move >$48 $60+ reversal target Long from below
- GOOSE: @bRobert $MOMO Broke a double top today at 48.0, a buy signal, on the P&F Chart. FWIW
- bRobert: $MOMO . $60+ with move >$48. $IQ . W bottom target $39 if > $32.50
- lostsheep: $MOMO has screamed $3.5 since the China news.
- bRobert: $MOMO . Chinese lonely heart's club holding up pretty well. Just above an up curling 50d . Low risk entry with a tight stop at $42.90 (5%). OR . wait until this trades > $48 and buy the pullback/bounce. Target $60+ with a sustained move >$48.
- bRobert: $MOMO Watch for a move > $48 . Trading >50d. $65 target with trigger. Stop below when initiated.
- bRobert: $MOMO . . WEEKLY Reversal Target $62. Retested $42 neckline area and bounce. Long
- bRobert: $MOMO good price action/chart setup. Right and wrong well defined.
- bRobert: $MOMO . Great weekly chart. Multiple patterns firing/completing in sequence Targets $53+/ $61 / $80 . Long term.. Loose stop 43.20 . Tight stop 44.20 . Long along with Renaissance Tech. Working today. Looking at charts in between.
- bRobert: $MOMO weekly bullish . target $60 if move >$48 .
- Wolf: $MOMO Beat earnings, up 8.5% above the 50DMA. No position.
- Henry: #China some of the China stocks are up this am, $BIDU $BABA, $MOMO $SINA even $NTES
- champ: @Henry $BIDU $BABA $MOMO $SINA $NTES #China ---- #Bounce-Trades ---- I'm targeting a few of these stocks also because there is another reason now for these stocks to bounce besides being over sold...2 reasons are always better than 1....because other traders/investors are also watching China positions now.....because they have a #reason to. I have a list of U.S. stocks also. LOL
- spmeyers: Very bad day for many Chinese tech stocks; most are down too much to short, but $MOMO has potential as it has cut thru a long trendline starting at the Dec 2017 low; the 200-day looks like a magnet (probably not in a straight line)
- bRobert: $MOMO I choose love $MOMO over video $IQ (for now) 50d bounce.
- bigbartabs: $MOMO ... seems to be stuck in neutral. I see recent news about convertible notes and short sellers. Thoughts?
- bigbartabs: @DAN ... are you still watching $MOMO ?
- DAN: @bigbartabs $MOMO Nope.
- bigbartabs: $IQ $MOMO ... both at low risk buy points.
- bRobert: @bigbartabs $IQ $MOMO $IQ still danger Will Robinson. H&S top needs to be killed off. Bullishness needs to wacked down a bit more. Rather buy >37 or closer to 50d. Prefer MOMO as a low risk trade with stop. IMHO.
- bigbartabs: @bRobert $IQ $MOMO ... $IQ has substantial support right here... sitting on the high on 6/4. Yes, if it falls lower than it did this morning... probably a good idea to sell and wait. But eyeballing the day chart... probably more reason to go up from here, than drop lower. We shall see.
- bRobert: @bigbartabs $IQ $MOMO Price is truth. Long term hold from below
- gmj: @bigbartabs $IQ $MOMO both comments are good, like the b/o point at 30:50 on 6/7 purchased spec pos this morning with a 3% trailing stop, will add above 35.50 and adjust my stop based on VWAP
- bigbartabs: @gmj $IQ $MOMO ... that sounds like a good plan. I frankly don't trade many single stocks. But every now and then I get the itch. Good luck...
7. $MOMO – 50-day MA rebound.
8. $HQY – rejection of selloff.
9. $SEDG – consolidating.
10. $MA -- consolidating at 50-day MA.
11. $V – consolidating at 50-day MA.
12. $DLR – This could work…but ...
- bRobert: $MOMO Nice weekly chart. Pullback should provide good risk/reward entry soon
- JBed: $MOMO Check this out...BIG pullback but buyers are stepping in and rapidly pushing the price up again.
- bsafriet: $BABA $FANH $BZUN $MOMO $ATHM Long all and concerned about the impact of the current dust-up over tariffs with China. Prices sold off but have, for the most part, recovered. Would welcome thoughts, ideas, recommendations from all here as I respect everyone’s thoughts and ideas. The big question is whether to liquidate all, tighten stops or just stand pat ahead of the w/e.
- issues: @bsafriet $BABA $FANH $BZUN $MOMO $ATHM Dan says just go by the charts. What are they telling you? I don't see any impact yet. So I am not concerned about tariffs on these Chinese stocks. Not yet. Will let you know after it happens, ho ho ho!
- JBed: @bsafriet $BABA $FANH $BZUN $MOMO $ATHM Took profits yesterday on $$BZUN. Took partial profits today on $MOMO long calls expiring 7/20. Will watch before getting back in, but did retain one long call $MOMO just to see.
- bsafriet: @issues $BABA $FANH $BZUN $MOMO $ATHM That’s the problem with charts! Tells us where we’ve been but not where we are going! My concerns have abated somewhat with price movement in the market and the news flow. Holding all over the w/e and hope we see more clarity in the situation. Don’t see much point to selling rhrn. Thanks to all for comments. Best wishes and have a great w/e.
- Samik: @spmeyers @Dan $MOMO $TRHC $AMT $AAPL $SEDG $THC $NFLX $CRC $WB. Understand. Over the past 1.5 yrs, I reached out only 4 or 5 times. Was fortunate to get advice frm him & follow the same.
- Samik: @Dan Appreciate your views and guidance on these $MOMO (48% profit), $TRHC (58% profit), $ SMTC (36% profit), $AMT (29.9% profit). Should I sell / hold / buy more ? In addition, I sold off the following ($AAPL, $SEDG, $THC, $NFLX, $CRC, $WB) a few months ago at good profits but noticed that these stocks have been steadily rising. Should I add them back to my portfolio ?
- spmeyers: @Samik $MOMO $TRHC $AMT $AAPL $SEDG $THC $NFLX $CRC $WB It's not usual that Dan has the time to answer individual portfolio questions on a number of positions
$TTD 28% > 50 SMA; $FIVE 27% > 50 SMA ; $MOMO 25% > 50 SMA ; $TWTR 22% > 50 SMA ; $HTHT 21% > 50 SMA
7 IBD >= 15% but < 20% above the 50 SMA
$ALGN 19% > 50 SMA ; $BZUN 18% > 50 SMA ; $ZTO 18% > 50 SMA ; $LULU 17% > ...
- bsafriet: $FANH $MOMO $FANH - Opened a position today at $31.68 entry. Wish I had spotted todays move earlier in day, but not to be. Have been watching the chart but didn’t have an alert set. Like the chart and that it has filled the 3/12-3/13 gap. $MOMO - Busted out of a flag pattern today. Has been on a tear since its 5/29 E/R beat and guidance. Long stock.
- Robert1965: $MOMO at YR High 52.80
- JBed: $MOMO flag
- JBed: $MOMO looks to be starting another leg higher.
- martyrb3: @JBed $MOMO Long January 2020 leap calls
- Rasta: $MOMO looks strong with buyers still coming in after break away gap on Tuesday and profit taking Wednesday. Earnings out of the way. Added.
- DAN: @artchie $MOMO $OLED No, I didn't say MOMO was a gap and crap. I covered it along with $OLED and highlighted the difference between the two. OLED was an obvious gap/crop. MOMO just kept running. After Wednesday's pullback, the stock continued higher and the next "buy" or "add to" signal was when the stock broke above Tuesday's intraday high of $45.42, which happened yesterday.
- tjv821: $momo anyone have a opinion ?? should have sold it all yesterdayI
- DAN: @tjv821 $momo Not too late to sell it today.
- spmeyers: @tjv821 $momo watch those "shoulda" thoughts, my friend -- holding it with a tight stop was the reasonable thing to do; I sold 1/2 today; I think it makes a run at $46 soon
- roadrunner69: $momo up big on earnings
- tjv821: $momo also up big premarket ??
- JBed: $BOOT $MOMO $MRCY all having good days today.
- woodman: @JBed $BOOT $MOMO $MRCY - MRCY continues to work higher from the dumpster.
- JBed: @woodman $BOOT $MOMO $MRCY Yep, and I have you to thank! Keep diving into those dumpsters, please.
COTD: $OLED v. $MOMO – gap and crap vs. gap and run. Watch the opening rotation.
$TNX -- down nearly 5% to 2.78%
$SPX -- turmoil in Europe over the Euro. US Treasuries are always the safe haven. Italian president stopped two parties (who, t ...
- JBed: $MOMO has got momo today. Tripped my alert, took starter position. ER not until May 29.
- JBed: $MOMO peeking above the 50 MA.
- Sher: $HCLP - Stock up 6% & June $12.50 call position up 48%, today. $MPC - Long June $75 calls and just added June $77.50 long call position. $MRO; $XOP - Took profits on both, earlier in the day. $BOX - Nice move, today - Stock up 5+% and June $25 call position up 58% - Due to report May 30th., AC. $MOMO - Up 7% - Long July $35 calls, which popped 47%, today - Report May 22nd., BO.
- captron: $MOMO Dan mentioned on weekend SS. Took a small position. Looks to be moving in the right direction.
6. $MOMO – buying at the 50-day MA. Stops below $35.
7. $ATHM – support at the breakout level of $92.25. But stop must be much looser. Below the 50-day MA...This is the problem when you don’t buy right.
8. $SPLK – Accelera ...
- JBed: $MOMO looks like it may be done going down, after bouncing off the 50MA.
- JBed: $MOMO $BZUN added to long position on this morning's weakness.
- martyrb3: @JBed $MOMO $BZUN Long $MOMO Leap calls
- JBed: @martyrb3 $MOMO $BZUN Great idea.
- kschule: $MOMO looking good close to support $ 36.62 there is room for 20% up be for resistance
- JBed: @kschule $MOMO I like the fact that it never even got close to its 200MA even at the height of the craziness. I'm long (from a bit higher) and adding to positions as it zig-zags higher.
- JBed: $MU $NTNX $BZUN $MOMO $FAS All in the green today.
- JBed: @issues $MU $NTNX $BZUN $MOMO $FAS Holding from yesterday and late last week. Added a little at lows. Did buy $LABU - thanks, @Champ.
- issues: @JBed $MU $NTNX $BZUN $MOMO $FAS Thank you Jbed. Are you buying? $MU (bouncing off 50 day) has had 8 days red with just the last 2 in the green. We still hold MU, BZUN and FAS as LTH.
- JBed: @issues $MU $NTNX $BZUN $MOMO $FAS $MU is a strong stock. It got hit due to the tech crash but it seems there are plenty of buyers ready to step in on pullbacks.
$MOMO – nothing compelling here. Top is $40
$HAL – Neither HAL/HES are worth owning here.
- JBed: $MOMO has got some momo lately.
- JBed: $MOMO Kicking myself for taking partial profits this morning. The thing just won't quit.
- PhilHarmonic: $MOMO Is it time to start looking at $MOMO again. Broke up through 200dma into a former consolidation range.
- martyrb3: $MOMO Reported AH yesterday. Up 11% PM
- traderbren: @martyrb3 $MOMO - looks good! Sadly I sold my Calls yesterday as I didn't want to give up the gains.
- Junior1: $MOMO fade this? below VWAP looking weak.
- issues: An old Forum fav $MOMO reported today. Anyone in this? I am just looking and wondering. $ALTR is a crowd fav and a good break out. After watching Dan, he would say the stop would be at $28.30. Perfect! Right? Maybe.... $ALTR is engineering software. Best in group in IBD group is $HUB.
- billfumick: Even after 28 years in the business, I hate being in this predicament. I'm long $MOMO and have some good gains and don't have an easy solution with respect to covering my asterisk (*) going into earnings. Options are expensive, SMH!! I just wanna have my cake and eat it too!! :-)
- Junior1: @billfumick $MOMO Those pricey options are indicating an expected move of close to 11%
- billfumick: @Junior1 $MOMO I know... that's the frustrating part :-(
- billfumick: @champ $MOMO $SOI $ROST I either bite the bullet and get ripped off buying puts OR peel it back. Its just the lesser of two evils.
- champ: @billfumick $MOMO ---- I have 2 positions going into earnings today/after....$SOI and $ROST....and both are up...I have already downsized 1/2 and I will downsize even more...but I'm holding stock positions. I did downsize on the high turns, weeks ago but should have sold my full positions, on both.
- billfumick: @billfumick $MOMO $SOI $ROST I paid $1.90 for the 34's... SMH!! What a waste of money!!
- Junior1: $MOMO On the radar for morning 59minute trade
- mgoodw: @billfumick $MOMO $SOI $ROST MOMO closed at $33.99 and hit 34 RIGHT after the bell................
- mgoodw: @Ajax4Hire @optionsweath $MOMO Thnak you both! Sometimes "Googling" gives waaayyy to much info to digest!
- mgoodw: $MOMO thoughts on this today after Friday's high and today's dump? Considering earnings are coming up on 3/7.
- optionswealth: @mgoodw $MOMO Take a little longer term look. I opened a year chart and looked at the daily price action. Friday was a big day and today is totally inside Friday's move. The MACD is still moving higher but is quite high. Even that could indicate just some sideways movement. Watch the gap up yesterday. It does seem to be in need of a rest after current price moves. A rest does not always mean a pullback. Watch that longer term chart.
- mgoodw: @optionswealth $MOMO Can you please explain the significance of the MACD? I don't fully understand it.
- Ajax4Hire: @mgoodw $MOMO MACD - Moving Average:Convergence/Divergence Here Google is your friend: https://www.google.com/search?q=macd+explained and InvestoPedia: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/macd.asp Creates two-2 trend lines based on the moving average of the closing price. There is a "trigger" line, when it crosses (up or down) it indicates momentum. Personally, I use Slow Stochastic with RSI(Relative Strength Indicator) instead. Long thesis/papers have been written on MACD.
- optionswealth: @Ajax4Hire $MOMO Thanks, I just noticed I was asked and I headed for investopedia to give a link myself. Appreciate it.
- indigo1948: $MOMO - making a nice move this morning.
- ascutia833sunset: Anyone buying $MOMO here? just broke above the 200 day MA
- indigo1948: @ascutia833sunset $MOMO - been in it for about a week - posted about the move earlier this morning. It looks quite strong today and has a lot of room to move higher.
|Stock Price||$USD 33.14|
Momo Inc is a mobile-based social networking platform. The Company enables its users to establish and expand social relationships based on location and interests.Request Video of MOMO
Already a member? Sign in here.
- March 5th, 2019 - 2018 Q4 Earnings
- March 12th, 2019 - 2018 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 9.39 45.29%
- $USD 22.76 22.08%
- $USD 92.28 20.27%
- $USD 13.50 -28.77%
- $USD 7.58 -20.23%
- $USD 6.30 -12.24%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 60,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (60,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!