Nektar Therapeutics (NASDAQ:NKTR)
Old Forum Content for NKTRMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- greenpatrol: @Bob E $CERS Hmmm thanks Bob. I'm trying to give up biotechs after narrowly avoiding the $NKTR debacle.
- debeers: @DAN $NKTR -and sometimes the tide does indeed go out
1. Generally, I've actually done pretty well. I loaded up on stocks that were working and did it in fractions...typically fairly quickly -- before the stock got too high. And I set stops on each new trade as if it were the only trade. Some worke ...
- jwstich: @DAN $HTHT $NKTR Thanks @DAN. I am buying very small amounts. My yield hogs are working today. I added these at much lower levels over the past 3 months.
- DAN: $NKTR -- any lessons to be learned from this stock? Here's one: When the snapback stalls, it's unlikely that it's going to re-start again without a serious catalyst. Always wise to take what the stock gives you rather than demand it to give you what you want. Trading is not a negotiation -- it's surfing. When the wave dissipates, the ride is over.
- Nepenthe: @DAN $HTHT $NKTR Neither am I. But one I'm eyeing is one you mentioned quite awhile back, $SPAR. Granted, the short-term averages, such as the 20ma, are below the 50ma, but the long-term 200/50 are narrowing, as are the BB's. I know you like break-outs when those two are somewhat close. Any thoughts?
- shoredriver: $NKTR moving....
- shoredriver: $NKTR....juicy......
- traderbren: @shoredriver $NKTR - very juicy! Was just about to post.
- Wykeman: @shoredriver $NKTR yup..I'm in...looks like 75 at least in the cards.
- Wykeman: $NKTR. Yay!!
- justinp: @shoredriver $NKTR Appealing...np..too late, or perhaps not with a stop under $60?
- shoredriver: @justinp $NKTR Not too much too late , but keep a somewhat tight one on it........
- GOOSE: TRADES: $NKTR STC STOCK @62.60 Wasn't around to do better, but not complaining either. $NKTR BAL, (BOUGHT A LITTLE) @62.55, 63.45. 63.95. $HTGM STC STOCK @4.03 EDITED: $BOOT STC STOCK @23.92
$NKTR – Rebound from oversold. Don’t look for more. The market isn’t usually wrong…it just overreacts. There’s a difference.
$RCM – clean breakout.
$SGH – Good volume today on breakout above $50 supply. ...
- Kasey: Anyone going for the $NKTR Rubber Band today? Looking for ideas.
- Amykris: @Kasey $NKTR I would hold off and watch to see what we get. Don't try and pick bottoms, give up the first 5% to be correct directionally
- captron: @Kasey $NKTR Looks like there are a LOT of I want my money back folks just waiting for it to reverse. I think it will be a long time in coming absent some news. JMHO.
- Henry: $NKTR @Dan talked about it in the OMM video last night. He was looking for a bounce yesterday that didn't happen.
- ab3250: $NKTR - bounce
- DAN: @Henry $NKTR Not much of one today...But I'd say that $50 is established support now.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: BTO A starter position. $NKTR BTO STOCK @54.50
- spmeyers: @Kasey $NKTR with so many strong stocks in the upper right of the chart I don't think it's worth the bother to go for these oversold bouncers
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $NKTR STO 6/8/18 57.0 CALL @1.20 1/2 COVERED, own 50 shares, will buy the other 50 at best opportunity. ;>)
- GOOSE: TRADE: $NKTR BTO STOCK @55.99 Now my short call is totally covered.
- Kasey: $NKTR, plummeting before the open today. Whats going on here?
- Henry: @Kasey $NKTR What seemed like promising responses to melanoma and kidney cancer, dropped by roughly a third when they doubled the number of patients studied. https://www.statnews.com/2018/06/03/asco-bristol-nektar-combination/
- shoredriver: @Henry $NKTR Fugly....makes one want to join biotechs anonymous....thankfully NP, but I have had my niblets charred by too many of these types.......
- Henry: @shoredriver $NKTR #BiotechAnonyous I'm one of those. You get torpedoed in after hours by a study you had no way of predicting.
- riskmanager: @Henry $NKTR #BiotechAnonyous What is the best play if you are unlucky enough to have a position. Sell now in the after hours market? Wait until the open and hope for an oversold bounce?
- Henry: @riskmanager $NKTR #BiotechAnonyous I defer to our Mentor. I don't have any $NKTR, but look at a chart of $BMY when they had bad study results in April. They don't have V bottoms.
- captron: @riskmanager $NKTR #BiotechAnonyous I am with Henry on this one. Biotech seldom bounces. Even medical device companies have bad days but are a little safer to invest in. NP.
- riskmanager: @Henry $NKTR $BMY #BiotechAnonyous Thanks for the advice. I just sold in the AH market just to stop the bleeding. Not a great thing to wake up to on a Monday morning, but as the French say, c'est la vie.
- PhilHarmonic: @riskmanager $NKTR $BMY #BiotechAnonyous Yes..Best to get rid of the loser to get it out of your mind. I sell in that situation and use the money to purchase a strong stock.
- Kid2old: $NKTR Down 32%, “underwhelming” cancer trial data.
- phgruver: @justinp $NKTR Taking $BMY with it, even though the trial did not suggest that Opdvio was not effective, just that in combination with $NKTR's NKTR-214 it was no more effective than without. Anyway, $BMY at around $50 presents a #VALUE opportunity which some investors are jumping on. $BMY pays a 3+% dividend, and makes a nice addition to a LT portfolio. I already have a LT position, and didn't add, as I was watching another target ($AEP at $66 was another #VALUE add).
- baronp0329: @phgruver $NKTR $BMY $AEP #VALUE #VALUE @justinp if you're looking for some Biotech for your Long term account, look at $AMGN. Had a double bottom around 165 early May and been moving up since then. Added AMGN to my Long term account mid-May and have full position. Dividend 2.88%. And Jim Cramer just mentioned that it is one of his fav for Biotech, especially with their new Migraine drug. Also, been trading in/out with AMGN options in my Trading account for some nice profits.
- RedLeaf1: @debeers $NKTR $BOOT $PVH $MOV $M $BOOTbeing $LULU Thanks for your many informative, helpful posts. I am in several of your picks. :-))
- mopick: @baronp0329 $NKTR $BMY $AEP $AMGN #VALUE #VALUE, personally I find biotech pretty much uninvestable. One negative study and one can find themselves just crushed, witness $NKTR. I have $ABBV which I thought was solid even though their lead drug, Humira, faces biosimilar competition but not for several years in the US where the majority of the market resides. Stocks down like 15%. Own $EXEL, despite some encouraging new drugs, solid balance sheet, good management, stock doing poorly. Just can't win for losing.
- phgruver: @mopick @baron0329 $NKTR $BMY $AEP $AMGN $ABBV $EXEL #VALUE #VALUE No, I'm not interested in biotech for LT holds either. I do have big pharma, though. $BMY is being dragged down by $NKTR, but $MRK, $PFE, $LLY, $ABT even $GSK are worth considering -- at the right price, of course.
- greenpatrol: @mopick $NKTR $BMY $AEP $AMGN $ABBV $EXEL #VALUE #VALUE I hear you Mopick. On Friday I owned $NKTR and loved the action. I sold it late on Friday and was kicking myself all weekend for selling the stock. Now, of course, I'm overjoyed, but it was pure luck. Now I want to avoid all biotech, it's just not worth the risk.
- issues: Looking at $HQY reporting today. Cramer said it's just too hot to touch with a pe of 72. Watching $ANDV (good base for a jump up) & $EPAM! Cramer said $MZOR and $CPRT ok. Packaging, Cramer likes $ACN, but I prefer $PRFT - much better ratings on IBD. I just bought 1/2 position $PRFT! Great chart but extended. But as Dan says, "It gets more extendener!" I bought small starters in $BIDU & $BABA and on Dan's SMM "Stocks" weekend - bought small $NTNX $H $ASND $NKTR (sold at a small loss). Thanks to you folks I added several hundred shares of $OXLC. Good tip from whomever suggested it. Thanks! Earnings for tomorrow $OLLI -Wed $FIVE -TH $AVGO Cramer likes the clouds: $ADBE $CRM $NOW $SPLK $RHT $WDAY and even the worst $VMW. We have positions in $NOW $SPLK.
debeers: $NKTR=Here's your update from ASCO as of 6/2:
Turns out there was a reason behind all that coiling. Schweet!!!
CHICAGO, June 2, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Nektar Therapeutics (Nasdaq: NKTR) and Bristol-Myers Squibb (NYSE: BMY) today announced presentation ...
- holtst: @debeers $NKTR $BOOT $PVH welcome back. your presence is the best trade of the day!
- Margi1983: @debeers $NKTR $BOOT $PVH Thanks for the tip on $NKTR. Glad you are back @DeBeers. As the very old Nancy Sinatra song says, "These boots are made for trading..and that's just what they do"
- debeers: @holtst $NKTR $BOOT $PVH -You are so nice---what a great way to kick off the weekend you are.
- debeers: @holtst $NKTR $BOOT $PVH - You can come to the mo 'money, mo' money party any time!
1. $NKTR – coiling…and breaking out.
2. $NTNX – squeezing. Top is $60. Low is $50.
3. $VEEV – Breaking out. $80 is the ceiling. Alert $80.60
4. $AMZN – slowly working its way higher. Good for options…but r ...
$NKTR-bought a small spec in this one today and more on the prospect for their opiod drug for pain getting the FDA approval. This is dynamite as it will allow pain relief without addiction. HOWEVER, going in to ASCO...BUZZ-Nektar shares bounce as ca ...
- greenpatrol: $NKTR Looks like it's turning. ER was yesterday. Long.
- GOOSE: $NKTR Serious downdraft this morning. NP
- sierramp: @GOOSE $NKTR They are supposed to present preclinical data on two cancer drugs at the American Assoc for Cancer Research annual meeting this week. Maybe the presentation has already been held. Would sure like to see some fantastic positive results in cancer research for a change.
- GOOSE: Twice my list of trades disappeared, so suffice it to say, STO $GOOS 4/13/18 35.0 &35.5 CALLS, 4/20/18 36.5 CALLS, BTO $NKTR STOCK, STO $NKTR 4/13/18 99.0 CALLS COVERED @2.30.
- woodman: $NKTR - good day. It probably freaked and faked a lot of people out on Friday.
- woodman: $HUBS $SPLK $NFLX $GMED $SQ $NKTR $XBI $MU (MU - with stop below Friday's intraday low). - If "brave" enough to trust this Market, here are a few that look in decent, or potentially decent, spots.
- spmeyers: @woodman $HUBS $SPLK $NFLX $GMED $SQ $NKTR $XBI $MU I think I'll watch and see what happens when the "brave" guys jump out of the foxhole! :)
- woodman: @spmeyers $HUBS $SPLK $NFLX $GMED $SQ $NKTR $XBI $MU :-)
3. $NKTR – biotech strong…but this is dangerous here. Very extended with little base. Alert $113.
4. $TRHC – setting up for an entry. We buy at support…not resistance.
5. $SRPT – holding at $70.
6. $ATHM -- failed ...
- woodman: $NKTR $INCY - both down on bad data for INCY/MRK combo. NKTR is working on a drug that competes with INCY. https://thefly.com/landingPageNews.php?id=2709484&headline=NLNK;INCY;MRK;NKTR-NewLink-Genetics-plunges-after-competitor-IDO-drug-fails-in-trial
- fishing777: @woodman $NKTR $INCY ....If $NKTR holds the 50 ma is it a buy????
- woodman: @fishing777 $NKTR $INCY - Perhaps, but I'm not heartened by the $INCY data. If you are buying, put a stop under today's low.
- jagmiami: $NKTR a biotech stock showing impressive stability in the midst of all the volatility. Bought a 1/4 position $103.75 with a stop at $99. My plan, a probably better strategy, is to wait for a break-out above $110 to add.
- debeers: $NKTR.Sold 107 this am. Bought $CMA & $STLD. Leaving $PVH alone through earnings tomorrow night. $EL leaving alone. Sold $SEDG 12 cents off today's high. I need either faster fingers or a faster computer..$BA only adding on a shmeis otherwise leaving alone.
- champ: @debeers $EXP $PVH $SEDG $NKTR $BA ----$EXP great entry on Friday and this is still a low risk entry...for a hold position.
- debeers: $EXP-Bought $PVH-Bought $SEDG-Israeli solar.What's not to like? $NKTR-added a slivver $BA-added last week at 219 and change to existing
- debeers: @champ $EXP $PVH $SEDG $NKTR $BA-Well, nice to know your thoughts.
- champ: @debeers $EXP $PVH $SEDG $NKTR $BA ---- $EXP is a infrastructure play also (aggregate division). The $1.3T spending bill that was just approved...has large highway funding....like I said this zig-zagger is a hold position...upgrades with targets as high as $130
- debeers: $NKTR-FWIW-If 85-105 is a move, then the measured move suggests 125-6. Of course, I am an idiot, so you really should get a confirm from a chartie. In the meantime a stock with Bristol and Lilly backing has several ways to win. Schweet!
- debeers: $CMA bought this/sold $CMI 1st thing. Keeping everything else. Added to $EL on the drop. This isn't a lipsticked pig as ULTA occasionally is. Added to $NKTR.Left $VLO/$SPLK/$MU/Left the $SIVB alone because these 2 banks will get the biggest kick from the Fed hikes in my opinion. Boeing is a no touch(and by that I mean I don't touch except to add if its punished by the weak hands.. By the way, Bank of America made a bad margin call (they shoulda listened to DAN about buying on margin LOL). Minor hit to such a big bank but that's why you buy banks in the first place because, even though they might unintentionally get into trouble, they are not supposed to go looking for it (see Wells)$BA- took about 30 seconds this am to refill the bar cart. otherwise left it alone.
- debeers: $NKTR-The "nektar" of the gods still schweet as it has 3 ways to win and all are doing well.LONG
- debeers: $MU-Gets the Nomura kiss: 100 new target. $NKTR-gets added to the S&P 500 on March 19th. Every S&P fund has to go and buy it.
- debeers: $NKTR-more than 1 product and ALL doing well continues its march upward-schweet!
- sierramp: $NKTR ATH
- debeers: $MTN-Up 11.72 for the day $NKTR-up 7% $BA-a good news bad news day----Hawaiin Air is changing its 10 plane order from Airbus to Boeing that's the good news--the bad news is that the 3 KC-46's refueling tankers already ordered by the US Military need more testing.“This assessment is based on known risks and predicted impacts associated with airworthiness certifications and slower than expected flight test execution,” the Air Force said in a statement on Tuesday. They will be delivered by year end.
- justinp: @debeers $MTN $NKTR $BA I haven't looked at order numbers lately but the 787 keeps getting ordered by a range of carriers. Airbus A350 is the competitor but BA got the first move in this sector which is a gamechanger for long haul/efficient travel - why go through a hub when you can go direct? NP of course!
- debeers: $NKTR-Presenting at the Boston healthcare conf and down 10% from the high so i reloaded. $ULTA vs. $EL-Note to champ: Ulta isn't Estee Lauder. Hate ULTA/ Love Estee
- woodman: $NKTR @debeers - your NKTR has a deep pipeline, nice partnerships, decent array of TAs (cancer, auto-immune, pain management) and amazing chart. Not a bad combination. :-)
- debeers: @woodman $NKTR/$BA ---Now, if only Boeing could get that 100 plane order that the Emirates has up for grabs, that would be lovely and they are tilting $BA's way. You don't think it has anything to do with their negotiations with the NYSE do you for their IPO?Nah, that would be too cynical..........and yet.........I wouldn't put it past a certain President to help that process along.
- debeers: @woodman $NKTR -$NKTR-blind squirrel hit on the head with a nut.
debeers: $NKTR-DAN always says that when you poke your head out of the foxhole, you should know who's behind you.
Herewith, who's behind you (other than me) in $NKTR:
Sectoral Asset now owns 7,036,000 shares and A number of other institutional investors also ...
- grcjr: @debeers $NKTR - Good Morning. Re foxholes, I always want to see someone ahead of me. If there are no heads shot off, I'll follow.
- debeers: @CHOFF $NKTR --earnings were already. I posted the conf call notes.
- debeers: $NKTR-Approaches the stage and she is wearing a gold gown and looks remarkably like Sally Field and the first words out of her mouth from her film "Cancer, Lupus, & Opiods" is "You like me, you really really like me."
- debeers: @CHOFF $NKTR -Hope you caught some
- debeers: @GOOSE -$NKTR- Did you stay with me on this one. Oh, and for heaven's sake. Comb your hair, willya? Such a handsome face. Love, mommy
- GOOSE: @debeers $NKTR Unfortunately no Mom. I made some money, didn't want to give it back, sold, and didn't get back in. Thanks for the initial heads up. I owe you a steak, if you ever get to the "Oldest City". Have a great weekend. I like my hair curly and wild. ;>)
- debeers: $NKTR-After a rough couple of days---Y/O/Y 4th Q revenue expected was 93.92mm on the high end, average of 86.67mm/ low of 83.56mm. Co did an astounding 95.5MM surpassing even the high end because its research was so excellent it had no problem collecting milestone payments from Bristol and other pharmas. Will give the takeaways from the call.
- shoredriver: @debeers $NKTR thanks
- sierramp: @debeers $NKTR Wonderful! Thanks @debeers.
- optionswealth: @debeers $NKTR Numbers 214+5 then 219 plus 6
debeers: $NKTR from the call (gosh I wish i had Henry or Dr. Science or Gwennie leaning over my shoulder but here goes)
First let me explain why i liked the company to begin with: it had 2 unusual characteristics: first it had MONEY. I love Free Cash Flow wit ...
- cmaxwel1: @therealjpm $NKTR $GGG $OLLI $ROKU $TREE (Long $OLLI wait for it to come back down before you enter). Slow but does go lower and backup. Not a great buy point yet. Be patient.
- CHOFF: $NKTR - at resistance; watching for a breakout or at least a continued climb into earnings on 3/1.
SHORT FORM;Apparently Jeffries sees things the way I do: today they downgraded Alkermes which is Nektar's chief competitor.
Goose- I hope you're still in it and it will get a little wild before it reports next week but your mantra should be & ...
- spmeyers: @debeers $NKTR I'm long NKTR; should I care at all about holding over earnings?
- debeers: @spmeyers $NKTR - DAN says its risky to hold over earnings. I have this stock from a lot lower and it already had its haircut so I think it went to the barbershop already.
- therealjpm: Thinking of starting positions in $NKTR $GGG and $OLLI if it breaks $58.60. Also might be looking for a similar trade as $ROKU in $TREE. Let me know what you guys think. I'm new to this and they seem good to me but any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
- indigo1948: @therealjpm $NKTR $GGG $OLLI $ROKU $TREE I have a buy stop for $GGG at $45.50. I would wait to see $OLLI and $NKTR retrace somewhat nearer the 59 DMA.
9. $NKTR – still working. Not a good entry...but holding some now.
10. $AGIO – POTENTIAL breakout on short squeeze. Low float. Alert $80.
11. $RHT – should be selling into this now. Can’t ask for more here.
- Henry: @Wolf $CMG don't have either, but I'll be $NKTR goes up more today, percentage wise
|Stock Price||$USD 61.14|
Nektar Therapeutics, Inc, is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a pipeline of drug candidates that utilize its PEGylation and polymer conjugate technology platforms, which are designed to improve the benefits of drugs for patients.Request Video of NKTR
Already a member? Sign in here.
- November 7th, 2018 - 2018 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 19.35 95.45%
- $USD 18.99 50.24%
- $USD 14.22 49.25%
- $USD 5.15 -89.07%
- $USD 18.55 -45.37%
- $USD 17.13 -37.08%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 58,200 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (58,200) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!