NetEase Inc. (NASDAQ:NTES)
Old Forum Content for NTESMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Henry: $NTES I mentioned I had an alert go off Wednesday. I've had my fill of China stocks, but it continues to go up for those of you who like the space.
- Henry: $NTES fans might want to take a look at it. np Jeffries Buy
- steve71: $NTES $BABA As expected, more China tariffs pending. Chinese names have sold down 25-40% in the last six months. But some of these names have almost no direct impact from tariffs. NetEase and Alibaba are strong today. I probably will start a position in each near the close.
- spmeyers: @steve71 $NTES $BABA yeah, but the trade war effects China's economy so most companies are effected to some extent
- JBed: $NTES moving up...long calls are working.
- Brian_M: $NTES being taken to the woodshed this morning. No position but anything causing the selloff?
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $NTES NetEase Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=NTES&clip=104972
- Jones: Back to back good trades, $NTES, $ANET, thanks Dan, paid for my subscription for a year or two. Separate note, TV people bullish again with a Great Wall of worry and cross currents, such as gold move. Tony Dwyer still at SP3200. Should he good time to hedge your book a bit.
- Henry: #China some of the China stocks are up this am, $BIDU $BABA, $MOMO $SINA even $NTES
- champ: @Henry $BIDU $BABA $MOMO $SINA $NTES #China ---- #Bounce-Trades ---- I'm targeting a few of these stocks also because there is another reason now for these stocks to bounce besides being over sold...2 reasons are always better than 1....because other traders/investors are also watching China positions now.....because they have a #reason to. I have a list of U.S. stocks also. LOL
- bbob: @Dan Just watched tonight's SS. Hope you didn't think I was blaming you for my $NTES loss. Looked like it could have bottomed at 211. Came back above it's open so I picked it up at 214. It was MY trade. But per your training, I traded small and kept to my 211 stop, keeping a small loss from becoming a big one. As you say "It's trading, not winning." (BTW a bit later I put that money into $KORS and got much of it back, so it's all good). Thanks for talking about it though.
- DAN: $NTES -- continues to sell off. At some point, this stock will rebound, and rebound hard! This is a stock to watch. To stalk. Don't try to predict the rebound. Many accounts have been broken by the urge to trade bottoms. Don't trade bottoms; trade bounces. Seriously, there is a difference.
- DAN: @bbob $NTES $KORS Nope! Not at all. Did not interpret it that way at all. You asked a good question. When one member has a question, I assume that a lot more have the same question, but just didn't ask. Thanks for your thoughtfulness in clarifying -- but no clarification was necessary, bbob. 8-) Dan
- DAN: @DAN $NTES was just stopped out.
- Henry: $NTES It's going to be a long hard slog for this company to get back to where it was, even just a couple days ago. People need to go find another stock, rather than waiting for this knife to stop falling
- VenkatS: $NTES did not work today also.
- traderbren: $NTES - may be getting primed for a bounce here.
- gmj: @traderbren $NTES in with a spec trade tight stop
- Allen: $NTES Moving above today's opening high.
- mogo: @Allen $NTES Could this finally be it?
- alfred1939: @mogo $NTES That would be a sweet trade however the older I have become, my tolerance for risk has lowered. I hear what Dan is saying but I am gun shy.
- Allen: @alfred1939 $NTES I've done very well with oversold bounce trades over the past month (struggled a bit with some others...haha). Bounce trades recently have been my best % trades,, actually. I'm in $NTES at $201.
- Egmagur: @Henry $NTES Seems to have bottomed and is turning up. Opened a half position at 198 and just added at 203. Tight stop initially at day's low, but have raised it to 200 since that is such a nice round number :)
- DAN: @alfred1939 $NTES I'm not sure it's a function of age, alfred1939 (though I do see the number on your handle!). I'd like to think it's a function of wisdom, eh? ;-)
- wineinquirer: $NTES While all the mvg avgs move up, NTES still stuck in the mud.............Can't predict the bounce so will watch it in the am.
COTD: Contest is still going on. Sign up and refer friends...for each referral, you get another entry.
$KWEB – at some point, they’ll bottom. And this is a bit more important than Turkey, irrespective of what CNBC is talking about. The ...
- champ: @Dan @rachel $KWEB $SPX $DJI $MDY $IWM $NDX $MU $CPRT $QLYS $QQQ $FANG $TCEHY $NTES $WB $IQ $WUBA $BIDU $BABA $HUYA $YY ---- @Dan, I like your comments, in your notes and I'm still standing also and it is Ok with me, if I follow you. However, it has been a lot of work lately...because I have been pretty busy, picking up $$$$...that others have been dropping.
- Nepenthe: $NTES Is the trade set-up now geared for yesterday's close of 215.79 as a buy point? And if so, today's LOD as stop, or today's open? Morning musings of the febrile mind. Cheers.
- 86944T: @Nepenthe $NTES Probably not. Been going down all morning. Waiting to see a bottom. 215 would not be too high for the entry. It would have run 5 point before you get in.
- Nepenthe: @86944T $NTES Yeah, that's kind a sort a maybe what I was thinking also. By the way, this is one of those stocks, due to low volume perhaps, that's hard to get into for me, due to the wide spread between bid and ask. Don't want to place a market order, and limit orders seem to slip away from my slow fingers. Do others have the same problem? And if so, what's the remedy?
- alfred1939: @Nepenthe $NTES continues to slide..
- Henry: @Nepenthe $NTES I'm seeing a 30-50 cent spread on the bid and ask, on a $200 stock. If it was a $20 stock the spread would be a nickel. Trying to save a few cents on the spread has cost me many dollars on a fast moving stock.
- Nepenthe: @Henry $NTES So true. At times I forget that dynamic, and should know it by now. Thank you.
- DAN: @Nepenthe $NTES Team, NTES was a "setup". But the setup never triggered. You should not be in that trade. If you are (or were), it is because you were anticipating the trigger. Don't do that. If you anticipate a trigger...then what use is the trigger, and how does it differ from a setup?
- Nepenthe: @DAN $NTES And that's why I didn't pull the trigger. Getting better at these, I guess. And that's also why I threw the scenario out into the forum, as the responses were well-informed and educative. Cheers.
- TopCat1000: @bizmodal $DY I had this on my DCB list but I was focused on $NTES and $RDFN and missed the move on $DY. I didn't buy $NTES or $RDFN either. Nice move
- bbob: @DAN $NTES I'm a bit confused. The stock gapped down this morning. I bought when it traded above it's open & set a 2% stop. I then got stopped out for a small loss on a small position. I thought this was the trade on your session last night??
- VenkatS: @bbob $NTES It is very hard to set stop loss at 2% for a stock like this. I watched for 5 minutes and it was too volatile. So I gave up. No trade.
- Nepenthe: @bbob $NTES I see what you mean, and that was my "set-up" also. However, on the one minute chart it eclipsed that twice within the first 8 minutes, but after each eclipse it then traded quickly below. There didn't seem to be any follow through, especially with 5 red bars after the open-minute green. I agree with VenkatS that is was too volatile. I'm still learning these too.
- bbob: @Nepenthe $NTES Small loss. Live & learn.
- spmeyers: @Nepenthe $NTES watch $200 tomorrow for round number support
- 86944T: $NTES Thought it was bottoming, there was a 1 buck trade there. Stopped out for a small loss. Even a buck up brings out more sellers.
- Nepenthe: @spmeyers $NTES Thanks. I will.
- icbusiness: $NTES a-ha.....what's wrong....it's a Chinese Co.!
$NTES – still waiting. Will say the same thing...above today’s close of $208.21 would be an entry...but it’s impossible for me to predict exactly what’s going to happen and account for every contingency.
$PLNT – reversa ...
- Henry: $NTES pt's lowered to 265 270 and 352 despite buy and overweight ratings
- Henry: $NTES It's either going to test Friday's low or take out the stops
- CraigReynolds: $NTES down almost 7. Watching for entry, but stock decide to go down.
- grcjr: @CraigReynolds $NTES $SQ - 10 minutes in I stopped watching $NTES closely Hope you got into $SQ
- mopick: @grcjr $NTES $SQ, same here. $NTES, falling knife, below Friday low. In with $SQ. Where would you put your stop?
- grcjr: @mopick $NTES $SQ - I''d be tempted to set at $71 RHRN to lock in a gain, although it could easily be tripped. Perhaps $70 to give it room to test Friday's close. I'd change it to a trailing stop if it moves above $75.
- bizmodal: $NTES in at $217 with a $216 stop. Hoping the low is on but not giving it much room.
- grcjr: $NTES stopped going down as we end the first hour. Many stock will just drift through the day.
- mradams0621: @grcjr $NTES big greens, smaller reds, pushing up at the 50 and vwap on shortest charts, looks like a possible good entry RHRN to me.
- greenpatrol: @mradams0621 $NTES Agreed. In at 218.10. Stop under 216.10
- grcjr: @mradams0621 $NTES - I divide the trading day into three sections: the first hour: the middle, the last hour. I'm most active in the first followed by the last and mostly do research (and/or go train) in between. In between just is most often less clear to me. It is the time that most of my option spreads are placed.
COTD: $NTES – still waiting for rebound. If it opens above closing price of $215.79, buy and set a stop at $213.50.
$SPX – learn to sit on your hands. Why do you think my missive was so long this morning? Didn’t have anything m ...
COTD: $NTES – oversold bounce? Alert $225.50
VIDEO ONE: Market Overview
Notes: Hard market to make money in, and easy market to lose money.
No real setups for low risk entries, but stocks are still generally strong. So NEW trades should be ...
- woodman: Implied moves for earnings this week (m=mthly): $HEAR 24.8% M $TWLO 14.2% $WTW 12.2% $ETSY 13.5% M $Z 8.4% $SNAP 16.9% $DIS 4.1% $MTCH 10.6% M $WB 8.5% $KORS 9.5% $SINA 8.5% $ROKU 12.6% $BKNG 6.0% $SRPT 8.8% $NTES 6.3% $DBX 11.5% $OLED 11.0% $AAOI 13.6% $GOOS 13.7% $AAXN 12.3%
- Ajax4Hire: @PJMR11 $T Same here. $T - AT&T is above 5% dividend(/year) and at a multi-year low. $T-AT&T acquisition of $TWC - Time-Warner is the realization that Internet Service Provider and Content Creator combination is a "greater than the sum" solution. $VZ-Verizon, $TMUS-T-Mobile, $S-Sprint, $CMCSA-Comcast, $CHTR-Charter will hungrily troll the land looking for Content Creators to buy. Just as $APPL-Apple, $AMZN-Amazon and $NFLX-Netflix are doing now. This is on the heals of $CHTR-Charter acquiring $TWC-Time-Warner Cable(the ISP/Cable part). Something to keep in mind; Video games is big business new(bigger than movies). Expect deep-pocket ISP/communication companies to lust after Content Creators like $EA, $TTWO, Valve/Steam, $ATVI-Activision $TCEHY-Tencent holdings, $NTES-NetEase, $UBSFY-Ubisoft, $SQNXF-SquareEnix. As a reminder; GTA-V(Grand Theft Auto #5) grossed $800M in the 1st 24hrs of release.
$NTES – trying to pick the bottom? Too much resistance overhead. Won’t be able to get going.
$SWKS – Squeezing...but this is dead money for now.
$NVDA – “one month cup and handle since earnings?” I wouldn&rsquo ...
Another stock in the "how much worse can it get?" category may be $NTES, which triggered an alert in the pre-market. Unfortunately, although analysts have been forced to lower price targets, many still seem to be officially looking for a 3 ...
- Aragorn: @traderbren $NTES In there with you just coming ot mention here
- traderbren: $NTES - offering a short-term trade off the bottom.
- DAN: $NTES -- Watching this. Looks like support at $310 is holding.
- spmeyers: $NTES poking above the 50-day and the downtrend channel
- rck89: $NTES This stock is now firmly over its 50 and 200 dma. Any thoughts on this one.
- jr3345: @rck89 $NTES Broke through the downward channel. I am long the Jun 320 calls
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $NTES NetEase Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=NTES&clip=95716
$NTES – watch 200-day MA. Earnings tomorrow. Set up for rebound.
$CRZO – Short term low here. Stop below $17.80ish.
- peppercorn: @Aragorn thanks for these #InsideMonths to consider and track for FEB 2018 - $ADXS $AGCO $AGX $ALNY $ALRM $APT $ATAI $AVAV $BCOV $BLUE $BMRN $CALA $CGNX $CLX $CRTO $DBA $DBD $EFOI $EQT $EYES $GBTC $GLUU $GNC $HQY $IBP $INVE $JJC $KMG $KSU $LAKE $LL $MBI $MDC $MEI $MMC $NTES $OAS $ONCE $ONVO $PAY $PCG $PRTA $PTLA $QRVO $SAIC $SDRL $SFUN $SNAP $SPWR $SWKS $T $TELL $TGI $TRIL $TROV $TROX $USCR $WATT $XOMA $XONE
- bRobert: $NTES Double bottom trade. Long calls/spreads
- Shopaholic526: $CVX Sitting on my hands today. Stopped out on $CVX, $AAPL and $NTES.
- bRobert: $NTES Double bottom trade working. (weekly) $400 target Trying to kill off gap fill below. Small inv h&s on right. on daily Earnings early FEB. Long call spreads.
- bRobert: $NTES Bearish DOUBLE TOP setup projects to gap $285. Nice fake out move above 50d yesterday to suck in more bulls. Watching for potential bearish play view put spreads. < $310ish area leading to wooosh. If this plays out, my gut feeling is it may be a quick gap fill and then a resumption of the uptrend. This has been a good trading stock up and down with 70+ point moves. Not for the squeemish. Not my favorite play. (buy and hold)
- traderbren: $NTES -- back above the 50dma, and getting a bid.
- bRobert: $NTES Looking at double bottom trade possibility in one of my favorites from last year.
- bRobert: $NTES offering low risk entry/add. Bottom of channel. Long leaps
- bRobert: Stocks to watch with upside mojo $ESPR $VRTX $NTES $DPZ $LOW $BIIB $STZ $YY $CVGI $GM $SLCA $FB $BABA $CAR $ULTA VRTX $169+ DPZ $210 LOW $105 (HD works) BIIB $350 NTES $450 BIDU $270 $370 YY $140 CVGI $18 GM $50 FB $200 SLCA $42 $50 $BABA $200 (AABA also) CAR $62 (HTZ works) ULTA $270 STZ Looking for opportunity on pullback post earnings add on pullbacks
- traderbren: @bRobert $ESPR $VRTX $NTES $DPZ $LOW $BIIB $STZ $YY $CVGI $GM $SLCA $FB $BABA $CAR - looks like we'll have that oppty in $STZ.
- bRobert: $NTES nest leg. Huge winner last year. Long leap calls
- bRobert: $NTES Added on pullback bounce from bottom of channel. Put a ruler under the last 3 lows. Stop just below. Long leap calls
- Vehid: @bRobert $NTES $330?
- bRobert: $NTES nh Long leap call spread
- traderbren: $NTES - STC the Jan $350 calls on this pop. Nice gain; gotta bank it.
- bRobert: @traderbren $NTES whatever works. I have longer time frame.
- bRobert: @traderbren $NTES Cup targets over $400 sooner than later
- traderbren: @bRobert $NTES - I side with your view although I'm concerned about the gap up and couldn't give up on the gains, but plan to re-enter as I like your target on the stock. Thanks for your superb posts. cheers, B
- bRobert: $NTES Gap fill
- traderbren: @bRobert $NTES - yep, had an alert set in the gap. ;-)
- bRobert: $NTES A very bullish stock with strong support underneath from anxious buyers who missed the move. Target $460 Long term Not necessarily straight up. Look at the weekly. Just getting started . Long leap call spread
- jwstich: @bRobert $NTES I like the weekly pattern also. Curious as to what call spread you have?
- bRobert: $NTES Hanging out with MELI Strong underlying support. Consolidating move. $430 + . next year. Holding via call spreads
- bRobert: $MELI . $NTES . These are both very strong and are going much higher. NTES target $450+ . MELI $370 Not a buy day but don't lose track. Look at the weekly charts. Early breakouts. Hardest thing to do is hold a winner. Long leap call spreads.
- bRobert: $NTES Some resistance near top of range. Sold some premium against Leap calls. IF NTES clears $375 area, targets raised to $480+ long term. Not straight up. Should be interesting
- bRobert: $NTES Sold some premium against Leap calls
18. $NTES – Another Monday stock. “This works...with a stop below $310.” Now testing the November high. Looks like $360 is where the sellers are.
19. $FCX – covered last night. Breakout continuing. Up 16% in 6 trading da ...
- traderbren: $NTES - looking constructive. Looking for it to clear $345ish
- bRobert: $NTES VERY strong. Long leap calls Started with a double bottom 90+ points ago
- bRobert: $NTES phase 3.
|Stock Price||$USD 222.65|
NetEase Inc is a China-based Internet technology company, which is engaged in the development of applications, services and other technologies for the Internet in China.Request Video of NTES
Already a member? Sign in here.
- May 15th, 2019 - 2019 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 9.39 45.29%
- $USD 22.76 22.08%
- $USD 92.28 20.27%
- $USD 13.50 -28.77%
- $USD 7.58 -20.23%
- $USD 6.30 -12.24%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 60,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (60,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!