VanEck Oil Services ETF (:OIH)
Old Forum Content for OIHMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
While we are seeing a ton of Tech stocks bounce, I don’t want to lose sight of some of the commodity stocks. Coal stocks like $BTU and $AMR are still in a nice uptrend. #$XLE and $OIH Stocks are the same. Materials like $TECK $FCX $SCCO are st ...
- traderbren: $XOP $OIH - nice recovery and bid
- scottrades: Seeing early strength in $XLE and $OIH stocks.
- Docoof: @scottrades $XLE $OIH This one isn’t mentioned much, $IEO, but at 1-yr high today.
- scottrades: @Docoof $XLE $OIH $IEO Thank you!
- Docoof: @scottrades $XLE $OIH $IEO Sure 😊
- bRobert: @scottrades $XLE $OIH $IEO Include $XOP in your mix
- bRobert: $XLE $USO $XOP $OIH pullback....bounce $HAL $46 potential $SLCA $20/ $25/$30 $GTLS Monster move holding Flag $190/$200 flag target $250+ longer term Stealth energy play LNG Hydrogen Others
- champ: $XLE $OIH $CVX $XOM $PBF $DK $SLCA $SOI $LBRT $NEX $PAA $KMI $PAGP...my Energy positions are really working this morning....
- scottrades: Watch $XLE and $OIH Stocks here.
- champ: @scottrades $XLE $OIH ....I'm holding both of these ETF and Investors could look at the stocks,.. that both are holding, for stock ideas.... .....Large Cap Oil stocks are strong, might continue, I'm still holding both of these stocks.......$CVX and $XOM, however there are many others..... .....plus Small Cap energy Service stocks....$LBRT $NEX $SLCA $SOI...I'm holding these but there are many others..... .....$KMI $PAA $PAGP.....plus I have also been positing about energy #Pipelines and I'm still holding these Investment positions also.
- Docoof: @scottrades $XLE $OIH I went with $IEO, a low liquidity oil & gas etf, mostly because I read that it has outperformed $XOP by 10.9% since 2017. Just mentioning it as an alternative to $XOP since the last forum post about it was in 2014.
- Pokersmith: Up over 10 pts to the good pre-market....see $OIH Energy, metals and agg ..... the right neighborhoods...however, quite extended. long
- bRobert: @Pokersmith $OIH With a limited number of investment options + momentum........things can get more extended Current batch of $XOP leaps up 300 - 600% Targets have been posted since last year $170/$330 Historical highs with Oil at lower prices The news has accelerated a strong move that was already underway Overweight .....for a while
- bRobert: @Pokersmith $OIH $SLCA $25/$30 potential Long term spec from the $1 menu $HAL $45 Liquid options/leaps BCS
- Pokersmith: @vfr777 $RIG see also : $OIH
- champ: $OIH...up +$26, HOD-L, expect zig-zags...Check out all the Small cap stocks.. that they are holding in this #Energy-Service sector....
- Suz: @champ $OIH #Energy-Service I believe I read over the weekend that Buffet took a substantial position on Friday.
- joelsg1: @Suz $OIH #Energy-Service $5B in $OXY.
- champ: @Suz $OIH #Energy-Service ...That info is nice to know #Thanks.... I knew that he took out a large position in $OXY also...NP in $OXY...because I missed it.
- Suz: @joelsg1 $OIH $OXY #Energy-Service Thank you for the clarification :)
- bRobert: @Suz $OIH #Energy-Service Whales were buying well before Late whale ;)
- Suz: @bRobert $OIH #Energy-Service Yup. He was late to the trade, but he can afford to be.
- bRobert: $TAN will work well long term but it is DIFFERENT than $XOP $OIH OVERWEIGHT $XOP from below Small partial in $TAN related
- Rayray: @Suz $OIH #Energy-Service Buffet must be in $OXY for the long term.
- Suz: @Rayray $OIH $OXY #Energy-Service He is in everything for the long term LOL
- champ: @Suz $OIH #Energy-Service....this sector is making a real nice move today.....I'm holding these positions in this Sub-sector....$SLCA $NEX $LBRT $SOI and also this ETF...$OIH...see the holdings in this ETF.
- bigbartabs: @Suz $OIH #Energy-Service ... Buffet big position on Friday... I bet he's bummed.
- champ: #Large-Cap Energy is holding-up, $XOM and $CVX....and $XLE is up a little, plus the same with $OIH, is up +$20.00......
- Cjauger: $OIH big move
- Pokersmith: @joelsg1 @bRobert $DVN $XOP see also $OIH , it's a bit earlier in the move.
- bRobert: @Pokersmith $DVN $XOP $OIH I play there I like the space. Another. Good Leap play.
...........$XLE was my test position... for other ETF positions and if you follow my posts, I posted ETF's that I was looking at,...at 11:03 AM....$GUSH $BOIL $XOP and I added to $XLE and these other 3...however I didn't use $OIH or $ERX...because I ...
- champ: $GUSH $BOIL $XOP $XLE $OIH $ERX....these are a few energy ETF's ....check out the Portfolio.. Holdings in each.... Traders are at Work....and they are the dancers.....they always work the zig-zags....and for the most part Investors are Holding and Building.... .......Plus #Computerized trading is also going on, for sure....... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Pokersmith: Check out $OIH 👀
- bRobert: @Pokersmith $OIH OIH vay
- scottrades: @Pokersmith $OIH Woah..
- Cjauger: @Pokersmith $OIH Wow!!!
- champ: @scottrades $OIH ...This was one of my ETF #Set-ups, that I posted this morning in the energy sector,...I'm working with size in these names.
- bRobert: @Pokersmith $OIH $SLCA $20/$25. targets. SPEC $HAL. $40. target. I like the. space. with. OPTIONS. I see higher. % returns in. $XOP. related. and even trading crude
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Death by 1000 Cuts $QQQ Push back at the 21 EMA $GLD Still in trend $GDX Bought some back today $XLE Still good. $OIH In trend $XLV Above the 200 Day $XME Still going..but hard to buy here $SMH Base Building $GBTC: Switzerland's City of Lugano will make Bitcoin legal tender. $NEM Miners are still trending nicely $FNV Close to the highs $GOLD Watch 23.60 $EGO Watch 11.40 $WPM Watching for a re-entry $SSRM Watch 21 $SU Still have some $XOM Still in trend $CVX Extended $LPI Watch 80 $DVN Still above the MAs $CVE Holding the 21 EMA $ZIM Nice breakout today $GSL Working but extended $SBLK Watch 30 $UNH Working $ANTM Working
- BocaRick: $HAL $SLB $BKR all turn red $OIH off 1.5%
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Choppy under the MAs $QQQ Same $SMH Still under the 200 Day $ARKK Needs a base $GLD Hard to buy but worth watching $GDX Bought this today $XLE Still working but extended. $OIH Downside move but holding the 21 EMA $XME Extended. $GBTC Closed above the 50 Day $AAPL Running into Resistance. $TSLA Running into resistance. $NVDA Building a base $GOOGL Same $GOLD Close to resistance. $NEM Nice move off the 8EMA $WPM Big volume today. $EGO Great volume off the 8EMA. $SU Watch today’s low $IMO Still ok. $CPE Extended. $CVE Holding the 8EMA $AR Breaking out of a cup $FANG Still in trend. $COP Still working $CTRA Still working. $BTU Wait for a pullback now $ARCH New the highs $ANTM Tight along the 50 Day $CNC Close to the 50 day $MP Mentioned in the forum, watch today’s low $MEOH Pulling back to the 8EMA
$OIH -- Testing $250. Alert $251
$XLK -- buying this? Why?
Stocks from this morning’s note:
$CEIX -- printing a low handle. Watch this. It’s still setting up. Alert $31.70
$RS -- Big move today on heavy volume.
$BTU -- still setti ...
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Lower Highs Everywhere! $QQQ Back above the 8 Day but still a lower high $SMH Right under the 200 Day $XLE / $OIH Flag $XME Breaking out. $HACK Cyber Security Stocks Catching a bid. $TAN Needs a higher low. $ARKK Bounce! $GLD Back to the 8EMA $GDX Consolidating #Bitcoin Moving with Tech. $NVDA Bought this today $AMD Potential Higher Low $MU Above the 50 Day $TSM Careful here. $MRVL Holding right around the 200 Day $ON Not even allowed to get to the 200 Day $FCX Strong break on volume $BTU Upside reversal but running into some resistance. $AA Still strong. $MP Closed above the 50 Day on volume. $ZIM Holding the 21 EMA again. $AR Cup $XOM Channel $CVE Flag $CVX Breaking out. $SU Good Volume today.
$OIH Nice upside reversal
$XLE Holding the 21 EMA
$GLD Back test of the trendline
$GDX Bought some of this today. Support at the 8EMA
#Bitcoin / #Ethereum: Holding the low on good volume.
$AAPL Trying to get back above the 50 Day
$MA Great volu ...
- DavidM: @Pokersmith $SLB I'm in $OIH. 19% of it is $SLB.
- Pokersmith: @DavidM $SLB $OIH Nothing better than concentrated diversification 👍
- petomendez: $oih... breaking out right at this moment.... volume is gaining ...
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY 3 Days Up $QQQ Back above the 200 Day but still lagging. $XLE New Highs $OIH Close to the highs $XOP Close to the highs $XLF Back above the 50 Day $XLP See the slope? $SMH Holding the 200 Day. #Bitcoin at resistance. #Ethereum outperforming again. $GBTC currently trading at a 25% Discount to NAV. $SU Nice move, earnings tomorrow $CVE Took this today $APA Short base $MGY Clear resistance $BP Flag $XOM Big move today. $LNG Pokersmith mention. $ZIM Still holding. $DAC a tad extended.. $CF Mentioned this morning in my note. $MOS Boom! $PM Earning next week. Short base. $AAPL Working, but remember what’s overhead. $TSLA nice move off the 200 Day $NVDA Off the 200 Day. $MSFT Trying to base, patience needed imo. $GOOGL Big move AH on Earnings, let’s see how it trades tomorrow. 20:1 Stock split! $PYPL Getting crushed AH.
The $OIH and $XLE space is still where you want to be if you are looking for stocks above their major moving averages.
Let’s be open minded, protective and take care of our money and our mental capital.
- bRobert: $OIH. top of. range. and. 200W. ceiling. just. above. Extended. $HAL. $SLB. others. Consider partials/raise. trailers $AMD. dip. below the 200d. Not what you want to see. $95 potential $MU. Needs to stay. >. 200d or. risk $65. Potential short. set up. np
- billk: $OIH - Did anyone notice that on last night, Dan's OIH weekly chart it looked like a perfect inverse H & S pattern?
- bRobert: @billk $OIH On my chart. too. $300+. long term potential 40%. upside. 200W. ceiling just. above. Expect the expected. Look for. pullbacks.
- DAN: Good morning. The market is set to open much higher this morning after Microsoft's ($MSFT) conference call last night. The stock initially sold off after the raw numbers were disappointing. [Hard to see how the year-over-year quarterly numbers wer ...
$OIH -- Still basing. Alert $250
$XOP -- Pullback reversal.
$HAL -- Good action here. Buyers are aggressive after a 12 month base.
$CVX -- Also working really wall.
$SLB -- Good breakout. Alert $40.15
$DEN -- Pullback to 200-day MA and still in a ...
DAN: What's Working in a Bloodbath? A big market selloff like we've been experiencing will typically reveal the stocks and sectors that are strong...and are going to get even stronger when the carnage is over. Check the Energy Sector ($XLE).
The $XLE ...
- bRobert: Impressive move in $OIH. related. $HAL. $SLB. WEEKLY breakouts. to new. highs. More in the tank. Pullbacks
- nathan09: $XOP $OIH $GUSH Buyable pull back? I would like to add.....
- bRobert: @nathan09 $XOP $OIH $GUSH Anything is buyable for a trade with stop just below but I think it has more consolidation Big speed bump above $112 COP
- bRobert: $OIH. Couldn't help but notice. the WEEKLY. H&S. top. Under all the. moving. averages. Failure under the 20/50W. now Watch and react
- bRobert: @wineinquirer $SPY Many individual stocks are very overbought Good low risk buy points/adds will require more consolidation..........Sideways will work for the strongest Being overbought with a good breadth rally is very different than when the SPY ran up on the backs of the mega cap Tech names I don't expect a big correction at all Lots of anxious buyers waiting to acquire the building blocks for the next leg up $XLI $XLE ($XOP $TAN $OIH) $XME eg $FCX $TECK $STLD $XRT $SMH $XLF $CLOU Cloud stocks/cybersecurity
- NickSingh: @joelsg1 $TSLA pls excuse my jumping in here but these are free pearls being given out here and therefore I’m picking some. I’ve done the (almost) same thing with my $OIH, I bought it somewhere $185sh, sold c/c jan $200 and the stock recently was $225sh (I have more holdings in this , this is just one case), so rather than looking at it everyday and regretting, I bought the call back, sold those 100 shares (net outa pocket couple bucks) and sold same date Jan put $200 for premium, (just to justify this action)Now if stock dips below $200 on expiry, I get assigned but my stock in case of c/c also would’ve stayed with me. Same result, so why should I hold the stock for 3 additional months on someone else’s behalf..:) Sorry too long and boring
- joelsg1: @NickSingh $TSLA $OIH I think what @bRobert is saying, and Always PEARLS, is rarely buy back the underwater short calls, unless they are cheap enough (which won't happen much because the premise is they're underwater),but let them exercise against your cover, either calls or stock. Then, if you're still bullish, buy a new call and even spread again if you wish. At least that's the lesson I've learned, and it's a GOOD ONE.
- NickSingh: @joelsg1 $TSLA $OIH I only meant in case when the cost to buy back the call is pretty much being paid by the rise in stock price beyond the strike price and there is still time left to expiry, and only in case of covered call. @joelsg1
$OIH -- STrong moves. Last 7 days are up. Good volume.
$HAL -- Chasing now...but going higher!
$RIG -- working on a $4 breakout. Alert $4.20
$PTEN -- Watch this one. Working on a low handle.
$OKE -- Look at weekly chart. Five consecutive up wee ...
- bRobert: $USO WEEKLY breakout $60/$70 + 200 WEEK ceiling Much higher long term with move above ceiling $OIH up over 3.3 % Back above 20 WEEK $250/$340 long term with WEEKLY breakout > ceiling $HAL $25/$32 40% $XOP WEEKLY breakout $110/$150 50% upside $GUSH 2X 100% $MTDR nh WEEKLY breakout $50/$70 targets $FANG nh $130
- NickSingh: Oil & oil stocks are the talk of the town today $GUSH $OIH $PXD $DVN and many ofhers, canadian oil stocks also up 8-10% average
- bRobert: $NUE. Flag trigger in motion. to. target. LOOK for. a pullback. bounce $125 with move. >. 50d. $160+. longer term $STLD. same. $72. with move. > 50d. $100. longer. Pullbacks $CLF. same. deal. Pullbacks $23/$26/$30 . as this. reversal base. builds $SLX. flag. trigger. >. 200d. WEAKER chart but reversal in motion Any positive infrastructure legislation will send. the materials and. machinery stocks. SOARING. from nice pullback bounces. Renters in equipment. ahead of the pack. $HRI. $URI. (also goosed with $OIH related exposure) Transports involved in moving heavy materials around will rise. as well Trains Bottom of trading rages for many. , Trucking already humming $ODFL weekly breakout n motion. Catch up. $ARCB $R. other smaller outfits $YELL SPEC
- bRobert: @NickSingh $GUSH $OIH $PXD $DVN Many posts. BEFORE the move encouraging a small hold. WEEKLY breakout soon in $XOP. $USO with very high targets $OIH. Catch up. WEEKLY W. trigger. $240. A fast 20%. $350. longer term. with a. WEEKLY breakout. 75%. stock. CHEAP LEAPS in these. generally. low. volatility movers $XOP. $150. 50%.+
- NickSingh: @bRobert $GUSH $OIH $PXD $DVN $XOP $USO yes sir you’ve been posting and educating abt these all along!
- NickSingh: $OIH bought evergrande day $175.8, stock $183.8 now, sold c/c $190 oct $6
- jsdpie: @DAN $PLTR $SPY $DIA $QQQ $MDY $IWM $XLE $OIH $XOP $DEN $MNRL $MPC $CLR $NLY $AAPL $FB $AMZN $NVDA $GOOGL $NFLX $BOOT $ALGN $COIN $FFTY $IPO $TSLA $SHOP $HD $CAR Thank you for the new and improved note with multiple bearish and bullish signals .
$OIH -- Do not anticipate...there’s not much reward in being right.
$XOP -- Not buyable here.
$DEN -- worth watching.
$MNRL -- worth watching at $20. Alert $20
$MPC -- worth watching at $60. Alert $60
$CLR -- Working well from April buy si ...
- NickSingh: @bRobert would you consider a leap in $GUSH $OIH or $DVN atleast a year out, thanks, just wondering what you feel about these oil stocks/etf going forward, we don’t need them to go up and stay up either
- bRobert: @NickSingh $GUSH $OIH $DVN Scaling into $XOP would be fine with a move > 20 WEEK Stock/LEAPS Baby steps $MTDR $50 target with move > 20 WEEK $XOM $75 potential
- NickSingh: @bRobert $GUSH $OIH $DVN $XOP $MTDR $XOM thanks sir!
- lostsheep: $xle #xop $oih were all green on Friday with oil down looks as though they were forecasting the $2 bounce in crude futures this am Followed by some upgrades this am $clr $eog $oas
- Docoof: @lostsheep $xle $oih $clr $eog $oas #xop FWIW — $BAC reiterates $XOM as buy, and notes: “While we see greatest absolute value amongst higher beta names, the recent selloff has similarly pulled higher quality names to levels that have equally attractively value. Near term, top ideas for a theoretically more ‘defensive’ mix includes $XOM, $COP, $PXD and $EOG”
- lostsheep: @Docoof $xle $oih $clr $eog $oas $BAC $XOM $COP $PXD $EOG #xop potential short term snap back in $fang As noted the $spy needs this sector for buoyancy. Again beautifully choreographed.
- NickSingh: Sold my (only new buy) $OIH for a small profit on friday, up close to additional $9 bucks today, tho sold a $167 put also same day. I won’t actually mind adding at $167 if I could. @bRobert
- lostsheep: #oil $xle $xop $oih all green plus $xel etc.. oil down over a buck I can't help but think the Afghanistan situation may have broader implications going forward?
- NickSingh: Can you say something on $Pxd $gush $Oih pls. I have em all and short puts on some (much higher).thanks @bRobert
- bRobert: @NickSingh $Pxd $gush $Oih Break of. the 20week was a sell signal in the space. $USO $OIL $XOP. $XOP. h&s. top measures to $65. area. Testing. 50 WEEK.
- NickSingh: @bRobert $Pxd $gush $Oih $USO $OIL $XOP well sir, with my oil stocks been holding for long, can’t get out as things could turn around any time imho, obviously I don’t play smart. Do post when you think its again a good idea to add
- bRobert: @NickSingh $Pxd $gush $Oih $USO $OIL $XOP I expect a bounce from the 50d. now. The quality is up for discussion. AND SHOULD BE SCRUTINIZED A Failed bounce may slice through the 50d. and complete the H&S top
- NickSingh: @bRobert $Pxd $gush $Oih $USO $OIL $XOP great thanks. And sorry “quality” of..?
- bRobert: @NickSingh $Pxd $gush $Oih $USO $OIL $XOP A bounce off the 50d. is expected. How good a bounce remains to be determined. A poor. failed bounce sets up for a break of the 50d.
- NickSingh: Added $OIH 165.44
- NickSingh: @NickSingh $OIH I can sell a covered call Jan22 on this @$175 for $15. Not bad $25 return on $165 for 5 months. Or I could sell weeklys. Haven’t done any of those thus far. Sir @bRobert whatdaya think, or I can just get out if you say so. If it goes down than my cost base is $150
- bRobert: @NickSingh $OIH $OIH. WEEKLY h&s. top. in motion. COULD test. $100. $250. head. $175 neckline Not enough protection with a covered call More of a clear cut short play on failed bounces.
- NickSingh: @bRobert $OIH shorting anything has been hugely detrimental to my account health in the past, thanks I will be careful 😱
- bRobert: @NickSingh $OIH I'm not suggesting that you short. Just asking you to reconsider your long position more carefully.
- NickSingh: @bRobert $OIH yes sir, also I hold this so it kinda lowers my average
- debeers: $OIH/$MTDR-when oil is up, both will be up $MTDR will be up more, of course, the reverse is true as well. Today OIH up 1.73%/$MTDR up 1.98. Today, he is de MATADOR not de bool.LONG
- scottto_2: #InsideBarList - My OCD kicked in hard on this one - Thanks Sir @Aragorn - $AAL $AAOI $AAPL $ABC $ABT $ABUS $ACAD $ADI $ADS $AEM $AES $AFL $AGCO $AGIO $AIG $AKAM $AKTX $ALE $ALGT $AMCX $AMN $AMP $AMT $AMZN $AN $ANET $ANGI $ANTM $AON $APA $APD $APRN $ ...
- lostsheep: $xle $xop $oih all moving with oil flat $xme $xlb as well Inflationary items finding a bid
- NickSingh: @lostsheep $eog $cop $xom $mpc $dvn $kmi $epd $mro #oil $OIH $PXD
- NickSingh: @Robert1965 $XLE lost quite a bit on calls on this last week, currently i hold some $OIH $Pxd and $DVN
The investment seeks to replicate as closely as possible, before fees and expenses, the price and yield performance of the Market Vectors? US Listed Oil Services 25 Index. The fund normally invests at least 80% of its total assets in securities that comprise the fund's benchmark index. The Oil Services Index is comprised of common stocks and depositary receipts of U.S. exchange-listed companies in the oil services industry. Such companies may include medium-capitalization companies and foreign companies that are listed on a U.S. exchange. It is non-diversified.Request Video of OIH
Already a member? Sign in here.
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 87,700 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (87,700) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!