Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc. (NASDAQ:PLAY)
Old Forum Content for PLAYMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- BocaRick: @woodman $TRXC $EXEL $ARRY premarket also $PLAY and $SSYS
- issues: @petros06 $XPO bought small with stop at $39. Thanks! Fraud in the courts takes decades to resolve. Also bought $PLAY yesterday and it's holding up.
- debeers: @JustJoe $PLAY - Will you be changing your name to TheBestJoe? I ask because you certainly are a cunning linguist.
- issues: @spmeyers $CQP $NAT $COP $USO I like the chart of CQP, especially this time of year! $NAT is a spec play. Speaking of $PLAY, anyone jumping in on this for a bounce trade? I bought a small position with a stop at $44.45. This was an IBD 50 stock last week. (Not this week). It's got a little juice in it, don't ya thunk?
- bigbartabs: @issues $HASI $LADR $MPW $MSI $MTCH $REGN $STOR $TMO $TWTR $ULTA $ALSN $DG $FIVE $HEI $HQY $LULU $PLAY $SUPN ... do you (or anyone else) know if the $FFTY ETF is immediately updated when the IBD 50 list changes? Or is that a trailing change some time later?
- phgruver: @bigbartabs @issues $HASI $LADR $MPW $MSI $MTCH $REGN $STOR $TMO $TWTR $ULTA $ALSN $DG $FIVE $HEI $HQY $LULU $PLAY $SUPN $FFTY From the $FFTY prospectus: "The Fund generally invests in all of the securities comprising the Index in proportion to the weightings of the securities in the Index. The Index is rebalanced and reconstituted on the last day of each trading week after the U.S. stock market closes and is published by IBD on its website, www.investors.com, and at least once weekly in its print edition. This weekly rebalancing and reconstituting of the Index will cause the Fund to have a higher portfolio turnover rate than similar funds." So, you may safely infer that rebalancing occurs weekly, but not necessarily on Monday. It may take a day or two.
- bigbartabs: @phgruver $HASI $LADR $MPW $MSI $MTCH $REGN $STOR $TMO $TWTR $ULTA $ALSN $DG $FIVE $HEI $HQY $LULU $PLAY $SUPN $FFTY ... If its rebalanced each week, that's pretty good response. Apparently then Monday morning is when the $FFTY is most closely aligned with the IBD 50. Thanks... good luck buddy...
- debeers: $PLAY-No one is going to Dave & Buster's. Shareholders now at the vomitorium. NP
- JustJoe: @debeers $PLAY Let's change that name to Dave and Busted.
- issues: New on IBD 50 for this week include: $HASI $LADR $MPW $MSI $MTCH $REGN $STOR $TMO $TWTR. Off the IBD 50: $ULTA $ALSN $DG $FIVE $HEI $HQY $LULU $PLAY $SUPN. I know it's all computerized but I have no idea why some are deleted while others are added. Maybe it sorcery? Thank you for this Issues!! You bet' ya!
- Robert1965: @Reif99 $RH $PLAY $CRSP Shorted $RH at 158.00 yesterday hard trade only went above 158.58, once BTC at 153.75, only there for seconds $PLAY remained steady all day.
- Reif99: $RH and $CRSP didn't give me an entry. Sold $PLAY right after the open, just got stopped out for a small loss.
- Reif99: $RH and $PLAY may be ripe for shorts tomorrow, after monster days (>3 STD DEV) post earnings. Both finished near the high of the day, though, so it's not automatic. $CRSP may bounce after a 10% drop on news that at least some think is overblown. Hovering right above the 50 DMA.
- champ: $USG @ $30 --- This is a construction supplier of building material and is a larger distributor of 1,000's of building products. They are also a manufacture of building products....they are in $Play....because of many reasons but one big reason is th ...
- Bridget: #Notes: $XLF and $XLE saw a nice turn $XLB and $XME continued higher $XLV and $XBI - down on uncertainty Earnings today: $GOOGL - gap down $MCD - breakout higher $CAT - breakout higher $STX - gap down and bounce $LLY - pullback to support $MMM - gap down $UTX - break down Earnings to come: $WYNN $BA $X $KO $CMG $T $AMD $MTSI - working $JD - working $CC - working $SYMC - working $BOFI - breakout $FOSL/$JWN/$GPS/$JCP - rising from the grave $DRI - breaking down from squeeze $PLAY - starting to look toppy $ZTS - break down from squeeze $LITE - slight pullback $VEEV - slight pullback IPOs $IPO - this IPO ETF is at all time highs $BL - breakout $ADSW - new high $JHG - top of the range
- issues: I listened to Dan's alert on $ANET (buy at a pull back to $145) and noticed a similarity to the charts of $PLAY and $ZBRA. So I am trying to decide which one to add to. We hold starter positions in all three.
- DAN: @issues $ANET $PLAY $ZBRA I wouldn't add to any of them right now, issues. They are indeed similar patterns. They've all broken the 50-day moving average and have not yet found buyers. I'd play it pretty close to the vest.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $PLAY Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=PLAY&clip=87520
- BigJack: $PLAY anyone looking at $PLay
- shoredriver: @BigJack $PLAY $PLay looks like you are....what are your thoughts
- BigJack: @shoredriver $PLAY Its is right at 50
- shoredriver: @BigJack $PLAY ....ok.....and.....
- BigJack: @shoredriver $PLAY the last few months it has bounced of the 50 for a gain. I'm still learning, your thoughts
- Junior1: @BigJack $PLAY I see lower highs and lower lows since the failed vol squeeze breakout of early June. But you're right, it is showing some support at the 50dma
- DAN: Some stocks that are at good entry levels. $PLAY $TRUE $MSFT. OMMers -- consider selling July 70 put for $1.80. That would give you a cost basis of $68.20, which is below the 50-day moving average. Only sell the number of contracts that you are willing to have assigned to you. --Dan
- Bridget: $PLAY at a nice low risk buy point in its uptrend.
- issues: Took a look at the 10 day chart and these were the best $AEIS (dropped from 12% to 1%) $LRCX (drop 6% to -1%) $AMAT (4% to -3%) $CGNX (4% to -5%) $ICHR(8% to -6%) $MTSI (-2% to -8%). But looking at the charts on this page it looks like MTSI is the best. We hold small position in $AEIS $LRCX $MTSI & $PLAY. But I added to $PLAY (thank you Bridget) and bought starter in $LITE (thanks Champ). Why? LITE went from +14% to drop to just 5% (best) and PLAY dropped from 10% of 5%. I added to $NVDA on this pull back. It closed near the high of the day. I am hoping this pull back will resume its uptrend to break out over $170! Looking at $OLED. Some of the IBD 50 this week are $AMAT $ANET $ATHM $ATVI $BABA $CGNX $EDU $ICHR $LITE $LRCX $MTSI $NVDA $PLAY
- Bridget: $PLAY soaring higher after earnings
- captron: $PLAY -One of my better employees. Volume is picking up on this breakout. There is enough short interest to keep this going. Added after the open.
- Bridget: @captron $PLAY ER today after the close.
- captron: @Bridget $PLAY Thanks for the reminder.. Will probably sell half at the close. They do have a history of surprises though.
- DAN: $PLAY -- Friday's breakout from squeeze continuing in big way today. Earning to be released today after the close.
- captron: $PLAY - sold 3/4 of my holdings. Will buy back in the morning if it drops after earnings.
- captron: $PLAY - Breaking out.
- Bridget: @captron $PLAY nice breakout. Looks like it could be an earnings run. ER on 6/6
- captron: @Bridget $PLAY I'm hoping, which is not a strategy, it is. Added this morning.
- captron: $PLAY - Really in a tight squeeze. Looks like its ready to go one way or the other. Need some volume.
- captron: $PLAY - I also like $PLAY right here, bouncing off the 21ema and squeezing. It needs more volume to continue on.
- Bridget: My fav IBD 50 stocks right now- $FIVE $ATHM $BABA $COHR $CC $CTRL $MCHP $MOMO $VEEV$MTSI $PLAY $PRAH $TRU
- issues: @Bridget $FIVE $ATHM $BABA $COHR $CC $CTRL $MCHP $MOMO $VEEV $MTSI $PLAY $PRAH $TRU Which do you own or want to own?
- Erik99: @Bridget $FIVE $ATHM $BABA $COHR $CC $CTRL $MCHP $MOMO $VEEV $MTSI $PLAY $PRAH $TRU appreciate this info,thx
- issues: PLAY? Today? $PLAY (Dave & Buster) reports earnings after hours. We hold a small position. Last time they gapped up. It's seems pretty high. Trying to decide if I want to "play" with the report. Anyone else playing?
- arrow: @issues $PLAY Yes, shorting the April $60 puts.
- issues: $PLAY dropping as expected in AH.
- bsafriet: @issues $PLAY I bought the APR'17 60/65 vert call spread to "play" the report. I thought it had a good shot at mocving on results. It's down, but recovering, now at 59.48 -1.29. I couldn't see much wrong with report except same store sales prob'ly disappointed. What's your take?
- issues: @bsafriet $PLAY Thanks for your note. It doesn't seem to matter what the report says it's a shoot first, ask questions later, type market. Look at $PANW! There wasn't anything wrong with their earnings last time (estimate .62 actual .63, yet it lost 1/3 of its value.) There is this knee jerk (like when the doc hits your knee with his rubber mallet) to sell immediately! So tomorrow we will probably see it down.
- bsafriet: @issues $PLAY $PANW Last I've seen, it's the same same store sales (3.2% vs 3.7% expected) and disappointing guidance, 2-3% same store sales vs 3.6% expected. I don't remember if these guys guide conservatively or not. We'll have to see were this goes tomorrow after market opens.......
- Raos: @issues $PLAY Here is the headlines on IBD ... which explains why the dip post earnings .....Dave & Buster's Guides Light After Q4 Beats
- issues: @Rasta I will have to ask IBD, ok? I will need some sort of remuneration from you, right? Ok ok, just kidding. Don't tell IBD but here it is: $NVDA $UBNT $EVR $THO $HQY $TREX $ANET $IDCC $CPE $BOFI $AEIS $CFG $ESNT $EXP $VEEV $WAL $PRI $AMAT $SIVB $PLAY $SCHW $STMP $GRUB $FCB $HOMB $STL $MS $CGNX $MSCC $GATX $CRTO $COMM $OZRK $MXL $NTES $UTHR $GIMO $MPWR $GNTX $FRC $RDN $MASI $ALGN $JCOM $WNC $MBFI $GS $CARB $MIDD $MCHP
- mepcc1: $PLAY - Super tight volatility squeeze set up for about a 1 month base but well above 50dma - could go either way - earnings not until March - 50dma at support level before gap up on what had to be earnings in early December. Taking a small position with an alerts - could drift along this way until next catalyst which would be earning towards end March - @Bridget - opinion?
bsafriet: $PLAY $OLLI $FNSR $AVGO $DIS
I'd bought calls for $PLAY, $OLLI, $FNSR and $AVGO Monday for earnings play. Sold $PLAY position Weds at open for a nice gain. Still holding $OllI Jan-20 $30/$35 vertical call spread position. Currently a loss and I'm ...
14. $PLAY – up 11% AH on great earnings.
15. $ATW – 60% of float is short.
16. $RIG – short squeeze?
17. $STML – alert today. Still consolidating
18. $BLUE – short squeeze?
19. $CLVS – another test o ...
- captron: $PLAY - It is flirting with its all time high. Taking some profits here.
- TunaHelper: @Aragorn Here's the list, with $ done by using the above method: $ABC $AEGR $AFL $AGIO $AMAT $AMIC $AMP $ANGI $ATVI $BAC $BK $BRCD $BRKB $CA $CAT $CGEN $COG $COH $CRTO $CUBE $DATA $EBAY $EMR $EXC $FBIO $FEYE $FFIV $GNC $GRPN $HHC $IFF $JACK $JPM $KORS $LKQ $LOCO $MET $MGM $MHK $MS $NNN $NXPI $OHI $PAY $PLAY $PRU $PVH $RAS $RCL $RH $SPLK $SWKS $TMUS $TRN $TSLA $TTOO $UA $VA $VTR $WB $WTW $WYN $WYNN $XLB $XLF $XRT $YY Hope that is helpful. Thanks for all that you do to help folks here! I for one appreciate it greatly! :) Tuna
- issues: @Aragorn $ABC $AEGR $AFL $AGIO $AMAT $AMIC $AMP $ANGI $ATVI $BAC $BK $BRCD $BRKB $CA $CAT $CGEN $COG $COH $CRTO $CUBE $DATA $EBAY $EMR $EXC $FBIO $FEYE $FFIV $GNC $GRPN $HHC IFF JACK $JPM $KORS $LKQ $LOCO $MET$ MGM $MHK $MS $NNN $NXPI $OHI $PAY $PLAY $PRU PVH $RAS $RCL $RH $SPLK $SWKS $TMUS $TRN $TSLA $TTOO $UA VA $$VA $$VW $$WTW WYN$ WYNN XLB XLF XRT YY
- captron: $PLAY - Take a look at this ticker. Looks like a low risk buy RHRN. Seems to of found a bottom. Took a place holder.
- dpugh: $PLAY Dan has review this stock before. Is anyone buying this on a new high from earnings? Even still holding it. I was looking at a swing trade if it makes a new high. I am reluctant to buy it too with the market at the state it's in too.
- DAN: @dpugh $PLAY I think it's a bit high to be making a new trade. Hard to envision a lot more upside if the stock does break out. That's just a "risk v. reward" thing for me.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $PLAY Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=PLAY&clip=71187
- Raos: @Raos @Dan added $BUFF and $PLAY to my portfolio
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $PLAY Dave & Buster's Entertainment Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=PLAY&clip=70835
- BocaRick: @StockMarketMentor $PLAY earnings after the close
- Raos: $PLAY Good numbers ....Beat top and bottom estimates. Increased guidance. Authorized buy backs
- gwenzee: @issues $INCR $AOS $CRL $CRTO $EFX $MHK $MSCI $PLAY $SNI $PSA $UBNT $WBMD $ZBH $NCLH $RCL $CCL $NCL $AMSG $AVGO $BUFF $CDNS $FLT $HW $KORS $MAA $NTSI $RYAAY $SFM $WAL Thank you for the helpful research. Saves me from having to do it.
- issues: We bought a starter position in $INCR today. Like the chart it's an IBD 50 stock. The new additions to the IBD list this week are; $AOS $CRL $CRTO $EFX $MHK $MSCI $PLAY $SNI $PSA $UBNT $WBMD $ZBH. $NCLH reports tomorrow. With oil going up this is a question mark. Cramer says sell the cruise lines. All of these look the same on the charts; $RCL $CCL $NCLH. We hold $CCL & $NCLH. Off the ibd 50 list this week are: $AMSG $AVGO $BUFF $CDNS $FLT $HW $KORS $MAA $MTSI $RYAAY $SFM $WAL. Thank you for this helpful research! You're welcome!
- issues: @gwenzee $INCR $AOS $CRL $CRTO $EFX $MHK $MSCI $PLAY $SNI $PSA $UBNT $WBMD $ZBH $NCLH $RCL $CCL $NCL $AMSG $AVGO $BUFF $CDNS $FLT $HW $KORS $MAA $NTSI $RYAAY $SFM $WAL OK But I get a commission on anything you buy, right? Just kidding. As you look over these charts which looks ripe to you? $SFM $HW look good.
- Bridget: $PLay breaking down out of consolidation.
- Bridget: $PLAY breaking out today. Not a lot of volume of this is its second attempt since earnings. Weekly chart looks good.
- EasyOut: @Aragorn $AGQ $CAM $CP $ECA $KNDI $MBLY $MEI $NNN $NUE $NUS $PLAY $QCOM $RGLD $RIO $SLB $SLV $SLX $SWK $TRUE $TXN $WYN $X $XME $XONE $YNDX Thanks
- Aragorn: @EasyOut $AGQ $CAM $CP $ECA $KNDI $MBLY $MEI $NNN $NUE $NUS $PLAY $QCOM $RGLD $RIO $SLB $SLV $SLX $SWK $TRUE $TXN $WYN $X $XME $XONE $YNDX Thx
$AAPL $ABUS $ACAD $ADRO $ADXS $AEGR $AEM $AIG $ALE $AMBA $APC $APOL $ASH $AU $BDSI $BG $BHI $BHL $BIN $BITI $BMY $BRCD $BYD $CASY $CAT $CBRL $CL $CLF $CLNE $CMI $CNP $CNQ $COG $COP $CORE $CRM $CRUS $CSCO $DANG $DDD $DJ-30 $DLTR $DO $DPLO $EBIX $EBS ...
- mradams0621: $COR Nice chart. Near break out. Recently added to top ten holdings in $FFTY (IBD 50 basket) Other top 10 holdings are $STMP $SWHC $ELLI $PLAY $RYAAY $ORLY $POOL $EXR $CALM. Recently removed from $FFTY top 10 holdings are $FB $XRS $EEFT $STZ $NTES $ULTA $PSA $AHS $EW
- SierraJW: @Aragorn Your list w/"$"'s: _ Inside Day and up $AA $AEP $ANF $BEAV $CLF $CNP $CTL $DECK $DSX $FGEN $FIVE $GWRE $HRS $IONS $JUNO $K $KORS $LNKD $MBLY $MYGN $NEE $NTES $PLAY $RDUS $SUNE $SWHC $TAN $VEEV $YOKU $YY Inside day and down - $CZR $DMND $GMCR $MYL $VRTX $XL
- Aragorn: @SierraJW $AA $AEP $ANF $BEAV $CLF $CNP $CTL $DECK $DSX $FGEN $FIVE $GWRE $HRS $IONS $JUNO $K $KORS $LNKD $MBLY $MYGN $NEE $NTES $PLAY $RDUS $SUNE $SWHC $TAN $VEEV $YOKU $YY $CZR $DMND $GMCR $MYL $VRTX $XL Thanks Sierra
- issues: The IBD 50 sure changed dramatically this week. There are 25 new stocks replacing 25 from last weeks. The new ones are ones that didn't go down as much (more than going up so much) This shows a very defensive stance the market has taken. Here's the IBD 50 list for today $ABC $AET $AMCX $ANET $CALM $CDW $CELG $CNC $CPB $CRI $CRL $CTXS $DG $DY $ELLI $EPAM $EQM $EW $FL $GGAL $HA $HAWK $HII $ICLR $IDTI $ITC $LGND $LNKD $MYGN $NKE $NTES $NUAN $OLED $PLAY $PRXL $REGN $RHT $ROST $SIG $STE $STZ $SWHC $TDG $TSO $ULTA $VEEV $WBMD $XRS $YY
- Aragorn: @issues $ABC $AET $AMCX $ANET $CALM $CDW $CELG $CNC $CPB $CRI $CRL $CTXS $DG $DY $ELLI $EPAM $EQM $EW $FL $GGAL $HA $HAWK $HII $ICLR $IDTI $ITC $LGND $LNKD $MYGN $NKE $NTES $NUAN $OLED $PLAY $PRXL $REGN $RHT $ROST $SIG $STE $STZ $SWHC $TDG $TSO $ULTA ...
- lostsheep: $PLAY-Continues to churn higher. Working its,way back to 43
- Aragorn: $PLAY Reverse Strats are very powerful one of my favorite setups. Check out $PLAY reverse Strat Daily going for all time highs. 42.07 the trigger already good for 75 cents
These were rev strat daily using my universe of 700 stocks at the close of bus yesterday. I do a list for myself and few others I share it with on daily actionable signals. Here were the stocks with rev strat daily setups $CSIQ $EAT $PLAY $RAX
- DAN: $PLAY -- acting really well in a difficult market environment. Still in consolidation since August, but looking solid.
These IBD 50 stocks were at least positive for the week in a gain from the previous weeks close, but some closed lower than they opened so in my world that is a red week. $SWHC $AYI $AMSG $GGAL $INGN $QIHU $XRS $PLAY $PSA
$AHS $GGAL $PLAY ibd50 ...
- captron: $PLAY-May be time to cut this IBD stock loose and take profits if you have them. I'm out.Looks like its run is over.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $PLAY Dave & Busters Entertainment Inc. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=PLAY&clip=62725
- issues: @StockMarketMentor $PLAY Sign says, "video not found
- Bridget: @issues $PLAY try again, it just worked fine for me
- jltrader1: Earnings Next Week: Of the companies reporting earnings for the week of June 8 - 12 some of the bigger names include: Monday: Pre Market - $SHLD, $MTN, $BRLI, $DATE, $PRGN After Hours - $HRB, $UNFI, $PBY, $PLAY, $LAYN, $TPLM, $CBK, $FCEL, $KANG, $SB, $HQY Tuesday: Pre Market - $HDS, $BURL, $SAIC, $FGP, $HOV, $LULU, $ZQK, $CMN After Hours - $GEF, $MFRM, $OXM, $SIGM, $LMNR, $SURG, $APIC Wednesday: Pre Market - $FRAN After Hours - $MW, $DDC, $KKD, $BOX, $BV Thursday: After Hours - $BOJA, $XONE Have a great weekend
- SeaKingA: $PLAY @jdebuduo The chart for recent issue Dave & Buster's looks good, especially after today's gains on above average volume that produced an all-time high. In other words, there is plenty of buying interest here.
- DAN: @artchie you are probably not allowing the video sufficient time to completely download before playing it. Just do this: Open the link to the video. $DO NOT $PLAY IT! Take a break. Go to the kitchen and get a drink of water. Go to the bathroom and... Go read the paper for a couple of minutes. After about 5 minutes, then return to your computer. Play the video. By then, the video should be completely loaded and you'll be able to watch without a problem. If you have a slow internet connection (which I suspect is the problem), you cannot be playing the video while some of the video is still being uploaded. So let the uploading complete prior to playing. Hope that helps. @Dan
- will13202: $AMZN - Selling my $AMZN call position that I posted on the 22nd. July 180 calls for 9.00 selling today for 20.15. THATS A $GOOD WEEKS WORK, TIME TO $PLAY GOLF.
I am also trying to concentrate on stocks that showed up on the scan that are large cap, #dividend paying, "safe" and or staple play stocks as well, like $BUD, $GE, $JNJ, $WAG, $PG, FO. Also interesting that utes are showing up: $AEE, EAS. Both pa ...
|Stock Price||$USD 39.22|
Already a member? Sign in here.
- September 17th, 2019 - 2019 Q2 Earnings
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 63,200 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (63,200) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!