Old Forum Content for RHMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- shoredriver: @debeers $RH ...likely run into earnings 12/2 after.....
- debeers: $RH- same verse same as the first. The" this is what I can afford co. What can YOU afford?" No one needs to own an Aston Martin Quatropuerto. I mean, its not like they get a special lane on the freeway or anything. High end luxe is a matter of saying "this is what I can afford." It doesn't matter if the economy revisits a shallow decline. People who measure their worth in what they own rather than who and what they are and how they treat other people will always purchase things to validate themselves. Always. Its what they do. (in my opinion :) ).
- Herb: @debeers $RH F Scott Fitzgerald told us (Great Gatsby) that "the rich are different from us".
- debeers: @Herb $RH -that's why i called $TIF/$RH the ritchie stocks.
- debeers: @shoredriver $RH -Ask yourself this, @shoredriver-what man wants to come on Cramer and brag his acquisitive little heart out and then look like a moron and, looking down, sees he has shriveled up? None that i know.
- debeers: @shoredriver $RH -I had 12/10. R U sure?
- debeers: $RH-just announced that they'll be reporting 12/4 amc. Should run right into them in my opinion.
$RH -- Running into earnings on 12/2
$ALLK -- breaking out from a tight flag.
$SNBR - Alert $51.00
- gwenzee: @DAN $BOOT $SPY $DJI $DJT $MDY $IWM $COMPQX $GSX $FLT $INMD $PAYC $DAVA $PLMR $EDU $CPRT $RGEN $PRFT $APPS $VEEV $FND $INCY $SPLK $RH $ALLK $SNBR Correction: RH reports Dec. 4 AMC. You have it reporting on the 2nd which is what TC2000 has. They are wrong. Pays to double check.
- debeers: $BLDR-upgraded by DB to 29. $RH-Loop Capital says RH is fairly valued at 190. They know nothing in my opinion. I trust Berkshire vetting and our ability to unscramble a balance sheet more than Loop's. $TIF- i don't think that the books would be opened without the serious offer. LVMUY will be very successful in marketing the brand.
- scottrades: $RH Squeezing Higher.
- baronp0329: @debeers, $RH is still looking good! NP currently in Trading accounts but did some Day trades on Nov Calls for a good profits. Intermediate-Long hold in my Kids funds. Hope your still long.
- Herb: Sold small $RH from yesterday +4
- debeers: $RH-Gary Friedman was on Cramer last night. which i really appreciated and it was interesting that he modeled his stores after the LVMUY model. I would not be surprised to see the first European store in some upscale location in italy-Hopefully avoiding the flood areas Gary has a lot of pride and i think he would have begged off if his upcoming report on 12/10 wasn't going to be a good one.LONG
- Herb: $RH left 8 points on the table today. Ouch! Stupidly down yesterday on $HD earnings.
- Tango: @Herb $RH $HD I got stopped out. Did pickup a 1/4 of my original stake when it started going back up. Still, NO JOY
- Herb: @Tango $RH There is no joy in Mudville; Mighty Casey has struck out!
- debeers: $RH-introduces the new $RH ski house. Beautiful things for a ritchie rich winter getaway Like the alps, the prices are sky high. Would be lovely to have this stuff selling ahead of the December report. Long (before Warren).
- debeers: $HD vs. $RH---$HD-The why. After reviewing the report---Lumber prices took an amazing hit. So how will this affect $RH? It won't. NP in $HD till next Q. LONG $RH
- andy2102: Any thoughts on $RH ? Was up a few days ago today again down.
- debeers: @andy2102 $RH -Any one who equates $RH w. Home Depot misses the point. $RH has a built in audience for innovation and invidious distinction which is a fancy way of saying that their stuff appeals to showoffs who could care less about the price of anything. That is their audience. Not the same as they guy or gal who goes to Home Depot to buy furnace filters.Posted on $RH at 172. As long as it stays above 180 ish on close--fine with it.
- baronp0329: @debeers $RH Debeers, so if you shop and have bought stuff at $RH, then you're a "...showoff who could care less about price...". Wow, sounds like stereotyping.
- gwenzee: @debeers $RH IMO A little heavy on the sheepskin.
- Herb: Nibbled a tiny amount of Buffett's $RH. Option spreads awful. Tight leash.
- Tango: @champ $RH Thanks. Sure would enjoy some automated driving however.
- debeers: $CI/$BA/$RH-What's up today.$CI is the best run healthcare co in my opinion.
- Herb: $RH was up big Friday on Buffett news. How long does the Buffett Effect last?
- scottrades: @Herb $RH Ask $AAPL. :)
- Herb: @scottrades $RH $AAPL I get your drift!
- debeers: @Reif99 $RH -I am sure Mr. Buffet would be a better person to ask as he just purchased 1,200,000 shares.
- debeers: @Tango $RH -someone tell Warren B!
- Tango: $RH Talking heads at CNBC: https://apple.news/A4xQV5m9LQVi13ZpJLrV_zw
- champ: @Tango $RH --- It is all about #Research, for timing. --- It is sure nice, to always look back and Guy Adami, is always late, always, he is the weak hand in the group. Wouldn't it be nice to talk about stocks, just like Tim Seymour did, $HD $SHW, now these are also stocks to watch and $RH, is nice but all entries are late but watch for entries. ......It would sure be nice to have a lot off $$$$'s like Buffet, has to work with. However he doesn't have unlimited $$$'s to work with... but he has much better research to work with...and it only takes time but $$$'s can buy others time, to work off of. Research is all about past and present News, for stock-pickers. ......Watch #forum-members posts, for Free-Research. #Thanks, for the post, I like free research.
- Tango: @champ $RH Yep, @debeers introduced me to $RH in the Forum. I was trading some when Buffett announced. Bought more on Friday and am already ahead on the Friday purchase. I am watching to see if the talking heads can push it further. Yeah, I don’t know how those guys drive when they are always looking in the rear view mirror. Thank you
- champ: @Tango $RH --- Yes, timing, very nice but you are always on the right road. Yes, always keep your eye's on the road and always watch-out for the light signals.
- Tango: @debeers $RH I like this “team” where you mention a stock that I never heard of, I buy it and make money.
- debeers: @Tango $RH -Oh, please. What you did worked out but i'm not sure it qualifies as a process,LOL!
- debeers: $RH--I am so embarrassed guys and gals ------yikes! i completely forgot to mention that this stock has a 31% short interest. And the short volume is up so if i were you, make the s.o.b short sellers of this world pay up. Don't sell prematurely. Make them pay!!
- baronp0329: Buffett's Berkshire enters RH $RH. moving up AH.
- Tango: @baronp0329 $RH Thank you! Thank you! And, Uncle Buffett too!
- 86944T: @baronp0329 $RH I was just getting ready to dump it. Lucky can be good.
- baronp0329: @Tango $RH Long term hold in children's Funds from 2015. Berkshire 13F Filing Shows New 1.2Mln Share Stake In Restoration Hardware (RH) $RH
- debeers: @baronp0329 $RH $AMRN- i cannot recall the last time the FDA voted against the advisory committee can you? What a great day for us and the patients!
- baronp0329: @debeers $RH $AMRN @Herb, think @debeers AMRN question is for you
- baronp0329: @86944T $RH haha...always very good to be lucky!
- debeers: $RH reports on the 10th of December. The horrific fires in the state didn't affect Corte Madera their corporate home base.or any other Cali store. The Buffett stake seems like a reasonable bet and here's why: they now have 2 more sites going into the print that they didn't have last year: Minneapolis and New York City. No locations outside of the united States-check, The very rich can well afford the outlandish prices from the "stylists." the moving costs, the furniture.Check Nice to go into earnings with a Buffett's 6.8% cushion. LONG
- mopick: @debeers $RH, great stores if you haven't been in one! Napa has one that is definitely a must see, including a very stylish restaurant and setting. Love their furniture, albeit, a tad pricey.
- Tango: @debeers $RH Does it bother you that Buffett is copying your stock moves?
- debeers: @Tango $RH -You are too funny and kind----Any time Buffett wants to copy anyone in SMM-it's a very good thing. Stock up over 7.5% ah.
- baronp0329: @debeers $RH Really like their merchandise, great quality. Been to a few stores in Newport Beach-Fashion Island, Santa Monica-Promenade and La Jolla-University Town Center.
- debeers: OT-@baronp0329@Tango@mopick- Regarding $RH-i thought we acted as a TEAM and it was a great TEAM effort that panned out nicely.
- debeers: $RH-Reporting the 1st week of December, $RH has not missed once in 13 quarters. Let me repeat that: NOT ONE TIME. They don't care about anything outside the USA. They have a growth rate of 25% and a p/e of 26.81 which means, if you look at fundamentals, the stock is priced to book. (as in cheap!). i got some this morning for 172 and change and i believe that, if we can finish the impeachment froo farah before then and the estimates have already come down from where i expected them to be due to the Cali fires, i think this one will ramp. There is almost no built in dough for the Minneapolis or New York operation and the very low interest rates cannot hurt.Inst involvement is at 103% and short interest is at 31% which is a very nice set up.
- Reif99: @debeers $RH So, be good lawyer and take the other side of the argument. Why is there such short interest when the stock is up 40% in the last six months and the chart is very orderly? It's also not a tech or bio stock where there area lot of binary outcomes. Seems an odd stock for a lot of folks to be short.
- Ajax4Hire: $FFTY - IBD 50 Innovators ETF Top 15 Holdings: 4.01% $INMD - Inmode Ltd 3.75% $BOOT - Boot Barn Holdings Inc 3.57% $PCTY - Paylocity Holding Corp 3.48% $CPRT - Copart Inc 3.47% $RH - RH 3.46% $CDW - CDW Corp 3.43% $OLED - Universal Display Corp 3.43% $EDU - New Oriental Education & Technology Group Inc 3.42% $EW - Edwards Lifesciences Corp 3.36% $KL - Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd 3.10% $EPRT - Essential Properties Realty Trust Inc 3.03% $LULU - Lululemon Athletica Inc 3.03% $FTNT - Fortinet Inc 3.03% $PAYC - Paycom Software Inc 3.00% $ESNT - Essent Group Ltd ===== 50.6% of $FFTY holdings Looks very familiar. Have I found the DF-ETF? Courtesy of ETFDB.com https://ETFDB.com/etf/FFTY/#etf-holdings&sort_name=weight&sort_order=desc&page=1
- shoredriver: @Ajax4Hire $FFTY $INMD $BOOT $PCTY $CPRT $RH $CDW $OLED $EDU $EW $KL $EPRT $LULU $FTNT $PAYC $ESNT #etf-holdings >>.Fine ETF ..the only issues I have with it is that it only trades just north of 100,000 daily and option premium does not warrant selling for additional returns/income.....
- scottrades: No trigger yet, but $RH is just kind of basing along the 50day MA.
- Ern: @scottrades $RH Hi Scott, just curious, in the case of $RH what where is your trigger. $178.00 or $182.00 or $192.00 or other ?
- scottrades: @Ern $RH I like buying strength, so I'd look for a move above the 8EMA on volume. Right now it's acting as resistance. You could start a small position here with a stop just below the black line on the chart.
- Ern: @scottrades $RH thank you Scott
- Tango: $RH Small bounce off 50 dma Someone tell debeers!
- traderbren: $RH - on its way to visit the 50dma. NP
$RHP -- breakout from 6 month base. Earnings Tuesday.Alert $87.95
$PHR -- IPO stock. Breakout on Thursday. Watch for support at $29.
$BOOT -- gap and crap yesterday on big volume. Big washout, with a rebound today. So uptrend is intact. Can&rsq ...
- debeers: $TMHC/$RH- The report this am showed a Nice beat on the street for signed contracts. LONG. So much will have to be rebuilt and replaced. Not the way you want your stocks to go up but over 65,000 homes have been lost and some are high end. Yesterday massive fires in Brentwood hit some very expensive property including some BB stars. So sad; it used to be a gorgeous area of the state. Elsewhere, especially hard hit were the winery properties in Healdsberg, Napa and Sonoma counties. Yesterday, not sure if there was going to be an evacuation order or not, parked the car outside. In the afternoon i brought itback to the garage covered with leaves and soot from the wind kicking up Today should be easier and Wednesday they say it will start all over again.
- PhooeyQuai: @debeers $TMHC $RH The whole situation is tragic. Prayers for all.
- CdrJake: @debeers $TMHC $RH Your number of homes destroyed seems way high, that number is more like the number of acres burned. IN Kincaide fire, around 53 homes were lost as of Oct 28th per CalFire, although 90,000 are threatened. Ref: https://www.sfchronicle.com/california-wildfires/article/Live-updates-Kincaid-Fire-barrels-toward-Santa-14567218.php
- Kid2old: @debeers $TMHC $RH https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/2019/ . 441 Structures Structures Damaged or Destroyed, 241,742 Acres Estimated Acres Burned, 5,657 Incidents Number of Incidents, 1 Fatality Confirmed Loss of Life. This is California only. U.S. Forest Service - https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/
- debeers: @CdrJake $TMHC $RH -NO. You check your facts, sir. i was totaling the number of homes lost between the 2 fires as put out by $PCG this am at 2:31 am pacific.
- gwenzee: @debeers $TMHC $RH 65,000 homes lost??? You might want to restate this. The blaze destroyed 123 structures, Cox said, 57 of which are residential homes. Twenty others were damaged, and 90,000 remain at risk. The Kincade Fire grew to more than 66,000 acres and was only 5% contained, Cal Fire said Monday morning. Two firefighters were injured fighting the blaze, Jonathan Cox of Cal Fire said during a press conference Sunday. One suffered minor burn injuries, but another suffered significant burn injuries and had to be airlifted to the UC Davis Medical Center. The fire has destroyed 96 structures and damaged 16 structures, and officials say nearly 80,000 structures are threatened. As of 6:00 p.m. local time, the Getty Fire had burned over 600 acres, and was 5% contained, according to the Los Angeles Fire Department. Several neighborhoods were under evacuation orders, and at least eight homes were destroyed, according to Mayor Eric Garcetti.
- Herb: @debeers $TIF $RH Nice buy! Girls just wanna have fun!
- debeers: @Herb $TIF $RH -yup
- traderbren: $RH - could see a potential move to the 20dma if it takes out $183.48.
- debeers: $TIF@justinp-At 9:47 am Friday posted that i bought $TIF because the luxe market in China was thriving. The women weren't traveling i said but that didn't stop them from wanting high end jewelry which $TIF said it was sending to them. That, in my mi ...
- Herb: @debeers $TIF $RH Where are you?
- debeers: $RH-In about 6 weeks we get to see if the 2 newest sites-- Minneapolis and New York City are paying off.I think-the Richie Rich trade still working and although Friedman is a big spender which worries me not a little, he seems to make it work.
- JonathanTrades: Hey everyone! My watchlist for potential breakouts Monday Oct. 21 $CMG 858 or break of downtrend line $CPRT 83.80 $UEIC 53.20 $JBL (high tight flag) 36.78 $CHTR (PB) $KTOS 21.90 cheat area $CRUS 56.75 cheat area $LULU (PB) $APPL (PB) $RH (PB) $LSCC 19.99 (aggressive) or 20.75/21.68 $PODD 158.51 (aggressive entry) $SEDG could be early if you want to swing $CTAS 271.88 $ZTS $130.30 $BOOT 37.72 $DOCU (PB) $SAFE 35.22 $EW 230.29
- JonathanTrades: $RH In at 167 will add if it can break 185.37
- debeers: $AAPL/$BOOT/$INMD/$JPM/$LAD/$LRCX/$RH/ - $LRCX-doesn't need any 1 chip and Taiwan Semi on its own makes LAM's #'s. In like a lion out like a $LRCX. Took the $$ and ran on $TMHC and will be back in on earnings provided i can get it for a decent pullback.
- debeers: $RH- a bit off the all time high which happened today. If the wealthy cocoon, this is how they'll do it. The next 2 Q's where folks entertain a lot in their homes will be key for them and they "should" OP again. After the holidays, my plan is to trim back the Q's following.
- debeers: $RH-Minneapolis numbers will be very nice and in my opinion, there's a 200 magnet tag on it which housing reinforces.
- stairm01: @Ringo $DAN $VEEV $VEEV $SAM $MELI $ODFL $XPO $IYT $CX $BA $SPLK $ABMD $ALGN $SDC $ALGN $SDC $ALGN $SDC $CC $UAL $EHTH $HIIQ $MRCC $MRCC $ABBE $STNE $SPX $NDX $MTUM $FFTY $XHB $LGIH $HOV $MDC $TMHC $PLMR $IBP $GLOB $BOOT $LULU $EDU $ESNT $VEEV $IPB $ ...
- debeers: $GS-the squid misses.NP Goldman Sachs (GS) missed slightly on top and bottom lines: $8.32 billion vs $8.33 billion consensus FICC $1.41 billion consensus $1.35 billion Investment banking $1.69 billion consensus $1.80 billion Trading $3.25 billion beat street Earnings $4.79 street $4.89 $JPM 's results were better. If you had to have a position in one, of the 2 this is better but why do you have to have a position in either??? Why do i say this? I hope i am not making Mr. Forexpro angry since i respect him so much but, a look at the lately charts tells you 1 thing for sure: all domestic is doing better than international. The builders, the vanity plays, etc. Why will $RH outperform? Because so far the CEO is resisting China, Europe etc and is all domestic, Like they say in the Wizzard of Oz, "there's no place like home."
- debeers: @Forexpro $GS $RH $BAC $C $WFC $JPM $SPY -$BAC is domestic. Thanks for your good wishes.and backatcha for that. I see no need to slam $JPM for wework. I also don't believe, as DAN does, that the folks at $JPM are scumbags.The market vote is always the final one and the market told $JPM what it thought of it.
Forexpro: @debeers $GS $RH
LOL, Lady DeBeers,
Nope, I'm not advocating positions in banks, although if someone with a diversified portfolio feels the need for one, there are arguments to be made for $BAC (exceptional pool of free or near-free deposits, broa ...
- debeers: @Forexpro $GS $RH $BAC $C $WFC $JPM $SPY -Not only your brilliance but also your kindness never fails to amaze. My key takeaway from your script remains that the instis, overweight though they may be are shedding when they can. Frankly, and i know i'm out on a limb when i say this but the minute there is a Brexit, i'll buy the Royal Bank of Scotland...............
- debeers: $RH-believe DAN mentioned in the tutorial he reads IBD. Page A7 of this weekend's issue has an article a little more than half a page long on why the stock is working..If you own the stock its a must read. On its report card this one gets all A's. Always liked kids that studied and did their homework.LONG
- debeers: Have a lovely weekend-as far as all my retail stocks-well you cannot buy them here- but i know nothing:$AAPL(o you think its tech--news to you--its also a fashion statement), $BOOT-You have no idea how much i want the negative nellies to hate this one. Hope you hate it even more when its 46. $BBBY sold when up 30%, $LAD,- look i wish the balance sheet was better but lotsa revenue. Please don't buy this one because, as i said, i'm an idiot $RH- well if you didn't buy it 45 points ago-you certainly cannot buy it here because no one liked my original entry either and entries are everything................. $MSFT-will add when it goes above 142--but again i'm an idiot-- . $FAST-wait and then pounce.Very very nice report this am. $LABU-day to day
- debeers: $BA-You have 1 more poke when BA goes before Congress and Halloween will let Maxine out of her coven for the event. Meanwhile, back in the real world the FAA announced that it was hiring in preparation for the re=certification. Elsewhere $FAST had the best day its had since 1987--Outstanding. It is my belief that Europe if it ever gets its shit together will outperform. Materials will look up as well $RH-Gee, you can't buy it here especially if there are no more tariffs.LOL Industrials moving. $AAPL new high............ Q. Have you been looking at the Israeli tushie stock that tries to make every girl's butt look like J'Lo's. You haven't? Where have you been---??
$RH -- Can you see why I didn’t like this squeeze/breakout?
$EW -- Same question; different stock.
$PPC -- Holding at $30.
$AAPL -- Breaking out. As noted the other day, this is a holding stock. Not really letting you in if you’re look ...
- DAN: $RH $EW -- holding up pretty well. Once again, EW gapped down and rebounded. So it's being bought on any weakness. Still hasn't punched through, but it is acting well. RH continues to drift higher, out of a high squeeze.
- M5rkp: @DAN $RH $EW Dan is entry for EW still 225 or should we wait till it breaks 230 ?
- DAN: @M5rkp $RH $EW You could start one now, with a 4% stop.
- bRobert: @DAN $RH $EW EW is where human engines go for valve jobs. A minimally invasive blessing for patients Long term hold.
$RH in a high Squeeze
$ARMK Building a base. Support at 42.50
$PAYS Watch above 10.31
$EW Solid Price Action. last breakout didn’t continue (which is expected, since breakouts aren’t working). But it was a sign that the stock is not bei ...
- debeers: $RH-we have a blackout in Northern Cali Wednesday except for the SF BAY---but who the heck would buy the breakout of RH and not buy at the proper buy point of 40 points less??? If the stock closes at 170 or less, you could always get back in at a later time. Really low risk trade and, in the meantime how about a visit to the inverse indices that did well in a shitty market on Tuesday if that is what the market is telling you to do??.
- CraigReynolds: @debeers $BLD $TER $AMT $TMHC $PLMR $AAPL $MSFT $BA $BOOT $RH Love your passions. In five investment positions from your list. You are sure a very passionate gal from an old man.
- debeers: $BLD/$TER/$AMT/$TMHC/-Longs all. Homebuilders are working, building is working, $AMT is stellar, $PLMR doing what it should do.Pick a dry shipper if you don't like mine. How else are you going to get all those soybeans over to China? The stalwarts will still lead us out of purgatory-$AAPL, $MSFT/$BA--the plain truth is that they'll fly planes again after the snot is wrung out of them which, lets face it--in the 320's and 330's it already was. $BOOT/$RH sill holding this one. The high end will still thrive even if it is the short sellers still buying $RH furniture which has nothing but USA locations.
- CraigReynolds: @debeers $BLD $TER $AMT $TMHC $PLMR $AAPL $MSFT $BA $BOOT $RH You may also want to look at $OC (@champ posted). In the housing sector (roofing), earnings 10/23 and they probably (hope) earnings run. Believe the last 3 earnings had a run into the dates.
- CraigReynolds: @champ $MAS $SUM $BLDR Yes, best at what they do. Thanks, forgot about it. Like my basketball team, can only play so many at a time. Amazing cabinet/window maker and they do compete with cheap China makers in quality for sure. That word is out ...
- champ: @CraigReynolds $MAS $SUM $BLDR $RH --- $MAS and Yes and they also have Milgard Windows and Doors.
$RH -- breakouts aren’t working.
$EW -- breakouts aren’t working.
$MTCH -- Clean breakout in August. And, um,...breakouts aren’t working.
$PLAN -- composite operator sucked the bulls in at $60.
$AUDC -- When a pattern becomes extr ...
|Stock Price||$USD 236.45|
Restoration Hardware Holdings, Inc operates as a luxury brands in the home furnishings marketplace offering furniture, lighting, textiles, bathware, decor, outdoor and garden, as well as baby & child products.Request Video of RH
Already a member? Sign in here.
- March 26th, 2020 - 2019 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 174.47 71.30%
- $USD 110.09 28.17%
- $USD 10.45 24.12%
- $USD 32.54 -29.92%
- $USD 80.14 -28.83%
- $USD 12.45 -25.52%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 68,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (68,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!