Roku Inc. (NASDAQ:ROKU)
Old Forum Content for ROKUMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Auto: $ROKU added watch $166.15 to add again
- scottrades: $ROKU breaking out.
- alfred1939: @scottrades $ROKU Hi Scott, I missed the add at $160. Where or when would you add to $ROKU? Thank You
- scottrades: @alfred1939 $ROKU It's got some really good hourly volume. I'd wait for it to come back to VWAP intraday.
- Herb: $ROKU moving. np (unfortunately).
- Auto: $ROKU break daily added long
- alfred1939: $ROKU Got a upgrade today. I would keep a eye on it. Needs to close up sharply on volume which it's failed to do.
- jonwest88: $NFLX and $ROKU I can't believe $ROKU"s rise is just based on Citigroup analyst initiating a buy pre market. His target was only $160 for 2021. According to Benzinga, 4 other brokers have had targets of 185 - 195 since 8/4 - 8/12. And $NFLX runs 10 plus %. Crazy, but, ya know, I'll take it !! :-) LT holders of both.
- Sher: $NET - Continues to rebound, nicely, off the 50-day - Have been steadily adding to Sept. $45 call position... $STM - Headed for R3 on intraday charts - Posted earlier on Aug. $30 calls, which are now up 122%. New positions, this morning: $QCOM - BTO Sept. $110 calls @ $5.50/share; $ROKU - BTO Aug. $150 calls @ $6.00/share - Like the technicals on both...
- CraigReynolds: @Sher $ROKU Today first thing out of gate, someone traded 10K Aug. 14 (2 days) 152.5 Calls and 15K Aug 14 (2 days) also 155 Calls.
- jonwest88: $ROKU reduced my position today by 1/3 this morning on the rebound, took profits on partials, anda minimal loss on latest add.
- Auto: $ROKU holding after E started position
- bRobert: @Auto $ROKU $215+ high base target np
- jonwest88: $ROKU regaining some altitude. Closed yesterday on the 20 mid BB. Bounced today up off the 20 dma mid BB. Added some more yesterday ~155
- indigo1948: @jonwest88 $ROKU - entered yesterday - best performer for me today and will add on any pullback.
- bRobert: Would not be surprised to see a reversal i develop in $ROKU. $W worked out well yesterday.
DAN: Good morning. Just thought I'd chime in about a few stocks I've covered recently.
$AVAV -- Really great move yesterday on about triple average volume. The stock is pulling back about 2% this morning in pre-market trading. Might want to watch how ...
- JJT1: @bRobert $ROKU $NFLX Hey thanks for all these posts, they are appreciated, but you know you're working overtime?
- bRobert: $ROKU high base C&H bent but not broken 20d bounce $220 target with a breakout $NFLX small reversal Flag $540 target 1 with flag trigger WEEKLY breakout /retest $650 measured move with phase 3 $CAR Very good entry RHRN on double floor support $50 high base target
- bRobert: @JJT1 $ROKU $NFLX I'm working an overnight shift at the salt mine No action That could change any minute No power for the last few days at home Using an Iphone for trading/charting /posting has its draw backs Releasing a little steam I may be limited to smoke signals, Morse code tomorrow Dan gives me a discount based on post count . I believe he owes me some money this month ;)
- JJT1: @bRobert $ROKU $NFLX I try to read most your posts and others... Recently on your info (and mine) made money on $PII and $SWKS thx
- chs_ashley: @bRobert $ROKU $NFLX $CAR I am sorry to hear you have been without power! I assume it might be related to the recent hurricane? I'm down in the Southeast and certainly know how fun it can be to have no power (or AC!). Might need to invest in some $GNRC. LOL. Your thoughtful posts are most appreciated and I have made some very nice $$ on some of the stocks you have mentioned - $SWKS, $ILMN (sold a call pre-earnings for over 100% gain), $MLM, etc.. Thank you!
- bRobert: @JJT1 $ROKU $NFLX $PII $SWKS good to hear Both $PII $140/$160 and $SWKS $165/$200 have nice upside targets Stay involved as the trades continue to unfold
- JJT1: @bRobert $ROKU $NFLX $PII $SWKS thx
- bRobert: @chs_ashley $ROKU $NFLX $CAR $GNRC $SWKS $ILMN $MLM Glad to hear you made some good coin on those trades I'm generally fine with the return to the stone age Very romantic candlelight dinners But I'm afraid my lovely wife is losing her sense of humor . Perhaps it's here acute sense of smell We have no damage and this will pass soon I can't imagine living under a regular threat of nature's fury the worst storm outage in Connecticut's history is still a walk in the park compared to what happens in many other states on a regular basis The whole house generator is on the to do list . It has moved to the top of my list so I can get off another not so nice one
- bRobert: @chs_ashley $ROKU $NFLX $CAR $GNRC $SWKS $ILMN $MLM $MLM should prove to be a huge winner Close to 100% upside longer term Great entry again RHRN with a bounce
- scottrades: Some more #Earnings after the close today: $ROKU $FSLY $ETSY $ZNGA $WDC $INSG $MVIS $APPS $ET $SOMO $CVNA $FISV $MRO $GDDY $BLDP $ACAD $FIT $CWH $ADT $SPWR $BTG $HUBS $JACK $DDD $ADMA $IIPR $MET $SRPT $FNV $CTL $AWK $ELF $ENDP $PAAS $ZIXI $VSLR $PSA $RGLD $RMD $PVG
- traderbren: $ROKU - falling back; not holding up. I took my calls off this morning with earnings after the close. Any holders may wish to tighten up their stop(s) if you haven't banked it yet.
- Herb: $ROKU traded as high as 178.77. Now 21 points lower. Shoot now, ask questions later.
- gwenzee: @Herb $ROKU That is quite the inverted hammer!!!
- Herb: @gwenzee $ROKU Maybe we should coin it "the syringe". . . . .
- bRobert: $ROKU $220 High base c&h target $175 pit stop Add on pb/bounces Reports tomorrow $NFLX small W triggers > 20d $540 target 1 which is the same as the WEEKLY inv H&S target in motion Head $250 Neckline $395 395 + ( 395 - 250) = $540 measured move target Stream of consciousness trades with high upside for binge investors
- traderbren: $ROKU -- is going to get a bump at the open.
- ikkyu000: @scottrades $CLX $BYND $SQ $MRNA $ROKU $FSLY $TSN $ATVI $CHGG $CVS $W $DIS $MELI $GPN $SPCE $TWLO $CMS $LVGO $MCK $AMRN $ETSY $PLUG $NET $BMY $RACE $TTWO $MPC $MPLX $ZNGA $DBX $DDOG $UBER $WIX $KOS $TTD $ENPH $CRON $BP $TEVA $PENN $FVRR $RNG #Earnings Thanks so much for the list. If you could post a list every week during earnings season, that would be great. I plug the symbols into a watchlist to watch for intraday snap-back reversals (my favorite kind of trade).
- Yuls: $ROKU finally
- jonwest88: $ROKU doing well, movin on up to the nor' east side. ( Flag trigger last Friday?)
- Rjeletrik: @jonwest88 $ROKU $ENPH Are you holding over earnings?
- jonwest88: @Rjeletrik $ROKU $ENPH Sure. They represent small positions in my portfolios. I held much larger positions in $AMZN, $FB, $GOOGL, and $APPL over earnings. My largest position @ 25% is Cash. The next one at 7%, a ten bagger is $MELI, and about 2 years ago I decreased that position by 33% or more. And that was when $MELI had gone from 104 to ~ 400. I still have share from 2014 from $104, and I would have more just holding them. Over the years concentration in strong companies wins the day. This forum and SMM have taught me how to be a better buyer, holder and trader.
- jonwest88: @Rjeletrik $ROKU $ENPH How about $FSLY ? When are there earnings. I was real smart buying at 19 and selling 33% @ $45. Good thing I held that one over earnings but not good enough that I did not buy those share back even in the 50's 60's, 70's or 80's. HAH :-)
- jonwest88: @Rjeletrik $ROKU $ENPH Well Well lookie here at $SEDG, another of the inverter gang. $SEDG is up big tonight. Portend for $ENPH? We will see. Still holding, and have been adding on pullbacks since April. Sometimes I imagine we are in nose bleed territory, but then again I just follow the flow. All of these companies are making sales and collecting money from customers, so we are in an own them environment and the hell with renting ( bonds, bills, etc etc).
- bRobert: @jonwest88 $ROKU $ENPH $AMZN $FB $GOOGL $APPL $MELI Amen. I like holding great employees long term. The stock works for me instead of the other way around Less is more
- scottrades: Some #Earnings to be aware of next week. $CLX $BYND $SQ $MRNA $ROKU $FSLY $TSN $ATVI $CHGG $CVS $W $DIS $MELI $GPN $SPCE $TWLO $CMS $LVGO $MCK $AMRN $ETSY $PLUG $NET $BMY $RACE $TTWO $MPC $MPLX $ZNGA $DBX $DDOG $UBER $WIX $KOS $TTD $ENPH $CRON $BP $TEVA $PENN $FVRR $RNG
- Auto: $ROKU break daily added
- jonwest88: $ROKU is this hinting at a pop above the flag pattern? Additionally, the 50 has golden crossed up above the 200 just a few days ago.
- jonwest88: $ROKU adding a few more RHRN ~$153
- bRobert: $ROKu $170 target Holding up $BC bouncing $URI Earnings beat Looking to add to long term hold when ready $190/$250 targets
- Auto: $ROKU added long
- greatlifenate: Question: I remember Dan saying in a video, in order to outpace the S&P you don't want to be "diversified" but rather, focus on one or a smaller number of stocks. That being said, I have a small portfolio of five stocks $CZR, $LULU, $PY ...
- Kharrison67: @greatlifenate $CZR $LULU $PYPL $RCL $ROKU look back at your trading plan and determine the % of gain you need to get out. Some have plans, at 10% take off a portion, some more agressive. It is ultimately your call, look at the charts of each and determine if you should take profits. In my opinion. Take some a partial profit on them and let the rest ride. Again, refer to the pigs and hogs story.
- Bsielingtx: @greatlifenate $CZR $LULU $PYPL $RCL $ROKU I think you are OK with up to 5 stocks with a portfolio your size. as @Kharrison67 said, each stock has its own chart and have a plan when you are going to get out for both losses and gains.
- Kharrison67: @greatlifenate $CZR $LULU $PYPL $RCL $ROKU My chart on TOS is completely different than the one that appears when you hover over $CZR, did it have a huge breakout last week? If my TOS chart is correct, it looks like it broke out but is steady coming back down. Is that correct?
- CdrJake: @greatlifenate $CZR $LULU $PYPL $RCL $ROKU It is NEVER a good or even a fair, idea, to put all your chips on one bet... You just might pick the one company that is doing really well that turns out to be an ENRON, or fall into a black hole. What if ...
- gwenzee: @greatlifenate $CZR $LULU $PYPL $RCL $ROKU You didn't ask for my opinion but I found your Post fascinating. We usually don't divulge $$ amt. of gains or losses (use %) and we usually don't tell what our total portfolio is worth (just saying). Why did I find your stock selection interesting? Because of Covid-19 the leisure industry is not where you want to be...hence, get rid of CZR and RCL. If, as you say, you are positive in these two all the more reason to dump them. IMO Regarding your other 3 stocks - LULU @ $331, PYPL @ $178 and ROKU @ $156. My question is how do you justify having such expensive (dollar wise) stocks? You might be better served by choosing stocks that are much lower pricewise. You definitely don't want to put all of your eggs into 1 basket. Remember, this is only my opinion.
- joelsg1: @gwenzee $CZR $LULU $PYPL $RCL $ROKU With fractional ownership, and assuming similar % moves, it really doesn’t matter anymore the price of a stock, high or low, except possibly with options.
- champ: @DBones808 $PFE #Corona #profiteering, on $PFE, they are the #worlds-largest Pharmaceutical company, with 92,000 employees, #2.. is $ROKU, #3.. is $JNJ, all companies are hoping to make profits off of a New Vaccine, thats No-Secret at all. YTD this stock is down 3.88%, and it has only bounced 17%, in the last 30 days and insiders always take some profits off. .....$NVAX, is up 3,265%, YTD. .....$MRNA, is up 275%, YTD. .....For me, I'm just saying, I don't know or really care what someone at The New York Times, posted but thats just me. Both...Investors and traders, they do read the WSJ. .....However I have been trading many stocks in this #new Virus-Sector and I'm doing outstanding, I'm Profiteering, for sure. #Good-Luck....
- bRobert: $NFLX. bounce off lower channel Close to 50d. Trade set up $ROKU. C&H. $220. target with trigger above flag $160+
- tnt: @bRobert $NFLX $ROKU Like $NFLX here. Bought calls today
- traderbren: $ROKU - primed to move higher from here.
- jonwest88: $ROKU completed phase 2 and back on the upward path?
- Auto: $ROKU $SPCE $CIEN $CODX working added
- tbsy: Just saying hi, been all week in tax return/vehicle registration/insurance renewal/doctors/health insurance confusion/paperwork hell. Tried peeking at forum, but never got far. Btw, anyone looking at $ROKU? down only in sympathy with $NFLX, but could run into earnings in a couple of weeks.
- jonwest88: $ROKU Keep on RO - Kooo-ing me baby, Keep on RO - Kooo-ing me baby,
- jonwest88: $ROKU lower volume than the past 2 upside days; did not breach yesterday's low. Added more @149.5
- jonwest88: @Robert1965 $Roku Still holding, $ROKU finally cleared it's 2/14 St Valentine's day high and massacre. That was an earnings day. Within a few days $SPY begins its crash descent. May7 $ROKU peaks @ $138.79. After the close earnings released. Co. comm ...
- bRobert: $ROKU. measured move target acquired Inv. H&S high base Consider partials. and tighter stops
- 1winkie: $ROKU - working - $150 here we come
- jonwest88: @1winkie $ROKU well, it's 10 am and ROKU hasn't begun it's fake out breakout down trend that's been happening around 950 the past few days. We'll see ;-) ---- still long and added the past few days
- tbsy: @1winkie $ROKU Ah, I was getting pretty worried about my 145 strike calls...grin
- Robert1965: $Roku anyone taking profits in small at 132.75
- jonwest88: $roku nice recovery from yesterday’s “buy the fake out break out”
- jonwest88: $ROKU frustrating fake outs, watching a close below $130.42, and a stop on break below $128.5
- jonwest88: $ROKU breaks above $134.91 cup and handle, adding
- RedLeaf1: @jonwest88 $ROKU Thanks for the heads up.
- mopick: @jonwest88 $ROKU, joined you as well. Inverted H & S, this stock is actually down this year.
- jonwest88: @mopick $ROKU looking for a rise above $138.79 from 5/4 /20 using the weekly chart to confirm an add’l add. $ROKU is starting to break its intermediate to long term trend line looking back to 11/19 and 9/19.
- bRobert: $NFLX breakout /retest / bounce. today $540. C&H. target $ROKU. $170 high base target 1
- traderdl: $ROKU moving
- traderdl: $ROKU hod
- traderbren: $ROKU - nice pop! Out of my Jul 2nd Calls which I entered yesterday.
- bRobert: $ROKU. High base. Handle construction in motion. $170. potential. target
- shoredriver: $ROKU...struggling....np...
- scottrades: $ROKU has some early volume.
- tbsy: $ROKU is on the move so far up 4%
- Joe757: $ROKU Took partial up 21% will reload on a pull back. Learning from bRobert
- AdrenalineTrade: $BIOC and $VISL both starting to feel like runners if we can get to a dollar. $ROKU nice 15 min chart today, bulls defending
- AdrenalineTrade: $ROKU watch yesterday's HOD for break. Volume yesterday was fairly convincing for the bears, so need some juice today to counter that tail.
- Bwhitty: $ROKU better volume today hopefully can break 200 Day.
- bwcarnation1: @Bwhitty $ROKU it did for a few seconds....should get there soon
- traderbren: $ROKU - clearing the 200 dma overhead...and volume / bids continue on the intraday.
- MtChet: $ROKU - Broke above the 200-day. Started a position.
- traderdl: $ROKU hod - 135C buyers next week
- bRobert: @traderdl $ROKU $130 target 1 close Trailer
- traderdl: $ROKU - more call buyers - 145c and 150c next week
- scottto_2: @traderdl $ROKU - Is it true that insiders can trade options without as much scrutiny as buying or selling their stock?
- traderdl: @scottto_2 $ROKU - not sure - I'll defer to Scott or Dan
- scottto_2: @traderdl $ROKU - Thanks. It's probably not true, just something I read or heard somewhere but it would make sense if $ROKU has a deal coming an insiders are snapping up some options to make extra bank.
- bRobert: $ROKU. Throwback. $115. neckline. of reversal. $130. target ADD
- scottto_2: @bRobert $ROKU - Huge volume in out of the money options June and July. No idea what it means though.
- bRobert: @scottto_2 $ROKU I just trade the technicals.
- shoredriver: @scottto_2 $ROKU ...bla bla about buy out ($GOOG)...who knows......have some calls
|Stock Price||$USD 275.34|
Roku Inc operates TV streaming platform in the United States. Its TV streaming platform allows users to discover and access a variety of movies and TV episodes, as well as live sports, music, news and more.Request Video of ROKU
Already a member? Sign in here.
- February 11th, 2021 - 2020 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 8.34 51.56%
- $USD 6.24 49.07%
- $USD 6.10 45.25%
- $USD 6.23 -11.22%
- $USD 30.40 -6.68%
- $USD 282.61 -6.53%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 75,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (75,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!