Redwood Trust Inc. (NYSE:RWT)
Old Forum Content for RWTMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- scottrades: $RWT Pushing off the major moving averages. 7% divy.
- jan2138: @scottrades $RWT 7.22 yield rhrn. Dividend record is quite good. Interesting history. There was a time, i.e. back in '04, '05 and '06 when they were paying specials $4.75, $5.50, $3.00. Nothing like that now-just steadily increasing over the years.
- KeepTheDough: @DAN $SPX $NOT $DJI $MDY $IWM $NDX $SMH $IGV $XLU $GLD $TNX $SHOP $ZS $WING $OLED $STNE $TWTR $MTZ $TEAM $PINS $LK $SBUX $HEI $FIVN $GLOB $TTD $VEEV $PAYS $COUP $TRHC $INSP $CIM $SBRA $RWT $NLY $OSTK $CVNA $COLD $CYRX Dan, I really like the watch list for GSL, it is an improvement to GSL. I couldn't buy some of GSL in Feb due to not having in my watchlist & closer to earning report. This is really helpful. You rock.
- DAN: @KeepTheDough $SPX $NOT $DJI $MDY $IWM $NDX $SMH $IGV $XLU $GLD $TNX $SHOP $ZS $WING $OLED $STNE $TWTR $MTZ $TEAM $PINS $LK $SBUX $HEI $FIVN $GLOB $TTD $VEEV $PAYS $COUP $TRHC $INSP $CIM $SBRA $RWT $NLY $OSTK $CVNA $COLD $CYRX Thanks buddy. I appreciate the feedback. But remember...just because they're on the list doesn't mean they're buyable right now. They are to be watched. Some may never let you in. Some may crap out at any time. But they have a lot of the characteristics that are present in strong performing stocks. We just need to be vigilant and let the market tell us which ones are the ones to own, and then just wait for our entry. Hope this makes sense. Dan
- KeepTheDough: @DAN $SPX $NOT $DJI $MDY $IWM $NDX $SMH $IGV $XLU $GLD $TNX $SHOP $ZS $WING $OLED $STNE $TWTR $MTZ $TEAM $PINS $LK $SBUX $HEI $FIVN $GLOB $TTD $VEEV $PAYS $COUP $TRHC $INSP $CIM $SBRA $RWT $NLY $OSTK $CVNA $COLD $CYRX Dan, Yes, I'm watching them. Thank you.
- jknyborg: @DAN $SPX $NOT $DJI $MDY $IWM $NDX $SMH $IGV $XLU $GLD $TNX $SHOP $ZS $WING $OLED $STNE $TWTR $MTZ $TEAM $PINS $LK $SBUX $HEI $FIVN $GLOB $TTD $VEEV $PAYS $COUP $TRHC $INSP $CIM $SBRA $RWT $NLY $OSTK $CVNA $COLD $CYRX Like the video 2 (for some reason it is called Sector Spotlight?) Going through potential buy opportunities in the future I like. Getting help building a watchlist will help a lot. Scotts video emphasising MarketSmith - I do not know how many members have an account large enough to buy the subscription - and to know what to do with marketsmith? Very useful hinting of stocks to watch and have money ready for pullbacks making thight SL. I want to trade less and more clever:) THX
- Amykris: @DAN $SPX $NOT $DJI $MDY $IWM $NDX $SMH $IGV $XLU $GLD $TNX $SHOP $ZS $WING $OLED $STNE $TWTR $MTZ $TEAM $PINS $LK $SBUX $HEI $FIVN $GLOB $TTD $VEEV $PAYS $COUP $TRHC $INSP $CIM $SBRA $RWT $NLY $OSTK $CVNA $COLD $CYRX Dan great weekend update. Very beneficial and I love the new watch list for growth stocks so I can get better positions when the entry is correct. Thank you!
- issues: From IBD: If you have been paying attention in recent days, you know that some of the best dividend stocks these days hail from the real estate sector. In an IBD screen of top real estate investment trusts, a technical breakout for Chimera Investment ($CIM) is working well. Sabra Health Care ($SBRA) and Redwood Trust ($RWT) have also been moving higher in heavy volume. Some of the best dividend stocks often emerge as safe-haven trades when the stock market is in a correction. Mortgage REITs like Chimera and Apollo invest in mortgage loans and other real-estate related debt investments. They have annualized dividend yields of 10.1% and 9.7%, respectively.
$CVNA -- high short interest. Momentum trade.
$COLD -- entry was on last tag of 50-day MA
$CYRX -- huge short interest. 13.8 DTC. Moving cold life sciences stuff around.
- Tim S: Notable earnings after Monday's close $ANV, $AREX, $BBRG, $CHMT, $FOE, $FTR, $GLF, $LYV, OILT, $OKE, $OKS, $PPO, $RP, $RWT, $SCTY, $SF, $SGY, $SINA, $THC, $TPC, $TXRH, $VNO, $VOLC, $VVUS, $WMGI, $XPO, ZU
- Tim S: Notable earnings after Thursday's close $ADNC, $AHS, $AIG, $AIV, $AMRS, $ANH, $AVD, $BBG, $BODY, $CALD, $CPSI, $CPT, $DCT, $DRC, $ELLI, $FLR, $FRT, $FSLR, $GDOT, $HME, $HTCH, $KOG, $LRE, $MDU, $MHK, $MRC, $MTZ, $NATI, $NEM, $NU, $OHI, $ONNN, $PDM, $PSA, $RSG, $RWT, $SEM, $SPF, $SSNC, $SWN, $TLAB, $TRMB, WRI
- Tim S: Notable earnings after Wednesday's close $AGU, $ARRS, $ARRY, $ASIA, $AWK, $BIOL, $BIOS, $BKD, $BPZ, $BWC, $CECO, $CLR, $CODI, $CTL, $CXO, $CXW, $DEPO, $DK, $DMD, $DRYS, $DVR, $DXCM, $EDMC, $EGLE, $ENS, $ETE, $ETP, $EXP, $FIO, $FTEK, $FTK, $FTR, $GMCR, $GNMK, $GRPN, $GTY, $HALO, $HNSN, $IO, $JACK, $JCOM, $LLNW, $MBI, $MDLZ, $MKL, $MNTX, $MRIN, $MWE, $NGVC, $NRP, $NVTL, OILT, $OSUR, $PKT, $PODD, $POWR, $PPO, $PRU, $PRXL, $PVA, $RBCN, RGP, $RIG, $RLD, $RST, $RWT, $SCTY, $SGI, $SN, $SSRI, $STEC, $SXL, $SZYM, $TCAP, $TNGO, $TSLA, $TTEK, $TWTC, $UHAL, $WGL, $WR, WTI
- Aiko: Short People The @Randy Newman Trade - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NvgLkuEtkA Recent additions to the Zack's Strong Sell List (Zack's #5) $ARAY $AUO $CVC $DDE $EVBS $FGP $FSYS $GAIA GLGL $GEF $GES $ICGE $INFN ISTA $KFY $MXL $MED $MERU $NVEC $OSTK $PTP $RENT $RMTI $RST $STNG $SIGA $TXN THQI TRGL $VIP $VTSS $WYY $AIXG $SAN $ELY $CRZO CYMI $DV $FFKY $FSR $GILT $GIFI $CTC $JACK $TUC $MHR $MTH $MFA $MCHP $NOR $ORRF $PEGA PNSN $RSOL $SAFT $SRT $LVB $STE $AMAT $CHU $EVC $FSS $HIG $ISSI $NIHD $PLXS $RWT $SIGI $SWIR $OKSB $SPF TLB $USAK $WSH $DM XIDE $IDSA $JOEZ $LLTC $LOOK $MHO $MEAS MFGLQ $SOL RODM $SHG $TGB $UFCS AGL $BKS $CSUN $GIL IRIS $PHG MFN $MLI $MVC $RIO SRSL
- jonfunk72: $ARR is a REIT, while $NLY, $MFA, $RWT, and others are mREITs. The SEC wants to remove the leverage for #REITs or force them to be treated are ordinary corporations. $ARR is already subject to the SEC REIT rules. $ARR has no debt (according to IBD stock check-up). I will be added it to my portfolio. Thanks for the tip.
- jonfunk72: I reviewed the document at a quick pace and it mainly addresses the role rating agencies should have on asset back entities and how to prevent a management company from dumping bad assets from one asset back entity to another in order to protect the company versus the shareholders of the receiving entity. I don't think well managed mREITs would be affected too much. May need to hire an additional compliance lawyer. I am not inclined to sell or add to my mREIT positions based on this information or current price action (staying within BB). Note: I am considering selling $MFA and $RWT and replacing it with $CXS because of a desire to reduce residential mortgages and add commercial.
- jonfunk72: An alternate look at these YIELD HOGS is how will the underlying assets perform under different economic conditions: 1. Fed implements Operation Twist - hits margins, 2. We have a global recession and Fed hits the printing press - short term the yields are attactive, but the inflation will increase cost of borrowing and than margins, 3. Global economy bumps alone the bottom and housing continue to shrink - yield will be sought after increasing the preimum (price) investors will want to pay for the higher yield. I own several YIELD HOGS (NLY, $MFA, $RWT, DCT)
New 52 week lows include: $ACW, $ADM, $ADVS, $AEIS, $AF, $AFAM, $AFL, $AGII, $AGO, $AIG, $AKAM, $AKS, $ALL, $ALNY, $ALR, $AMCC, $AMED, $AMKR, $AMSC, $ANAD, $ANR, $ANW, $AOL, $ARAY, $ARC, $ARI, $ARRY, $ART, $ASEI, $ASIA, $ATHX, ATPG, $AUO, $AUXL, $AV ...
Chimera Investment: $JMP Securities discusses impact of credit sell-off on mortgage #REITs (3.56 +0.01) -Update : $JMP Securities notes that the credit sell-off continued last week pushing most hybrid MREIT book values lower, and they believe the F ...
$RWT - I trade this one. This is James Grant pick from late last year. Don't know what he thinks of now. No position now.
In general, I want to stay out of the MLPs that depend on the energy price exclusively - until and should they drop because ...
- ronaldrussell: Institutional Money moving. I was watching football and messing with some screens to tell me where the money is going. Found on fidelity they have Institutional movement this Qtr vs. Last Qtr. I ran a screen with the following parameters: Mkt Cap>$750M - % Inst. ownership current qtr vs. prior qtr<-20% - % Inst. Ownership>50% - Price>$12.00 Here are the results: = Net change in ownership this Qtr $UFS -948% $FAS -285% $OIH -58% $KBE -50% $XLV -39% $XLF -38% $IBB -36% $VFC -32% $XLE -29% $ALGT -24% $GMCR -21% What surprised me is most of these are still moving up. I will update this with biggest increases for the current Qtr. $DGI +100% AAJX +73% $NE +68% $DNDN +57% $TYC +43% $STI +40% $BAC +38% $TWX +36% $WRI +32% $PVTB +32% $AGO +31% $DIA +30% $TC +30% $KIM +28% ARST +27% $X +27% MXB +26% $UIL +25% $DOW +25% $ASIA +23% $IPI +23% $GXP +22% $PFG +22% $PL +21% $STLD +21% $RWT +21% $MS +20% $FNFG +20%
|Stock Price||$USD 3.10|
Redwood Trust, Inc. together with its subsidiaries, invests in, finances, and manages real estate assets. It invests in residential and commercial real estate loans and in asset-backed securities backed by real estate loans.Request Video of RWT
Already a member? Sign in here.
- May 7th, 2020 - 2020 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 140.50 14.88%
- $USD 34.16 14.60%
- $USD 26.66 11.94%
- $USD 8.22 -120.32%
- HT.P.E Hersha Hospitality Trust 6.50% Series E Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Shares of Beneficial Interest$USD 6.37 -115.01%
- $USD 6.50 -106.15%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 69,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (69,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!