Direxion Daily Semiconductor Bull 3x Shares (:SOXL)
Old Forum Content for SOXLMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bigbartabs: $SMH $SOXL ... what was the news that dropped all the semi-conductor tickers at the open? I see a news article about AI chip fights... but nothing that looks significant.
- bRobert: $SMH flag breakout to nh $135 high base target 1 acquired $140 + WEEKLY ascending triangle target OR large reversal target Head $80 Neckline $110 Long $SOXL $250 flag target Trailers $IYT 20d bounce It still hasn't taken out old high $205
- bigbartabs: @bRobert $SMH $SOXL $IYT ... $SMH $SOXL seems to have a tire leak... maybe just filling the gap.
- bigbartabs: @snowbound $NVDA ... I came near lightening up on my 100% $SOXL position. But it seemed that the shorts started covering at the close... so I didn't. I'll either be slapping myself on the back Monday... or my forehead.
- Robert1965: $SOXL up to ATH 226..97, in PM 227.73-228.33, up from 10/10/19 $163-$226 anyone in this
- bRobert: @Robert1965 $SOXL YES Close to $230 high base daily target 1 WEEKLY fresh breakout $275 Ascending triangle /$310 reversal targets Huge upside for the nimble trader .
- phgruver: @Robert1965 $SOXL I hold a core position in $SMH and then trade options around it to juice my returns. This is a big-ish gap up, so I closed out a very profitable options position. I'll look for a reentry, now. Either a pullback to support, or a sideways drift for a couple of days. This has put some serious $$ my account, since the bottom in Dec. 2018....
- Robert1965: $SOXL is holding above the open 219.88. from 211.94, at 221.52 now
- sniper: $qrvo,$swks jumping,in $soxl, $sox held 8sma yesterdays signal
- sniper: Out $soxl +1%, bad process no green to red for me have to go to work, can't call myself sniper anymore just call me yo yo
- bRobert: $SOXL flag trigger $225 high base target Trailing stops $NVDA $240 Wedge target Long calls
- bigbartabs: @bRobert $SOXL ... I was feeling pretty smart with my half position at the close yesterday. Now wishing it was a full position (he thought to himself)
- bRobert: $MU gap filled $51+ w target 1 I know some who make a living trading MU both ways A swing trader's dream. Highly leveraged to trade deal $60 target $AMD $35.50 reversal in motion Long calls $50 long term WEEKLY breakout target Both high beta long term holds $SOXL ($300 Ascending triangle WEEKLY breakout target 1) $SMH calls used as short term vehicle
- bRobert: $MU $AMD . High beta manes . Longer term holds from below . $MU . highly leveraged to China trade deal $SMH . consolidation flag above . breakout area is healthy . $SOXL 50d bounce $KEYS . High base c&h like . $115 . with trigger
- bigbartabs: @Herb $AMAT ... also $LRCX... AMAT is not currently in the $SMH top 10. LRCX is #10. Barely made it. No position... but I do watch $SMH and $SOXL close, since the sector I've done the best in. FWIW... good luck
- bigbartabs: @bRobert $INTC... on the other hand INTC big beat... driving up $SMH $SOXL after hours.
- bigbartabs: @grcjr $INTC I have a half position in $SOXL... helping that too. Up 9% today.
- bigbartabs: @champ $SPY ... when the market turned yesterday... I did the same thing, in the face of a lot of resistance. I did a lot of selling. Unfortunately my $SOXL and $TECL wasn't in my selling mix. I discovered that error right after the close when $TXN announced earnings :)
- champ: @bigbartabs $SPY $SOXL $TECL $TXN --- I had profits yesterday but I didn't sell any investment positions, still holding those positions and I'm not swinging any new long positions. However, I did take profits on my day-trades. LOL
- bigbartabs: @debeers $TXN ... yes, and brought down $QQQ $TQQQ $XLK $TECL $SMH $SOXL ... all imploded after the close. Especially semi-conductors. Apparently all due to Texas Instruments earnings release.
- bRobert: $NVDA WEEKLY w /wedge breakout $240 Long $SMH Flag Up 1.5% $135+ with trigger Trading $SOXL
- Robert1965: $SOXL is up to 181.00+ in PM the only component of it that is up in $NVDA 190.45 almost 4.00
- bRobert: $SMH WEEKLY W breakout attempt $135+ Long several chips and trading $SOXL
- scottrades: @bRobert $SMH $SOXL $IPHI Also looking good.
- bRobert: @scottrades $SMH $SOXL $IPHI Thanks Lovely chart .
- bRobert: $SMH $135/$145+ WEEKLY target $SOXL for espresso lovers $230/$270
- bRobert: $FB . WEEKLY W bottom bounce $205 . Earnings run . OR . $QQQ . diversity . $210 W . target $SMH . nh CLOSE . $147 . c&h . target with a confirmed . breakout . $SOXL . up . 9% . Very high upside for espresso lovers $AAPKL . $250 . measured move target nh .
- champ: @spmeyers --- But maybe you should say, I don't see anything that I want to swing, for now. Why swing a new entries, investors only swing a new position, when they feel that they can...why swing, your swing standards better be high and if they aren't, you better think real hard about that. .......Day-Trades, are great profit tools, in markets like this, just take the huge $$$'s. I had 8-day trades working today but I posted only 4, $AMZN, $AAPL, $SSO and $SOXL, I took profits off on all...but timing on entries are always hard, even when your entries are small, 1/4th size. Take the profits off on all momentum plays and repeat daily but only if you have timing...market and stock timing, wait for entries and most of the time entries are not on the open, the first move most always falls back.
- champ: $SOXL, another nice move, adds are really hard.
- bigbartabs: @champ $SOXL ... I've made a lot of money with this one. If $SMH breaks out above the 3 highs, with higher lows each time... it could really take off with a break out.
- champ: @bigbartabs $SOXL $SMH ---- Because of risk management, I took profits on all ETF's and also on all day-trades, had good timing today. Tomorrow, could work again....but still swinging investment positions. No emotion, just working.
- champ: $SOXL...HOD,
- debeers: @champ $SOXL -not so much now.
- champ: @debeers $SOXL --- Yes, had to take the profits off...and the plan is always the same, 30--minutes or so before the close, on the high turn, was the timing, for me.
- bigbartabs: @bRobert $KLAC $SMH ... I got stopped out of $SOXL yesterday morning... but got back in with a half position when it recovered. I should have went to a full position this morning... but since it was a gap open... I didn't. Bummer.
- champ: @bRobert $JPM ---- Huge profits off of ETF's, off of yesterdays lows....I only had time for a few of these trades....$FAS, up $7.00...$SSO, up $8.00...$TQQQ, up $6.00...$SOXL, up $22.00....Traders were really focused and zero-in on these. I'm only swinging a small position in $SSO, for now, will see what happens on Mondays open, hopefully the positive news will continue. All.....Have a Great Weekend!
- bRobert: @champ $JPM $FAS $SSO $TQQQ $SOXL Same to you.
- snowbound: @champ $JPM $FAS $SSO $TQQQ $SOXL Later on ! Will
- Robert1965: Before the big dip today $COUP $SOXL $AAPL $STNE all up to where they were and $NUGT is up too to 30.90 at the dip it was up to 32.19 thought it would have dropped more close to the open. Is it telling that the bounce back is a fake out
- Robert1965: $STNE is anyone looking at this it is near the HOD along with $COUP, $TWTR $AAPL $SOXL
- Sluggo: @Robert1965 $STNE $COUP $TWTR $AAPL $SOXL $STNE needs to tighten up and regain the 50d. Not hard to do. $COUP Still in a descending pattern with lower highs and lows. Needs to fix that. $TWTR Nothing here.
- efrain007: @Robert1965 $STNE $COUP $TWTR $AAPL $SOXL I'm watching $TWTR. Testing 100d and that worked in June and July and it's back there again this week. Doesn't mean it will work this time and it's a steep drop so if I buy it will be small.
- Robert1965: $AAPL just noticed in AH is now down, around where I sold it 220.47, $SOXL is following $165.00
- Robert1965: $SOXL made the H&S 168 to 192 to 171
- bigbartabs: $SOXL $SMH ... might be rising from the ashes
- bRobert: @Robert1965 $SOXL Long $SMH puts
- bigbartabs: @bigbartabs $SOXL $SMH ... guess not... hair trigger nervous traders due to news.
- bigbartabs: $NDX ... note that the NASDAQ 100 is now hitting the weekly low trend line... 12/24/18 to 6/3/19. It might help some of you determining re-entries into $NDX $TQQQ $SMH $SOXL $XLK $TECL . Algorithms very often love prices touching weekly low trend lines. FWIW... good luck
- bRobert: $GASL c&h breakout/throwback $17.50 target $$VMI Watching for bounce after throwback $168 $LVS 50/200d support mattress Adding with trigger $SMH Flag Trigger will really set things off $NVDA WEEKLY W flag $230 target 1 $TXN WEEKLY breakout $145 OR $SOXL if you love espresso HIGH upside (50%+) with WEEKLY breakout
- bRobert: $WDC flag trigger $66+ $75 longer term $MU trigger $NVDA breaking out $SMH going to test $124 high then we will see. EXPECT a pullback/failure Happy surprise if breakout $SOXL $200 taregt
- bigbartabs: @Robert1965 $SOXS $SMH ... I still have a half position in $SOXL with a big gain... but now hard to add after the latest spurt.
- Robert1965: $SOXL up $16.00 another 10% anyone buy today
- bRobert: @Robert1965 $SOXL $smh calls yesterday. Partial. W trigger 120 target 1
- bigbartabs: @Robert1965 $SOXL ... I bought yesterday to a 100% position. But sold half when it hit $175. Will add back on some kind of a pullback, or if $SMH makes a new high.
- bRobert: @bigbartabs $SOXL $SMH I took profits in $SMH calls on the strong bounce . Waiting to reload
- bigbartabs: @bRobert $SOXL $SMH ... waiting to reload... ditto. This sector has been a heckuva ride.
- Robert1965: $SOXL up in PM close to yesterday high 145
- bigbartabs: @Robert1965 $SMH $SOXL $MU ... The last add I made to $SOXL was yesterday morning, back to a 200% position. I like how it is acting. Right now I only have 7 positions... $SOXL $UDOW $TECL $ZS $XRT $TLRY $HACK (last 3 starters). For the $SMH (that I use to make $SOXL buys and sells), only 2 of the top 10 in the ETF are down this morning... $TSM $ASML . Good luck buddy...
- Robert1965: @bigbartabs $SMH $SOXL $MU $UDOW $TECL $ZS $XRT $TLRY $HACK $TSM $ASML Thanks for your input
- bRobert: $SOXL . Bounce to green . $SMH . flat .
- bRobert: $USO . 5d ema cross > 13 . MACD ADX crossed Long trade $QQQ . Macd cross . 5d ema cross $SMH . 5d ema cross . MACD close . Long swing in $SOXL
- bRobert: $SMH . $120 . $SOXL . $175 . targets
- bigbartabs: @bRobert $IYT $SMH $LMT ... I have a 200% postion in $SOXL with a good profit. If $SMH goes to the close where it is now, above the 20dma... I may add even more.
- bRobert: @bigbartabs $IYT $SMH $LMT $SOXL Many things will move briskly once the market digests Fed news /comments this week. $SMH is a leading sector and so far it is doing its job.
- Robert1965: @bigbartabs $SMH $SOXL Did you add to $SOXL, I thought about it but didn't. I thought it should have been higher, since most of weighted stocks were up 1%+ and some were over 2% others almost 3%. Only 1 down one was $MU
- bRobert: $SMH $120 . . $SOXL .$180 . Both with W 's and respective targets Gentle flag pullback . > 50d and W I will add with flag trigger Stop just below flag
- Robert1965: @bRobert $SMH $SOXL Have you added today, looking to add
- bRobert: @Robert1965 $SMH $SOXL I have a small partial . I will add with the flag trigger
- bRobert: $SOXL . $180 . W . target $SMH . $120
- bigbartabs: @Pcdentist $SOXL $TECL $TQQQ $NDX ... I came in this morning with a 150% position in $TQQQ (when it gapped this morning, sold down to $100%), 200% in $SOXL (sold down to 100%), 150% in $TECL (sold down to 100%), 50% in $UDOW, 50% in each of $TAN, $XLB, $XLV. My ongoing plan is to stay pat with 100% positions, unless it falls below today's low again... watch it... and then if appears to be going into the close weak... go to 50% positions. Then wait for a pullback later in the week to add back. Best laid plans rarely work out though :) So could be a couple flee flicker plays before the close depending on what way the market rubs me. But in short... now looking for a bit of a pullback go overweight again... now that there's a lot of headroom above again for the indexes. Hopefully all that makes sense... all the best...
- Pcdentist: @bigbartabs $SOXL $TECL $TQQQ $NDX What is your strategy with these? Entries? What’s the plan? Thanks
- Robert1965: $SSO, TQQQ $SOXL $STNE I am out sync with my trades, took profits too soon on $SSO TQQQ $SOXL, and too Late on $STNE, I need some help .
- Robert1965: $SOXL Near HOD anyone still in this
- bigbartabs: @Robert1965 $SOXL ... I've again got a big 200% position in SOXL. Glad to have it. I was able to hang on to it through the week using the weekly chart. Any time I have a new green candle, after a prior green candle... with higher highs and higher lows... I sleep fine being (otherwise) extended. Same for $TECL... with a 150% position... and $TQQQ WITH A 150% position. $NDX candle is not as robust as the other two... but I'll take it. All the best...
- Robert1965: @bRobert $MDB thanks for your thoughts, what at your thoughts on $SOXL
- bRobert: @Robert1965 $MDB $SOXL close to 20% selloff this week. Due for a bounce ..... failed bounce. I don't have the time for nimble trading I missed shorting the flag Break. with an easy cover stop I was watching for it and got called away
- bRobert: $SMH Flag/pennant Very extended for entry $130 with trigger Long partial $SOXL
- Robert1965: $SOXL AH up to 196.00?
- bigbartabs: @Robert1965 $SOXL ... I sold near half today... back to a 100% position. Probably going to be hard for $SMH $SOXL to get kto a new high tomorrow... but if it does... great. Might be a nice weekly half mast buy tomorrow. Or Monday.
- Robert1965: @bRobert $SOXL are your selling any today
- bRobert: @Robert1965 $SOXL trailing up Partial. In from $110 area trading around a core Not too shabby a technical trade
- Wykeman: @bRobert $SOXL I see 250-300 in your future.
- bRobert: @Wykeman $SOXL The chips have traded sideways for an extended period of time. The longer the base.... Very large multi year $SMH c&h breakout in motion $19 base $110 handle $200ish target NOT straight up Obviously $SOXL will outperform
- bigbartabs: @Robert1965 $SOXL ... selling today? Nope. Not with the dog $SMH at a new high. I'll stay with the tail $SOXL until it bucks me off.
- bigbartabs: @Wykeman $SOXL ... 250 to 300... boy, I hope you're right. I've got one of the biggest gains in a single ticker that I can remember. Gotta love having a chip in everything we buy now :)
- bigbartabs: @lostsheep $SMH $SOXL ... why the buying?... well, for me, because now there is a silicon chip in everything. So my simple under complicated redneck mind keeps a big position... until it clearly starts rolling over. I use weekly charts a lot more than daily charts. Allows me to go outside and smell the roses. Although since I live in the California foothills... unfortunately many times smoke. So far so good this year though. Good luck buddy...
- CraigReynolds: @bigbartabs $SMH $SOXL Believe $NVDA will be a monster because of CUDA. 1 million people are developing GRUs based on CUDA. Cuda is in healthcare/med image platform's. GRU's and CUDA are going a long way to reduce energy demands, which is big. They have spent 13B on research/development the past few years. A great future, may be 3-10 years out but a fantastic investment. Trading around core position could be interesting. Time as always will be telling.
- bigbartabs: @CraigReynolds $SMH $SOXL $NVDA ... funny you mention... I have a full position in NVDA as well. I'm really heavy in the semi-conductor world...also $TECL and $TQQQ... watching closely my weekly charts $SMH $XLK $QQQ $NDX. Best to take advantage while the markets give... rather than fighting unnecessary battles when they're not. All the best...
- champ: $SOXL...this might continue to move, off of that Huawei, news...?
- champ: $TME/$KWEB @ $43.25....#Bounce-Candidates....and it looks like this China ETF, could be turning. Check-out the names that this ETF, is holding...$TME, is one that is turning. The China-News flow is has been improving, they announced new AG imports, over the weekend, Soybeans and other AG commodities price's are moving-up a little..and the U.S., is easing restriction on Huawei, was the new news today. Negotiations started back-up and a team will be heading back to China, within days, sometime soon...was the report. I will be swinging risk, in this sector. The markets in China, were up last night and could pick-up even more tonight, off of that Huawei, news. Spec-swings....$SOXL, is also reacting off of that news, posted earlier.
- bRobert: $SMH target 1 $120 here $122 little high base/cup next Tighten stops on this/$SOXL
- bigbartabs: @bRobert $SMH $SOXL ... I'm thinking (and hoping) that since SMH is now above the 4/24 close, that sellers have sold, and what's left are the winners... who have little reason to sell. If so, could be a strong continuance. Then again what do I know, except its too damn hot to go outside, so I guess catching up on my inside to do list is in order...
- bRobert: @bigbartabs $SMH $SOXL Raise stops/take partials Buy in scales/sell in scales keeps you in the trade . Momentum is a strong force and takes stocks higher and lower than one might expect.
- bigbartabs: @bRobert $SMH $SOXL ... One way to do it, but that makes me a trader that has to sit in front of my laptops all day. I rather have tough rules where I buy... and then hold and add pullbacks perpetually... until I get the break of a week low. At that point I take off auto pilot. Could sell if stays weak and doesn't recover... or let it recover and hold longer to see if a 2nd break This is when experience kicks in to tell if I stay or leave. Works well... it makes my retirement decision at 54 a happy one. All the best...
- champ: Look at $SOXL, this ETF was posted twice today, maybe more, I posted. For those who are looking for news in this sector, I thought this news was posted, that the DOJ were having meetings and Congress and the Senate, was looking at this also, this was in the news for weeks.
- bRobert: $SMH pushing towards $120 target Top of range $SOXL $200 Long
- bigbartabs: @bRobert $SMH $SOXL ... the SMH chart is the one to watch... could be topping here for a rest. I still have my 150% position in $SOXL... so hoping for a breakout of SMH. If not... it might be goodbye.
- bRobert: $SOXL Still with $200 target Long from below. Trading around a core Look for the pb/bounces
- bigbartabs: @bRobert $SOXL $SMH ... bullish setup... yes. Look at the weekly chart... very aggressive green candle last week... with little red activity this week. I have a 150% position in $SOXL... and have had for some time now. 100% position in $TECL... also for weeks now. I went to a 50% position in $TQQQ yesterday... didn't feel good enough continuing my over weight position. Will probably wait now for a higher high on the weekly to reconsider. Tech has been very good to me since the bottom. And easy to just let ride with over weight positions, and alarms set, off doing other stuff on my to do lists. All the best...
- bRobert: $SMH $SOXL targeting test of highs Long $SOXL from below
|Stock Price||$USD 283.45|
The investment seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, of 300% of the performance of the PHLX Semiconductor Sector Index. The fund, under normal circumstances, creates long positions by investing at least 80% of its assets in the securities that comprise the PHLX Semiconductor Sector Index ("index") and/or financial instruments that provide leveraged and unleveraged exposure to the index. The index measures the performance of the semiconductor subsector of the U.S. equity market. The fund is non-diversified.Request Video of SOXL
Already a member? Sign in here.
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 68,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (68,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!