Square Inc. Class A (NYSE:SQ)
Old Forum Content for SQMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- scottrades: Beauty move on $SQ.
$SQ Note the Open and closing volume.
$TSEM Riding the top BB.
$CSS Move up your stop on this.
$KMX New Weekly High.
$EPAM Still waiting on a Trigger.
$GOOGL Chewing through supply.
$TWTR Going sideways. If you’re buying here you’r ...
- Ringo: $SQ - Moving up nicely
- grcjr: @Ringo $SQ - earnings Nov 6 after the close
- bRobert: @Ringo $SQ Reversal $72 measured move target
$QLD top of the range but could squeeze higher. Never offered a clean entry.
$XLF Bank Earnings Out. Nice intraday moves. But hard to buy here.
$JPM Weekly Basing pattern, watch for a move above the range.
$GS In a Channel. Swing Target 218
- scottrades: $SQ Back above the 50 Day
- EricF: @scottrades $SQ it failed there yesterday - let's see it can hold on this time
- issues: Bought the following (good work Scott on last night's mentoring)! $WTR $GLOB $WDAY $FIVE $ZYXI (flag) $SQ $PPC $PAYX $PPC $VEEV $NVCR. Happy trading to you!!
$PAYS Still above the 8 EMA I’d have a stop just below that.
$CTAS Watch this next week. Weekly Base, touched a new high but now follow through.
$PEP Weekly Higher Low.
$SQ Fell below the 50 Day. Needs a new base.
$GOOS Back above the 8 EMA bu ...
- baronp0329: Earnings season $NFLX $DPZ $DAL $AAPL $FB $AZZ $JPM $SNAP $UNH $LEVI $BAC $CLF $SQ $T $DIS $GS $BA $JNJ $HELE $WFC $TWTR $C $V $FAST $GE $APHA $INFY $CVS $ALLY $CMG $KO $INTC $F $MA $ABT $SCHW $MCD $NOK $PM $PLD $SAR $HAL $WBA $AXP $XLNX $PFE $PG
- Auto: $MU $LAD $SOLY $CRWD $JACK $CYBR $TWTR $LEVI $SQ added
- bRobert: @Auto $MU $LAD $SOLY $CRWD $JACK $CYBR $TWTR $LEVI $SQ MU bottom of range bounce . Rinse repeat . trade This chip will have the most upside with a trade agreement. Long TRADE with stop
- Auto: $JACK $SQ looking good long
- Sluggo: @jr3345 $HIIQ $CGC $CRON $CGC $CRON $CGC $CRON $KBH $LGIH $FB $BYND $MCD $BYND $MCD $BYND $MCD $BYND $MCD $SPR $BA $QQQ $QQQ $ITB $LGIH $HOV $JBL $BA $SPY $XHB $ITB $SPY $XHB $ITB $SPY $XHB $ITB $CGC $CRON $HEXO $TLRY $VFF $URI $HRI $I $VMI $ALGN $I ...
- Sluggo: @bRobert $HIIQ $CGC $CRON $KBH $LGIH $FB $BYND $MCD $SPR $BA $QQQ $ITB $HOV $JBL $SPY $XHB $HEXO $TLRY $VFF $URI $HRI $I $VMI $ALGN $BX $KKR $SYK $KLAC $LRCX $TLT $XLU $GDX $XLF $JPM $GS $C $NOW $GOOS $ZBRA $psx $GOOGL $GLD $MTUM $FND $ESNT $CPRT $HX ...
- Auto: $SQ early morning add double bottom tight stop
- issues: @Auto $SQ still in a downtrend with a "shakey" market (Uptrend under pressure) I'll pass!
- Auto: $SQ thank you added
- baronp0329: @champ #great-trader Thanks Champ. Today had good day trade entries and some fortunate news on my $AAPL $SPOT $SQ $SPY Puts today. Swing trade on $NFLX Puts had excellent returns. Very good trading week. Updating my trading journal now. Hope you had a profitable trading week too. Have a good weekend.
- champ: @baronp0329 $AAPL $SPOT $SQ $SPY $NFLX #great-trader --- You really do have great timing.....and same to You and also Everyone...Have a Great Weekend.
- Max115: $SQ Bottom?
- captron: @Max115 $SQ One of the Najarian's was pumping this stock this morning. Guess it did not work to well.
- bRobert: @captron $SQ Too early to tell or good reason to buy. Wait for a base to form with positive price action higher lows/highs Plenty of upside when the bottom is confirmed SO many other things working with great charts.
- debeers: @bRobert $SQ -Analyst downgrade today.
- lostsheep: $SQ - Many better fish in the sea. Below the 50 and 200. As @Aragorn had mentioned yesterday it got above above the 8 ema ran a bit to the overhanging 21 day and pulled back intra day to a successful test of the 8 and bounced. Took a position. Has been trading sideways with the 60.5 level as support. Looks like it will open above the 21 day this morning. Thinking it could run back to test the 66 level which has been recent resistance. Macd crossover. Weekly trading range between 60 and 83 since Feb. Maybe this could turn into something. Lots of work to do.
- Aragorn: $SQ - has been putting in the work and is now above the 8ema daily low risk trade but a declining 21 overhead is an issue
- lostsheep: @Aragorn $SQ Been watching. Hoping to see a successful pullback test of that 8ema and renewed buying there
- lostsheep: $SQ watching this trade around the 60 level. Nothing to do here under selling pressure but 66 is the top of the current range and top of the w. lots of resistance and technical damage
- DAN: Good morning. Stocks are set to open substantially lower this morning after China dropped the price of the yuan to a 10-year low. This is very worrisome to the market because it escalates the trade war, which benefits no one in the short term. How ...
- silvereagle: @DAN $SQ This is an awesome piece of writing. Excellent perspective that keeps us going. Thanks Dan!!
- phgruver: @DAN $SQ ...but is that true about Malkiel? Just curious....
- DAN: @phgruver $SQ About the hot dog cart? No. Just my dry humor. 8-)
- DAN: @silvereagle $SQ Thanks! Glad it resonated with you, silvereagle. 8-) Dan
- phgruver: @DAN $SQ Great image, though. I guess I'd better not repeat it. It might become an Urban Legend.
- indigo1948: @DAN #MARKET - how very true - just lurking about to see what real bargains present themselves - focusing on $SQ as it has been badly beaten up. Excellent comments on your thoughts this morning. We have no control over the geopolitical climate - only on individual accounts - the only certainly is our account balance today.
- jlutzkanin: $AMZN thru the VWAP $SQ rejected
- DAN: @phgruver $SQ LOL. That's always a possibility.
- AJOHN: @DAN $SQ Nice writing to keep the cooler heads to prevail and to do your work to proceed in the bad days.
- champ: @AJOHN $SQ ---- On these type of days is where you can find great entries...but you must always wait for timing. You can clearly see the stocks that turned ...but they fell back. Just need to wait, before you pick-up the $$$$. Stay focused and their are a lot of distractions out the...by the idiots.
- DAN: @AJOHN $SQ Absolutely. I've been doing research on various stocks for the past hour or so. Keeps me from doing dumb $h1t that I shouldn't be doing...and sets me up for the next opportunity while others are just trying to make back money that they lost...doing stuff that they shouldn't be doing.
- lostsheep: $SQ ouch on earnings watching this 67 level which was resistance in May
- RAMO: @lostsheep $SQ --Keep an eye on it--it is coming back --I'm looking @ selling the $65 Sep. puts for $3.00
- champ: @RAMO $SQ ---- I'm in on the low.....
- lostsheep: @RAMO $SQ The 200 is just above at 71 we'll see how it behaves if it gets there for the moment 67 held and would be a reference for support
- champ: $SQ, nice bounce, might continue.
- grcjr: @champ $SQ - good morning. I'm trying to wait to see it move above the open.
- champ: @grcjr $SQ --- Good morning, timing is important, the first wave is in, now they are waiting to add-on.
- champ: $SQ, still holding, up over $2, off of LOD.
- champ: $SQ, earnings after the close, still holding.
- champ: $SQ...HOD and a new YTDH, looks like the light turned-green.
- traderbren: @champ $SQ - earnings after the bell.
- champ: @traderbren $SQ --- Yep, could surprise, is the guess, all 33 analyst are predicting their largest earnings beat ever and if they surprise, this stock will spike, maybe up to their 52-week high at $101. I will be swinging partial, a #Hope-Spec-Swing.
- Pcdentist: $SQ Break out, starting a small position
- shoredriver: @Pcdentist $SQ ...earnings tonight...long
- champ: $SQ $IBM.....others ....but there are many.
- champ: $SQ...real nice surprise beat on top but both lines beat ...but dropping for now....maybe because they sold Caviar for $400m/Cash to DoorDash, don't really know the reason....could be guidance.
- Rjeletrik: @champ $SQ weak guidance
- champ: @Rjeletrik $SQ --- #Thanks and Yes, I saw that. I had a small swing position but I'm out RHRN. I moved it back onto my watch-list. It just seems like, nothing is ever easy and that is never going to change. Insiders issue weak-guidance and then they ...
- champ: $SQ @ $81 but dancing....earnings on 8/1, Thursday morning, call-it Wednesday after the close, I'm still holding and I will be holding a position into earnings.
- champ: $SQ... #KeyBanc-Capital-Markets, Josh Beck, is out again today 7/30... calls for a "beat and raise" on earnings, with a price target of $100. Estimating revs at $562.5m, driven by subscription/service numbers and upside in Cash Card, Caviar, Capital and Instant Deposit. He expects EBITDA guidance to be maintained. My words...they might surprise. Watch closely....
- bRobert: SFLT $V $MA $DFS $SQ Payments working
- bRobert: $SQ $90 with flag trigger into earnings 8/1 Long calls from below
- champ: $SQ, @ $82.20, HOD....#Stock-idea and $C raised their price target to $95 from $90, on 7/19, before #earnings. Another one of their price targets is at $100, going into their best earnings quarter ever reported, in the history of their company. ER is on Thursday 8/1/after. Point of Sale, tech company, see their website and if they surprise this stock will hit $100, within minutes. All 33 analyst are predicting their highest earnings number ever reported, take a look and their target number is at +$0.17....they had only reported one other positive quarter in the history of their company and that was on 11/7/18 at $0.04. This Growth stock could finally break through their 52 week high, that was at $101, on 9/18. These are GAAP EPS numbers.
- champ: $ZM $ZS $Z $ZG, I'm still holding these Zara-Stocks, and where they are going, nobody knows, also still holding $SQ and $ROKU.
- DAN: $SQ -- trading pretty sloppy, and reporting on 8/1. But looks like it's going higher. I have no position, and don't plan on taking one due to earnings...but I know some of you like the fast ones, so this is worth watching.
- bRobert: $SQ WEEKLY target $100+ with weekly flag trigger $XPO $ODFL $UPS Quickly into orbit. Others will follow These will go higher with consolidation/rest Trucks can fly $ARCB base in place >50d np
- Cokeman1959: $SQ - any thoughts on this one? Looks pretty volatile, maybe see if it builds some kind of base. I guess.
- spmeyers: @Cokeman1959 $SQ I'd like to see it closer to the 20-day before I start a position
- bRobert: @Cokeman1959 $SQ. Really not that volatile Base is in place . Look at the WEEKLY. flag for move >$82.50 . $100+ . target
- Cokeman1959: @bRobert $SQ - any concerns about it being extended above the 50 and 200 day, or are you strictly looking at weekly chart?
- champ: @bRobert $SQ @ $79 --- This stock could have a huge move, all the 33 analyst that are covering this stock, are estimating that this stock is going to report their highest earnings number in the history of the company, on 8/1/after. The estimates are for earnings to be +$0.17. Their #highest earnings number ever reported, was on 11/17/18 at $0.04. This stock could hit $100.00, right after earnings....and take off, on any surprise beat. This could be a great set-up before earnings. I'm going to hold a position into and through earnings.
- champ: $SQ @ $82 ...up $2.00 off of LOD, getting some buyers this morning.
- bRobert: @champ $SQ Financials bouncing off low $C green consolidating and setting up for next level
- bRobert: $SQ $100 WEEKLY target Look for pb/b
- Rjeletrik: Entry for $SQ ?
- champ: @Rjeletrik $SQ --- Could be, we will know a little more... going into the close or tomorrow. One day it is $ZM and then the next day it is $ROKU. Real hard to know, how long $SQ, is going to rest-up, before it goes back to work.
- Ajax4Hire: @Forexpro $C Agree, the profit is in the exchange. $V - Thy Lady Visa, $MA - Master of the Card; $DFS - Discover and even $SQ - Square Payment, $PYPL - Paypal Not available for trade: Venmo, Payoneer; PaymentSpring, SuperPay, MoneyMailMe There are a lot of micro-transaction system being created using phone apps. A new entry into this arena is the Libra Currency(a "managed" blockchain cryptocurrency). Payment exchange is slipping from sovereign nation-states into decentralized, less controllable (ie. less manipulable) systems. Gold for the digital age.
- bsnceo: @DAN I have a nice gain on my relatively small posn in $SQ - it's a swing trade, thoughts on stop? Earnings 8/1
- DAN: @bsnceo $SQ Everybody trades differently, bsnceo. Different timeframes. The stock could fall back to $75 before testing the breakout. My suspicion is that the big move last week was the 'beginning' of an earnings run. Now, we're seeing some backing and filling, and I wouldn't expect the stock to move higher before it churns a bit here.
- bsnceo: @DAN $SQ thanks, your perspective is valuable.
- champ: $SQ @ $81.50 - The guess is that this stock is a #Earnings-Runner. You can clearly see the reason why this stock dropped a little this morning, within a few minutes, right after the open. There was one sell, where an investor took some profits off, that is normal and that is always going to happen daily, everyday, when a stock is climbing. Stocks never go straight up, but one can always hope that is going to happen,... but it hardly ever does. Investor's invest and trader's trade, that is what is going on now today, just a few more sellers, than there are buyers, for now. Earnings are going to be reported on 8/1/after. There are 13 trading days left, on this Earnings-Run...see my Info-Post yesterday, for my reasons why I believe that is going to happen.
- GOOSE: @champ $QS #Earnings-Runner $SQ $QS???
- champ: $SQ @ $82.15, flat for the Day, that was positive, now we will see how earnings in the morning effects the markets. The YTDH was $82.78 and the recent high was just on Friday, at $82.66. Volume was below average today, investors are on hold, for now.
- rj7150: @champ $SQ Square reports second quarter results after the market close on August first. Or am I misinterpreting your post??
COTD: $TSLA – Continues to kill the bears. Reporting in 9 days…and we could see the 200-day MA tested before then. This is a gambling addict’s delight.
$SPX – Pausing here. Looked at stocks all day and didn’t thin ...
- champ: @rj7150 $SQ --- That is the confirmed date that I have, 8/1/after.
- champ: #Info-Post on $SQ, this is a commerce ecosystem, Growth Stock and it sure looks like it is going higher. @ $82.28/up 10.73%, in the last 4-days and is now up 797% for the last 3-years. Really hard to find stocks, with that kind of Growth. With 33 ana ...
- champ: $SQ..up $2.10...still strong....52-week high $101....YTDH $82.74, news flow is real strong.
- Popeye: $SQ Still moving higher. Volume has been slowly decreasing from Tuesday on daily
- champ: @Popeye $SQ ---- Mostly all green volume .... not a lot of Red volume...not many sellers in the mix, you can clearly see that, not zig-zagging, that is extremely positive. When red volume starts to pick-up, you will also see the start of dance moves. This stock needs to slow down....I'm holding size.
- Herb: @DAN great call on $SQ. That 61 RS is now 84!
- DAN: @Herb $SQ Thanks Herb. Very glad that you remembered the 61 reading on relative strength. That was actually a pretty significant reason for taking that trade. Lots of upside for that stock!!!
- Popeye: $SQ Strong day. Resistance at the triple top.
VIDEO TWO: Growth Stocks. Very few entries on good stocks. That’s what makes them good.
$OMCL -- stops anyone? My notes for upcoming podcast for IBD.
Entry is everything b/c we’re not “winning”, we are speculating. Contro ...
- champ: $SQ....HOD...still moving
- JBed: $SQ out of two-thirds of my position. Will hang onto 50 shares from well below.
- mogo: Sold $SQ, Bought 2nd half of my position in $STNE (hoping the breakout continues)
- JBed: $SQ up nicely.
- bsnceo: $SQ off to a nice start
|Stock Price||$USD 69.38|
Square Inc is engaged in providing solution from payments and point-of-sale services to financial services and marketing services. It provides a free software app with its hardware to turn mobile devices into powerful POS solutions in minutes.Request Video of SQ
Already a member? Sign in here.
- February 26th, 2020 - 2019 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 11.06 41.55%
- $USD 10.95 40.96%
- $USD 8.72 39.75%
- $USD 21.77 -7.01%
- $USD 37.04 -5.97%
- $USD 72.94 -4.29%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 67,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (67,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!