Square Inc. Class A (NYSE:SQ)
Old Forum Content for SQMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bRobert: $PYPL great daily/weekly . Target $100 . $SQ Nice charts also $75+ target
- Wykeman: @bRobert $PYPL $SQ I'd give $SQ 85 target..giddie up!
- baronp0329: @Wykeman @bRobert $SQ Agree that SQ daily chart looks good. Posted earlier on OMM. Added to my Aug 70 Calls earlier after it broke above Pivot of 67.33.
- Spotdog: @Wykeman $PYPL $SQ Hope so. I added this morning
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $SQ Square Inc. Class A. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=SQ&clip=103755
COTD: $AMZN – Prime Day…Stock bulls shopping with no limit on credit cards. Started 3 pm today. Ends 3 am on Wednesday. Looking very much like a “sell the news” stock. Big reversal. Don’t bet on the bulls now.
$SPX -- Until the market settles down, it’s important to back off on position size and number of stocks.
$SMH – what’s magical about today?
$XLI – lower highs and lows here.
1. $BZUN – still ...
- Greendayguy: Have you ever wondered how you get into a $2 - 4 dollar stock that goes to $50 or $100 in a year or so? I certainly have. No guarantees, no predictions, but I think these low priced stocks will go much higher. I'm not a tech guy, but I've read a lot about these companies, their products, and their business plans. I don't understand the technical aspects, and wrt $GOPH, I don't support AI or the Internet of Things from what I've read about these areas. But if things are going this way, and certain companies' stocks will benefit, I'll buy the stock. I'm not a buy and hold guy, but I've been in and out of both of these stocks several times recently and I've done well. I plan to continue this strategy on these two stocks. We never know which stock might be the next $SQ or $TRHC.
COTD: $P – squeezing above $8.00.
• Tariffs in effect. Nobody cares. Market is not concerned…so you shouldn’t be either.
• Jobs: Unemployment higher…but more jobs added – beat estimates ...
- woodman: $SQ moving up.
- bizmodal: @woodman $SQ Wht are your thoughts on entry? I’m thinking either wait until it’s back down to $60 it gets above $65?
- woodman: @bizmodal $SQ - It's one I've just been holding. Are you thinking for a trade or something you are interested in holding for a while? If the latter, you could buy some now with a mindset of adding to it if it falls back to test recent lows or prior resistance (3/21 intraday high area)/50 day area. It reports 8/1.
- Junior1: @DAN could you include $SQ in your analysis tonight? Interested in your opinion on where to take entry. It's been 8 days since it broke the uptrend, but looks to be shaping up. Thank you
8. $AMOT – very low volume breakout. Stop would go below today’s intraday low. If stopped out, you wait for better entry.
9. $MPWR – IBD 50 stock. Forming the bottom of the base, with support at $130. Needs a LOT of trading act ...
- Spotdog: @Junior1 $SQ FWIW, I saw a news item this afternoon that stated that apparently $SQ had applied to become a "deposit taking" bank and that they withdrew that application for some reason. I saw the rise earlier and added to my position.
- DAN: Good morning. Futures are pointing to a lower open this morning as we start the last half of 2018. There are many issues facing financial markets: Ongoing weakness (I mean real implosion) in the China markets...which is reasonable considering the c ...
- Henry: $SQ had a pt upgrade to $66 by Sun Trust, from premarket to 9:33 it dropped a $1.30 at the open. If it holds the low it could be a good entry for a quickie
- Junior1: @Henry $SQ I've been overweight SQ for quite some time. The accounts are very happy. Decided to sell all today, and replaced the position with short puts, naked.
- bRobert: MANY H&S top patterns. No triggers eg $SQ . . Protect profits .
- steve71: $PAGS Pagseguro will sound like a Tim Seymour stock. Jan 2018 IPO. Recent double bottom. $PAGS is the $SQ of Brazil. That country apparently has a huge small business economy. $PAGS is a first mover in getting payments online for that segment. FWIW, this rec is from Park Avenue hedge fund guys who have a strong track record with me. I plan to open a partial position sometime today.
- CoyoteDuster: stopped out of $AMZN, $ANET, $SQ.
- JBed: $SQ dipped a toe in with small size below $62.
- Junior1: @steve71 $PAGS $SQ Distinctly different charts! PAGS is an IPO of January, with today's low flirting with the closing print of opening day. This chart has a lot of work to do. $SQ unfortunately broke it's multi-week uptrend today. This is in all of my LT accounts, with no calls sold against... with all of the upgrades last week, I wasn't comfortable selling calls... oh well...
- indigo1948: $SQ - a great holding stock - it just continues its grind up to $70.00.
- Junior1: @indigo1948 $SQ shhhh. you jinxed it
- RedLeaf1: 52 week highs this morning: $AMZN $FB $SQ $NFLX
- grcjr: (was looking at $SQ, not $IQ) Re $SQ, I'm seeing it opened above yesterday's close, moved up after the open, dropped back a bit to test and is coming back toward the high of the day. Running up the upper BB. New all time high. I bought a bit more Monday. Thought about adding more near the open today.
- CoyoteDuster: $SQ added to position at 64.88
- JBed: $SQ back in below $64.
- BobbyG: $SQ Still posting new highs. Tightening stops
- RedLeaf1: $AMZN $FB $SQ $ADSK new 52-wk highs
- BobbyG: $SQ Still getting a bid. Here is the news.
- tjv821: @kiss of death I will be buying $box $iq $sq tomorrow by the close. Book any profits bf then tj
- Junior1: $SQ Obligatory daily comment... another ATH
- indigo1948: @Junior1 $SQ - like the way it keeps grinding upward - small pullbacks give opportunities to add.
- Spotdog: $SQ looking to move to NH
- CHOFF: @Allen $SQ is stuck on 62.05 even though price action is at 62.76. Very frustrating that the charts are not keeping up.
- Allen: @CHOFF $SQ I can follow it on my phone tos platform but the computer platform still isn't working for some tickers. The quotes are refreshing now, but the charts aren't working.
- CHOFF: @Allen $SQ - thanks....it's very frustrating but at least the price are showing up.
- Junior1: #TOS I'm afraid to trust the feed. Shows $SQ trading at $63.82 with hod @ $63.66
- BobbyG: $SQ Wow somehow I missed this. Took profits on the 7th.
- Junior1: @BobbyG $SQ SQ is a hodl'ing stock, much like $AAPL
- JBed: @Junior1 $SQ #TOS Don't fear the feed! It's back at HOD.
- infocus: @Junior1 $SQ #TOS It's 63.88 now on my screen. Now 63.98.
- indigo1948: @Junior1 $SQ $AAPL - in agreement - have been holding along with $AAPL and it has steady momentum - not one to attempt to trade in and out of unless you are very quick and live at your screen all day.
- BobbyG: @Junior1 $SQ $AAPL To each their own. SQ is an option playing stock for me, but congratulations :)
- Junior1: @BobbyG $SQ yes, I agree. I too trade options, around the core.
- woodman: $SQ - bounce on 8dEMA.
- grcjr: $SQ moving nicely
- JBed: $SQ new ATH
- Junior1: @JBed $SQ Thought the meteoric rise was slowed yesterday. Sold calls... too soon, we'll see what happens. I may have to roll out and up.
- indigo1948: $SQ - continues an upward grinding move
- BocaRick: @indigo1948 $SQ also $PYPL crossed a $84.1 BP
- Junior1: $SQ A monster of a stock! Been holding off on selling upside calls. Looks like I need to hold off even longer. ATH and blue skies!
- BobbyG: $SQ Blue Skies
- BobbyG: $SQ $60.00 Price alert.
- captron: $SQ trying to punch through into blue sky.
- bsafriet: $SQ $AAOI $DOCU $SMAR $HTHT
- RedLeaf1: $MSFT and $SQ hitting 52-wk highs today. Holding full positions in long term account.
- BobbyG: $SQ Flirting with blue skies.
• Active traders – don’t hold too many stocks at one time b/c you won’t be able to build a BIG position in any of them. By definition, your pie has too many slices in it.
• Your stocks are up. But are they the right sto ...
- indigo1948: $SQ - nice move today - approaching 52 week high.
- RedLeaf1: @jeffslm $GS I bailed on my long term position (opened 1.5 years ago) today 'cause I just can't watch it go further into the red. I am looking for something in fin tech instead to get exposure to the financials. Maybe $SQ or $PYPL. I think Cramer recommended a credit card payment processing stock recently.
- BocaRick: @RedLeaf1 $GS $SQ $PYPL $V and $MA no relief
- Junior1: $SQ BTC covered calls (Tomorrow's 55.0) for half the potential. Catching a litttle vig in the LT accts. On the next strong up day, will sell calls again. In the trading acct, STO September 55.0 Puts @ 5.45
- Kristine: @BobbyG $SQ - Another 3% :)
- grcjr: $SQ up almost 4% so far today.
- BobbyG: @grcjr $SQ I moved my stops up, but I like the chart here. ATH is getting close.
- grcjr: @BobbyG $SQ - ATH level might be resistance. Might test it more than once. I like what I'm seeing with the various strength indicators. Also running up near the upper BB. But I'm not adding at this point. Will add on break to new ATH. Stops set for now.
- BobbyG: $SQ Still moving. A few more points to go before it hits its ATH. Still holding June 50 calls, making the leash tighter.
- BobbyG: $SQ breaking 55. There is some gas left in the tank.
- indigo1948: @BobbyG $SQ - holding a full position - resistance appears to be $57.80.
- woodman: $SQ - continuing up.
- Spotdog: @woodman $SQ Added yesterday. It continues to be a good trade
- BobbyG: $SQ making another nice move after being down early.
- stairm01: $SQ up over 2%. Holding June calls from April 24 drop. Thanks to CHAMP for bring this to my attention.
- BobbyG: @stairm01 $SQ Nice. May add to position after lunch if this holds.
- stairm01: $SQ Just screamed up over the 3% daily mark on high volume over the last 5 min candlestick
- bnnybklyn: @stairm01 $SQ right in the middle of the Keltner channel on the weekly - long
- woodman: @stairm01 $SQ - I bought this morning and have added twice.
- issues: Sold $LGIH (bearish engulfing pattern) bought oil with Iran spigot turned off $WLL $CRZO $SQ $WRD $LGCY
1. $NFLX – “buy all you want” in WU. Weekly chart shows it’s extended...but it IS being bought.
2. $AAPL – Horrible buy point here. Stock is overbought. Investors – give it a rest.
3. $NVDA – going to new ...
- Forexpro: @steve71 $AMZN $V $MA $SQ $PYPL Thanks, Steve71, Here's a summary of Bernstein's take (via Theflyonthewall.com): "Bernstein analyst Harshita Rawat notes that Bloomberg reported that Amazon (AMZN) is offering discounts to merchants to adopt Amazon Pay. While the analyst sees limited "new news," he believes that Amazon poses a long-term, risk to PayPal (PYPL). Regarding impact on Visa (V) and MasterCard (MA), Rawat does believe Amazon brings some risk of brand obfuscation, pricing pressure and yet another formidable payment wallet to contend with. However, the risk is more contained than is often perceived, he adds." Need to wait for confirmation, but it may be getting close to a bounce. Hope you're doing well. All the best!
- antfarm: $SQ Making an earnings run. Reports after the close. Banging on resistance at the 50dma. FD Small position which I am debating on dumping.
- antfarm: $SQ Stopped out of half my position @ 48.72.
- steve71: $AMZN $V $MA $SQ $PYPL "Reports are that Amazon plans to offer retailers some discounts if they adopt Amazon Pay, which takes a number of processors' shares lower." - Real Money Amazon may put a big hurt on the payment processors. Probably a majority of Amazon payments are processed with a bank card or PayPal. But I wonder if any drop in Square is a collateral damage opportunity. $SQ is much more point-of-sale than online. Their big profit item is loans to their merchant group.
- grcjr: $AMZN $INTC $$AAPL $SQ Some of the tickers reporting earnings soon 4/26 after the close $AMZN $INTC 5/1 after the close $AAPL 5/2 after the close $SQ
- bsafriet: @Junior1 $SQ My stop got hit this morning. I don't think you want to be in it now. You can always BUT IT BACK.
- Danzguy: @Junior1 $SQ Where is your stop placed? Tom Petty says its 'Free Falling'.
- BocaRick: @Danzguy $SQ I got stopped out below the 50MA. The February dip was down to $37?
- optionswealth: @Junior1 $SQ I got out yesterday near the end of the day because it was not acting the way I expected or the way the charts were telling me to expect. Three days ago the move up was rejected and that put me on alert for yesterday, which didn't end well. With earnings on 5/2 I thought it would be working its way upward. It had moved above the the 50 and 20 but then the upper bollinger band acted as resistance. When I looked at the MACD it was moving up but the move was not a big move. Where it will find support from here is hard to know. The averages are down today and the MACD on all three is moving down, showing weakness. It seems that less support for tech is showing up in this weakness.
- BobbyG: $SQ Making another nice move up after an inside day. Calls are working, but tightening my stops a bit.
- optionswealth: @BobbyG $SQ Yep, I held through yesterday after entering on Wednesday. The chart looks good and not down much yesterday. This morning is making up for yesterday and moving beyond on a slightly down tape day.
- rverkamp30: @optionswealth $SQ Would you be adding RHRN?
- champ: @BobbyG $SQ @ $52 ---- Tech stocks are all hard to hold...but I posted the other day, that this stock could hit $55...in the short term, that was my guess and when the markets turn, this could bounce even more....and there is a little news today about M&A....they acquire Zesty and it looks like the market, is thinking that is positive for the stock...I'm still holding.
- BobbyG: @champ $SQ Earnings are May 2nd. I am playing calls because volatility is starting to trickle up. I agree with the 55 target, but I am happy here if it doesn't make it. Tight stops now.
- optionswealth: @rverkamp30 $SQ Monday is often an up day, at least first thing in the morning as a rebound from today. It remains to be seen, of course. It has held in there strong today. So, in this market, I wouldn't add because of the weekend. I would look at it Monday.
- optionswealth: $SQ I like how it ended the day.
- optionswealth: @BobbyG $SQ Same here. Take a look at your MACD which is still rising and more to go. I'm watching the strength of the MACD for the next few days. Earnings are on 5/2, which is a catalyst. $AXP, a processor, had good earnings. $V reports on 4/25 and ...
|Stock Price||$USD 73.77|
Square Inc is engaged in providing solution from payments and point-of-sale services to financial services and marketing services. It provides a free software app with its hardware to turn mobile devices into powerful POS solutions in minutes.Request Video of SQ
Already a member? Sign in here.
- November 7th, 2018 - 2018 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 38.39 19.24%
- $USD 55.35 15.42%
- $USD 9.93 10.61%
- $USD 5.80 -45.59%
- $USD 40.27 -44.45%
- $USD 25.31 -37.57%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 58,600 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (58,600) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!