Sarepta Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ:SRPT)
Old Forum Content for SRPTMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- woodman: $SRPT popping.
- woodman: $SRPT - eating its spinach.
$SRPT – woodman mentioned. Looks very much like $RH looked. Stop below 50 day MA.
$BILI – forum stock this morning. I would wait and watch for o
$CHEF – doesn’t trade much, but was difficult to buy today. Do NOT start a n ...
- woodman: $SRPT $ICPT both working well.
10. $SRPT – Alert $145
11. $TSLA – Do NOT be a Musketeer. You are going to regret it. Here are some (though not all) reasons to avoid:
a. “Funding secured” – two class action suits. One by longs; one by shorts.
b. SEC ...
- bRobert: $NITE Recent IPO Spec biotech play specializing in the treatment of rare inherited retinal diseases LOVE the WEEKLY chart. Target $32+ Trigger >$22 Small float . Starting a position today. Will add later on dips as stock moves to the upper right corner. I have a larger than usual stable of good spec medical plays with very high upside. They are all relatively small positions. All are in the green with above break even stops. I will scale up significantly when justified by the price action. A SMALL portion of your portfolio should be devoted to spec stocks. That tiny investment can mushroom into large $$$ with a winner or two due to out sized gains. $COOL $GBT $INSP $TDOC $CARA $GWPH $SRPT $NITE (today) and a few others. Again, plant small seeds. Monitor which ones take root and blossom.
- bizmodal: $SRPT maintaining its trend with respect to the 50-day
- woodman: @bizmodal $SRPT - poised to move higher. Lots of catalysts between now and Feb 2019. I have a goodly sized position.
- greenpatrol: $SRPT triggered an inside month and up at 141.04 today
- woodman: $SRPT looks like it is setting up for a move higher, with good room for a decent move higher. Over the last few weeks it's been grinding its way along the rising 50 day, in a base, and over the last two weeks has been working on resistance. It looks poised to move up and out soon.
- bRobert: @woodman $SRPT Stock moving news expected in SEPT. No edge on news. Long on chart
- woodman: @bRobert $SRPT - I know there are a number of catalysts coming in 2018 through Feb. 2019, but do you have any specific dates, particularly for the nearest ones?
- bRobert: @woodman $SRPT NOPE. I figure when I get an alert that it made a nh , that is the date. ;)
- steve71: @woodman $SRPT Like other of my dolorous warnings, this is probably way early. But tuck it away. From www.sciencedaily - "Scientists have developed a CRISPR gene editing technique that can potentially correct a majority of the 3,000 mutations that cause Duchenne muscular dystrophy by making a single cut at strategic points along the patient's DNA." This is years away, so SRPT should remain the answer for a long time.
- bRobert: $SRPT . up pm. and pushing out the top. Long . Buy the pb/bounces
- Robert1965: @bRobert $SRPT would buy now
- bRobert: $SRPT Trade set up running in to SEPT news
- bRobert: $SRPT 9d to cover Could get interesting with an ooze out.
$SRPT – buying this here. Stop below $130. Alert $135.65.
$DPZ – IBD highlighted this after the bell. But it does look ok. Worth watching.
$FARO – “This a flag pattern?” Traditional “flag” ...
- bRobert: @gwenzee $GILD Not my favorite of the group. These are $AMGN $VRTX $CELG $BIIB . $REGN . $SRPT spec play
- gwenzee: @bRobert $GILD $AMGN $VRTX $CELG $BIIB $REGN $SRPT I have NP in any of these.
- bRobert: $SRPT Perky . Setting up
- bRobert: $SRPT nice . set up.
- woodman: @bRobert @Steve71 $SRPT - I'm not a doctor or scientist, and I've been fooled by #Biotech companies before - in fact, many times - but for what little it's worth, this one seems to being doing the right things and well poised for the future. Steve, Robert, any thoughts on this company (outside its chart)?
- bRobert: $SRPT . Eying the pullback to add shares
- bRobert: $SRPT low risk entry
- woodman: @bRobert $SRPT - I pretty much always keep a position in this one. I added last week as my inventory was low.
- woodman: $SRPT rocking this morning. I added.
- woodman: $SRPT - analysts are going bonkers of this one today.
- woodman: $SRPT reports after the close.
- woodman: Implied moves for earnings this week (m=mthly): $HEAR 24.8% M $TWLO 14.2% $WTW 12.2% $ETSY 13.5% M $Z 8.4% $SNAP 16.9% $DIS 4.1% $MTCH 10.6% M $WB 8.5% $KORS 9.5% $SINA 8.5% $ROKU 12.6% $BKNG 6.0% $SRPT 8.8% $NTES 6.3% $DBX 11.5% $OLED 11.0% $AAOI 13.6% $GOOS 13.7% $AAXN 12.3%
- gwenzee: $SRPT $BIIG AH has not been kind to these either. NP
- woodman: $SRPT slowly creeping back up. I've been re-accumulating after selling the big pop a few weeks ago.
- woodman: $SRPT - BBs still quite wide, so may need to do some work here. But I think this is done pulling back after the big pop on news. I sold that pop and have started buying it back this week.
- traderbren: $SRPT - getting a bid.
- woodman: $SRPT - Interesting spot here. Looks like it is going to hold the gap (135.73 intraday low of 6/19) after dipping into it a little. Low risk spot to buy it with a stop somewhere under today's intraday low 134.13.
- woodman: $SRPT - the primary range of new price targets, fwiw, is $163 to $204. One outfit is feeling especially saucy and gave it a $267. I don't put faith in analysts' ratings and price targets, though I admit they often provide a knee-jerk move in a stock in the short term. But all these folks are now playing catch up given yesterday's move. All I know is that the chart now tells me that new support is ~ $136.
- woodman: For what little it may be worth: GS #Biotech stocks where GS analysts see the highest M&A probability: $BLUE $BMRN $BPMC $CLVS $CRSP $INCY $MDGL $PCRX $PTLA $RVNC $SAGE $SRPT
- shoredriver: @woodman $BLUE $BMRN $BPMC $CLVS $CRSP $INCY $MDGL $PCRX $PTLA $RVNC $SAGE $SRPT #Biotech .....$CLVS.....ugly memory.......
- woodman: @shoredriver $BLUE $BMRN $BPMC $CLVS $CRSP $INCY $MDGL $PCRX $PTLA $RVNC $SAGE $SRPT #Biotech - BMRN has been on that list forever. Broken clock. Eventually they will be right about it getting bought.
- gwenzee: @woodman $BLUE $BMRN $BPMC $CLVS $CRSP $INCY $MDGL $PCRX $PTLA $RVNC $SAGE $SRPT #Biotech I've been waiting for someone to scoop up INCY for quite awhile. At least it has come off of the recent lows. Someone is throwing me a lifeline which I really need on this one.
- baronp0329: @gwenzee $ONCE Day trading $SRPT and I saw how other gene therapy stocks reacted like $ONCE. From Reuter's yesterday: Cambridge, Massachusetts-based Sarepta is among a clutch of drugmakers trying to develop successful gene therapies that hold promise for people with rare genetic diseases including DMD and spinal muscular atrophy. Sarepta’s stock climbed as much as 67.7 percent to a record high of $176.60, before trimming gains to around 33 percent. Shares of other companies developing gene therapies, including "Solid Biosciences and Spark Therapeutics", also surged on Tuesday.
- gwenzee: @baronp0329 $ONCE $SRPT Luxturna was approved this year. Don't know how many patients have been treated with this gene therapy. It is pricey at almost $1,000,000. But......it is a cure.
- baronp0329: @gwenzee $ONCE $SRPT Wow...treatment is very expensive. My daughter just graduated from University of San Diego with a Masters in Bioinformatics. Genentech in San Francisco just hired her and hopefully she'll also be working on some interesting Biotech projects.
- gwenzee: @baronp0329 $ONCE $SRPT Congrats to your daughter. Biotech is most interesting. Yes, Luxturna is expensive but ONCE is, in essence, giving a money back guarantee. If it doesn't work you don't pay. Unusual for a biotech to say the least. What is a cure worth to someone who is blind? Would you pay the price to see your daughter? your wife? a sunrise? a sunset? your first hole in one (if you're a golfer)? etc. etc.
- baronp0329: @gwenzee $ONCE $SRPT True, hard to put a price to be able to see again. Glad you brought up golf...I've had 2 hole in one and it was magnificent!
- woodman: $SRPT - big data day for this one. Still halted, but the data sound good from what I can tell. My fingernails are much shorter this morning than they were last night. I'm sitting on a healthy position. https://www.statnews.com/2018/06/19/sarepta- ...
- woodman: $SRPT - trade resumes at 10:35. This should be interesting.
- steve71: @woodman $SRPT The science is beautiful and the patients really deserve a breakthrough. Hope it goes well. np
- Sher: @woodman $SRPT - You have been so right on this one and are going to make gazillions! Good for you!! - Am so kicking myself for not picking up a few call positions, recently, as intended... (sigh)
- shoredriver: @woodman $SRPT congrats.....
- greenpatrol: @woodman $SRPT Nice one. Congrats!
- woodman: @steve71 $SRPT - you are right, they do. Great for the kids and families.
- Reif99: @woodman $SRPT $SLDB is apparently involved in that too, and is up 15%. I was in SLDB last month, brekout fake out, stopped watching it. Could have gotten in yesterday. Oh well.
- kt4000: $SRPT - WOW +56% congrats to who owned it
- woodman: @Reif99 $SRPT $SLDB - yes SLDB in sympathy. I think it's decently behind SRPT in the process,, though.
- GOOSE: $SRPT @Woodman I hope you had a thousand shares. ;>)
- woodman: $SRPT - thanks, folks. Very kind of you. I'm out now. I'll watch from the sidelines for a day or maybe rest of week to see what it does and ponder re-entry. Seems like a bright future for the company and the afflicted children.
- gwenzee: @woodman $SRPT WOW!!! Great trade Woody.
- woodman: @gwenzee $SRPT - Thanks, Gwen. I like the long term prospects, and view it as a long term hold, but this was too much of a pop for me to just let it ride. I plan to buy it back, but I want it to show me what the new floor is.
- woodman: @GOOSE $SRPT - Ha. Thanks. Nothing like that, but a nice position by my modest standards.
- Kristine: @woodman $SRPT - AWESOME!!! Congrats! And on a side note....$ONCE is having a so-so day ;)
- woodman: $ARRY - Big data/events coming very soon. Having gotten lucky with $SRPT, I don't want to tempt fate too much with $ARRY. I believe (okay, "guess" is the better word) it will do well, but I've lightened up to just a small position in ARRY. For those interested but haven't been following it closely, here is what's on deck: 6/20-23/18 Updated data for Encorafenib & cetuximab BEACON CRC for BRAF-Mutant Colorectal cancer PDUFA 6/30/18 binimetinib COLUMBUS BRAF mutant melanoma cancer (no AdCom).
- debeers: @woodman $ARRY $SRPT -Respectfully disagree---You put in the work. I bet you were the one in college who aced tests and everyone thought you were lucky and none of them knew that you (on occasion) studied your ass off.
- woodman: @debeers $ARRY $SRPT - I did study a fair bit. Sunday evening through Thursday afternoon were classes and studying. Thursday evening into Sunday morning was beer-drinking. The remainder of Sunday morning/afternoon was rehab. Classes on a Friday were anathema and universally (at least among my friends) regarded as an unpardonable mistake.
- debeers: @woodman $ARRY $SRPT -the point was---and is---you put in the work. You discovered somewhere that the more you studied the "luckier" you got.
- woodman: @debeers $ARRY $SRPT :-)
- sierramp: @woodman $SRPT That's a winner for your portfolio for sure. I should have gotten in last week.
- woodman: $SRPT - amazing stock.
- woodman: $SRPT continues to run both on the daily and the weekly.
- woodman: $SRPT leaking up.
- woodman: $SRPT has that wants-to-go higher look.
- woodman: @DAN $PVH $KIN $INST $EW $CSGP $WYNN $ISRG - $CNC is another. And I think $SRPT has become one. It has a promising future.
- woodman: $WTW has a familiar look. Stocks that move up through resistance and keep going making higher highs. See, e.g., $ABMD $SRPT $V $MA
- woodman: $SRPT @gwenzee - did you pick any up? That low $84s area appears to be new support (prior resistance).
- gwenzee: @woodman $SRPT No, I didn't. Bought $EXEL instead. So far, a disappointment but will give it a little more room.
- woodman: $SRPT - come to papa. I sold the pop in this on Friday with the intention of buying it back. Np currently.
- tri2insite: @woodman $SRPT where would you bite?
- woodman: @tri2insite $SRPT - it needs to tell me where, but, my WAG is prior resistance will serve as new support - i.e. the 84.40 area. But that's just a WAG. I want to see where it finds support and gives a bounce.
- tri2insite: @woodman $SRPT thx . I had to think about that WAG for a minute:)
- woodman: @tri2insite $SRPT - a technical term amongst traders. ;-)
- Ottawagreg: @woodman $SRPT Walgreens? :)
- woodman: @Ottawagreg $SRPT - try again. (no $ before WAG - it's not a ticker).
- gwenzee: @Ottawagreg $SRPT WAG means wild-assed guess.
- woodman: @gwenzee $SRPT - Ding, Ding, Ding - we have a winner!
- gwenzee: @woodman $SRPT Sold the remainder of my shares at end of 2016. Had a nice gain but never bought it back.
- PJMR11: $SRPT This may be turning.
- woodman: @gwenzee $SRPT - It's still coming in. Keep watch.
- woodman: $SRPT - bouncing ever so little off that resistance/support level I mentioned earlier today.
- woodman: $SRPT - nice pop on earnings and updates. Falling back a little now, though. I held half through earnings.
- woodman: $SRPT - rocket today.
- woodman: $SRPT - I just sold at 90.48. I wanted to hold, I really did, but this move is nuts as it's living above the top BB at 3 standard deviations. Watch it announce a buyout this weekend. All the shorts must need new ones ... shorts, that is.
- woodman: $SRPT - correction: 90.42.
- traderbren: @woodman $SRPT - nicely done! I thought I was smart getting out a few weeks ago in the low 80's but congrats on really milking your position.
- woodman: @traderbren $SRPT - Thanks. The results of my IQ test won't come in until next week, however.
- traderbren: @woodman $SRPT - hey, its winners like this that hopefully more than make up for the $NVAX of the world. ;-)
- woodman: @traderbren $SRPT $NVAX - my scar throbbed when I read "$NVAX".
- woodman: @traderbren $SRPT $NVAX - speaking of throbbing scars, I bought back #Bioturd $TTPH not all that long ago as a "Phoenix Stock."
- woodman: $SRPT - sold at this resistance area. Will revisit next week.
- spmeyers: $SRPT testing resistance at recent 52-wk high; wish I had seen it a couple days ago but it could run higher
|Stock Price||$USD 125.00|
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc discovers and develops RNA-based therapeutics for the treatment of rare and infectious diseases. Its lead product candidate is eteplirsen.Request Video of SRPT
Already a member? Sign in here.
- A look at Sarepta Therapeutics Inc. -- A Falling KnifeBy Dan November 12th, 2013
- February 28th, 2019 - 2018 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 74.25 101.27%
- $USD 12.82 42.04%
- $USD 21.48 39.37%
- $USD 5.30 -68.65%
- $USD 114.63 -48.70%
- $USD 5.06 -38.01%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 59,700 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (59,700) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!