Tilray Inc. (NASDAQ:TLRY)
Old Forum Content for TLRYMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- tnt: Buying $TLRY $16.49 and $CGC $19.95. Tuesday volume was huge and I think will anchor support around here. I think today is just short term profit takers.
- bRobert: @tnt $TLRY $CGC I like the reversal setup after washouts CGC $30+
- baronp0329: @scottrades, $APHA $CGC $CRON $TLRY Most of the Pot stock prices are going "Up in Smoke" Took profits 2 days ago but still long 1/2 position on $APHA at 4.96 from a few days ago
- scottrades: @baronp0329 $APHA $CGC $CRON $TLRY Yep. I was quick in and quick out. Disappointing, but out of our control.
- bRobert: @baronp0329 $APHA $CGC $CRON $TLRY Set alerts Set it and forget it eg CGC > $22 I am interested in this pullback
Watch $TLRY Above 19.50
Watch $HEXO above 2.30 (Earnings Monday)
Watch $OGI Above 2.70
Watch $NEPT Above 3.08
Watch $ACB above 2.70
Please treat these as TRADES Only. We don't know if this is the start of a rally or just a hype move. Some of thes ...
- success: @scottrades $APHA $CGC $CRON $TLRY $HEXO $OGI $NEPT $ACB #PotStocks watching these trades . . all opened higher and then started retreating
- bsafriet: #Cannabis These are my picks out of the group I follow: $CGC, $ACB, $APHA, $CRON, $HEXO, $TLRY, $ACRGF, $CRLBF Need to see follow through tomorrow to confirm this move. Sparked by the new CEO for $CGC coming over from $STZ.
- DAN: @xjonez727 $APHA $ACB Re/ the pot complex: If you start with the chart...you'll never even see a pot stock. None of them would ever pop up on a scan or watch list. At some point in the future, that will probably change...but until/unless it does, I'll never see a chart of $ACB $CRON $CGC $TLRY or any other stocks in the industry. The only one that I can see that MIGHT wind up working again is $IIPR, which is a REIT with a 4% yield. But that's not on my radar now either,....because the chart shows the stock in a downtrend. Remember the four phases of price movement: Phase 1 -- Accumulation Phase 2 -- Markup Phase 3 -- Distribution Phase 4 -- Markdown. We want to be in Phase 2 stocks. ONLY Phase 2 stocks. Any of the other three phases will, by definition, underperform Phase 2 stocks. Make sense?
- xjonez727: @DAN $APHA $ACB $CRON $CGC $TLRY $IIPR Agreed! I owned $APHA and $ACB prior to joining. Trying to find a good spot to exit and limit losses.
- Ajax4Hire: @DAN $APHA $ACB $CRON $CGC $TLRY $IIPR I don't like to trade in stocks below $10(1) and $CGC, $TLRY are in the "penalty box". $IIPR is below 200day-MA, 50day-MA, but $IIPR seems to have a good business model that is NOT closely tied to consumption. One day, cannabis/marijuana will lose its "hero" status and become a pariah like tobacco/cigarettes. The real money will be made when the tobacco companies buy these upstarts. $BTI, $PM, $MO, Reynolds (not public, was $RAI), $TYO, $LON are valued at $750B(total) $APHA $ACB $CRON $CGC $TLRY $IIPR are valued at $13B(total, that is generous). $PM pays more taxes($2.65B) than most of these companies value. Big Tobacco companies can easily consume any or all of the "Pot" stocks. (1) - sub-$10 stocks good for day trading but that can be exhausting and fraught with peril.
DAN: @xjonez727 $APHA $ACB $CRON $CGC $TLRY $IIPR Here's how I would look at it:
$ACB -- Just $3.51 above ultimate support. So you've got just $3.51 of risk.
$APHA -- That's 33% riskier -- with $4.50 room between current pricing and ultimate support. ...
- DAN: @Ajax4Hire $APHA $ACB $CRON $CGC $TLRY $IIPR $BTI $PM $MO $RAI $TYO $LON Yeah, I agree. Here's the thing about cannabis, tobacco, etc. I understand that cannabis has medicinal use on some level. I don't know anything about it -- I've tried CBD oil ...
- bigbartabs: @DAN $APHA $ACB $CRON $CGC $TLRY $IIPR ... I'm sure glad that the way I was wired put making money ahead of ego. The difference between living large and living on the street.
- DAN: @bigbartabs $APHA $ACB $CRON $CGC $TLRY $IIPR LOL. Living large vs. living on the street. Great way to look at it.
Tilray, Inc. ($TLRY) is confirmed to report earnings at approximately 4:05 PM ET on Tuesday, November 12, 2019. The consensus estimate is for a loss of $0.29 per share on revenue of $50.57 million and the Earnings Whisper ® number is ($0.36) per ...
- sierramp: @Sher $CRON $CGC $ACB $TLRY Thanks for taking the time to put this all in one spot for us.
- baronp0329: @Sher $CRON $CGC $ACB $TLRY Sher, very good summary of the Pot stocks . Thanks. They're tanking prior to their earnings. NP for now.
- baronp0329: Some implied moves for #earnings next week: $WIX 7.9% $NVDA 7.4% $OSTK 16.3% $TLRY 15.3% $HUYA 10.6% $YY 8.2% $AAP 7.1% $CSCO 5.0% $NTAP 9.5% $WMT 4.2% $SINA 8.7% $JD 6.7% $SAGE 10.4% $CGC 11.6% $GOOS 13.7% $AMAT 5.1% $CBS 5.6% $TWOU 13.6% $ACB 10.4% $CRON 12.0%
- baronp0329: Some earning for the week of Nov 11-15 $NVDA $WMT $CRON $CGC $CSCO $ACB $OSTK $DHI $NEPT $TLRY $JD $FOLD $GOOS $TSN $AAP $SWKS $JCP $AMAT $LK $CBS $SE $NBEV $DXC $HUYA $TME $YY $CGEN $CTEK $QRTEA $HIIQ $DF $WIX $TWOU $BEP $KEM $NOG $NTAP $SAGE $WB $VIAB $ROK $RETA $GO $TDW $ERJ
- bRobert: @traderbren $cgc washout created opportunity in many. $iipr. Now above 50d. $95 ish target Bottom in $cron. $tlry $mj as well
- bRobert: @Herb $CGC $MJ #PotStocks Most . are . Nice move in $TLRY $CRON . as well . Wash outs/capitulation can create great opportunities for swing trades once bottoms have formed and positive price action/momentum swings the stock in a northeasterly direction
- scottrades: My #Swing Notes: $SSO Good action today. Had a reason to fall (A Tweet or something) and it closed strong. $QLD Nice close at the top of the range. $GLD Continues Lower $SNBR Stopped out today. $AMAT A little choppy but holding the trend. Watch above 56.50 $COHU A little Flag forming. Watch above 20 $CURO Kind of a cup and Handle. Popped out of a squeeze. Watch above 15 $TILE High Base, but tightening up. $CRUS Alerted this one today. Watch for continuation next week. $CGC Biggest Bull volume we’ve had since May. Let’s see where this goes. Earnings Thursday $CRON Looks like it wants higher, but I don’t think it’ll get there in a straight line. Earnings Tuesday. $ACB Nice volume, and close near the High. Earnings Thursday $TLRY My least favorite stock. Could move higher, but remember the supply overhead. Earnings Tuesday.
- bRobert: $MJ . $CGC $CRON . $TLRY . Potential double bottoms , W i'm WATCHING . I watch a lot of things . Buy few. Costs nothing to be . a patient voyeur . $GBTC . Was one that I bought on the 50WEEK . bounce . Up close to 50% . A move . >20WEEK could add . 50% . to $17+ . A larger reversal pattern looms . $30 . target with completion of right shoulder and trigger Baby steps . Very technically polite n spec trade
- bRobert: $CGC $22/$26 $MJ $23+ $TLRY Early w's Watching High potential with reversal from washout . LOW risk with stop just below in this spec trade
- brett_anderson: @bRobert $CGC $MJ $TLRY noticed $CGC has a bit of a weekly base around 19.50
- bRobert: @brett_anderson $CGC $MJ $TLRY Still very early Scouting . High potential return if bottom in place and reversal gains steam.
- bRobert: $MJ . Has finally put in a W bottom Bullish higher right leg . /reversal base . $22/$24 . targets to start. $CGC . Early W . bottom $22/$26 . potential to start $CRON . Double bottom with bullish RSI divergences $9.50/$11+ . potential $TLRY . Double bottom possibility Missing green candle $IIPR . Bottoming action Still more work to do These are early . set ups . No position currently . Shorts covered I will be following these washed out stocks for a trade Spec trades Size does matter . Small works best until uptrend is clearly defined and upside momentum picks up
- DAN: Good morning. Stocks are up just a bit this morning. Did you notice that a Brexit deal has been made...though there's no telling whether the UK Parliament will ratify it. But it's big news...and the major indexes aren't reacting much at all. Not ...
- Herb: @bRobert $CGC $CRON $TLRY has gone from 300 to 20.65 in 13 months. Probably not returning to 300 any time soon. . . . .
- bRobert: @Herb $CGC $CRON $TLRY Better chance of 0 than $300
- Sluggo: @jr3345 $HIIQ $CGC $CRON $CGC $CRON $CGC $CRON $KBH $LGIH $FB $BYND $MCD $BYND $MCD $BYND $MCD $BYND $MCD $SPR $BA $QQQ $QQQ $ITB $LGIH $HOV $JBL $BA $SPY $XHB $ITB $SPY $XHB $ITB $SPY $XHB $ITB $CGC $CRON $HEXO $TLRY $VFF $URI $HRI $I $VMI $ALGN $I ...
- Sluggo: @bRobert $HIIQ $CGC $CRON $KBH $LGIH $FB $BYND $MCD $SPR $BA $QQQ $ITB $HOV $JBL $SPY $XHB $HEXO $TLRY $VFF $URI $HRI $I $VMI $ALGN $BX $KKR $SYK $KLAC $LRCX $TLT $XLU $GDX $XLF $JPM $GS $C $NOW $GOOS $ZBRA $psx $GOOGL $GLD $MTUM $FND $ESNT $CPRT $HX ...
- bRobert: $CRON Look to add puts on bounce /pb $CGC $TLRY No bounce Watching for short entries
- scottrades: Hey Team! Keep an eye on #PotStocks tomorrow. The House Of Representatives passed the #SafeBankingAct today which protects banks that work with Cannabis companies. Now, most of the charts aren't great and in significant downtrends, but we might be able to trade some momentum in the morning. Most are up modestly AH. $CGC $CRON $HEXO $TLRY $VFF News story: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/house-expected-to-pass-cannabis-banking-bill-but-getting-senates-ok-still-looks-tricky-2019-09-24
- bRobert: $CGC WEEKLY bear flag/phase 3 could test $10 if triggered < $22.50 Evaluating short $TLRY Could test $10 with move < $23.50 $MJ $19 Support broken These stocks have gone to pot. Soon not a pot to piss in
- bRobert: @scottrades $CGC $TLRY same
- bRobert: $CGC flag trigger /reversal $34 Target 1 $TLRY close to trigger $40 target 1 reversal
- Henry: @sierramp $CODI I don't look at it much and just saw the news that they sold Mannitoba Harvest for cash and $TLRY shares.
- sierramp: @Henry $CODI $TLRY ....and TLRY milestone payment of C$49M though it could be reduced if milestones not achieved. Sounds like a good deal. CODI characterizes it as 'unlocking shareholder value'. As @bRobert would say, looks like a good employee.
- bRobert: $TLRY $CGC Watching for flag triggers Long CGC leaps partial
- bRobert: $CGC $TLRY $CRON Flag watch $CGC 5/13 ema cross $33 with trigger Stop just below 20d good risk/reward
- efrain007: @bRobert $CGC $TLRY $CRON What's your trigger on $CGC
- bRobert: $HIIQ Will add > $20.1 $23 target 1 $TRHC $EHTH no triggers yet Will follow next week Same with $CGC $$TLRY
- champ: $TLRY @ $30.75, high risk but yesterdays news is still the driver.
- bRobert: $CGC flag I'm watching Partial long via leap calls $34+ with trigger $TLRY $CRON same set up. Flag Trigger will move them and attract attention
- bRobert: $CGC $TLRY $CRON Set alert s for bullish flag trigger/Defined low risk entries with upside
- bRobert: $CGC $CRON $TLRY Monitoring the pullbacks for higher lows and more evidence of trading bottoms. Patience will be rewarded if correct. Capitulation leads to good trades
Trading what you are a fan of. $UBER $LYFT $ACB $TLRY $CRON $CGC
$SPX -- Sputtering rally. Fed next week.
$DJI -- same.
$DJT -- nice move today.
$MDY -- money rotating into mid/small caps.
$IWM -- testing 50dma.
$NDX -- reversal today.
$FFTY -- an ...
- Rjeletrik: @scottrades $HEXO $ACB $CGC $CRON $CTST $GWPH $OGI $TLRY $APHA #PotStocks can you please explain you the short interest relates to the stock price ?
- Richlion1: @scottrades $HEXO $ACB $CGC $CRON $CTST $GWPH $OGI $TLRY $APHA #PotStocks Thank you Scott. I have some VFF after listening to you a few nights ago. Will add this week.
- scottrades: Hey Team! We saw some bounces in #PotStocks this week. A lot of it, triggered by short covering. I'm looking for some follow thought next week. Here's some current short interest on the majors: $HEXO: 7.9 Days $ACB: 9.6 Days $CGC: 7.1 Days $CRON: 9.4 Days $CTST: 2.5 Days $GWPH: 9.0 Days $OGI: 2.8 Days $TLRY: 3.6 Days $APHA: 6.1 Days
- bRobert: $CGC $CRON . $TLRY . Strong moves . testing 20d . MACD crosses . Extended Look for pb/bounces . Higher lows to start a position . Bottoms in .
- bRobert: @scottrades $CGC $HEXO #PotStocks Bottoms are forming in the usual suspects . $CRON . $CGC $TLRY . etc . Looking for the next pb/bounce to confirm and start printing higher highs/lows . Lots of upside possibility with a confirmed move TLRY testing 20d . Notorious resistance $40 . possible with reversal trigger move > 20d .
- bRobert: $TLRY $CGC Monitoring the bounce. for Higher low. Evidence of bottoming $STZ reversal triggered $225 target 1 Partial
- champ: $TLRY....a little News is moving this stock.
- Herb: @champ $TLRY This news? https://www.barrons.com/articles/wall-streets-first-marijuana-stock-bull-slashes-tilrays-price-target-51567524910?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo
- baronp0329: @Herb $TLRY Herb, Thanks. I read the article to be more negative news on Pot Stocks with this mega-bullish analyst cutting her PTs on $TLRY and $CRON. I didn't see it as a positive, just my opinion.
- champ: @Herb $TLRY --- Yes could be but there is also M&A speculation making the rounds, true or false is unknown, could be a rumor.
- champ: $TLRY...up over 19% ...
- Herb: @champ $TLRY on the day the lbiggest bull threw in the towel!
- champ: @Herb $TLRY --- Who did that...?
- bRobert: @champ $TLRY Looking to evaluate the pb/bounce for more evidence of bottom . Same with $CGC . No longer short . np
- champ: @bRobert $TLRY ...This was a Trade-only, off of News.....took the $$$'s, with 2 sells, out for now, moved-up $5.70, off of LOD.
- bRobert: $IIPR . $85 . h&s . target on breach $100 . Short via puts $CGC $TLRY . Not short currently . Can easily trade lower . still oozing out WEEKLY . chart bottom. Getting Closer to the bottom
- bRobert: @bsafriet $IIPR . Technical H&s . top . triggered < $100 . . Bearish sector Look at WEEKLY . $CGC $TLRY . $CRON . $MJ Short
- bsafriet: @bRobert $IIPR $CGC $TLRY $CRON $MJ Thanks @bRobert. I’ve been trading puts on $MJ, out for now, Looking at major support at the Dec 2018 low ($23.01). If this breaks I’ll be buying puts again. Back to $IIPR - look to be bottoming out. We’ve hit the H&S PT which also happens to be the higher side of support centered at 84.25. I’m gonna wait for confirmation, then may enter a long trade, stock or BuPS. Have a great weekend!
- bRobert: $CGC $20 $TLRY Still short via puts Trailing stops
- bRobert: $CGC $TLRY Puts sold for $$. Watching for possible bounce failure. trade closer to the end than the beginning. Diminishing returns
- bRobert: $CGC .Going lower $20 or below . 200d . meeting $TLRY .new low . May test IPO . price $20 or lower Every bounce sold . short $CGC . via puts
- bRobert: @gmj $IIPR The cannabis space is in a steep downtrend . $MJ WEEKLY cliff diving to low. WEEKLY $CGC $CRON $TLRY This will get sucked down as well . Still has a very respectable WEEKLY but bearish h&s tops forming that could project to $70 if triggered.
- bRobert: $ROKU . nh . Extended . Protect with trailing stops . $C . short via puts . Adding on failed bounces . $FXI . Looking for this to drop a shoe . WEEKLY h&s . top $40ish neckline $45 . head . Long puts . Partial . $DRIP . Working . $125 . $CGC . long puts . $20 and below . $TLRY . $20 . WEEKLY spout pouring out on cannabis trade . $MJ $CRON . $IIPR . very vulnerable by association h&s top $80 + 200d . with trigger ia puts . $UNH . $ANTM . Some day when political spotlight off, this may be a good counter trade . Not today .
- bRobert: $CGC . down 6% . I'm a bit embarrassed that I didn't . aggressively short earlier on the WEEKLY double top breakdown $40 range Classic and obvious . And in my time frame. I cut my longs on the failure at $50 . I should have taken it one step further and traded the dark side . Shorting is a matter of mind set. Trying to improve and balance my game . Same applies to WEEKLY charts of . $CRON $MJ $TLRY . Long term pain to longs . Lot of money left on the table .
- scottrades: @bRobert $CGC $CRON $MJ $TLRY To be fair to you, it did look like it was TRYING to bottom. Can't fight the overall market though.
- bRobert: @scottrades $CGC $CRON $MJ $TLRY Scott, I'm a WEEKLY chart first guy. This break down was obvious enough a while ago for me to significantly trim/cut long positions. I have made good money on the long side on these names . All I'm saying is that i have to be get more aggressive on the short side when the WEEKLY . is sending a clear message . Same as on long trades. A good WEEKLY chart short can go a very long way . Trading around a core, selling the big dips and buying the failed bounces , even better
- bRobert: $CGC . $TLRY . both down 6% . Stops raised Partial profits on shorts .
- bRobert: $TLRY . could retest IPO price. WEEKLY drip . out the bottom . Long trail of failed bounces . np . $CGC . WEEKLY . You would have been right to short from failure at $50 . Double top . Testing triple bottom. Weak bounce/failure could see test of 200WEEK . $20 np
- bigbartabs: @Robert1965 $SMH $SOXL $MU ... The last add I made to $SOXL was yesterday morning, back to a 200% position. I like how it is acting. Right now I only have 7 positions... $SOXL $UDOW $TECL $ZS $XRT $TLRY $HACK (last 3 starters). For the $SMH (that I use to make $SOXL buys and sells), only 2 of the top 10 in the ETF are down this morning... $TSM $ASML . Good luck buddy...
- Robert1965: @bigbartabs $SMH $SOXL $MU $UDOW $TECL $ZS $XRT $TLRY $HACK $TSM $ASML Thanks for your input
- Nepenthe: $NDAQ $TLRY Former pushing upper BB's northward, albeit ever so slowly, and on low volume, but above the 50 ma. NP, at the moment. Went instead for a spec play on TLRY at the low of day, which is where it is at present--yes a bit of bottom picking which means stinky fingers. But a few shekels down and will exit quickly if if if. And so it goes...
- traderbren: $TLRY - popping for some reason?!
- jlutzkanin: @traderbren $TLRY News - They see Canada profit in next quarter or two
- traderbren: @jlutzkanin $TLRY - ok, thanks. Move demand north of the border. ;-)
- billfumick: @traderbren $TLRY I bought some.... looks like the last 5 days of capitulation... Thx!
- shoredriver: $TLRY $ULTA...eyeballin.....
- bRobert: @shoredriver $TLRY $ULTA It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.
- shoredriver: @bRobert $TLRY $ULTA ...or some other ovoid organ......
- shoredriver: $TLRY...Reports tonight....watching.....
- jr3345: @bRobert $CRON $CGC $IIPR --earnings AMC for $TLRY, currently up 5.6%
- bRobert: @jr3345 $CRON $CGC $IIPR $TLRY Long term partial spec position.
- shoredriver: $TLRY...strong into close earnings on deck
- shoredriver: @shoredriver $TLRY ....Much higher revs...larger loss....down a bit...may be a play in the morning.....NP
- rsh1cpa: @shoredriver $TLRY ...I picked some up this am, liking last few trading sessions and long slow decline. Any positive news with 30% short posn would light this candle. If not, I don't mind owning a little more lower pxd and waiting.
- bRobert: $TLRY . the 20WEEK has served as a ceiling. A move/.hold above would be a bullish turn . A little WEEKLY pinch . Short squeeze .......a nice little run Baby steps
- debeers: $TLRY-Got smoked. Down 8% on earnings. It wasn't like you couldn't have figured this on e out in advance and gone to school on Canopy
- traderbren: $TLRY -- pushing higher! ;-)
- traderbren: @scottrades $CTST #PotStocks - great! Also, $TLRY appears to be squeezing as it trades sideways...may be getting ready for a leg higher.
- traderbren: $TLRY -- seeing some interest on the intra-day.
- bRobert: $CAR . Tighter consolidation. Reversal pattern . Higher used car prices go right to the bottom line. Reports 8/5 . Watching $CRON . $CGC . $TLRY . Long is wrong right now. Continues to break down
- bRobert: $CGC flag $39 with trigger $CRON WEEKLY bounce off support $20+ long term Not a day trade $TLRY Low risk entry Long term hold
|Stock Price||$USD 6.00|
Already a member? Sign in here.
- May 12th, 2020 - 2020 Q1 Earnings
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 69,200 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (69,200) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!