Tesla Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA)
Old Forum Content for TSLAMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- shoredriver: $TSLA....yessss....long a piece......
- AdrenalineTrade: $TSLA looking like it wants to squeeze the shorts, large 15 min candle and pullback very minor so far
- champ: $TSLA...trading stock, received a real nice upgrade from $MS, this morning with a new target price of $680.
- champ: $CLX, was HOD, still zig-zagging around...but the low on Friday was $191.70....all trading positions are fun size/gambling size, because Market Direction is always unknown, in a normal market and today isn't even close to being normal. .....and $TSLA, is never normal, only really crazy, is normal for this stock, entry is a must have.
- AdrenalineTrade: $TSLA bull flag 15 min chart, long. New HOD would confirm
- champ: @AdrenalineTrade $TSLA --- If the markets were to turn positive today, all stocks will follow but some will continue to out-perform...and there are more than a few that are working, for now...but for them to continue, we really do need a market... or this #chop will continue. .....All the positive green stocks have made their moves and that was the Set-up this morning...now the next Set-up is, traders are waiting for #Add-on-Timing, thats the hope.
- Motorman: $TSLA I had a small position that I closed for small profit after the MUSK tweet. Question is how do invest or trade a company that has a CEO who has a loose cannon. I know @DAN does not, smart person!
- Bwhitty: @Motorman $TSLA You have to follow him on twitter which is probably all he ever wanted anyway :)
- Motorman: @Bwhitty $TSLA Yup, lol!
- shoredriver: @scottrades $SPY ....$TSLA.....$SHOP.....$NFLX.....$NVDA........yeah, ZZZzzzzz
- jonwest88: @Motorman $TSLA funny Musk says it’s too high so it goes up 5%. Crazy
- AdrenalineTrade: $TSLA watch for break of 750.00
- champ: $SSO,...."Back to Work", is still ins play. I saw a lot of negative posts over the weekend and nothing has really changed, other than $AMZN and $AAPL, are both positive today, that always helps. The markets weren't really happy with $AMZN on Friday, but today is turning around Monday. .....Tomorrow is just another day for the Markets...but traders always have something to be concerned about and they always should, however the markets are all about timing and they always will be, nothing new really going, other than some States are starting to slowing go "Back to Work". And CNBC is still negative and that is nothing new either. .....$TSLA, is also doing what it always does, still dancing around, Out for RHRN..
- spmeyers: @Zawiedziony80 $TSLA You need to tell people your time frame for the trade -- 1 day, a few days, weeks, months -- "advice" will vary depending on that; and where did you buy it? the main thing is : where is your stop? but seriously, you have a $35,000 position in TSLA? you must have a very large account, so maybe you don't need my advice! :)
- HGIGuy: @Zawiedziony80 $TSLA Be sure to check out the many fine tutorials that Dan has prepared,
- Henry: @Zawiedziony80 $TSLA It's going to be under pressure today. David Einhorn tweeted about it. He doubts their accounting, attached is the tweet. I was wondering the same thing. Forum policy is usually to not discuss position size or gross dollar amounts. Suffice to say you have a significant position. For some here, that is 10x their trading account, for the pros that belong to this site, a position might be 7 or 8 figures.
- zman: @scottrades $TSLA who does that?
- sgiseller: @scottrades $TSLA he's right, I'm still waiting for my $250 re-entry :)
- EricF: @scottrades $TSLA Not always easy to to understand prodigal geniuses!
- brett_anderson: @scottrades $TSLA i thought you were kidding . . .
- Bwhitty: @scottrades $TSLA He probably shorted his own stock right before he tweeted LOL
- scottrades: Elon just Tweeted that $TSLA's stock price is too high. It's selling off a bit now...lol
- jlutzkanin: @scottrades $TSLA He wants to buy lower
- crank: @scottrades $TSLA He is a genius, always a method and reason for his cleverness.
- champ: @crank $TSLA ---- Funny but true, sell high and buy back at a lower price, I read that somewhere, that is simple to understand, even for those who are not a genius. Insiders can always buy and sell but they can't short their own stock.
- PRK: @scottrades $TSLA Wonder what he's smokin!!!
- ReneeH: @PRK $TSLA was his acct hacked again? composite man had the pw.
- Babutters: @zman $TSLA someone shorting maybe?
- Firemedic: @scottrades $TSLA I heard Joe Rogan was short
- Carpe_Diem: @scottrades $TSLA I heard that Elon went Clubing / Partying with The Champ last night! But seriously, He also tweeted that he will give away his house. Well he already did that a few years ago by way of a 1031. The circus plays on.
- DAN: Good morning. Stocks are mixed this morning, with Facebook ($FB) and Tesla ($TSLA) gapping up strongly. Personally, I'd be selling Facebook at the open for a trade. Nothing against the stock. But a gap of 6% after a 40% run from bottom to close ye ...
- Auto: $TSLA adding RHRN tight leash
- Junior1: @Auto $TSLA on the other side... below open print , below vwap. vwap as stop
- Auto: @Junior1 $TSLA yes I'm out turned long into short working 8>)
- Junior1: @Auto $TSLA clipped $11, target met... i'm out
- Auto: @Junior1 $TSLA I'm going to let the stock take me out $820ish on my short
- Auto: @Junior1 $TSLA looks like she wants to see PP
- Junior1: @Auto $TSLA I tend to leave money on the table with TSLA. Take what I can get... been whipsawed too many times. Good trade Auto!
- Auto: @Junior1 $TSLA Thank You covered my short at R2 $=8>)
- traderdl: $TSLA down 80 from open
- elanziv: Bearish daily reversal on $TSLA?
- DAN: Good morning. Futures are up today as the market waits for a pending Fed announcement and some states starting to ease back from martial law. (In California? Um, not so much. But we do have Tom Steyer advising our fearless leader on such things, ...
- Carpe_Diem: @DAN $GOOGL $TSLA $FB $CCL $RCL $NCLH $HA Hi Dan, Great Morning thoughts .... Would you consider putting the Casino stocks in that group as well? $LVS $WYNN $CZR $ERI $MGM come to mind.
- DAN: @Carpe_Diem $GOOGL $TSLA $FB $CCL $RCL $NCLH $HA $LVS $WYNN $CZR $ERI $MGM Thanks. Yeah, you could put them in the same category. Totally depends on the charts. Some of them have already been screaming for a while. $ERI is up 250% since the low last month. $MGM $CZR both up nearly 200%. So they're already moving nicely. I missed that group of stocks. Just didn't trade any of them, which is regretful.
- cgendro1: @DAN $GOOGL $TSLA $FB $CCL $RCL $NCLH $HA Dan, I think you are living in my head! Thanks for capturing my thoughts and articulating them better than I can. Thankfully, I live in FL and don't deal with the cult of celeb in CA...LOL! Now if I didn't have to deal with my poor family living in CT who have crazy restrictions, and trying to sell 2 homes in the northeast after my dad passing, life would be even better....yep, my unique troubles for sure :)
- metal: @DAN $GOOGL $TSLA $FB $CCL $RCL $NCLH $HA Matthew McConaughey was cool in "Dazed and Confused" and he wore a Ted Nugent and The Amboy Dukes "Tooth, Fang, and Claw" shirt in the movie, so he will get a hall pass from me. This pandemic reminds me somewhat of the AIDS crisis in the 80's in that we were all told we were at risk of dying. Not quite apples to apples, but it is close enough to cause one to think. Funny thing is that those who make a cottage industry out of "Resisting" seem to be falling in line.
- DAN: @metal $GOOGL $TSLA $FB $CCL $RCL $NCLH $HA You know what COVID and AIDS have in common? Seriously? Fauci. He was the guy instructing everyone NOT to say AIDS is being transmitted in the gay community b/c he didn't want to stigmatize them. Instead, he was declaring that it would spread throughout the entire population. And, of course, that never happened. But once a government bureaucrat, always a government bureaucrat. Competency is not a requirement for rising to the top. They say that the cream rises to the top. But so does the stuff in the porcelain bowl.
- Ajax4Hire: @DAN $GOOGL $TSLA $FB $CCL $RCL $NCLH $HA Those who cannot do, teach. Those who cannot teach, become a bureaucrat. I'm going to tweet that! Could probably chain to bottom with: Those who cannot, become politician.
- metal: @DAN $GOOGL $TSLA $FB $CCL $RCL $NCLH $HA Wow. I did not know the Fauci relation to my AIDS comment. Nice to get it right organically. I was always miffed by the words in "Imagine' also. No countries. God gave us countries by confounding the original language so that no one evil bastard could rule the world. That is also why He separated the geography. It stopped Hitler in France. Countries are fire breaks for sin's creep. The new Jerusalem will be a city of four walls and twelve gates. Walls and gates and BORDERS are His idea. Eloquence does not always equal intelligence, and intelligence does not mean one is wise. All that being said, I admit to having some serious feet of clay.
- DAN: @cgendro1 $GOOGL $TSLA $FB $CCL $RCL $NCLH $HA Yeah, we all have our own stuff. and I'm sorry to hear about your family with 2 homes for sale. That's kind of a nightmare. Everybody has their own stuff...but I think it's a good thing to be aware of ...
- DAN: @DAN $GOOGL $TSLA $FB $CCL $RCL $NCLH $HA I was really serious when I said that anyone who is being triggered by my note should just skip to the bottom...I even gave you the specific wording to the appropriate paragraph. Yet some have ignored that suggestion, but did manage to read the rest of the piece and thereby be triggered. In order to avoid hurting anyone's feelings in the future, and to avoid shaking your faith in our fearless and all-knowing leaders who are selflessly looking out for the rest of us, I shall refrain from any further utterances in the morning. No sense giving anyone any reason to question their beliefs. After all, no one ever does that anymore. We all know everything.
- zman: @DAN $GOOGL $TSLA $FB $CCL $RCL $NCLH $HA long time member and trader but just recently became active in forum. Have always appreciated your viewpoints even if I didn’t always agree. You don’t grow without TRULY HEARING other people’s opinions. No one is smart enough to know it all. We all need to be less ouchy. I absolutely enjoy and look forward to your morning thoughts. Helps me put my the right armor on for the days battle. I’ll bet the majority of the members are not “triggered” and would also appreciate you continuing the great leadership you display for SMM and OMM. Grace everybody...Grace!
- asaraiya: @DAN $GOOGL $TSLA $FB $CCL $RCL $NCLH $HA I for one enjoy the great opinion pieces! Keep them coming...factual and entertaining at the same time. There are millions of people that feel exactly the way you have expressed on the inside. Well written piece hope to see more of these kind of takes. Was straight FIRE!
- metal: @DAN $GOOGL $TSLA $FB $CCL $RCL $NCLH $HA I hope your comment was not on my account because I was agreeing with you. The eloquence does not equal intelligence or intelligence equal wisdom was a comment to those who think the lyrics in "Imagine" are smart. I agree with you. I am triggered to buttress what I believe are our overlapping world views.
- DAN: @metal $GOOGL $TSLA $FB $CCL $RCL $NCLH $HA Nope. Not at all. 8-)
- shoredriver: $TSLA... nice action after hours..long....
greenpatrol: $TSLA Here's some interesting Tesla stuff I just read:
Tesla filed an amendment to its 10-K yesterday. While this kind of filing is common, some of the disclosures were eye-popping.
For starters, D&O coverage (directors and officers in ...
- bogiedog1: @greenpatrol $TSLA Wow! Just verifies why Dan loves this guy so much...
- Carpe_Diem: @greenpatrol $TSLA Didn't Musk do a 1031 on his residence a few years ago and assigned it to $TSLA? Another head scratcher today. Guidance sounds shaky.
- greenpatrol: @Carpe_Diem $TSLA No idea. Sounds very plausible. Haven't really paid much attention to Musk. This just seemed a red flag and better to know than not. Be interesting to see if they do a secondary in the next few days.
- Carpe_Diem: @greenpatrol $TSLA I agree, A secondary is in the cards. CNBC just reported, if the share price is at a certain strike over the coming weeks, Musk cashes in bigtime. Wonder if Musk is coaching Powell ...... Or if it's the other way around.
- champ: @Carpe_Diem $TSLA --- Maybe they both have drinks together and a few smokes. I think I'm going to start drinking and smoking a little, then maybe I could hang out with them.
- DAN: @Carpe_Diem $TSLA Never bet against Tesla. This is a religion, not a stock. Also, I read a very interesting article about Tesla where the author laid out the case that Tesla is basically becoming a Chinese company. The article was very compelling and supported by an in-depth look at the contractual obligations between Tesla and the PRC. China is funding the company...and that means that Musk actually has virtually unlimited ways to get cash. Don't bet against him. (By the way, I'm not a fan. I think he's dishonest. BUT...that's totally irrelevant! The stock is on fire and absolutely ripping the faces off the short sellers.)
- champ: $SPY, the AH earnings movers are $FB, $TSLA, $MSFT....and $AMZN is a pre-earnings mover...up $47, in the AH's, RHRN, it is the largest normal $$$ gainer, but only if you don't count $TSLA, as a stock.. that is normal, it is a super-stock, that is owned by Superman, he was born on the planet Krypton and has the ability to fly, among other things, he also a U.S. spy.
- Brice: @champ $SPY $FB $TSLA $MSFT $AMZN Quite a resume (sounds like resumay)
- kbrowe: @Brice $SPY $FB $TSLA $MSFT $AMZN Add $NOW to that list, another bet on cloud computing, and business moving to the cloud. In fact, COVID-19 is accelerating that transition.
- DAN: @greenpatrol $TSLA this guy has a criminal mind the likes of which I have never seen before. Truly remarkable.
- Carpe_Diem: @champ $TSLA Drinks and Smokes with Powell and Musk ........ Just be careful when the Three Card Monte breaks out!
- Carpe_Diem: @DAN $TSLA Interesting article indeed. I agree, It is a cult/religion. Makes my head spin when I read the financials. I've done very little trading of it. No rhyme or reason.
- Auto: $AXSM short working $SDGR gift this morning added $TSLA Boom! added $NLOK HS Thanks Dan working added
- shoredriver: $TSLA moving into earrings Wed....
- Junior1: @shoredriver $TSLA 800.0 should be an interesting level. well above R3 and VWAP
- geotheo: $VTIQ Big move, 14%, today!.News on the 22nd about Daimler & Volvo looking at fuel cells. Or maybe this is a play moving into $TSLA earning.
- Bert953: $TSLA up 10% today.
- scottrades: Another busy #Earnings Week! $AMZN $TSLA $MSFT $AAPL $AMD $BA $FB $LUV $MMM $GE $AAL $UPS $TWTR $PFE $CBSH $PEP $MA $GOOGL $GILD $SBUX $UAL $V $SPOT $MCD $XOM $F $CAT $TDOC $AMAT $AWI $CHKP $MRK $ABBV $WHR $QCOM $BP $KHC $CLX $HAS $ANTM $NOK $CMS $CNX $APRN
- Sparrows: @scottrades $AMZN $TSLA $MSFT $AAPL $AMD $BA $FB $LUV $MMM $GE $AAL $UPS $TWTR $PFE $CBSH $PEP $MA $GOOGL $GILD $SBUX $UAL $V $SPOT $MCD $XOM $F $CAT $TDOC $AMAT $AWI $CHKP $MRK $ABBV $WHR $QCOM $BP $KHC $CLX $HAS $ANTM $NOK $CMS $CNX $APRN #Earnings Thanks Scott! with that line up on Thursday AMC, Friday is going to be a lot of fun!
- Bitman320: @charles23phelps $TSLA $NIO #CHINA What do you think about $NIO now? I got in around 3.07
- glens13: $TSLA - perking up - may pin the $740 strike. bought the $720 calls expiring today for a scalp
$TSLA -- Same type of coiling pattern that we see in other stocks. I can’t trade this, but you can.
$URI -- Squeezing now.
$WGO -- This could be the vacation of tomorrow.
$RDVT -- Rebound off 200-day MA. Very heavy now...stop below Thursday& ...
- charles23phelps: #CHINA China passed new regulations surrounding EV Tax Credits... To qualify for the EV credit when purchasing new wheels the car must cost less than 300k and must have battery swapping technology... This will be a HUGE hit to $TSLA as their cars cost way more than 300k (Renminbi) as well as their battery technology does not allow for the 10 minute battery swap and you're on your way again. companies like $NIO are in a strong position to see a spike. Looks like countries are moving in the direction of taking care of their own. $NIO is up big pre-market.
- traderbren: #Eyeing -- some to keep an eye on: - $TDOC, $ZM, $GILD, $ROKU, $LVS (gapping up, but watch what happens), $TGT (could be a 59min / bounce trade), $VZ, $TSLA (for those quick on the trigger), and $AMZN
- Auto: $TSLA getting some love RHRN added
- shoredriver: @Auto $TSLA ....staring a run into earnings 4/29.....
- Auto: $TSLA awake in a red tape
- scottrades: $TSLA is pretty tight here. Interested to see if there's a counter reaction because of Oil.
- AdrenalineTrade: @rck89 $SHOP Cult stock like $tsla
- brett_anderson: $TSLA (ya, ya, ya, i know) -- gave us a nice opportunity this morning to define yesterday's high as a support or resistance.
- Auto: @brett_anderson $TSLA bull engulf yesterday on the daily I added this morning
- traderdl: $TSLA lod
- Auto: $TSLA bull engulf on the daily added
- Brice: @Auto $TSLA With a stop where?
- Auto: @Brice $TSLA stop $692.10
- scottrades: $TSLA breaking the low of day.
- Egmagur: @scottrades $TSLA Such a cult classic. Who is out buying cars right now? Who will be buying them a month from now? I know you are talking technicals, but it is such a fundamentally weird story.
- scottrades: @Egmagur $TSLA I'm not smart enough to know why the stock trades the way it does.
- Brice: @Egmagur $TSLA Their sales in China are up
- shoredriver: $TSLA...still cooking .....
- brett_anderson: $NBEV broke AVWAP yesterday, broke prior $1.32 resistance, gap up this morning $APHA similar to NBEV, sitting just over the 50 dMA, zoom out to a weekly $BTG resistance at 4.93 (I'm in @ 4.23) $EGO sweet trade yesterday, sold some and am holding for now, looking to see it break $11 or so $SHOP broke the 50 dMA, missed it, but looking for an entry if it tests $TSLA SMH... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ $ZS 8 d EMA has been support, could be a small DT w/ defined risk
|Stock Price||$USD 1,485.00|
Tesla Motors,Inc., designs, develops, manufactures and sells high-performance fully electric vehicles and advanced electric vehicle powertrain components.Request Video of TSLA
Already a member? Sign in here.
- A look at Tesla Motors Inc. (TSLA) -- This electric car maker is on fire.By Dan December 3rd, 2013
- Tesla Motors Inc. -- In the Shop for RepairsBy Dan November 6th, 2013
- A look at Tesla Motors before Q2 earnings are released.By Dan August 7th, 2013
- October 21st, 2020 - 2020 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 7.22 59.31%
- $USD 229.15 38.06%
- $USD 8.12 35.39%
- $USD 15.52 -29.86%
- $USD 5.58 -18.74%
- $USD 60.41 -9.14%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 72,600 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (72,600) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!