The Trade Desk Inc. (NASDAQ:TTD)
Old Forum Content for TTDMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- jjohn: $TTD running
- vatradergreg: $TTD running from yesterday. One of the only that I added yesterday. After looking at my numbers over the last few months, the trend was clear in my trading. OVERTRADING, taking 5-10% when the moves really had 15-20% or more. Working really hard on patience. If anyone has any tips or suggestions, I'm all ears on ways to improve.
- bRobert: @vatradergreg $TTD Yoga Learn to be comfortable holding a position for a longer time Take partials at particular way points Not all out Use WEEKLY charts to see the big picture Where the stock is heading with price targets Over trading can seriously impair profits Hard to time all those trades well and get back in If it's behaving in a longer time frame chart be patient Again partial profits at shorter term target areas APPROPRIATE Trailing stops Stay in the trade Hardest thing to do is hold a big winner Crazy but true
- bsnceo: @bRobert $TTD I totally get that. I have a nice size gain in $NAIL (around 30%) and now that posn is almost half of the account size. Mostly sitting on hands, watching.
- vatradergreg: @bRobert $TTD thanks bRobert! I've been working the growing pains of setting trailers attributable to 8MA, 21MA trend lines, as well as using the simple back stop for dollar figure gain I want as a minimum. Having a hard time finding out what works best for me. You have a great point regarding using the WEEKLY to access things and have incorporated it so much more in the last 6 months. Its truly an art finding that number for your positions to where you take advantage of additional upside and hedge against the downside. Working at it everyday! Maybe you're right, time to take up some Yoga and get the Bhujangasana going idk???
- vatradergreg: Buying some $TTD as well. Stop at 455.68.
- Bwhitty: $TTD Big boy looking to get out of a squeeze.
- greenpatrol: $TTD just triggered an inside week and up at 484.00
- Bwhitty: @greenpatrol $TTD I took position this AM looking to add at 485.
- bla00109: $TTD #upward sloping wedges ---What does Dan say about these upward sloping wedges?
- Bwhitty: @bla00109 $TTD #upward Less reliable then downward but $TTD is a reliable vehicle in general with me. Would have liked the bands a tad tighter but I have a position this AM.
- chrismibs: $TTD - Looking interesting here; rising 50dma and consolidating along the middle bb since its ATH on 8-7
- Bwhitty: @sierramp $ISGR Volume although I have another alert at 700 to look at it. Some of these like $TTD would climb higher on low volume. Those are nice when you are already sitting in it.
DAN: Re/ the FANG stocks I mentioned in yesterday’s forum:
$FB -- Still holding above the 8-day EMA. I don’t like it here as a new entry because it’s still pretty choppy. Frankly, it could move either way from here, though I do believ ...
$TTD -- Trying for a Phase 3 move...but still in a bit of congestion. Look familiar? When many stocks are printing the same pattern, the resolution of those stocks also tends to be pretty identical. Definitely something to watch, though today isn&r ...
- Bert953: @DAN $SPX $DJI $DJT $NDX $CLOU $ZS $COUP $ADBE $FNGU $FB $AMZN $AAPL $NFLX $NVDA $GOOGL $FVRR $MODN $CHGG $ISRG $ZM $TTD $DOCU $TMHC $LGIH $NOW $AVAV $TSCO $EBAY $TDOC $SLV $DPZ thanks for sending them so early, gives us a chance to review and make decisions before the close.
- spmeyers: Phase 3 watch: $CGNX, $ATVI, $LHCG, $LOVE, $NTRA (triggered today), $TTD
- Angdionk: $TTD bouncing off 20dma
- Ruthboone: $TTD what happened? Just returned from getting a cast (to old to be be playing basketball with grandchildren). Don’t see any news
$IMAB - Alert $31.30
$CROX -- Alert $40 and 36.50
$NOW - Looking for a buyable low.
$MKTX -- Pinching. Setting up. Watch 50-day MA. Alert $519
$KLAC -- Alert $208
$NET -- What’s wrong with this?
$ADBE -- This needs to tighten up a LOT. ...
- champ: $TTD ...nice beat and guided higher.
- mihaela14: @scottrades $SQ me too took a partial profit. What is your take on $TTD
- Bwhitty: @mihaela14 $SQ $TTD If it ain't broke 😉 should have a ST. in front of it because all it does is give.
- Ruthboone: $TTD. Closed out most of my position. holding only a small position into earnings and will look for a pull back by
- Ruthboone: $TTD. Any news other than earnings Thursday?
- Bwhitty: $TTD could be a clean break away from 450 if it breaks out at this level blue sky's the limit!
- Bwhitty: $TTD pulling away from the station.
- ikkyu000: @scottrades $CLX $BYND $SQ $MRNA $ROKU $FSLY $TSN $ATVI $CHGG $CVS $W $DIS $MELI $GPN $SPCE $TWLO $CMS $LVGO $MCK $AMRN $ETSY $PLUG $NET $BMY $RACE $TTWO $MPC $MPLX $ZNGA $DBX $DDOG $UBER $WIX $KOS $TTD $ENPH $CRON $BP $TEVA $PENN $FVRR $RNG #Earnings Thanks so much for the list. If you could post a list every week during earnings season, that would be great. I plug the symbols into a watchlist to watch for intraday snap-back reversals (my favorite kind of trade).
- Bwhitty: $TTD if someone already mentioned I missed it. At ATH. If you bought a ticket at 450 already in a good place.
$TTD -- Popped out of that pattern for 5%.
$TMUS -- Earnings on Thursday. Buy any dip.
$COUP -- Alert $320
$SPLK -- Breaking to new high. Strong trend.
$SWKS -- Watch for any pullback to get in.
$RCII -- Looking like $SHOP. Not a great fu ...
- scottrades: Some #Earnings to be aware of next week. $CLX $BYND $SQ $MRNA $ROKU $FSLY $TSN $ATVI $CHGG $CVS $W $DIS $MELI $GPN $SPCE $TWLO $CMS $LVGO $MCK $AMRN $ETSY $PLUG $NET $BMY $RACE $TTWO $MPC $MPLX $ZNGA $DBX $DDOG $UBER $WIX $KOS $TTD $ENPH $CRON $BP $TEVA $PENN $FVRR $RNG
- Bwhitty: Watching $MU, $TTD and $ADBE this AM. Stocks that were given permission to breakout.
- Bwhitty: $TTD long from below looking to add above 441.81
- Bwhitty: $TTD confirmation
- Bwhitty: $TTD tons of volume here.
- Bwhitty: $TTD don't call it a comeback return to HOD
- Bwhitty: $TGT I don't trust it sold position. $TMUS looks legit. And added to $TTD
$TTD -- Alert $450
$ZM -- Holding above $240. Forming the bottom of the base. Alert $270
- Ruthboone: $TTD anyone have an earnings date on $TTD
- Bwhitty: @Ruthboone $TTD Platform says 8/06
- Ruthboone: @Bwhitty $TTD thank you. I was having computer issue
- scottto_2: @bRobert #WeeklyCharts Screen - Here's the output of my latest iteration of the screener let me know how these look to you (if you feel like it). $ADBE $ADSK $AMRC $AMT $AVLR $AYX $BILI $BL $BLK $CCH $CCI $CDAY $CHWY $COR $CRM $CRNC $CRWD $CSGP $DDOG $DOCU $DT $EBAY $ETSY $FB $FIVN $FMCI $FSLY $FUTU $GSX $HCCH $HUBS $INSU $IPHI $MCO $MELI $MODN $MRVL $NET $NIU $NTES $OKTA $OOMA $OPES $PDD $PLMR $PRPL $PTON $RPAY $SAIA $SE $SHLL $SNPS $SPLK $SQ $SVMK $TDOC $TMUS $TTD $WGO $WIX $WKHS $WMT $ZM $ZTO This is the unedited list from the screen. I haven't checked them all but there are many familiar faces in there. Cheers, S
- Bwhitty: $TTD really strong recovery this AM. Bought in at 415 wish I took larger position.
- Tinker97: $fsly $ttd $ddog $shop all are looking the same wiht nice action no yet but are on watch lists. After learning here I see alot of my trades all looking the same which is a nice thing :)
$TTD -- Worked out well. Just lost track of it. Wouldn’t buy it here.
$AUDC -- setting up for a low entry. Alert $33.75
$TDOC -- stopped yesterday at 214.60 for 22% gain.. Buyable here….but the trade is just different.
- Kimberley: $TTD $TWLO $FVRR starting to move up, liking the weekly chart on all 3
- Kimberley: $FVRR $TWLO $TTD $BABA as with most Tech stocks 50 DMA moving above 200 DMA on 1 MIN Chart bullish sign
- mihaela14: Anyone still holding $ttd? I have a leftover position from $381. Any thoughts @scottrades
- jonwest88: @mihaela14 $ttd Still holding my shares from Oct and Dec 2019 ~ $211 avg cost. Sold off way too early in jan @279 and 242 in late April 2020. They were 25 % of my shares, still holding 75%.
- mihaela14: @jonwest88 $ttd ok thank you for your input
- bRobert: $WIX $CRWD $TTD. many others A lot of profit taking. in many tech stocks. I took some in several that were extended. I may add to my $QQQ. puts
$TTD -- Still running. Use the 8-day EMA as a reference for trend.
$MKTX -- Close to breaking out. Fakeout today...but this stock looks good. Alert $531.43.
$AMZN -- Use the weekly chart. Relative to the cost of money, this is NOT an expensive ...
- Richlion1: $TTD moving, yesterday was the breakout. ATH
- bRobert: $AYX. nh. WEEKLY breakout just getting started $230. target. Add on pb/bounces. One of my favorites. for. %. gain from here along with $CRWD $MDB. $260. Another long WEEKLY base. breakout $TTD. $450. target. hasn't changed. trailing stops
- bRobert: $TTD. $450. next target ahead. Trailers
- Bwhitty: $TTD still a strong contender in my account. During pull backs still creating higher highs and higher lows.
- bRobert: $AYX I wanted this one to come in more Powerful WEEKLY consolidation and fresh breakout $220 I held off today Looking for a better entry next week $WIX bought the dip $220 target Armor plated $TTD hedged but holding $450 target $CRWD Took a partial . $92 may be the low with another shoe drop . $150+ WEEKLY CUP
- champ: $TTD, HOD--up $20.00
- bRobert: @champ $TTD $450/$500. Long leap calls. I had covered calls. Bought back on the dip
- Bwhitty: $TTD touched 8 day. I missed it but hope someone gabbed it.
- pebbles: @Bwhitty $TTD back down again
- Bwhitty: @pebbles $TTD buying real estate while the town burns. I bought in. Lets see how it goes.
- Bs7518: $TTD added
- GMac10: @bRobert $W - Big moves down on relatively low volume across the board. Does the lack of volume in this move make you less fearful this is distribution and more likely to buy dips, or am I looking at this wrong? $COUP $OKTA $SQ $TTD
- bRobert: @GMac10 $W $COUP $OKTA $SQ $TTD The strong stocks quickly recover from these low volume sell offs. Just be patient. If things cascade low volume can evolve into high volume Don't pick bottoms You can have a target area , but Let the price action confirm your thesis before jumping in with $$
- bRobert: $TTD Orderly walk up to $450 Strong and long from below
- Shamus.rickerby: $TTD what is this pattern? it seems to open higher than the previous close, then close lower than the open, yet higher than previous close... slowly stepping up.
- scottrades: @Shamus.rickerby $TTD What time frame are you looking at?
- Shamus.rickerby: @scottrades $TTD daily. maybe im looking too short term? its possible i'm looking for something that isnt there...
- scottrades: @Shamus.rickerby $TTD Daily chart is just in an Uptrend. It keeps hitting Higher Highs and Higher Lows.
- Shamus.rickerby: @scottrades $TTD gotcha. Thanks! is this a point that you would look to get into if there was a large volume move? or best not to chase?
- scottrades: @Shamus.rickerby $TTD Not in my opinion. I like to buy a stocks Coming Out of a Base on Higher Than Average Volume. I'd highlighted a few of what I would call "Buy Days" where you could have entered the stock and the BEST entry has a #1 ribbon on it. This is now a trade that someone who is holding should be taking profits on. Hope that helps!
- bRobert: @Shamus.rickerby $TTD Daily chart is extraordinarily bullish WEEKLY This stock traded sideways for nearly a year before breaking out in MAY $500 stock club for longer term holders
- Shamus.rickerby: @bRobert $TTD thanks for the insight gents. Still learning, working on building up the confidence before i jump in with both feet.
- bRobert: @Shamus.rickerby $TTD Trade small with fewer positions or paper trade until you have honed your risk management skills and can show a propensity for making a profit on your work Less is more Easier to carefully manage a small office of good employees than run a big division .
- Bwhitty: $TTD looks to be creating new support right at 400
- bRobert: @Bwhitty $TTD $450. next target
- MtChet: $TTD - ATH
- bRobert: @MtChet $TTD $400 target 1 $450 to follow Not straight up
- GMac10: @scottrades - with tech and broader market reversing today, would you be looking to reduce any positions and take some profits after this big run, or do you see nothing to worry about yet? My time frame to hold is generally weeks or months, not swing trades $NET $COUP $SQ $TTD $AYX
$TTD -- Closed this too soon.
$NET -- This is your exit.
$SHOP -- Use trailing stops on this.
$VIPS -- Still printing higher highs and lows. Alert $20.50
$QDEL -- Soaking up supply at $210. Watching for more upside here.
$CODX -- The Captain Ahab ...
- bRobert: $TTD Nearing $400 target 1 $450 longer term
- Bwhitty: @bRobert $TTD Sold high yesterday was looking to grab on a pull back... Wrong
- bRobert: $TTD consider some partials at $399 I usually take partials after major technical targets are acquired and nice round numbers eg $400 Raise trailing stops up $450 longer term NOT straight up Relatively recent breakout from long WEEKLY consolidation
- bRobert: @Bwhitty $TTD Buy in scales Sell in scales . Look at $YY. Continues to run Many others. $450. longer term. You will get another good entry soon
- Bwhitty: $TTD Look at it :)
- scottrades: @Bwhitty $TTD
- Bwhitty: @scottrades $TTD This man gets me LOL
- bRobert: @Bwhitty $TTD $400 measured move target $450. # 2
- Bwhitty: @bRobert $TTD just keeps giving. You taking partials at 400 or closing out?
- bRobert: @Bwhitty $TTD Take partials. Raise stops SELL premium
- Bwhitty: @bRobert $TTD Thx! Little Volume pick up. May happen before lunch.
- Bwhitty: $SPY $BYND $TTD $BA Volume coning into pre-market
- lostsheep: @Bwhitty $SPY $BYND $TTD $BA Ahhhh Basking in the warm glow of stimulus induced gains. Throw another trillion on the fire.
- Bwhitty: @lostsheep $SPY $BYND $TTD $BA That hit me really funny. I know right!?
- Bwhitty: @lostsheep $SPY $BYND $TTD $BA Your stocks are doubling but your new 2 bedroom home in Atlanta costs 5 million :)
- bRobert: $TTD $400 flag target Doing nothing wrong
- bRobert: $SHOP High base setting up Rising 50d entering the neighborhood $1000 breakout target IF/when $TTD Nice tight chart $400/$450 /$500 Long
- bRobert: $TTD. $400+. falg target. $W. $260. with trigger. $PTON. $60 with breakout. High base.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $TTD The Trade Desk Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=TTD&clip=124146
|Stock Price||$USD 873.10|
The Trade Desk Inc provides technology platform for ad buyers. It provides a self-service platform that enables clients to purchase and manage data-driven digital advertising campaigns using their own teams.Request Video of TTD
Already a member? Sign in here.
- February 25th, 2021 - 2020 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 174.90 96.49%
- $USD 20.86 73.62%
- $USD 34.83 59.24%
- $USD 11.43 -43.68%
- $USD 18.49 -34.24%
- $USD 55.42 -20.65%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 75,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (75,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!