Veeva Systems Inc. Class A (NYSE:VEEV)
Old Forum Content for VEEVMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
$VEEV -- can pull back a bit more. This is not a buying opportunity. Still on trend, but very overbought and extended.
$WDAY -- learn from this pattern. How many true buying opportunities have there been?
$WK -- time to buy on this pb to 20-day ...
$VEEV – status quo
$WDAY – at top of channel. Wait for next pullback to 50-day MA, which could take a while. If actively trading, consider taking a bit off the table on this peak, though the stock is still working fine.
$WING – ac ...
$VEEV -- high squeeze. Alert $174
$OLED -- Start a position here, with a stop to define risk.
$OMCL -- “hammer” pattern. Still early here...but if buying, keep your stop below 50-day MA (which is at $82.96). Consider $81.95.
$VEEV – squeezing here. Solid uptrend.
$WDAY – 50-day MA support.
$WING – 8 day ma support
$WK – starting to accelerate. 20-day MA support
$ZS – popping above $80 resistance. 20-day MA support
$DIN &ndas ...
- Sher: Taking profits on several call positions: $AU, $ICE, $KBH, $PAYS, and $SPLK. Couple of adds: $VEEV and $ZS (thanks @Dan!)
$VEEV -- pullback is holding up. Likely to consolidate here, with support at 50-day MA.
$PAYC -- Looks like WK. Same approach.
$ULTA -- flat 50-day MA. Still forming choppy base. Watch for support at 50-day MA. Not a solid base and this definitel ...
DAN: #GrowthStocks -- Some of these are acting well in a lousy tape. Others aren't.
First: $PLNT is not on this list any longer. I've been squawking about the action in this stock for a while because of the steep selloff and suggesting that it be avoid ...
- Spotdog: @DAN $PLNT $LHCG $CYBR $IIPR $GLOB $VEEV $ZS $EHTH $ULTA $AMZN $ADBE $LULU $PAYC $WK $TEAM $COUP $TWLO #GrowthStocks @DAN "Aligator arms" can also be a reference to someone that never seems to grab the lunch bill before you do
- DAN: @Spotdog $PLNT $LHCG $CYBR $IIPR $GLOB $VEEV $ZS $EHTH $ULTA $AMZN $ADBE $LULU $PAYC $WK $TEAM $COUP $TWLO #GrowthStocks LOL. Yeah, I've known people like that. Irritating...and always end up in the category of "people that I used to know."
$VEEV – resting. Pretty impressive strength. Seems like it should be lower after the post-earnings run. Would want to buy this on any pullback, but you’ll need to be patient.
$CYBR – weekly chart shows the steep rally.
$TWLO & ...
- Robert1965: $GLOB $TWLO $VEEV all approaching YDH missed until now
$WING & $VEEV – super strong. Too hot to buy…but not to hold.
$PAYC – new addition. Extended. Add on pullbacks.
$WK—want to let this settle down. Still working off the big selloff/recovery.
$EHTH – looks like a ...
$VEEV – Phase 2.
$NOW – breakdown. Big distribution.
$WDAY – broken on volume
$TWLO – This stock looks like it’s about to roll over.
$GLOB – not good price action. Now below last week’s big high.
$COUP &nda ...
- traderbren: $VEEV - pushing higher here.
- DAN: Current Growth Stock List. Added: PAYC Deleted: None All stocks are positive, with $TNDM $CYBR $IIPR $VEEV and $GLOB being the standouts. I'll cover some of them this weekend -- those that are at low risk buy levels. Dan
$VEEV – Know when to sell. Should be taking partial profits here. Support is the 50-day MA. Plan accordingly.
$GLOB – Know when to sell. Sell 1/3rd now. 1/3rd at $87.75. Other half below $85 (or below $80 is you have a longer holding ...
- puttz: $VEEV Running after earnings. When do you sell a small position?
- 86944T: @puttz $VEEV Unfortunately, yesterday.
- puttz: @86944T $VEEV Up 12% ?
- puttz: @puttz $VEEV Out at 153.00 Like Dan said not a lot of dollars but 13% gain.
- DAN: @puttz $VEEV Great trade, puttz. Ka Ching!
$VEEV – Breakaway gap? Stop below $145.
$TNDM – Alert $70.20
$EHTH – Nice squirt out the top.
$MDB – still holding above $135. Earnings next week. Alert $140.
$CGC – trading off 50-day MA. I wouldn’t buy here b ...
- Jazman0013: @rachel $BYND $SOLY $SPX $NDX $DJI $DJT $TNX $DJUSBK $GS $MS $JPM $TAN $FSLR $SPWR $ZS $TWLO $VEEV $TNDM $EHTH $MDB $CGC a huge Thank you for posting the notes!!! Sometimes it gets late and what is left of me misses parts of the videos by the time I get to watch. :)
- Herb: $VEEV up nicely.
- Mpower27: @Herb $VEEV how do you figure? Wrong ticker?
- Herb: @Mpower27 $VEEV Post market
$VEEV – tomorrow (Wednesday)
$COUP – Earnings Monday 6/3
$OLLI – Earnings Thursday 6/6
$ZS – Thursday. I took some off today.
$WK – raise stop to $52.95.
$GLOB – take some profits here and keep a stop below ...
$VEEV – good stock, but the uptrend isn’t giving much of a buying opp b/c the stock doesn’t consolidate.
$WDAY – Watch for pullback closer to $200.
$WING – nice steady drift.
$WK – drifting higher. Watch for tags ...
- debeers: $BA-from Reuters---U.S. Federal Aviation Administration told members of the United nations aviation agency they expect an un-grounding of Boeing Co.'s 737 Max jets as early as late June although timetable still isn't firm. i am expecting 150 hours sim will still be needed. We may not be at the end but we are closer to the start of the recovery. Added a skosh.LONG Critical to the airlines summer travel. I sold BA when it broke the 50% fib at 365 and re-bought at 333 with the idea that if it ever got to 288, i'd double down. $AXSM- looked frightening temporarily down 10% ( and it was toppy) but recovered 5% of that when folks realized that the big presentation is on the 29th-31st and Monday we're closed.LONG $BOOT-down a shocking 8 cents today. O the horrors! LONG $VEEV-reports on the 29th and what they do has nada to do with tariffs or China.LONG
$VEEV – holding this.
$NOW – trying to build a new box.
$CYBR – this is still working...though slowing.
$GLOB – inside day.
$TNDM – still forming a base. Alert $72.10
$EHTH – still forming a base.
- bRobert: $VEEV Holding stock....Not a trading stock. Close to 20d is reasonable entry HERE
- issues: @bRobert $VEEV waiting for earnings on 5/29 to try to buy on the "cheap."
- Hans_Schultz1: $VEEV back near the high
- bRobert: @Hans_Schultz1 $VEEV A sleep well under the pillow, long term hold. No drama
4. $VEEV – good uptrend. Easy to hold.
5. $WK – good uptrend.
6. $NOW – building a high base after breakout. Support at $260.
7. $WDAY – buyable here.
8. $PLNT – steep run. Hard to buy. Protect profits with trailing st ...
- shoredriver: @Hans_Schultz1 $VEEV ...well the door is cracked open a bit this morning.....
- shoredriver: @Hans_Schultz1 $VEEV ..earnings on the 29th...maybe that will provide your entry.....
- bsafriet: @Hans_Schultz1 $VEEV Thanks for sharing your notes. I've been watching $VEEV for some time, have had a position a couple of times and have always been stopped out. I probably kept to tight a stop on this one. Like you, waiting for an entry. I agree with shoredriver that E/R may provide an opportunity. Best wishes.
Hans_Schultz1: $VEEV Earnings: May 29th
Since this GSL name is doing well during this volatile period, thought I would get to know the details behind the ticker. Sharing my no ...
- bRobert: $VEEV $140 target acquired Good employee Stops raised
$VEEV - Still going after test of 50-day MA
$WDAY - Popping out of VS on volume. Alert $205
$WING - Stalling here, but good to hold. Use stop below 20-day MA.
$WK - Squeezing. Alert $52.65
$TAL – still going. Breakout high. Stop belo ...
$VEEV – Growth stock. Still working. Just hold it through this volatility.
$NOW – Growth Stock. Buy trigger would be a move above $250. Earnings on Wednesday.
$TEAM – Growth Stock. This is the rebound I mentioned. Broken...I wo ...
- Spotdog: $VEEV Showing some promise this morning
- bRobert: @Spotdog $VEEV nh. Not a good buy zone. Easy hold with trailers. Great stock Long term hold Look for better entry. pb/bounce > the breakout or pb/b closer to the 20d
- Spotdog: @bRobert $VEEV Did not buy. Have been holding
$VEEV – Just hold it. Very steep and I question upside from here vs. settling into a range. Work on your patience rather than eagerness for quick gratification.
$WDAY – tightening with $200 ceiling. Next buy would be a breakout above ...
$VEEV – still working.
$NOW – still in trend. Price target was $260. It hit $252. Time to take profits.
$CYBR – in trend...but overbought.
$DATA – typical volatile action. Watch 50-day MA.
$GHDX – this is breaking do ...
- bRobert: $VEEV I can't give enough praise to this stock. Long term hold nh $130 target close. Buy closer to 20d.
- traderbren: $VEEV - trying to regain the 20d. Looks constructive. NP as yet.
- bRobert: @traderbren $VEEV Added small piece. Not many opportunities
- bRobert: $VEEV Next week's shopping list
- bRobert: $VEEV I've been waiting for this to come in and offer a better entry. Not today but we're getting there. Rising 50d approaching Looking for a rendezvous
- bRobert: $VEEV Consolidation. W daily. Squeezing ever so much .. Long term hold. Very strong stock
- shoredriver: $VEEV...continues it's crap after small earnings gap...np...
- traderbren: $VEEV - a bearish hammer on today's price action.
- issues: $Veev reports AH. Looks to be $120 even! Maybe they didn't report yet. Holding my breath. $T ; AT&T Inc scored a key win on Tuesday when a U.S. appeals court rejected the Trump administration's argument that its $85.4 billion deal to buy media company Time Warner would mean higher consumer prices.
- Sher: $BOX, $MSFT, $PYPL - Wishing I'd taken several call positions off the table, ATO... $MGP – Initiated new position, long common – Report Thurs, B/O – Substantial beats on EPS & revenues anticipated – Will likely add, as appropriate. Several 13G filings, recently: Barrow, Hanley, Mewhinney & Strauss, LLC (8,921,257 shares); Vanguard Whitehall Fund/Vanguard Selected Value Fund (4,946,310 shares); Vanguard Specialized Fund/ Vanguard Realized Real Estate Fund (3,388,984 shares), to name a few. $VEEV – New long call position (March $115) – ER 2-26-19, A/C – Looking for a bit of a run into earnings – Vanguard upped its stake to 11,605,165 in recent 13G filing.
- bRobert: $VEEV VERY strong. Easy to hold with trailers LONG term hold
- judysteiner: $VEEV also hold it longer term
- bRobert: @judysteiner $VEEV Happy owner's box
- bRobert: $VEEV . Made a VEEV move to nh. Very strong. Happy long Not done but extended $PANW . Close to $220 measured move. Stops up
- bRobert: $VEEV Strong stock Flag again. Could use some consolidation/rest. Ultimately $120+ Long term hold
- bRobert: $VEEV nh Strong Strong stock Top of range. Range breakout target essentially acquired. Partial profits/tight stops Beautiful ascending channel 8d stop kept you in a great trade.
$PYPL – break out. Earnings Wednesday. Looks like $VEEV
$DATA – stop below 50-day MA. Alert $130
$PLAN – from Forum (Bridget) Alert $32
- bRobert: $VEEV . One strong stock. No rain on this cloud. Extended. Wait for pb
$VEEV – selling this here.
$TEAM – gap and crap. Holding at $90. Needs rebuilding.
$FDX – I would sell into this strength.
$BJ – “Breaking out of 3 month range. Low and high are higher than prev.” ...
- bRobert: $VEEV . top of range Partials
- bRobert: $VEEV $PANW Look for a pb/bounce
- bRobert: $VEEV Double bottom range breakout $120 possible Look for pb/bounces
- bRobert: $VEEV . Powerful move on volume . $120 . longer term . $VHC . + on news
- bRobert: $VEEV . >$100. WILL ADD ON PB/BOUNCES ABOVE THE BREAKOUT $100
- dngrisk: @bRobert $VEEV Looking to do the same. It's been tough sitting on my hands on this one, especially today as I'd hoped yesterday was the start of a meaningful PB. Now it may have to hit the 50 before it does. So it's back to practicing my deep breathing and mediation pillow ...
- bRobert: @dngrisk $VEEV You'll get a better opportunity or catch a different train. No shortage to choose from. Discipline is important. If you buy in scales, you can take a less than ideal SMALL entry in a stock you like. . Hope for a pb to add more or enjoy your starter and add on pb at higher levels.
$VEEV – From WU. “Tightening up…but not where you want to buy.”
$EHTH – very thin.
$FB – could see this continue to run into earnings.
$INSG – from WU – missed the squeeze, but keeping it on watch lis ...
- bRobert: $VEEV . $70+ . W . Measured move target . Look for pb/bounce
- shoredriver: $VEEV...FWIW Fortune rates it #2 fastest growing software co...
9. $VEEV – tightening up. A bit soon to buy…but this could work. Look at RS reading.
10. $CIEN – very high RS. Volatile, and you should be able to buy near the bottom of the channel if you are patient.
11. $EVTC – tightenin ...
- kt4000: Took profits on $VEEV quick nice gain, Bought $JPM (Dividend), added $GUSH here
- kt4000: bought a small position in $VEEV this morning adding to it here
- kt4000: I bought $ACRX this morning and as volume picked up added quite a bit more as they are being added to the NASDQ Biotech index - also added $VEEV, $AMD going into the close here
- kt4000: Put together my shopping list - $VEEV is at the top, $ZUO is 2cnd, $APPL, $UNH tied for 3rd - sold the rest of my $SQQQ, $SDOW a few minutes ago..... still holding a small position in $JNJ and re-buys of $SQ
- kt4000: love these violent snapbacks - added more $AAPL again, $$GUSH, $SQ $AMD .... $VEEV got away from me this morning but looking for an opportunity.
1. $VEEV – needs to do a lot of work in narrowing range.
2. $PFE – where is the stop? Risk/Reward? I don’t like it b/c it’s at support after not holding above 50-day MA. So lots of supply overhead. Support at $42. Stop bel ...
$VEEV – not for me. Has a lot of work to do. But the uptrend remains intact. Track the 200-day MA.
- kt4000: Added $DUK s/b safe no matter who wins which seats and pays a Div on 11/15, Want $VEEV, $ULTA, more $TJX (split plus Div right after before earnings on 11/20), Keeping a very small position on $ALGN until some sort of direction is established.
$VEEV – only as a long term hold in a weekly chart. But could not buy here.
$TJX – “2:1 split 11/6. Worried about split. Look at SHOO.” It is extended and subject to break down. I would wait.
$URI – good entry, or ...
$VEEV – probably established a low at $80...but lots of pain in October. Likely to see selling into strength.
$PG – Safety trade. 3.25% yield.
$VEEV – Nice reversal off this morning’s low – Sideways consolidation for 5 weeks; squeezing for 2 – Looking to add to underwater Oct. $105 calls.
$ROKU – Trying to reverse recent PB with hammer candlestick – Bac ...
- DAN: @Sher $BX $UTX $CSX $VEEV $ROKU $ENDP $CTL Nice trading, Sher. 8-) Dan
- Sher: @DAN $BX $UTX $CSX $VEEV $ROKU $ENDP $CTL - Thank you...
- bsafriet: $VEEV $VRTX $VEEV Stopped out Monday when the volatility squeeze breakout failed. Too bad because I thought it was going to make a good employee. Had added to my position on the breakout. That sucks! Breakout to Fakeout! $VRTX Stalled out, in consolidation. Profitable, pushed up stop but still below breakeven.
- bRobert: @bsafriet $VEEV $VRTX I think buying breakouts is a riskier play unless you trade very small and adding on a pullback is part of your plan. with a stop below the 2nd entry. Better to buy/add to the breakout/pullback/bounce. BTW there is absolutely nothing wrong with either stock. VEEV in a healthy sideways consolidation after 50% run. VRTX . flag
- bsafriet: @bRobert $VEEV $VRTX I agree with you and that is how I usually trade. Got ambitious here and tried to get big as I could as fast as I could (VEEV). My trade was the vol B/O and had no intentions on holding position if the B/O failed. Like the chart and the company. Plan to re-enter with the establishment of a new uptrend. Thanks for responding, best wishes.
- bRobert: @bsafriet $VRTX $VEEV $CURE $XLV $PYPL $SQ #1 A flattening yield curve hurts their margins. Less incentive to lend money which eventually leads to a decrease in small business loans and culminates in a recession. Typically occurs a few years after the yield curve inverts.
- bsafriet: $VRTX $VEEV. Added 2 new employees this past week and both have already earned promotions! $VRTX: breakout from a cup base, and $VEEV: volatility squeeze breakout. Both in the markets #1 sector. Couldn’t resist any longer and bought $CURE, 3x leveraged $XLV ETF. Sold my position in $PYPL, intending to put the funds to work in $SQ. Delayed my entry till next week to see if shares contract whatever malady that the rest of the financials are suffering from. Has anyone got a diagnosis for what is ailing that group?
- bRobert: $VEEV Early ooze out. Buy the pb/b
- justinp: $VEEV Squeeze keeps shaping up, taking a starter.
- bsafriet: @justinp $VEEV Looks good, right there with you. Starter position @106.55
- Sher: $VEEV - Is anyone trading this? Tight sideways consolidation for 4 weeks now - Squeeze entrance 9-21-18.
- bRobert: @Sher $VEEV . Trading NO . Own . YES. from below
|Stock Price||$USD 146.92|
Already a member? Sign in here.
- November 29th, 2019 - 2020 Q3 Earnings
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 65,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (65,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!