Veeva Systems Inc. Class A (NYSE:VEEV)
Old Forum Content for VEEVMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
$VEEV – good stock, but the uptrend isn’t giving much of a buying opp b/c the stock doesn’t consolidate.
$WDAY – Watch for pullback closer to $200.
$WING – nice steady drift.
$WK – drifting higher. Watch for tags ...
- debeers: $BA-from Reuters---U.S. Federal Aviation Administration told members of the United nations aviation agency they expect an un-grounding of Boeing Co.'s 737 Max jets as early as late June although timetable still isn't firm. i am expecting 150 hours sim will still be needed. We may not be at the end but we are closer to the start of the recovery. Added a skosh.LONG Critical to the airlines summer travel. I sold BA when it broke the 50% fib at 365 and re-bought at 333 with the idea that if it ever got to 288, i'd double down. $AXSM- looked frightening temporarily down 10% ( and it was toppy) but recovered 5% of that when folks realized that the big presentation is on the 29th-31st and Monday we're closed.LONG $BOOT-down a shocking 8 cents today. O the horrors! LONG $VEEV-reports on the 29th and what they do has nada to do with tariffs or China.LONG
$VEEV – holding this.
$NOW – trying to build a new box.
$CYBR – this is still working...though slowing.
$GLOB – inside day.
$TNDM – still forming a base. Alert $72.10
$EHTH – still forming a base.
- bRobert: $VEEV Holding stock....Not a trading stock. Close to 20d is reasonable entry HERE
- issues: @bRobert $VEEV waiting for earnings on 5/29 to try to buy on the "cheap."
- Hans_Schultz1: $VEEV back near the high
- bRobert: @Hans_Schultz1 $VEEV A sleep well under the pillow, long term hold. No drama
4. $VEEV – good uptrend. Easy to hold.
5. $WK – good uptrend.
6. $NOW – building a high base after breakout. Support at $260.
7. $WDAY – buyable here.
8. $PLNT – steep run. Hard to buy. Protect profits with trailing st ...
- shoredriver: @Hans_Schultz1 $VEEV ...well the door is cracked open a bit this morning.....
- shoredriver: @Hans_Schultz1 $VEEV ..earnings on the 29th...maybe that will provide your entry.....
- bsafriet: @Hans_Schultz1 $VEEV Thanks for sharing your notes. I've been watching $VEEV for some time, have had a position a couple of times and have always been stopped out. I probably kept to tight a stop on this one. Like you, waiting for an entry. I agree with shoredriver that E/R may provide an opportunity. Best wishes.
Hans_Schultz1: $VEEV Earnings: May 29th
Since this GSL name is doing well during this volatile period, thought I would get to know the details behind the ticker. Sharing my no ...
- bRobert: $VEEV $140 target acquired Good employee Stops raised
$VEEV - Still going after test of 50-day MA
$WDAY - Popping out of VS on volume. Alert $205
$WING - Stalling here, but good to hold. Use stop below 20-day MA.
$WK - Squeezing. Alert $52.65
$TAL – still going. Breakout high. Stop belo ...
$VEEV – Growth stock. Still working. Just hold it through this volatility.
$NOW – Growth Stock. Buy trigger would be a move above $250. Earnings on Wednesday.
$TEAM – Growth Stock. This is the rebound I mentioned. Broken...I wo ...
- Spotdog: $VEEV Showing some promise this morning
- bRobert: @Spotdog $VEEV nh. Not a good buy zone. Easy hold with trailers. Great stock Long term hold Look for better entry. pb/bounce > the breakout or pb/b closer to the 20d
- Spotdog: @bRobert $VEEV Did not buy. Have been holding
$VEEV – Just hold it. Very steep and I question upside from here vs. settling into a range. Work on your patience rather than eagerness for quick gratification.
$WDAY – tightening with $200 ceiling. Next buy would be a breakout above ...
$VEEV – still working.
$NOW – still in trend. Price target was $260. It hit $252. Time to take profits.
$CYBR – in trend...but overbought.
$DATA – typical volatile action. Watch 50-day MA.
$GHDX – this is breaking do ...
- bRobert: $VEEV I can't give enough praise to this stock. Long term hold nh $130 target close. Buy closer to 20d.
- traderbren: $VEEV - trying to regain the 20d. Looks constructive. NP as yet.
- bRobert: @traderbren $VEEV Added small piece. Not many opportunities
- bRobert: $VEEV Next week's shopping list
- bRobert: $VEEV I've been waiting for this to come in and offer a better entry. Not today but we're getting there. Rising 50d approaching Looking for a rendezvous
- bRobert: $VEEV Consolidation. W daily. Squeezing ever so much .. Long term hold. Very strong stock
- shoredriver: $VEEV...continues it's crap after small earnings gap...np...
- traderbren: $VEEV - a bearish hammer on today's price action.
- issues: $Veev reports AH. Looks to be $120 even! Maybe they didn't report yet. Holding my breath. $T ; AT&T Inc scored a key win on Tuesday when a U.S. appeals court rejected the Trump administration's argument that its $85.4 billion deal to buy media company Time Warner would mean higher consumer prices.
- Sher: $BOX, $MSFT, $PYPL - Wishing I'd taken several call positions off the table, ATO... $MGP – Initiated new position, long common – Report Thurs, B/O – Substantial beats on EPS & revenues anticipated – Will likely add, as appropriate. Several 13G filings, recently: Barrow, Hanley, Mewhinney & Strauss, LLC (8,921,257 shares); Vanguard Whitehall Fund/Vanguard Selected Value Fund (4,946,310 shares); Vanguard Specialized Fund/ Vanguard Realized Real Estate Fund (3,388,984 shares), to name a few. $VEEV – New long call position (March $115) – ER 2-26-19, A/C – Looking for a bit of a run into earnings – Vanguard upped its stake to 11,605,165 in recent 13G filing.
- bRobert: $VEEV VERY strong. Easy to hold with trailers LONG term hold
- judysteiner: $VEEV also hold it longer term
- bRobert: @judysteiner $VEEV Happy owner's box
- bRobert: $VEEV . Made a VEEV move to nh. Very strong. Happy long Not done but extended $PANW . Close to $220 measured move. Stops up
- bRobert: $VEEV Strong stock Flag again. Could use some consolidation/rest. Ultimately $120+ Long term hold
- bRobert: $VEEV nh Strong Strong stock Top of range. Range breakout target essentially acquired. Partial profits/tight stops Beautiful ascending channel 8d stop kept you in a great trade.
$PYPL – break out. Earnings Wednesday. Looks like $VEEV
$DATA – stop below 50-day MA. Alert $130
$PLAN – from Forum (Bridget) Alert $32
- bRobert: $VEEV . One strong stock. No rain on this cloud. Extended. Wait for pb
$VEEV – selling this here.
$TEAM – gap and crap. Holding at $90. Needs rebuilding.
$FDX – I would sell into this strength.
$BJ – “Breaking out of 3 month range. Low and high are higher than prev.” ...
- bRobert: $VEEV . top of range Partials
- bRobert: $VEEV $PANW Look for a pb/bounce
- bRobert: $VEEV Double bottom range breakout $120 possible Look for pb/bounces
- bRobert: $VEEV . Powerful move on volume . $120 . longer term . $VHC . + on news
- bRobert: $VEEV . >$100. WILL ADD ON PB/BOUNCES ABOVE THE BREAKOUT $100
- dngrisk: @bRobert $VEEV Looking to do the same. It's been tough sitting on my hands on this one, especially today as I'd hoped yesterday was the start of a meaningful PB. Now it may have to hit the 50 before it does. So it's back to practicing my deep breathing and mediation pillow ...
- bRobert: @dngrisk $VEEV You'll get a better opportunity or catch a different train. No shortage to choose from. Discipline is important. If you buy in scales, you can take a less than ideal SMALL entry in a stock you like. . Hope for a pb to add more or enjoy your starter and add on pb at higher levels.
$VEEV – From WU. “Tightening up…but not where you want to buy.”
$EHTH – very thin.
$FB – could see this continue to run into earnings.
$INSG – from WU – missed the squeeze, but keeping it on watch lis ...
- bRobert: $VEEV . $70+ . W . Measured move target . Look for pb/bounce
- shoredriver: $VEEV...FWIW Fortune rates it #2 fastest growing software co...
9. $VEEV – tightening up. A bit soon to buy…but this could work. Look at RS reading.
10. $CIEN – very high RS. Volatile, and you should be able to buy near the bottom of the channel if you are patient.
11. $EVTC – tightenin ...
- kt4000: Took profits on $VEEV quick nice gain, Bought $JPM (Dividend), added $GUSH here
- kt4000: bought a small position in $VEEV this morning adding to it here
- kt4000: I bought $ACRX this morning and as volume picked up added quite a bit more as they are being added to the NASDQ Biotech index - also added $VEEV, $AMD going into the close here
- kt4000: Put together my shopping list - $VEEV is at the top, $ZUO is 2cnd, $APPL, $UNH tied for 3rd - sold the rest of my $SQQQ, $SDOW a few minutes ago..... still holding a small position in $JNJ and re-buys of $SQ
- kt4000: love these violent snapbacks - added more $AAPL again, $$GUSH, $SQ $AMD .... $VEEV got away from me this morning but looking for an opportunity.
1. $VEEV – needs to do a lot of work in narrowing range.
2. $PFE – where is the stop? Risk/Reward? I don’t like it b/c it’s at support after not holding above 50-day MA. So lots of supply overhead. Support at $42. Stop bel ...
$VEEV – not for me. Has a lot of work to do. But the uptrend remains intact. Track the 200-day MA.
- kt4000: Added $DUK s/b safe no matter who wins which seats and pays a Div on 11/15, Want $VEEV, $ULTA, more $TJX (split plus Div right after before earnings on 11/20), Keeping a very small position on $ALGN until some sort of direction is established.
$VEEV – only as a long term hold in a weekly chart. But could not buy here.
$TJX – “2:1 split 11/6. Worried about split. Look at SHOO.” It is extended and subject to break down. I would wait.
$URI – good entry, or ...
$VEEV – probably established a low at $80...but lots of pain in October. Likely to see selling into strength.
$PG – Safety trade. 3.25% yield.
$VEEV – Nice reversal off this morning’s low – Sideways consolidation for 5 weeks; squeezing for 2 – Looking to add to underwater Oct. $105 calls.
$ROKU – Trying to reverse recent PB with hammer candlestick – Bac ...
- DAN: @Sher $BX $UTX $CSX $VEEV $ROKU $ENDP $CTL Nice trading, Sher. 8-) Dan
- Sher: @DAN $BX $UTX $CSX $VEEV $ROKU $ENDP $CTL - Thank you...
- bsafriet: $VEEV $VRTX $VEEV Stopped out Monday when the volatility squeeze breakout failed. Too bad because I thought it was going to make a good employee. Had added to my position on the breakout. That sucks! Breakout to Fakeout! $VRTX Stalled out, in consolidation. Profitable, pushed up stop but still below breakeven.
- bRobert: @bsafriet $VEEV $VRTX I think buying breakouts is a riskier play unless you trade very small and adding on a pullback is part of your plan. with a stop below the 2nd entry. Better to buy/add to the breakout/pullback/bounce. BTW there is absolutely nothing wrong with either stock. VEEV in a healthy sideways consolidation after 50% run. VRTX . flag
- bsafriet: @bRobert $VEEV $VRTX I agree with you and that is how I usually trade. Got ambitious here and tried to get big as I could as fast as I could (VEEV). My trade was the vol B/O and had no intentions on holding position if the B/O failed. Like the chart and the company. Plan to re-enter with the establishment of a new uptrend. Thanks for responding, best wishes.
- bRobert: @bsafriet $VRTX $VEEV $CURE $XLV $PYPL $SQ #1 A flattening yield curve hurts their margins. Less incentive to lend money which eventually leads to a decrease in small business loans and culminates in a recession. Typically occurs a few years after the yield curve inverts.
- bsafriet: $VRTX $VEEV. Added 2 new employees this past week and both have already earned promotions! $VRTX: breakout from a cup base, and $VEEV: volatility squeeze breakout. Both in the markets #1 sector. Couldn’t resist any longer and bought $CURE, 3x leveraged $XLV ETF. Sold my position in $PYPL, intending to put the funds to work in $SQ. Delayed my entry till next week to see if shares contract whatever malady that the rest of the financials are suffering from. Has anyone got a diagnosis for what is ailing that group?
- bRobert: $VEEV Early ooze out. Buy the pb/b
- justinp: $VEEV Squeeze keeps shaping up, taking a starter.
- bsafriet: @justinp $VEEV Looks good, right there with you. Starter position @106.55
- Sher: $VEEV - Is anyone trading this? Tight sideways consolidation for 4 weeks now - Squeeze entrance 9-21-18.
- bRobert: @Sher $VEEV . Trading NO . Own . YES. from below
- jbuc5222: $VEEV ...tight squeeze, worth watching
- alwayslearning: Took $VEEV today at 106.10....volume was a touch lower...you think I just made a bad trade @Dan?
- etmagic: $VEEV above $105 but volume not huge buy point?
- Kasey: @DAN, $VEEV made a move today. I'm just wondering about your stop recommended in the video last night ($98.0). I'm looking to stay in, let's say until it hits the PT you mentioned ($125). At this point , it looks like the past resistance is the new support (today), so shouldn't it be ok to have a higher stop, closer to today's open? Thank you
- mopick: @etmagic $VEEV, according to Fidelity, average volume past 90 days is 1,073,000 shares. Other sources show 1.05 million as the average.
- DAN: @Kasey $VEEV Hi Kasey. Sure, I agree with your reasoning. The tighter you keep it, the more likely you are to get shaken out. Sometimes shakeouts are good, though. You could see the stock fall back below 105 (or not). Just have a clear picture of ...
COTD: $VEEV – measured move takes this to about $120. Are you coming tomorrow night?
$SPX – still working on the right side of the consolidation.
$DJI – “flag” pattern forming.
$MDY – sideways consolidation is he ...
- bRobert: $VEEV WEEKLY flag. STRONG $125 flag target
- issues: @bRobert $VEEV sure but did you buy it?
- bRobert: @issues $VEEV A while a go. Double bottom bounce. . good company. Nice ride. Easy hold
$VEEV – keep a stop below $98.25
$ETFC – short this on any rally that fails at the 200-day M A (which is likely to happen).
$SONO – this is why holding a stock over earnings is risky. It’s like sitting at the Blackjack tabl ...
- bRobert: $VEEV . Long term hold . nh . . Flag Not done. $110+ . Hard to buy,. Easy to hold.
- bRobert: @CraigReynolds $ZUO Nice chart. Would have been nice to be long from $24 . ;) . I try to time entries on new stocks with earnings in the rear view mirror or several months out. Often the best entries are post earnings. eg $GLOB. $VEEV.
- phgruver: $VEEV gapped up on earnings, and so far, is holding the gap. This is different....
- shoredriver: @phgruver $VEEV I'lll take it.....
- phgruver: $VEEV ...out at $96.50. That's too much profit to leave on the table. That, and I need to reduce the number of positions I'm carrying.
- dngrisk: @phgruver $VEEV What got into $VEEV? Earnings report was good, but not off the charts and it's already blown through the new KeyBanc price target of $99, which is really extended to begin with. I figured it would struggle more at the $100 so took 1/2 off the table. Should have just kept my trailing stop in place on that lot! Blue sky so far.
- phgruver: @dngrisk $VEEV I don't know what's behind this surge. It's a relatively small issue in the health care industry. The float is only 120M shares, 87% held by institutions, and a daily volume of less than 1M. Even though the short interest isn't very large, this has the earmarks of a short squeeze. I very much doubt that it will continue much past $100. That is R3, after all. I closed my position for a nice profit.
- dngrisk: @phgruver $VEEV Too funny. My software (ToS) is showing R3 at 104.40. Better check my settings! Regardless, as extended as it is, and 4 red candles out of the last 6, going much past $100 today doesn't appear to be in the cards. We'll see.
- phgruver: @dngrisk $VEEV I guess it depends on how and when they calculate the pivot points, and how much after-hours trading affects it. I'm actually looking at Yahoo Finance, and getting an R3 of $100.33.
- Shopaholic526: @phgruver $VEEV Right there with you. Took profits.
- shoredriver: $VEEV...after the bell...adjust yourself accordingly.....
- gwenzee: @shoredriver $VEEV It's had a beautiful month. GOOD LUCK.
- bRobert: @shoredriver $VEEV I adjusted my shorts
- shoredriver: @bRobert $VEEV During market hours I normally wear a cup...... plus aftermarket for earnings....
- bRobert: @shoredriver $VEEV I wear nothing. If I make a boo boo, I want to remember it.
- WWWilly: @bRobert $VEEV Thanks, I thought I was the only one. LOL
|Stock Price||$USD 157.71|
Already a member? Sign in here.
- August 27th, 2019 - 2020 Q2 Earnings
- August 28th, 2019 - 2020 Q2 Earnings
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 64,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (64,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!