Veeva Systems Inc. Class A (NYSE:VEEV)
Old Forum Content for VEEVMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
$VEEV – selling this here.
$TEAM – gap and crap. Holding at $90. Needs rebuilding.
$FDX – I would sell into this strength.
$BJ – “Breaking out of 3 month range. Low and high are higher than prev.” ...
- bRobert: $VEEV . top of range Partials
- bRobert: $VEEV $PANW Look for a pb/bounce
- bRobert: $VEEV Double bottom range breakout $120 possible Look for pb/bounces
- bRobert: $VEEV . Powerful move on volume . $120 . longer term . $VHC . + on news
- bRobert: $VEEV . >$100. WILL ADD ON PB/BOUNCES ABOVE THE BREAKOUT $100
- dngrisk: @bRobert $VEEV Looking to do the same. It's been tough sitting on my hands on this one, especially today as I'd hoped yesterday was the start of a meaningful PB. Now it may have to hit the 50 before it does. So it's back to practicing my deep breathing and mediation pillow ...
- bRobert: @dngrisk $VEEV You'll get a better opportunity or catch a different train. No shortage to choose from. Discipline is important. If you buy in scales, you can take a less than ideal SMALL entry in a stock you like. . Hope for a pb to add more or enjoy your starter and add on pb at higher levels.
$VEEV – From WU. “Tightening up…but not where you want to buy.”
$EHTH – very thin.
$FB – could see this continue to run into earnings.
$INSG – from WU – missed the squeeze, but keeping it on watch lis ...
- bRobert: $VEEV . $70+ . W . Measured move target . Look for pb/bounce
- shoredriver: $VEEV...FWIW Fortune rates it #2 fastest growing software co...
9. $VEEV – tightening up. A bit soon to buy…but this could work. Look at RS reading.
10. $CIEN – very high RS. Volatile, and you should be able to buy near the bottom of the channel if you are patient.
11. $EVTC – tightenin ...
- kt4000: Took profits on $VEEV quick nice gain, Bought $JPM (Dividend), added $GUSH here
- kt4000: bought a small position in $VEEV this morning adding to it here
- kt4000: I bought $ACRX this morning and as volume picked up added quite a bit more as they are being added to the NASDQ Biotech index - also added $VEEV, $AMD going into the close here
- kt4000: Put together my shopping list - $VEEV is at the top, $ZUO is 2cnd, $APPL, $UNH tied for 3rd - sold the rest of my $SQQQ, $SDOW a few minutes ago..... still holding a small position in $JNJ and re-buys of $SQ
- kt4000: love these violent snapbacks - added more $AAPL again, $$GUSH, $SQ $AMD .... $VEEV got away from me this morning but looking for an opportunity.
1. $VEEV – needs to do a lot of work in narrowing range.
2. $PFE – where is the stop? Risk/Reward? I don’t like it b/c it’s at support after not holding above 50-day MA. So lots of supply overhead. Support at $42. Stop bel ...
$VEEV – not for me. Has a lot of work to do. But the uptrend remains intact. Track the 200-day MA.
- kt4000: Added $DUK s/b safe no matter who wins which seats and pays a Div on 11/15, Want $VEEV, $ULTA, more $TJX (split plus Div right after before earnings on 11/20), Keeping a very small position on $ALGN until some sort of direction is established.
$VEEV – only as a long term hold in a weekly chart. But could not buy here.
$TJX – “2:1 split 11/6. Worried about split. Look at SHOO.” It is extended and subject to break down. I would wait.
$URI – good entry, or ...
$VEEV – probably established a low at $80...but lots of pain in October. Likely to see selling into strength.
$PG – Safety trade. 3.25% yield.
$VEEV – Nice reversal off this morning’s low – Sideways consolidation for 5 weeks; squeezing for 2 – Looking to add to underwater Oct. $105 calls.
$ROKU – Trying to reverse recent PB with hammer candlestick – Bac ...
- DAN: @Sher $BX $UTX $CSX $VEEV $ROKU $ENDP $CTL Nice trading, Sher. 8-) Dan
- Sher: @DAN $BX $UTX $CSX $VEEV $ROKU $ENDP $CTL - Thank you...
- bsafriet: $VEEV $VRTX $VEEV Stopped out Monday when the volatility squeeze breakout failed. Too bad because I thought it was going to make a good employee. Had added to my position on the breakout. That sucks! Breakout to Fakeout! $VRTX Stalled out, in consolidation. Profitable, pushed up stop but still below breakeven.
- bRobert: @bsafriet $VEEV $VRTX I think buying breakouts is a riskier play unless you trade very small and adding on a pullback is part of your plan. with a stop below the 2nd entry. Better to buy/add to the breakout/pullback/bounce. BTW there is absolutely nothing wrong with either stock. VEEV in a healthy sideways consolidation after 50% run. VRTX . flag
- bsafriet: @bRobert $VEEV $VRTX I agree with you and that is how I usually trade. Got ambitious here and tried to get big as I could as fast as I could (VEEV). My trade was the vol B/O and had no intentions on holding position if the B/O failed. Like the chart and the company. Plan to re-enter with the establishment of a new uptrend. Thanks for responding, best wishes.
- bRobert: @bsafriet $VRTX $VEEV $CURE $XLV $PYPL $SQ #1 A flattening yield curve hurts their margins. Less incentive to lend money which eventually leads to a decrease in small business loans and culminates in a recession. Typically occurs a few years after the yield curve inverts.
- bsafriet: $VRTX $VEEV. Added 2 new employees this past week and both have already earned promotions! $VRTX: breakout from a cup base, and $VEEV: volatility squeeze breakout. Both in the markets #1 sector. Couldn’t resist any longer and bought $CURE, 3x leveraged $XLV ETF. Sold my position in $PYPL, intending to put the funds to work in $SQ. Delayed my entry till next week to see if shares contract whatever malady that the rest of the financials are suffering from. Has anyone got a diagnosis for what is ailing that group?
- bRobert: $VEEV Early ooze out. Buy the pb/b
- justinp: $VEEV Squeeze keeps shaping up, taking a starter.
- bsafriet: @justinp $VEEV Looks good, right there with you. Starter position @106.55
- Sher: $VEEV - Is anyone trading this? Tight sideways consolidation for 4 weeks now - Squeeze entrance 9-21-18.
- bRobert: @Sher $VEEV . Trading NO . Own . YES. from below
- jbuc5222: $VEEV ...tight squeeze, worth watching
- alwayslearning: Took $VEEV today at 106.10....volume was a touch lower...you think I just made a bad trade @Dan?
- etmagic: $VEEV above $105 but volume not huge buy point?
- Kasey: @DAN, $VEEV made a move today. I'm just wondering about your stop recommended in the video last night ($98.0). I'm looking to stay in, let's say until it hits the PT you mentioned ($125). At this point , it looks like the past resistance is the new support (today), so shouldn't it be ok to have a higher stop, closer to today's open? Thank you
- mopick: @etmagic $VEEV, according to Fidelity, average volume past 90 days is 1,073,000 shares. Other sources show 1.05 million as the average.
- DAN: @Kasey $VEEV Hi Kasey. Sure, I agree with your reasoning. The tighter you keep it, the more likely you are to get shaken out. Sometimes shakeouts are good, though. You could see the stock fall back below 105 (or not). Just have a clear picture of ...
COTD: $VEEV – measured move takes this to about $120. Are you coming tomorrow night?
$SPX – still working on the right side of the consolidation.
$DJI – “flag” pattern forming.
$MDY – sideways consolidation is he ...
- bRobert: $VEEV WEEKLY flag. STRONG $125 flag target
- issues: @bRobert $VEEV sure but did you buy it?
- bRobert: @issues $VEEV A while a go. Double bottom bounce. . good company. Nice ride. Easy hold
$VEEV – keep a stop below $98.25
$ETFC – short this on any rally that fails at the 200-day M A (which is likely to happen).
$SONO – this is why holding a stock over earnings is risky. It’s like sitting at the Blackjack tabl ...
- bRobert: $VEEV . Long term hold . nh . . Flag Not done. $110+ . Hard to buy,. Easy to hold.
- bRobert: @CraigReynolds $ZUO Nice chart. Would have been nice to be long from $24 . ;) . I try to time entries on new stocks with earnings in the rear view mirror or several months out. Often the best entries are post earnings. eg $GLOB. $VEEV.
- phgruver: $VEEV gapped up on earnings, and so far, is holding the gap. This is different....
- shoredriver: @phgruver $VEEV I'lll take it.....
- phgruver: $VEEV ...out at $96.50. That's too much profit to leave on the table. That, and I need to reduce the number of positions I'm carrying.
- dngrisk: @phgruver $VEEV What got into $VEEV? Earnings report was good, but not off the charts and it's already blown through the new KeyBanc price target of $99, which is really extended to begin with. I figured it would struggle more at the $100 so took 1/2 off the table. Should have just kept my trailing stop in place on that lot! Blue sky so far.
- phgruver: @dngrisk $VEEV I don't know what's behind this surge. It's a relatively small issue in the health care industry. The float is only 120M shares, 87% held by institutions, and a daily volume of less than 1M. Even though the short interest isn't very large, this has the earmarks of a short squeeze. I very much doubt that it will continue much past $100. That is R3, after all. I closed my position for a nice profit.
- dngrisk: @phgruver $VEEV Too funny. My software (ToS) is showing R3 at 104.40. Better check my settings! Regardless, as extended as it is, and 4 red candles out of the last 6, going much past $100 today doesn't appear to be in the cards. We'll see.
- phgruver: @dngrisk $VEEV I guess it depends on how and when they calculate the pivot points, and how much after-hours trading affects it. I'm actually looking at Yahoo Finance, and getting an R3 of $100.33.
- Shopaholic526: @phgruver $VEEV Right there with you. Took profits.
- shoredriver: $VEEV...after the bell...adjust yourself accordingly.....
- gwenzee: @shoredriver $VEEV It's had a beautiful month. GOOD LUCK.
- bRobert: @shoredriver $VEEV I adjusted my shorts
- shoredriver: @bRobert $VEEV During market hours I normally wear a cup...... plus aftermarket for earnings....
- bRobert: @shoredriver $VEEV I wear nothing. If I make a boo boo, I want to remember it.
- WWWilly: @bRobert $VEEV Thanks, I thought I was the only one. LOL
- bRobert: $VEEV target $95+ Make it $100 even
- shoredriver: @bRobert $VEEV holding thru earnings 8/23?... I'm a little itchy.....
- bRobert: @shoredriver $VEEV Hedging.. Always recommend taking some profits/hedging unless it's a very long term hold and you are drowning in green.
- bRobert: $VEEV nh . Range breakout $94 + target , probably $100
- bRobert: $VEEV Nice weekly set up. Testing breakout. Add on pullback/bounce
- issues: IBD 50 this week: ABMD $ADBE $ALGN $ALRM $ALSN $BZUN $CPRT $CTRL $CYBR $EHC $EPAM $ESIO $ETFC $EVR $FIVE $FTNT $GRUB $HIIQ $HQY $IDTI $IDXX $ILMN $JAZZ $KEM $LGND $LULU $MA $MEDP $MPWR $MTCH $NANO $NOW $OEC $PANW $PAYC $PGTI $PLNT $PRAH $PSXP $SBRA $SIVB $TEAM $TREX $TRU $TTD $V $VEEV $VNOM $WING $WWE
- bRobert: $VEEV . Range breakout target $95+ . Earnings 8/23
$VEEV – stick with this. Should have been doubling down rather than taking it off the GSL. But in wide range now.
- traderbren: $VEEV - on the way to make a nh.
- bRobert: @traderbren $VEEV a favorite of mine. A range breakout target to $94+ . is on the table with further bullish action
- mradams0621: $VEEV possible good entry RHRN. trying to break out but volume is not great
- bRobert: @mradams0621 $VEEV I'm not sure the entry is ideal. Top of range. Attempting range breakout Safer to add on pullback/bounces that reaffirm the move than to buy breakouts.
- cmaxwel1: @mradams0621 $VEEV (In long term account). Holding not trading this.
- bRobert: @cmaxwel1 $VEEV Me too. Holding is different than adding/new entry
- bRobert: $VEEV $HQY . Top of range . Consider taking some profits/raise stop. Expect the expected. If it breaks out, you are still involved. You can add on the next pullback.
- bRobert: $VEEV Double bottom set up $93 target Trigger >84+
- mradams0621: $VEEV It's has a nice rest. Nearing break out level. Watching to add if it does.
- bRobert: $VEEV double bottom bounce day 2
- giz: $veev Bought small position @77 stop at 77.10 B/E looking for 80 - any thoughts?
- bRobert: @giz $veev Double bottom trade. 50d curling up. MAY go further up than you think. Depends upon market. tight stop/understood
- bRobert: $VEEV 50d bounce Nice base.$100+ target Trigger >85
- issues: Update! Added To IBD 50: $PYPL $TAL $V $VEEV Removed from IBD 50: $FANG $PRAH $FTNT $JAZZ I have no idea why they add some and remove others. It's not the charts. Maybe it sorcery ? Crystal balls? I know $VEEV was on then off now back on. Its all supposed to be by computers but I think it's more the Wizard of OZ or the Oracle at Delphi... Bottom line, it's probably just to give some joker a job at IBD and justify their charges to us.
- traderbren: $VEEV - back above the 50dma. NP as yet.
- mopick: $VEEV, breaking out, going to $100?
- spmeyers: @mopick $VEEV careful, no volume here
- mopick: @spmeyers $VEEV, yes, thanks, did notice that.
- bRobert: $VEEV nh Target $100
- mradams0621: $VEEV news?
- sierramp: @mradams0621 $VEEV I exhausted my news sources, found nothing recent.
- mradams0621: @sierramp $VEEV I cant find anything. Not that ugly yet on longer term charts but this is ugly on todays- very quick drop
- PJMR11: @mradams0621 $VEEV Looking at $77.76 as low risk entry (20DMA)
- PJMR11: @sierramp $EXAS $VEEV $ISRG Today may give us a chance to get into VEEV at a low risk price. Have BO in at $77.76. Working its way down to that number. We will just have to wait and see.
- sierramp: @PJMR11 $EXAS Several are in the same boat today. I'm out of $VEEV, $DXCM and $ISRG
- Shopaholic526: $VEEV $GRUB $NOW $FB $ICUI Stopped out with small losses and some gains. After years of trading, I finally understand the importance of stops for small losses and protection of gains. Thanks to Dan for telling me the value of my portfolio is equivalent to the value when all my stops get hit.
- DAN: @Shopaholic526 $VEEV $GRUB $NOW $FB $ICUI Great trading, Shopaholic526. Now that you've kept more dough, you can live up to your handle here and go shopping!!! ;-) Dan
12. $VEEV – reversal on volume. Traders should be avoiding.
13. $SGH – no follow through.
14. $AXP – consolidating.
15. $CAT – squeezing.
16. $TAN – still under distribution, but setting up for DCB trdes.
17. $FSLR &nd ...
- Shopaholic526: $AMZN $ISRG $VEEV $RHT $LOPE $NFLX $AKAM $TAL $GRUB $NOW Went on a major shopping spree yesterday. Have to live up to my name. Set stops everywhere. Most are working. Building positions gradually after April.
- justinp: $VEEV Dan mentioned this one which has now moved above $80 and out of the range it had been in since March. Volume since around 5/25 has been higher.
|Stock Price||$USD 134.06|
Already a member? Sign in here.
- May 23rd, 2019 - 2020 Q1 Earnings
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 62,000 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (62,000) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!