Vistra Corp. (NYSE:VST)
Old Forum Content for VSTMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Sher: $VST - Independent power and renewable electricity - Schwab likes this company, giving it an "A" (outperform) rating. Daily chart - 2nd. reversal day after PB to the 20-day MA - Now back above WVAP - Due to report on the 28th., B/O - Earnings projections are $.58 versus year ago which were ($.38) - Revenue estimates are for $4.1B, a 60+% gain over the prior 4th. Qtr. The stock nosedived badly following Q3, taking it from a high of $27.96 to a low of $21.36 on Jan. 11th. - It's currently trading @ $23.26. I'm long April $23 calls to which I've been adding - Although the stock is up only 1.4%, the calls have jumped 24-30%, today - I'm anticipating a strong run into earnings and beyond.
- martyrb3: @Sher $VST BMO Capital initiated today with Outperform, $37 Price Target. Very heavy option activity in April strikes.
- Sher: @martyrb3 $VST - Didn't see that upgrade... Thanks!
- Sher: $VST – Put this one on, yesterday (April $23 calls) – ER on the 28th, B/O, and estimates reflect strong YOY increases – There have been (3) SC 13Gs filed in the last week by Vanguard, Blackrock and FMR – I’m thinking an ...
- bRobert: @Sher $VST $LOW LOW Very bullish technical trade Long consolidation daily/breakout WEEKLY breakout/throwback bounce $145 measured move target $128 short term
- svetsch: @Dan $VST Hi Dan, need some help here: I think VST is setting up a #VolatilitySqueeze (narrow trading range, close to the 50 DMA) at the end of a nice cup with handle (though handle is only 4%). EPS, sales and margins look strong. Medium to longer term hold. Caveat: QE tomorrow. Am I correct with the #VolatilitySqueeze?
- DAN: @svetsch $VST #VolatilitySqueeze #VolatilitySqueeze I don't know what "QE" is. I see what you're looking at on the squeeze. But the stock has run up 25% in less than 2 months, and that's pretty fast for a utility. Might work though. Your choice.
- svetsch: @DAN $VST #VolatilitySqueeze Sorry, I meant quarterly earnings. :) Understood, thanks!
- jwstich: @svetsch $VST #VolatilitySqueeze #VolatilitySqueeze I am not sure but I think the Najarians liked the 28 call options (CNBC Halftime) about 3 weeks ago but I do not remember the month. Please confirm if you are thinking of $VST.
- JonathanTrades: Anyone watching $VST for tomorrow?
- shoredriver: @JonathanTrades $VST ...why.....
- JonathanTrades: @shoredriver $VST Consolidating and good sales
- TopCat1000: $VST cup with handle pattern, up today close to pivot point, $27.23, did and early buy at $26.56 will add to position at $0.10 above pivot.
- atlantadave3: @Bridget $DYN $VST says it is going to take it over. Vistra Energy Corp. and Dynegy Inc. , two big independent power producers, are in advanced talks to combine.
- Bridget: $VST new high #ipostrategy. ER on 11/3
- Vehid: ATH #IPO: $CIFS $CODX $SGBX $VST $HCC $PUMP
IPOs working - $ICHR $MTCH $TSG $CISN $HGV $ALRM $YUMC $DXC $VST
$SBH - Alerts below $17 or above $19
$ATHM - alert below $58.66
- bRobert: @Bridget $XME $XLB $XLK $SMH $XLV $CNC $CELG $UNH $VRX $EXAS $BMY $YY $SINA $BBRY $RIO $MT $HUN $AAOI $CMG $ESNT $HPQ $MON $MAR $NTNX $ETSY $ICHR $MTCH $TSG $CISN $HGV $ALRM $YUMC $DXC $VST $SBH $ATHM #Notes I'm not sure ATHM is dying. .Needed rest. for sure Short cover line in the sand obvious. Weekly/monthly charts are strong.. When your short is covered, I'll be entering.
Chris_P: $petz What is your opinion on trading new IPO's? I have a two percent stop on but I just never traded a new company. I looked at the charts for $SNAP $VST for a frame of reference and concluded I should not be comparing it to other stocks.
I a ...
- clamtown: @Bridget $XLP $GIS $K $CPB $KHC $XRT $M $KR $COH $XOP $ESV $RIG $MRO $APC $CVE $XLI $XBI $SMH $MCHP $AMAT $AAPL $AVGO $SWKS $ADBE $MLCO $BBBY $BBRY $FDX $FOLD $PX $NOC $TWX $ROP $ALNY $VST $TSG $BEDU $ADNT $SNDR #Notes $AXP You mentioned this one the other day. Any changes.
- Bridget: $VST breaking out of this squeeze
- Bridget: $BEDU $TSG $ADNT $VST $PLNT #ipo new ATH
- Bridget: #Notes $XLP - these consumer products were down on $GIS earnings $K $CPB $KHC $XRT - retail stocks falling lower $M $KR $COH $XOP - oil performing well. Good liquid stocks $ESV $RIG $MRO $APC $CVE $XLI - hit new highs $XBI - close to breaking higher out of flag $SMH - this rally is fizzling $MCHP $AMAT $AAPL - broke support at he 50dMA, $AVGO $SWKS - breaking down $ADBE - struggling to hold trendline after earnings $MLCO - gapped up this morning but then sold off $BBBY - hit a new low after earnings Breakouts $BBRY $FDX $FOLD $PX $NOC $TWX $ROP $ALNY IPOs working $VST $TSG $BEDU $ADNT $SNDR
- Bridget: @bRobert $XLP $GIS $K $CPB $KHC $XRT $M $KR $COH $XOP $ESV $RIG $MRO $APC $CVE $XLI $XBI $SMH $MCHP $AMAT $AAPL $AVGO $SWKS $ADBE $MLCO $BBBY $BBRY $FDX $FOLD $PX $NOC $TWX $ROP $ALNY $VST $TSG $BEDU $ADNT $SNDR #Notes I agree that this is likely just a pause, not a top.
- Bridget: $VST #ipo coming out of squeeze to a new high.
- Bridget: #Notes: A lot of stocks that have been seeing pullbacks saw a bounce today. $SMH is one OIH - oil is going lower, still lots of overhead resistance. $BP moving higher. $WB $SINA $YY $JD - all making moves higher Some retail pushing higher - $LULU $TGT $EL $EXPR $ODP Medical devices seeing support - $MDT $BEAT $ALGN $TAN $JKS $CSIQ - moving higher $EEM - moving higher $WING - breakout $SAGE - breakout $APO - breakout $KEM - breakout, IBD50 $GRUB $YELP - even higher $TTWO - holding gap IPOs $VST $APPN $HCC $SGH Earnings after close: $LQ $MAR $W $CBI - very high IV $VRX $ALB
- Bridget: IPOs working: $MYO $VST $BIVV $FND $CVNA $PI $BL $LAUR $HOME $BHVN $ADOM $OKTA $JELD $TCMD
- Bridget: $VST #ipo new high. Utility company.
|Stock Price||$USD 19.06|
Vistra emerged from the Energy Future Holdings bankruptcy as a standalone entity in 2016. The EFH assets make it one of the largest power producers and retail energy providers in Texas. It owns and operates 41 gigawatts of nuclear, coal, and natural gas generation in its Wholesale Generation segment after acquiring Dynegy in 2018. Its Retail Electricity segment will serve 5 million customers in 19 states after it closes the Ambit acquisition. Vistra's retail business serves almost one third of all Texas electricity consumers, including Ambit.Request Video of VST
Already a member? Sign in here.
- November 3rd, 2020 - 2020 Q3 Earnings
- November 4th, 2020 - 2020 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 71.23 24.77%
- $USD 53.33 16.43%
- $USD 33.18 15.10%
- $USD 17.04 -26.36%
- $USD 19.06 5.89%
- $USD 16.61 8.61%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 74,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (74,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!