Wellcare Health Plans Inc. (NYSE:WCG)
Old Forum Content for WCGMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- sierramp: $WCG bounce off VWAP.
- bRobert: @woodman $CVS The HMO casinos are all consolidating very nicely . Next legs coming . $UNH . $CI . $HUM ANTM $CNC . $WCG $MOH . VERY Nice pb over double support $160 . Target 1
- sierramp: $WCG decisive break above resistance from a squeeze and month long consolidation. IBD rated #1 in its group. REv growth rate last 4 qtrs 44%.
- bRobert: $EHTH Little cup like Reversal in motion Flag $115 LONG Will add with flag trigger $CI $UNH $CNC $WCG $MOH Flags Higher long term targets Extended short term Long several HMO casinos for a while
- bRobert: $EHTH Consolidation > 200d Reversal in motion $105+ target Long $UNH Consolidation $265 Target 1 $300 POTENTIAL long term $CI nh WEEKLY W trigger $215 target $ANTM $310 target 1 $WCG WEEKLY breakout $320/$340 Adopt a healthcare casino. They are going higher Look for pb/bounces
- bRobert: $XLV sniffing for a nh WEEKLY ascending triangle breakout $108 target Buy this or pick your favorites within the group HMOs eg $HUM $360 WEEKLY target /$CI $UNH $WCG Biotech, $XBI/$LABU $AMGN Med equipment $EW $ABMD $ALGN $TMO $ISRG $BEAT $MDT hosp $HCA Outpatient therapy $DVA
- bRobert: $EHTH . partials . Bumping against . 50/200d . above . Looking for pb/bounce and move >50/200d . OR . move .above 50/200d . and pb/bounce $UNH . flag . High base $268 . target 1 . Potential for much higher . with W trigger . WEEKLY and $320 . target $CI . partials . $WCG .$CNC . flag $CVS . flag . High base $72+ $CURE . nh . WEEKLY wedge breakout . $70 . Extended Partials . Look for pb/b . $DVA . $70 . triggered $MED . $120 . look for pb/bounces $ALGN trigger . c&h . $270 . Long $ABMD continuation . Long partial post profits $BEAT . Good spec . Long partial . High upside $TDOC . phase . 2 . Look for phase 3 . $95/$100 $LABU . $46 reversal . target . $AMGN . $220/$230/$245 . Long calls
- bRobert: $WYNN . $130/$140 . targets . $CI . partial profits /raised stops . . Top of range . $WCG . $CNC same . Huge runs . along with $UNH . a few others . Value plays . that became too cheap.
- bRobert: $WCG $277/ $295 reversal targets $CNC flag $51+ Revenge of the HMOs Most seeing $$$ inflows Long several $UNH $CI $HUM >50/200d $EHTH continuation Look for pb/bounces
- bRobert: $UNH . continues to move up after high volume breakout $255 . / . $265 . WEEKLY swing target Long $ANTM . daily flag WEEKLY double bottom $265/ $315 . potential WEEKLY swing target np $CI . top of range . $185 with range breakout $MOH . $125 reversal target 1 . $WCG . $29 . reversal target Healthcare casinos seeing buying
- bRobert: $UNH close to trigger Long swing trade from below $250 target 1 with reversal > $235 CHEAP $CI $170 reversal target 1 close by $HUM $295 with move > 50d $ANTM W bottom Long started $270 W target 1 $CNC $WCG w bottom entry Stop just < 200d $MOH double bottom bounce to start Needs to kill off h&s top $125 neckline Watching I suspect it will do so HMOs Lazarus trade working very well Larger upside
- bRobert: $UNH . $230 . hit . $ANTM . More room to downside . $HUM . h&s top . $WCG . $MOH . Bearish . follow through expected after bounces
- bRobert: @lostsheep $UNH $HUM $ANTM Real shocker ;) Long $ANTM $UNH $WCG HIGH targets $EHTH $TRHC as well $CVS $62.5 weekly W target
- bRobert: $UNH Trading range with long term benefits Long $CGC Trading bottom printed Long $MOH $WCG $ANTM $HUM Perky $HIIQ spec Little reversal $30 to start $40's longer term possibility
- bRobert: $HIIQ day 2 $WCG $350 $ANTM walk up $UNH $260/$270 $EHTH $100+
- beachreader: @bRobert $HCA $MO $NOW $ULTA $XLV $TMO $UNH $MDT $MASI $PODD $DXCM $SYK $EW $ISRG $AMGN $GILD $VRTX $EHTH $WCG $MOH $ANTM $ILMN .. any one see news on healthcare .. trump sigining bill for greater transparency ...trying to get more details.. UNH and HCA down today
- bRobert: $WCG . blue sky above. Flag . $305/$350 . Longer term $TRHC . Old favorite . Now >50d . WEEKLY MACD cross close . $56/$60 . np .
- bRobert: @Mitchell $HCA $MO $NOW $ULTA $XLV $XLV WEEKLY Wedge breakout $106ish target Several members have been long term holds $TMO $UNH $MDT Many medical device stocks are printing nhs or close to $MASI $PODD $DXCM . $SYK $EW $ISRG has a very large reversal pattern in motion $590 target Many big cap biotech names are staging a recovery $AMGN $GILD $VRTX to name a few. HMOs and related are seeing inflows. $EHTH nh today $100+ target $WCG nh $MOH bounce off the 20d. Huge upside. $ANTM steady uptrend $ILMN runs with $TMO Played catch up. $380/$440 WEEKLY wedge target $ULTA $400/$440 WEEKLY targets Last earnings sell off was a gift
- bRobert: $XLF Reversal pattern Look around $WCG nh Much higher targets $350 Add on pb/bounces
Forexpro: @bRobert $XLF $WCG
We may indeed get a rebound in financials if the market overall is strong (we're getting one today, in fact). They are, by some measures, "cheap". Still, the attached yield curve chart (2s-10s, futures ...
- bRobert: $EHTH . $95/$100 . Blue sky close by. $WCG there $ANTM creeping up .
- CraigReynolds: @bRobert $EHTH $WCG $ANTM $EHTH --You thinking it could go that high. Guess answer is yes because of post. Been in and out. Hasn't been good to me, was setting tight stops.
- rob27: @bRobert $EHTH $WCG $ANTM No luv for $MOH
- bRobert: @CraigReynolds $EHTH $WCG $ANTM Stops/entry the problem . Doing nothing wrong technically .
- CraigReynolds: @bRobert $EHTH $WCG $ANTM Thanks, did enter small with a looser stop and watching closely.
- bRobert: @rob27 $EHTH $WCG $ANTM $MOH Doing nothing wrong. Huge move. Pullback/retest/ . 50% . retracement . WEEKLY . $190+ . with trigger . Not too shabby.
- shoredriver: @CraigReynolds $EHTH $WCG $ANTM ..why set such tight stops if you constantly watch your screen?
- bRobert: $UNH $ANTM $WCG $EHTH $CNC $MOH Healthcare casinos working
- bRobert: @debeers $MOH Breakout/pb retest Early Phase 3 type.....$WCG was another
- bRobert: $WCG small pb from high. $320+ target with sustained move > $290 $EHTH added
- Sluggo: @bRobert $WCG $EHTH Thanks for the entry on $EHTH. What do we call this pattern? A weird cup with zig zag pattern now starting to form a handle, we hope?
- bRobert: @Sluggo $WCG $EHTH Still a daily wedge breakout/retest /bounce
- Sluggo: @bRobert $WCG $EHTH I don't see that pattern. What I see is a loose consolidation since April that really hasn't tightened up but is catching the 20d with strength. Good enough for me to start a 1/2 position. Anyway, thanks for the heads up. Ended profitable on it for the day (if I want to be myopic).
- Greendayguy: @bRobert $WCG $EHTH Thanks for the $EHTH tip. I got in and made good $. Appears to be a good enrty!
- bRobert: $RCL . Great base . Patience $RACE . nh . The only Ferrari I lease . $165 target . $FDX . Double bottom and reversal in motion $170 target . $WCG . Stock Well cared for . nh . Higher targets but not a good buy point .
- debeers: $MOH vs. $UNH/$WCG- Why is $MOH up today? Becasue, as anyone knows, $MOH stands for MOH MONEY, MOH MONEY la de dah, lah de dah.
- bRobert: $UNH $ANTM $WCG $MOH Stage 1 Higher lows Green candle in place (MOH hammer). Early trading low. Watching for reversal patterns to trigger soon. Fundamentals may soon outweigh the optics of medicare for all.
- justinp: $WCG Another battered healthcare. Nice organized recovery off the bottom last few days and thru vwap.
$WCG -- Snapback rally. Watch for selling at 250-. Look for a few bucks. Stop at $244.15
$ANTM – possible bottom at 2 pm. Use 236.35 as trigger.
$MOH – Use 116.75 as trigger. Stop at $114.95
$CI – Trigger $145.55. Stop 141.90. ...
- bRobert: $HUM . short term reversal pattern $285 . target, MACD cross. Doubler bottom with bullish RSI divergences. $WCG . Very strong $50 bounce . WEEKLY double bottom . $330 target . Long $UNH . WEEKLY double bottom in place $ANTM . Watching for MACD cross . WEEKLY intact uptrend . 20week bounce. $MOH . Very good daily swing trader . until range breakout Price action in the group has been positive. Looking for the transition from headline risk trading stocks to good longer term holds. (expected)
- bRobert: $WCG . Good close . All is forgiven $280 neckline . $340 . measured move target . Long . Swing trade transforming into a longer term investment. Swing trade with benefits . The character of the stock has changed. as investors see the value and the sky isn't falling in the space as per the weather forecasts.. More $$ . for Medicare
- shoredriver: $WCG....to be acquired at 305ish by $CNC......
- indigo1948: @shoredriver $WCG $CNC - $CNC down 7 per cent in pre-market.
- shoredriver: @indigo1948 $WCG $CNC Since $CNC is the aquirer that is to be expected.....
- indigo1948: @shoredriver $WCG $CNC -agreed. It will some time for the markets to filter through the initial noise.
- DrScience: $MOH Nice bounce on news of a $CNC buyout of $WCG. Don't ya just hate it when this happens! Took a bite outta what was left of my short, but still about $5 below where I sold it. Holding for more downside, stop above the 8 EMA on the daily chart.
- DrScience: $MOH taking it on the chin as well as other health insurers ($CNC, $HUM, $WCG, $ANTM) after DOJ agreed with TX court ruling that ACA is unconstitutional. (Article: http://tinyurl.com/y4qtbhfb )
- shoredriver: $WCG...$CNC sniffing around it.....
- rachel: STRATEGY SESSION NOTES 032619 COTD: $KL – stop below $32.00. $SPX – rangebound. Don’t overtrade. $DJT – still holding at 10,000. Barely. $FFTY – tightening below 200-day MA $T – buy here? $GLUU – still working. $VNOM – Alert $34.20 $CPRT – Alert $60.30 $ANTM – GSL stock. Remove from list. Should not be long. Taking this off b/c of DOJ argument. $WCG – health care plans going lower. $UNH – sell $JD – holding nicely here. $YY – stop beneath yesterday’s low. $TAL – still consolidating. Alert $36.50 $SQ – holding at 200-day MA. $RNG – Alert $110.50 $GG – request. Good volume here. You could buy it. $ADBE – request. Resistance at $270.
- bRobert: $TRHC flag $67+ target 1 Long from below. $HQY Nice c&h. No glazing yet. $115 technical target $HUM $WCG $CI $ANTM $CVS $MOH $CNC I posted that these would come back strong and were buying opportunities for swing trades with possible long term benefits with confirmed positive price action . There is often sever over reaction to headline news. Eg AMZN black cloud. You can't fight the initial negative price action but you can be smart and stalk these great companies watching for the turn when the now bullish price action confirms your thesis. The market is always right. It may change its mind on further review.
“Medicare for all” talks wreaking havoc on managed care stocks: $MOH; $WCG; $ATHM; $UNH; $HUM…Hospitals faring better since Medicare/Medicare are primary payors for them.
$FNKO – So annoyed at myself – Have been &ldqu ...
- captron: @Sher $ICE $MLCO $KLDO $SLGG $MOH $WCG $ATHM $UNH $HUM $FNKO Thanks for your post. Its always nice to read your take on stocks. I can alway find one or two I am not familiar with.
- sierramp: Healthcare plans not doing well $WCG $UNH $CNC $HUM $MOC $ANTM I wouldn't think they'd keep this trend down going much longer.
- bRobert: @sierramp $WCG $UNH $CNC $HUM $MOC $ANTM Stops/profit taking should keep you on the safe side until the storm passes. The market is always right When it changes its mind, that becomes the new right Pointing out compelling valuations keeps you focused on the group and watching for the price action to change. You always want to be in synch
- sierramp: @bRobert $WCG $UNH $CNC $HUM $MOC $ANTM Thanks, stop got me out of $WCG @ $273.30 Will be watching for change, confirmation.
- gmj: $WCG, $HCA done down getting a bounce off the day's low waiting to see how they finish
- bRobert: @gmj $WCG $HCA I salivate at the potential opportunity. Looking for a green print.
- bRobert: $WCG . Added to IBD50. It has been on the bRobert 50 for a while Setting up for a huge move out of a squeeze/reversal pattern. /C&H . $340 . MMT . LOOOONG
- sierramp: @bRobert $WCG TC2000 shows that institutions own 100% of shares. If that is true, where can it go from here?
- bRobert: @sierramp $WCG I own a lot. I'm not on the list ;) . Follow the chart/price action
- bRobert: $WCG+ . $MOH $HCA . $155 . MMT . Zig zag up continues
- Forexpro: @gwenzee, $WCG Cool, Gwenzee, I, too, will be watching the golf, as well as Manchester United vs Liverpool, which is coming up shortly. Speaking of the WGC - well, almost, some transposition is required - Barron's had a complimentary article this weekend on $WCG. Given that Barron's is fundie-driven, and generally aimed at longer term investors, I looked at the weekly chart, and although the stock is attempting to break back into an uptrend, it isn't there yet. The recent high was 288.61, and if it can navigate its way through that level, I think it becomes somewhat more interesting. Enjoy the day!
- bRobert: @scottrades $ESNT LONG term holder. Just made the IBD50 team with several members of my flock $WCG $HIIQ $PANW $EDU $DIN. and a few others. I'm still marveling over $DIN It is still ridiculously undervalued compared to any other restaurant chain. They crushed estimates. Raised guidance. Tremendous growth. 10% stock buy back. 3% dividend.
- bRobert: $WCG . Consolidation/squeeze . Setting up very well. for breakout and MMT . $295/ . $340+ Small and Large reversal patterns . OR Large . c&h . like . set up Neckline $280 . Head $220 . Small reversal pattern on right ( February) Long from below. I will add in scales with further confirmation 20% . upside. I'll take this setup . every day. Excellent risk reward. (<4% risk/20% reward)
- bRobert: HMOs with relatively new bullish WEEKLY MACD crosses They have fresh legs and could run a bit . I'm looking for more than a sprint $MOH $HIIQ $HUM $UNH $HQY $WCG $CNC is close $ANTM has been enjoying the sun for a while. Very strong.
- bRobert: $WCG . Squeezing . $290/$340 . mm targets . Long term hold.
- bRobert: $WCG . $HUM . Nice set ups . High upside. Long term holds. $WCG . $340 . $HUM . $350
- bRobert: . $MGLN is jellin .on buyout speculation Activist pressure $80/$100 . pb/bounces . Long $MOH . perky consolidation . $175 mm reversal target . A lot of upside in these casinos $EHTH . + . $HUM . $TRHC . $WCG . perky $CVS is not weighing down the sector. Bullish tell . Added
- bRobert: HMOs Casinos are rocking $WCG $HUM $UNH $MOH $CIothers They are the house. Odds of them winning are high,. High revenue earnings growth $HIIQ watching for higher high $50+ mm target
- bRobert: $WCG $340 mm target Huge upside in these names. A shrewd trader could make their entire book on a few of these . Let the stocks work for you. Not the other way around $ANTM Look at the move it has made. $350 mm target Long way to go still Look for pb/bounces. Sale a few days ago . The story doesn't changing overnight
- bRobert: $ANTM $UNH $CI $WCG The usual suspects moving. Holding most in a pseudo ETF $TRHC moving. Double bottom $CVS breakout
- bRobert: $MDT oooze out $100 $WCG Tightening up a bit . Consolidating gains for a move > $280 and $320 mm target Long term hold. Trading around a core
- woodman: #Healthcare stocks bouncing: $UNH $WCG $CNC $HUM
- bRobert: @woodman $UNH $WCG $CNC $HUM #Healthcare Part of my inner circle
- bRobert: @woodman $UNH $WCG $CNC $HUM #Healthcare $ANTM $CI $CVS feel a bit insulted. $TRHC nice bounce off ground floor stop
- bRobert: $MOH Look at the snap back . Watch for sales $HUM zig off 50d $WCG Bounce off 200d Reversal pattern right shoulder surgery. $280+ Neckline $340 target with a trigger $HIIQ Needs to clear swing high $42 or risk pullback to $37 and below. Not a good entry here
- bRobert: $CVS . Rewarding the patient . investor . Long from double bottom $TRHC . is next. HMOs . You have to take advantage of the sale days in most of these names. Nothing has changed fundamentally with these casinos eg . $UNH . $HUM . $WCG $CI . $HQY . working well $EHTH . ready to go . Still extended
- spmeyers: @bRobert $CVS $TRHC $UNH $HUM $WCG $CI $HQY $EHTH in most charting textbooks, TRHC is a short setup-- a weakish rebound to broken support; of course a fundamental investor may not care
- bRobert: @spmeyers $CVS $TRHC $UNH $HUM $WCG $CI $HQY $EHTH Low risk TRADE from the lower end of the trading range that may develop into something much more. VERY low risk so close to the line in the sand. You may end up being right, paper cut for me. If I'm right, $$$$. Well defined TRADE to start. You can be wrong a lot with defined risk
- Reif99: $WCG and all health care under pressure today
- bRobert: HMO sale day for some. Looking to shop in the $WCG @UNH aisle $HIIQ flag /bounce Long from below. Watching for flag trigger
- bRobert: HMOs . Money flow into $XLV has been very good. This group will continue to attract money. Cheap valuation . $HUM . growing at 20% . gift pullbacks . $WCG $UNH . $CNC . others . $ANTM . too extended but likely going higher . Flagging from the stratosphere.
- bRobert: $HUM . $UNH . $WCG . Flag day . Set alerts $CVS . Long tight range consolidation . . Alerts .
- bRobert: $HUM . Dip buyers Top/bottom line beat. Long $WCG flag . $300 target . $unh . $300+
- bRobert: $ANTM . Animal spirits, good thing I'm an animal lover . Long term hold. Much more than a week $UNH . I sleep well with this. Multi year hold. $WCG . $300 . price tag soon. $HIIQ . $50 . $CVS . Consolidation and pinching i. Good risk/reward
- bRobert: $CNC $WCG Both top and bottom line beats and raised guidance. Market reaction to be determined. $WCG $300 measured move $CNC $145 Long . Will add on pb/bounces until measured moves complete $CVS Chart is doing some work. Slowly shaping up. High upside for the patient investor $HUM Reports pm $330+ target
- bRobert: $WCG added on dipper $300+ Most of sector perky Going higher
- woodman: @bRobert $WCG -- I held through earnings. Making a higher high now.
- bRobert: @woodman $WCG I'm holding all of them through earnings. Partial profits taken
- bRobert: $HUM flag Reports 2/6 $WCG flag /trigger Reports tomorrow Partial profits prudent after nice runs. Much more to go if no land mines through earnings
- PJMR11: @bRobert $CGC $WCG $UNH $ANTM $DPZ Excellent points. 1-2 % moves up and down are not the problem. It is just the 5-10% plus moves that are the problem. I try to keep in mind that stocks don’t go straight up. By the way, thanks for taking the time to respond. Your advice is always appreciated.
- bRobert: @PJMR11 $CGC $WCG $UNH $ANTM $DPZ Market volatility may subside as the markets gain more clarity on the health of the world economy. A better buy and hold environment. Trading around a core helps book profits and stay involved in good stocks.
- woodman: Tidying up some of my posts.... Here are some at interesting levels; each needs a little push: $NBEV $WLL $CDXS $AMRN $LASR $WCG $VECO $NVAX.
- bRobert: HMOs . STRONG group . Add on pb/bounces. They take turns popping/resting $WCG flag . $300+
- bRobert: @PJMR11 $CGC Take your strategy out for a test drive and see how you like it. In stocks with volatile swings it certainly makes sense. In stocks having good long runs eg $WCG $UNH $ANTM $DPZ Not so much Depends on the character of the stock, the market trend and its relative volatility, position size.
- bRobert: $HIIQ Continues slow but steady climb in a tight channel. 10d ma can be a nice stop. $50 target. $WCG flag trigger >$280 projects to $300 Nice $50 run so far in this casino Reports 2/5
- bRobert: $ANTM $300 magnet 10% move Partials taken. Rest of the sector is partying. Adding to a few. Watch $HIIQ $WCG flag trigger
- woodman: $WCG - some flag-like consolidation at old resistance (11/7 intraday high).
- bRobert: @woodman $WCG $300 sooner than later once >$280
- bRobert: @woodman $WCG $HUM flag up
|Stock Price||$USD 349.92|
Wellcare Health Plans, Inc. provides managed care services including prescription drug plans and health plans for families, children and the aged, blind and disabled.Request Video of WCG
Already a member? Sign in here.
- $USD 60.15 7.76%
- $USD 140.11 5.09%
- $USD 177.17 -2.78%
- $USD 224.05 -18.81%
- $USD 48.84 -14.52%
- $USD 248.04 -10.15%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 69,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (69,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!