Weight Watchers International Inc (NASDAQ:WTW)
Old Forum Content for WTWMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- woodman: $WTW consolidating on the 50 day. Earnings 8/6 amc.
- PJMR11: @woodman $WTW I have traded this over the last few days taking small daily profits. My concern is the 200DMA is 20 points down. Waiting for that to get closer to 50DMA before I take a longer term position..
- woodman: @PJMR11 $WTW - If not for earnings, you could buy it without worry, using a stop under the recent low (7/16). I'm not concerned about the 200 day in and of itself, but earnings is always a wildcard. I have a bunch and will hold at least some through (still to be decided how much I keep over earnings).
- PJMR11: $WTW Took a position today on this PB. Set tight stop, as 200 DMA is almost 20 points below.
- PJMR11: $WTW Raised stop.
- PJMR11: $WTW Stopped out. Did add a little lunch money
- woodman: $WTW - green at the moment; inside day at the 50 day. Probably not a bad spot here - or soon - to start accumulating if you've been interested, though you'll have to decide your plan for earnings which are estimated for early Aug. (I haven't seen a confirmed date yet.)
- GuitarGuy: @woodman $WTW I believe they report on August 2nd. At least according to "Earnings Whisper". I should add, they report after hours...4:15pm
- woodman: @GuitarGuy $WTW - that's an unconfirmed estimate based on last report's date.
- gmj: @woodman $WTW I’m in at 91 with a 15% pos and will add as I see vol and price move higher with a SL below the 50Ma.
- woodman: $WTW - I sold most of mine when it started to pullback. I added back a bunch today.
- mopick: @woodman $WTW, needs to hold $90 I would assume. Looks like a good risk/reward.
- woodman: @mopick $WTW - I'm giving it a little more leeway than that, using the 50 day as my rough area of support.
- gmj: $WTW added on this vol pop raised my stop too
- gmj: $WTW starter pos small down here near 50MA ... upside bounce off 90
- bRobert: @gmj $WTW Small bearish pattern target $90 acquired. A few gaps below to watch. 88 & 80 .
- woodman: $WTW - consolidating on this pullback. Don't lose sight of it.
- debeers: @woodman $WTW - would love to see Oprah come out, before Thanksgiving, instead of after. My concern is that she is depleting the WTW food brand by her new venture.
- woodman: @debeers $WTW - Coming out? Isn't she married?
- debeers: @Forexpro $DXCM $EXAS $LULU $WTW $TIF $CNC #E-MiniFutures -today dismissive waves are focused on $NKE, $BOOT, $MTN, As $RACE, and Nordy's :$JWN- as well as $AMZN, $BA--Nordy's is fed up with analyst meetings, oversight, etc and the fam wants it back and, as far as I'm concerned, I've contributed to them for years and they can damn well pay up if they want my stock. $BOOT bought Tinsdales without 1 red cent of debt out of their cash hoard. That's what cowboys (backed by JPM) do. Have the best weekend. Did you see Mookie last night??? They must be crazed........
- debeers: @Forexpro $DXCM $EXAS $LULU $WTW $TIF $CNC #E-MiniFutures -I am out of Poop and have thinned WTW.
- debeers: @woodman $WTW -I meant make a public statement. A debutante she ain't: just hardworking and brilliant.
- woodman: $WTW may have found support at top of 6/12 gap up.
- captron: $WTW - Cashing out for now. Nice profits.
- woodman: @captron $WTW - slapped down at VWAP.
- captron: @woodman $WTW Would like for it to pull back to lower 90's and make another run at the 100 zone and see if it can stay above for awhile.
- woodman: @captron $WTW - some areas of interest: top of prior gap (6/12) 90.50; bottom of prior gap 88-ish. 50 day, currently 86.32.
- captron: @woodman $WTW You are saying History will repeat. Watching. Thanks
- debeers: @bRobert $HIIQ $MCHP $CY $ON $AMD $SMH $MU $WTW $WWE $LULU $TRHC -$LULU caught another upgrade.
- bigbartabs: @bRobert $NFLX $CRM $WTW $LULU $WWE $W ... your trading style... ditto! I too have little time to trade. I'm retired :) I'm glad you mentioned monthly, weekly charts... those are a resource that truely keeps me in the game, and without having to be at my laptop constantly. I once in awhile trade single tickers. But frankly, with good index and sector charts, and x3 ETFs ... one can do very well without all the baggage. I would rather deal with baggage during plane and road trips :) Cheers buddy...
- gmj: $WTW looking for input added to my sm pos on this drop with a tight SL ...
- Sher: $WTW - Not sure why this is selling off, other than the fact I took a position in it, last week!
- bRobert: @Sher $WTW Testing bottom of channel. Consolidation is healthy
- traderbren: @Sher $WTW - the Jul 95 puts and 7/27 weekly 100 puts are seeing some interest.
- bRobert: @traderbren $WTW Similar action to June.
- bRobert: @Greendayguy $HIIQ $MCHP $CY $ON $AMD $SMH $MU I try and find stocks with charts that have LARGE measured moves when triggered. eg . $WTW weekly chart JAN 18 squeezing. at $50 Measured move was to $90 (CUP/HANDLE). This was a very tight ...
- Greendayguy: @bRobert $HIIQ $MCHP $CY $ON $AMD $SMH $MU $WTW $WWE $LULU $TRHC Thank you very much, great advice. Much appreciated. I started small positions in $MCHP and $ON on Friday for short term trades. We'll see how they go, and of course I have stops in ...
- bRobert: @gwenzee Just for clarification, as a rule I don't like to day trade . Sometimes, a great opportunity presents itself and I have the time to manage it. (59 min trade) I have a busy day job that doesn't often lend itself to this time frame. I don't want to sit in front of a screen all day. I prefer finding stocks that have great weekly/monthly charts with a very high upside/low risk. Get a good entry from a shorter time frame chart. Get full position/overweight great strategic positions on strength eg $NFLX $CRM $WTW $LULU $WWE $W Hold them as long as the cow produces good milk. The volatility this year has presented greater challenges than the past few. A bit more partial profit taking, option hedging , tighter trailing stops.
- gwenzee: @bRobert $NFLX $CRM $WTW $LULU $WWE $W Never said you day trader. Where did you get that impression? I just warned the newbie about doing it. I don't do it either....not my style either.
- bRobert: @gwenzee $NFLX $CRM $WTW $LULU $WWE $W Wasn't meant for you specifically. Just a general piece of info for the forum. There are many excellent day traders here. I'm not one of them. Not my preferred style, even if I had the time. I like a little fresh air and a pretty view.
- bRobert: $WTW Nice little high base . High targets with move >105+. Target $112
- bRobert: $WTW Perky intraday charts $105+ targets
- woodman: @bRobert $WTW - weightless.
- bRobert: $WTW completing small high base cup. Little handle might be last touch. Further sideways action would be healthier and provide a better springboard Move >105 + trigger
- bRobert: $WTW WEEKLY flag Looking for next leg. Move >102.50 should get this going. Long term hold.
- bRobert: $WTW Small high base. Trigger $105 Target $113+
- bRobert: $WTW . Easy to hold. Strong underlying support. Earnings August.
- debeers: $WTW-Another stock on an exchange that is a"complete waste of your time."......Unless of course you think that a stock that is up over 125% so far this year and goes down less when the market goes down and goes up a lot when the market goes up is a complete waste of your time............It's not. No Oprah enterprise ever was. Folks love her and believe her and that, friends, is exchange proof!
- bRobert: $WTW . Long to hold with trading around core. Weekly flag Watching for trigger/next leg to add.
- bRobert: @spmeyers $GBR This stock was in a prolonged . weekly/daily volatility squeeze . It is a micro cap that trades small volumes. It wouldn't take much to get the squeeze to pop. SMM is not the only forum that tracks/trades them. Many send text alerts when there is blood in the water. The nature of these squeezes is powerful movement. up or down. Eventually the punch bowl will be empty. Look at flipcoin weekly squeeze/pop. I wouldn't hold this overnight. Not a big position. $WTW and $WWE . were/are large positions .for me from . their weekly squeeze breakouts. . They are still going
- PJMR11: @bRobert $GBR $WTW $WWE Another one like GBR last week was bio
- PJMR11: @bRobert $GBR $WTW $WWE $XBIO
- captron: $WTW - Will the window dressing buyers include this one in their baskets. Its trying to get back above 100
- debeers: $WTW-The market goes down, Oprah goes down less. The market goes up, Oprah goes up more. What's not to like?
- bRobert: $WTW took partial profits on $105 pop . trailing stop rest. Repeat Zag towards 20d before ?bounce.
- captron: $WTW - Looks like it is going to build a base right here. NP
- bRobert: @captron $WTW A little rest would let the 50d catch up a bit and provide a better springboard. But if it wants to rocket to $115 , I won't argue
- bRobert: $SHAK similar chart to $WTW. A litttle rest for next move. Short squeeze
- bRobert: $WTW Flag trigger watch
- steve71: @bRobert $TACO $WTW $SHAK $WING Nice combo of fast food stocks with Weight Watchers! Do you want fries with that?
- bRobert: @steve71 $TACO $WTW $SHAK $WING Sweet potato fries
- bRobert: $WTW Weekly/daily flag forming . Move > $106 opens up door to $120. Shorts 4d to cover. Stop below flag. Long term hold. Trading around a core.
- bRobert: $WTW flag Trigger > $105
- bRobert: $WTW Strong support. Not much tome to buy the dip.
- cmaxwel1: @debeers $BA $DXCM $EXAS $LULU $MTN $NFLX $WTW $TIF ($BA), I am waiting to add more. Not yet.
- bRobert: $WTW up 2%+ pm. target 1 $110
- bRobert: @debeers $WTW Measured move. This stock has traded in a very polite technical manner since the teens breakout and has completed all measured moves.
- debeers: @bRobert $WTW --where did you see this as a target or are you just projecting a measured move? .LONG
$WTW- food/meetings or web and now global. Enrollment in Germany is booming. I hope Angela takes Oprah up on the offer
$TIF-The ONLY stock belonging to LUXE and SUBSCRIPTION. $TIF has automatic reorders for
- bRobert: $WTW $105 short term measured move target hit. Stops raised $110 ahead Not necessarily in a straight line
debeers: $WTW-OOH! LOOK! Just in time for the Oppy Consumer conf.today-Oprah's timing is flawless:
NEW YORK, June 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Weight Watchers International, Inc. (NYSE: WTW) ("WW") announces that it has launched a global, summer marketi ...
- debeers: $WTW-If you'd actually like to learn more about what you've been fortunate enough to own: NEW YORK, June 15, 2018/ PRNewswire/-- Weight Watchers International, Inc. today announced that Nick Hotchkin, Chief Financial Officer and President, Emerging Markets, will present at the Oppenheimer 18 th Annual Consumer Conference in Boston, MA. The presentation will be held on Tuesday, June 19 at 1:05 p.m. Eastern Time and will be accessible via live audio webcast on the Company's corporate website at www.weightwatchersinternational.com.
- debeers: @Forexpro #E-MiniFutures --Hmmmm.........The last 2 times DAN was out, despite dire predictions to the contrary, the market was fine. Of course, that was before the networks relentlessly beating" the sky is falling syndrome." i gotta say, Forex, will that prevent 1 sale of a $DXCM meter, 1 less cancer test $EXAS, i missed yoga class$LULU, anyone not going on some damn diet $WTW, the cancellation of a marriage proposal$TIF, not getting health insurance$CNC???Will it?? If the market goes down, will the wealthy stop skiing, going to resorts? Will it???
Forexpro: @debeers $DXCM $EXAS $LULU $WTW $TIF $CNC #E-MiniFutures
Dunno; the correlation between actual financial impacts and investor/consumer psychology seems to be quite variable. Fear of loss can result in people pulling back on expenditu ...
- woodman: @debeers $WTW - the stock is weightless.
- bRobert: $NTRI $WTW bouncing
- debeers: @Forexpro $DXCM $EXAS $LULU $WTW $TIF $CNC #E-MiniFutures - I grew up in Chestnut Hill and, though thehousing was pricey even then, the way my folks looked at it they got to send 3 kids to a public school that had private school ranking. It was a steal if you looked at it that way, Forexpro.
debeers: $WTW-I learned a lot from the Oppy meeting:
1. WeightWatchers is changing from a diet brand to a lifestyle brand. i think that this is the key to changing brand awareness and modifying the seasonality cycle of the co. i always used to own WTW from Th ...
- RedLeaf1: @debeers $WTW Thanks for the summary. Good stuff. Mindy + Oprah Salesforce = $$$
- Forexpro: @debeers $DXCM $EXAS $LULU $WTW $TIF $CNC #E-MiniFutures Thanks, Lady DeBeers, Several college classmates were alumni of Newton South, including a freshman suitemate, but I'm not sure that I was acquainted with any former denizens of Newton North. The Newton kids all seemed reasonably well prepared for the rigors of the Core Curriculum. Coming from a stoner school in ex-urban southern California, I had to educate myself, necessitating some catching up once I hit college. Speaking of suburban Boston, we were disappointed with the local public schools as experienced by our eldest, and our younger daughter consequently went the ISL route, at vast expense. They're both doing fine now, so the varying paths getting from there to here didn't matter much, if at all. Here's hoping that your day went well, despite the various challenges, all the best!
- bRobert: @debeers $WTW Weight reduction is a high growth play.
- bRobert: $WWE $WTW nh's . Long term holds
- bRobert: $WTW . Target 1 $100. Partial profits . stops raised. Longer term target $110 poor cousin $NTRI perky. Target 1 $42+
- bRobert: $WTW Target 1 $100 hit. Partial profits. Long term holder. Target 2 $110
- debeers: .$WTW-Presenting at the Oppenheimer's Consumer's conference on June 19th. Any dip in this one should be bought in my opinion because I am expecting upward revisions to the metrics.
- debeers: CONSUMER SENTIMENT INDEX HIGHEST EVER AT OVER 99%-This means you DO NOT SETTLE for $ULTA--you buy $EL, any pb at all in $WTW buy, today steve must be changing the windshield wiper fluid on a Ferrari because this 148.78 stock is actually down a whopping 55 cents! Oh, the horror!!. $TIF onmce again is going up. Added to m y $WTW on the am pb and will continue to do so every chance i get because Oprah is money and some folks actually need to be told to drink lotsa water and eat their veggies with the stuff we all really like. $DXCM- Cramer isn't the only one that thinks that Dexcom will be bought.
- woodman: $WTW - leaking up.
- bRobert: $NTRI higher highs/lows . $WTW poor cousin. Target $42+
- woodman: $WTW - new support 90.50.
- bRobert: @woodman $WTW Target $110. Multiple bullish technical setups
- champ: $WTW @ $94..RHRN...this looks like it could break-out now, from yesterdays ...ATH...the news is spreading, about this new $145, dollar price target and UpGrades...I added and for me now, this is a holding position..but with a #safety-stop....I'm a #believer...I'm guessing...that all of Oprah's friends and followers will be chasing, in the coming days and weeks. Really hard to know but this level, could be the last time for entry....but that is impossible to know...only a guess. It is all about the markets...and if they keep working all of the stocks that have higher price targets, should keep climbing. It is just to bad, that we don't know that, nothing is for sure....everything has risk...and we see and live with risk, daily. The bottom line is ....keep an eye on this stock.
- bRobert: @champ $WTW #safety-stop #believer Agree. Valuation wise, this is not an expensive stock given the strong projected revenue and earnings growth. the stock trades in a sane, orderly technical manner that is easy to follow. Overweight
- woodman: @bRobert @champ $WTW #safety-stop #believer - it's among my larger positions.
- Wykeman: $WTW upgraded..105 pt
- woodman: @Wykeman $WTW - sweet!
- Henry: @Wykeman $WTW Nomura sees your 105 (205 maybe) and raises to 220
- MayoEng.: @woodman $WTW owned a boat load @$10 and wasn't doing much. Sold for a small profit. Talk about kicking yourself.
- debeers: @woodman $WTW -Congrats to you who is getting fatter by the day on the price appreciation---and you got the skinny on it first!
- gmj: $WTW full pos still moving; bounce this am off 84.63. Target 100 seems reasonable but raising my incremental stops.
- KemoSabe: $WTW - Forming a flag. Need to keep an eye on it.
|Stock Price||$USD 66.44|
Weight Watchers International, Inc. is a provider of weight management services, operating globally through a network of Company-owned and franchise operations.Request Video of WTW
Already a member? Sign in here.
- November 1st, 2018 - 2018 Q3 Earnings
- November 5th, 2018 - 2018 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 43.91 0.02%
- $USD 6.32 -0.79%
- $USD 25.83 -1.15%
- $USD 33.34 -11.70%
- $USD 66.44 -4.89%
- $USD 25.83 -1.15%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 58,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (58,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!