Weight Watchers International Inc (NASDAQ:WTW)
Old Forum Content for WTWMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
$WTW – short was really on Friday.
$ALGN – this can fall a LOT farther. It was first to market, but it didn’t slam the door to competition. Almost 50% off its highs. It can fall farther.
$CHEF – building the right side of ...
- MtChet: @Gary $AMZN $SPX $DJI $MDY $IWM $NDX $DXCM $OLLI $TNDM $LFVN $ULTA $MCD $ROST $ESRX $UNH $HUM $PFE $NHC $VICI $KMG $HCKT $ROKU $MED $Z $ALRM $WTW #NOTES @Gary- Where is the link to the webinar?
- captron: $WTW - Taking a small position to keep it on the radar. Anyone else in this one. Holidays are coming and they usually do good after those.
- petros06: @Dan $WTW, hold over night with a $55 target?
- DAN: @petros06 $WTW You can do that.
Others will pop up.
- shoredriver: $WTW...more schvitzing on the treadmill by Oprah.....
- DAN: @shoredriver $WTW Stock is still on a crash diet. Must be attending meetings again and cutting down on the daily point allowance.
- etmagic: $WTW bouncing
COTD: $WTW – excellent DCB trade from Friday.
$SPX – still chaotic. Nothing to do today except pay commissions (IMHO)
$NDX – stumbling below the 200-day MA.
$ULTA – keeping it on watch list.
$OLLI – important to wait fo ...
- champ: $DJI... #up 190 points.... For me, the waiting and watching pay off again... with nice profits...because I was ready, waiting and watching. My trades were up and some of my swings were down but my trades today, kept me nicely in the Green. Yes, $WTW, worked and I did not add to $URI or any of my swings. I'm not really adding to any positions and I did take some/part profits on a few and $URI was one, of them and I'm in on the lows, on most all of my positions....this was Day-5 and will the markets move up again on #Day-6, hard to really know....but it could, on more positive news.
- shoredriver: $WTW Interesting at these levels...maybe.....
- champ: $WTW...still holding...#HOD going into earnings today.
- spmeyers: $WTW losing weight a bunch after hours
- debeers: $WTW-Well one way to get skinny is by owning this one into the print. Very bad numbers IMHO. Top and bottom miss.NP
- shoredriver: @debeers $WTW Oprah....schvitzing away.......
4. $WTW – selloff. Maybe capitulation tomorrow at $60?
5. $XRT – firming up. Still under pressure...but some retail stocks are setting up.
6. $UAA – heavily shorted. Alert $24.
7. $M – Alert $36
8. $KSS – Alert $78.6 ...
- debeers: @shoredriver $WTW --too funny M r. shoredriver!
- champ: @woodman ---- What do you think about this one $WTW @ $63.50 ...do you think they will beat their new subscriber numbers..??....if they do, this will really bounce...they report Thursday, 11/1/A....off $40 from the high. You and I have been there many times before...
- bsnceo: @champ $WTW any explanation anyone can offer about the wide price ranges this year? It was down 40% from the high before this market volatility
- champ: @bsnceo $WTW --- Know not really, this stock mostly only moves on news, I have been in and out of this since it was around $8.00, very hard stock to hold, even at this level. This is trading stock for many and the low today @ $61.54 could be around the new low...but there is know way to know...all entries are at risk...because of the markets. I'm watching volume, going into earnings, looking for clues..
- woodman: @champ $WTW - I have no clue about soon to be reported subscriber numbers. I'd be completely guessing, which isn't a good basis for me to buy it before earnings.
- champ: $XRT ....Names in the Retail-Sector are really holding up really well...$GOOS is outperforming....$WTW is also strong and both are hanging around HOD...
- champ: $WTW up $2 off of LOD
- champ: $HA @ $34.61 at a high risk entry this morning...for me. Here is another one $WTW @ $66.66.
- debeers: $WTW-Bought strictly as a value play going into "dear God, I have to face these people at Thanksgiving and then there's the Christmas photos and I know I'll have to have the chocolate lava cake even though I said I wasn't going to (who am I kidding?) so I have to lose the weight NOW ."season. --Analyst Actions: JP Morgan Adds WW to America's Analyst Focus List; Maintains Overweight Rating, $120 PT 1:51 PM ET, 10/02/2018 - MT Newswires 01:51 PM EDT, 10/02/2018 (MT Newswires) --
- bRobert: @debeers $WTW As a teen I bought Playboy strictly for the articles. ;) $WTW shifting image to a total body/mind wellness theme away from pure weight reduction . Smart. Besides being a more healthy approach to life it allows cross selling of many new revenue generating products/services .
- champ: $WTW ...$69....maybe just maybe...this is entry this morning.
- bRobert: @champ $WTW Bottom of range
- champ: @bRobert $WTW @ $69 ----- I'm in around todays low....dropped thur the lower b-band...sure looks like entry to me...if you look at the chart...this has to to be around the low....this level should hold...using the words... has and should.....but the bottom line is.... I don't know anything, this is just a traders educated guess....thats all it is...off of $JPM strong upgrade, with a new target at $$120..and honestly they should have a better understanding, on where entry is.....and they have this stock on there....#Focus-List...so the real guess is...all of there customers are also #watching-and-waiting--for-entry-timing...I'm #Guessing.
- captron: $WTW - I have not started to see any adds yet. A little early. Once they start, we should see some progress in the right direction.
- TunaHelper: @champ $WTW $JPM #Focus-List #watch-and-waiting--for-entry-timing Very interesting that $JPM added it to their focus list with a price target > 70% from its current position. If I was one of their clients, I would wait for it demonstrate that it's done going down - specifically by breaking out and testing the 200dma a few times from above it (as support) rather than below it (where it currently is resistance). The chart looks pretty painful, suggesting something has changed or the company's prospects going forward look different. However, you could be right in that it is starting its recover / bottom by tightening up sideways, but it's failing at the 200dma resistance a half a dozen times in the past couple of weeks makes me think it could very well be pausing before going lower.
- debeers: $WTW- I looked for a bounce and it didn't so i didn't. Sometimes I'm wrong---that's the bad news; the good news is its never for long.
- champ: $OC ....looks like these small retail traders are playing every penny...but this should be a strong hold at this level....because of this upgrade yesterday...$GS came out and #Initiated a buy with a price target of $75...and now all of their customer ...
- champ: @TunaHelper $WTW $JPM #Focus-List #watch-and-waiting--for-entry-timing --- I agree all lows are and look painful but low are entries, for full time traders/investors. Your right about #entry-timing, you have to be in around the turn and if your lucky ...
- champ: $WTW @ $71.77....They are also at a Conference today and I think they will be guiding higher, not lower ...could be why $JPM put out that strong upgrade. #Consumer-and-Media-Conference, maybe #ORPA will be there. Also in the last 40 days, this stock has had 3 other really positive upgrades by... $MS, $GS and Oppenheimer and if they talk about new Subscriber growth today, this stock could really bounce and it looks like it is #spring- loaded for a bounce...#Be-Award!
- captron: $NTRI -Back above VWAP. Saw one of their adds offering 40% off. Between $WTW and $NTRI, we should make some money the next 3 months.
- champ: $WTW looks strong going into the close....we will see 5-more minutes, swing traders buying a little..
- champ: $DJI up only 56 points... but many bounce-trade-stocks held on to most of there gains off LOD...like $WTW $LGIH $PVH $LULU $DLTH $GOOS $CXO $PXD $FANG $MAS $OC $BAC $SLCA $TTD $HFC $DK $PBF $NAT $KMI $TRHC $OSB $CPA, $XPO plus others ...on the close ...but after the close.... they spread out.
- bRobert: $WTW Tightening pattern, Wedge setting up for a big move toward $90+. WEEKLY 50w bounce. Dip a toe. Loose stop Add on bullish confirmation High reward spec
- champ: $WTW @ $74 ---- Added to the #Focus-list at $JPM ...upgraded to #OverWeight and with a nice price target of $120...everyone goes crazy when this stock starts to move, now you can take a position and just wait for all the crazies. I posted the first entry in forum, on this stock when it was around $12, I think it was...in early 2017. Another #Bounce-Trade...earnings are on 11/5...$JPM will run this stock up to over $100, before earnings, they will have all of their customers in this stock, is my guess. Take a look at this #New-upgrade-today.
- bRobert: @champ $WTW $JPM #Focus-list #OverWeight #Bounce-Trade #New-upgrade-today $90 target 1 measured move.
- bRobert: $MELI VERY strong day. phase 3 type move $380 target 1 Overweight. will need $WTW
- phgruver: @issues $SPY $TQQQ $UPRO $QLD $SSO $ABMD $ALGN $HIIQ $WCG $ANTM $CNC $ILMN $TMO $XLI $BA $LMT $GD $AVAV $CAT $URI $XLK $ROKU $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL $AMZN $IBM $CSCO $TWLO $ACIA $NVDA $QCOM $MSFT $CRM $NOW $TTD $XRT $ULTA $EL $HELE $LULU $W $TSCO $IRBT $W ...
- bRobert: $WTW This is a patient trade with high upside to $90's and higher. Love the consolidation/ pinching here. Long
- Wykeman: @bRobert $SPY $TQQQ $UPRO $QLD $SSO $ABMD $ALGN $HIIQ $WCG $ANTM $CNC $ILMN $TMO $XLI $BA $LMT $GD $AVAV $CAT $URI $XLK $ROKU $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL $AMZN $IBM $CSCO $TWLO $ACIA $NVDA $QCOM $MSFT $CRM $NOW $TTD $XRT $ULTA $EL $HELE $LULU $W $TSCO $IRBT $WTW $AAN $ROST $TGT $COST $LOW $HD $MCD $DPZ $DIN $XME $CF $CLF $HACK $FTNT $PANW $FDX $UAL $UNP $NSC $ODFL $XPO $XLF $BX $KKR $FLT $SQ $C $JPM $DIS $DISCA $SNE $TTWO $MTCH ? My eyes are wide open. And I do have positions in other sectors. I choose not to publish every position, or trade I have in this forum. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
- bRobert: @Wykeman $SPY $TQQQ $UPRO $QLD $SSO $ABMD $ALGN $HIIQ $WCG $ANTM $CNC $ILMN $TMO $XLI $BA $LMT $GD $AVAV $CAT $URI $XLK $ROKU $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL $AMZN $IBM $CSCO $TWLO $ACIA $NVDA $QCOM $MSFT $CRM $NOW $TTD $XRT $ULTA $EL $HELE $LULU $W $TSCO $IRBT $WTW $AAN $ROST $TGT $COST $LOW $HD $MCD $DPZ $DIN $XME $CF $CLF $HACK $FTNT $PANW $FDX $UAL $UNP $NSC $ODFL $XPO $XLF $BX $KKR $FLT $SQ $C $JPM $DIS $DISCA $SNE $TTWO $MTCH Neither do I. But when I hear other influential members take an overly cautious attitude and say there's nothing to invest in RHRN , I feel a bit obliged .
- issues: @bRobert $SPY $TQQQ $UPRO $QLD $SSO $ABMD $ALGN $HIIQ $WCG $ANTM $CNC $ILMN $TMO $XLI $BA $LMT $GD $AVAV $CAT $URI $XLK $ROKU $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL $AMZN $IBM $CSCO $TWLO $ACIA $NVDA $QCOM $MSFT $CRM $NOW $TTD $XRT $ULTA $EL $HELE $LULU $W $TSCO $IRBT $WTW $AAN $ROST $TGT $COST $LOW $HD $MCD $DPZ $DIN $XME $CF $CLF $HACK $FTNT $PANW $FDX $UAL $UNP $NSC $ODFL $XPO $XLF $BX $KKR $FLT $SQ $C $JPM $DIS $DISCA $SNE $TTWO $MTCH Everything seems so pricey! Stocks are so expensive. I remember when stocks where under $40 or $50 /share. Now they're all over $100 and $200 and some go into the stratosphere where they fetch $400 on up. Wow. I think it's inflation, don't you?
- bRobert: @Wykeman $SPY $TQQQ $UPRO $QLD $SSO You have energy, healthcare IBB XLV . devices $ABMD $ALGN ,HMOs $HIIQ $WCG $ANTM $CNC . etc . $ILMN $TMO $XLI industrials eg $BA $LMT $$GD $AVAV .$CAT .$URI etc, $XLK still works . $ROKU $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL $AMZN $IBM $CSCO $TWLO $ACIA . $NVDA $QCOM $MSFT Clouds . $CRM $NOW . $TTD . Retail $XRT $ULTA $EL $HELE $LULU $W $TSCO $IRBT $WTW $AAN $ROST $TGT $COST $LOW $HD . Food $MCD $DPZ $DIN . etc . $XME $CF . $CLF . $HACK . $FTNT $PANW . Transports $FDX $UAL RAILS $UNP $NSC etc Trucking $ODFL $XPO $XLF . $BX $KKR $FLT $SQ . Down the road $C $JPM I'm leaving things out but this is a good snapshot of what is working. Entertainment . $DIS $NFLX $DISCA $SNE $TTWO Romance $MTCH . A lot is working if you open your eyes. That's why the averages are printing nh's
- bRobert: $WTW Setting up for a nice run. Long $W $150 target just ahead. Raising trailers
- bRobert: $WTW I know many follow this stock. W bottom. Finishing higher low right leg. White candle yest. $68.48 stop (just under the prior day's low) Small entry with a move >200d . target 1 $80.
- bRobert: $WTW Good bounce off the 50 WEEK. Still work to do but a patient long term holder will get a nice return as this fashions out a bottom and continues a trek to old highs. Long term hold . Patience
- bRobert: @bsafriet I RARELY day trade. I'm more likely to take advantage of extreme moves and find a good entry. My preference is to be in intermediate to long term trades with high measured move targets. My goal is long term appreciation with minimal m ...
- CraigReynolds: @bRobert $BA $CAT $CRM $UNH $WWE $WTW $LULU $SHOP $MELI Been trading a few months. Sharing your sand is really a big help. My problem is the interest in everything. Need to focus on a couple of trade items and venture out as opportunity presents. Thank you for sharing.
- bRobert: $WTW +MACD cross Baby steps
- bRobert: $WTW . Positive RSI .divergence to stock price. . Big technical hurdles ahead , but this works as a long term value and growth play. Small spec can really growth with a turnaround. A move >200d to $80 would trigger W, (less bullish lower right leg). and a $95+ target Baby steps. Patience. Strong Oct earnings (no edge) . and New Year's resolutions for health could be big catalysts .
- Wykeman: $WTW added to s&p 400
- captron: $WTW- Starting a position. Looking perky this morning. Maybe an early start to the holiday season and diets.
- bRobert: @captron $WTW 50week bounce. Stop below. October earnings
- captron: @bRobert $WTW Agree, thanks.
- Robert1965: @captron $WTW this was posted on fidelity 05:15 AM EDT, 09/10/2018 (MT Newswires) -- Weight Watchers International(WTW) will replace aerospace and defense contractor KLX Inc.(KLXI) in the S&P MidCap 400 effective prior to the open of trading on Sept. 18, S&P Dow Jones Indices said late Friday
- issues: @captron $WTW Bought it also. Thank you SIR!@!
- Wykeman: $WTW if it doesn't hold here, looks like 60 is in the cards. NP
- bRobert: $WTW Has completed a h&s top 105 - 87.50 = 17.50 87.50 - 17.50 = $70.00 We're there. LOOKING for a bounce. Costs nothing to watch. Other trades are working well. Don't fall in love with any stock. Easier to stay with stocks having strong winds at their back. This stock has some work to do. It has good long term potential. Volunteer in a soup kitchen if you want to help the needy. . Keep a watchful eye.
- bRobert: $WTW . Setting up for double bottom with positive divergences. Low risk entry with green candle.
- bRobert: $WTW . Look for a higher low (Bollinger ) . W . bottom bounce . this will provide a low risk entry with a stop. High upside likely into October earnings. Very high earnings/revenue growth. I think this will be retesting highs at some point.
- bRobert: @bwcarnation1 $COOL It is not difficult. Keep things simple. Slow things down. Focus on finding a few very good stocks with awesome WEEKY charts. Stalk for a good entry. With a good entry and appropriate stop and position size,, give it a chan ...
- Wykeman: $WTW slowly filling gap.
- bRobert: $WTW Short little reversal target met $80. Looking for pullback and right shoulder surgery. Inverse c& h target would be $90 . Wait for it to develop. Still some work to do. This pullback was healthy and necessary. The stock had run up from $10 to $100 + in 18 months. An amazing run
- captron: $WTW - Day 3 of the rebound.
- captron: $WTW - Starting a position.
- Motorman: @captron $WTW Yes, day 2 of bounce off 200 day. Sold half above, considering reloading.
- vfr777: $WTW could be making a U-Turn at the 200day
- champ: @Robert1965 $LULU ---- No just watching, I'm not holding very many stocks...but I did get back in $WTW....for a #Bounce-Trade
- woodman: $NFLX $WTW, both still in descent. 8dEMA is plummeting resistance. Next stop: 200 day.
- captron: $WTW - I am thinking this might be a good 59 minute trade in the morning. Putting it on the list to consider.
- Wykeman: $WTW she's moving...$90
- woodman: $WTW - still a falling knife. Don't guess where it will stop. Let it tell you. The stock has suffered some damage. May take some time to repair itself.
- PJMR11: @woodman $WTW Agreed. Keeping on watch list but it has plenty of work to do
- captron: @woodman $WTW Combine the work it needs to do with the market is do a pull back, really sharp knife falling.
- Motorman: $WTW sold part of position down 2, only to see it reverse...still holding half.
- debeers: @woodman $WTW -Mindy due to be on Squak this am. Remember this isn't one of their best 2 Q's which come post turkey day and post x mas.Would like them to do more of the "invite a friend" promos which had a 70% conversion rate and Mindy said that that was in the offing.
debeers: $WTW-Here's the IBD take on the earnings:
Weight Watchers (WTW) earnings beat Q2 views, but revenue fell short as subscriber growth slowed despite an expanding roster of celebrity support.
Estimates: Wall Street expected Weight Watchers earnings to s ...
- bRobert: $WTW gaps filled. Mentioned this yesterday. Puts sold. Will LOOK for new bullish trades....if they develop
- wijimmy: @bRobert $WTW.... NO FLOOR TODAY !!!
- PJMR11: $WTW Is 200DMA the stopper. Hope it is better than the stopper for the Phillies last night
- champ: $WTW ---- Covering...at $78.33
- woodman: @champ $WTW - some old resistance around 77-78.
- champ: @woodman $WTW ---- I did really well....so for me ....it was just time to move on....I have others working...that I need to stay focus on.
- bigbartabs: @champ $WTW ... short interest 14.70%... looks like the shorts were major right this time.
- DAN: @wijimmy $WTW Weight loss continues to go well. So far, it's shed more than 13 pounds today. ;-) Falling knife.
- champ: @bigbartabs $WTW ---- After the subscriber miss yesterday....that was a great set-up for a new short position......I don't really like to short but the set-up was outstanding.
- shoredriver: $WTW reports tonight..options imply a 12 ish% move....hold em or fold em? leaning towards hold...
- woodman: Implied moves for earnings this week (m=mthly): $HEAR 24.8% M $TWLO 14.2% $WTW 12.2% $ETSY 13.5% M $Z 8.4% $SNAP 16.9% $DIS 4.1% $MTCH 10.6% M $WB 8.5% $KORS 9.5% $SINA 8.5% $ROKU 12.6% $BKNG 6.0% $SRPT 8.8% $NTES 6.3% $DBX 11.5% $OLED 11.0% $AAOI 13.6% $GOOS 13.7% $AAXN 12.3%
- debeers: $WTW-Here's what you're looking for in earnings: high estimate .93, average estimate is .88, low estimate is .83. Revenues should be at least 409.5mm for the Q which is a rather robust 19.87% above the y/o/y Q from last year. I think that the combo of Mindy Grossman and Oprah should do the trick. Folks keep waiting for the co to come up short and it just doesn't ---at least not yet).. Conf call at 5pm eastern. You want to hear how they differentiate themselves from other lifestyle brands.
- champ: @debeers $WTW ---- Spec entry this morning was around $90.66...for a Day-Trade.
debeers: $WTW-There's some short interest i n this one as there always is.
Will Oprah come through?
Has $WTW failed since she's been in it? I think she takes her involvement in True Foods into the WTW fold. That having been said, my favorite Q for WTW is al ...
- champ: @debeers $WTW --- I'm seeing the short interest is at 14.70%... but that depends on what site you are looking at.
- debeers: $WTW-for champ. Here's the info you requested: Short interest has decreased 5% per the short squeeze report with which i am sure you are familiar. Still its significant. What is statistically important to me, is that there was a recent drop of 5% i ...
- champ: @debeers $WTW --- Thanks, but I have it....and I don't really know if I'm going to hold this swing trade or not...and if I do, it will only be around 10-15%.
|Stock Price||$USD 29.55|
Weight Watchers International, Inc. is a provider of weight management services, operating globally through a network of Company-owned and franchise operations.Request Video of WTW
Already a member? Sign in here.
- February 26th, 2019 - 2018 Q4 Earnings
- February 27th, 2019 - 2018 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 121.95 5.73%
- $USD 42.27 0.14%
- $USD 43.46 -0.05%
- $USD 29.08 -9.00%
- $USD 18.12 -4.58%
- $USD 41.93 -3.70%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 60,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (60,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!