VanEck Vectors Gold Miners (:GDX)
Old Forum Content for GDXMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- wijimmy: @scottrades #GOLD .. CRAZY RIGHT ... $JNUG, $NUGT, $GDX and most miners getting slammed hard ... I finally got TOS up and working this morning .. and thought it was wrong when i seen $JNUG -25% with huge vol
- scottrades: My notes: What am I doing? Watching the leaders and asking myself… where’s VWAP? $SPY/$QQQ Look for more bounces next week. $GDX/NUGT I posted a note in the forum about why these are selling off. It’s nice to know but Focus on the chart pattern. $AMD Day traded this a few times today. Let’s talk about how I used the VWAP for bounces. Some Stocks to watch for a bounce Monday: $TWTR, $UBER I’ll have a list of stocks Monday morning for the Live Trading Session as well.
- brett_anderson: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ $GDX $AMD $TWTR $UBER #VWAP -- let's see it!
- bigbartabs: $GLD $GDX $GDXJ... seems the gold bugs are starting to get nervous. Often a sign that markets are bottoming out.
- champ: @bigbartabs $GLD $GDX $GDXJ --- Nice run but everything that goes up, has been falling back. I have alerts set...and I continue to look around, all around.
- Herb: @scottrades $NUGT Among all the down groups, where did the gold and silver miners ($GDX $SIL) come in today? Why were they ripped so badly with the $GLD slightly up?
- scottrades: If the Market bounces today and we get a pullback in some of the Gold/Silver miners I'll be watching for them to firm up near the 8EMA. $GOLD $KGC $WPM $AUY $GDX $NUGT $GDXJ
- Nepenthe: @scottrades $GOLD Could you say the same for $NUGT/$GDX? Phase two? Cheers.
- scottrades: @Nepenthe $GOLD $NUGT $GDX We'll know more tomorrow, but I like them above the 8EMA.
- scottrades: @scottrades $GOLD $NUGT $GDX Hey guys, sorry, looks like some of the miners are fading and taking the ETFs with them. I'd hold off on buying this if you're not already in.
$GDX/$GDXJ$NUGT I like them above the 8EMA
$GOLD Holding at the 8EMA Looking for other miners to hold this level too. Ex Divy tomorrow
$NEM Still working
$WPM Still working, I sold some yesterday looking to buy back close to support or on a break hi ...
- teacher5: $BEAT $CYBR $CIEN $DDD $PINS $GDX $SLV (my small portfolio) All have gapped down except $GDX and $SLV which have gapped up. Do I take profits on the winners (Which are already moving down) and buy more on the losers, or just sit tight? Thanks.
- DrScience: @Yes-Man $NUGT With tongue firmly planted in cheek, I ask: What don't you see? Exactly! It's a long-running joke about the 3X leveraged funds. While it's nice to see where the fund has been, you really have to zoom in to get any detail. The structure and portfolio of 3X funds makes them notorious for losing NAV in the very long run. Plus, by doing splits and reverse-splits to keep price in a range, fund managers engage more traders. However, those characteristic of tends to really screw up longer-term charts as you see. Trading the 3X funds is definitely not for the faint-of-heart. A few % move in the underlying index ($GDX is a major component) translates into 10% moves in $NUGT, and $DUST, the inverse ETF. For some light, by-the-fire evening reading, here's a link about the fund: http://www.direxion.com/products/direxion-daily-gold-miners-bull-3x-etf
- Yes-Man: @DrScience $NUGT $GDX $DUST Thank you for explanation! Will do some reading by the fire this evening w a hot toddy!
- scottrades: My video notes: What to do on a day with no good Squeezes? I like to Study. $SPY Today was Dramatic. Tomorrow is important. $QQQ Holding at the 50 Day. $GDX/$GDXJ/$NUGT Extended but worth holding if you’re in from below. Here’s some individual miners to watch: $GOLD This is up 20% since our live session $WPM I sold a little into this. $FSM Watch for this to grind sideways a build a higher base. I sold some and bought back. $HL Watch above 3.50 $NEM Can’t buy this here. But consider a partial stop if you’re in this.
- champ: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ $GDX $GDXJ $NUGT $GOLD $WPM $FSM $HL $NEM --- Yes, really important, for sure.
- Hemal: $GDX Good Morning, this is definitely breaking out on volume. I have a significant position and will add when opportunity presents itself. CB of $28.66. May consider buying if holds at R1 or breaks through R2
- scottrades: My video notes for today: $SPY/$QQQ Closed below the 8EMA, the Weekly AVWAP Gave us clues. $GDX Strong but now perhaps overbought. Stay on the Weekly chart $WPM I’m on the weekly chart now with this. Wpm $GORO Popping above a base $PING Out of this today. $FSM Daily C&H Watch above 4. $PG Defensive sector, close to breaking out of a base. $RY Good earnings. Stock held the gap. $OPI Popping out of a squeeze. $KDP Coming out of a squeeze. Support at the 50/200 Day MA $PNFP Holding at the 50 Day. $FSS A loose Squeeze right at the 50 Day.
- scottrades: Good morning guys! Here's my watch-list for this morning live session. $MS Gaping down to the 50 Day on Etrade Takeover News. $NIO Chinese Tesla. Very volatile. $CPRT Slight Miss on Revs and EPS. Gaping down close to the 50 Day. $PING Small float IPO close to Highs. Earnings March 4 $SBUX Small shelf above the 50 Day. Alert at 90.50 $GSX Hitting New highs. $PINS Watching for a Day 2 Reversal $NUGT/$GDX Goooooooooold. $PAAS Just announced Earnings. Miss on Revs by 1.97M Slight Gap down could be a buying op. Close to new highs. $USAS Low Dollar Silver Miner right at the 50 Day. $FSM Potential Daily C&H. Right at the 50 Day. $OR Gold miner holding at the 200 Day. $GORO Low Dollar Gold Miner right at the 50 Day. Here's the link for the webinar if you didn't catch it below: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6537902152462802179
- Hemal: @Hemal $GDX This one is close to breaking out of pivot on Weekly CH on volume. I am planning of adding at some point.
- Hemal: $GDX Added to GDX and most likely now I have a full position unless GDX starts a markup phase. Very close to starting one if it continues to break out.
- sierramp: $GDX is kissing the downward sloping trend line now. It is very close to R1 and has been the point of rejection twice before.
- Hemal: $GDX This one is close to pivot on weekly C&H $29.87. Looks like change in character. Volume is only 5% above average (Now 9% above average as I am drafting this note) courtesy TC 2000 vol buzz. I have significant position on this one with cost basis of $28.31. Planning on holding as long as GDX doesn't give me reason to sell
- scottrades: My video notes today: $SPY New Highs on low volume. Closed below VWAP $QQQ Closed just above VWAP $GDX Breaking out. Welcome back old friend. $SIRI Looked good all day, slapped back down near the close. $PAGS IBD 50 Stock Squeezing. Watch for a move above the 200 Day MA. $WPM Too extended to buy, but looks good on the weekly and monthly. $PING IPO Stock Squeezing $WAL In a Squeeze, you’ll want to see this hold the 50 day. $PNFP Just under the 50 Day MA. $CPRT High Squeeze $PZZA Squeezing higher $EPAM High dollar squeeze $BIP High Squeeze
- scottrades: I like $GDX here, though I have had a hard time taming this beast lately. Looks good on a weekly chart.
- Hemal: @scottrades $GDX Weekly C&H. I plan on adding around $29.90 if breaks out above pivot on volume. I am still holding from out conversation few days ago
- Wykeman: @scottrades $SDC I watched that story. The word lawsuits kept reverberating in my head! Scott when I view 6 month on $PAAS and $GDX I see bullish pennants. What say you? #goldandsilver #silverandgold
- scottrades: @Wykeman $SDC $PAAS $GDX #goldandsilver #silverandgold Yep, I agree that the longer term view is the way to look at the metals right now.
- ehaglund: @scottrades $SDC $PAAS $GDX #goldandsilver #silverandgold $SDC down 4.5% in pre-market...
$GDX Wedge daily.
$FB. W. $225. $300 WEEKLY inv H&S Long term hold
$SNAP. $19 . W. $30 . WEEKLY reversal
$GBTC. extended. $17 /$32 . WEEKLY reversal
$EXAS. $105 w/$125. Reversal. inv. H&S
$XPO. $115. $ODFL. $240. Look f ...
- Ajax4Hire: $NUGT - 3X Gold ETF $GDX - Gold Miner ETF both are Harmonic Convergence, $NUGT especially. Must wait till Friday, Feb 21st, 7 more days trading for BollingerBands to reduce/volatility squeeze.
- sierramp: @scottrades $SBUX That's a heck of a handle on the Sept thru Jan cup. Would have to get above 89.45 to get my attention. Too much like my experience with $GDX.
- scottrades: My video notes for tonight: $SPY/$QQQ Tight Range today right up until the 3:30 ramp. $GDX Still Grinding around $TWTR Took this reversal today. $THO Nice volume pushing this out of a base $SPGI Popping out of a Squeeze $FTNT In a Squeeze, alert at 120.30 $CWEN Trying to Squeeze higher. Use today’s low as a level to define your risk. $CSCO Reported Good Earnings tonight. Looks like an Inverse H&S. Watch how this opens. $GLOB Not A squeeze, but looks good here. Earnings tomorrow. $PLYM Covered this recently, triggered today. Watch for a pullback at this point.
- Ajax4Hire: $GDX VanEck Vectors Gold Miners ETF(top 15, % of holding) 12.4% $NEM Newmont Corporation 11.2% $GOLD Barrick Gold Corp 7.34% $FNV Franco-Nevada Corp 5.21% $NCM Newcrest Mining Ltd 5.13% $KL Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd 4.98% $WPM Wheaton Precious Metals Corp 4.86% $AEM Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd 4.10% $AU AngloGold Ashanti Ltd 3.51% $RGLD Royal Gold Inc 3.13% $KGC Kinross Gold Corp 2.96% $NST Northern Star Resources Ltd 2.72% $GFI Gold Fields Ltd 2.37% $PAAS Pan American Silver Corp 2.31% $EVN Evolution Mining Ltd 2.15% $BTG B2Gold Corp
- bRobert: $URI reversal with clear entry/trigger >50d $170/$175 targets $DE same $180+ $ALGN tight reversal $290 target 1 WEEKLY $400 Good spec Size does matter Small is better $LAD WEEKLY has my attention Green candle bounce from $130 support area Very SMALL spec partial $GM W bottom with divergences Just watching to gauge sector for turn Watching for move >50d $GDX Very tight coil /wedge over 50d LONG term bullish Good partial entry area with stop $45 $MAN Low risk double bottom entry with stop close by WEEKLY $130 reversal target set up $DVA Longer term hold from $55 double bottom Trailers $90 W acquired Look for pb/b $100 WEEKLY reversal
- stateofmusic: @scottrades $NUGT same with $GDX If in from slightly below, time to add another 1/4 position?
- scottrades: @stateofmusic $NUGT $GDX Pulling back a bit here. Good place as long as it holds above 31
- bRobert: @scottrades $NUGT $GDX Patience Easier to hold a few LEAP calls/spreads and let it work Add with trigger either calls or NUGT
- borden_john: @Scott what is $NUGT doing! Besides 3x $GDX:)
- Hemal: @bRobert $GLD $GDX I continue to stay long GDX with a stop at $27.71 right under anchored VWAP from a September high. If it breaks out above pivot of $29.87 on volume that may confirm C&H pattern breakout then I may add to it.
- bRobert: $GLD $GDX WEEKLY views Bullish consolidation What's not to like ? GDX respecting the 20 WEEK $34/$45 GLD Tight consolidation at the breakout $160+ Patience needed waiting for the big kettle of water to boil
- scottrades: My video notes for today: $SPY Choppy Waters. $QQQ Would like to see this come in a bit. $GDX/$NUGT Miners need to tighten up. $GLD looks better. $KL You gotta think this is going to bounce soon. $SAIL Squeeze Mentioned by @Woodman $EGAN For active Traders. Watch for some follow through. Good volume today. Upgraded today. $12 PT. $SDC Almost half of the float is short. Looking for a Squeeze. Watch 15 next week. $STZ Still working. Ex-Divy on Monday $AGN High Dollar stock. Nice Weekly break of resistance. $SBAC High Dollar stock, not for everyone. $SRCL You should be out of this now. Take the gift. Lots of supply now. $ARCC Slow mover. Pays a small dividend. $HEIA Coming out of a Squeeze, Holding at the 200 Day.
- bRobert: @traderbren $NUGT $GDX WEEKLY No worries Bullish high base $34 with trigger NUGT $60 WEDGE breakout target
- wijimmy: $GLD, $NUGT, $JNUG, $GDX, $GOLD, .. all turned positive with most gold and miners but $KL on my screen still in the red around -1.25%
- bsafriet: @wijimmy $GLD $NUGT $JNUG $GDX $GOLD $KL $FNV also still in the red although looks like a successful test of the EMA(8). The 30 min chart shows a tradable reversal to the upside. Taking a little here.
- bRobert: $GLD $160+ $GDX $45 Very health consolidation Long term bull Trading the WEEKLY/Monthly
- scottrades: My video notes for tonight: $SPY Touched an ATH, but Choppy. $QQQ The Gap up killed the fun. $GDX What is this even doing? $DDOG I’ll wait for this to build a base. $STZ Weekly Trigger $FNV Use yesterday's low to define your risk $LW Low Volume but going in the right direction. $SRCL Tight and trying to move out of a base. 12 Days of Short interest. $AEO Tight and holding at the 50 Day. A little Short interest (4 Days). $RUN Working, but too Late to buy imo. $DLB Pretty extended. Consider moving your stop up. $CBZ Tight Squeeze $CLBK Popping out of a Squeeze $FEYE Watch for a snapback tomorrow. It’s right at the 200 Day AH.
- sierramp: @scottrades I was thinking about you today when I was trying to figure out whether to make another attempt at $GDX. Laughing now at your comments in your Swing Trade video. Good ST video tonight, thank you.
- scottrades: @sierramp $GDX Ha! Glad I could send a smile your way. :)
- mradams0621: $GDX $NUGT Time for the zig to zag?
- lostsheep: @mradams0621 $GDX $NUGT If there was a possible entry on a morning such as this, this may be worth a look.Good luck
- champ: @wijimmy $TSLA $GLD $GDX $JNUG $NUGT $KL #timing-buy-backs ..../but as all of us know, know-one is ever a 100% right on but close does work. Look like shorts are moving in as expected...watch $TSLA.
- bRobert: $GBTC . Daily flag . Weekly reversal . $12/$15/$30+ . Long from below $GDX . daily wedge . Bounce off bottom daily wedge range . WEEKLY high base c&h . MONTHLY c&h . $45 . grand prize . Long LEAPS . $EXAS . Daily wedge/ W . Move > 20d . MACD cross . $105/$125 $HIIQ . Flag . W . $28 . with trigger . Short squeeze $MDB . phase 2 retest .to $155 breakout area Looking to add with a bounce . Trading around a core from below $115 $190/$210/$250 targets . Baby steps into giant steps $CRM . consolidation $190/$220 . Long term hold
- scottrades: My video notes: $SPY In Trend, but not trending. My time frames are tight now. $QQQ Looks better than SPY. $GDX Continued Chop. $UBER @Dan mentioned it this morning. I had a late entry. Earnings This Week! $PTON Mind your size. This one dances. $NLOK Dip Buy op? $VMC Popping out of a Squeeze. $PLYM Nice base. 8% Yield $DLB Good volume the last few days. Support at the 50 Day. $ZAYO High Squeeze. $CZR Tight Squeeze with 8 Days of Short Interest. $DOCU Working. Look for a pullback above 77. $SIRI In a Squeeze, Earnings tomorrow morning before the open. 9 Days of Short Interest $RUN Not a Squeeze. Watch above 18. 10 Days Of Short interest. $SPLK Nice base, watch above 161 $LK Someone mentioned not knowing what to do with this. My thoughts: Nothing right now.
- baronp0329: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ $GDX $UBER $PTON $NLOK $VMC $PLYM $DLB $ZAYO $CZR $DOCU $SIRI $RUN $SPLK $LK Scott, so are you saying that "Size matters" for PTON? haha
- michael2010: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ $GDX $UBER $PTON $NLOK $VMC $PLYM $DLB $ZAYO $CZR $DOCU $SIRI $RUN $SPLK $LK #Hello Scott, I see the comments, but I cannot find your video on the site.
- bsafriet: @Geewhiz $AMZN $SPY $QQQ $SMH $FFTY $GLD $GDX $IGV $IPAY $XHB $XLV $XRT $USO $XLE $XOP $OIH $TQQQ #sector Thank you for your kind words. One thought for where to hide cash when market sells-off — inverse ETFs, but markets go down a lot faster than they go up, so maybe the mattress isn’t such a bad idea after all. Best wishes!
- scottrades: #Gold miners are working $GDX $KGC $FNV
- Hemal: $GDX Bought half position. (I need to buy new set up on a side note). For a trade. Once again between being indecisive and computer issues this one ran away. Cost basis of $28.99
- bRobert: $GDX WEDGE/c&h like daily High base WEEKLY $34 C&H Monthly $45 Long LEAP calls from below and partial NUGT
- bRobert: @Hemal $GDX This will set up as a long term trade if you give it some room $45 target 50% move
- bRobert: $GDX Watch for WEEKLY high base/cup&h like trigger > $30 with $34 target 1 Bullish ADX cross close on daily / trigger on WEEKLY
- Hemal: @bRobert $GDX Agee. Weekly C&H, adding if this one breaks out above pivot $29.87 on volume
- bRobert: $GLD $161+ C&h/ WEEKLY high base/MONTHLY flag trigger targets A very big cup is forming on a very long term chart that is heading towards the all time high $184.59 printed on August 22, 2011 $184.59 Day before my birthday Long $GLD calls as well as $GDX leap calls
- Hemal: $GDX I posted earlier that I took a half size position at $28.99 today. I am holding on to this one. GDX is squeezing (BB width of 6%) and it market corrects more may be a nice swing trade.
- bRobert: @Hemal $GDX Move > $30 will trigger WEEKLY breakout >$31 triggers MONTHLY c&h $45 target You can trade the short term squiggles but there is a 50% move in the works Long term hold via LEAP calls Some $NUGT if I have the time $80 WEEKLY target .
- scottrades: My video notes for today: $SPY Yesterday was a suck in. Today was a spit out. $QQQ We are getting the pullback we’ve all been waiting for. $GDX You NEED to trade this on a Weekly Chart. $FNV A little extended now. $PAAS Decent price action $KGC Still in trend but volatile. $PZZA Closed this out. $DDOG Held up well today. $INMD Out of this, again. $WWE Nice morning trade, congrats to the members who traded this today! $LK What a ride!
- bRobert: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ $GDX $FNV $PAAS $KGC $PZZA $DDOG $INMD $WWE $LK $GDX WEEKLY I think you got it Avoid the chop Stay on top Welcome to the dark side of trading . Longer time frames ;)
- scottrades: @bRobert $GDX Your posts have helped me and a lot of active traders zoom out more. I appreciate it.
- bRobert: @scottrades $GDX Glad I could help . I am not a very active day trader I pick my moments as my job allows Most of my victories are trading in long time frames WEEKLY/Monthly charts Daily/intraday charts used for best entries $GDX $45 long term target = 50% return LEAP calls Just a bit more Have a great weekend Do the things you love and love the things you do
- bRobert: $GBTC WEEKLY reversal the prize with $30 handle Daily $15/$17 on the road Long $MDB No surprise Long from double bottom bounce in OCT WEEKLY the prize $190 reversal base in motion That will complete the long consolidation of the move from $20 - $190 and set up for move to $210/$250 Overweight Posted enough about this Look for pb/bounces $SHOP $540 Daily/WEEKLY c&h like target Look for pb/bounces ADOPT a cloud $DOCU LONG base $100 $CRM $205 falg target $220 C&h like Long leap calls $VIX phase 3 daily Looking for possible wEEKLY wedge breakout $EXAS W $105/$125 Good spec $BX Look for short term pullback Small h& s top $TLT Long calls Nhs coming $147/$155+ $GLD High base c&h Long calls $GDX Long leap calls Patience $34 high cup $44 MONTHLY c&h with trigger > $31 Same tune
- bRobert: $GDX daily Clear lower channel Draw a line from late Nov low to yest low of day C&H like taking shape $34 target Speed bump at $31 old high
- bRobert: @brett_anderson $NUGT I added yesterday with bounce off channel low Short term trading vehicle along with $GDX leap calls from below NUGT WEEKLY targets $45 reversal /$65 wedge That's a lot of room to trade Not straight up
- brett_anderson: @bRobert $NUGT $GDX hey, Robert, same her, nice!
- vitoB: opened $GDX position at the vwap 28.92 today
- bRobert: @vitoB $GDX Welcome aboard Long term hold
- bsafriet: #sector/industry_ETF_comparisons Did a comparison chart (not shown) of some of the sector/industry groups I track and pulled off the one month results (as of close today, does not include $AMZN a/h pop): $SPY +2% $QQQ 5% $SMH 1% $FFTY 4% $GLD 4% $GDX -2% $IGV 9% $IPAY 6% $XHB 6% $XLV -1% $XRT -4% $USO -13% $XLE -8% $XOP -17% $OIH -16% Observations: QQQ - net 6% vs FFTY of 4%, vs SPY at 2%. Where would you put your spare change to work? GLD - out performed GDX by 6%, Forget NUGT and buy calls on GLD IGV - The IShares expanded tech-software ETF was the clear winner by 3% points over IPAY and XHB, second place. XLE, XOP, OIH, USO - the oil patch was decidedly not the place to be! Open any eyes?
- Geewhiz: @bsafriet $AMZN $SPY $QQQ $SMH $FFTY $GLD $GDX $IGV $IPAY $XHB $XLV $XRT $USO $XLE $XOP $OIH #sector Thank you for this reinforcement of a good idea and places to park unutilized cash. I had used $TQQQ recently to good success. More risky. I'll use the ones you mention when cash accumulates waiting for a good entry. Unless market is in downtrend. Then mattress is probably best. Thanks again for sharing your work product. Appreciate your work on the site.
- scottrades: My notes for today: $SPY Unable to close above the 8EMA or the 20 SMA. Bumpy road. $QQQ Stronger. But needs some inside days. $GDX Nice move above the 50 Day MA $NUGT Still a little loose, but doesn’t mean it can’t go higher. $KGC Close to resistance $FNV Staying in trend. $DAR High Squeeze $HDS Popping up above the 200 Day. $CP Good volume today. $ZBH Watch for continuation. $DOCU In a Squeeze. Watch for continuation. $MO Needs to tighten up but holding at the 50 Day. $PZZA Rising Wedge, if it breaks down, close it out.
$GDX -- consolidating and forming the right side of base on top of 50-day MA.
$NUGT -- This is my trading vehicle. Start small, with a stop below $30
$RH at $221.30 Stop 203.10. Look for a test of the 50-day MA.
$IIPR -- Raising sto ...
- bRobert: $meli. Flag weekly high base $900 $ehth flag $150 same as weekly reversal A double so far $hqy cup. $100. Good risk reward $trhc. $67 reversal. Throwback $gld $160 partials extended $gdx $44 monthly cup with trigger > $31 $mdb $190 weekly target 1. $210+ loner $bx $75 $kkr $36/$40. Embrace a pb/ bounce $abmd $225 Speed bump $118. Weekly diuble bottom $sam wedge breakout Retest. $440. $hiiq spec. Wedge $30s with move > 200d
- JBed: $GDX broke below $29 so I'm out with a little profit.
- scottrades: @JBed $GDX Ya, I got stopped out of $AUY
- bill52: @scottrades $GDX $AUY Hi Scott, you look to be following the gold trade. with the uncertainty with the China virus along with the market being perceived as lofty, I'd have thought gold and the miners would be doing a bit better. Perhaps the market is sending a signal that its really not that concerned and the bull will charge on. Thoughts?
- mopick: @justinm89 $NUGT, not holding this one but do own $GDX. I don't think we've heard the last of this corona virus so am comfortable holding gold.
- bRobert: @justinm89 $NUGT $GLD . flag pullback . in high base C&h like . $160+ . $GDX/$NUGT . will follow Look for nibbling/buying . I am trading it long term via GDX LEAP calls Up quite a bit . . Very patient . Good profits so far $44 target GDX . $NUGT will take off with move . >200 WEEK ceiling ./wedge trigger $45/ $60 . longer term . Not straight up
- GOOSE: TRADES: $GDX STC STOCK 29.23 $LK STO 1/31/20 35.0 PUTS @1.40 $LK STO 1/31/20 39.5 CALLS @1.95 $LK STO 1/31/20 40.0 CALLS @1.55
- scottrades: My notes for today: $SPY Nice bounce, weak into the close. $QQQ Ditto $GDX Holding above 29 $NUGT Holding at the Middle Bband $FNV Possible pullback entry today. $KL Still in Jail. Support at the 200 Day $NEM Strong Weekly uptrend $AUY Weekly Squeeze, still have it $GOLD Weekly Squeeze, higher low today. $AEM Nice move at the open and then a fade, but still a higher low. $KGC Nice volume into the close. $SSRM Looks like the rest, higher low. $SVM Weekly higher lows. Good Squeezes are hard to come by in this mess. But consider looking at: $DGX Earnings Thursday. $CMTL Trades thin. $RCKT Biotech (Risky). Sitting on the 50 Day. 16 Days of Short Interest. $UFI Trying to move out of a Squeeze. Watch above 27.
- sierramp: @Scottrades are you carrying any $GDX into the weekend? I have felt the same about it as you but currently positive on my two entries.
- scottrades: @sierramp $GDX Hey! I'm looking at it ya. Want to see it stay above 29
- baronp0329: @bigbartabs Totally agree with you Bigbartabs. As I posted earlier, it is ok to sit on your hands on days like this. Going through Watchlist charts and all I see are Bearish Engulfing candles on the daily including $SPY $QQQ $IWM. Only greens are $GDX $NUGT
- scottrades: The market is bouncing a bit here and some miners are pulling back. This could offer some entries on $GDX if you want to go long Gold into the weekend.
- JBed: @scottrades $GDX I took profits on a third of my position at the highs today but still have 2/3 with a basis of $28. I will look to add if it pulls back more.
- baronp0329: @scottrades $GDX Took 42% profits on GDX Jan31 calls on 1/2 position. Will carry the rest over the weekend.
- scottrades: My notes for today: Lots of Gold on Watch. When you’re trading individual miners, fundies can matter... $SPY Closed below the 8EMA $QQQ Closed just above the 8EMA $XME Weak but Gold Stocks are up, let’s look at them $GDX Nice close above 29 Today $NUGT 3X Fun. $FNV Daily/Weekly Uptrend strong. Look for pullbacks. $KL Not as strong as I had hoped. @Dan would say this in is “in jail” $NEM Strong Weekly uptrend $AUY Weekly Squeeze $GOLD Weekly Squeeze $AEM Alert at 62.50 $KGC A loose Squeeze, but Good volume the last few days. $FSM You can thank my friend Hari for this one.
- bRobert: $GDX Da ily W in motion $29 + (29 - 27.70) = $30.30 measured move target 1 this will complete the daily c&h like reversal with higher targets Monthly c&h trigger > $31 Long leap calls from below $44 target
- AlexJFraser: $GDX is back over 29.00, barely
- bRobert: $GDX W moving to $30+ WEEKLY high base c&h construction project Bullish WEEKLY MACD cross close. $$$$$ Long Leap calls
- baronp0329: @bRobert $GDX Hey Robert, Also like GDX move Long Jan31 calls for a quick trade this morning and may add some Feb calls.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $GDX VanEck Vectors Gold Miners ETF. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=GDX&clip=118826
|Stock Price||$USD 34.32|
The investment seeks to replicate as closely as possible, before fees and expenses, the price and yield performance of the NYSE Arca Gold Miners Index. The fund normally invests at least 80% of its total assets in common stocks and American depositary receipts ("ADRs") of companies involved in the gold mining industry. Such companies may include medium-capitalization companies and foreign issuers. As of December 31, 2012, the Gold Miners Index included 29 securities of companies with a market capitalization range of between approximately $209 million and $35.0 billion and a weighted average market capitalization of $14.5 billion. It is non-diversified.Request Video of GDX
Already a member? Sign in here.
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 70,900 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (70,900) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!