Vista Outdoor Inc. (NYSE:VSTO)
Old Forum Content for VSTOMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- dagdog: $VSTO Crawled its way back above the 50. Day 3 so not sure it this is going to hold. (Small position)
- Bwhitty: $PYPL $VSTO $FUTU $Z reviewing longs and some weeklies are extended. Taking partials, creating some cash for the next thing.
- dagdog: $VSTO heading higher...nice move here
- kbrowe: $VSTO Broke through the $32 52 week resistance, looking for a close above that level for adding. Still holding a position from below.
- dagdog: $VSTO Higher after earnings...moving above sideways action...potential good time to buy
- dagdog: $VSTO $DT New Highs
- dagdog: $VSTO Hit its head...
- dagdog: $VSTO Pushing upper ceiling...day three so I'm not sure move higher will continue but worth watching.
- mradams0621: $VSTO #Bottom picking Bounced off the 20 day from the bottom of the consolidation box.
- kbrowe: $VSTO BO continuing another 5% today, blue skies above.
- kbrowe: $VSTO Broke $30 level
- gt: @DAN $TUP $SPX $SPY $MDY $IWM $DJI $DJT $NDX $GBTC $GLD $XLF $KEY $ZION $HBAN $SCHW $CME $PRU $GS $MS $JPM $AAPL $AMD $BIDU $GNRC $MSFT $ORLY $WKHS $KRA $LAD $CSX $KSU $NSC $ECOM $AVTR $ZTS $VSTO $LAZY for enquiring minds: many rabbits are a colony of rabbits.
- DAN: @gt $TUP $SPX $SPY $MDY $IWM $DJI $DJT $NDX $GBTC $GLD $XLF $KEY $ZION $HBAN $SCHW $CME $PRU $GS $MS $JPM $AAPL $AMD $BIDU $GNRC $MSFT $ORLY $WKHS $KRA $LAD $CSX $KSU $NSC $ECOM $AVTR $ZTS $VSTO $LAZY Thank you! LOL.
- dagdog: $VSTO AM pop...good to see it's holding it's pre-xmas move
- Bwhitty: $VSTO yesterday I mentioned possible phase 2 for this one. Gapped up but I will watch for little PB 25.?? to add to position. $NIO watching 54.45 on volume at the open. $JD I like Dans approach, not too late. $FUBO looks like it wants to bounce off 50 day quick for a possible starter.
- Bwhitty: $VSTO anyone take that $VSTO add with me on the PB at open?
- kbrowe: @Bwhitty $VSTO Running like the wind (Marshal Tucker Band) today.
- Banner: @Bwhitty $VSTO I got in on phase 2 @$23.36 on Monday, up 20% in 2 days, wondering if I should take my money and run?
- Bwhitty: @Banner $VSTO Well in my limited experience the stocks that complete the 1,2,3 successfully often work well for a while.
- lostsheep: @Bwhitty $VSTO $NIO $JD $FUBO Good entry! Service is great and if they incorporate gambling it's a bonus. Plenty of resistance but it's got to start somewhere
- Herb: $VSTO looks like its day in the sun has arrived. np.
$VSTO -- weekly chart controls.
$TUP -- This looks ready for another move higher. Alert $37
$LAZY -- breaking out.
- Docoof: @DAN $TUP $SPX $SPY $MDY $IWM $DJI $DJT $NDX $GBTC $GLD $XLF $KEY $ZION $HBAN $SCHW $CME $PRU $GS $MS $JPM $AAPL $AMD $BIDU $GNRC $MSFT $ORLY $WKHS $KRA $LAD $CSX $KSU $NSC $ECOM $AVTR $ZTS $VSTO $LAZY I’ll thank you now—very, very good and helpful video today.
- Bwhitty: $VSTO watching for phase 3 AT 25.45 on volume. $LULU Alert at 378 Daily and weekly breakout close together. Nice and close to 50 day. May do a small starter here. Watching $FUTU to add if it makes news highs, holding swing from 39
- Bwhitty: $VSTO alert at 24.53 to look for volume and possible gap fill.
- Bwhitty: $VSTO alert to possible gap fill, watching volume here.
- jwstich: @Bwhitty $VSTO added small
- Bwhitty: @jwstich $VSTO Yea not exactly screaming phase 3 here, yet.
- Joe757: @Bwhitty $VSTO low risk entry
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $VSTO Vista Outdoor Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=VSTO&clip=131396
- Bwhitty: $VSTO I like how the 8 day test also tested 11/09 high at 24. And a test of breakout on the weekly. Hopefully becomes a 8 day walker from here.
$VSTO -- You should have been selling this. Don’t be complacent! Breakouts aren’t working. This was actually a good one! Alert $22.20
$NVTA -- This is likely the top. High volume reversal, followed by a lower high and lower low.
- Bwhitty: $VSTO watching that flag action up there.
$VSTO -- I would be taking some profits here.
$PLUG -- this is where you’d be taking profits.
- Bwhitty: Whitty Picks $PLTR Alert 29.40 with Volume. $PII Alert 101.60 long trend line from 7/28. $TMHC looking for follow through volume at open. $PLUG just keeps on rewarding our faithfulness. $VSTO every time has been a fake out. Looks good so far $JD last two trading days mentioned good place for a starter. Maybe a drop to 50 day would be nice opportunity.
- Bwhitty: $VSTO if it can just hold in this area an let averages catch up we may have a 8 day walker.
- Bwhitty: Whitty Morning Picks $VSTO Look for possible Gap & Go, above trend line. $CHGG looking for weekly breakout (Bridget's) $DDOG Alert 110, almost burned all the supply above it. $AMZN 3250 With Big Volume, looking for old money $JETS watch for slingshot back through 22.60 $NET Possible Gap & Go above flag action on daily $PLTR volume above 29 High Flag base could scream again. $ADBE Volume above 500 $JD loose downward trend line alert at 82 $MOON Newer ETF. I just like it, read up if you get board.
- Bwhitty: $VSTO I like, watching at Pre market high
- DAN: $VSTO gapped right through an alert I set. :-(
- Bwhitty: @DAN $VSTO Bought some yesterday noticing a loose trendline. Added this AM. Let 's see if it can actually do it!
- wijimmy: @DAN $VSTO .. this morning ... Cowen Upgrades Vista Outdoor to Outperform From Market Perform, Adjusts Price Target to $33 From $29
- Kid2old: @DAN $VSTO $SPWH also gapped through my alert. Being bought out for $18 per share.
- tartan: @DAN $VSTO $VSTO wore me out Took off watch list long ago I figured it would eventually do something But knew it would be without me
- dagdog: @DAN $VSTO Finally on this one...Wax On, Wax Off...don't forget to breathe... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMCsXl9SGgY)
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $VSTO Vista Outdoor Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=VSTO&clip=131286
- Bwhitty: $VSTO 25! A big deal. Big O Base
- DAN: @tartan $VSTO That's ok. I miss most opportunities. We all do. Why? Because there are way more opportunities in the market than any of us can catch. The key--as I see it--is to be monitoring a list of potential opportunities that isn't too big. No too small. Just a list that you can track every day, and set alerts at appropriate spots. Of course, that's easy to say but much tougher to do. It takes experience and organization. But I think that should be the plan for any trader to follow.
- Herb: $VSTO. anything different this time? Should it be trusted?
$VSTO -- Prior trade. I covered it last night. Big pop today. Obviously...do not chase this here. But watch it. It’s likely to set up again.
$CDAY -- @romanalexk @lostsheep and @Cjauger were on this stock. High volume breakout from a sque ...
- Bwhitty: $VSTO I don't trust this anymore then the rest of you but we have a long loose downward sloping trend line that has formed. Going to put a alert at todays HOD and look for volume.
- Bwhitty: $VSTO scared but I bought some 😂
$VSTO -- Wait for move above $21.23. Alert $21.60
$RH -- still needs to tighten up. Could go either way here, and that’s not what you want to see.
- Bwhitty: $RKT Alert 22.65 & 23 $PYPL watching for Gap & Go $XHB Alert 58 $DKNG Alert 51.25 $MU Alert 73.85 $VSTO Alert 21.50 but don't trust it.
- scottrades: @Bwhitty LOL! $VSTO has been a Breakout Buyers nightmare.
- bRobert: @Bwhitty $RKT $PYPL $XHB $DKNG $MU $VSTO $WDC. flag tigger yesterday. $60. soon/$72/$110. longer term $MU. $90. WEEKLY C&H. target.
- wjj3: @scottrades $VSTO no kidding
- DrScience: $VSTO looks like traders woke up the fact that not everyone who wants one has a gun in America. Ho-Ho-Ho! Could be one under the Christmas Tree, and it's gonna need plenty of ammunition, especially when Congress opens another new do-nothing session in January.
- riskmanager: @DrScience $VSTO I am glad I can roll my own. Never have to worry about having enough ammo.
- Max115: $vsto Would this be considered a good short candidate? Broke above 50d,did not hold and now it's below the 50 again
- Max115: $VSTO Anyone catch any news on this,can't seem to find the reason for the drop?
- DrScience: @Max115 $VSTO The stock is volatile, with investors wondering whether gun sales are enough to offset possibly tighter future gun regulation in the New Year. (Lots of guessing going on RHRN.)
- Max115: @DrScience $VSTO Thanks for response Definitely volatile
- Cokeman1959: @Max115 $VSTO I got stopped out on this one.
- tjv821: $vsto losing patience w this one
- Danzguy: @tjv821 $vsto You certainly had more patience than I, my friend! Best wishes...
$VSTO -- Former GSL holding. Need to keep track of this. Still bleeding off supply.
$PII -- eBike company. Problem is relative strength. Consolidating for 5 months. But that might lead to big things...or not.
$BIDU -- This is pro ...
- DAN: @jschibal $TSLA $GM $SPX $DJI $DJT $NDX $XLE $HAL $PXD $MPC $OIH $XOP $PYPL $JYNT $FTCH $CCS $PLTR $SAFE $VSTO $PII $BIDU $LH $MPWR $TPX $TWLO $VICI $Z
- jschibal: @DAN $TSLA $GM $SPX $DJI $DJT $NDX $XLE $HAL $PXD $MPC $OIH $XOP $PYPL $JYNT $FTCH $CCS $PLTR $SAFE $VSTO $PII $BIDU $LH $MPWR $TPX $TWLO $VICI $Z - Thanks Dan! And I'm absolutely in love with my Model 3 Performance! haha :P
- Kharrison67: $VSTO is gathering the 8, 20 and 50 up in a squeeze. Get some volume and escape that squeeze. Holding tight on the weekly, too
- BrianCassidy: $vsto moving
- Kharrison67: I am still hanging in with $VSTO, looking for a bounce off the 50day rhrn
- Bwhitty: $VSTO I swear we all could have made a living channel trading this one. Took entry today at 50 day and added a little on that pop. At VWAP now.
- Danzguy: @Bwhitty $VSTO Good job, Amigo. I was thinking the same, paused, and it got away from me and the 50dma. Oh, well, next time, it will be back.
- romanalexk: @Bwhitty $VSTO LOL So true! Rollercoaster wonder! :)
- bigbartabs: @Danzguy Bwhitty $VSTO ... I think this one might now be overwhelmed with the new "I'm gettin' the hell outta the house" crowd. $NLS seems to be subject to the same thing now...
- Bwhitty: @bigbartabs $VSTO $NLS Yea I sold half of that entry and watching close to decide about the rest. Not much of a bounce.
- Sher: Have been harvesting profits and closing out several front month call positions, the past few days, namely $CTVA, $GT, $OMI, $PLTR, $RTX, $XLP, $XPO, $SOLO, $VNET and $USFD – A few were significantly underwater and had explosive reversals, which I took near immediate advantage of, since I neither trust or fully understand current market dynamics - Also, I just needed to scale down the number of holdings to reduce my stress level, some – Historically, I tend not to fare well the week of OPEX. I did add a couple of new positions, yesterday/today, with Dec. expiration dates: $NVTA, TDOC and $VSTO, all weekly, chart-based trades.
- nestorsch1: $VSTO Good morning @Dan. I made a mistake when I set up the stop ar $21.80 for this position (I set it for the day instead of GTC - stupid mistake indeed) and found out I was not stopped when I checked why I was losing so much. As if now the stock is at $19.72 and I purchased at $23.80. Since I already lost and there was no indication that this would completely tank, I turned around the stop and made it a limit at $21.80, but since I saw your notes from last night, I was wondering if you would recommend a different strategy and I should stay in. Thank you!
- just4mo: @nestorsch1 $VSTO not dan... unless you can put the money to work somewhere else that is a better trade. I would put a stop at today's low. You don't lose anymore but may get a move upward.
- DAN: @nestorsch1 $VSTO First, that wasn't a dumb mistake. At least I hope not, because I make it too. Don't beat yourself up over that. And sorry, you'll probably make it again sometime. Best way to avoid it is to check your stops each morning before ...
- DAN: @just4mo $VSTO LOL I already typed my response before I read yours. Perfect!
- nestorsch1: @DAN $VSTO thank you for taking the time to reply. I adjusted my stop and will stay put. We’ll see where we go from here :-)
- Bwhitty: $VSTO watch this one above 25 this AM
- scottrades: @Bwhitty $VSTO Got an upgrade today.
- Bwhitty: @scottrades $VSTO been faking it for a month!
- mradams0621: $VSTO Fell like a rock. Stoped out
- Mnatale: @mradams0621 $VSTO I'm done with this stock... faked us so many times
- Henry: @mradams0621 $VSTO and they got an upgrade this am from KeyBanc. Seems like a Biden stock to me.
- wijimmy: @Henry $VSTO .BIDEN bad for $VSTO
- genki: $VSTO Curious what's the slippage did you get when being stopped? Mine is 2.5 on Schwab with stop at 21.8.
- pbrown38: @genki $VSTO MIne was 2.4 on Schwab. Enough to look at other platforms.
- genki: @pbrown38 $VSTO Schwab was really slow today. I will probably open an inquiry for the terrible execution.
- pbrown38: @genki $VSTO Same here.
- wjj3: @genki $VSTO the Biden miracle in a land where there will be no riots?
$VSTO -- Stopped out at $21.80. Not happy about it, but that’s trading.
Other Stocks to Watch:
$PLUG -- The rebound off the 50-dma is working...but earnings today.
$MRNA -- Watch this for further tightening.
$ISRG -- Breakout on volume.
- debeers: @Henry $VSTO - Cramer is a capitalist and is neither Blue or Red--Cramer is about the GREEN. he is careful in what he says mindful from whence he broadcasts IMO
- farview: @randyhagan $OLN $VSTO $POWW There is a lot of room for a new kid on the Block and $POWW might be that kid. They have added a call center and bought a stamping plant in WI. The Shooting sports are growing, however political risk could be a problem!
- beach876: $vsto continues rolling
- mradams0621: $VSTO near break out
- Bwhitty: $VSTO don't lie to me this time
|Stock Price||$USD 43.03|
Vista Outdoor Inc designs, develops and manufactures ammunition, long guns and related equipment products. The Company's business segments are shooting sports and outdoor products. Its brands include Fusion, Blazer, CCI and Alliant Powder.Request Video of VSTO
Already a member? Sign in here.
- $USD 5.15 76.77%
- $USD 12.67 41.94%
- $USD 12.77 39.53%
- $USD 96.68 -12.64%
- $USD 105.06 -4.64%
- $USD 75.16 -2.02%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 80,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (80,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!