Ambarella Inc. (NASDAQ:AMBA)
Old Forum Content for AMBAMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- traderbren: $AMBA -- getting a bid
- Lou: $AMBA must be reacting to $TASR news.
- champ: @Lou $AMBA $TASR --- Yes, good point...I'm long... new.
- champ: $AMBA --- Stopped out at entry... when you chase ...that can happen...but you can hit many home runs but not today....only out for now....also OUT $TASR...for now. No gain ..no loss...just a waste of time.
- Wolf: @champ $AMBA $TASR Backed into a can't lose trade. BTO weekly 56 put @.45, Bought shares @55.45.
- champ: @Wolf $AMBA $TASR -- Yes, I can't lose now because I'm out...but only for now.....as you know you just have to go with the flow.
- bsafriet: @traderbren $AMBA Amazing! somebody believes it has a future in the autonomous automobile!
- bigbartabs: $AMBA could be at a good buy point... if the double touch of the 50dma holds.
- Wolf: $AMBA Reversal off the 50DMA on low volume. Any thoughts?
- success: @Wolf $AMBA my thought . . relatively low risk with a stop just below $54 . . Dan always mentions what would you be thinking of as an upside, where resistance might be and whether or not that is enough to put your money in the stock . .again just my thoughts . . hope that helps
- issues: @Wolf $AMBA Symmetrical triangle chart pattern. Dan can answer better than me but I would say it has a greater chance of going up than down...
- spmeyers: $AMBA moving; Dougherty & Co.’s Charles Anderson writes that it appears the key part of Intel’s bid is the “vision” processing capability of Mobileye, and that for that reason, a company like Ambarella should also be highly desirable. “Thus, the deal confirms our suspicions that the vision processing/computer vision element is likely more valuable than the market has acknowledged to date,” writes Anderson. “For this reason, we believe investors would be wise to turn their attention to Ambarella in a post-MBLY takeout world.” “We are hard-pressed to find any other publicly-traded company that could be more levered to capturing upside from this opportunity.”
- coldevinc: @spmeyers $AMBA Looks like the markets agreed
- humble: @coldevinc $AMBA .....distribution today?
- spmeyers: @humble $AMBA not too much
- champ: $MBLY ...out now .....added 25% to $AMBA on the open.
- champ: $AMBA @ $57.40 up 2.1% $1.20 --- Somethings going on Volume is already over the 20 day avg...I'm back in Spec swing long ....er were just the other day....maybe M&A....???
- shoredriver: $AMBA still going down
- champ: $ROST $AMBA $CBI $TASR $DY all will be reporting after the close....RHRN
- champ: $AMBA @ $58.35 ---- Nice bounce this morning ....the stock is still on this run ...all thru February...earnings are on Tuesday 2/28/after....its working and I added this morning to my position....I have been posting.
- champ: $AMBA ....really strong
- success: @champ $AMBA i have been watching today . . 56.11 was where I set my buy signal and then wimped out . .
- issues: @champ $AMBA did you buy
- champ: @issues $AMBA ---- I posted on 1/4 ....that I thought...that around $52.50 was the low...my entry was around that level.....it's on the posting thread.....I was thinking about tax selling around that time....and was looking for stocks like I also posted about $WB and others but I can't remember all.
- Tony220397: @champ $AMBA, $WB, I still have some positions are all profit, should I sell them now!
- Trixie: @DAN $COMPQX $SP $DJ I can't help but think $NVDA is like $AMBA had been back acouple yrs ago.. pattern wise.. fwiw i wasn't on $NVDA during this run, but participated in the $AMBA run back then.
- DAN: @Trixie $COMPQX $SP $DJ $NVDA $AMBA Blowoff top...
- Trixie: @DAN $COMPQX $SP $DJ $NVDA $AMBA that, along w the double top in there..
- champ: $LRCX and $AMBA both working today...$AMBA is a lagger and I might add but both are long term ...for me...holds and just wait for the $$$$.
- Motorman: @champ $LRCX $AMBA Lost patience and sold 1/2 position $amba @51only to see it go up. $Gpro influenced decision which happens to be peaking above 50now
- woodman: @champ $LRCX $AMBA - and LRCX has a squeeze going now. I'm long LRCX and would like to add.
- champ: @Motorman $LRCX $AMBA $amba $Gpro ---- I hear you...it's not hard to lose Patiences....especially when the market turns...I also lose patiences but don't tell anyone.
- champ: $AMBA @ $54.25 HOD about 5% - This lagger is moving up this morning also.....following $NVDA ...I'm long both but $AMBA could be the next mover...ER not until 3/2
- Rasta: $AMBA #BOTTOMFISHING starting a small spec position in $AMBA. Playing this similar to $COR where I caught it near the bottom.
- champ: @Bridget $GPRO----This is helping this lagger $AMBA...I have a position and I added.
- champ: $AMBA @ $55.50 up 4% ...posted Info yesterday...and I added already this morning.
- captron: $AMBA - Is making a statement this morning. Up nicely.
- Robert1965: @champ $AMBA have sold any. I am in at 55.50, at 11:45, it hasn't bounced much since then, what are you looking at, set my stop at 54.36, the open
- champ: @Robert1965 $AMBA --- I was tempted but I did not....I'm still holding my full position....this could be just the beginning of the move... is my guess. This is a play on all the devices that were sold during the Holidays....$AMZN $FIT $GPRO and many others...I had a post on about their past earnings...yesterday. The 52 week hi was around $75....I'm thinking about adding but watching just for now....I'm holding a starter position of only 1/3rd size.....they are at 3 conferences today ...so I'm expecting upgrades in the next few days.
- Robert1965: @champ $AMBA $AMZN $FIT $GPRO Thanks I think I should raise the stop 55.00
- champ: $AMBA @ $54 --- Yesterdays low @ $52.25 could be the low for 2017....is my guess.
- captron: @champ $AMBA $GPRO made the same move today, up. They are in tandem.
- champ: $AMBA @ $53.60 $GPRO - @captron --- On $AMBA...they reported great earnings on 12/1 and beat by 18% on earnings and rev were up 7.8% and gross margins expanded 40 basis points to 66.3% but they guided flat for the 4th because it was unknown at that point and the stock dropped for no real reason. Now we know that sales were great in the 4th qtr for All retail and that news came from Amazon ....and they reported best sales ever on all devices. Also $FIT on wearables....thats why there stock is bouncing. $GPRO will be reporting on 2/2 and $FIT on 2/22 but they already report great sales but no #'s. This is all great news for Ambarella $AMBA they make products that are inside these devices. I could be a little early but I have a new position today and I'm new Spec swing long with a starter positions... 1/3 size for now.
- Rasta: #shananigins Got stopped out by the 1 minute dip in $AMBA at the open. Now back above where I bought it. Arrgghh!
- woodman: $AMBA - just throwing this broken/potential revival stock out there. Big pull back near to the 200 day, now moved back up through the 8dEMA and, so far, looks like it will close above. Perhaps buy with a stop under today's low.
- champ: $AMBA @$63.25 could bounce on the upgrade from yesterday with a target of $87 at Canaccord Genuity......up about $3 off todays low of $60.36.
- BocaRick: @champ $AMBA $GPRO taking another hit today on slow sales with AMZN, more down pressure on AMBA?
- champ: @BocaRick $AMBA $GPRO - They are also in wearables, security, automotive and drone cameras....many sectors remain in intact for them. They will be launching a new design and should win more market share... with this new 14nm chipsets but I don't hav ...
- champ: @BocaRick $AMBA $GPRO - $GPRO just posted that they are HOLDING back sales on AMZN because they are Negotiating the price that they pay AMZN and maybe they Might have an agreement by the end of the month ....they are now responding to the Post this morning by Pipeer Jaffray that they said they were not selling and thats because GPRO has it on HOLD at AMZN.
- captron: $AMBA - It is following $GPRO down.
- captron: $AMBA - It is flirting with the 50sma. Could be a low risk entry or a signal to sell. No position.
- Bridget: $AMBA is sitting right on the 50MA. This could be a good low risk buy point. Wait till you see the bounce though.
- Trixie: @Bridget $AMBA the high form the 8/31 and the 10/4 don't have much difference b/w them.. I almost wonder if its not shaping up to more a symetrial triangle or a top .. While $GPRO still looks to be upward trendingand sitting abouts the 50ma too.
- Aragorn: $AMBA $ GPRO came in news?
- champ: $AMBA @ $72.90 - Don't really know about this stock but they had an upgrade yesterday....I'm holding a Spec day trade but it really needs to break thru $73 ....say for the next leg up....could breakout a little RHRN
- champ: $AMBA @ $73.65 now.....need more players....and then the shorts will have Cover today....we are at YTDH...RHRN...Go
- Wolf: @champ $AMBA Went long weekly 71.5 calls @ .59. 207% gain and still climbing. Need to figure out where to put a stop to protect gains.
- champ: $SPX $AMBA @$73.70 ....shorts could be starting to cover going into October and Oct is up 70% of the time$SPX..... but that is only a stat....doesn't really know if that means anything but it can't hurt.....
- Wolf: $AMBA Pretty tight squeeze. Starting to go parabolic on the daily chart. No position.
- Trixie: $AMBA>. looking kind of interesting off the 8 and 21ems, 50ma isn't that far down either.. I was thinking it was making a symmetrical triangle is moving to the upside..
- champ: $GPRO @ $14.30 now - The news on the launch of a new product ...was a great Spec trade and that trade appears to be over. However, at some point along the way... this stock will give traders a chance for a new entry but know one evens knows... at What price that would be....? I'm also watching $AMBA for a new entry.
- shoredriver: @champ $GPRO $AMBA $AMBA is my pic of the 2, but watching $NXPI also...
- Trixie: @Bridget $GPRO Got me looking at $AMBA.. reasonable reaction off the 50ma. i think you could still call it an uptrend.
- bwcarnation1: $AMBA bought small this a.m. nice uptrending stock with pb to 50dma....also bought some $FN and $ACIA
- champ: $AMBA ....OUT ...taking profits but now back on the top of my watch list
- champ: @orpheusredux $BABA - You are right, a lot of us in the forum play Singles Day every year ...on this stock and on a few others also but that is November and this is September. Remember I'm on your side and I'm also watching this stock closely now and I moved it up on my watch-list right next to $AMBA and $BMY.
- orpheusredux: @champ $BABA $AMBA $BMY Appreciate the info.
- champ: $AMBA @ $69. Nice move on this stock this morning after earnings and all the traders who took their profits but I posted on Friday why I got back in.
- champ: @Motormasn - $AMBA - On my post the other day... I posted that $AMBA 52 week hi was $93.48 that # was wrong it was $83.25...don't No how I picked-up that #...sorry I changed my post.
- woodman: @Alexandra $AMBA After-market trading is noise. It's limited trading. See how it was over 4% down at 8PM last night and now it's only 1.4% down here in the premarket? And we've still yet to open the proper trading day.
- PhilHarmonic: @janner0814 #bigmoney YES..Almost everything I own is going up. $AMBA which I sold before the close, yesterday, is not doing so well. Can't buy it back until my sales clear as I am short on CASH. #HAVE#NO#CASH
- janner0814: @PhilHarmonic $AMBA #bigmoney #HAVE #NO #CASH #NICE phil!
- tigerjohn8: @PhilHarmonic $AMBA #bigmoney #HAVE #NO #CASH Nice! You really dodged a bullet!
- champ: $AMBA @ $66.85 - Back in RHRN
- Motorman: @champ $AMBA Hi Champ, what makes you get back in at this level? bounce off 20day? I was waiting for a green candle on daily as a sign of strength.
- Motorman: @champ $AMBA Thanks for your answer, much appreciated.
- Alexandra: @woodman $AMBA sitting at support. 66.99
- champ: @Motorman $AMBA - As we all know they had great earnings and they also had across-the-board improvement in all their business and this sector is also outperforming. They are already getting a few upgrades this morning and more should follow. Price ta ...
- PhilHarmonic: $AMBA Sold 1/3 of my position. Earnings today after the close.
- woodman: $AMBA - holding over earnings. May the force be with me.
- Rasta: @woodman $AMBA finger on the sell button, but it keeps rising.
- woodman: @Rasta $AMBA Enjoy your last 5 minutes. I hope I don't regret it, but I'll survive if bad result.
- Rasta: @woodman $AMBA Sold 1/2 position at nice 20% profit.
- Rasta: @Woodman $AMBA First move Up afterhours, never a good sign.
- Alexandra: $AMBA up?! 🙂It's jumping all around. How confusing
- champ: $AMBA....,OUT 1/2 now ...jumping all over the place
- Forexpro: @Alexandra $AMBA Hey, Alexandra, Looks to be predominantly up, but yeah, it is skittish ... All the best!
- Alexandra: @Forexpro $AMBA Fingers crossed for my strangle. 😬
- TunaHelper: @Forexpro $AMBA 2017 guidance flat to down 5%. Ouchie!
- Alexandra: $AMBA I guess we have to wait for the conference call.
- Alexandra: $AMBA tanking.
- PhilHarmonic: @Alexandra $AMBA Sold 1/3 of my position this morning & sold the rest in the afternoon. Took Dan's advice about holding over earnings.
- DavidM: @Alexandra $AMBA Funny, the Nasdaq after hours site says that 434, 345 shares have traded in the after hours, but the list of trades looks more like 10,000 to 15,000. As I was hoping to turn this one into a long term hold, I held on. Apparently this may not be an appropriate long term hold.
- Alexandra: @DavidM $AMBA It's going to gap up I hope.
- Alexandra: @PhilHarmonic $AMBA I guess you told me so. 🙄
- woodman: @Alexandra $AMBA - $66.90 was last resistance point, so figure that is first level support. That's also a 61.8 fib retrace of 8/18 low (or almost a 38.2 of 8/3 low and 23.6 of 7/5 low). Beneath that, perhaps the 21dEMA of $66.17 day area. I'm sure we could run additional Fibs, but my position isn't big so I'm not sweating this at all. I have spread my $$ around various semiconductor and semi-equipment stocks that, as a group, have done well, so this pullback won't hurt me. It may, however, offer a spot to add. We'll see. Either way, not losing a wink of sleep over it.
- Alexandra: @woodman $AMBA I like the company and its a SP. so I may add also.
- woodman: @Alexandra $AMBA - See what happens tomorrow. Tomorrow may or may not be the time to add. For all I know we'll have to sell. Or not. Lots of other cross-currents tomorrow from a long Labor Day weekend with some perhaps already out of the office, to the jobs numbers tomorrow. http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/economic-calendar There is no need to rush things at the open. Let's see how it plays out.
- DavidM: @Alexandra $AMBA My brain is a bit foggy this evening. What is an "SP"?
- Alexandra: @DavidM $AMBA It means Small Position.
|Stock Price||$USD 51.37|
Ambarella Inc is a developer of semiconductor processing solutions for video that enable high-definition (HD), video capture, sharing and display.Request Video of AMBA
Already a member? Sign in here.
- August 31st, 2017 - 2018 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 89.11 35.39%
- $USD 9.23 35.23%
- $USD 10.88 35.11%
- $USD 44.99 -12.30%
- $USD 27.13 -8.71%
- $USD 16.38 -6.90%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 49,000 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (49,000) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!