Ambarella Inc. (NASDAQ:AMBA)
Old Forum Content for AMBAMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Bridget: $AMBA breaking out on earnings.
- JJT1: $SWKS Another one I may have entered too soon and may now be at better buy point at hammer bounce off 50 day SMA. $AMBA reports 30th and may affect this...
- JJT1: $AMBA $SWKS $AMBA I wanted to get $AMBA but looks to report on 30th, and I missed Hammer candle at 200 day SMA of few days ago, big green candle yesterday, with 50 day crossing 200 day approaching. Watching. $SWKS after shooting star doji, seems to have come back to indecisive support, BTO Dec 110 calls on Stochastic cross yesterday.
- woodman: $AMBA move up through resistance.
- traderbren: $AMBA - continues to creep higher.
- woodman: @traderbren $AMBA - I bought it today.
- champ: @bsafriet -- $AMBA @ $53...this is my pick in the sector and I have been posting on this stock...I holding and I added......No real need to force a trade on $NVDA...you have to have Patiences...look for laggers.
- Wolf: @champ $AMBA $NVDA Launched off the 200 DMA. Up 5.6%
- champ: @Wolf $AMBA $NVDA ----- The News on...$AMBA is....Canaccord Genuity raised their price target to $65 from $58 at 7:30 ET ...I added 60% to this lagger and I'm in with #Size. I'm still watching the markets but on $NVDA I did add 50% but with #Stop near entry on that Add...and I'm #not playing with #size...because this stock is Not a #Lagger.
- Wolf: @champ $AMBA $NVDA #Size #Stop #not #size #Lagger As for $NVDA, I normally only trade weekly options and short term trades against them, at least until after earnings. I took a Small - Medium stake in $AMBA. Not sure where to set a stop since it so volatile.
- traderbren: $AMBA - closed the gap on the upside from the drop on 8/31. STC Nov $52.50 calls
- champ: @Wolf $AMBA $NVDA ---- #MarketNews ---- On $AMBA, its not really volatile, it only drops on earnings and thats in the past now, I guessing but I'm Not going to hold into earnings. On my core position, I'm going to swing and not really planning on se ...
- champ: $AMBA @ $51.50 ---- My #TradingSystem ---- I posted on this stock on 9/27 and the stock just keeps slowly moving higher. This stock is in play, take a look at the chart...still holding and I added. All my swing positions, start out as day trades, aft ...
- Wolf: $AMBA squeeze just above the 50 DMA. Small starter position, stop just below the 50 DMA.
- champ: $AMBA @ $48.50 ---New Day trade Spec/Swing on the open, on #News
- Kid2old: $AMBA Bought a starter position on breakout from 47.00 alert. It has been moving up and then sideways since earnings gap down.
- Thebigshort: @DAN $CME Good Morning Dan. Are you watching $gpro. They improved their outlook. Watch $amba. What do you think.
- DAN: @Thebigshort $CME $gpro $amba Haven't been watching either company. GPRO is pretty volatile here. Just not something I would be trading now b/c it has snapped back from a big gap. And AMBA is busted.
- tri2insite: $AMBA 59 min trade
- Thebigshort: @tri2insite $AMBA I just bought the weekly 43 calls for .60 1 contact. Do you think it goes higher
- tri2insite: @Thebigshort $AMBA don't know. Be careful with big sell off.
- success: @tri2insite $AMBA busted stock . . earnings last night
- Bridget: #Notes: Healthcare stocks coming out of squeezes: $ALXN $VRTX $REGN $ESPR $PFE $MRK $CI and $AFL at new ATH $WYNN at new all time high. $LVS and $MGM also looking good $XLK - $MU back up at all time highs, $CRM working,$SMH looking strong $PANW up big on earnings, also move $CYBR and $FEYE $TECD $AMBA - down big on earnings Chinese stocks working: $BIDU $TAL $EDU $WB $SINA $XOP - recovering. $MPC $BHP $RIG making strong moves $ABT - new 52 week high $OC - great construction stock $SNDR - cup and handle Another big day for car stocks: $GM $F $FCAU $KMX.
- Wolf: $AMBA breaking through the upper BB and out of it's recent range. Adding RHRN. Earnings 8/31.
- gilman23smm: $AMBA Good day for AMBA. My alert was triggered.
- Wolf: $AMBA Long tight squeeze, drifted back through the 50 and 20DMA. Up .28% in a down market. Started a small spec position anticipating run up to Earnings 8/31.
- optionswealth: @Wolf $AMBA A volatility squeeze since 6/14! I think I would like to join you when it pops its head above that squeeze price, say 52.71
- Wolf: @optionswealth $AMBA I will add if it pops. Curious why it is up slightly when most other tech is down. Any thoughts anyone? Just speculation?
- GOOSE: @RAMIE $AMBA Sinking
- infocus: $AMBA STO Jun 9 2017 57 Puts @ 1.50 Following @GOOSE but a bit late to this one, slinger ; > )
- Forexpro: @infocus $AMBA Good Luck, Infocus, Just a reminder, earnings are on Jun 6. All the best!
- infocus: @Forexpro $AMBA Thanks for the reminder. Missed it :>(
- GOOSE: TRADE: Upon reflection last night, I lost confidence in the $AMBA Puts that I put on, and that was because the Bullish DragonFly, in the AM turned into a Bearish DF at EOD. I took the piercing of the 50 Day as a shot across the bow, rightly or wrongly, and got out of my trade today. The body of the DF did close above the 50 Day though. Still holding the 57.50 Puts. BTC $AMBA 6/9/17 58.0 CALLS @1.80. STO @2.00 I feel better now. ;>)
- GOOSE: @infocus $AMBA Just posted. Take a gander. Now that @Forexpro just mentioned earnings very soon, I think I'll get out of my 57.5 Put, singular, too. I have NO special knowledge on this one. Too much volatility for my old heart. Where are my glycerin pills. ;>)
- infocus: @GOOSE $AMBA Thanks to you and @Forexpro. Will probably watch it for an hour or two. Sold a few contracts, so maybe I can squeeze out a break even or a small gain. A "mental " stop.
- GOOSE: TRADE: @Ramie $AMBA BTC 6/9/17 57.50 CALL @1.95 STO @.88 Last $AMBA PUT.
- infocus: $AMBA BTC Jun 9 2017 @1.45 (STO @ 1.50) No damage, moving on...
- GOOSE: $AMBA getting beat up again.????
- Forexpro: @GOOSE $AMBA Yeah, Goose, I had to bail out of my short puts for a nice 2 buck loss, now short puts with a lower strike for a credit of 1.75. I've been watching the size on the bid ask, which has been unimpressive, but of course the price matters more, and that keeps going lower. I have not seen any news, and I've been looking. Stifel says it should be "bought on weakness"; that, apparently, is in the eye of the beholder. Seems weak to me, so where are the buyers? :) We'll see how it goes; all the best!
- Forexpro: Re: $AMBA Hi, Friends, Just for fun, here's a 1-minute chart of today's price action in $AMBA. I have the distinction of having been stopped out twice in one day, at two different option strike prices. Not at the absolute low on the second occasion, but close enough. Very interesting activity in the absence of any news, so far as I can tell. I've been looking. Here's hoping that your day is going well; all the best!
Forexpro: @GOOSE $AMBA
I put a friend on the case; he has more important things to do, but unlike me, he has a Bloomberg Terminal. He came up with this:
Ambarella Checks Verify DJI Socket Loss, Morgan Stanley Says
2017-05-31 10:26:16.864 GMT
- GOOSE: @Forexpro $AMBA Thank you Forexpro. I'm still holding my 57.50 Puts, with the intention of rolling them next week if necessary.
- GOOSE: $AMBA Got a dragon fly on the daily. Bottomed??? Thinking of selling a NTM 58.0 Put, EOD, if stock holds up. Gun slinging.
- GOOSE: Slinger TRADE: $AMBA STO 6/9/17 58.0 PUTS @2.00. Had a bid .10 over the Ask, and was taken. Stop is in.
- GOOSE: $AMBA A point away from the 50 Day on the daily, and on the 50 Day on the weekly. Just sayin'.
- GOOSE: $AMBA -4.99 PacCrest downgrade.
- JBed: $AMBA just took off like a rocket.
- woodman: $AMBA coming back decently.
- JJT1: All P&F double top B/O $AAOI, $OLED, $LITE, $MOMO, $NTES, $ULTI, $AMBA, $FIZZ
- woodman: $AMBA doing good work today.
- GOOSE: $UVXY, $MU, $AMD $AMBA From the boonies of NJ, ;>) Re: My post yesterday. I'm almost whole again. What a difference a day makes.
- infocus: @GOOSE $UVXY $MU $AMD $AMBA Glad to hear that. I'm close. Still in France ;>)
- GOOSE: TRADES: $UVXY STO 6/23/17 18.0 CALLS @.53 $AMD STO 6/9/17 13.5 CALLS @.25 $AMD STO 6/9/17 11.0 PUTS @.26 Part of a short strangle. $AMBA STO 6/9/17 57.50 PUTS @.90 Small size. Thanks to my friend @Forexpro, his idea, my trade. Looking to take them back at a nickel. ;>)
- GOOSE: $AMBA HOD
- 1993dean: Hi Dan what do you think of $hhc and $amba buy or hold thank you
- traderbren: $AMBA -- seeing buying interest, and looks constructive here.
- jetace: $AMBA $TER $NANO have a look at the sector "semiconductor equipment and materials", IX2450 on Worden's indexes. These all have a steady climb, good pop on earnings and even some good entries. WORKING
- traderbren: $AMBA -- getting a bid
- Lou: $AMBA must be reacting to $TASR news.
- champ: @Lou $AMBA $TASR --- Yes, good point...I'm long... new.
- champ: $AMBA --- Stopped out at entry... when you chase ...that can happen...but you can hit many home runs but not today....only out for now....also OUT $TASR...for now. No gain ..no loss...just a waste of time.
- Wolf: @champ $AMBA $TASR Backed into a can't lose trade. BTO weekly 56 put @.45, Bought shares @55.45.
- champ: @Wolf $AMBA $TASR -- Yes, I can't lose now because I'm out...but only for now.....as you know you just have to go with the flow.
- bsafriet: @traderbren $AMBA Amazing! somebody believes it has a future in the autonomous automobile!
- bigbartabs: $AMBA could be at a good buy point... if the double touch of the 50dma holds.
- Wolf: $AMBA Reversal off the 50DMA on low volume. Any thoughts?
- success: @Wolf $AMBA my thought . . relatively low risk with a stop just below $54 . . Dan always mentions what would you be thinking of as an upside, where resistance might be and whether or not that is enough to put your money in the stock . .again just my thoughts . . hope that helps
- issues: @Wolf $AMBA Symmetrical triangle chart pattern. Dan can answer better than me but I would say it has a greater chance of going up than down...
- spmeyers: $AMBA moving; Dougherty & Co.’s Charles Anderson writes that it appears the key part of Intel’s bid is the “vision” processing capability of Mobileye, and that for that reason, a company like Ambarella should also be highly desirable. “Thus, the deal confirms our suspicions that the vision processing/computer vision element is likely more valuable than the market has acknowledged to date,” writes Anderson. “For this reason, we believe investors would be wise to turn their attention to Ambarella in a post-MBLY takeout world.” “We are hard-pressed to find any other publicly-traded company that could be more levered to capturing upside from this opportunity.”
- coldevinc: @spmeyers $AMBA Looks like the markets agreed
- humble: @coldevinc $AMBA .....distribution today?
- spmeyers: @humble $AMBA not too much
- champ: $MBLY ...out now .....added 25% to $AMBA on the open.
- champ: $AMBA @ $57.40 up 2.1% $1.20 --- Somethings going on Volume is already over the 20 day avg...I'm back in Spec swing long ....er were just the other day....maybe M&A....???
- shoredriver: $AMBA still going down
- champ: $ROST $AMBA $CBI $TASR $DY all will be reporting after the close....RHRN
- champ: $AMBA @ $58.35 ---- Nice bounce this morning ....the stock is still on this run ...all thru February...earnings are on Tuesday 2/28/after....its working and I added this morning to my position....I have been posting.
- champ: $AMBA ....really strong
- success: @champ $AMBA i have been watching today . . 56.11 was where I set my buy signal and then wimped out . .
- issues: @champ $AMBA did you buy
- champ: @issues $AMBA ---- I posted on 1/4 ....that I thought...that around $52.50 was the low...my entry was around that level.....it's on the posting thread.....I was thinking about tax selling around that time....and was looking for stocks like I also posted about $WB and others but I can't remember all.
- Tony220397: @champ $AMBA, $WB, I still have some positions are all profit, should I sell them now!
- Trixie: @DAN $COMPQX $SP $DJ I can't help but think $NVDA is like $AMBA had been back acouple yrs ago.. pattern wise.. fwiw i wasn't on $NVDA during this run, but participated in the $AMBA run back then.
- DAN: @Trixie $COMPQX $SP $DJ $NVDA $AMBA Blowoff top...
- Trixie: @DAN $COMPQX $SP $DJ $NVDA $AMBA that, along w the double top in there..
- champ: $LRCX and $AMBA both working today...$AMBA is a lagger and I might add but both are long term ...for me...holds and just wait for the $$$$.
- Motorman: @champ $LRCX $AMBA Lost patience and sold 1/2 position $amba @51only to see it go up. $Gpro influenced decision which happens to be peaking above 50now
- woodman: @champ $LRCX $AMBA - and LRCX has a squeeze going now. I'm long LRCX and would like to add.
- champ: @Motorman $LRCX $AMBA $amba $Gpro ---- I hear you...it's not hard to lose Patiences....especially when the market turns...I also lose patiences but don't tell anyone.
- champ: $AMBA @ $54.25 HOD about 5% - This lagger is moving up this morning also.....following $NVDA ...I'm long both but $AMBA could be the next mover...ER not until 3/2
- Rasta: $AMBA #BOTTOMFISHING starting a small spec position in $AMBA. Playing this similar to $COR where I caught it near the bottom.
- champ: @Bridget $GPRO----This is helping this lagger $AMBA...I have a position and I added.
- champ: $AMBA @ $55.50 up 4% ...posted Info yesterday...and I added already this morning.
- captron: $AMBA - Is making a statement this morning. Up nicely.
- Robert1965: @champ $AMBA have sold any. I am in at 55.50, at 11:45, it hasn't bounced much since then, what are you looking at, set my stop at 54.36, the open
- champ: @Robert1965 $AMBA --- I was tempted but I did not....I'm still holding my full position....this could be just the beginning of the move... is my guess. This is a play on all the devices that were sold during the Holidays....$AMZN $FIT $GPRO and many others...I had a post on about their past earnings...yesterday. The 52 week hi was around $75....I'm thinking about adding but watching just for now....I'm holding a starter position of only 1/3rd size.....they are at 3 conferences today ...so I'm expecting upgrades in the next few days.
- Robert1965: @champ $AMBA $AMZN $FIT $GPRO Thanks I think I should raise the stop 55.00
- champ: $AMBA @ $54 --- Yesterdays low @ $52.25 could be the low for 2017....is my guess.
- captron: @champ $AMBA $GPRO made the same move today, up. They are in tandem.
- champ: $AMBA @ $53.60 $GPRO - @captron --- On $AMBA...they reported great earnings on 12/1 and beat by 18% on earnings and rev were up 7.8% and gross margins expanded 40 basis points to 66.3% but they guided flat for the 4th because it was unknown at that point and the stock dropped for no real reason. Now we know that sales were great in the 4th qtr for All retail and that news came from Amazon ....and they reported best sales ever on all devices. Also $FIT on wearables....thats why there stock is bouncing. $GPRO will be reporting on 2/2 and $FIT on 2/22 but they already report great sales but no #'s. This is all great news for Ambarella $AMBA they make products that are inside these devices. I could be a little early but I have a new position today and I'm new Spec swing long with a starter positions... 1/3 size for now.
|Stock Price||$USD 53.32|
Ambarella Inc is a developer of semiconductor processing solutions for video that enable high-definition (HD), video capture, sharing and display.Request Video of AMBA
Already a member? Sign in here.
- June 5th, 2018 - 2019 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 13.11 70.50%
- $USD 9.84 35.66%
- $USD 60.97 32.10%
- $USD 26.83 -17.62%
- $USD 46.01 -14.82%
- $USD 7.00 -12.34%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 54,200 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (54,200) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!