TopBuild Corp. (NYSE:BLD)
Old Forum Content for BLDMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- issues: I just got around to watching Dan's video on $BLD. It's pulled back a little, maybe a little more tomorrow? Hope so. Then it's a buy for me. On $MU & $RHT - this may be a big mistake but I am holding over earnings. Ouch or hurray! Either way my money is in the clouds!! RHT is a cloud stock: This from Zack: "Cloud-based companies have been some of the best performing stocks in the tech sector this year, and these cloud stocks also boast strong fundamental metrics. If you’re looking to add tech stocks to your portfolio right now, this list is probably a good place to start."
- DAN: $GDI $BLD -- these two Growth Stock List holdings are working really well today. I missed the $70 breakout on $BLD, which is where I was going to add to my position. Can't add now...so I'll just stick with what I have. $GDI is also working today. ...
- stox: @DAN $GDI $BLD $SPPI Dan - too late to buy GDI? Thanks
- michaelH: @DAN $GDI $BLD $SPPI Would you add here to $GDI if you only had a starter position? Suggested topic for Strategy Session/webinar: Euphoria as a sell signal and how to measure it , tools that can help us gauge it etc. Thanks Dan
- spmeyers: @DAN $GDI $BLD $SPPI wrt SPPI, I see the break of upper BB but wouldn't the better breakout point be $21? about the loose stop: if the premise is "I think it will hold this breakout", why not place the stop right under that? I get what you say about respecting the volatility of the stock, but letting it slide back to $18 just seems like dead money.
- DAN: @spmeyers $GDI $BLD $SPPI Wanna do my video tonight, spmeyers? Happy to let you give it a shot. I like your analysis. 8-) Dan
- Robert1965: $BLD anyone adding
- DAN: $BLD -- Growth Stock. Solid move today. Support down around $64.50-$65
- bRobert: $BLD bounce off 50d. Holding stock. Look at weekly
4. $BLD – Growth stock working. Good bounce off support today.
5. $PRAH -- Still going. More of a “base” here...but it’s still not great...it’s just tradable.
6. $STRL – Watch for support at $17. Don’t li ...
- mopick: @DrScience, are you still in $BLD? Happy I took your prior advice and not add earlier.
- DrScience: @mopick $BLD No, I was stopped out on whipsaw Friday. The stock pulled back to 50 DMA, just about a half a buck below price, so you could take a position expecting the 50 DMA to hold. However, daily indicators still pointing toward flat to lower prices, and in the current environment, I think $63, and maybe $61, is in the cards before we see $69 again.
- mopick: $BLD, contemplating adding here on a bounce above $68
- DrScience: @mopick $BLD I think you'll get it a buck lower, closer to the 8 EMA. Still, taking 1/3 position works -- I've been known to be wrong.
- issues: @DrScience $BLD Since when is Dr Science ever wrong? Common'... Science is always right on target! Surely you jest....
- DrScience: @issues $BLD Maybe, I'm a little biased... Got stopped out of some at 67.95 earlier today. And, don't call me "Shirley." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74
- DAN: $BLD -- TopBuild is breaking out. Bought some at $67.
- DAN: @DAN $BLD This is on our growth stock list. (Big post coming soon re/ that list).
- infocus: @DAN $BLD Bought some @67.13 Stop?
- gig1: @DAN $BLD Is lack of volume in this move today a concern? Does one just scale back position size in buying on low volume breakout?
Take TopBuild ($BLD) for example. I actually just bought some at $65. It's been on the list for a while, but it's been consolidating and forming the right side of a base. It's a bit choppy, and a reversal from this level would essentially be a ti ...
- DAN: @gig1 $BLD Yes, it's a concern. I wouldn't scale back my buying position (it's always less than 5% of my account size. I'll just build it up as/if the stock works). I'll just watch it more carefully and insist that volume pick up before adding to the position.
- DAN: @infocus $BLD Gotta put it down around $63.50. If the stock falls back into the channel, then it's just another failed breakout and I don't want to hold the stock...not with the market trading as it is.
- infocus: @DAN $BLD Thanks Dan. That would be just over 5% loss if stopped out. I've got a small position to start, so it's doable.
- gig1: @DAN $SQ $ANET $BLD Excellent note Dan. Very helpful in defining your role and the value you deliver which is tremendous as a teacher.
- DAN: @gig1 $SQ $ANET $BLD Thanks gig1. It's important that people see what I'm trying to do here. I'm here for you. All of you. If anyone needs something, or has questions, requests, or feedback, I do consider it. All of it. I may not be able to do what is requested for various reasons...but if I can, I will. Always.
- ascutia833sunset: @DAN $SQ $ANET $BLD Great comment Dan, I've been a member going on 2 yrs at SMM, I've applied your trading process and using the trading rules you provided. I can honestly say my trading after about six months of listening to your strategy sessions ...
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $BLD TopBuild Corp.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=BLD&clip=94006
- DAN: @ascutia833sunset $SQ $ANET $BLD Thanks for that feedback, ascutia833sunset. That's really gratifying to hear...very glad that you're putting some of the things we're doing here to work. That's what gets me up early each day. Congrats on doing so well!! Dan
- DAN: @infocus $BLD That's the idea. If we could (would) have bought BLD back down below $65 when it was at the 50-day moving average, we could have taken a bigger position b/c the stop could have been tighter. Bigger profit exposure with the same, or smaller, risk. But since it's breaking out, gotta give it more room.
- spmeyers: @DAN $SQ $ANET $BLD good stuff; my main gripe with the Growth Stock list is that it's weighted toward large or mid caps; I'd like to see more small caps, which are more my trading style
- vblegacy: @DAN $SQ $ANET $BLD Thanks, these are words that I needed to hear.
- BigJack: @Dan Dan on $BLD you said you pick up a few shares, I look at the chart and BLD was following the upper bull- band. could you explain what little move made you pull the trigger?
CHOFF: @DAN $SQ $ANET $BLD
Thought provoking post. You've definitely helped me be a better technical trader. I disagree slightly that entry is "everything" though. Price entry is certainly critical but not everything all of the time. Buying your ...
COTD: $BLD – breakout from a volatility squeeze on high volume. Thin stock. Uptrend intact. Can put a stop below the 50-day MA.
$SPX – accelerating to the upside. “Tax vote? CFPB being torn down? Missile Launch? BTC about to go th ...
4. $BLD – Holding at 50-day MA. Stop should be below $60
6. $CGNX – trailing stops
10. $DVMT – still consolidating
12. $GDI – new addition.
14. $ICHR – will give ...
- bRobert: $LOW $BLD LOW breaking out of tight consolidation. BLD bounce off support
$BLD -- has required patience...but no reason to be selling (or adding). Very thinly traded.
$WB -- breakout.
$WUBA -- post earnings drift.
$JD -- note the throwback test of the June/Aug neck.
5. $BLD – Insulation installer. Low risk entry. Current status: Sideways squeeze. $67.25 buy point.
6. $CBOE – 4 & 4 (3&4 flat) EPS/Revs. Current Status: Steady uptrend.
7. $COHR – Current Status: Breakout from volatili ...
- phgruver: $BLD is off another dollar. The breakout appears to have been a fake out....
- woodman: @issues $KEM $ALGN $ALRM $PAYC $CORT $ANET $OLLI $PCTY $IPCP $DVMT $NVDA $CTRL $GWRE $BABA $BLD $SQ $ESNT -I simply don't know what to make of this odd, announced "quiet period" in $KEM. When I think quiet period, I think buyout. But I don't think of a buyout with an announced quiet period. I might be inclined to buy it back when the dust settles if I could make heads or tails of the situation. Obviously, the Market is spooked by it. I see $CORT is on that list. I sold mine today before earnings.
- issues: @woodman $KEM was on Dan's long term hold list that he went over last weekend. I guess Dan goofed short term. Also on Dan's LTH list were: $ALGN $ALRM $PAYC $CORT $ANET (he said to hold through earnings. Earnings growth up... wow is me today but still holding. Also on his list were: $OLLI $PCTY $IPCP $DVMT $NVDA $CTRL $GWRE $BABA $BLD $SQ $ESNT... (not sure where his list is posted.) Ironically KEM is still #1 in ELECTRONIC-PARTS GROUP #47 and rated 99 Cumulative and B- accumulation. And still on the IBD 50 list.
- geotheo: @issues $KEM $ALGN $ALRM $PAYC $CORT $ANET $OLLI $PCTY $IPCP $DVMT $NVDA $CTRL $GWRE $BABA $BLD $SQ $ESNT #1 #47 The list is to the right of the top few posts. Select "Watchlist". Right under "Moving", "Trending.
- bRobert: $BLD squeeze. Weekly flag
- Bridget: $BLD starting to breakout of this squeeze
- bRobert: @Bridget $BLD Long calls
- Bridget: @bRobert $BLD Very low volume on the options in this stock!
- phgruver: @Bridget $BLD ...big spread on the bid/ask too....
- bRobert: @phgruver $BLD Patience required to get the best fill. Sometimes easier buying a spread. STMP is worse
- bRobert: @Bridget $BLD Volume doesn't bother me in this market. Much of the SPY run up has been on lower volume and the "pros" have dismissed and missed the move. Low volume runs, V recoveries knifing through "resistance" is part of the new trading reality until the rules change again.
15. $BLD -- Insulation services. Fast grower. Still under accumulation. Handle between $63-$67. 11/7 earnings
16. $SQ -- still going. Hang on to this.
17. $ESNT -- 11/9. Phase 2 of the squeeze seems brief. $45 marks Phase 3. Buy $45.20
13. $BLD – Insulation installation. QEPS growth: 36, 13, 48, 56. Qrev growth: 6, 4, 7, 10. Initial entry was $39-$40 breakout. Still working.
14. $GWRE – from yesterday….still working out of squeeze
15. $ALGN – still work ...
3. $BLD – Insulation. 74% growth rate. Focus on holding a stock for a while. Letting fundamentals and buying pressure combine.
4. $DHI – 32% growth
5. $TOL –40% growth
6. $PHM – 24% growth
7. $THO –24% growth. Airst ...
- bRobert: $BLD $SHW $LII BLD nh . SHW LII constructive moves. Higher lows. Looking for higher highs
- bRobert: $KRO $BLD $FND KRO BLD nh FND forming nice base.
- MtChet: $BLD - Blue sky
- sierramp: I'm keeping my powder dry but $BLD is worth a look. Bullish engulfing candle after ER 8-8-17
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $BLD TopBuild Corp.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=BLD&clip=88130
- DAN: $BLD -- also started a position in this stock today. VERY thinly traded, but holding above the 50-day moving average and still in a sideways high base that started in May. And the sector works.
- hazelb41: @DAN $BLD Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you teach that a high base should be bought at support or on a breakout? Did you just get a W&F or is there an objective reason behind this decision?
- DAN: @hazelb41 $BLD Not really any lesson. I started a small position near the 50-day moving average. If it falls below $52, then I"ll sell for a loss. But I like the way the sector is working. As Henry, woodman, and a few others are pointing out, the home builder stocks are doing well this morning. Many are in pretty good buy ranges. So it's just a small one...and I'll add to it if it breaks above $55...which I doubt will occur for a while because of the big reversal day on June 29th.
- woodman: Some #BuildingMaterials of interest: $JELD $BLDR $TREX $BMCH (if can get thru 50 day in coming days) $MAS $VMC $AWI $CSTE (at 200 day but has some work to do) $MLM $USG (maybe; has work to do) $OC (but is extended) $BLD $LPX (if gets thru 50d) $EWP (above 102 area) $PGEM (maybe).
- Trixie: @woodman $JELD $BLDR $TREX $BMCH $MAS $VMC $AWI $CSTE $MLM $USG $OC $BLD $LPX $EWP $PGEM #BuildingMaterials $IR might be of interest . VS up near the 50ma close to 52 wk highs too.. With their heating/cooling i think they might work.Only thing is they are from Ireland.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $BLD TopBuild Corp.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=BLD&clip=82398
- Bridget: Notes: Defense stocks - $COL is up big and other defense stocks are doing very well knowing that we are going to be increasing our military spending Retail- Some stocks up today $NWL $KSS $AEO, many others finding support Biotech/ healthcare - Quite a few making gains today $RARE $ACOR $AMGN $HUM $UNH $BLUE $AIMT $BIO $IMGN Banking - $BEN and $BAC making strong moves Tech: $AMD is still working $EXTR hitting a new high Breakouts: $TWX (on news of merger with $T) $GOGO - on earnings beat $KBH $BLD AFSI and SSTK to the downside IPOs - $INVH $TELL $ICHR and $FBM hit new all time highs
- agent99: $BLD down over $3 today after ER.
- agent99: $BLD breaking out. Would this be the time to add?
- Bridget: @agent99 $BLD Yes, not a bad place to add some.
- agent99: @Bridget $BLD Thanks!
- agent99: Waiting to add to $BLD. It ran out of steam before I added and has pulled back. Still watching.
- Tr8dr: $BLD I think Dan liked this above 36. Looks like it's in a rev strat setup
- jmm487: stocks that i am in:$EVA,$T;$MEP,$AHH,$COP,$CVC,$RAI,$HDS,$FB,$NXPI,$QRVO,$AMZN,$hES,$BLD
- tjv821: @jmm487 $EVA $T $MEP $AHH $COP $CVC $RAI $HDS $FB $NXPI $QRVO $AMZN $hES $BLD lots of winner winner chicken dinner on that list
- traderbren: $BLD - pushing higher RHRN
- Bridget: $BLD is pushing through resistance
- traderbren: $BLD - np, but seeing a bid
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $BLD TopBuild Corp. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=BLD&clip=70225
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $BLD TopBuild Corp. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=BLD&clip=69724
- DAN: $BLD -- would really like to see a close above $36. This is an IPO stock that's been covered, and that triggered an alert earlier (as a few of you have mentioned).
- woodman: Don't forget #BuildingMaterials - $CBPX $AWI $APOG $USG $SUM $NCS $PGEM $CX $TREX $MDU $BLD $BECN $VMC $MAS
- Trixie: @woodman $CBPX $AWI $APOG $USG $SUM $NCS $PGEM $CX $TREX $MDU $BLD $BECN $VMC $MAS #BuildingMaterials $CREE I can't endorse buying any here.. However I do think it is in the process of heading higher over time. Over all the more common ma's hasn't been over the 200ma in ages.. They do the #LED lights and a few other things.. I have picked up $AYI for a while also in LEDs /lighting.. One can choose either one near 52 week lows or highs..
- woodman: @debeers $MHK $MAS $M - #BuildingMaterials sector has a lot of nice charts - rebounders/reversals. Of interest (at least to me) in the sector: $SUM $CBPX $CX $USG $APOG $TREX $BECN $AWI $NSC $PGEM $MDU $BLD $VMC
- issues: IBD Group 3 (top group) includes $EFOI $AMWD $BLD (IPO). I see EFOI down 10% after hitting all time high. $AMWD & $EFOI are both Accumulate and Long. NP but does anyone have any of these?
- NotRightRabbit: I received an email shareholder letter regarding $MTSI separating it's Installation and other services business into $BLD. Stock up nicely. Long.
|Stock Price||$USD 80.24|
TopBuild Corp is an installer and distributor of insulation products to the United States construction industry. The Company's business segments are residential new construction, residential repair/remodel and commercial construction.Request Video of BLD
Already a member? Sign in here.
- May 8th, 2018 - 2018 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 18.80 18.47%
- $USD 39.25 11.32%
- $USD 80.24 7.38%
- $USD 5.70 -39.37%
- $USD 61.40 -23.93%
- $USD 59.45 -16.19%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 54,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (54,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!