Foot Locker Inc. (NYSE:FL)
Old Forum Content for FLMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- DrScience: $FL Stock is in a VS, and company updated Q1 and full year outlook this morning to slightly down YOY. Traders not sure what to make of the news -- down 7% to up 2%. Should open above the 50 DMA. Earnings May 19.
- zimzala: $FL, may be starting Phase 3 off the 50 SMA. Volume is weak.
Except in the stock market, that is. Equity investors still seem to see these policies gliding into place in the near future. As Fed officials said in the minutes of their last meeting, released Wednesday: "the recent increase in equity prices ...
- Henry: $FL Yesterday the border tax was going to crush them today earnings are out and it's all better. Foot Locker ( FL) is up nearly 7% on Friday, after its fourth quarter results. The retailer said it earned $1.37 a share on revenue that rose 5.3% year over year to $2.11 billion . Analysts were looking for earnings of $1.32 a share on revenue of $2.11 billion . Same-store sales rose 5% in the quarter, while total sales increased 5.3%. Somebody is jerking my chain
- issues: @driverdev I like to use "Lo cost" for selling tax loss to avoid "WASH SALE." For example I bot four 1/4 positions in $FL. The last buy was profitable but the others were at a loss. So I sold the Lowest cost at a profit and keep the other ones at a loss. Why? So I can buy more within the month and not violate the cost basis and trigger the wash sale. Get it? Now I can buy more FL since I have not sold any at a loss. Makes good sense and cents to me!
- issues: $FL Could this be the start of something BIG? $FL big bounce off bottom. Still holding a few shares. Bought $OKS $GKOS sold $UA $SKX.
- bwcarnation1: $FL down 14% on lowered estimates and comps down 3-5%
- Henry: @bwcarnation1 $FL $FINL Finish Line in FINL FL is foot locker
- janner0814: Retailers have the extremes in good & bads.... which is why the $XRT & $RTH are both meh😣! Point is, be in the better, uptrending retailers. 😊 $FL = #STEALTH rally. http://tinyurl.com/thinkdifferent1997
- gmj: $FL anyone holding footlocker over into earnings tomorrow? I will sell sm pos by the end of the day. Since I'm selling that means you all can buy for the big upturn tomorrow morning. The market hates me when I hold over earnings. I just won't do it anymore ! Enjoy !
- Bridget: $FL inside day after a breakout on an uptrending stock. I'll be watching this to see how it acts next week. ER on 11/18
$FL - 2 big moves on increasing volume heading toward earnings
$CVX - new high
$CCJ - breaking out of squeeze and downtrend
$D - broke below the recent low that last time I failed the 200MA. Multi month downtrend stil valid
$LNT - same sim ...
- coldevinc: @Bridget $WVE $BGNE $ASGN $AGX $OLLI $GHL $FCAU $CCL $HZN $GE $MACK $FL $CVX $CCJ $D $LNT $MOMO $NTES $PEP $KO $PNW $POST $PG $O $EWZ $WR Thank you, on the ball as always!!!
- numbers: $FL is trying to breakout, watching, $GDDY it set a new high got bounced back
- orpheusredux: $FL strong. Approaching ATH of last year. Damn, Finerman kept recommending this and I was asleep.
- gwenzee: @janner0814 $TIF $BBY $IP $PDCE $BURL $SM $AMAT $URBN $TTWO $CAVM $DSW $NTAP $DKS $SYMC $UNP $PX $FL $HRL This was most interesting. Are these stocks that you have owned? How did you find them? A scan or what?
- janner0814: Eighteen stocks with positive moves following previous volatility squeezes: $TIF $BBY $IP $PDCE $BURL $SM $AMAT $URBN $TTWO $CAVM $DSW $NTAP $DKS $SYMC $UNP $PX $FL $HRL #ARAGORNchallenge: @Aragorn's request for members to come up with their own #ideas and #processes.
- janner0814: @gwenzee $TIF $BBY $IP $PDCE $BURL $SM $AMAT $URBN $TTWO $CAVM $DSW $NTAP $DKS $SYMC $UNP $PX $FL $HRL Yeah just wrote a scan that identified BB squeezes with subsequent expansion patterns..... started initially with 4903 common stocks, then did my liquidity screen to take out the cheapos, left me with numerous good candidates...... ....eye balled the first 100 for positive momo patterns. The first 100 gave me these 18 hits. #ARAGORNchallenge: @Aragorn's request for members to come up with their own #ideas and #processes.
- bwcarnation1: $NKE breaking out on vol... maybe off of $FL
- NHBob: $FL Continues to move higher. HOD
- Trixie: @DAN $ROST $NKE $UA $FL water out the end of the hose.. wkly looks like a vs to the downside.. 3yr wkly vol profile shows a whole in the volume to about 55ish..
- Chris_P: Saw this on CNBC's website. I will be getting in $FL today. Foot Locker — Foot Locker will join the S&P 500 after the close of trading on Friday. The athletic footwear and apparel retailer will replace oilfield services company Cameron International, which is being acquired by Schlumberger. DCT Industrial Trust, a REIT specializing in industrial properties, will replace Foot Locker in the SK&P MidCap 400
- martyrb3: @Chris_P $FL Am also getting in this one. Karen Finerman on Fast Money has plugged this one regularly in past couple of weeks. Tim Seymour likes NKE even though more expensive because he says they set the prices in that space.
- debeers: $NKE@rck 89 and Bridget.If $NKE moved to another distributor, Footlocker would close A,lmost 40% of $NKE's biz in on their own website already and that biz is increasing, not decreasing. $FL used to drive much more of $NKE biz than they do now. If $NKE were in a bind, it wouldn't give a thought to squeezing $FL's testicles to make its own margins. I can't address your concerns or disagree with Bridget more vehemently than that.
- debeers: $NKE/$FL-@rck89 & Bridget, one of the most important things I have EVER learned from DAN is that price trumps conviction. Today, $FL is down 3.52% and $NKE is up. $NKE will do well with or without $FL. $NKE's management is far far superior to $FL. Its the product not the place.
- rck89: $NKE $FL @DAN @Dr. Science @Forexpro ALL Can somebody explain the price divergence between $NKE and $FL? $FL used to trade pretty much in tandem with $NKE for obvious reasons. Not the case recently. Why? Thanks.
- rck89: @debeers $NKE $FL Yea, but the store's biggest sale items were $NKE shoes and related products, hence the historical lock-step. But maybe it's finally broken? Thanks for your comment!
- debeers: @rck89 $NKE $FL--People are buying the shoes, not the store. Also NKE is doing more and more on its own website and cutting out the middleman. More and more website shopping and NKE is relentless in promoting its own brands on its site. Hope this explanation helps
- TunaHelper: I'm tempted to short $BBW (Build-A-Bear Workshop) into this pop just purely for the irony. @Bridget - I like your put trade on $SBUX. Think $NKE and $FL may be good ones too add as well.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $FL Foot Locker Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=FL&clip=65427
- captron: $FL - It has about 9 days of short covering if it gets started. Could get interesting.
- issues: The IBD 50 sure changed dramatically this week. There are 25 new stocks replacing 25 from last weeks. The new ones are ones that didn't go down as much (more than going up so much) This shows a very defensive stance the market has taken. Here's the IBD 50 list for today $ABC $AET $AMCX $ANET $CALM $CDW $CELG $CNC $CPB $CRI $CRL $CTXS $DG $DY $ELLI $EPAM $EQM $EW $FL $GGAL $HA $HAWK $HII $ICLR $IDTI $ITC $LGND $LNKD $MYGN $NKE $NTES $NUAN $OLED $PLAY $PRXL $REGN $RHT $ROST $SIG $STE $STZ $SWHC $TDG $TSO $ULTA $VEEV $WBMD $XRS $YY
- Aragorn: @issues $ABC $AET $AMCX $ANET $CALM $CDW $CELG $CNC $CPB $CRI $CRL $CTXS $DG $DY $ELLI $EPAM $EQM $EW $FL $GGAL $HA $HAWK $HII $ICLR $IDTI $ITC $LGND $LNKD $MYGN $NKE $NTES $NUAN $OLED $PLAY $PRXL $REGN $RHT $ROST $SIG $STE $STZ $SWHC $TDG $TSO $ULTA ...
- Aragorn: $FL - PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE $CEMP going up $JBLU $DAL $UAL working up
- Aragorn: @3kharvest $NKE $FL would have been a better one and now after movingup on a 5 to a decling 8ema now continuing to down and made a lower low. $NKE - at the 8ema if it fails here short it watch it closely RHRN so shuda becomes did
- champ: $FL - Also climbing in the AH ...off of $NKE ...OUT .... both in the AH.
- GreenGhost: @champ $FL $NKE $AAPL So at this point after numerous unsuccessful posts over last 5 days I’ll just assume you’re not interested in engaging in any technical discussion on your bullish $AAPL thesis you posted last week; that's too bad IMO ...
- champ: @GreenGhost $FL $NKE $AAPL Been very busy but I saw your teck post on $APPL and I agree with your thesis. I trade many swing bounce trades...I had 2 trades on Apple on Friday the 18th ...first one I got stopped out and on the second one going into t ...
- GreenGhost: @champ $FL $NKE $AAPL $APPL $AMBA Agree with my post/thesis ? Like pushing on string ; you originally posted a very bullish risk/reversal levered option trade w/o any tek analysis to support in that post; I wanted to know what was YOUR tek analysis to make you so bullish ; again you offer nothing in the way of technical analysis ; some upcoming TV show clip and thinking stock will do this or that is not technical analysis ; so no TA per se that I can see just trying to pick bottoms for vast majority of your trades; no volume; RSI HTB MACD OBV %D stochastics, money flow. momentum or any other technical indicators nor targets/plan on entries /exits ; basically series of of continuous hope stock holds/ bounces and reverses trades and long only at that with fairly tight stops ; does that summarize /encompass your basic trade strategy/philosophy approach?
- DAN: @champ $NKE Man, I've got nuthin'. Timeframe is everything. If you are a long term holder of NKE, then just hold the stock and know that your probably max downside would be to $115 -- the 200-day moving average. Stock has been consolidating for a while. I'd look at $FL and $UA. Both have been trending downward for quite a while. NKE has been hanging tough. I am totally agnostic about the stock. I have no position, and really would be guessing about the direction.
- champ: @DAN $NKE $FL $UA - OK...Thanks! Moved both up higher on my Watch-List ....$FL and $UA
- Bridget: Bearish trade ideas: $PNK, $FL, $NTRI, $DY, $ELLI
- Bridget: $FL death cross and the stock is moving lower
After penning my recent response to your post, I found myself more and more perplexed, and went back and took yet another look. Your suspicions were well-founded; the list reflecting the scan from the Altman Z score was corrupted, as it was somehow ...
$AHS, $ALK, $AOS, $APOG, $AWR, $BC, $BSTC, $CALM, $CBM, $CRM, $CVX, $DHI, $EDAP, $ETH, $FL, $FSS, $GE, $HD, $HUB.A, $HUB.B, $ICUI, $IDTI, $JBSS, $M, $MAMS, $MANH, $MAR, $MDVN, $MO, $MSFT, $NBIX, $NE, $NEO, $NHTC, $NKE, $NLS, $PLKI, $RAI, $RUTH, $SIR ...
- issues: @Shopaholic526 $SBUX Shopaholic I love that name! Hope you go shopping this week to make Black Friday look great. I don't think I would add to SBUX right now. I am holding 1/2 position and want to add but will wait to see if it drops (to $60?) a little. We also are holding $ROST $JWN $TJX & $FL & $LULU for a retail jump on Christmas.
- Shopaholic526: @issues $SBUX $ROST $JWN $TJX $FL $LULU Thanks for your reply. Love to shop. Not holding any retail stocks at this point.
- issues: I did a little Christmas stock shopping for retail. I bought the following $WMT $JWN $FL & $TJX. Looking over the two groups in IBD Group 67 includes $TGT $COST $SHOS $WMMVY (WalMart Mexico=low vol) The other industry group was group 194 included: $JWN $KSS $DDS $M $JCP $SRSC (Sears Canada- low volume) The two with the best charts are $SRSC and $WMMVY but both have such low volume its scary. We like to shop for the wife's shoes at $JWN. They are always busy at the mall around this time of year. So we bought a starter kit for $JWN stock. Anybody else in the Christmas spirit? Oh I almost forgot, we bought $UVE on sale.
- woodman: @Paddleboard $UA $NKE #sportsapparel - all taking it on the chin. Not being helped by $FL and $DKS (Oy!). A lot of retail (see $XRT), hmm, what's the elegant descriptive term I'm looking for ... sucks, that's it.
- woodman: @Jumpinvestments $ua - $NKE too. I think clues may be found with $DKS which is getting rocked today (and $FL).
- jwstich: @olveoyl $UA $DKS $FL $NKE your thoughts of a possible connection and $DKS may be correct as other stocks are also falling. However, $ua is certainly being hit much harder if this is the case.
- TunaHelper: $NKE - Watching this one for a possible short. It looks like it is heading into a vol squeeze / sideways consolidation. It seems to be quite stretched above the 200dma. Most retail (esp shoe mfgers / retailers) have been having troubles over the past few weeks (e.g., $SKX, $DECK, $FL, $FINL) from what I understand are inventory issues. Would enjoy others' thoughts on this one.
- issues: @TunaHelper $NKE $SKX $DECK $FL $FINL Yes that's what I have heard also but I think this close to Christmas the inventory will clear out by next quarter. So I am hold $SKX $FL until Feb reporting. Also $M reports tomorrow morning and could bring the group up.
- TunaHelper: @issues $NKE $SKX $DECK $FL $FINL $M My sense is that clearing out the excess inventory is not the solution to the problem, but actually one of the drivers of the problem. Presumably if there is excess inventory that needs to be cleared out, it will be heavily discounted which will negatively impact margins - potentially profoundly. Come earnings reporting time, folks won't be too happy to see declining margins. At least that's how I see it.
- judysteiner: @Traderbren--HI!--$juno working, $FL & $CAB
- traderbren: @judysteiner $juno $FL $CAB - Hi Judy. Yes, my alert hit when $JUNO cross the 200dma, but I didn't pull the trigger. At some point, hopefully after a pull back I will look to get back in as its been up 5 days in a row and looking extended at this point...but could always continue to run. cheers.
- issues: @TheFlash $CALM Yes I was thinking of adding. It sure looks tempting. I was also considering adding to the following: $PAYC $FL $FLT $HAWK $ZION $MTDR...
- champ: @geotheo $LULU - I believe this drop today in this $XRT sector is all about $FL $SKX and $UA. In the last 30 days they had upgrades at $MS on 9/21, $CS on 10/16, $C on 10/7 and $WFC on 10/21...I like stocks on YTD lows with upgrades but they all could be wrong this time around. Plus the Holidays are just around the corner and the markets appear to be turning ...the turn was on 9/30 IMO. I don't like this drop at all but I'm thinking we should be close to the bottom ...any day now in this stock. This stock has always been real hard to hold ...I will rethink my position about this stock on Monday but until then I'm getting ready to add again. LOL
- captron: $FL - Adding to my starter position. 2nd day off the bottom. I believe it could be starting an earnings run. Zacks has a strong buy on it. now.
- captron: $FL - Is this a fake out or has it really found a bottom. It has a strong buy rating at Zacks. They have revised their earnings up which they report on Nov 19. Taking a place holder.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $FL Foot Locker Inc. Price Alert. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=FL&clip=58354
- DAN: $FCX $FL -- note that these stocks are doing what they should be doing. FL is showing you a reversal that makes it a good buy candidate. FCX also confirming the higher low set last week.
- steve71: $AMZN $FL $NKE The Najarians sent a note two weeks ago saying to buy retailers on Labor Day, and sell on Black Friday. I am long these three names. The charts look pretty good, better than the major indices.
- Prazan: @steve71 $AMZN $FL $NKE Be aware that $NKE reports on 9/24 if this is a trade.
- Shopaholic526: $UA No question that the activewear market is booming. Out of $SKX, $NKE, $UA, $FL. $UA chart looks the best to me. Long $UA 1/15/16 105 C. $FIT making a nice comeback as well.
- steve71: $EXEL $VRTX $ACAD $FB $FL $JBLU This group of stocks are all trading at or above their 50 dma and are all green on a down day.
- clefferts: @steve71 $EXEL $VRTX $ACAD $FB $FL $JBLU - Add $RDUS to your list. I purchased some this am.
- steve71: @clefferts $EXEL $VRTX $ACAD $FB $FL $JBLU $RDUS Radius looks like it wants to hold a strong close on a weak day. Good find.
- Painter: $FL- FYI, reports earnings before open tomorrow. I have a large gain and sold half today.
Very Good: 122/125: $SCI $FL $WWAV $SCHW
Good: (121 to 118) of 125: $NYCB $C $SUPN $VRX $BKU $PBCT $AMBA $FOLD $ORI $JPM $ACN
Suggestion: Set your "pull back alert" to the 21 EMA or 20 SMA... pick your method, whatever it is; buy any of these on ...
- janner0814: @mrAdams @DAN @hazelb41 @GreenGhost Here are my ***Overlooked of the 150 & 125s: $TSS $PF $HOLX $HAS $EA $FL (*** Rarely mentioned more than once if at all) I do not hold any positions of any of the above. I have put unsuccessful bids on $PF, $HAS $FL. And all three have made me regret not being more aggressive about my bids. Mike: Previously, I'd commented to you about looking at the WEEKLY uptrending stocks vs. bottom fishers; the above are the antithesis to the bottom fishers, i.e. the uptrending stocks. These are relatively unnoticed..... for now.
- ginny: @Aragorn $AFSI $AGN $CNC $ELLI $FL $PAYC $PNK $REGN $SPR $UHS
- janner0814: TY J. From your list: Long $AFSI $FL $REGN $UHS I did close my $AGN and consolidating into $BMY and $REGN . Scaled back taking profits on $VRX $VRTX, $HZNP and $SRPT. Will re-enter and scale into $VRX or $HZNP on Pull backs. Added on Monday to $ESRX $UHS and $MNST (your prev: ID). Scaled out/took profits on $KRE. **********reference post********* @Aragorn: "IBD50 Inside days $AFSI $AGN $CNC $ELLI $FL $PAYC $PNK $REGN $SPR $UHS"
- janner0814: Well.... as pull backs and discounts come, all my scaled in bids are firing. $FL $MNST $AFSI $PANW
- janner0814: Confused on what to do? Why not look at the uptrending Weekly and Monthly charts? You can use this template for the weekly perspective: http://schrts.co/OOVxLR, just plug in the symbol, included are my chart parameters. If anyone can help the newbies on a website that displays the monthly charts, that would be appreciated. A few of the stocks are extended, so consider scaling in on pull backs. Here are a few "boring weekly and monthly, uptrending stocks" from my scan, just to get you started: $HRTG $TSO $MBLY (my longer time FAV) $DEPO $ALXN $KHC $EA $CTRX $FL $HCA and $LEN.
- steve71: $FL Foot Locker steady uptrend and outperforming the market all day.
- lostsheep: $LEG,$CEMP,$VWR,$FL,$SPR- scanning potential bullish reversal candle patterns last night (can't speak to all the varying names of the patterns) but these were a few that looked attractive. FWIW
- steve71: $FL Footlocker at ATH.
- Painter: $FL- Added to core position putting stop just below last Friday's low.
"Dillard's: Due for a Markdown" conveys the flavor of the piece. The chart of $DDS looks "extended" to me, but that's a pejorative way of saying "strong". The argument is that the growth in share price has come through ...
Forexpro: Re: $FL
Good Morning, Friends,
In all candor, I don't think that I was aware that $FL was still a going concern. Apart from the very occasional trip to an Apple Store, the advent of $AMZN has basically made me mall-free, and apparently out of touch ...
- captron: $FL Failed the I am going higher test. Gap and Crap after beating earnings.
- DragonFly: $FL - $57.00 price target that Dan said to set for a breakout buy price just went off.
- iwant2belikeme: @DragonFly - $FL reports tomorrow.
- DragonFly: @iwant2belikeme $FL - thanks for the reminder.
- DragonFly: $FL - reports 11/21 before market. I'm watching to see how it trades up to earnings to see if I'm holding or selling before earnings release.
- DragonFly: $FL - long - rejected $56 las week - sell or hold. BB are turning up but shows over sold. ??
- DragonFly: $FL - exploding up! Yes!
- ginny: #OFF TOPIC I always struggled to find those stocks that were moving on heavy volume especially on day 1. Looking to be that semi-smart money and buy on day 2 for a profit. In don't have the advanced screening software that many of the traders have, just me and my laptop and iPad. I get 100 emails a day and one that I get for free is the IBD Market Prep. On that is listed the top 5 IBD stocks being bought on heavy volume for that day. This does not include AH trading. Todays are from highest vol $PLOW $SWIR $FL $RHI $CCO Some are at good buy points and others are not. Hope someone finds this useful information.
- DragonFly: $FL - back to the 20dma that is support so far. Buy time (weekly chart)
- DragonFly: $FL - added to my holdings with this gap down. IBD 50 stock
- greberalan: @DragonFly $FL where's the buy signal from this gap down? I don't see it yet. Close, but no 'banana' yet.
- BocaRick: @greberalan $FL only news, CEO retiring? But Succession plan in place?
- tallal: $FL...starting to fill today's big gap down thanks to Pete Najarian and Stepanie...I am fishing
- snmtraders: @tallal $FL - And, you can be sure Karen Finerman will be touting it if she is on Fast Money tonight, as this is one of her favs, so buy, buy, buy.
- Trixie: @champ Retail , not sure if you would consider $HAS retail or not.. but it has printed a nice new 52week high.. $LB is also.. Actually as I go thru a list of new 52week highs, retail/shopping /consumer seems to be quite well represented... $FL also looks interesting to me. Looks to be breakign the recent downward trend.. and still in the larger upward trend, Would expect it to play well off the $UA/ shoe trend/theme..
- issues: Stock purchased this morning include: $SAVE $JBLU $MTDR $GBX $NXPI $THRM $HA $MS $ARII $DAL $MOBI $FL $MBLY $CYBR $YY $TNA ...
- BocaRick: @DrChucky $FL also up
- BocaRick: $FL upgraded by Jefferies to Buy PT 66. up 0.13PM. Najarian on CNBC said big September $57.5 call buying (price pushed up from 0.60 to 0.90) should be big activity today. its the stuff that NKE and UA make. added to position yesterday.
- BocaRick: @bullmoose $NKE $FL playing small money with $FL, recent upgrade by Jefferies with a PT of $66. on CNBC, Najarian talking about Sept 57.5 calls being very active
|Stock Price||$USD 48.01|
Foot Locker, Inc is a retailer of athletically inspired shoes and apparel, operating primarily mall-based stores in the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand.Request Video of FL
Already a member? Sign in here.
- August 18th, 2017 - 2017 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 10.76 16.21%
- $USD 9.67 14.92%
- $USD 55.67 13.36%
- $USD 19.56 -12.93%
- $USD 30.43 -2.08%
- $USD 65.70 -0.98%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 49,000 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (49,000) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!