Himax Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ:HIMX)
Old Forum Content for HIMXMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Bridget: $HIMX day 2
- Bridget: #Notes: earnings moves today: $QCOM $KMI - gap and run down $AXP $PM $AA - unchanged $BX - down a little $SNA - bearish engulfing candle $ABT - breakout $CHKP - gap down $XLE - small pullback today $XLV $XBI - breaking out $GILD - moving higher after flag, expected move to $77 $JNJ - back up to highs $JAZZ - trying to breakout breakouts: $ABBV $FIZZ - phase 3 $THC - day 2 $RCL - new high $AGN - almost holding above $250 $MTSI - nice volume today $ESIO $HIMX - day 2 $HD $LOW - down on news $AKCA - #ipo on a tear $RACE - hitting $100 earnings after close: $V $MSFT $ISRG $EBAY $SLB
- Bridget: $HIMX breakout
- Bridget: #Notes: $SPY - up again on lower volume $QQQ - new all time high $IYT - transports were the only sector I saw that were down $OIH - getting a bounce in oil, $MPC new high $HACK - cyber security stocks doing well today $FTNT $PANW $FEYE $XLB - new all time high $KEM - continues, very extended now $AAOI - up again $CHKP - breakout, ER tomorrow $TTD - breakout, you can buy tomorrow near $54 $ADBE - continues to climb $NTRI - continues $HIMX - attempts to breakout $SYMC - continues $LOW - at a good buy point $CIEN - at a good buy point, coming off support $CSX - breaking down $IBM - at lows $GWW - breaking down IPOs $RACE $PLYA $AKCA $CVNA - in a squeeze $BL $TRVG $SOI $HCC
- tjv821: $himx what to do w this??
- Henry: @tjv821 $himx It got downgraded. Digital display IC's. Ok, that exhausts my knowledge on the subject. I see nothing compelling in the chart to buy or hold it.
- JBed: $HIMX gets downgraded, PT cut in half, and it suddenly heads to the moon?
- Henry: @JBed $HIMX They Fly reports the company is fighting back calling the downgrade suspicious and misleading. #fakedowngrade? http://tinyurl.com/yanhbaj5
- tjv821: @Aragorn $QCOM $AAL $FDX $UPS $VRTX $ATHN $SQ $IRBT $GBTC $IWM $CBI $DECK you forgot $himx
- Aragorn: @tjv821 $QCOM $AAL $FDX $UPS $VRTX $ATHN $SQ $IRBT $GBTC $IWM $CBI $DECK $himx LOL I saw that today nice move no position but 50 sma resistance and 200 it appears like that for now but worth keeping an eye on it $GBTC going back up
- tjv821: Aragorn are you on the hunt for red $Himx ??
- tjv821: $himx broken
- tjv821: $himx Aragorn your not in this right??
- Aragorn: @tjv821 $himx day trade off the lows earlier flat now. Break below 8ema I am not one to be there long also 8 crossed 21 but at 200 support so this is not a bad place to take some bounced right off it but nope not doing it other than day trading it now
- tjv821: @Aragorn $himx ty for your reply
- tjv821: $imgn and $himx pukefest continues
- tjv821: $himx @aragorn you don't have any skin in the game do you??
- tjv821: $himx still running possible double top???
- Aragorn: $HIMX bounce off the 21ema
- tjv821: @Aragorn $HIMX u back in with the bounce ??
- Aragorn: @tjv821 $HIMX yes
- Junior1: @Aragorn $HIMX Edit: Now breaking out... beautiful intraday chart From earlier: Tight VS rhrn on the 1 min chart Position: Long 19May17 7/10 Call spread
- spmeyers: @Aragorn $HIMX stop under today's low?
- Aragorn: @spmeyers $HIMX yep that is the 21ema
- champ: @Aragorn $HIMX ---- I guess you saw the news...wound't you know, I got stop out yesterday on that drop...with profits...might be too late for me to get back in...watching.
- Aragorn: @champ $HIMX 10:06 AM EDT, 03/31/2017 (MT Newswires) -- Himax Technologies (HIMX) is down nearly 3% although DigiTimes reported late Thursday the company will be among the component suppliers of Apple (AAPL) for its OLED iPhone that will feature a built-in 3D-sensing module to enable augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR). Himax is already involved in Lumentum's supply chain, which also includes STMicroelectronics (STM), sources reportedly said.
- champ: @Aragorn $HIMX --- You trading, holding or watching....??....NP at this time....because I'm watching the markets drop.
- Aragorn: @champ $HIMX holding rebought today will add on Monday if goes above todays hammer that is forming 21ema support
- champ: @Aragorn $HIMX---- OK...Thank, for the help...
- tjv821: $himx Aragorn u still in this ?? Taking a dump last few days after a nice uptrend
- Aragorn: @tjv821 $himx no the shooter then countered hammer did not hold so got out 9.40 came a long way looking to reload closer to 8 if I can
- Aragorn: $HIMX holding up off the highs but solid performer $NLNK stopped out yesterday below the 8ema looking ot see what happens around the 21ema
- SADL: $HIMX I added a little and moved my stop to below the opening low
- SADL: $HIMX on fire right at the opening
- champ: @SADL $HIMX A2 $8.80 --- Great chart and it seems like the stock is getting upgrades almost daily after their last earnings....the news flow is really hard to miss ...I double my position size on Thursdays.....stock can't help but to climb higher with all the analyst behind it....should just keep slowly climbing.....this is one of those stock that should be a buy and hold, for the next earnings report on 5/11. I'm guessing it will be 20-30% higher by then and might even run hard going into earnings...IMO why wait....to take a position.
- SADL: @champ $HIMX Thanks for your analysis champ. I added to my position early this am. I am now at a full position
- champ: @SADL $HIMX ---- You @Aragron and others were on top of this stock. I only added my 2 cents into the mix....Good Work.
- SADL: $HIMX up 4% despite the tape
- efrain007: @SADL $HIMX Bummed on this one. Had an alert a couple of days ago over $8.05 and didn't pull the trigger. Hoping it pulls back and holds 200.
- tjv821: @SADL $HIMX ty for. Ringing my buddy bk to my attention
- SADL: @efrain007 $HIMX i had the same alert and pulled the trigger on a starter position. I am now looking to add and raise my stop, but not in this down market
- Aragorn: $HIMX - I have been mentioning this of late if not on your radar you might want to put it there making moves again FD long. Inside day and up
- SADL: @Aragorn $HIMX See my post at 10:48; some of us are on to this one
- Aragorn: @SADL $HIMX great love the company
- Aragorn: $HIMX inside day up and looking like it is its way to a measure move of about 9.00
- tjv821: @Aragorn $HIMX ty for bringing this bk to my attention made money on this and totally forgot about it
- Bridget: My swing trade in $HIMX is working. Looking to sell around $6
- tjv821: $himx anyone know why this is getting crushed today??
- eacain: @tjv821 $himx Sorry for the late response but all I could find was a downgrade from Nomura (Buy -> Neutral) and PT adjusted down from $12 to $10.20...on the weekly chart it's right at the 50-session MA, and intraday low of 8.33 looks like past resistance. Are you considering a trade at these levels?
- Aragorn: $HIMX - 8ema support this is going higher IMO
- Aragorn: $HIMX is showing us some Strength today
- Aragorn: $HIMX moving up today anyone have any news?
- PhilHarmonic: @Aragorn $HIMX $SMH doing well.
- Aragorn: $HIMX continuing the move up
- Aragorn: $HIMX - I am really like the price movement on this stock it has broken a descending trendlne with above avg volume. It is getting extended and up 25% in 5 days, long a small starter, but this can go up a lot mroe
- Bridget: Notes: $LN - working $X - getting a bounce $HIMX - day 3, wait for pullback but then enter $EBIO / $SGYP / $TWLO - inverted hammer, this rally just might be an exhaustion $KITE - working $V - breaking out, look at weekly. I like the Oct $80 calls $AAPL - working $FIT / $CNX - like the stocks that are moving higher out of flag patterns right now $ALL / $MCK - in a squeeze $MPEL - breaking the downward trend $TPB - another IPO working $FDX - making a move $GS - moving higher now
- Aragorn: $HIMX on the move. OK have a good weekend everyone
- tjv821: $himx breathing some life
- Aragorn: @tjv821 $himx Maybe, Inside day setup go along above yesterdays high or short below yesterdays LOD. Still below the 8ema this just might be a bounce back
- captron: @Aragorn $himx I like the volume yesterday.
- Aragorn: @captron $himx still an inside day waiting for a signal
- tjv821: $himx safe to get back into the pool??
- tjv821: $himx to late to sell??
- PhilHarmonic: @tjv821 $himx On the weekly chart, it looks like it has support at the 200 period moving average. Could be a buying opportunity. Would watch this and see how it performs at this key longtime average. There are many other stocks that are better buys right now.
- tjv821: @PhilHarmonic $himx ty should have sold a long time ago
- tjv821: $himx why is this been getting crushed
- Squid: @tjv821 $himx Almost 12.75 million shares sold today. 90 day average is 3 million. appears to be large stakeholders are either reducing or liquidating their position(s). Other than a dividend declaration of .13 for the year there is no news published at this time.
- tjv821: @Squid $himx try for the update
- woodman: #Semiconductors #SemiconductorEquimpent - independent from Dan's weekend videos (which I didn't see until this morning), over the weekend I noticed tech and semiconductors having nice charts and perhaps a revival ($SMH) or some consolidation at a key moving average after a pullback ($XLK). So, I looked through the semiconductor and semiconductor equipment stocks and came up with the following tickers: Semiconductors: $HIMX $IDTI (on move above 200 day) $QRVO $SIGM $AMKR $SIMO $LSCC $NPTN $EXAR $MPWR $TSM $CY $AOSL $TXN $NXPI $MRVL (on move above 50d) $MXIM. (My current favorites among these are: QRVO SIMO CY AOSL NXPI). Semiconductor equipment: $AMAT (big move; hard to buy; viewing $21.70 as new support) $OLED $LCRX $ENTG $SNPS. ($SNPS is my favorite.) All of these are subject to change as the week progresses.
- Bridget: $HIMX we saw a bounce off the 200MA and now today it is moving higher. Above the 8MA. I added here at $9.17.
- tjv821: $himx anyone know why this is getting crushed when other semi getting a bid??
- judysteiner: Some stocks with news today $WTW Oprah elected to 2 yr term $Bery rated new buy at GOldman, up premarket $Jack eps .80 ahead of consensus, up premarket $Himx, up 2%,$WB up
- tjv821: $himx ouch
- twinvest: $CASH My biggest position now - got stopped out on several positions today. And now the market is turning green. Frustrating. Stopped out of $Celg, $Himx, $Lgih, good chunk of $oled and $aapl
- twinvest: $HIMX $UVXY $RTN $OLED $CELG $WWAV Stayed long on all these yesterday, and bought the June calls on $uvxy $10 strike into close yesterday vs taking profits. It is up, but not nearly enough to offset hit on my longs. I did add to RTN today as well as CELG and like the action on HIMX after that washout below $10. I am looking to add to WWAV as I think this has established a new uptrend after earnings announcement. Early but OLED is good here I think, but better to set $56 alert and buy there vs right at 50 day moving average.
- Bridget: $HIMX breaking down out of a bit of a head and shoulders pattern on the daily
- PhilHarmonic: @Bridget $HIMX Its right at the top of the box. It probably wants go go back in, and maybe try to test 6 again. Lots of tension at 9.72
- woodman: @Bridget $HIMX Yep. Sold mine on failure to hold $9.89 "support." $9.53 level could be support, but I ain't buying it back. Nope!
- tejas7: 3 things interest me today on a down day. $HIMX right at 50DMA, squeezing, in uptrend. $ENDP higher low on short term. Start a position with yesterday's low on 26.06 as stop. ($GOOGL at the same point but needs to establish longer base) $SPY @Suz's idea. Buy next week's calls.
- woodman: $HIMX - sideways into rising 50 day. Reports 5/12 before the open. Long into the report.
- artemon_520: $HIMX acting well in this tape. Might make a move today out of this tight squeeze.
- Aragorn: $HIMX after a nice pullback it has now found support at eh 50 and is moving back up. It was over extended now it will continue the move up to new 52 week highs is my guess in the near future
- captron: @Aragorn $HIMX Thanks for posting. This one had slipped off my radar.
- Aragorn: $HIMX recovering off the lows was up to 12.12 pre market
- Aragorn: $HIMX $LRCX 2 making a nice move today. HIMX involved in MSFT hololens on sale tomorrow
- tjv821: $himx time to get out??
- Aragorn: @tjv821 $himx hololens on sales tomorrow when they break it down to components HIMX will go higher. Just my toughts but do some DD on this and see if you come up with something similar. I am parroting someone else's work not mie
- Alexandra: $HIMX Hooray to whomever called this one out. 5.66% !!!!!!!!
- Aragorn: @Alexandra $HIMX Depends what day but I have been on it today good for you
- coldevinc: @Aragorn $HIMX Why did this spike?
- Aragorn: @coldevinc $HIMX VR is hot and they are a supplier to MSFT who has a product coming out tomorrow see my earlier post.
- Aragorn: $HIMX inside day and down hammer up setting up for a reversal strat day tomorrow but 21ema support here
- Aragorn: $HIMX - no position but I always am watching this is making new 52 week highs up 3.5% today
- Aragorn: $HIMX inside day and up continuing the move up 8ema solid support daily
- tjv821: $HIMX oops I guess I should have held
- Aragorn: @tjv821 $HIMX LOL well you have 8ema support daily low risk entry stop below 9.54 just saying. Sellers remorse? Gl whatever you decide but it looks solid still because of the support at 8ema it never broke that. 9.21 is the daily Par Sar but the 60 par sar is a short FWIW
- tjv821: $himx I need help time to get out??
- traderbren: @tjv821 $himx - very hard to top tick a stock, and no one (maybe once in a while are able to time it perfectly) so set a trailing stop and just get taken out when (if) the stock goes south. If you are wedded to the stock (which you shouldn't be), take half off now, and set a stop on the balance. Remember, it's about the "in-betweens" not catching the exact bottom or top for that matter, although we would all like to. Don't put yourself through the frustration of trying to time it, but rather relish in the fact that you can bank some dough when you can! Good luck.
- Aragorn: @tjv821 $HIMX - I lost my post I had to restart so this is abbreviated from my longer post I would take some off below yesterday's low if we get there and we are forming now an inside day so tomorrow it will be closer to a break to the downside ( inside day and down providing it stays inside today). If you have enough to take partial position off and you have nice profits that is what I would do and watch what happens tomorrow. I have been reading he posts and missed this totally as I was trading this at 6 bucks but lost interest. Good for you
- tjv821: $himx glad I sold at .56 today side stepped a pretty big pile tks for everyone insite today
|Stock Price||$USD 11.54|
Himax Technologies, Inc., designs, develops and markets semiconductors that are critical components of flat panel displays. Its main products are display drivers for large-sized TFT-LCD panels.Request Video of HIMX
Already a member? Sign in here.
- A look at Himax Technologies Inc. -- two potential buy points.By Dan December 4th, 2013
- February 15th, 2018 - 2017 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 5.52 90.64%
- $USD 6.98 31.18%
- $USD 43.06 27.67%
- $USD 24.16 -80.37%
- $USD 24.29 -32.83%
- $USD 16.65 -27.73%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 51,500 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (51,500) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!