Nektar Therapeutics (NASDAQ:NKTR)
Old Forum Content for NKTRMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- GOOSE: $NKTR Serious downdraft this morning. NP
- sierramp: @GOOSE $NKTR They are supposed to present preclinical data on two cancer drugs at the American Assoc for Cancer Research annual meeting this week. Maybe the presentation has already been held. Would sure like to see some fantastic positive results in cancer research for a change.
- GOOSE: Twice my list of trades disappeared, so suffice it to say, STO $GOOS 4/13/18 35.0 &35.5 CALLS, 4/20/18 36.5 CALLS, BTO $NKTR STOCK, STO $NKTR 4/13/18 99.0 CALLS COVERED @2.30.
- woodman: $NKTR - good day. It probably freaked and faked a lot of people out on Friday.
- woodman: $HUBS $SPLK $NFLX $GMED $SQ $NKTR $XBI $MU (MU - with stop below Friday's intraday low). - If "brave" enough to trust this Market, here are a few that look in decent, or potentially decent, spots.
- spmeyers: @woodman $HUBS $SPLK $NFLX $GMED $SQ $NKTR $XBI $MU I think I'll watch and see what happens when the "brave" guys jump out of the foxhole! :)
- woodman: @spmeyers $HUBS $SPLK $NFLX $GMED $SQ $NKTR $XBI $MU :-)
3. $NKTR – biotech strong…but this is dangerous here. Very extended with little base. Alert $113.
4. $TRHC – setting up for an entry. We buy at support…not resistance.
5. $SRPT – holding at $70.
6. $ATHM -- failed ...
- woodman: $NKTR $INCY - both down on bad data for INCY/MRK combo. NKTR is working on a drug that competes with INCY. https://thefly.com/landingPageNews.php?id=2709484&headline=NLNK;INCY;MRK;NKTR-NewLink-Genetics-plunges-after-competitor-IDO-drug-fails-in-trial
- fishing777: @woodman $NKTR $INCY ....If $NKTR holds the 50 ma is it a buy????
- woodman: @fishing777 $NKTR $INCY - Perhaps, but I'm not heartened by the $INCY data. If you are buying, put a stop under today's low.
- jagmiami: $NKTR a biotech stock showing impressive stability in the midst of all the volatility. Bought a 1/4 position $103.75 with a stop at $99. My plan, a probably better strategy, is to wait for a break-out above $110 to add.
- debeers: $NKTR.Sold 107 this am. Bought $CMA & $STLD. Leaving $PVH alone through earnings tomorrow night. $EL leaving alone. Sold $SEDG 12 cents off today's high. I need either faster fingers or a faster computer..$BA only adding on a shmeis otherwise leaving alone.
- champ: @debeers $EXP $PVH $SEDG $NKTR $BA ----$EXP great entry on Friday and this is still a low risk entry...for a hold position.
- debeers: $EXP-Bought $PVH-Bought $SEDG-Israeli solar.What's not to like? $NKTR-added a slivver $BA-added last week at 219 and change to existing
- debeers: @champ $EXP $PVH $SEDG $NKTR $BA-Well, nice to know your thoughts.
- champ: @debeers $EXP $PVH $SEDG $NKTR $BA ---- $EXP is a infrastructure play also (aggregate division). The $1.3T spending bill that was just approved...has large highway funding....like I said this zig-zagger is a hold position...upgrades with targets as high as $130
- debeers: $NKTR-FWIW-If 85-105 is a move, then the measured move suggests 125-6. Of course, I am an idiot, so you really should get a confirm from a chartie. In the meantime a stock with Bristol and Lilly backing has several ways to win. Schweet!
- debeers: $CMA bought this/sold $CMI 1st thing. Keeping everything else. Added to $EL on the drop. This isn't a lipsticked pig as ULTA occasionally is. Added to $NKTR.Left $VLO/$SPLK/$MU/Left the $SIVB alone because these 2 banks will get the biggest kick from the Fed hikes in my opinion. Boeing is a no touch(and by that I mean I don't touch except to add if its punished by the weak hands.. By the way, Bank of America made a bad margin call (they shoulda listened to DAN about buying on margin LOL). Minor hit to such a big bank but that's why you buy banks in the first place because, even though they might unintentionally get into trouble, they are not supposed to go looking for it (see Wells)$BA- took about 30 seconds this am to refill the bar cart. otherwise left it alone.
- debeers: $NKTR-The "nektar" of the gods still schweet as it has 3 ways to win and all are doing well.LONG
- debeers: $MU-Gets the Nomura kiss: 100 new target. $NKTR-gets added to the S&P 500 on March 19th. Every S&P fund has to go and buy it.
- debeers: $NKTR-more than 1 product and ALL doing well continues its march upward-schweet!
- sierramp: $NKTR ATH
- debeers: $MTN-Up 11.72 for the day $NKTR-up 7% $BA-a good news bad news day----Hawaiin Air is changing its 10 plane order from Airbus to Boeing that's the good news--the bad news is that the 3 KC-46's refueling tankers already ordered by the US Military need more testing.“This assessment is based on known risks and predicted impacts associated with airworthiness certifications and slower than expected flight test execution,” the Air Force said in a statement on Tuesday. They will be delivered by year end.
- justinp: @debeers $MTN $NKTR $BA I haven't looked at order numbers lately but the 787 keeps getting ordered by a range of carriers. Airbus A350 is the competitor but BA got the first move in this sector which is a gamechanger for long haul/efficient travel - why go through a hub when you can go direct? NP of course!
- debeers: $NKTR-Presenting at the Boston healthcare conf and down 10% from the high so i reloaded. $ULTA vs. $EL-Note to champ: Ulta isn't Estee Lauder. Hate ULTA/ Love Estee
- woodman: $NKTR @debeers - your NKTR has a deep pipeline, nice partnerships, decent array of TAs (cancer, auto-immune, pain management) and amazing chart. Not a bad combination. :-)
- debeers: @woodman $NKTR/$BA ---Now, if only Boeing could get that 100 plane order that the Emirates has up for grabs, that would be lovely and they are tilting $BA's way. You don't think it has anything to do with their negotiations with the NYSE do you for their IPO?Nah, that would be too cynical..........and yet.........I wouldn't put it past a certain President to help that process along.
- debeers: @woodman $NKTR -$NKTR-blind squirrel hit on the head with a nut.
debeers: $NKTR-DAN always says that when you poke your head out of the foxhole, you should know who's behind you.
Herewith, who's behind you (other than me) in $NKTR:
Sectoral Asset now owns 7,036,000 shares and A number of other institutional investors also ...
- grcjr: @debeers $NKTR - Good Morning. Re foxholes, I always want to see someone ahead of me. If there are no heads shot off, I'll follow.
- debeers: @CHOFF $NKTR --earnings were already. I posted the conf call notes.
- debeers: $NKTR-Approaches the stage and she is wearing a gold gown and looks remarkably like Sally Field and the first words out of her mouth from her film "Cancer, Lupus, & Opiods" is "You like me, you really really like me."
- debeers: @CHOFF $NKTR -Hope you caught some
- debeers: @GOOSE -$NKTR- Did you stay with me on this one. Oh, and for heaven's sake. Comb your hair, willya? Such a handsome face. Love, mommy
- GOOSE: @debeers $NKTR Unfortunately no Mom. I made some money, didn't want to give it back, sold, and didn't get back in. Thanks for the initial heads up. I owe you a steak, if you ever get to the "Oldest City". Have a great weekend. I like my hair curly and wild. ;>)
- debeers: $NKTR-After a rough couple of days---Y/O/Y 4th Q revenue expected was 93.92mm on the high end, average of 86.67mm/ low of 83.56mm. Co did an astounding 95.5MM surpassing even the high end because its research was so excellent it had no problem collecting milestone payments from Bristol and other pharmas. Will give the takeaways from the call.
- shoredriver: @debeers $NKTR thanks
- sierramp: @debeers $NKTR Wonderful! Thanks @debeers.
- optionswealth: @debeers $NKTR Numbers 214+5 then 219 plus 6
debeers: $NKTR from the call (gosh I wish i had Henry or Dr. Science or Gwennie leaning over my shoulder but here goes)
First let me explain why i liked the company to begin with: it had 2 unusual characteristics: first it had MONEY. I love Free Cash Flow wit ...
- cmaxwel1: @therealjpm $NKTR $GGG $OLLI $ROKU $TREE (Long $OLLI wait for it to come back down before you enter). Slow but does go lower and backup. Not a great buy point yet. Be patient.
- CHOFF: $NKTR - at resistance; watching for a breakout or at least a continued climb into earnings on 3/1.
SHORT FORM;Apparently Jeffries sees things the way I do: today they downgraded Alkermes which is Nektar's chief competitor.
Goose- I hope you're still in it and it will get a little wild before it reports next week but your mantra should be & ...
- spmeyers: @debeers $NKTR I'm long NKTR; should I care at all about holding over earnings?
- debeers: @spmeyers $NKTR - DAN says its risky to hold over earnings. I have this stock from a lot lower and it already had its haircut so I think it went to the barbershop already.
- therealjpm: Thinking of starting positions in $NKTR $GGG and $OLLI if it breaks $58.60. Also might be looking for a similar trade as $ROKU in $TREE. Let me know what you guys think. I'm new to this and they seem good to me but any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
- indigo1948: @therealjpm $NKTR $GGG $OLLI $ROKU $TREE I have a buy stop for $GGG at $45.50. I would wait to see $OLLI and $NKTR retrace somewhat nearer the 59 DMA.
9. $NKTR – still working. Not a good entry...but holding some now.
10. $AGIO – POTENTIAL breakout on short squeeze. Low float. Alert $80.
11. $RHT – should be selling into this now. Can’t ask for more here.
- Henry: @Wolf $CMG don't have either, but I'll be $NKTR goes up more today, percentage wise
- Robert1965: $NKTR did anyone add on at 82.50-82.75
- bwcarnation1: @Robert1965 $NKTR missed it
- Robert1965: @bwcarnation1 $NKTR same here, got only 47 shares partial fill,
- Henry: $NKTR partnering with $BMY for combo drug therapy for multiple cancers This could be a quick run back to 90, np
- debeers: $NKTR+ Goosie. Look 8.15% or 6.16. Mom
- DAN: $NKTR moving. Thanks for staying on this, team. 8-) --Dan
- sierramp: @DAN $NKTR $BMY to pay $NKTR $1.85B in collaboration deal on cancer therapy.
- DAN: @sierramp $NKTR $BMY Nice. Me likee!!!
- GOOSE: #STOCK SYMBOLS When posting, please put a dollar sign, ($), in front of your symbol, $NKTR, so a viewer can bring up a chart when they hover their cursor over the symbol, and please capitalize the symbol. Just a friendly reminder. ;>) GOOSE
- CHOFF: @GOOSE $NKTR #STOCK @Dan - it would also be incredible if that chart we hover over had BB's, and the 50ma, and 200ma. Any chance you can add those @Dan? I suspect most of us would appreciate having those indicators for perspective on what the chart is doing in relation to a member's comments.
- spmeyers: $NKTR nice move underway in this biotech
- champ: @CHOFF $NKTR #STOCK --- I'm with Schwab and all charts have them but you can't hover. What would be incredible would be if a alert would go off and say buy, buy, buy, and I would guess, that many would still not buy, until it was too late.
- gwenzee: @CHOFF $NKTR #STOCK You can learn a lot from a naked chart. So many charts that are used are so "mucked" up you can't see what the candles are telling you. Best to go naked on this Valentine's Day. Also, people interested in a particular stock or chart should take the time to do their own research, use their own indicators and make their own decisions.
- Junior1: @CHOFF $NKTR #STOCK If the hover chart looks compelling, simply type 5 strokes into your charting software...
- CHOFF: @CHOFF $NKTR #STOCK - the intent of the hover is a convenience when scanning the Forum. My point was to match most of Dan's videos that typically include those indicators. To each his/her own.
12. $NKTR – I would put a stop below $70 here.
13. $HQY – tested $55 today. Watch this level. If it closes above $55, the stock is likely to go much higher.
14. $BLUE – below average volume during consolidation, which I like.
- Bob E: @rachel $COTD $GRUB $SNAP $TWTR $SPX $DJI $MDY $IWM $NDX $XBI $IMGN $BLUE $PIRS $NKTR $EXEL $HQY $RHT $WB $ANET $IPGP $ISRG Good Morning, I have not received yesterday's strategy session in my mailbox. Was one sent out? Thanks
- GOOSE: $NKTR Hey Mom, I'm still sitting on the back of your $NKTR motorcycle.
- debeers: @GOOSE $NKTR -Ok but still remember to wear your helmet, 'kay?
6. $NKTR – Holding above $70...but note the decline. 30% in less than 2 weeks.
7. $EXEL – set alert
8. $HQY – breakout. Resistance at $55. But stock is up nicely after earnings last week. Post-earnings “drift.”
9. $ ...
- GOOSE: A COUPLE: $GOOS (Couldn't resist) STO 2/16/18 A.T.M., 30.0 PUTS @1.05 $NKTR STO 2/16/18 78.50 CALLS @1.75 Covered $UVXY BTC 2/9/18 17.0 CALLS @11.20 ;>( Will roll out next later today, or next week.
- Junior1: @GOOSE $GOOS $NKTR $UVXY The spreads on the $UVXY calls are huge! I had to roll out the Short 26.0's yesterday, which is working out, though they would have expired worthless. But then again, it was up at 29.5 today... so I'm sure I would have been sweating bullets.
- GOOSE: @Junior1 $GOOS $NKTR $UVXY Yah! , I saw your post yesterday. I learned a lesson today. I'm smarter for it. Hey Junior, have a safe and great weekend. GOOSE
- Junior1: @GOOSE $GOOS $NKTR $UVXY Hah, I just bought $UVXY @23.35 . Now covered calls
- mgoodw: @Junior1 $GOOS $NKTR $UVXY I bought UVXY 18 @ 6.95 calls Wednesday then it started dropping to $16, I freaked and sold to break even. Yesterday and today they were worth $12-$15 EACH! Kicking myself, but at least I didnt lose my dough (saying that to make myself feel better). I had some puts but they didnt seem to directly correlate for when UVXY was dropping but sold them for a profit.
- GOOSE: A COUPLE: $SVXY BTO STOCK @12.69 $SVXY STO 2/9/18 13.0 CALLS @.80 Covered $NKTR STO 2/9/28 83.0 CALL 1.10 Expires Friday Naked
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $NKTR BTO STOCK @74.85
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $NKTR STO 2/9/18 77.50 CALLS @1.50 Expires Friday
- Bob E: @GOOSE $SVXY $NKTR Did $SVXY really trade from a high of 107.19 yesterday down to 12.18 today and then not rebound? What is going on with $SVXY?
- GOOSE: A DAY TRADE: $NKTR BTO STOCK @86.15
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $NKTR BTO STOCK @85.50
- debeers: $NKTR-Who loves you, Goosie? Mommy does.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $NKTR STC STOCK @91.01 BTO this morning 85.50. It's now 93.0. A day trade. Thanks M'Lady DeBeers.
- GOOSE: $NKTR New all time high. Guess Mom knows . I'm long, that's the good news. I'm short the calls, that's the bad news. EDITED
- debeers: @GOOSE $NKTR -Mommy owns only 2 biotechs: $ABMD & $NKTR. $NKTR was blind squirrel finds nut. The second was from Gwenzee who actually knows what she's talking about. Thanks so much for picking up your clothes! And love your haircut.Mommy
- GOOSE: TRADE: $NKTR BTO STOCK @82.32 Added to my position.
- GOOSE: TRADES: $NKTR BTO STOCK 80.41 Lost my stake to assignment last week. Re-establishing position. Lady D's pick. (@DeBeers) Thanks again Mom.
- GOOSE: @infocus $INTC $UVXY $NTNX It was $NKTR DeBeers STOCK, NOT NTNX. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND. Sorry for the shouting.
- GOOSE: OPTION EXPIRATION, 1/26/18 $INTC 1/26/18 44.0 PUTS EXPIRED $UVXY 1/26/18 11.0 CALLS EXPIRED $NKTR 1/26/18 76.0 CALLS EXPIRED COVERED $NKTR 1/26/18 76.5 CALLS EXPIRED COVERED $NKTR 1/26/18 78.0 CALLS EXPIRED COVERED EDIT: OK, for the $NKTR, I mean assigned, not expired. A senior moment. My intention is to buy more stock Monday, and sell covered calls. Premium lMO is good. Next time they are ITM, I'll roll them out.
- GOOSE: $NKTR HOD
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $NKTR STO 1/26/18 77.50 PUTS @1.50 Expires in 3 days. I have some short calls that will probably be ASSIGNED AWAY Friday, so I want to reacquire the stock, unless I roll them out. Clank, clank, that's my mind working. ;>)
- GOOSE: $NKTR UP through VWAP.
debeers: $NKTR-Very Short form for you ADD guys: I want to be in a biotech that can give me multiple reasons for buying it and I want everything:
1. Unlike all the biotech experts here, I need to see the dough--show me the money--if you have a flo ...
- judysteiner: @Debeers..thanks so much for the info on $NKTR and all your good stuff
- GOOSE: TRADES: @Lady DeBeers BTO $NKTR STOCK @75.70 Can jump around. STO $$NKTR 1/26/18 76.0 CALLS @1.55 Decent premium for 3.5 days to expiration. @Lady DeBeers. Thanks Mom. I like this. ;>)
- GOOSE: A TRADE: Repeating myself. $NKTR STO 1/26/18 78.0 CALLS @1.35 Thanks again Mom.
- debeers: @GOOSE $NKTR -you're welcome, dahlink!
- debeers: $NKTR-How sweet it is. Supported in its research by the majors it has a finger in the genomic, rare disease, and research honeypots.A Winner. $WYNN-so here we are, amost at the day's close and whether in Boston, Las Vegas, Macau or Cotai, the big money likes what it sees as does the small money which is me.
- debeers: $NKTR-Bayer has terminated all licensing and contractual bonuses with the firm.
- spmeyers: $NKTR breakout watch
|Stock Price||$USD 48.73|
Nektar Therapeutics, Inc, is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a pipeline of drug candidates that utilize its PEGylation and polymer conjugate technology platforms, which are designed to improve the benefits of drugs for patients.Request Video of NKTR
Already a member? Sign in here.
- August 8th, 2018 - 2018 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 6.26 205.73%
- $USD 5.67 52.92%
- $USD 11.40 49.20%
- $USD 5.30 -58.99%
- $USD 7.41 -56.37%
- $USD 6.56 -42.66%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 56,700 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (56,700) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!