American Airlines Group Inc. (NASDAQ:AAL)
Old Forum Content for AALMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Bob G: @Mitchell $AAL $AMT $ASH $CBOE $FFIV $JBLU $LOW $LYFT $PAYC $PCTY $WHR Great update and really appreciated!
- Trudy Warren: @Mitchell $AAL $AMT $ASH $CBOE $FFIV $JBLU $LOW $LYFT $PAYC $PCTY $WHR Thank you for sharing your trading notes!
$AAL - the long-term downtrend remains intact after a failed test of the 40-week SMA. The next major level of support is at $25.
$AMT - there was an inverted hammer candlestick printed on the weekly chart. A close below the 40-week SMA would set up ...
- bRobert: $NSC reversal $205+ $CSX $80 c&h like $KSU flag $160 with trigger Extended Add with trigger Stop just below flag $UNP $180/$192 $CP $240 $IYT heading towards highs Trains,rail cars $GBX, $TRN planes ($UAL, $AAL ) auto $KMX $100 $LAD $170
- issues: @bRobert $DAL $HA $LUV $ALK added to $DAL (when I saw your post) and $UAL and $AAL today. Also holding $MESA & $SAVE. Started a position in IBD #1 in accumulation $LTM.
- bRobert: @issues $DAL $HA $LUV $ALK $UAL $AAL $MESA $SAVE $LTM #1 I have my eye on these $AZUL . $CPA . $GOL . Just watching. $UAL . has been a very reliable trade. Most are working well with many at top of range. $ALK $HA . $LUV .
- issues: @bRobert $JETS $LUV $HA $ALK $UAL $DAL $AL $AER Add $AAL
- bRobert: @issues $JETS $LUV $HA $ALK $UAL $DAL $AL $AER $AAL You can . It is flying higher with the group
$AAL - recently been trading in an ascending triangle pattern; now breaking out to the upside (also closed above the 200-day SMA). This could be the start of a longer-term move higher as it has been trending lower since the start of 2018. Earnings a ...
- Mitchell: 6/20/2019 Trading Notes $AAL - bearish engulfing candlestick printed today on the retest of the downtrend line on heavy volume. Earnings aren't expected until 7/24. $GE - shares have been consolidating over the last few months; now it finally closed above the $10.50 level. Earnings are due out on 7/18. $GLD - watch the gold ETF to see if it can close above $130 on a monthly basis. This would confirm a long-term major breakout that could setup for a measured move to $150. $WHR - shares have been on a tear since the May bottom, now seeing some sellers step in near the $140-$145 resistance area. Earnings are due out on 7/22.
- Trudy Warren: Thanks for sharing your notes!@Mitchell $AAL $GE $GLD $WHR
- DrScience: #Airlines strong even as oil is up 3% today, led by $AAL, up 5.4%, others $DAL $UAL $JBLU $LUV
- DrScience: #Airlines all bouncing from lows after $DAL reported traffic up 7% in May. We could get some V-shaped recoveries in $AAL and $LUV if other airlines report similar (or better) interim results and as the $BA 737 issue gets further down the runway . $DAL is back up to the 200 DMA, so action at this level will be somewhat telling.
$AAL - down almost $6 from the May highs, but shares are retesting the 2019 lows near $29
$GE - we never got the move above $10.50 that would've setup for the next leg higher. The stock is now breaking down below all key moving averages and won't h ...
$AAL - shares broke down below $32, now setting up for a continuation to $29-$30 in the coming weeks
$AAP - previously mentioned watching how it closed out the week, now consider a bullish position with a stop loss reference under $150 (upside pot ...
- DrScience: #Airlines some taking off, some landing. Others flying straight and level. Most up 1% or more, except British $RYAAY, and $HA could be rolling over. $JBLU trying to move above yesterday's high, about 12 cents away from the $19 target. Taking some off here. $ALK making a higher low after earnings and testing the 200 DMA. $UAL consolidating. Looking for the 50 DMA to begin rising to cross the 200 in the next few weeks. #CoveredCall candidate. $DAL in the 3rd day of a 3.3% VS after yesterday's ex-div. Alerts for a Breakout above 58.50, but CMF falling and MACD on a slow descent. $AAL wider VS at 5.5% and breakout above $35, but the 200 DMA overhead and 50 DMA below define the near-term range. Oops... forgot $LUV. Stock struggling to break out above the 200 DMA (again). Long JUN 55 Calls with 50 days to get to $58. Come on summer fun! 🤑🤑🤑
- traderbren: $BA - keep an eye on $BA in light of $AAL thinking planes will be back in the air come mid Aug.
- Reif99: @traderbren $BA $AAL That's pretty old news, AAL announced that last week
$AAL – worth watching…but still in jail. Alert $36
$MATX – covered on April 1.
$KEX – breaking out today.
$R – breaking out.
$NFLX – still not in an earnings run. Just flirting with it.
$EHTH – great p ...
- grcjr: $DAL $UAL $AAL $LUV more - $DAL earnings beat. Up in premarket. Others moving up also.
- CraigReynolds: @traderbren $UAL Yesterday on the CNBC noon report, $AAL and $UAL took up 10 minutes of positive conversation.
"Rounding out the U.S. tally, American Airlines ($AAL) has ordered 100, United Continental ($UAL) placed orders for 137 MAX jets, and Alaska Air ($ALK) plans to purchase 32 planes. The average order size by big customers -- with more than ...
- DrScience: #Airlines Most of the cohort ($LUV, $UAL, $ALK, $AAL) working on reversal of yesterday's moves to short-term support, and need to move/close above 8 EMA to break downward momentum. $RYAAY falling to the 50 DMA. Hard Brexit risk still part of the equation, but has the lowest cost in the EU markets. Stopped out of buy at $75, trying again here @ $72.65 with logical stop below.
- DrScience: #Airlines having issues again with groundings. $LUV, $AAL, $ALK leading to the downside.
- DrScience: #Airlines #TGIF $IYT Same song 10th verse. Could get better, but it's gonna get worse. It's taking two hands to count the down days since the stock topped at the 200 DMA. Next week, we may have to take off a sock! $ALK new 52-week low $HA testing $25 support $RYAAY fell out of the uptrend channel (and out of my portfolio). $AAL buyers appear to be nibbling the $32-level over the past two days. $LUV testing pre-earnings levels. $SAVE falling toward 200 DMA as target. $DAL holding altitude, but engine 1 failing (new short possibility on Monday) $UAL sinking below the 200 DMA
- DrScience: #Airlines are still descending. $IYT has finished lower 8 out of 9 days, and today looks to add another mark in the losses column. Looking to take some more off in $AAL, stops moved down to above $32.
$AAL & $JBLU – compare recent price action. These are working on bases...that will take quite a while.
SAVE – continuing its slide.
$NUGT – rebounding.
$AMZN – holding at 50-day MA. Was tempted to short...or bu ...
- DrScience: #Airlines Domestics continue to descend, seeking smoother air. $SAVE weighed down by new $DIS-themed "Dumbo" plane, but flapping its ears at $54 support. $ALK still sinking below Christmas levels, and $AAL following. $UAL, $DAL and $LUV trapped in 50/200 DMA no-man's-land. $HA waiting for next shoe to drop, add to short with stop above today's high. Outside the US: $RYAAY tracking the 8 EMA/upper Bollinger band. $VLRS the $LUV/$JBLU of Mexico climbing, up 65% from $5.30 support, while $CPA still acting poorly.
- DrScience: #MOC $30Mm to buy MOC (Transports ($IYT) getting a lift into the close.) Sold some $AAL 32 Puts @ 1.28 for 28% gain.
- DrScience: #Airlines presenting at JP Morgan Aviation, Transportation, Industrials Conference. $DAL the big mover to the upside after reaffirming FY19 EPS $6-$7 vs $6.51 estimate and saying they're on track for Q1 EPS and guidance. $HA is the biggest loser this morning, may be testing $25 -- the Christmas Eve support area. $AAL -- still short via APR 32 Puts rolled down from APR 36 Puts this morning.
$AAL – broken stock.
$SAVE – Off GSL.
$NDX – “inside day.” Resting above 200-day MA.
$DJSH – Still going. China rising…even though economy weakens. Market looking forward?
$VIPS – Sher&rsquo ...
- DrScience: #Airlines Weakness appears to be the watchword. $HA taking it hard on Deutsche Banks cut to sell. $UAL still clinging the 50 DMA, but momentum building to the downside from a volatility squeeze; 200 DMA support @ $83, and $80 is pre-earnings level. $ALK showing the way to heaven's basement, walking the Lower Bollinger band. $LUV retracing the Buffett rumor, and falling. $AAL, $DAL 50 DMA support and 200 DMA resistance.
- DrScience: $LUV Southwest altering course to a heading of South by East on the daily chart after underestimating the impact of January's manufactured Gubment shutdown. The entire cohort diving for cover. Looking overseas to $RYAAY for a little dip to the 8 EMA and another move higher, but for the time being, Short $AAL via MAR 36 Puts @ 1.23 (from yesterday thanks to @Bridget) for a landing on the 50 DMA.
- Reif99: Still looking for good shorts if anyone has any ideas. Currently short $OHI, $TEVA, $AAL, $URBN
- spmeyers: @Reif99 $OHI $TEVA $AAL $URBN I have several that I'm waiting to trigger with a down day; $TCS $LMNX-- I like to find a big selloff followed by weak-ish rebound; $XPO is another; btw I think OHI may be done going down
- bwcarnation1: $AAL and others doing well today
- DrScience: #Airlines $ALK $JBLU $AAL testing the 200 DMA from below. $LUV has broken through to the upside. $UAL still the best in a bad neighborhood, while $SKYW and $ALGT have yet to achieve takeoff speeds. $HA reports tomorrow.
- bwcarnation1: $AAL posted this a.m. expecting/hoping it gets to 200d..strong vol.
- DrScience: $ALK reports tonight, and is getting a lift by earnings beat at $AAL $LUV $JBLU. But, concerns about fuel prices, and seat and route addition issues are the next hurdles the airlines have to leap in Q1-2019. And, government shutdown pay issue could ground flights as threats of an Air Traffic Controller sick-out/walk-out -- whatever it's eventually called -- bubble below the surface.
- DrScience: $LUV $JBLU $AAL will report in the morning. Stocks are below the 200 DMA, with support about 25% lower, so I'll be watching for post-earnings short entries. With $DAL and $UAL having already reported revenue slowdowns, operating costs in the coming quarter will be the focus for any move other than lower.
- DrScience: $DAL first Delta, and now $AAL offering poor guidance in the airline space. $AAL down 10%, taking the rest of the fleet into a tailspin. $DAL reports on the 15th, so I'm expecting a dive into next week.
- Robert1965: $AAL up 4.0%
$DJUSRR – close to breaking below 200-day MA.
9. $R – nope.
10. $JBHT – diving.
$MDY – testing support…on high volume.
$IWM – still under distribution.
$NDX – stabilizing.
1. $SSP &nd ...
debeers: TECH SECTOR & TRANNIES---$AAPL/$NVDA/$AVGO/$FDX/$AAL-
LONG FORM-Within the S&P 500, the information technology (-3.5%), consumer discretionary (-3.1%), and industrial (-2.6%) sectors underperformed the broader market.
Apple's (AAPL 168.49, ...
$AAL -was started as Neutral and was assigned a $41 price target (versus $36.75 close) at Credit Suisse.
$AMH - was downgraded to Outperform from Strong Buy at Raymond James.
$AZN - was downgraded to Hold from Buy at Investec.
$BB - raised to ...
- issues: Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway's $BRKB latest 13-F filing, showed a bigger stake in Apple $AAPL and purchased the following: $BAC $GS $DAL $TRV $JPM $STNE $GM (really Warren?? GM?) $USB ORCL. He sold $PSX $WFC $CHTR $AAL $LUV $WMT $SNY Apple Is Now 26% Of The Portfolio https://www.investors.com/news/warren-buffett-stocks-berkshire-hathway-q3-13f/
- DAN: $DAL $UAL $AAL -- This morning a highly regarded airlines analyst made some really bullish calls on the big three airline stocks, calling for double digit gains between now and the end of the year -- one was for more than 20%. The stocks gapped up a ...
- issues: @gwenzee $MZOR $MDT $CHEF Thank you Gwen! I would like to make separate decisions on MDT and MZOR. I see MZOR stuck. I am considering a buy on MDT but not at this level. I held $AAL when it went through a merger ( a decade or so ago) and didn't like the way it turned out. It's easier for me to make them separate deals.
gwenzee: @issues $MZOR $MDT $CHEF $AAL Also found this info.
You are hereby notified that Levi & Korsinsky, LLP has commenced an investigation into the fairness of the sale of Mazor Robotics to Medtronic plc (MDT). Under the terms of the transaction, Maz ...
- shoredriver: @gwenzee $MZOR $MDT $CHEF $AAL $MDT......talk is that they def. stole it @ 58 and change.....my $ still on $ISRG and $TRXC ..... opposite ends of the spectrum.....
- gwenzee: @shoredriver $MZOR $MDT $CHEF $AAL $ISRG $TRXC Was "talking" with Issues. He was the one who had no idea what was happening with one of his holdings, MZOR. I have no position in any of these. Just trying to give some info to Issues.
- gilman23smm: @gwenzee $MZOR $MDT $CHEF $AAL $ISRG $TRXC I think it was a steal at $58.50. It was only a 10% premium and well below the recent high of $64, which was only two months ago. The $MZOR Board didn't do shareholders any favors.
- issues: @gwenzee $MZOR $MDT $CHEF $AAL $ISRG $TRXC And it's greatly appreciated Gwen! Thank you!
- gwenzee: @gilman23smm $MZOR $MDT $CHEF $AAL $ISRG $TRXC This should be addressed to issues. He is the one who owned the stock.
$AAL – you are either in, or watching.
$DAL – latest consolidation is too extended from July low. How much upside before profit taking.
$NDX – still in a range. This needs time.
$IYZ – strongest sector.
$CSCO – working ...
- Wolf: $AAL Short @ 41.75, stop @ 41.40
- Wolf: $AAL Consolidating above the 50DMA. Small position @ 39.
- bRobert: @champ $ALK #Airliner---- #Global-Transportations-Conference #new-presentation Many bullish charts in the $JETS universe.WEEKLY breakout $UAL $DAL nh. .$HA WEEKLY flag/breakout threat. $AAL nice base.
- champ: @bRobert $ALK $JETS $UAL $DAL $HA $AAL #Airliner---- #Global-Transportations-Conference #new-presentation.....but $ALK is the lagger.....and the main reason why I have a position. I'm out of the others for now.
- champ: @bRobert $ALK $JETS $UAL $DAL $HA $AAL #Airliner----- $MESA......this one also could work....I keep track on all the stocks in the sector.
- bRobert: @champ $ALK $JETS $UAL $DAL $HA $AAL #Airliner---- #Global-Transportations-Conference #new-presentation $HA lagger+ . Pullback. W forming, $49 target
- bRobert: $AAL double bottom and bounce >50d
- bRobert: $LUV . Watching for trigger c&h . Measured move target $66 $DAL . Reversal pattern Target $61 . $UAL . WEEKLY reversal pattern . Target $100+ . $AAL . double bottom . $AL . Watching for range breakout W . $50 target
- wijimmy: $JBLU,$ALK,$LUV,$AAL airlines reporting this week and all are down the past couple days going into earnings.....any one holding or buying...
- wijimmy: $AAL taking airlines down... $ALK looks like a nice entry level.. any thoughts
- wijimmy: @wijimmy $AAL $ALK ..$ALK reports 2Q on 7/26... looking to run up into earnings ?? should get a bounce due to -5% today.. ..started a position around $59.90 level
- DrScience: $DAL, reports tonight, up a buck and a half off the recent lows. Stock has been climbing all day since $AAL management lowered Q2 revenue estimates. Guess they're trying to take the industry down to new lows. Delta's luggage on-time report should provide investors with plenty of information, and hoping $AAL's note isn't a harbinger of things to come!!!
- DAN: Good morning. Nasdaq futures are up 34 this morning as we head into earnings week. Three big banks ($JPM, $WFC and $C) report on Friday. Delta Airlines ($DAL), after losing our luggage, finding it, and then returning our luggage 4 days after we ar ...
- DrScience: $AAL $DAL etc. Something going on in the airlines. Big volume spike on the 5-min chart.
- DrScience: $DAL $AAL $HA $ALK $LUV $SKYW, et al, liking the drop in crude oil. I like Delta, $DAL since the stock is popping from a volatility squeeze at the 50 DMA. BTO JUN 55 Calls @ 1.15
- DrScience: @traderbren $DAL Liking it, too, but chose the wrong horse. $AAL best performer RHRN, but the chart just looked less compelling.
- JonSeale: $AAL Is American's chart showing a head and shoulders pattern possibly? It was down yesterday when everything else was up big.
- Wolf: $AAL Sitting on the 200DMA. Would say it is low risk entry, but right now, I don't think that exists. Started a position @ 50.64 using 3/29 50.50 puts @.35 as a stop.
- issues: @elgie $ALK I was thinking about buying some air, as in airlines. I am comparing $ALK to $AAL $DAL $UAL and $SKYW. We hold SKYW.
- Phxlab: @issues $ALK $AAL $DAL $UAL $SKYW Once ALK and Virgin get the merger all figured out, I think the stock will move up nicely.
- Phxlab: @Phxlab $ALK $AAL $DAL $UAL $SKYW I went out to ALK 20 Jul for premium. 40/60 Bull put spread for 2.70. Looking for stock move up.
$AAL was raised to Outperform from Market Perform with a $62 price target (versus a $52.59 close) at Bernstein.
$AAPL was downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at BMO Capital Markets, based upon lower production expectations for the iPhone ...
- bRobert: $AAL 50d bounce
- bsafriet: @1winkie $AET $AKS $AAL $AAPL $ALLY $ALV $BIIB $EA $ESRX $FIT $FL $IMGN $MCD $MET $NGVC $NKE $PFE Thanks for the updates!
- ROSEY: @bsafriet $AET $AKS $AAL $AAPL $ALLY $ALV $BIIB $EA $ESRX $FIT $FL $IMGN $MCD $MET $NGVC $NKE $PFE DITTO. 8 )
- rck89: @grcjr $LUV $CAT Added small to my positions in $LUV. This is just too good a company not to add on dips! Gary Kelly was good on CNBC a short time ago. This is not $UAL or $AAL.
- grcjr: @rck89 $LUV $CAT $UAL $AAL ... $LUV also not $DAL I added a 1/4 position to $CAT and $LUV both profitable at this point.
- champ: @DragonFly $UAL @ $77.84 ..HOD ---- It never hurts to sell before earnings....but the reports are that $UAL, is going to beat... just like $DAL did....because the monthly traffic numbers have been climbing, on all the airline stocks. $DAL was the fir ...
- champ: $UAL over $80 now...still climbing...up $4.00 RHRN.. but zig-zagging ...if this keeps up, this stock could break-out to a new ATH tomorrow morning.....$3 billion in new share buybacks, they always guide on the ER call...but all looks positive. $AAL is also now climbing in the AH's...along with others....I posted about the sector turn in November and I posted my entry on $UAL, was on 10/10 at $57.50...around the low.
- CHOFF: @champ $UAL $AAL - very happy to have sold $AAL at $58 last week. More flights, more planes, higher profits, etc...I get it. On the downside, fuel costs are going up. I'm out. Other places I'd rather be even if it goes up. Psychologically, I really didn't like this stock. It regularly crushed earnings and then got punished after their ER. Drove me nuts.
- champ: @CHOFF $UAL $AAL --- I understand and that is exactly.. what your supposed to do, buy low and sell higher...nice. Looks like they are all dropping now because of guidance, from $UAL....its all about guidance....this is a big reversal.. in the AH's, from high to low. Its same-thing going on now...
- kprestonsharp: $AAL broke out last week, looked like it was going into phase 2, and has been stuck there. What's more likely at this stage? New range of consolidation or going to kick into phase 3?
- champ: @mopick $DAL ---- I have a position and a positive earnings report tomorrow from $UAL, could give it a kick...I have positions in $UAL $AAL and $JBLU also...and I believe all will slowly keep climbing. The sector is strong and has turned....however, ...
- bRobert: $AAL flag
- bRobert: $$AAL weekly breakout. Target $70+
- champ: $UAL up 5.2% --- $AAL 5.3% --- $DAL 5.5% --- $JBLU 4.5% ---- The Airline sector is# #BreakingOut...but the one with the largest price target is $UAL and that target is $130...its now at $76.50...thats a large spread of...$53
- traderbren: @champ $UAL - I like the bid in $AAL this morning
- champ: @traderbren $UAL $AAL $DAL....any one of these could work but $UAL is the top pick...sector rotations that I have taking about.
- champ: $UAL $AAL and $DAL ....still working... pick-out a Target in the sector...I'm holding all 3 of these...and $UAL is my largest position.
- bRobert: $JETS . Mentioned that the pullback was an opportunity. Undervalued. Somebody noticed. $UAL $AAL and several others . going higher.
- champ: $AAL @ $53.25 ---- Was also UpGraded this morning by Stifle and by $BAC../Merrill yesterday, to Buy from underperform. $$$$ our rotating into this sector..$JETS... and the predictions are 2018, will be strong for the sector because of the Economy.
- bRobert: @champ $AAL $BAC $JETS The charts precede the news. Usually does. Front load the upgrades. Again, not mom and pop buying pushing the sector up last few months
- DrScience: @bRobert $AAL $BAC $JETS Isn't it obvious that charts precede news since charts show past history? They do not, however, predict news. Instead, charts reflect and respond to investor sentiment. News changes an unknown to a known, investor sentiment is adjusted, and the chart reflects the news. Cause and effect -- can't be the other way around.
- bRobert: @DrScience $AAL $BAC $JETS Charts show the dynamics of buying and selling . as reflected in price action and volume to some extent. It shows what the crowd is doing. There is history and real time. If you look at long term charts , you more clea ...
- champ: @DrScience $AAL $BAC $JETS ---- I agree....and I wish I could communicate as good as you do. Your.. a excellent communicator and I will never get any better, I don't think. I'm just, not any good at posting. But I grade you, at the top of the list....4.5 or higher.
|Stock Price||$USD 10.22|
American Airlines Group Inc, through its subsidiaries, operates in the airline industry.Request Video of AAL
Already a member? Sign in here.
- April 24th, 2020 - 2020 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 59.68 -13.46%
- $USD 32.77 -28.85%
- $USD 24.50 -35.81%
- $USD 8.91 -80.81%
- $USD 22.25 -67.11%
- $USD 24.48 -64.93%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 69,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (69,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!