Applied Materials Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAT)
Old Forum Content for AMATMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- issues: Off IBD 50: $ADBE $AMAT $AMD $BMY $CBRE $CDW $DHI $EPRT $FNV $FISV $FTNT $GOOGL $GPN $HQY $ICHR $JBL $LULU $MA $MSFT $SRC $PLNT $STNE $TROW $TRU $UCTT $VEEV $WEX
- issues: @Herb The following stocks were taken off the IBD 50 and replaced with the ones below: $ADBE $AMAT $AMD $BMY $CBRE $CDW $DHI $EPRT $FNV $FISV $FTNT $GOOGL $GPN $HQY $ICHR $JBL $LULU $MA $MSFT $SRC $PLNT $STNE $TROW $TRU $UCTT $VEEV $WEX
- Herb: @issues $ADBE $AMAT $AMD $BMY $CBRE $CDW $DHI $EPRT $FNV $FISV $FTNT $GOOGL $GPN $HQY $ICHR $JBL $LULU $MA $MSFT $SRC $PLNT $STNE $TROW $TRU $UCTT $VEEV $WEX Thanks.
- ckonelli: @scottrades $CSCO & $AMAT both reporting after market correct?
- scottrades: @ckonelli $CSCO $AMAT Correct!
- woodman: @champ $LRCX - That said, you may want to look at $AMAT if you are looking at $LRCX. It's sitting on the 50 day and rising support drawn from June. Just saying....
- snowbound: @woodman $LRCX $AMAT ... $MU closing in on the 50DSMA . The chips have had a great run so consolidation is natural but the story hasn't changed . Noting steep decline , this could blow through the 50 to the downside on momentum .
- woodman: @snowbound $LRCX $AMAT $MU - I'm looking at whether earnings pops are holding up.
- snowbound: @woodman $LRCX $AMAT $MU Not sure $MU had an earnings pop but it did jump on an upgrade . Having reviewed the latest Strata-Session I'm sensing the admonition from our Grand Master to conspire more but "trade-less" . Interesting concept (grin) !
- woodman: @snowbound $LRCX $AMAT $MU - MU reported 12/18, so not due again until March (estimating). No jump today. More like tripped and fell.
- snowbound: @woodman $LRCX $AMAT $MU Its crouching into a spring position ; ^ ) ....
- debeers: @woodman $LRCX $AMAT $MU -holding my $CRUS but sold the$LRCX. When i owned $TER theearnings were great and then it disappeared in a cloud of smoke....
- woodman: @debeers $LRCX $AMAT $MU $CRUS $TER - yeah, I'm noticing that as well. $INTC is one that's mostly held up.
- woodman: $AMAT in a good spot on the 50d which also is rising support since June. $LRCX reports tomorrow. AMAT will move the direction of LRCX.
- debeers: @woodman $AMAT $LRCX -r u long either or both? Thanks
- woodman: $AMAT all time high.
- woodman: $LRCX $AMAT coming out of squeezes within uptrends. LRCX ath; AMAT right around there. LRCX reports 1/29. AMAT in February.
- woodman: @debeers $LRCX - LRCX reports on 1/29. I'm watching it for clues for $AMAT which I have.( I have AMAT simply because of timing; it was in a better spot on the chart at the time I was looking to buy one or the other).
- woodman: $AMAT $LRCX - very similar companies/stocks. Both squeezing within uptrend. LRCX reports 1/29. AMAT will move some along with it in the same direction.
- SteveD: @woodman $AMAT $LRCX looks like AMAT is moving toward b/o.
- SteveD: @SteveD $AMAT $LRCX Long thru .85.
- woodman: @SteveD $AMAT $LRCX - been in AMAT since early Nov. Late to that specific party, but not to #semiconductors generally. I've been holding a few for a while. Still holding AMAT.
- scottrades: $AMAT Bumping right up against resistance.
- BocaRick: @scottrades $AMAT just hit 52 week high at 63.18 watching to see if it hholds
- mradams0621: $AMAT @scottrades Thoughts on this for a swing please. RHRN entry?
- scottrades: @mradams0621 $AMAT Yea, looks good. Stop at LOD.
- mradams0621: @scottrades $AMAT Thanks. Glad I waited for your thoughts. Pulling back a bit for a better price entry.
- scottrades: @mradams0621 $AMAT Pulling back on low volume. Seems controlled. You'll want to make sure it holds 63
- scottrades: My #Swing notes: $SPY Above 328 AH $QQQ Up AH as well $GDX Mentioned the lack of conviction on this Friday, it played out today $DISH Top watch for tomorrow $XHB Creeping higher $PHM Squeezing. $LEN Squeezed. $IBP Tight Price action. Watch above 71.60 $STX Watch above 61 $BHE Almost higher than average volume. Pushing off the Middle BB. $SPWR Back above the 50 on Good Volume. Watch for a move above 8.60 $XLF Banks looking good. Watch $BAC, $AIG, $IVZ, $ETFC and $C $CSX Some rails performing well, this is one of em. $PINS Mentioned by @Dan. Watching this for a base or move up. $ON Top of the range, watch for a move above 25.30 $AMAT Alert at 62.85 $RCM Monster move. Posted by @Hemal
- mljbaer: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ $GDX $DISH $XHB $PHM $LEN $IBP $STX $BHE $SPWR $XLF $BAC $AIG $IVZ $ETFC $C $CSX $PINS $ON $AMAT $RCM #Swing Scott. I am in Calgary and yikes..yes we are all chilled. Dogs look outside and say ‘ no bloody way’ am I going for a walk. I skied Sunshine on Saturday, fantastic. Thanks for all of your Forum posts and videos. They are very helpful and appreciated. Best wishes from Calgary.
- scottrades: $AMAT getting an upgrade this morning. Watch for a slight gap up. BBands are starting to pinch here. Support at 61
- woodman: @debeers $LRCX - that's a heads up for $AMAT too. It moves on $LRCX earnings.
- debeers: @woodman $LRCX $AMAT -YUP.
- bRobert: @woodman $LRCX $AMAT $KLAC also
- scottrades: $AMAT trying to move above resistance.
- Henry: @Cokeman1959 $AMAT the 50 day is my vote. The stock is at resistance on the weekly chart. What do stocks do at resistance?1 1) They break out then fail 2) They break out, retest the breakout and then go higher 3) They bounce around resistance for much longer than we would like and then go higher or lower 4) They break out and run like a scalded dog.
- Cokeman1959: @Henry $AMAT looks like resistance on the daily too. Appreciate the response, thanks.
- Cokeman1959: @scottrades $AMAT are you in this now? Where would you put a stop?
- woodman: @issues $MU $XLNX $PLAB $COHU $ACMR $FORM $ENTG $TER $KLAC $VECO $KRTX - $PLAB was on my radar, but I decided not to buy it before earnings. It blasted off on earnings without me. Np. I looked at $ENTG and $FORM some time ago too, but also np in either one. I've had $TER and $TSM for a while. Great charts this year. Still in them. I also have $KLAC $IPHI and $AMAT (and $VECO as of last week).
- scottrades: $AMAT creeping back towards the highs. Alert at 61.45
$SMH Moving higher. ($AMAT, $DIOD, $TSM looking good.)
$AMD No trigger yet, but one to watch
$FORM, Squeezing, but low volume. We really want volume to push it higher.
$LECO Coming out of a #Squeeze on good volume.
$JBL Trying to move higher out of ...
- champ: @scottrades $SSO $QLD $CGC $APHA $HEXO $KIDS $YETI $SBUX $GDI $SMH $AMAT $DIOD $TSM $AMD $FORM $LECO $JBL $KBH #Squeeze --- Yes it is all about timing, timing-In and timing-Out. Took profits on $KIDS, today because news bounced this stock today, priced the public offering, tomorrow is a wait and see, unknown for now.
Ajax4Hire: @scottrades $SSO $QLD $CGC $APHA $HEXO $KIDS $YETI $SBUX $GDI $SMH $AMAT $DIOD $TSM $AMD $FORM $LECO $JBL $KBH #Squeeze
$YETI - designer, marketer, distributor of outdoor and recreation products.
YETI cups are so awesome and the coole ...
- CdrJake: $PING Into starter position , Bollinger Band early buy signal on $PING (1st big move on much higher volume after a double bottom), last Thursday, but waited for a correction back into Bollinger Band. That move on Thursday was right side of cup on a gap. Still long $AMAT, $PAYS, $AUDC, $APPS, $EPAM, $ESNT, $HD, $NDAQ, $PCTY. $NDAQ looking like it wants to go higher still, check out the weekly chart on a 3 year timeline, is long handle, or a long consolidation after a HASh bottom, neckline was around 92 1/2. Level to watch is 105.36 for break out. OBV confirmation.
- Herb: $AMAT earnings now. Spiking early
- baronp0329: Moving up 5% AH. Applied Materials Q4 Adj. EPS $0.8 Beats $0.76 Estimate, Sales $3.754B Beat $3.68B Estimate $AMAT pro.benzinga.com @benzinga
- Herb: @bRobert $AMD Would you consider $AMAT consolidation to be a valid flag, or is it not high enough? Contemplating a call debit spread.
- bRobert: @Herb $AMD $AMAT At Flag trigger Flag pullback from $57+ to $54- Nh = trigger > top of flag $61 target Same as high base target triggered > $53 Long calls
- mradams0621: #twitter $SNBR $AMAT @scottrades $SNBR squeeze starting. Still on your list or once tried, forgetaboutit? I'm still watching it. $AMAT almost got to the break out level today. Is this one on your short list for tomarrow? Lastly, I asked a while back if you could include a short segment in some future video on how and why you use twitter in your trading. I think many members could learn something from your comments. Or not. I'm sure curious if it serves some purpose I can't find when it comes to our trading. Thanks for all you do.
- scottrades: @mradams0621 $SNBR $AMAT Hi! I haven't forgotten about Sleep Number, it's just a little floppy right now so I haven't been involved in it. I could totally do a Twitter bit in a video in the future. There's a lot of great follows, but a lot of it can be noise as well. I like $AMAT here. You could have taken a starter today. Want to see it break 57.50.
- spmeyers: @scottrades $SNBR $AMAT AMAT earnings thursday after
- scottrades: Earnings Wednesday on $AMAT. Above resistance now.
- baronp0329: Some implied moves for #earnings next week: $WIX 7.9% $NVDA 7.4% $OSTK 16.3% $TLRY 15.3% $HUYA 10.6% $YY 8.2% $AAP 7.1% $CSCO 5.0% $NTAP 9.5% $WMT 4.2% $SINA 8.7% $JD 6.7% $SAGE 10.4% $CGC 11.6% $GOOS 13.7% $AMAT 5.1% $CBS 5.6% $TWOU 13.6% $ACB 10.4% $CRON 12.0%
- baronp0329: Some earning for the week of Nov 11-15 $NVDA $WMT $CRON $CGC $CSCO $ACB $OSTK $DHI $NEPT $TLRY $JD $FOLD $GOOS $TSN $AAP $SWKS $JCP $AMAT $LK $CBS $SE $NBEV $DXC $HUYA $TME $YY $CGEN $CTEK $QRTEA $HIIQ $DF $WIX $TWOU $BEP $KEM $NOG $NTAP $SAGE $WB $VIAB $ROK $RETA $GO $TDW $ERJ
- scottrades: My #Swing Notes: $SSO Good action today. Had a reason to fall (A Tweet or something) and it closed strong. $QLD Nice close at the top of the range. $GLD Continues Lower $SNBR Stopped out today. $AMAT A little choppy but holding the trend. Watch above 56.50 $COHU A little Flag forming. Watch above 20 $CURO Kind of a cup and Handle. Popped out of a squeeze. Watch above 15 $TILE High Base, but tightening up. $CRUS Alerted this one today. Watch for continuation next week. $CGC Biggest Bull volume we’ve had since May. Let’s see where this goes. Earnings Thursday $CRON Looks like it wants higher, but I don’t think it’ll get there in a straight line. Earnings Tuesday. $ACB Nice volume, and close near the High. Earnings Thursday $TLRY My least favorite stock. Could move higher, but remember the supply overhead. Earnings Tuesday.
- scottrades: My #Swing Notes: $SSO Resistance at the Top BB. $QLD Same, not getting aggressive here. $GLD Looks like it could squirt lower. $GDX Back to the bottom of the Channel $KL This is a little whippy, but holding above the 50 Day $SNBR Got that break out today, a little pull back but nice break on good volume. $NX Would like to see this go sideways, watch above 19.55. Weekly Looks good, but no trigger. $THO Close to resistance, good volume today. Watch for a pull back to the 8EMA $SAH In a tight range Watch above 33.50 $AMAT Alert at 56.50 $TER The Uptrend is in tact. Watch above 64.60 $ZUMZ Tightening up. $CROX Watch above 36.80 $FIVE Getting tighter. Holding right at the 50 Day $GFF Covered this a few times. Earnings Next Week.
- CraigReynolds: @Cokeman1959 $AMAT My bad, yes, you are correct.
- Cokeman1959: $AMAT - Possible entry if it holds the $53 level?
- CraigReynolds: @Cokeman1959 $AMAT Have been watching. It is in a 3-week drawdown. At this point in my mind, I have no idea when it hits a low hold.
- Pcdentist: @CraigReynolds $AMAT 3 day down
- Pcdentist: @Pcdentist $AMAT @ CraigReynolds $EBAY My. stop at 35.09 almost hit
- Cokeman1959: @CraigReynolds $AMAT I see a three day, but not a 3 week
- scottrades: Day 2 on $AMAT. Breaking out of a Weekly Base. Weekly chart attached.
- bRobert: @scottrades $AMAT $60+ high base target 1 Look for pb/bounces to add
- porter2524: @scottrades $AMAT Down 3.4 percent on heavy volume.
- porter2524: @porter2524 $AMAT Oops, wrong ticker--looking at $AMT
- scottrades: My notes for today: $SSO Moved Higher on increasing volume, this is good for the overall market. $QLD Nice move above, note the increase in volume. $GDX Pop and Drop, want to see this go sideways. $SEDG This was a very bullish move today and I missed it. Lesson learned. $C Love the weekly chart. Looking for a bull break next week. $LCI Half the float is short, looking for a move above 12.31 $COTY Watch above 12 $FLY Pulled back today. Support at 20.79 $AMAT Riding the Top BB, Looking for a move to 62 $ZUMZ Double Bottom at 32. That’s support. $SNBR Watch above 48 $CMPR Trying to Squeeze Higher, watch above 135 $TSM Still in a strong uptrend. $DIOD Weekly Resistance at 44.30 $HMC @bRobert posted about this, watch above 27.20 $FSS Flag pattern, EARNINGS next week.
- Reif99: News on $AMAT? Up 6% to new 52 week highs
- xjonez727: @Reif99 $AMAT Would love to hear someone's opinion on this chart.
- xjonez727: Does anyone follow and have an opinion on $AMAT up big today
- scottrades: @xjonez727 $AMAT Big move above a Daily base on volume. This is Short Term support, so you'd be risking $1.00
- phgruver: @xjonez727 $AMAT Craig-Hallum upgraded the company's stock from Hold to Buy.
- xjonez727: @scottrades $AMAT I am new to charting, what should I look for on this to identify a move higher? Thanks in advance
- scottrades: @xjonez727 $AMAT When Price is moving up and doing it on Higher Than Average volume, that signals a potential continued move higher. Hope that helps!
- Herb: $AMAT breaking out on volume. Not a CANSLIM stock if you look at the funnymentals. . . . .
- bigbartabs: @Herb $AMAT ... also $LRCX... AMAT is not currently in the $SMH top 10. LRCX is #10. Barely made it. No position... but I do watch $SMH and $SOXL close, since the sector I've done the best in. FWIW... good luck
- Max115: $AMAT @ scottrades you mentioned this the other day, your thoughts on this today?
- Cokeman1959: @Max115 $AMAT attempted move higher seems like it’s being rejected, at least for today.
- Max115: @Cokeman1959 $AMAT Tempted to dip my toes in ,maybe i should wait.
- scottrades: @Max115 $AMAT Looks like it needs to build more of a base. It's a little high and loose right now.
- scottrades: $AMAT Going sideways on the Weekly Chart. Watch above 52.70
$AMAT -- Featured on 9/11 “breakout.” Breakout failed...retreated to 50-day MA. Treat breakouts as early alerts that there is institutional demand for a stock. It’s a “add me to your list” stock. Then look for the l ...
- Bridget: Got into $AMAT with a bull call spread today on the break above 21dMA.
- Sluggo: $TER Safe semi bet like $AMAT and $LRCX but outperforming them. Added again.
- bRobert: @Sluggo $TER $AMAT $LRCX . $KLAC . too
- Sluggo: @bRobert $TER $AMAT $LRCX $KLAC Great to be in great company!
- debeers: @bRobert $TER $AMAT $LRCX $KLAC -Regarding $LRCX- the month started off rocky and cranky but, it will go out like a $LRCX--LAM RESEARCH. No matter what the chip, they all need wafers to make those chips. Also Taiwan Semi is firmly in the pocket of LAM I am also looking at adding @SLUGGO'S AIMT.
- bRobert: @debeers $TER $AMAT $LRCX $KLAC Peanuts
- Sluggo: @debeers $TER $AMAT $LRCX $KLAC Don't get cranky when I seem to dis one of your stocks, Luv! I know how protective you are of them. I was just comparing recent performance.
- Sluggo: $CCMP $ENTG Both of these are sitting on the 20d ready to be bought. They are in the semi area, but they supply the chemicals, etc, to do mfg. A little stronger than $AMAT and $LCRX because $CCMP and $ENTG supply the nitty gritties to put it in layman's terms.
- bRobert: $AMAT c&h $59+
$AMAT - Breakout.
$LSCC -- squeezing.
$FTNT -- “when is it a buy?” Not now.
- Bridget: $AMAT phase 1 breakout, watch for pullback to get in for the bigger move.
- bRobert: @Bridget $AMAT Chip tools ..... chippy $KLAC $LRCX $AMAT WEEKLY has room to run towards $60
- Bridget: $AMAT is in a nice tight squeeze here above the rising 50dMA. Watching to see a pop on volume.
- ATX17: @Robert1965 $MU Watching $AMD $AMAT $NVDA if they follow suit. Not sure of any news.
- grcjr: @ATX17 $MU $AMD $AMAT $NVDA - I do not see any news. I do see a LOT of volume.
- ATX17: @grcjr $MU $AMD $AMAT $NVDA Agree. After the MU dip the rest made a run up.
- bRobert: @riskmanager $AMAT Longer term hold $60 WEEKLY target 1
|Stock Price||$USD 61.00|
Applied Materials, Inc. provides manufacturing equipment, services and software to the global semiconductor, flat panel display, solar photovoltaic and related industries.Request Video of AMAT
Already a member? Sign in here.
- August 13th, 2020 - 2020 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 56.49 490.16%
- $USD 85.15 43.07%
- $USD 6.79 23.09%
- $USD 60.65 -17.27%
- $USD 45.21 -15.73%
- $USD 14.87 -15.71%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 71,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (71,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!