Alpha Metallurgical Resources Inc. (NYSE:AMR)
Old Forum Content for AMRMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- woodman: @champ $XOP $XLE $OIH $XME $TECK $Teck $OXY #Coal #chasing - I bought (chased?) $OIH and also bought $TECK this morning. I'm still holding $XOP $XME $SM $SD $SWN $VLO $PBF $AMR $HNRG. (Spread over various accounts.)
- woodman: @champ $XOP $XLE $OIH $XME $TECK $Teck $OXY $SM $SD $SWN $VLO $PBF $AMR $HNRG #Coal #chasing - VanEck Oil Services ETF (OIH®) seeks to replicate as closely as possible, before fees and expenses, the price and yield performance of the MVIS® US Listed Oil Services 25 Index (MVOIHTR), which is intended to track the overall performance of U.S.-listed companies involved in oil services to the upstream oil sector, which include oil equipment, oil services, or oil drilling. This ETF is designed to track the largest 25 U.S.-listed oil service companies.
- champ: #Correction @woodman $XOP $XLE $OIH $XME $TECK $Teck $OXY $SM $SD $SWN $VLO $PBF $AMR $HNRG #Coal #chasing.....$OIH.....is almost the same as $XLE....see their holdings.
- phgruver: @champ $XOP $XLE $OIH $XME $TECK $Teck $OXY $SM $SD $SWN $VLO $PBF $AMR $HNRG #Correction #Coal #chasing Y'all are arguing over the same thing from 2 different sources. VanEck and State Street Global Advisors offer their own versions of, essentially, the same investment. One isn't significantly better/different from the other, so either will produce much the same results. I faced a similar dilemma when I began to feel $QQQ was getting too expensive, so I switched to $XLK. I got a lower price point with substantially the same underlying investment.
- champ: @phgruver $XOP $XLE $OIH $XME $TECK $Teck $OXY $SM $SD $SWN $VLO $PBF $AMR $HNRG $QQQ $XLK #Correction #Coal #chasing.....For me I always Need #positive-reasons to hold, any stock positions or ETF's....I always post #my reasons Why....others can also post their reasons Why..... This is what is going on...... and thats #Exactly-Why we are all here,...is to see #other Forum members reasons Why. LOL
- majida_perveen: @Scottrades coal stocks are on fire. Does any of them look actionable? $BTU $ARCH $AMR $CEIX
- scottrades: @majida_perveen $BTU $ARCH $AMR $CEIX These all look a bit extended at the moment.
- majida_perveen: @scottrades $BTU $ARCH $AMR $CEIX How about $METC or $HCC close to 8EMA, do they look actionable?
- scottrades: @majida_perveen $BTU $ARCH $AMR $CEIX $METC $HCC Ask @Dan in the live webinar!
- woodman: #Coal - $ARLP has moved up through the top of its lengthy rising channel. Highest high since late 2016 (testing that old resistance level now, but that was a long time ago). $AMR nice pop to a recent high on a path to test its all time high in May/June. $ARCH similarly. $HNRG similarly and has been on a clear uptrend with 50d support (though sometimes mess/large pullbacks to the 50d). $CEIX continues to make higher highs.
- woodman: #Coal stocks breaking out above some resistance areas or taking a run at them this morning. $AMR (I'm in this one) $HCC $BTU $ARCH (continuing a run off the bottom). Some others are continuing a longer term upward path. $ARLP $HNRG $CEIX
- scottrades: Some Earnings to be aware of this week: $PLTR $UPST $DIS $NCLH $BNTX $COIN $GOLD $TSN $NVAX $RBLX $TTD $VERU $PLUG $MNDY $AMR $RIVN $MARA $D $APPS $BRK.B $VTRS $U $SAVE $TTWO $WISH $KOS $PRTY $CLOV $ENR $CLVS $SOHU $LMND $RL $BLNK $CELH $HGV $EVGO $CRON $SNDL $DOCN
- hawk327: @DAN $SPY $DIA $QQQ $FFTY $XLE $XOP $OIH $APA $ARCH $CEIX $AMR $METC $EGY $VET $VTNR Long time member here. Thank you, really enjoy the "extra commentary". Really appreciate the honest analysis. Please do more. Being a veteran, what those guys use to say, you're never going to offend me and if you some how do I'll get over it. Have been in cash, including long term retirement accounts since @SPY dropped below 50 dma in Jan. Great work from you and your team.
- Gmo: @DAN $SPY $DIA $QQQ $FFTY $XLE $XOP $OIH $APA $ARCH $CEIX $AMR $METC $EGY $VET $VTNR Completely agree with your comments! Rant on!
$AMR -- watch this. Might become something.
$METC -- Good base forming. 7 months.
$EGY -- Watch. Not a good setup.
$VET -- Canadian. Watch.
28 minutes is the end!! After that, you must watch at your own risk.
- Doug1: @DAN $SPY $DIA $QQQ $FFTY $XLE $XOP $OIH $APA $ARCH $CEIX $AMR $METC $EGY $VET $VTNR I don't see the video. Hopefully it is just late in getting posted! Thanks
- gmj: @DAN $SPY $DIA $QQQ $FFTY $XLE $XOP $OIH $APA $ARCH $CEIX $AMR $METC $EGY $VET $VTNR Also, unable to find video, aware you were having problems earlier, trust all is well
- Susan: @DAN $SPY $DIA $QQQ $FFTY $XLE $XOP $OIH $APA $ARCH $CEIX $AMR $METC $EGY $VET $VTNR I want not only the last 28 minutes but the first 28! Is there an issue with my computer or is it our web site?
- scottrades: @mperveen2012 I'll likely want to wait till the close to make any decisions. Want to see if this bounce is real. I will say $AMR looks actionable here.
- mperveen2012: @scottrades $AMR Doesn't it feel like 184 is resistance?
- scottrades: @mperveen2012 $AMR Daily trend is ok. Support at the 21 EMA.
$AMR Daily Trend is ok
$NOC New High
$AIR Mentioned in the forum
$RTX At the 50 Day
$LMT Pick up in volume.
$STLD Flag at the 50 Day
$TMST Breaking out
- woodman: #Coal - Some coal stocks that are interesting. As @scottrades mentioned about $ARCH, it could be good here if it holds ~149. Need a protective stop just in case. Others of interest: $BTU consolidating at the 50d/bounce off 20w. $HCC similar but just below the 50d, moving back up through 20w. $AMR $CEIX $ARLP are in an uptrend, but not moving wildly which makes them more palatable (to me anyway). $HNRG breakout out.
- Cjauger: @scottrades thoughts on $AMR?
- scottrades: @Cjauger $AMR Inside day, holding the 21 EMA. I'd want to see if hold yesterdays low.
- mperveen2012: @scottrades Is $AMR buyable today?
- scottrades: @mperveen2012 $AMR I'd wait to see if you can get it closer to the 8EMA.
- mperveen2012: @scottrades What do you think about $HALO? Also, between $ARCH & $AMR which is better now to buy?
- ProfMike1: @mperveen2012 $HALO $ARCH $AMR $Halo is extended. Can't buy here.
- scottrades: @mperveen2012 $HALO $ARCH $AMR I think that HALO is working fine but a bit extended above support so, you'd want to go smaller. You could also consider a ETF that would help with any single stock Biotech risk. If I had to choose, I like $ARCH because it's closer to the 21EMA and the 50 Day so you can easily define risk.
- natural: @vcondry @scottrades Only 12 of the IBD50 showing above average volume. Only $AMR and $WWE showing real volume.
- vcondry: @natural $AMR $WWE thanks for the confirmation. ugh $AMR...i played that so wrong...live and learn.
- scottrades: My notes.. $SPY Sellers out of Gas or just taking a pit stop? $QQQ Lowest Volume since April $IWM Back above the 21 EMA $DIA Same $GLD Holding the 200 Day $UUP Still above the 50 Day $XLE Extended $TAN Trying to get back above the 50 Day. $BOAT Sailing to new highs $GBTC Bounce. $AAPL Bullish Engulfing, but will it be enough? $NVDAGreat volume and earnings reaction. $USO Breaking out of a base $AR Took paritals today, nice work team! $DVN Know your time frame. $PBT Stagger stops $MRO Extended $RRC Nice pop off the 50 Day $CVX Working $COP Extended $OLN C&H $AMR Great volume $ARCH Great volume $ARLP Inside Day $GOGL Nice move out of a flag $EGLE Holding the 8EMA $ZIM Rising Wedge or handle? $LLY Working $MCK Trending. $SEDG Still under the MAs $ENPH Right at the 200 Day $JKS This is how I want the other 2 to look.
- wanda1616: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ $IWM $DIA $GLD $UUP $XLE $TAN $BOAT $GBTC $AAPL $NVDAGreat $USO $AR $DVN $PBT $MRO $RRC $CVX $COP $OLN $AMR $ARCH $ARLP $GOGL $EGLE $ZIM $LLY $MCK $SEDG $ENPH $JKS great video thank you. had bought $MCK earlier today. $SLB breaking out also.....still holding $AAPL since big hammer, added more today. ready to bail on it all. also a tiny bit of DIS and BA to see if they can dead cat a bit.
- ProfMike1: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ $IWM $DIA $GLD $UUP $XLE $TAN $BOAT $GBTC $AAPL $NVDAGreat $USO $AR $DVN $PBT $MRO $RRC $CVX $COP $OLN $AMR $ARCH $ARLP $GOGL $EGLE $ZIM $LLY $MCK $SEDG $ENPH $JKS Not sure if there is any prognostication value, but there is a fractal C&H pattern from 5/4 through today within the months long C&H for $OLN
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Trying to find a floor $QQQ Looking for a trend change $UUP Coming into the 50 Day zone $GLD Slowly creeping up $TLT Watch the underside of the 50 Day $XOP Check out the slope $OIH Above the 50 Day $ARKK Not ready yet $GBTC New Crypto framework gets submitted June 7th $AR No complaints $SU Working $XOM Trending $CVE Same $SHEL Also good. $DVN Flag $MRO Watch 28.75 $COP Working $SD Working $ARLP Black Gold $AMR Inside Day $BTU Back above the 50 Day $CEIX Going sideways $PBT Stagger stops $SBLK Earnings tonight $EGLE Above the slope $GOGL Stagger stops $ZIM Above the 50 Day
bilipi: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ $UUP $GLD $TLT $XOP $OIH $ARKK $GBTC $AR $SU $XOM $CVE $SHEL $DVN $MRO $COP $SD $ARLP $AMR $BTU $CEIX $PBT $SBLK $EGLE $GOGL $ZIM ...
... Swooshes , Spikes and Swings ( oh my ! ) .... scary stuff !
For anyone watching , Scott ...
- joelsg1: $AMR Short report out today, CEO sold 40% 2 months ago at lower price in just filed Form 4. Np.
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY The bounce is on (for now) $QQQ Look out Above! $UUP Dollar Down, Equities Up $GLD Down $GBTC Crypto up a bit $DBC A slow mover, but going in the right direction $WEAT On Dan’s ATL $XLE Will this Peak with Peak Inflation? $SMH Bouncing $ARKK Building a small base. $ARKG Same $JETS Messy pattern $XLP Near the 50 Day $AAPL Right at the 8EMA $AMZN Above the 8EMA $TSLA Right at resistance. $AMD Though the 50 Day on Volume $AVGO ON the ATL $NVDA Above the 8EMA $ON Above the 50 Day $BMY Working $LLY ON the ATL $SU Working $DVN Extended $CVE Same $OXY Move up your swing stops $AMR Nice volume off the 50 Day $KO Curling $COST Trying to firm up. Earnings next week $AEP Utilities stock $AIZ Holding the 50 Day
- scottrades: My notes: $UUP All you need to know right now. $SPY/$QQQ/$DIA Fresh Lows $GLD Around the 200 Day $XOP Rejected at the 50 Day $XLE Choppy $DBC Above the 50 Day $GBTC Bitcoin is correlated to the S&P Tick for Tick. Crypto Winter is here. $AAPL New Low $TSLA High volume selling $NVDA Still in a downtrend. $SU Watch 38 $AMR Near the highs $CF Around the 50 Day $STNG Still in an uptrend $CVE Watch 20 $HSY Watch the slope
- scottrades: $AMR Coal stock, holding up well. Earnings Thursday
- MongosPawn: $AMR Currently +9% today.
- scottrades: @lew Great volume today! $AMR also looking strong as well as $BTU and $CEIX
- woodman: #Coal is burning hot. I'm in $BTU and $ARCH but others working too: $HNRG $AMR $CEIX $METC $SXC. Many are looking extended or hitting potential resistance areas now so beware of a pullback.
- snowbound: @woodman $BTU $ARCH $HNRG $AMR $CEIX $METC $SXC #Coal $HCC $BTU - ers watch the 34.63 area R1 overhead . That's 7 % if Mr. Peabody's coal train will yield it . ... where we'd shoot with our pistols ... ( Prine )
$MPC -- Up about 10%. Leaving the stop at $79.
$AAPL -- Stopped out at $166 for an $8 profit. This is now very choppy. No regrets about exiting the position.
$JNPR -- Stopped out on Monday at $34.80. We lost 14 cents. The ...
- scottrades: Coal stocks moving here. $ARCH $HCC $AMR
- nathan09: @scottrades $ARCH $HCC $AMR Interesting to note $TECK has coal exposure as well ("steel making coal")
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Still choppy around the 50 Day $QQQ Still under the 50 Day $GDX Working $UUP Sharp move down today $XME New High $XLE / $OIH Working $IGV Inverse H&S? $TAN Close to the 50 Day $GBTC Nice Bounce. $AAPL / $TSLA / $AMZN Lower High $NEM Working $GOLD At resistance $GFI See the slope? $FCX Better today $CLF Back above the 8EMA $ARCH Black Gold $AMR Great volume $HCC Closed off the highs, but great volume $BTU New High $TECK Closed at a New High $ATI Right at resistance $DVN Working $OXY Goins sideways $SU Watch 34.20 $PANW Flag $FTNT Flag $NET Watch the 200 Day $CRWD Above the 200 Day
- Mounty: $AMR has broken out
- scottrades: @Mounty $AMR Great daily volume Mounty.
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Choppy around the 50 Day $QQQ Nothing good happens under the 50 Day $GDX Resistance near the highs $UUP New high. $XME Watch 63.86 $XLE Watch 80 $XLP Extended $XLU Watch for a backtest of the upper trendline $QID Eek! Above all the MAs $GBTC Lower low. $AAPL / $TSLA / $NVDA / $MSFT - Leaders not leading. $NEM In an uptrend. $GOLD Resistance near the highs $ARCH Great volume $AMR Massive volume $HCC Along the 8/21 EMA $BTU Near the highs $FCX Not yet. $VALE Low volume pullback $BHP Flag $CF Near the highs $MOS Watch for a Pullback $ICL Slope $DVN Sellers near the highs $OXY Small here $CUBE Small base. $NSA Small base. $RTX Small here as well.
$AMR -- good setup and squeeze. Too early here. Alert $112 (sell). Alert: 137 (buy)
$SMPL -- Active Trade List. 9x9
$CENX -- still tightening. Alerts need to be set.
$SGML -- canadian lithium. Earnings on Monday. This is a rocketship.
While we are seeing a ton of Tech stocks bounce, I don’t want to lose sight of some of the commodity stocks. Coal stocks like $BTU and $AMR are still in a nice uptrend. #$XLE and $OIH Stocks are the same. Materials like $TECK $FCX $SCCO are st ...
- scottrades: My notes: COTD: Time for a little $TAN? $SPY +460 $QQQ Above the 200 SMA $GLD Holding the 50 Day $GDX Upside reversal IGV Breaking out of a shelf $SMH High above the MAs $XLP High above the MAs #Crypto BTC Breaking out of an accumulation zone. Needs a rest. $AAPL 11 Days Up $MSFT Mr. Softee is working $NVDA Watch for the PB $AVGO Working $SQ Watch the 200 Day $JNPR Working great $AMR Close to the highs. Watch 134. $CPE Firming up. $REGN Above resistance $JBHT Holding the 21 EMA $MATX In trend, good volume today $GWW Watch for a handle and 528 $SEDG Flat Base. Wath 341.20 $RUN Moving on volume, look for a PB $SPWR Clear pivot. Watch 22 $COIN Working $SI Working $HUT Sold some today but still in trend. $RIOT Looks like it could consolidate
$AMR $ARCH -- both trending nicely.
$BTU -- Moving higher off the key moving averages.
$CEIX -- I don't think this is really tradable these days -- it's pretty choppy and epitomizes the type of chart that really doesn't give you much useful informat ...
- Rick_O: @DAN $ARLP $AMR $ARCH $BTU $CEIX @Dan: Good morning-hope you're feeling much better today!
$AMR -- good continuation.
$ARCH -- both trending nicely.
$BTU -- Moving higher off the key moving averages.
$CEIX -- I don't think this is really tradable these days -- it's pretty choppy and epitomizes the type of chart that really doesn't give yo ...
DAN: Good morning. I'm looking at some of the metal stocks today and I want to add one or two,...or a few, to the active trade list.
$AA -- trying like heck to break out of a multi week channel that started in December, but it's still just at the top of ...
- woodman: @DAN $AA $BTU $CEIX $AMR $CENX - I gave $CENX a hard look yesterday, but decided to wait to see how it looks today. Still like it here.
$AMR -- Another coal stock that’s breaking out. But here’s the issue: buying a stock as it breaks out of a wide channel (like $AA) runs a risk of turning the buy into a losing trade simply because you don’t have any profit headroo ...
- Pokersmith: Take a look at $AMR...in a buy zone, 99 RS rating
- Pokersmith: @StockMarketMentor $CEIX prefer $AMR 🤷♂️
- 1993dean: Scott thoughts on $AMR
- scottrades: @1993dean $AMR Low Daily volume but making a new Weekly High. Watch that 37 Zone for resistance. Moving with commodities.
Alpha Metallurgical Resources Inc is a Tennessee-based coal mining company with operations across Virginia and West Virginia. The company's portfolio of mining operations consists of underground mines, surface mines and coal preparation plants. It produces low-ash metallurgical coal, including High-Vol. A, Mid-Vol., High-Vol. B, and Low-Vol. coal, which is shipped to domestic and international coke and steel producers. The reportable segments of the company are Met and CAPP - Thermal, of which key revenue is derived from the Met segment. It extracts, processes and markets met and thermal coal from deep and surface mines for sale to steel and coke producers, industrial customers, and electric utilities.Request Video of AMR
Already a member? Sign in here.
- March 6th, 2023 - 2022 Q4 Earnings
- $6.92 40.84%
- $25.75 27.04%
- $8.34 25.85%
- $8.70 -121.08%
- $6.46 -3.50%
- $11.44 1.50%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 89,900 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (89,900) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!