Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
Old Forum Content for AMZNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Auto: $ZM $AMZN moving added
- Bwhitty: $AMZN price action feels tight. Keep looking over and it says up a dollar down a dollar which is strange for a 3000 stock. Looking to make a move.
- Bert953: @Bwhitty $AMZN not performing well here to me. Closed my Jul 31 3065/3170C at a (relatively) small loss this morning because of the weak price action ahead of Thursdays earnings. She looks tired and perhaps expectations are too high going into earnings. Im staying away until after earnings.
- zman: @Bert953 $AMZN agree totally, closing out until after earnings as well.
- lostsheep: @ScottT $TSLA FAANGT catching a bid With $AAPL $AMZN $FB reporting by weeks end the market can levitate
$AMZN - Same issue. Big run...how much higher?
$FB -- Solid ceiling and weak now. Pick ‘em.
$TSLA -- waiting for S&P 500 listing?
$XHB -- Allow the stocks to move.
$CRON -- squirting out. Not my trade..but tis works really well. Likel ...
- Henry: $AMZN Wedbush raises pt to $3500
- martyrb3: @Henry $AMZN Telsey raises to $3600 now.
- Firemedic: $AMZN took some at $ 3063. VWAP retest on a short leash
- joelsg1: @Firemedic $AMZN 3000-3300 August 21 call spreads; plan to sell 1/2 before earnings Thursday
- champ: $AMZN, @ $3,015, is a nice swing-price, for a position. Looks to be just zig-zagging today, with the markets,.......and #CopyCats-traders... are at work, for sure.
- Angdionk: $AMZN starting to move
- Scotjoynt: @DAN $DPZ $SPX $DJI $DJT $NDX $GLD $GOLD $FNV $CLOU $CRM $MSFT $AUDC $CIEN $AAPL $XRT $OLLI $LULU $FIVE $CMG $AMZN $RH $SMH $INTC $TSM $SWKS $IPHI Hi Dan, when you mention you personally buy some of these for your pension/long term, do you put stops on those also to protect those funds to some extent? I have been but got stopped out some planned long term holds in tech when some dropped Friday AM open, so too tight.
- scottrades: Some #Earnings to he aware of this week: $AMZN $AAPL $AMD $FB $SHOP $BA $PFE $MCD $UPS $MMM $PYPL $HAS $GE $SPOT $V $APHA $EBAY $MA $SBUX $RTX $AZN $F $SAP $QCOM $CNC $MO $XOM $PG $ABBV $GOOG $TDOC $RPM $GILD $NOW $KHC $DXCM $BUD $CLF $PINS $ANTM $WING
- Bwhitty: $AMZN $MSFT $AAPL Popping back above their open print.
- Bert953: @Bwhitty $MSFT $AAPL bounced off 50dMA, but $AMZN bouncing off no real support level so is more suspect. Im not trading ahead of the weekend today, only using paper account & I wont even open my trading account today. Thats called sitting on my hands (hope I dont need to pass wind - LOL)
- Bwhitty: @Bert953 $MSFT $AAPL $AMZN Won't claim to know why but I have noticed that $AMZN makes lines in the middle of nowhere.
- traderbren: $AMZN -- looking to reclaim the 20 dma
- bla00109: @traderbren $AMZN -- 20D has been support since late March.
- bla00109: $AMZN Added small, stop 2880 (4%).
$AMZN -- Bulls made a stand at 2,900. Earnings next week. Probably going higher between now and then.
$AZO $ORLY -- Drifting higher.
$DG -- Looks a lot like $OLLI
$FIVE -- holding above $105 and looking pretty solid.
(Several stocks have run too ...
- DAN: $AMZN -- Though I am not trading it, I am looking for $AMZN to get pinned at 3,000 today. Highest volume on options is 3,000 strike -- by far. Open interest on 3000 calls is 2,145. Volume today is more than 4 times that number (9,436). I could be wrong. Stock is now at 3,011. Just sayin' Dan
- ckonelli: $AMZN - Dan thanks for always giving us pearls
- Bert953: @DAN $AMZN bought 2 Jul 31 2990/3100C this morn (Paper acct). Sold 1 and added Jul 24 2930/2925P. Its wonderful when this anaconda is on your team, but when he turns on you its a pain-filled experience. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljuLPsRfcbo
- DAN: @Bert953 $AMZN It can be very painful. That anaconda is not messing around. If it wraps around you, take a deep breath and hope for the best. ;-)
- Bert953: @DAN $AMZN video on crushing power of an anaconda: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja3Q9ZwWfec
- champ: $AMZN, +$20.00,....could be buy the close.....
- rclaus: @champ $AMZN What do you think? Buy the close? seems to be holding at 3k so far but is that enough?
$AMZN -- earnings next Thursday. Look for a Monday/Wednesday run. Alert $3030
$RH -- still working on a higher box. Not a great buy here, but easy to hold.
$SMH -- still trending. Steady.
$INTC -- delaying next chip.
$TSM -- INTC ...
- ckonelli: $AMZN off the lows starting to move
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $AMZN Amazon.com Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=AMZN&clip=125271
- Angdionk: $AMZN bought some at 20dma
- champ: @Angdionk $AMZN ---- The first bounce usually doesn't hold, we will see, test bounce, maybe watch $AAPL, for a little more help on market direction, in the tech sector.
- Angdionk: @champ $AMZN $AAPL thanks
- champ: @Angdionk $AMZN $AAPL ---- Both are trying but the close is in play today....just a lot of CopyCat traders in these stocks, looking for a nice move into the close. A lot of fingers are on the triggers, for both the Bulls and the Bears....my #guess is... because the $SPY made a new high today, off of that March low, direction could be leaning lower, for the close today....but you never know, stay focused because traders are going to find-out real soon, the close is in play, for sure, the Markets could even hold around these levels. ......$AAPL just had a little negative, per Axios. ......I also believe $AMZN is going to have a tradable bounce at some point, before earnings but that is 5-trading days from now ....that could happen at anytime but I'm guessing that might happen on Monday or Tuesday.
- JJJ: $amzn. where do you guys see the 50 day???
- just4mo: @JJJ $amzn 2709
- JJJ: @just4mo $amzn thx
- Bert953: @JJJ $AMZN double top @$3255. Price broke the 8dMA and held just above the 21dMA @Support-1. S2 @2796 S3 @50Dma 2709 s4 @ 2505. Heiken-Ashi candles show 1st bearish day (yesterday was red doji). Outlook appears bearish (at least in the short term). Q2 next Thurs after the close. True confessions: Sold and took my beating on Tuesday.
- champ: @scottrades--- Need some type of positive #News, in the short term, to keep the markets moving, in the right direction. .......$MSFT, @ $202.50, know-one can ever know for sure but this stock could move thru $200 and if it does, could maybe even drop down to around that $195, level....both Traders and Investors, are watching for a turn, everybody is watching, NP. ......$SPY, $XLK, the markets and even the tech sector could be just starting to take a much needed rest, we are going to find out in the coming days. ......The Virus trades, also appear to be slowing down. Might even have to wait for $AMZN. The markets needs something positive, however I'm still holding my positions. TGIF, coming-up, the markets could be tested tomorrow...#test-day-Friday, is on the Menu tomorrow, is my guess.
- scottrades: @champ $MSFT $SPY $XLK $AMZN #News #test-day-Friday Sure does feel like that. Cheers Champ!
- bRobert: $AMZN Double top targets 50d with break ,< $2900 $SCVL $CROX $DECK Unphased by today's action Shoe ins for your portfolio $NKE squeezing . 50/200d $FL squeezing $UA breakout room to run to $13 $DKS breakout $60 target PB/bounces
- traderbren: $AMZN -- looking to test the 8 ema
- champ: $TSLA, is one of the greatest entries, of all time, off of that March low....and so is $AMZN, and if traders, also trade the zig-zags, profits can even be much higher. Core positions, with also #Zig-Zag trading positions.
- Trader_X: @champ $TSLA $AMZN #Zig-Zag Congrats
- champ: @Trader_X $TSLA $AMZN #Zig-Zag ......Thank-you and I'm happy to be here, also in the forum and I wish I had Core positions, in both, but I'm Sorry to say, I don't.
- Ajax4Hire: $IBM profitable on cloud services so $MSFT(Azure), $AMZN(AWS) and $GOOGL should be even more successful,profitable. Suspect reason why these three enjoyed such favor yesterday. $MSFT reports earnings tomorrow(Wed,Jul22nd) after-market. Expect big moves in $MSFT Friday options.
- champ: $AMZN, HOD, up $75.00 off of LOD.
- shoredriver: $AMZN.....$GS and Jeffries takes pt to 3800.....
- lostsheep: @shoredriver $AMZN $GS Always good for the overall market
- Auto: $WPM $SQ $DELL $AMZN $PTON working added
- Bwhitty: $AMZN Many of us took this at the same time on the dip. Cheers to 5% already 😁
- lostsheep: @Bwhitty $AMZN As an analyst this is always a safe upgrade
- Bwhitty: Best recoveries of the day for me $AMZN $ADBE $ZM
- lostsheep: @Bwhitty $AMZN $ADBE $ZM If you removed the tickers they are the same chart.
- Bwhitty: @lostsheep $AMZN $ADBE $ZM good point. Probably why I buy them at the 8 day. instead of a break out.
- champ: @Bwhitty $AMZN $3050.00.....they #confirmed their earnings date on 7/30, that was one of the 3-triggers today, for this move, this stock will be at least $200 higher... than this current level, before earnings is my guess,...plus #upgrades by both $GS and Jefferies today, with a new price target at $3800. Should continue moving before earnings but #traders will zig-zag, just like they always do.....
- scottrades: @lostsheep $AMZN $ADBE $ZM That's a GOOD THING. When you trade the same chart over and over, there's less surprises.
- Bwhitty: @champ $AMZN $GS #confirmed #upgrades #traders I think you are right and believe it will test 3340 by earnings. And I will be there with a tight stop in case it gets rejected.
- teacher5: @Bwhitty $AMZN $ADBE $ZM Learning to watch for this. I’ve had several failed breakouts lately.
- Bwhitty: @teacher5 $AMZN $ADBE $ZM Stocks seem to have their own behavior. Probably reflects those who are trading the stock. For me some have been great for break out others have a trend of great for pull backs. for me at least.
- Hank1: @Bwhitty $AMZN ... ABOVE 3100 ... i love this stock.
- champ: $AMZN a clean move through $3100, for now,....looks positive, if we get a market, traders will be looking at $3200.....game on, risk on....
- Bert953: @champ $AMZN yay, long Call spread.
- champ: @Bert953 $AMZN ---Looks positive and I posted my earnings move plan on Sunday, yesterday.
- champ: @giants $AZN ---- Could take a new #starter, Spec swing position, on the close....my #guess is, this stock might be just flat for now, not really going to do much of anything more today, however traders are #Watching, for sure and others have alerts set, voice price alerts, with e-mail back-ups. ......I have this parked right next to $AMZN and $MSFT.
- champ: $AMZN, for those who bought a 100 shares, on Fridays close, they are up $20,000 $$$, so far today.
- joelsg1: @champ $AMZN Held otm calls that expired Friday essentially worthless. But simultaneously opened 8/21 various call spreads. A day late and a dollar short, as they say.
- champ: @joelsg1 $AMZN --- I posted about that News-Event , could be a positive timing, for Monday, did you see that post...about Expiration-Friday....
- champ: @EricF #PerformanceCoaching #Forum-Posts --- Ask me....I have a god understanding about entry-timings, off of News....I trade off of #News-first and then Charts, you see the charts on $AMZN and $MSFT, after that Friday News-Event, that was entry-timing, on both of these stocks.
- EricF: @champ $AMZN $MSFT #PerformanceCoaching #Forum-Posts #News-first Sounds good, thanks Champ
- joelsg1: @champ $AMZN I did, saw the upgrades as well.Bought the new call spread last week.
- champ: @joelsg1 $AMZN --- But there were No-upgrades on Sunday, when I posted, about this stock but many had to know that upgrades were coming, need to see their low consensus on their earnings numbers, that I posted about, on one of my post on $AMZN, this was the best #Bounce-Candidate in markets, I'm saying that this was a No-Brainer and $MSFT, was another one, after Friday. .........Just saying...LOL
$AMZN -- Solid move off $3000. Stops below there. Alert $3000 AND $3205
$AAPL -- 8-day EMA defining buy points.
$NFLX -- still has some work to do to soak up all the supply from that big drop.
$GOOGL -- All time high.
$FNV -- up 10%
champ: $AMZN, @ $3,208., up $246.00 or 8.31%, this is the AH close and closed on #HOD. I haven't seen a one day move like this before, that closed on the high of the day, on mostly all green volume, however I'm not going to go way back and look.
- DBones808: @champ $AMZN $QQQ $TQQQ $MSFT #HOD #Watch-list #Day-1 #after Awesome day for both without a doubt, well played!
champ: $AMZN, @ $2,962, and they finally #Confirmed, that they will be reporting earnings on 7/30/after.
The consensus.. EPS estimate is $1.34 and one year ago it was $5.22. That looks #odd but know one ever knowns what that tricky, unpredictable CEO Bezos ...
- scottto_2: These stocks all have something in common.... because I screened for their situation: $ACMR $AMZN $ASML $FIVN $FNGU $FVRR $GSX $IPHI $KLAC $NIO $NTES $SPLK $SPOT $SQ Hit recent ATH, now have pulled back between the 20-dma and 8-ema.... Some good lookin' things in there. Cheers.
- bRobert: @scottto_2 $ACMR $AMZN $ASML $FIVN $FNGU $FVRR $GSX $IPHI $KLAC $NIO $NTES $SPLK $SPOT $SQ $SQ. $150 target for a while. Weekly wedge breakout $NTES. C&h. $540 + $600 long term
- scottto_2: @scottto_2 $SPOT - I think my enthusiasm for this points out one major point. The subscription price is currently no-brainer cheap. This means they will have the ability, a la $NFLX and $AMZN, to raise their monthlies as more and more people transition from owning music to simply renting it like we now do with Movies and TV shows....
- bRobert: @scottto_2 $SPOT $NFLX $AMZN Most people don't own music anymore. They stream in one form or another.
- Rjeletrik: $AMZN Making it’s last hour run.
- lostsheep: @uconn2021 $SPY $NDX $DJI Thanks to all for the input. This would not buy 100 shares of $AMZN today.but would have 3 months ago. Ahhhh to turn back the clock. Being shorter term focused in my trading and being dealt the current life circumstances I don't want to trade this but would like to see some return beyond a 1% online bank sleep at night. TINA rules and need to find the right time and place for this. Again thanks.
- Bwhitty: $AMZN was anyone else ready to pile in their life savings if it touched the 20 day :) bought in small at 2931.
- Richlion1: @Bwhitty $AMZN Only if it holds!
- joelsg1: @Bwhitty $AMZN Not all in but call spreads at lower strikes
- Rjeletrik: @champ $SPY $XLK $QQQ $TECS $SQQQ #Chop-Chop $AMZN bounce off the 20 dma
- joelsg1: $AMZN Bouncing, bought August 3000-3400 call spread
- traderbren: @joelsg1 $AMZN - good. nice pull back this morning...almost getting down to the 20 dma.
- joelsg1: @traderbren $AMZN Earnings next Thursday
- champ: @Bwhitty $AMZN ---- #Nice-alert post, great timing.
- ckonelli: @traderbren $AMZN also two analysts upgrades one from Morgan Stanley during the day
- Bwhitty: @champ $AMZN #Nice-alert Decent starter position even if it consolidates for a while. Would be nice if we get a earnings run.
- champ: @Bwhitty $AMZN #Nice-alert ---- That will happen, at some point but it is still a little early. I don't see a #confirmed earnings date yet...do you..?......Traders are working this stock.... Great bounced, over $100, from LOD, to HOD.
- Rjeletrik: @champ $AMZN #Nice-alert #confirmed July 23
- champ: @Rjeletrik $AMZN #Nice-alert ---- I see that date but that date is not confirmed, on Schwab and also on Briefing, they have 7/30 but they are also saying, #unconfirmed.
$AMZN -- Earnings next Thursday. Expecting a run from here. But wait for a move higher.
GROWTH STOCKS: Not many real setups off pivots...but there are plenty of stocks you can still be trading.
$LEN -- Tight stop at 64.80. We could get stopped ...
- joelsg1: @Yaguila $MRNA Same study leaked before, so-called neutralizing antibodies for 1/3 or 15 people at Phase 3 dose with some side effects. So now give it to 15000 people and placebo another 15k in Phase 3. When does Phase 3 end? When enough of the 30k get the Covid, then see how many in each group get infected and how badly. Can't tell how long that will take, plus other factors like how many in study wear masks, attend Covid parties etc. So, what to do? IMHO, very Humble, fade the open up trade ($AAL, $UAL) and buy the stay at home ($AMZN).
- joelsg1: @champ $MRNA Announced Phase 3 trial starting 7/27 with 30,000 participants. Putting money where mouth is. Bought $AMZN 8/21 call spread 3100-3300
- Yaguila: @joelsg1 $MRNA $AAL $UAL $AMZN I get it.. Thanks
|Stock Price||$USD 3,286.33|
Amazon.com, Inc., serves consumers through its retail websites and focuses on selection, price, and convenience.Request Video of AMZN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- October 29th, 2020 - 2020 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 24.73 53.32%
- $USD 48.34 45.73%
- $USD 9.12 40.22%
- $USD 6.86 -15.00%
- $USD 13.86 -10.28%
- $USD 6.29 -9.98%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 74,900 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (74,900) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!