Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
Old Forum Content for AMZNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bmacdon618: $AMZN is stinking out the joint relatively speaking. Is it trading in sympathy with $NFLX or is some other news dropping it.
- champ: 11-#Banks will be reporting earnings tomorrow ---- $BAC, reported their best earnings that they had in years today. I can't find any earnings that was higher in the last 5-years, could even be 10 years or more. I'm not going to waste my time going ba ...
- cb: $AMZN 1700 OR 1650 from here?
- Henry: $AMZN just broke out of 15 and 30 min inside bars
- jcann1021: If $NFLX goes up after hours, $AMZN will follow and break thru $1,700 on its way to $1,780. If $NFLX goes down then I would say $1,650 is in the cards, but I would be a buyer at $1,650 and I believe it will go over $1,700 into earnings end of month.
$AMZN-@Woodman--You saw it---0 bucks away from the b/o you saw. Nice going.Amazon=Amazing.
- champ: $AMZN $GS $NTNX $FDN .......new positions
- woodman: @champ $AMZN $GS $NTNX $FDN - AMZN was my first buy of the morning yesterday. Up through descending resistance and bounced off the 8dEMA.
- champ: @woodman $AMZN...a hard number to move thru....$1,700
- woodman: @champ $AMZN - ... and now hitting the 200 day above.
- champ: It is hard to like $AMZN today...at this $1,700 ...I took small profits on my Day-trade....moving on.
- jcann1021: $AMZN can go to $1,780 into earnings. As Dan pointed out, now it's thru that $1,677 level I think it can trade up to $1,780 as we approach the end of month....although it has slowed a little today, can't go up 2% everyday?
- billfumick: @jcann1021 $AMZN #Long calls
- Henry: $AMZN still in a flag, but a little frisky this morning
- champ: $AMZN......HOD
- champ: @Robert1965 $ROKU $NFLX --- Probably but honestly there are others also that are working...and $AMZN $GOOGl $FDN...but $ROKU is loaded-up with trigger happy traders also. You just can't hold size...in these type of stocks.
- Henry: $AMZN If @Aragorn were here, he would tell you about the power of breaking two inside bars in different time frames. The 30 and the 60
- DAN: $AMZN is in a squeeze on a 5-minute bar chart. This is typical of many stocks that have had big runups (or pullbacks) during mid-day. An equilibrium sets in during lunch time. This will be one to watch during the last 60-90 minutes of the trading day because of clean up orders. No telling which way the stock will go, but it very rarely just meanders into the closing bell without moving much.
- cb: $AMZN Through the roof
- bobbybwana: @cb $AMZN I think a break above $1690 we may be off to the races.
- cb: $AMZN 1662.50 Major Battle Line
- sierramp: $AMZN continuing up into the close.
- champ: $AMZN @ $1,675..up $57.91....3.58% ...for now the stock is up $375 $$$'s, off the low turn.... just a great stock for traders. Today the stock open up and stayed up all day and had a #great close.
- debeers: $AMZN- DAN said that Amazon would ramp after achieving 1700. That means less than half of what it did today. I think the new AG might have Amazon in his sights which means on a dip I get to buy it again. $BOOT-Well, they really wanted to take this one down after it was up over 14.50% yesterday but the cowboys and NASCAR people seeing oil was up, just had to go to the stores and buy their honeys some early V Day presents so they could show off those HAWX Friday night. $CYBR-More and more we are seeing security stocks do well. $SIVB- Not thrilled with government shutdowns but very happy with Leerink on board. Long from $207.
$AMZN – could break out of wedge.
$MCHI – double bottom.
$HTHT –Coming out of a base. Note RS line.
$EDU – good consolidation out of trend break. Alert $65
$NTES – uptrending support line.
$JD – fell 62%. ...
- debeers: $AMZN-Added a skosh this am a buck off the low. I think we see a split between web services (AWS) and e-commerce.
- debeers: $AMZN.-Choice Hotels moving its web services to AWS. I think laziness abounds and 1 stop shopping is increasingly appealing.,
- champ: $AMZN ...just a great turn this morning...about $50 $$$'s off of LOD...traders continue to make huge profits daily...those who wait for timing
- debeers: OT (or maybe not) -"Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance." - David Mamet ... There's a lesson here. When the Pats coach was asked how he prepared, he said that he expected the other team to do what they always did. And he prepared for them accordingly. Stocks and people are really not all that different. People panic out at exactly the wrong time. If a company knows how to make money, skeered money will almost always lose. I'll be working on developing patience with an extremely difficult patient . You all have a great day. LONG: $AMED,$AMZN,$APA-from 27/ $BA/$BOOT/$LULU/$NKE/$RH/$SIVB bought on a gutter day from folks who don't know 1 bank from another. healthcare: $DXCM/$BHC Incidentally, if China exposure freaks you out, Amazon doesn't have any.
DAN: $AMZN -- pivot points work pretty well, gang. Look at AMZN. The pivot point is 1645.67, based on Friday's trading range. About 20 minutes ago, the stock rebounded to $1645.47 before falling back.
Don't use these as firm levels of resistance and s ...
- bmacdon618: @DAN $AMZN Hey Dan, not sure if it makes that much difference but my Think or Swim platform is putting today's pivot point as 1644.51, R1 is 1652.80 and S1 as 1628.71. Wonder what gives?
- cb: $AMZN anyone RHRN?
- DrScience: @cb $AMZN Sinking into the close. Lower low followed by a lower high. 50 DMA providing tenuous support, but I expect more downside as Bezos saga continues.
- debeers: @DrScience $AMZN - I expect the cure for this cold will be forthcoming on the 31st.
- 86944T: @cb $AMZN I made some money in an upside call spread this morning, but got out when it started to rollover around noon. I don’t like shorting AMZN, too much movement, and money.
- DrScience: @debeers $AMZN Ah! No need to take Granny's Cold Cure (anybody remember that episode?) as the ailment will have run its course by then! 😵
- woodman: @cb $AMZN - interesting spot here, sandwiched between descending resistance and the 50 day ... and the 200 day ... and then horizontal resistance: https://www.screencast.com/t/MXUP3Co8
- champ: @cb $AMZN ----- #Trading-Stock, for me ---- Tomorrow is a new day...just wait for the daily entry timing, However, some days, you just need to watch. $DJI $SPY...however, most all days....just watch the market for entry, this stock most always zig-za ...
12. $AMZN – flag pattern. Alert $1677
13. $TNDM – Alert $44
14. $T – “dividend capturing” strategy. Buy “Ex– 1”, wait for rebound?
15. $STZ – rebound holding.
- Henry: $AMZN Worthless discussion on Fox about the Bezos affair. TMZ who told us about Michael Jackson's propofol reports there is no prenup. Now you know as much as the Fox experts.
$AMZN – forming flag…but definitely at top of range.
$SMTX – very volatile.
$QNST – yesterday “has possibilities. Needs to pull back a bit more.” Lesson: Breakout above Tuesday’s high is a different kind of ...
- debeers: $AMZN- news from Buzz BUZZ-JP Morgan retains Amazon among top picks for 2019 5:56 AM ET, 01/09/2019 - Reuters ** JP Morgan retains Amazon among its favorite internet picks; says it is well positioned in 2019 due to revenue growth, higher margin on ads and compelling valuation among other factors ** Stock up 0.92 pct premarket at $1,673 ** AMZN has the most diversified revenue and profit streams among large-cap internet companies - JPM ** Advertising is Amazon's fastest growing and likely highest margin revenue stream, broker says ** Online retailer is likely to become the third biggest digital ad platform, by market share, over time - JPM ** Brokerage expects revenue to re-accelerate in early 2019 ** AMZN once again became Wall Street's most valuable company on Monday, after Pivotal initiated coverage on it with a "buy" rating. Median PT is $2113
- bmacdon618: Jeff Bezos getting divorced. $AMZN down $7
- grcjr: $AMZN what just happened? Premarket trading taking it down significantly with increased volume.
- Henry: @bmacdon618 $AMZN David Faber He no longer will be the richest man in the world lol
- grcjr: @grcjr $AMZN - Bezos getting divorced. What does that have to do with the stock?
- shoredriver: @Henry $AMZN ...Maybe split the stock....lol.....
- debeers: $AMZN-Jeff is getting a walletectomy. I sure would like to pick up another chunk down 50 or so. Ex wife should be in line for 75B or so.
- wijimmy: @Henry $AMZN ... BUT there's a NEW RICHEST WOMAN in the WORLD now ( Mckenzie Bezos ).. LOOK OUT OPARH !!! ..
- bigbartabs: $AMZN ... Jeff Bezos now worth 137 Billion... divorcing his wife of 25 years? Maybe he isn't as smart as I thought he was.
- Henry: @bigbartabs $AMZN after 100 billion, it's really hard to upgrade your lifestyle with another 100
- bRobert: @Henry $AMZN Some say the next 100 billion is the game changer.
DAN: Good morning. Futures are up this morning on optimism that the U.S. and China are going to come to an agreement on trade that is fair.
Meanwhile, back on this planet, the market continues to consolidate as we approach the critical earnings season t ...
- DAN: @Slomo $WLL That's a good sale, Slomo. Looks a lot like the $AMZN chart. Counter trend rally...stalling today. Great job!
- jcann1021: $AMZN Sold completely out of Calls at 1668, wish I bought puts! I am thinking it might go back up end of day or tomorrow....
- champ: $AMZN @ $1,616....looks like that could have been entry...for a Spec-Day-Trade.
- woodman: @jcann1021 $AMZN https://www.screencast.com/t/kU1a0jJ5TyUR
debeers: $AMZN-yet another finger in another pie and, in my opinion, safer than $NVDA because of the diversity aspect:
Molex Teams Up With Accenture and Amazon Web Services to Co-Develop Edge Computing Solution for Next-Generation Self-Driving Cars
9:43 AM E ...
- champ: @bRobert $ROST --- A real clean turn....and Yes, 12/26 was entry, on more than a few retailers...$AMZN $LULU $HD $LOW and many others. The #Markets also turned on 12/26..$DJI $SSO....that was #Entry-Timing, for me.
- bRobert: @champ $ROST $AMZN $LULU $HD $LOW $DJI $SSO #Markets #Entry-Timing Nice stocking stuffer. Better than coal
- champ: @bRobert $ROST $AMZN $LULU $HD $LOW $DJI $SSO #Markets #Entry-Timing---- Thats for sure....however, for now... it is really hard to trust the markets...the markets surprise in both direction, daily....and it is really hard to swing positions. You have to be a gunslinger and gambler.....and that is really hard to do, doesn't really matter who you are.
- bRobert: @champ $ROST $AMZN $LULU $HD $LOW $DJI $SSO #Markets #Entry-Timing---- It's hard to trust the weather forecast when you just survived a tsunami. You stick your head out the window frequently and survey the tides.
- champ: @bRobert $ROST $AMZN $LULU $HD $LOW $DJI $SSO #Markets #Entry-Timing---- Your obsoletely right about that.. but I missed all the fun...because I was not it the game. However, traders did alright.
- bRobert: @champ $ROST $AMZN $LULU $HD $LOW $DJI $SSO #Markets #Entry-Timing---- You are a much more active trader than I am. A small pause in the action can be refreshing. There's always another setup around the corner. With a bit of good news flow we MAY enter a period of more sustainable up trending action. and less volatility. A lot of bad was priced into the market.
- champ: @bRobert $ROST $AMZN $LULU $HD $LOW $DJI $SSO #Markets #Entry-Timing---- All of my positions were up...but timing was off. You must have been off for awhile because I have been posting daily. However, it is impossible, as you know to get timing exactly right....but I should have done better today. However, tomorrow is a new day...but I'm off for the day. LOL
$AMZN – still a higher high and low.
$NFLX – very very messy chart. Would be selling here. Absolutely.
$TOL – trading lesson. Pay attention to the base, and the moving average locations.
$CELG/BMY – what was the trade? Th ...
- debeers: $APA-bought at 27, now 29 $BA closed 340.53 +12.42 $AMZN closed 1656.55 27.07 $CYBR--up again $RH, $NKE, $LULU, all up $BOOT-@jslm who was really not nice about this one is 12 cents shy of 20 bucks Not one of these moves would have been able to have been made without a cooperative Fed. Can POTUS undo the whole thing? Sure he can. Has he learned anything from the last time he was pugnacious(-your word for the day)? Who knows? Only the fools and the liars.
- champ: $DJI ---- #Day-4- and Market-Direction looks positive again tonight. Could even be the start of a new #zig-zagging-leg, up the wall of worry. The recent bottom was on 12/26 and this move could continue, without any new #negative news, is my #guess, w ...
- Henry: $AMZN toying with 1600 in premarket
- phgruver: @Henry $AMZN Hmm, $AMZN is up, $MSFT is down, and $AAPL is flat. That means $QQQ will be flat to slightly up at open. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds....
- debeers: $AMZN-Ahead of the CES, where Bezos has already secured a prime location, he discloses that more than 100 million Alexa devices have been sold. FD Long. This is not a stock for the skittish but it is a stock for those looking to make 25% this year i ...
- debeers: $AMZN-@DAN-If AMZN has a close at 1600 or above, will you like it then? Won't the chart then say you should? Thanks, Danny. Hope your new year will be the best ever.
- debeers: @Henry $AMZN -Bezos, ahead of the CES, has already disclosed that more than 100 million Alexas have been sold and they already broke their online Christmas record by 6/1%
- DAN: @debeers $AMZN I agree with a lot of what you're saying, debeers. It does pay to buy AMZN when it's down big. And I do get the fundamental story. Can't put AMZN in the same category as the other FANGS. It's different. But with that said, being "different" doesn't mean that the price chart doesn't matter. It does. It always does. I wouldn't buy AMZN right here. But I would buy it on any pullback...particularly if the next pullback bottoms above 1300 -- a higher low.
- phgruver: @debeers $AMZN The problem with that statement is that I bought one of those devices, with no intention of ever activating Alexa. I'm sure there are many more like me in the world....
- Bob E: @debeers $AMZN Because of @Dan's recent comments $AMZN should be "dead to him" because it is below the 200 SMA. Unless, it is for a day or swing trade. But I don't think that is likely either since the stock is up 24% from the low on 12/24/18. Of course I don't speak for Dan, I'm just saying IMHO.
- debeers: @Bob E $AMZN @Bob-Well, so how does it work when DAN buys Mohawk on a tip from Morgan Stanley? Is $MHK above or below the 200 day average? Oh, please!!. $MHK couldn't make money over the last few Q's when oil was under 50 bucks. Petroleum ios the chief ingredient in silky rugs. If any one is buying a stock on takeover speculation that's different. If Morgan has "inside information" that it is passing on that's breaking the law. GL with that. The Georgia boys are smart guys. If anyone buys Mohawk, my guess would be Home Depot. So I guess we'll wait and see.
- Bob E: @debeers $AMZN $MHK I really don't know the answer to that. My reply is based only on Dan's recent comments.
- champ: $AMZN -----OUT...taking the Profits, tomorrow is a new day.
- woodman: @champ $AMZN - Looks like a good place to take profits. IMO. https://www.screencast.com/t/1vfZr9tG
- debeers: @woodman $AMZN-looks to me like it has waay more on the upside so if the market agrees with you I might be wrong but not for long.
- debeers: $AMZN-2 new pieces of news Buying israeli startup CloudEndure Being used by Qualcomm for Amazon music
- woodman: @debeers $AMZN Just pointing out some levels. Longer term, it could definitely move much higher (another 25% back to its all time high). Shorter term, however, it has various resistance areas. If it gets up through the descending resistance I pointed to, then you're looking at resistance in the 1780-1845 area. But it's already had a 25%+ move from the December bottom, and with it making lower lows and lower highs, one should be cognizant of resistance when buying it here.
- champ: $DJI ...just a great day for profits...but because of risk-magement, I took the nice $$$'s on spec day-trades positions and 1/2 off on most all positions...but not all...because I was holding size. Still swinging part or all on....$HD $LOW $AL $NAV $ ...
- woodman: @debeers $AMZN .... Also, whereas there were no buyers of virtually any equities somewhat recently, now it looks more like there are no sellers. So that could be continued wind in the sails for the Market, meaning $AMZN as well. Best of luck.
- champ: @BobbyG $AMZN $AAPL #AH #never --- Your are right on the mark, as always. I hear you...#Thanks ...but it is still only one day at a time for me. I only #day-trade $AMZN and I have NP in $AAPL... and I have not been trading $AAPL. However, I take advantage of all opportunities, whenever they pop up, long or short. I know the markets are high risk for you... because you are not full-time. Just have patience and maybe just pick-out, only 1 target to watch, for entry timing.. but I know, this is not your first Rodeo. #Good-Luck!
- debeers: $WMT/$AMZN-Sun Tzu once is reported to have said,"the enemy of my enemy is my friend." Part of his Art of War is that you team up with a traditional opponent against a common enemy. So it has now occurred with Walmart and Amazon against Ind ...
- traderbren: @debeers $WMT $AMZN - nice musings, especially the puppeteer reference of Liesman which is right on the money! ;-)
- cb: $AMZN Gnawing at the 1540 mark
- jcann1021: $AMZN Broke thru 1540, looking strong.
- cb: $AMZN flipped short
- Henry: @cb $AMZN I'm out of my long day trade. It's up against R3 I think there is a reason we don't talk about R4. I don't have enough brass to go short. It's at a new hod as I type. Oh well, I am off to a good start for the years, so I'm taking the rest of the day off. See you folks on Monday, everyone have a good weekend.
- jcann1021: $AMZN Going to 1,600
- cb: @Henry $AMZN yes! my stop was hit at r3
- jcann1021: $AMZN might get there today?
- grcjr: @champ #Red $AMZN - sometimes (as I think you were saying) lower volume means the "smart" market movers are done for a bit (and went out for the marinated olive lunch) and the smaller time buyers are seeing the move and continue to drive the price up. On the other hand $AMZN is still moving up with good volume.
- traderbren: $AMZN - chewing through supply overhead. Let's see if can clear $1600 and push higher.
- champ: @grcjr $AMZN #Red --- There will be a #Test-Today --- Could be but I don't think smart money...step-out on days like today...they have plenty of time for drinks.. after the close. Investors and traders are making #Huge profits today, they #aren't-going-anywhere, thats for sure...they even have bed-bottles. Only the ones with no-skin in the game. Smart money work all the time, they are picking out targets...but the #Test today...will be going into the close.
- champ: @Forexpro $AMZN #Red #Test-Today #Huge #aren #Test --- I guess they could be late today. But I'm not thinking about trains and drinks...I'm focus on the markets. Take Care!
- Forexpro: @champ $AMZN #Red #Test-Today #Huge #aren #Test Thanks, Champ, Smart money is typically expected home on Friday evening, and if a VT weekend is in store (26 in base at Stowe) it will be on an early train. Thursday is office and/or friendly rival drinks night. Business before pleasure, as it were. :) Hope your day is going well; all the best! P.S. You jogged my memory; the assumption behind Thursday drinks was that no matter how painful the day, it would always be possible to get through Friday, somehow. On Friday morning, our interns at State Street would circulate around the desks, taking orders for greasy breakfast sandwiches from a local diner. "Filthy Friday?", was the gentle inquiry. :)
|Stock Price||$USD 1,859.92|
Amazon.com, Inc., serves consumers through its retail websites and focuses on selection, price, and convenience.Request Video of AMZN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- April 25th, 2019 - 2019 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 17.41 24.77%
- $USD 111.86 23.96%
- $USD 12.23 19.73%
- $USD 5.45 -37.63%
- $USD 16.20 -33.87%
- $USD 14.98 -27.09%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 61,900 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (61,900) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!