Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
Old Forum Content for AMZNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
$AMZN -- Nope
$GSX -- short is working. This can fall to mid-$20s pretty easily. It’s Chinese. The numbers aren’t reliable
$TEDU -- thin. Earnings on Monday. Alert $4.05
$LK -- This was yesterday’s stock.
$LAKE - Earnings 4/1 ...
debeers: $WMT-Now taking the temp of their associoates in the hot spot areaas to protect them and installing plexiglas shields on the registers.Hours reduced and, given the uproar yesterday about $AMZN, decided that
they donm't want to be part of their ee di ...
- Auto: $ACAD working added $AMZN working added $BURL short working added
- Ajax4Hire: $AMZN - Amazon If you squint your eyes and wave your hands you might see... $AMZN setting up Reverse Head-and-Shoulder pattern. $1975=neck line, $1650=head top results in a $2300 retrace. I set myself an alert: $AMZN above $2000, Head-and-Shoulder pattern if after 2020-04Apr-08Wed(maybe?)
- traderbren: $AMZN -- looks like $AMZN may finally clear and "stay" above the 50 dma after numerous failed attempts
- Bert953: @traderbren $AMZN Could happen, but its exactly where I drew a Horizontal Resistance line @ 4 previous peaks. 10 min chart shows that its currently stalling here.
- mljbaer: $AMZN now testing the VWAP on a 5 min chart
$AMZN -- breakout above 50-day MA. See the AVWAP at 1900.
$RH -- Earnings out. Stock down a bit. Alert $122
$WMC -- Dividend cut. This is the risk! And it’s a big one.
$RETA -- Stopping Phase 3. Stock down 11%.
- grcjr: Before the open: I do not trust it although I will note that $AAPL $AMD $AMT $AMZN $NVDA $MU $MSFT $DIS $WMT $SPXL and more are all about to open a smidge above yesterday's close.
- debeers: @grcjr $AAPL $AMD $AMT $AMZN $NVDA $MU $MSFT $DIS $WMT $SPXL -these need to conserve not expand now
- debeers: Here are thetop 10 decliners---i mean you really had to work hard to be in one of these today: $UGLD/$TZA/$TDOC/$SDOW/$NTES/$FAZ/$DRV/$AMZN/$AMED Amazonn is in the thick of the West Coast cases and will be criminally cited if they run ads gouging for masks or sanitizers.
- jonwest88: @debeers $AMZN Besides the announcement that they can't promise 1 and 2 day deliveries at this point, they will be selling more online goods. The real money maker that should increase even more so on a percentage basis, and where they really make the dough is from AWS their cloud service. I look at the 2 year chart and see a consolidation pattern with rising lows and a ceiling that just got poked through this year. This time it looks better than the 2 year consolidation from 10/07 - 10/09, and 10/11 - 9/12, or 12/12, as that new high from the consolidation ending 9/12 was immediately followed by a 16 % correction. I am waiting for the descending pattern of the 'W" to drop back towards the 200 day or thereabouts to add.
$AMZN -- Sideways and sloppy.
$MMM - Oversold with potential upside tomorrow:
- Bert953: @issues $BA $SPR $GLD $IAU $GOLD $ZM $DHR $ROKU took profit stop on $ZM this morn, and sold out of $GOLD call. I decided to heed @Dan's advice and not get chopped up. Only closing positions in live account and watching for signs of a real buyable dip while being wary of potential bull traps. I am practicing using my paper account. traded $AMZN $ZM $FNV profitably. Small losses in $GILD $TDOC $SKF $SDS. Only long another tranch of $ZM into the close. Practice makes improvements (not perfection)!
- sniper: in $amzn 1/2 postion longterm, chasing zm 1 pos swing
$AMZN -- 200-day MA
$GOOGL -- Nope
$FB - Nope
$NFLX - Nope
$HAL - covered straddle
- bigbartabs: @DAN $T2108 $T2107 $SPX $DJI $DJT $MDY $IWM $NDX $COMPQX $XAL $LMT $RTN $GSX $ZM $IIPR $BLPH $MRNA $AMZN $GOOGL $FB $NFLX $HAL $SLB $CVX $XOM $STOR ... Isn't it John Bollinger that also likes W patterns? I seem to remember that in his book. Or maybe it was John Dillinger. I get those two mixed.
- Scotjoynt: @jeffslm $AMZN Staying long on this or do you think will be continue to be all over ? I am have been long AMZN but out a few weeks ago waiting to get back in.
- jjohn: $AMZN worth watching today.
- Tango: @Tango in on $Amzn... don’t follow
- Hank1: Hello @jjohn $AMZN ... nice move about the 200-day today. Looks like it'll close above it which makes today's low a nice stop for those who want to start a position. One of my three longs - amzn (small), cost (medium) and cash (very large).
- Hank1: @jjohn ... $AMZN ... Amazon Prime Pantry temporarily closes as online shopping surges amid coronavirus outbreak.
- jjohn: @Hank1 $AMZN Looks like the market liked the news. :) I made good money on trading options just this one stock today.
- traderbren: $AMZN - fyi - Amazon halts grocery orders to restock amid surging demand
- Hank1: @jjohn $AMZN Good for you. I'm looking for a market pullback tomorrow and an options trade against today's low. We will see.
$AMZN -- thru the AVWAP on volume.
$JCP -- It’s a penny stock now. No!
$AAPL -- Looking like it is stabilizing. But I question the alpha going forward.
$AMZN -- Also stabilizing at 200-day MA. Weekly chart shows the patter ...
- DAN: @traderbren $AMZN And that...is why it is not prudent to just assume that a company that is in the delivery business will have the things that you cannot buy. ;-)
- traderbren: $AMZN - interesting to note this morning. Would like to see it clear yesterday's high.
- debeers: $AMZN-Grocery delivery before delivery of anything else. Seniors who didn' have the membership before will see a need for it now.
- jjohn: $AMZN turned green
- champ: @jjohn $AMZN ---- Looks positive, nice move, I'm in this morning.
- debeers: @champ $AMZN ---If corona persists---groceries delivered. If not, then folks will start buying everything else from them because then they go back to work and will embrace the convenience.Either way, Amazon has you covered, champ.
- jjohn: @champ $AMZN I got in and out with 2 calls. @DAN 59 minute trade works amazingly well
- champ: $AMZN $WMT $COST $KR $BJ $PG...all are working, these are a few common-sense trades, and all are zig-zagging with the market.
- agiaccag: @champ $AMZN $WMT $COST $KR $BJ $PG Ok @champ , So what's your secret , if I may ask ? Scanning, watchlist with custom alerts or just watching charts. I use TC2000 but new to its capabilities. Just a newbie trying to learn. Thanks.
- champ: @agiaccag $AMZN $WMT $COST $KR $BJ $PG ---- No real secret,...the public is stocking-up with supplies, as we all know, so certain stocks are in play, plus others.
- jeffslm: $AMZN - Added today
- Bert953: @jeffslm $AMZN me too. Only a teeny tiny position. I have not enjoyed wrestling this anaconda over the last few months. It bounced around 40 points just today
- champ: @Bert953 $AMZN..... LOD to HOD is around $100, $$$'s
- champ: It is not #over, until the AH's markets close, the markets gave-up some profits. The $SPY, is getting a bounce in the AH's..here are a few stocks $HD $AMZN and $AAPL, after the President issues an Executive Order, on the Defense Production Act, allocating Health and Medical Resources, the Military is at work now. That looks like positive News for now...$AMZN bounced around $40, up to the AH's HOD. .....Will this continue in the morning, I have #No-Idea, is why I took my real nice AH's, profits.
- Ruthboone: @scottrades $LAKE would love your thoughts on $AMZN
- scottrades: @Ruthboone $LAKE $AMZN I would have preferred a gap down a run up. My fear with gaps (to the upside) is the risk of anyone taking profit. Still lots of supply above imo. Watch the first 15 mins to see how it trades, might be a good day trade.
- Ruthboone: @scottrades $LAKE $AMZN thanks
- scottrades: $AMZN suspending all shipments other than medial supplies and household staples.
- Ruthboone: @scottrades $AMZN still holding $ZM Just don’t seem how it wouldn’t be a good play throughout this . Am I wrong? Don’t want to hold it out of stubbornness.
- Tango: $AMZN Popped about Vwap
- champ: @Tango $AMZN ---Yes, had a great entry this morning.
- scottrades: @Ruthboone $AMZN $ZM It's below the 8EMA meaning the aggressive uptrend is consolidating. My opinion is that the excitement of the stock has slowed and it's become a crowded trade.
- Tango: @champ $AMZN I don’t understand AMZN’s decline... Lulu and other store need to become AMZN, or copy them. Since no store retail presence.
- champ: @Tango $AMZN ----Just traders, moving In and Out....small might work,...moving-up.
- bnnybklyn: @scottrades $AMZN seriously? I just ordered extra 9mm magazine holders, gotta get ready for Armageddon ; ) darn
- glens13: @Tango $AMZN They are adding 100,000 employees in order to meet the surge in online purchases for home delivery. In essence, they are one of the few companies that are experiencing an INCREASE in their sales numbers vs a decrease like most other companies like AAPL. That combined with an increase in P/E multiple due to the unprecedented Fed action with regards to DCF tells me that this stock should be one of the first to retest its 50SMA ($1,940ish) at a minimum.
- Larryzz: @scottrades $AMZN Actually, according to statement, prioritizing medical and staples over other merchandise, not suspending.
- Bert953: $AMZN bummer go shaken out earlier. Im not trying to wrestle an anaconda.
- champ: $AMZN, had a move-up of around $170., off of LOD.
- bogiedog1: #VWAP: I use ToS and don't have the fancy anchored version. Check out how well the regular 'ol VWAP worked today using the 1 minute chart for $AAPL $AMZN $COST $MSFT $SSO just to name a few.
- spmeyers: @bogiedog1 $AAPL $AMZN $COST $MSFT $SSO #VWAP yeah, regular VWAP is fine for intra-day use; Scott likes the anchored one for looking at several day period
- Rjeletrik: $AMZN Looking to start a small position at the open. Limit 1650.00 Wish me luck. Long term hold
- kycol: @Rjeletrik $AMZN FWIW, I just read that $AMZN was having overall difficulty restocking & expected to delay deliveries — you may want to wait a bit to check that out. PS Looks like it’s going to open with a lower low.
- drmike54: @drmike54 $NVDA $AMZN another great candidate for a 59 minute trade: Friday's close 1785 Current Bid: 1635 Thursday's low: 1675 Pick whatever Mar 20 call series strikes your fancy. Stop if the stock hits 1610. This a 59 minute trade...... Not for the faint of heart or the long term trader......
- Rjeletrik: $AMZN up above Vwap on volume
- champ: $AMZN...up around $90, off of LOD.....$COST, another nice bounce trade...T, $SSO $FTNT.....but direction still unknown...working for now.
- Rjeletrik: @champ $AMZN $COST $SSO $FTNT are you still holding $AMZN?
- champ: @Rjeletrik $AMZN $COST $SSO $FTNT --- Just day trading, had nice moves.
Forexpro: Re: $AMZN
Well, yes, I have seen better charts, but still, $AMZN outperformed $SPY by a cool 557 basis points today. That's a pretty big number even before we annualize it. I note that $AMZN has announced its intention to hire a lot of ...
- spmeyers: @Forexpro $AMZN $SPY yeah, gotta be good for amazon
- Reif99: @Forexpro $AMZN $SPY In my long term account I've been long the $QQQ and short the $IWM (actually long the $RWM because no shorts allowed) and I feel that's been a pretty low risk/low volatility trade, up about 4% in the last week.I'm thinking maybe exchanging $AMZN for $QQQ. Thoughts on the initial strategy or the change, anyone?
- Forexpro: @Reif99 $AMZN $SPY $QQQ $IWM $RWM Hey, Reif99, Glad this tactic is working well for you. I took a look, and $AMZN and $QQQ are so highly correlated (as shown in the attached chart, 0.98 over the past 20 periods) that it hasn't made a difference for a while. However, that's backward-looking, and it seems plausible that Jeff & Co. will figure out ways to profit from the current situation. That might argue for moving at least some of your $QQQ holding in that direction. Best of luck with it, whatever you decide!
- sniper: @champ $AMZN $SSO $TQQQ $T $HD $LOW $OSB $RHHBY $FANG thanks
- Herb: @issues $EBS $CI $CONE $CRUS $DPX $DQ $ENVA $ICHR $FOCS $GDDY $GO $GSX $KBH $LAKE $MDC $NSIT $PCRS $POWI $QDEL $SIMO $TNK $XP $ZM $AMN $AYX $BAH $BLK $BRBR $BRO $BSX $CHGG $COLD $CTRE $DXCM $ENV $FND $PFSI $RNG $RP $EPAY $SITE $STAG $TEAM $TTD $VAR $AMZN $GOOGL $CABO Thanks. Are $DPX and $PCRS correct symbols?
- issues: @Herb $EBS $CI $CONE $CRUS $DPX $DQ $ENVA $ICHR $FOCS $GDDY $GO $GSX $KBH $LAKE $MDC $NSIT $PCRS $POWI $QDEL $SIMO $TNK $XP $ZM $AMN $AYX $BAH $BLK $BRBR $BRO $BSX $CHGG $COLD $CTRE $DXCM $ENV $FND $PFSI $RNG $RP $EPAY $SITE $STAG $TEAM $TTD $VAR $AMZN $GOOGL $CABO Herb! Thanks for bringing that typo to my attention. The correct symbols would be DPZ (always had trouble typing that Z.) and PCRX (trouble with my little finger typing the X also.) I didn't think anyone read it. At least you did. Thanks!
- issues: On the IBD 50 list is $EBS - develops vaccines against biological agents that are potential weapons. New this week on IBD 50: $CI $CONE $CRUS $DPZ $DQ $ENVA $ICHR $FOCS $GDDY $GO $GSX $KBH $LAKE $MDC $NSIT $PCRX $POWI $QDEL $SIMO $TNK $XP $ZM Many seem related to the overblown Corona panic... Off the IBD 50: $AMN $AYX $BAH $BLK $BRBR $BRO $BSX $CHGG $COLD $CTRE $DXCM $ENV $FND $PFSI $RNG $RP $EPAY $SITE $STAG $TEAM $TTD $VAR Cramer said he expects another down draft this week sometime that will drop below the low on Thursday. I put in low limit orders (small number of shares) on $AMZN $GOOGL and $CABO
- Herb: @issues $EBS $CI $CONE $CRUS $DPX $DQ $ENVA $ICHR $FOCS $GDDY $GO $GSX $KBH $LAKE $MDC $NSIT $PCRS $POWI $QDEL $SIMO $TNK $XP $ZM $AMN $AYX $BAH $BLK $BRBR $BRO $BSX $CHGG $COLD $CTRE $DXCM $ENV $FND $PFSI $RNG $RP $EPAY $SITE $STAG $TEAM $TTD $VAR $AMZN $GOOGL $CABO You bet.
- debeers: $AMZN vs.$MSFT- Pentagon reconsidering its award of a 10B conract to Mr. Softee after a court ruled that the award might have been unduly influenced by the president. The complaint alleged that POTUS exerted "improper prerssure" that led the DoD to award the JEDI contract to Microsoft. This is just the beginning of the tug o war as the pentagon, of course, says it was not either injfluenced or pressured, Naturslly, MSFT says the POentagon m ade theright decision. Quel suprise! of course, Microsoft would be willing to give a skosh to "resolve all issues. Given the size of the contract, i don't expect a resolution soon, do you?
- champ: $AMZN $SSO $TQQQ $T $HD $LOW $RHHBY ...just had Spec entries on the lows....watch for entries.
- stairm01: @champ $AMZN $SSO $TQQQ $T $HD $LOW $RHHBY Yep, caught the low on $LABU and have ridden it up 14% now.
- grcjr: @champ $AMZN - third day at this level. I nibbled. Thanks for your posted.
- champ: $AMZN $SSO $TQQQ $T $HD $LOW $OSB $RHHBY, I was pre-setup and holding these positions before the News conference, posted earlier. I forgot about $OSB and I also forgot to take profits off of $OSB. Took profits off of all the others because they were oversize. .....I'm swinging a New spec with $FANG and back-in 30% of $RHHBY, these are my only swing risk for now...but ETF's are still working... in the AH's, might add back, small size.
COTD: Here’s your trade on Amazon ($AMZN)
Breadth was so poor that stocks just have to rally, irrespective of the news flow.
You MUST Buy now. It’s the only way to be rewarded for selling higher.
Might be a bull trap...so scale in slowl ...
- spmeyers: $AMZN gotta think they will benefit from all the from-home shopping; looking to buy starter at the june 2019 low
- shoredriver: @spmeyers $AMZN .....how does one disinfect packages?
- kbrowe: @spmeyers $AMZN Yes, but will home shoppers be buying? And is it a risk that one or more of their distribution centers experience the virus crisis due to an employee testing positive for the virus. I hate thinking like this...
- shoredriver: @Herb $UPS $DXCM ...my point is that $AMZN$UPS are not going to easily recover once the masses figure that out.....
- Herb: @debeers $ZM $AMZN $SPXS $SOXS $TZA FAB!!!!
- indigo1948: @debeers $ZM $AMZN $SOXS $TZA $SPXS -feeling like I am at the craps table rolling some bad numbers-lots of 7’s when all I need is numbers. Glad I parked quite a bit of cash but the minute I short $NKE it will jump. Best of luck.
- HGIGuy: @debeers $ZM $AMZN $SPXS $SOXS $TZA I've been scared to use inverse ETF in a major downdraft since late 2008 when the Government halted short-selling and ruined the inverse-Financials position I was holding. Went from a double to negative overnight.
- spmeyers: @debeers $ZM $AMZN $SPXS $SOXS $TZA wanted to get into the inverse plays but thought they were played out; I did buy 1 share of AMZN at the low with tight stop
I want to buy more than a few shares of $AMZN like crazy but being disciplined instead and have NONE..Here's what i have over 90% in and the day i see The President dipping Pelosi on the dance floor maybe i'll change my mind as almost every group ...
- debeers: @Herb $ZM $AMZN $SPXS $SOXS $TZA --No $AMZN yet and on my screen Zoom is green- y'know Herb, every once in a while. blind squirrel finds nut!
- debeers: @HGIGuy $ZM $AMZN $SPXS $SOXS $TZA -Check out what the 4 day return on these are. Russia started the ball rolling and the other Nellies fell right in liner. Good for Russia as far as i'm concerned 70B in the hole.. Good-no one i'd rather see tank.
- brett_anderson: $AMZN there's not really a trade here, but Amazon flirted with the 200 dMA.
- ckonelli: @DAN thanks you answered my question I had by accident yesterday clicked the wrong option and ended up with a position in $AMZN instead of selling Wont do that again:)
$AMZN -- This is what distribution looks like.
$NFLX -- back above the 50-day moving average
$MASI -- starting to tighten up above the 50-day moving average.
$KNSL -- needs to tighten. Watch this.
$TAL -- The obvious trade typically isn’t the ...
.....I was pre-set up, with plans for Bounce-Trades but that overnight bounce, changed all plans. These were the best trades today, $HD $FANG $SSO and $FAS but I had to wait for timing entries, on all trades, plus I'm risking a swing with $OXY and m ...
- Auto: $AAPL $TWTR $PETS $RAD $GRUB $AMZN $STNE added
- ckonelli: $AMZN has anyone every done something as stupid as this :) Getting out of an $AMZN trade @$1861 and of course someone here calls out I need your help urgently and instead of SELL TO CLOSE I bought more OMG
- champ: @ckonelli $AMZN --- Great Day-Trade, on the open..LOD to HOD, is + $100.00
- borden_john: @champ $AMZN typically all over $AMZN but been playing in the $SPX all day :(
|Stock Price||$USD 2,890.30|
Amazon.com, Inc., serves consumers through its retail websites and focuses on selection, price, and convenience.Request Video of AMZN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- July 23rd, 2020 - 2020 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 21.89 210.77%
- $USD 33.43 45.78%
- $USD 6.85 40.25%
- $USD 24.41 -33.25%
- $USD 36.46 -30.37%
- $USD 10.60 -29.80%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 71,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (71,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!