Blue Apron Holdings Inc. Class A (NYSE:APRN)
Old Forum Content for APRNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Ajax4Hire: @Max115 $YETI Their products are fabulous! Yeti cooler is #1 item stolen at campsites; NEVER leave your Yeti cooler un-secure. But, that fabulousness comes at a very steep cost. Yes, there is a fan base but selling highly durable items means you are in constant looking-for-the-next-new-customer mode. Most importantly, the technology is easily transferrable, not monopolizable, hard to stop competitors. Walmart sells "Ozark" brand similar but less expensive, nearly identical, IS identical to the proletariat. Like $SQ, $GRUB, $APRN, a great idea but without protection from world-wide competition can destroy business model.
- DAN: @bogiedog1 $PTON We are at the end of the cycle. Happens all the time. When the crap companies that make no money and have no prospects of making money start going public, you know that there is no beer left in the keg. You're just drinking the dregs. $APRN $LYFT $UBER $PTON. WeWork would have been the creme de la creme. Thank God that isn't going to IPO. I'll stand by my prediction that the company will be unable to go public. It's been exposed, and you can't put the smoke back in the burning fire.
Look at $APRN. Look at $UBER. Look at $LYFT. None of those companies ever stood a chance of making money. And the weird thing is that, because they never stood a chance of making money, they could be valued at any price. When there are no facts ...
DAN: I don't know if you are holding Beyond Meat stock. I see a few stray posts in the forum...but I don't get the sense that this is a stock that many members are holding. That's a good thing.
I recall mentioning that:
1. The stock is grossly overva ...
- JJK: @DAN $TSLA $UBER $APRN $BYND Dan great stuff. Love your perspective with a touch of humor LOL!
- gvianello: @DAN $TSLA $UBER $APRN $BYND I advised some friends about the BYND bubble, they wanted to buy when it was at $220, I don’t know if they finally did.
- debeers: @DAN $TSLA $UBER $APRN $BYND ---The best fundie reason is that it now has 2 competitors. Morningstar Farms and the new Nestle both of which will step on it like a wayward bug.
- Bridget: $APRN looks like phase 2 of this breakout could be over. Got a small position at $9. This one is also moving on $BYND news that they might include the meatless alternative.
- Wykeman: $APRN lil squeeze going on..np
COTD: $APRN -- Beyond Meat in recipe gives you a great opportunity...beyond what you could imagine. Sell this pig....
$SPX - resting. Beware the wedge! It never matters...until it does. And when it does, it really matters.
$DJT -- great action ...
- DAN: Good morning. Futures are running in the negative this morning, but only slightly. This is a normal "backing and filling" process that you'll typically see when stocks test key resistance levels. There was a lot of chatter over the weeke ...
- jknyborg: @DAN $DB $APRN $OLED $OMCL Would be great for a class on exits. Where to take profit. For me not trading long here it seems that most exits go on SL - or I exit to early. Entries I find easier as I like to see thight MA's and do some BO but find that around 50% of BO's seem to be pulling back before I get to sell. Looking forward to class and admire the energy you give us all. (I am 60 years myself:)
4. $APRN “After reverse split, does anything change?” Nothing changes. Just the appearance. They’re trying to remain on the Nasdaq and avoid getting pink sheeted.
5. $BA “Is this a break out or fake out”? ...
- traderbren: $APRN - saw this snippet on the wire; their last effort before they file Chapter 11. It should never have come IPO'd. Blue Apron ($APRN) announced a 1-for-15 reverse stock split, effective after today's market close. The meal kit provider said last month it was considering the split to increase the company's stock price and improve liquidity.
- DAN: @Herb $LYFT One of the single best charts illustrating the importance of inviolable stops. Of course, $APRN is the poster child for stops, but that lesson has been learned by many who hopefully aren't repeating the mistake of using 'hope' as a trading method.
- kt4000: my $APRN, $NTNX, $SYMC moving nicely - $T retracting for ex-div date today, sold $AON buying more $ABBV
- kt4000: Listening to the Webinar - However - Buying $ABBV, sold $APRN I bought yesterday, added more $AON
- indigo1948: @kt4000 $ABBV $APRN $AON -in $ABBV - one I will hold for longer term.
- traderbren: @Reif99 $SFIX - yep, another $APRN in the making.
$APRN – This is what happens when you are “first to market”...with no barrier to entry. (Thinking of a car company.....).
$AMN – not even close to being attractive. It is costing you money.
$NEWR – even ...
- traderbren: #New_issue: $EB - this will go the way of $APRN ...
- traderbren: $SNAP - not surprising. Another case of a biz that shouldn't have gone public. They are still trying to figure out their revenue model. Another $APRN in the making.
14. $APRN/$SPOT – Are you in early? No, you’re in late…paying off the investors who were truly in early.
15. $TSLA – when the bears get too bearish.
16. $VFC – request. Alert $78 breakout buy?
- DAN: $APRN -- down another 8 cents. Now just $1.72 above support.
- Vehid: @DAN $APRN $SPOT is the next? Or just bad IPO timing
- DAN: @Vehid $APRN $SPOT I think they are different.
- debeers: @DAN $APRN -Which, without looking at the stock I presume is zero as that is what its worth........................
- DAN: $APRN -- OK. Looking for a pat on the back here. Did I call this one...or did I call this one??? From $10 down to $1.80...and still just about, um, $1.80 above support (known as the "Worldcom Pattern").
- JonSeale: @DAN $APRN So you're saying it's not a buy? LOL
- bnnybklyn: @DAN $APRN Zacks Investment Research, Inc. upgrades BLUE APRON HOLDINGS INC from BUY to BUY. Now that's QUITE an upgrade !!! lol — 9:12 AM ET 04/03/2018
- DAN: @JonSeale $APRN LOL. Only if you've been short (though I don't think there were available shares to borrow). This has been the most obvious short I've seen in quite some time. What is the competitive advantage? What's the barrier to entry? What is it that makes Blue Apron more compelling to use than Plated, Purple Carrot, or any number of other companies that do the exact same thing? Frankly, the scumbags at Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs and Citigroup should be hanging their heads in shame. But of course, they're not. It was a job well done -- take the shares of a crap company and unload them on an unsuspecting public that knows nothing. It's Darwin's Law in action.
- DAN: @bnnybklyn $APRN Zacks...always a day late and a dollar short. LOL.
- traderbren: @DAN $APRN - yeah, you nailed it. Wish I had got short but shares were HTB. I've receive 3 mailers (snail mail) in the past 3 weeks which is indicative that they are scratching for biz. Plated was very lucky they got acquired when they did as $APRN gave them an exit otherwise they would have died on the plate! ;-)
13. $APRN - why I hate Wall Street IBs.
14. $UTMD - very illiquid. Total speculation. 12/21/24/38 Earnings. 0/3/5/15 Revs.
15. $BFAM - Consistent growth at 29%. 20/21/27/30 Earnings. 10/11/13/10 Revenue.
16. $S - Tight squeeze below 50-da ...
Example: I can wait for Uber to go public. I think that stock will be a better shorting opp than Blue Apron ($APRN) was. Why? For the same reason: Will it gain or lose market share? I think it's already losing market share to Lyft. The most rec ...
- traderbren: @DAN $APRN $SNAP - agreed, a common theme of "pull the wool over the eyes" and dump ... et al Henry Blodget back in the day, and many more today....
- traderbren: #New_IPO -- $SFIX (Stitch Fix) which floats tomorrow. It sounds like another $APRN in the making in terms of the retail crowd getting nailed while the underwriters make hay, plus the CEO will be selling million shares on the IPO. Certainly not a vote of confidence in her company.
21. $APRN – Purple Carrot is good…but they forgot the purple carrots.
- Vehid: @DAN $ROKU Not sure if there is a future for this company as it builds ROKU boxes with competitors such as Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV... I was expecting $APRN type of chart but some people made good money.
- DAN: @Vehid $ROKU $APRN Stay away from it. ROKU was a "Trade". The ticker was irrelevant.
- DAN: $ROKU -- I'm taking a small position here. The stock ran up to $23 and hasn't really reversed. It's just pulled back for the past 20 minutes or so. Because this is a new IPO, I view this as a very high risk trade because we simply don't know where the real supply is. $SNAP and $APRN were pretty easy to figure out...and $UBER will also be pretty easy to figure out -- wait for the peak, and then short the living snot out of it as Wall Street touts the wonders of Uber...and traders give it a lyft (er, I mean lift). DAN
- mradams0621: @DAN $ROKU $SNAP $APRN $UBER Dan, in general, are IPO's good 59min trade candidates? If like $NCNA, they open in the advertised range, and do not sell off immediately, but show no signs of momo, would you take your small gain end of day and move on? If the first day trades "ho-hum", I don't see any reason to hold it overnight. Without momo, news, pumps etc, it's just a crap shoot right? No edge. No reason to stay.
- ATX17: $aprn I know this IPO has been garbage since day 1...but the chart looks like it has good consolidation and a Bollinger band squeeze. $FB is it holding or reversing?
- ATX17: Has $APRN made a base and ready to move up?
- DAN: $APRN -- it's telling when you're looking to see what a stock is trading at, and have to lift the bottom of the chart to find the market price.
- traderbren: @DAN $APRN - LOL...thanks for the laugh!
- Joe1927: @DAN $APRN I was in the foodservice business when the bagel craze started. Stores opened on every corner teaching the joy of water boiled bagels, then $DNKN put 2 pieces of equip. in their shops and overnight became the biggest bagel retailer. It didn’t take long to see for rent signs on a lot of street corners. I keep hearing about the threat from $AMZN which is real, but what about Omaha Steaks, or even $WTW, they both have databases of customers who already buy mail order food. Or maybe I’m missing the bigger picture again, I thought $NFLX was just a mail order Blockbuster Video and wouldn’t last a year.
- ROSEY: @Joe1927 $APRN $DNKN $AMZN $WTW $NFLX R U still in the business, or should i ask....R U watching over the food business of all forms, from field to restaurants and grocers? Dp you have any comments on Kroger, Wendy's, Red Lobster?
- Bridget: $APRN hitting another new low
- DAN: $SNAP $APRN --- man, I am really hoping that Uber goes public soon. I can hardly wait to buy the next big thing. (Well, maybe I'll sell first, and then buy after that. And Marissa Mayer as CEO.? That would be a twofer. Never gonna happen (Meg Whitman would be a better choice. She is actually a good CEO)...but hope springs eternal. Ok...gimme your estimates on SNAP. How long do you think it will be before SNAP goes to single digits? August? September? Later? Never? Who is gonna step up and make the correct prediction?
- GOOSE: @DAN $SNAP $APRN Hey @DAN, Its almost like you are talking to me. I'm no prognosticator, but, I will stick my neck out and say, it will be in single digits by 9/12/17. I think it will pick up velocity the lower it goes. ;>)
- DAN: @GOOSE $SNAP $APRN OK. That's your date. I'm gonna be a bit more conservative and guess....9/18/17 -- the Monday after your date. Anybody else? No snap chatters who think the stock is undervalued?? C'mon! Someone's gotta take the other side of the trade or there is no market. 8:/
- infocus: @DAN $SNAP $APRN My favorite game - I say that it hits 9.98 or lower by 9/1/17. Of course, I'm short calls ;->
- Junior1: @DAN $SNAP $APRN 13 More sessions... August 22nd! I'm long Puts/short Calls.
- infocus: @DAN $SNAP $APRN $SNAP Earnings next Thursday. Catalyst for a "dump" ? (you should excuse the expression)
- GOOSE: @Junior1 $SNAP $APRN Hey, I thought you closed out after that Bull Engulfing candle. ;>) EDITED: BULL NOT BEAR
- dcphinney: @DAN $SNAP $APRN I want a laugh button to click on.
- Junior1: @GOOSE $SNAP $APRN Re-entered this morning after yesterday's Bear Engulfing. Though, not early enough!
- DAN: @DAN $SNAP $APRN Wow. You guys are really aggressive! OK. All dates duly noted. (And nobody is going to defend snaptwit. Hmmm.
- infocus: @DAN $SNAP $APRN Is that a "contrary indicator"?
- DAN: @infocus $SNAP $APRN Might be. When everybody is leaning the same way...the boat tips over.
- ROSEY: @DAN $SNAP $APRN $AAPL $MSFT FORGIVE ME, Dan, if i am misunderstanding the comparison aspect, after the lol, could i ask to enter these two in the game?
DAN: Good morning. We're looking at a flat open as traders wait for earnings numbers from:
Monday: $HAL, $APC, $ARNC, $HAS, and $GOOGL
Tuesday: $MCD, $GM, $AMGN, $CMG, $CAT, $T
Wednesday: $FB, $F, $WFM, $KO, $BA
Thursday: $UPS, $CMCSA $MA, $TWTR, $VZ an ...
- DAN: $SNAP $APRN -- notice that, despite the strength of tech today, Snaptwit is down. It's as if it is trying to catch Blue Apron in a race to the basement. This should tell us something about those stocks. Namely...can you imagine where they'd be if the market was selling off? C'mon Uber! Can't wait to buy that one.
- Forexpro: Re: $APRN Poor $APRN, poorer shareholders. SeekingAlpha reports that $AMZN has applied for a trademark: "We do the prep. You be the chef." Hope your week is off to a great start; all the best!
- audrina0904: @Forexpro $APRN $AMZN - Apron is not an inexpensive service for most people. $AMZN will eat their lunch
- Forexpro: @audrina0904 $APRN $AMZN Thanks, Audrina, We've used Blue Apron, but generally prefer Hello Fresh when we indulge. I would think that an entrance by $AMZN will put a pall over the whole sector, quite possibly even making it more difficult for the fledglings to raise capital in the private equity market. Agreed that $AMZN will almost certainly be willing and able to live with smaller margins. Hope you're thriving; all the best!
- DAN: $APRN -- does this surprise anyone? http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-17/blue-apron-battered-down-40-ipo-day-amazon-files-meal-kit-trademark The venture capitalists, once again, suck the retail public into a stock that's worth a fraction of its sale price. Can't wait for Uber. :-0
- DAN: @audrina0904 $APRN $AMZN Amazon will make their lunch...and sell it to them for cheaper than they can make their own. (Imagine owning the local Whole Foods Market store...and making pre-packaged meals ready to send out pronto. As I've been saying for years, Lex Luthor (Jeff Bezos) is going to take over the world.) Rumor: Amazon is going into the electric car business. Probably won't need the $4 billion in government subsidies though.
- DAN: @Forexpro $APRN $AMZN It's off to a great start unless you're long Snap Apron.
- Junior1: @DAN $APRN Shares are hard to borrow. @DAN How do you feel about synthetic shorting... selling calls/buying puts? In general
- ROSEY: @DAN $APRN $AMZN Have you seen any info. that mentions if they would focus on human driver in control or....?
- DAN: @Junior1 $APRN Always a tough/risky proposition on a high profile IPO like this. Wall Street isn't exactly in the most honest neighborhood in the States. There's a vested interest to pump this stock, if only to put some distance between (1) the inv ...
- DAN: @ROSEY $APRN $AMZN No. I haven't. I don't know that much about it.
- DAN: Good morning. The futures are pointing to a much higher open, with the Dow 30 futures up about 100, and the S&P up around 10.50. Traders are enthusiastic because of a sense of clarity coming from Chair Yellen. Yep. In prepared remarks to the H ...
- cmaxwel1: @DAN $AMZN $SNAP $APRN (you can add me to the $AMZN list, I bought a the hockey puck echo for $35 yesterday). Seems like they have built an Amazon like eco system.
- DAN: @cmaxwel1 $AMZN $SNAP $APRN Great! I think they've got a great suite of products. Having something in my house capturing everything I say is scary. I mutter and talk to myself a lot, and it's not Stuart Smally. More like the Grinch. Last thing I need is the thought police knocking on my door saying, "You crazy!" LOL.
- Upward1: @DAN $AMZN $SNAP $APRN Aw Snap...That's hilarious
- bigbartabs: @DAN $AMZN $SNAP $APRN ... SNAP name change to AW SNAP... either that, or another 4 letter ticker that starts with "S".
- DrScience: @BigJack $APRN perhaps. After $AMZN /$WFM deal announcement, the IPO runners cut price from 15ish to 10ish. Don't know if that's a sign of trouble, or just the company wanting to get money in the bank to expand.
- DAN: $APRN -- Note the round trip in Blue Apron. Opened at $10. Ran to $11...and now back to $10. It's a reflection of the market entironment. Sell into anything. Likely to be pegged at $10. Any break below that is the Wile E. Coyote pattern.
- traderbren: @DAN $APRN - it will likely be defended at $10..for today. I wish the stock was available to short this morning. This is a dog. They had to rush it out given the competition in the space and the recent acquisition of $WFM by $AMZN. Time will tell, but their churn rate is huge coupled with their marketing costs to acquire a subscriber/user.
- DAN: @traderbren $APRN $WFM $AMZN Agreed. I think this stock is going to be a disaster. Nothing proprietary about their model. They send pre-measured ingredients to you house. Great meals, I'm sure. We just ate a Purple Carrot meal last night. It wa ...
|Stock Price||$USD 2.78|
Blue Apron Holdings Inc creates original recipes, which are sent along with fresh, seasonal ingredients, directly to customers for them to prepare, cook, and enjoy.Request Video of APRN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- April 28th, 2020 - 2020 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 143.61 60.12%
- $USD 9.58 20.56%
- $USD 17.59 16.33%
- $USD 10.28 -45.17%
- $USD 70.35 -39.20%
- $USD 6.14 -37.12%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 68,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (68,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!