Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE:BSX)
Old Forum Content for BSXMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Banner: $BSX trying yo break to upside
- Banner: $BSX wanting to break to the upside
- Banner: @bRobert, what are your thoughts on $BSX? Tested the 50 DMA a couple of times, at 8 and 20 DMA, seemto be squeezing, but trading a little erradic
- Banner: $BSX HOD, squeezing and getting read for leg higher
Sher: $BSX - Nice reversal off 5-26-21 PB, following Needham downgrade to "hold" from "buy".
I'm going with Barclay's take on the industry...
Barclays sees "renaissance" in medical device industry
May 25, 2021 2:07 PM ETABT, ...
- ScottT: @Sher $BSX $ABT $EW $ZBH $DXCM $PODD $CNMD $INMD With the pandemic coming to an end I can see hospitals and consumers spending in this sector.
- CraigReynolds: $BSX Posting a "Wow" game for my option play.
- stairm01: $BSX Is breaking above the upper BB. NP
- Snowcat: $BSX appears to be breaking out of a long base or moving up from the bottom of the channel. Anyone interested in commenting?
- tjv821: @Snowcat $BSX looks like it’s found a nice base but isn’t making you any money yet. Prob some better choices out there
- JosephM: $BSX....any thoughts? Healthcare looks primed. Looking at these ETFS $IHI, $XLV, $IYH, $FHLC, $XLV,...they all look real nice. What looks best in healthcare?
- Herb: @issues $EBS $CI $CONE $CRUS $DPX $DQ $ENVA $ICHR $FOCS $GDDY $GO $GSX $KBH $LAKE $MDC $NSIT $PCRS $POWI $QDEL $SIMO $TNK $XP $ZM $AMN $AYX $BAH $BLK $BRBR $BRO $BSX $CHGG $COLD $CTRE $DXCM $ENV $FND $PFSI $RNG $RP $EPAY $SITE $STAG $TEAM $TTD $VAR $AMZN $GOOGL $CABO Thanks. Are $DPX and $PCRS correct symbols?
- issues: @Herb $EBS $CI $CONE $CRUS $DPX $DQ $ENVA $ICHR $FOCS $GDDY $GO $GSX $KBH $LAKE $MDC $NSIT $PCRS $POWI $QDEL $SIMO $TNK $XP $ZM $AMN $AYX $BAH $BLK $BRBR $BRO $BSX $CHGG $COLD $CTRE $DXCM $ENV $FND $PFSI $RNG $RP $EPAY $SITE $STAG $TEAM $TTD $VAR $AMZN $GOOGL $CABO Herb! Thanks for bringing that typo to my attention. The correct symbols would be DPZ (always had trouble typing that Z.) and PCRX (trouble with my little finger typing the X also.) I didn't think anyone read it. At least you did. Thanks!
- issues: On the IBD 50 list is $EBS - develops vaccines against biological agents that are potential weapons. New this week on IBD 50: $CI $CONE $CRUS $DPZ $DQ $ENVA $ICHR $FOCS $GDDY $GO $GSX $KBH $LAKE $MDC $NSIT $PCRX $POWI $QDEL $SIMO $TNK $XP $ZM Many seem related to the overblown Corona panic... Off the IBD 50: $AMN $AYX $BAH $BLK $BRBR $BRO $BSX $CHGG $COLD $CTRE $DXCM $ENV $FND $PFSI $RNG $RP $EPAY $SITE $STAG $TEAM $TTD $VAR Cramer said he expects another down draft this week sometime that will drop below the low on Thursday. I put in low limit orders (small number of shares) on $AMZN $GOOGL and $CABO
- Herb: @issues $EBS $CI $CONE $CRUS $DPX $DQ $ENVA $ICHR $FOCS $GDDY $GO $GSX $KBH $LAKE $MDC $NSIT $PCRS $POWI $QDEL $SIMO $TNK $XP $ZM $AMN $AYX $BAH $BLK $BRBR $BRO $BSX $CHGG $COLD $CTRE $DXCM $ENV $FND $PFSI $RNG $RP $EPAY $SITE $STAG $TEAM $TTD $VAR $AMZN $GOOGL $CABO You bet.
- issues: The IBD 50 has more than half replaced: New on IBD:$AFYA $ARE $AYX $BABA $BAH $BRBR $BSX $COLD $CTRE $DBX $FND $DXCM $EBS $HDB $IIPR $NBIX $NXST $ORCC $PAYC $PENN $PFSI $RGEN
- Bridget: $BSX at the top of the range once again. Will it break out this time. So far not a lot of volume.
- jthomas575: @Bridget $BSX Thx Bridget, took a position @ 43.65 based on the volume and break out above 43.6
- Bridget: $BSX looking close to breaking out to the upside from this squeeze. 50dMA has cauught up
- bRobert: @Bridget $BSX Long and patient .
- CraigReynolds: @Bridget $BSX Was looking at BO $43.50 to buy. Just afraid to enter until it breaks out. What is your BO level. Just missed lower entries, the way market is performing, kind of worried..
- Bridget: @CraigReynolds $BSX I don't want to buy on the breakout, I want to buy near the mean. I started a small position this morning. Using lower BB as the stop. If you buy on the breakout, at $43.50, then use the midpoint of the squeeze as your stop.
- CraigReynolds: @Bridget $BSX Thanks
- bRobert: @CraigReynolds $BSX I don't buy breakouts. I prefer to buy closer to support . Start as a swing trade . Consider partials at top of range. Add on pullback bounces after a confirmed breakout . OR . wait for the breakout. Look for the retest/phase 2 . Buy the phase 3 bounce . Breakout is confirmed
- CraigReynolds: @bRobert $BSX Thanks, understand. You have explained this time and again and makes so much since. It is getting into my mind set. Trying for good entries, and in past when I asked Dan about entry, he has always told me I should nave waited for break out of box. Just seems I do not buy at good entries, yes hindsight is a good educator. At entries, I do set stops. All my entries are small no matter what. Buy small on pull back to mean, add with box breakout---.Thanks again
- bRobert: @CraigReynolds $BSX I buy the bottom of the box and add on the pullback above the top of the box/prior trading range. They all work as long as you define risk to limit losses. Buying the bounce off bottom of the box gets you involved in a low risk swing trade. to start. I don't assume it will break out. I take partials at the top of the range and tighten up my stop on the remainder . If it breaks out, I'm involved with profits from a low cost entry. If it pulls back , I'm stopped out with profits
- Robert1965: @Bridget $BSX for stop at LBB what chart are you using the daily at 5min
- Bridget: @Robert1965 $BSX daily
- Sluggo: @bRobert $BSX Why are you buying when it is still in consolidation? I see it is riding the intertwined 8MA and 20MA. I do this once in a while if the fundies are dynamite, but I normally wait for the breakout.
- Sluggo: $BSX @bRobert I do see that this is a VERY low risk trade while waiting for it to pop. The risk is well defined within $1. OK....
- spmeyers: @CraigReynolds $BSX "Pullback trading" is generally recognized as lower risk than "breakout trading". But it's also true that some of the great traders (Minervini, O'Neil)-- as well as Dan -- wait for breakouts that meet certain criteria (when market conditions are supportive). There are various approaches to adding to a pullback position. Dan has a good video specifically on this type of setup (he doesn't call it 'pullback', I forget his term) -- I think the video title is "my two favorite setups" or something like that
- spmeyers: @bRobert $BSX so you don't add when/if phase 3 achieves a new breakout? I think adding then is the conventional wisdom.
- bRobert: $bsx. Set up. Long
- bRobert: $SYK . poking out . $ZBH . nh . $BSX . nice base . set up $EW . High base . following earnings pop . Very strong. Easier to hold . Partial left
- bRobert: $BCO . Quickly recouping $100 target $ZBH . $SYK . $JYNT .(reports tonight) Joints . are smoking $MASI $MDT . $BSX . Steady holds . $ISRG . coming back .
- bRobert: $SYK $MDT $BSX $MASI Quality med devices $TLT Trailing stops up $MCD $SBUX Slept through the pullback
- BocaRick: $BSX down 2.4% but 20MA is holding so far. placed stop below 42.
- bsnceo: @jwstich $LABU $BX $IBB - should have said $BSX
- bigbartabs: @Robert1965 $ANTM $BSX $CI $HCA $THC $UHS $UNH $WVE $PCMI … Small Cap $RUT $IWM getting killed today due to healthcare. Really feeling the Bern.
- millcreek: $BSX shorted at $37.70. Still going down
- Kasey: $ANTM, $BSX, $CI, $HCA, HUM, $THC, $UHS, $UNH, $WVE, All these (and more) HEALTHCARE stocks hit bottom 3rd Bollinger Band this afternon. Also $PCMI (I.T. sector).
- Robert1965: @Kasey $ANTM $BSX $CI $HCA $THC $UHS $UNH $WVE $PCMI FREE Health Care YEY Bernie
- bRobert: @kt4000 $EW Great company. The addressable market for TAVR is growing rapidly. There will be more competition from $MDT $BSX but there is more than enough to go around. They are the one to beat.
- scottrades: $BSX hit a new 52 Week High on Friday. No Weekly Higher Low has been set but there is some good support on the daily chart.
- bRobert: @scottrades $BSX I"m an owner. Also like $MDT $100+ $ABMD Very high targets from reversal pattern in motion $400/$420 WEEKLY MACD cross, $ISRG , $TDOC $EXAS $IBB and company. Takeover talk will be another catalyst eg $ONCE $INSP set up. Conference 2/28 could be the the little push needed for a breakout and run to $75
- bRobert: $BSX Long term hold with upside to $45+ with confirmed breakout $MDT Clear set up $98 ..........$100 with bullish move . Easy to enter with move >90 then stop just below 50d
- bRobert: $PODD . Bullish set up to watch. $TDOC .$TNDM $EW $INSP . $MDT . tight consolidation $BSX . Not done . Owner from below. Partial profits . As mentioned earlier. Medical devices are working. and setting up for more. Many others also $XYK $ZBH .
- bRobert: $BSX . Earnings pop..Top of range. Could go higher with consolidation $MDT . low risk/high reward with stop $100
- bRobert: $BSX . not a buy day but the WEEKLY is bullish with a $44 + .target.
$BSX – high volume breakout is bullish, but trades very sloppy.
$ISRG – This can be a fast mover for active traders. Alert $520
$LLY – worth watching. Not actionable right now.
$ANTM – holding above 200-day MA.
- Sher: New long call positions: $BSX (Back in with Jan. $37 calls - Took profits w-a-y too early, yesterday); $CVS; $QCOM (Like the chart RHRN). $XLP - Added to Jan. $55 calls
- Sher: @DAN $PFE - I actually like $PFE here... Posted the following last Fri.: "$BSX, $PFE - Added new call positions - $BSX has retraced 50% in 3 days from it's deep-water dive, Nov. 20th.; $PFE - Seeing a hammer candlestick, today, and short-term double bottom in the making." My $PFE call position is up 27%, today - $BSX has now retraced about 55% - Thanks...
- Sher: $BSX, $PFE - Added new call positions, Friday - $BSX has retraced 50% in 3 days from it's deep-water dive, Nov. 20th. - $PFE - Seeing a hammer candlestick, today, and short-term double bottom in the making.
$BSX – weekly
$ZTS – good consolidation above $90
$ESRX – would really like to see this re-set to $95 or so.
$CAT – no. Not the right time in the business cycle. Things aren’t really accelerating. Jus ...
- JJT1: $WMT $PBH $ADTN $MOS $CF $BSX Looking for stocks that are consolidating with 50 day SMA rising through BB $WMT $PBH or have been in uptrend and pulled back to 50 day for support $BSX $CF $MOS $ADTN
- issues: $VIX high was at 19.86. When and if it hits 20 the bottom is near. I don't like getting stopped out at the bottom. I pulled a few of my stops. I will wait it out and buy when the day turns green, perhaps tomorrow!! Getting stopped out at a loss means I won't buy back for a month to avoid the wash sale rule. Stopped out of some very good stocks: $MSFT $UNP $EW $SQ $AMD $DDS $PRAH $TXMD $BSX Ironically $JWN is up on a terrible day!
- steve71: @issues $VIX $MSFT $UNP $EW $SQ $AMD $DDS $PRAH $TXMD $BSX $JWN Interesting that $DDS is weathering the storm, today anyway. Could be buybacks. "Lesser shares buybacks due to soft cash flows are a concern. As of Aug 4 still has $497M of buyback authorization remaining under March 2018 program."- Zacks from mid-August.
- Sluggo: $BSX $MDT $VNOM $CRM $MSFT $V My current portfolio that is left after the 2 day downdraft. Sold gradually some positions before this happened, keeping the ones that are working. $BSX is a buyout candidate from $JNJ, $MDT just bought $MZOR which widens their products and scope, $VNOM is the baby brother of $FANG in the Permian basin with great stats, $CRM is a stalwart, $MSFT and $V.
- bRobert: @Sluggo $BSX $MDT $VNOM $CRM $MSFT $V $JNJ $MZOR $FANG Very nice and succinctly put. Long many. FANG A confirmed WEEKLY range breakout will take this to $160+
- Sluggo: @bRobert $BSX $MDT $VNOM $CRM $MSFT $V $JNJ $MZOR $FANG I try to keep people's attention (sesame street style) to a minimum. I figure you should be able to tell someone in one sentence why you own a particular stock.
- bRobert: @Sluggo $BSX $MDT $VNOM $CRM $MSFT $V $JNJ $MZOR $FANG The simple approach is often the most effective. Especially if it fits in a tweet.
- Sluggo: @bRobert $BSX $MDT $VNOM $CRM $MSFT $V $JNJ $MZOR $FANG It all comes to me by being a sales rep for 42 years. I figure sitting across from a customer, that is you cant make your point in 1 minute, his or hers mind wanders :)
- Sluggo: @bRobert $BSX $MDT $VNOM $CRM $MSFT $V $JNJ $MZOR $FANG Top of the range on $FANG takes us to $137. If it transcends that triple top, than I would be interested. $VNOM seems a lot easier to guage at this point.
- issues: @bRobert $AAPL There was an article today about what stock mutual funds are buying. The article mentioned $CVS $UNP $BIIB $ROST $ABT $HCA $ABMD but did not mention $AAPL In the $200 million club was $BA $TMO $BSX $UAL but not $AAPL!
- bRobert: $BA $SPR $LMT $CAT $MMM $DE $AAPL $IBM $MELI $CELG $GILD $AMGN $BMY $AGN $JNJ $REGN $VRTX $NVS $GILD $CF $XLE $CVX $UNG $GLD/$GDX $UNH $XLU $DIS $DISCA $QCOM $INTC $CSCO $MASI $BSX Some things that are working. Several others treaded water after nice runs. eg $CI $CNC $ANTM . $TMO . $GOOGL $ACIA No cannabis stocks listed Several themes represented here should continue to work . Dillinger robbed banks because that's where the money lived. Follow the stocks with positive price action. That's where the money is.
- traderbren: @bRobert $BA $SPR $LMT $CAT $MMM $DE $AAPL $IBM $MELI $CELG $GILD $AMGN $BMY $AGN $JNJ $REGN $VRTX $NVS $CF $XLE $CVX $UNG $GLD $GDX $UNH $XLU $DIS $DISCA $QCOM $INTC $CSCO $MASI $BSX $CI $CNC $ANTM $TMO $GOOGL $ACIA Thanks for the post. Holding many of the stocks listed.
- bRobert: $BSX nh trailing stops /partials
- bRobert: $PODD WEEKLY c&h / flag $130 target $BSX nh Long term holds $MED Entry point. Long term hold. Partial
- sierramp: $BSX receives FDA approval for Eluvia drug-eluting vascular stent system.
- bRobert: $BSX flag trigger nh
- sierramp: $BSX is on a glorious upward path. 14 year high.
- bRobert: @sierramp $BSX Good chart tied to great company. Easy to hold. No drama.
- sierramp: @bRobert $BSX No drama is my kind of stock. Maybe @Dan should have a No Drama category to go with his GSL?
- bRobert: @sierramp $BSX I think that it is a very important category particularly for the less active trader. buy and hold is not dead. It is not a sin
- DAN: @sierramp $BSX LOL. As I was watching $TLRY, I was thinking the same thing. "Man, I'm too old for this crap!" 8-)
- sierramp: @DAN $BSX $TLRY That's an awesome observation, very descriptive. I was nodding my head in agreement.
- debeers: $BSX-Cops a Jeffries upgrade on medical devices: valves. Medical devices. The sector that keeps on giving.
- bRobert: @debeers $BSX $XLV .
- debeers: @bRobert $BSX $XLV -Have the med device space surrounded, bRobert. LONG BSX.The forum caught this space before anyone else did.
- bRobert: @debeers $BSX $XLV Correct. Same with biotech.
- bRobert: $MDT flag trigger $100+ next This was the weekly measured move target seen in MAY . $BSX Breakout
- sierramp: $BSX cleared Aug 15th high. It is a freight train.
- bRobert: @sierramp $BSX Easy holding stock. Lomg
- bRobert: $BSX Easy to hold. Great company
- bRobert: $BSX Watching and waiting. Sideways consolidation. Buy as close to 50d with stop . Alert $35+
- bRobert: $MDT . Pop on top/bottom line earnings beat. Target $100 (WEEKLY W or range breakout) . Long term hold. Keep an eye on $BSX . Long consolidation. Pinching. Low risk entry.
- WWWilly: $BSX still waiting and watching. NP
- bwcarnation1: @WWWilly $BSX waiting and watching with you, small position
- bRobert: $BSX low risk entry.
- WWWilly: $BSX, starting phase 3. To bad its on Friday and low volume. NP
- issues: @WWWilly $BSX I see higher lows and higher high's but not a clear BO. Maybe it's a "melt up?"
- WWWilly: @issues $BSX Will keep a watch and see what happens Monday.
- Reif99: $BSX phase 2
- bRobert: @Reif99 $BSX Long . Will add with confirmed breakout . phase 3
- traderbren: $BSX - looks constructive given the tape.
- bRobert: @traderbren $BSX Agree . Long
- bRobert: $BSX $MDT $MASI . Medical devices . Holding the course. $BSX breakout
- bRobert: $MDT . $BSX Consolidating . Going higher . $MASI . $120 target $MDT $100 target .
- CraigReynolds: @sierramp $BSX It has improved in addition to the point, chol dropped from 200 to 70; Trig dropped from mid 200 to 73; blood press great. bottom line, I.m off all but 2 of my medicines that I need from open heart surgery back in 2004 and I feel Great all over. Is is the elimination of animal and oil products. It's a feeling like a stock you own going to the moon. I'm a believer.
- CraigReynolds: @champ $BSX My I suggest you get a book by Dr Michael Greger, M.D. "How To Not Die". The first part deals with a number of different diseases and the why's; the second part deals with the daily dozen. A challenge was given to me by my wi ...
|Stock Price||$USD 45.01|
Boston Scientific, Inc., is a developer, manufacturer and marketer of medical devices that are used in a range of interventional medical specialties.Request Video of BSX
Already a member? Sign in here.
- October 27th, 2021 - 2021 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 133.50 21.62%
- $USD 5.68 16.83%
- $USD 221.15 15.68%
- $USD 5.59 -77.72%
- $USD 7.16 -28.28%
- $USD 48.73 -24.36%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 83,100 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (83,100) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!