Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT)
Old Forum Content for CATMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Margi1983: $CAT. This is rebounding off a slight pullback but is still in a squeeze on the daily. Still in trading range within a huge base on the weekly
- lostsheep: #futures - No new years hangover here. Futures up across the board as China’s central bank added to the feel-good factor, announcing on Wednesday it would cut the amount of money banks will be required to have on hand from Monday - in a bid to boost the slowing economy. The reserve requirement ratio will be cut by 50 basis points, which is expected to release about 800 billion yuan ($114.6 billion) into the economy. Don't put the party hats away yet but be careful of over indulging. $CAT should open at a fresh 52 week high and the metals should follow. Happy 2020 to all.
- sniper: @lostsheep $CAT #futures thanks
- debeers: @lostsheep $CAT #futures -Would be very nice as $CMC reports on 1/6.LONG
- lostsheep: $CAT Will open above the recent high of 148.41. The China data. buying in metals as well as the continuing slide in the $DXY will benefit this mult national. Should make a run toward 160 in due time
- Ajax4Hire: @CraigReynolds #option In-the-money; Calls are called away from you. Puts are put to you. Only way an Out-of-the-Money option is exercised is if the Option owner exercises option anyway. This happened to me with $CAT several years ago. Sold Calls which expired on the edge of "Out-of-the-Money" but the Option purchaser exercised anyway. I assume they really wanted $CAT and was willing to pay the additional premium. Truth is stranger than fiction. Never under-estimate the oddity of human behavior.
- bRobert: $DE in the headlights H&S top $160 200d in the conversation Watching Partial profits taken yesterday after good run from below Options collar doing its job $CAT Potential h&s top $130 np $URI potential double top Profits
- jonwest88: @Robert1965 $TTD noticed this one on Friday, I still have a small lot from a year ago and a rebuy from the last failed breakout around 10/30. If $TDD begins to break above $113.5, 115, and 116.5, it looks like it could run into the mid 240's close to 250. Looks like $TWLO is also rising. I think these are contra China trade deal plays like earlier in the year when all the scuttlebutt was favoring growth stocks that would not be affected by China trade, i.e. $CAT, $CMI, etc etc
- bRobert: $DE . flag trigger . Great base . $200+ $CAT . $URI . perky . $UAL . zig . Reversal . $96/$120 . $IR . flag trigger . $134 $CC . ADD . $21 . $LMT reversal . $395 with flag trigger and bounce >50d $BEAT . >50d . W . $45 . target 1 $47 . to follow
- bRobert: $UUP . Pullback in the US dollar a tailwind for commodities . eg $USO . $GLD . multinational sales US corporations . $CAT . WEEKLY ooze out . $165+ . Hedge funds closing out shorts $DE nh . $IR nh . $HON . close to nh .
- debeers: $CAT-up from the depth +4% today following along with $MTZ and $BLDR. $BOOT-a construction play and if the market ramps you won't have time for yoga, as you'll be too busy building buildings, and buying $UPHI and going to get supplies to have time for it. Industrials may finally start to ramp which will be great because the Fed needs to see some inflation.
- bRobert: @debeers $CAT $MTZ $BLDR $BOOT $UPHI $Cat is a high beta play. $Uri another. Oil bullish move a potential kicker. $DE. Great base. $200+ . Solid. Long calls
- debeers: @bRobert $CAT $MTZ $BLDR $BOOT $UPHI $Cat $Uri $DE -have a great weekend, sir
- bRobert: @debeers $CAT $MTZ $BLDR $BOOT $UPHI $Cat $Uri $DE You as well. Do the things you love and love the things you do. Very important
- bRobert: $USO $12+ W target Long high beta plays $DE flag $200 high base target Long from below $URI $CAT (extended) work as well $HON $IR long term holding stocks Should be testing highs soon
- bRobert: $URI . earnings in rear view Reversal Top of range . $150/160 with breakout $CAT . . $160 . Look for pb/bounce or breakout pb/bounce $DE . $200 . Pb/retest
- DAN: Good morning. The S&P is set to open slightly lower today. Caterpillar ($CAT) missed estimates and Boeing ($BA) had mixed results Cat's down and Ba's up -- but not enough to make a difference. Regarding Boeing, I suspect that this stock will b ...
- chrismibs: @scottrades @bridget $CAT Do either of you see the making of a (near) completed W pattern? I "might" but not sure about where the break would go and thus the implied measured move.
- Bridget: @chrismibs $CAT I'm not familiar with a "measured move" for "W" patterns. All I see is $CAT has been trading in a range ($115-140) for the last year. So I would expect it get back up to around $140.
- gwenzee: @Bridget @Chrismibs $CAT "W" pattern is in essence a double bottom pattern. Let's call the tops of the "W" left, middle and right. Draw a resistance line from left to right to form a neckline. To find the measured move objective for a double bottom pattern, you simply take the distance from the two bottoms to the neckline and extend that same distance to a higher, future level in the market. In the case of CAT you should be looking around $150. Hope this helps.
- chrismibs: @gwenzee @scottrades $CAT Thanks @gwenzee and @Bridget for your replies. I was tentative about whether this was the right place to look for such a pattern and your comments reinforce that trading is an art. Regardless, $CAT seems to be an interesting name as this morning is was a reason for the Dow opening in the red due to its poor results, yet ends the day finishing up 1.2%. @Dan says expect the expected, and $CAT "should" have been down yet with this move is now in the green and above the 50sma on both the daily and the weekly. Intriguing, as I unfortunately was not watching it when it was transitioning from red to green today.
- gwenzee: @chrismibs $CAT Your welcome. As the old saying goes, "I know enough to be dangerous." There are so many places we can access info. My "cheap and dirty" way is Google. Another great site (free) is www.hitandruncandlesticks.com/RightWayOptions. Doug Campbell is an excellent teacher.
- bRobert: $CAT Top of range . Extended >50d . heading into earnings 10/23 . Earnings will be good read into the world economy . $DE . Squeeze out . continues . This will move with CAT . good or bad .
- Bob G: @bRobert $DE took a little bite at $171 and thought about calls today until the downgrade of $CAT. Downgrade and Brexit weekend thought it might be best to wait until Monday to make sure the market doesn't implode while we're out for the weekend
- bRobert: $DE Very perky pinch Best chart in equipment Overweight $URI reversal in motion $CAT $138 catch up
- Bob G: @bRobert $DE $CAT $HON $IR Can you please help me understand the reversal target of $195 on $DE?
- bRobert: $DE .Nh . $195 . reversal target . Long partial . Lookin to add on pb/bounces $CAT . breakaway gap . aHigh beta play $HON . $IR . Quality . Cheap on the rebound
- bRobert: $CAT $110 bearish WEEKLY swing target $117 h&s target
- traderbren: @Bridget $DE - agreed, I was looking at it this afternoon vs. $CAT. $DE looks very constructive here. NP
$CAT - dropped every day last week to put in a lower high on the weekly chart. The long-term downtrend that started in early 2018 is persisting into the year end. Major support is in the $110-$115 area. Earnings are due out on 10/23.
$DHR - closed ...
- Greendayguy: Good day for my positions. $CAT, $ENPH, $PII, $XLE.
- Mitchell: 9/11/2019 Trading Notes $CAT - shares have had a nice rally over the last 3 weeks, but the long-term downtrending channel from early 2018 is still in place. Watch to see if shares can move above $135-$136 on a weekly basis over the next couple of weeks. $PNW - snapped a 4-day losing streak after retesting the 200-day SMA $RF - third consecutive week of gains in progress. Watch to see if it can close above $16 on a weekly basis to confirm a breakout above 2019's resistance level. $VZ - trying to take out the $60 resistance level for the fourth time this year after a series of higher lows. A close above $60 this week sets up for the next leg higher. The stock goes ex-dividend on 10/9 ($0.615 per share). $XRT - breaking out on increasing volume above the descending triangle that has been in the works for over a year
- champ: @Mitchell $CAT $PNW $RF $VZ $XRT --- On $XRT, one could also say, Day-6, and the retail sector is still moving up off of the 9/3 low. .....On $VZ , one could also say this lager is following $T, breakout and $CTL, is also really strong, and both are working off of News.
- ginice: @Mitchell $AVGO $CAT $DECK $DFS $HYG $SAM $SLB $TER $UAA $WTIC $XLRE $AMT $CCI $PLD $SPG $EQIX Thanks for your notes. Very concise and precise. Easy to know what you are looking at. You are a jewel.
- jknyborg: @Mitchell $AVGO $CAT $DECK $DFS $HYG $SAM $SLB $TER $UAA $WTIC $XLRE $AMT $CCI $PLD $SPG $EQIX Just discoverd your notes. Nice to have these views at stocks as well. Thx
$CAT - RSI is starting to trend higher after bottoming near the 30 reading. The stock is seeing buyers step in at the $118-$120 level again.
$DECK - seeing buyers step in on the retest of the 200-day SMA (third time since October). The first major ...
- mradams0621: @cb $W Thanks for the reply. I wish you luck. I would need a trigger. Got a bunch on my watch list but no triggers. I do not do well with bottom picking but it's sure great when it works. I'm watching $DE, $CAT, $I, $FDX, and a bunch more but in this market, I'll set on my hands and wait for setups with triggers and volume confirmation. Thanks again.
- cb: @mradams0621 $W $DE $CAT $I $FDX Yes, Sir. My trigger that i am watching today is 121.23 if it gets through that would have been great since i first posted on this ticker the Vix turned up and $W turned down with that thats why small is great to start with and always add when the trigger is pulled. I generally add small on pullbacks. Thanks and the best to you my freind, I usually don't have the luxury to respond timely to post i wish i did, i really appreciate all of you in this forum....
- traderbren: $CAT - still working on the gap filling...
- CraigReynolds: @debeers $BA This may be the key that everyone that wanted to sell, will sell. Pilots love the plane I understand. $CAT $BA & Mueller will be the news of the day. Turn off the news sources, a good date for research and setups. Maybe study some of Dan's videos/wisdom. Have a great day.
- DrScience: $CAT 59 Minute Trade. Actually a 2 minute, 25 second trade. BTO AUG 130 Puts @ 2.79... STC @ 3.65. Now waiting for test at $130/VWAP/ 50 DMA to re-evaluate new short entry. Stock is still below the opening print
- traderbren: $CAT - constructive on this morning's drop; dragon fly doji in the making...
- Ajax4Hire: @bRobert $IYT $CMI "As $CAT goes so goes $CMI" has been my oracle for the Diesel Engine Manufacture.
- snowbound: $CMI .. now offering off-site diagnosis for dealers. All new PACCARs come with lane departure alert and anti-collision braking (which, BTW, Peterbilt can't seem to get to work correctly). A stretched labor market making entry level diesel techs hard to keep, if they can't fix the systems promptly the truck goes back out with the defect (including possible hard breaking events at false system alerts). $CAT handed the on-road diesel market to CMI and now it owns it ... looking for an entry on PB..
- champ: $BA $CAT $UNH. are mostly the reasons why the markets are down, other than that everything else looks mostly positive and I'm still holding $SSO. $SPY is still up $0.64, right below HOD.
- kt4000: Great trade with $KKR - just took profits on 1/2 of the positions nice gains... thanks @bRobert.... also sold all of my $CAT yesterday except 100 shares..... all good.... $MRVL kicking tail keeping that - sold 1/2 positions in $AMZN leaving option positions on during earnings, also $MGI doing great, and $PAYS which I picked up yesterday on a full position under tight stop low risk...... Wow thanks @Dan!
- kt4000: sold $CAT (took Div & a gain) this morning, sold $NFLX on uptick adde more covered Calls on my $TWLO holdings, Looking to add more $WEX on volume. Full positions in $KKR, $MRVL, $MGI, $AMZN (both options and Stock), small position in $ULTA and want to expand after earnings.
- bRobert: $DE $175+ target 1 with breakout $CAT $144 target
- bRobert: $URI $145 swing target 1 Much higher long term Long from swing low. $DE $CAT perky set ups
- bRobert: $CAT $DE at resistance. Huge reversal set ups.. Good catalyst needed Something to do with trade perhaps.
- kt4000: sold $CAT - added more $TWLO to the position.
- kt4000: Doubled up on $KKR when it dipped yesterday - still going strong.... added more $MRVL this morning, started positions in $TWLO, $BCO, added $LSI for dividend and growth..... picked up some $CAT also.
- champ: @Mitchell $CAT $DE $FDX $GS $MPC $PNC $RTN --- I wouldn't be surprise if this stock move through that resistance level, the surprise would have been, if it did that today. The markets turned off of HOD and most all stocks followed. This stock will also follow the markets. Up 1.10% today, outperformed the markets. Up 4.75% in the last 5-days, outperformed the market. Up 13.35%, in the last 30 days, outperformed the market. ......The bottom line is, watch the #Markets, this stock could breakout, with the Markets, all stocks need the markets, at this level. I'm not predicting the markets, I'm just saying, all investors better be watching the markets and the #News...for sure. NP, for now.
- baronp0329: @bRobert $DE $CAT, same Bearish engulfing. Short CAT with BeCS (Bridget's OMM trade to take advantage of "Sell the China Trade news"). May do the same bearish trade on DE, watching it for now.
- bRobert: @baronp0329 $DE $CAT I'm not sure how much of a pullback you will see. It may trade mostly . sideways .
- baronp0329: @bRobert $DE $CAT Yes, you could be correct. At least sideways will work for the BeCS trade.
- bRobert: @baronp0329 $DE $CAT Seeing some buying interest. Off LOD .
- baronp0329: @bRobert $DE $CAT Just saw that CAT had little spike to below VWAP. Had to step away for a Conf call. Let's see how it reacts tomorrow. Good to see you posting again.
$CAT - bearish reversal from the open after testing $140. Earnings are due out on 7/24 and shares go ex-dividend on 7/19 (pays $1.03 per share).
$DE - similar move to CAT and it needed up closing lower on the session. The stock doesn't have to retu ...
- indigo1948: $CAT, $DE, $BABA - sold June 21st puts on these and at expiration they are up 98-99 per cent. I believe Dan once commented on the benefits of selling premium - it has paid off nicely for me on these issues- this a thank you to Dan.
- bRobert: $URI $CAT $DE You need these machines to build,dig,farm Reversal patterns all triggered High retests
- bRobert: @debeers $URI . Daily/WEEKLY swing trade cash machine for me until the range is broken . Expecting $142+ . again . Also reversal in motion with same target on daily $126 neckline . Head $110 . LONG from swing low along with $DE . $CAT . calls . (funny)
- debeers: @bRobert $URI $DE $CAT - Any improvement in trade situation would be HUUGE for these guys. LONG $URI
- bRobert: $CAT reversal $130 neckline $140 target Watching Along with $DE $URI . reversals
- bRobert: @champ $DE #Bounce-Trade #Day-1 $DE $CAT $URI reversal patterns in play
- debeers: @bRobert $DE $CAT $URI #Bounce-Trade #Day-1 Love the leadership in $URI but this one desperately needs trade agreement w/mexico and canada ratified AND a rate cut.
- champ: @bRobert $DE $CAT $URI #Bounce-Trade ......#Day-1 on this upgrade today, on $DE, because of that News, this might continue. I like the other 2... but for now.... NP's....because everything is zig-zagging.
Just look at $CAT, today and compare with $DE...see charts.
The farming sector, is also moving today, on targeted stock names, fertilizers.
$MOS, also had a great upgrade today.
Give a stock, a few positive reasons, off of news and that is called ...
- bRobert: $URI $DE $CAT Reversal patterns undergoing right shoulder surgery . Watching for triggers which will bring highs in play.
- debeers: @bRobert $URI $DE $CAT -If there is any underlying weakness in the economy (and i think there will be) more renting than buying(URI) and i just want a little more discouraging news to make me buy it.
- bRobert: @debeers $URI $DE $CAT You can wait and see how the patterns develop. You just have to be right, not early
- champ: $SPY $DJI...don't really know how many shorts are still left in the markets, from yesterdays swingers but they are zig-zagging the markets. We will find out real soon, buyers are still active, could even pick-up going into the close. The close today, will be real important for the markets...could have a nice set-up for tomorrow....we will find out, in the next 90-minutes. $BA $APPL $CAT $T $HD and others are helping to keep the markets on track...still looks positive.
- champ: $SPY $DJI....down around -310 points but dancing. I can't help but to guess, that this is going to be one of those Friday's, where the markets could sell-off, going into the close. Without any positive news, traders and investors will take even more profits off of all the majors. Like all the Fang-stocks, plus $CAT $BA and many others. ....... Negotiations are over and I'm not hearing anything, about any.... News-briefing, that is set before the close. This sure looks to be a negative set-up, for the close.
- CraigReynolds: @champ $SPY $DJI $CAT $BA China going home or will continue over weekend?
- champ: @CraigReynolds $SPY $DJI $CAT $BA --- They are going to catch their flight, without any meeting with the President and also without a joint News-Briefing, like they had in the past. So for now, this trade war will continue. However, the markets turned off of the low and the DJI, is only down 180 points, RHRN but dancing... but this might be all we get, before the markets make a U-Turn.
- bRobert: $URI Took partials a few days ago....extended . $CAT h&s top $DE Back into congestion h&s top
- bRobert: $DE $CAT $URI You need these for infrastructure projects. Pin action to follow from $MLM . $EXP . $VMC $USCR Add $TEX to the mix . Reversal pattern $42 target 1 .
- bRobert: $CAT $URI . Green . $DE big reversal hammer. Infrastructure pin action. Strike ball coming .
- bRobert: $URI . flag trigger . Higher high. $170 next target. A bit extended. I will add . on pb/bounces > . $140 LONG with $DE . $CAT . All moving much higher
- bRobert: $CAT ADD $URI holding $170+ Trailer Don't look down $DE Stop raised
- bRobert: $URI Perky with $CAT $DE Rise of the machines. Not a great entry $170+ target 1 NICE WEEKLY W
- bRobert: $CAT . earnings/revenue beat. Ultimately should boost the sector. $DE . $URI . High targets for all. Long $CAT $URI $DE . I will add to $CAT on pb/bounces closer to the 20d .
- indigo1948: @bRobert $CAT $DE $URI -with you on $CAT and $DE. -very long both of these and looking to enter $URI on any pullback. $CAT has 11:00 AM conference call and it appears they are well positioned for remainder of year. All the best
- bRobert: @indigo1948 $CAT $DE $URI Long base in place for $DE $CAT . Target 1 . $200/$165 . respectively. $URI . $140/$170/$245+
- traderbren: $CAT - offered a great entry after kissing the 50d this morning. Got long Jun $140 calls.
- bRobert: @traderbren $CAT $DE offering a great opportunity on throwback/retest Green print candle last ingredient to a winning trade. $200+ c&h target 1
- bRobert: @Ringo $IRBT Wait. I'm not sure what the allure is and I own it from way below. Took partials and was nicely hedged. There is so much working in this market. Many great stocks are setting up across multiple spaces. eg clouds $WDAY $AYX cyber $PANW Retail eg DG $SHW phase 2 $VLO and many other energy names. $DE $CAT $MAN $CP (look for pb/bounce) $DIN $BCO $R $OFFL $GS consolidation. $JPM flag This is a spec and should receive a small amount of your attention and capital. IMHO
- Bogeyboy: @bRobert $IRBT $WDAY $AYX $PANW $SHW $VLO $DE $CAT $MAN $CP $DIN $BCO $R $OFFL $GS $JPM Are you planning on holding $VLO through ER tomorrow morning? I have a half postion, and I am down, after today's action, by 0.28%. I am thinking I should fold my hand and see what it looks like after the opening bell. Thoughts?
- bRobert: @Bogeyboy $IRBT $WDAY $AYX $PANW $SHW $VLO $DE $CAT $MAN $CP $DIN $BCO $R $OFFL $GS $JPM Earnings are always a bit of a crap shoot unless you are breaking the law and engaging in insider trading. If you are trading a small position and have a long term view, I think you are fine. I am a long term holder of stocks. I don't liquidate holdings every quarter but I mitigate earnings risk by taking partial profits, adjusting position size, hedging with options.
- bRobert: $CAT Long term hold. There will be pin action tomorrow Reports tomorrow pre. Long $DE $200+ $URI $140/$170/$185 Baby steps. I will waiting to add on pb/bounces particularly if negative reaction to $CAT
- bRobert: $URI . $140 . target 1 . close enough for government use. $170/$185 next Looking for an opportunistic pullback/bounce to add . May get it if there is a lukewarm $CAT lurking. Expect opportunities to be brief.
- bRobert: $DE . $200 . WEEKLY . c&h . Pin action from $CAT . 4/24 . Long term hold from below. $URI . consolidation here would be fine. $140/$170/ $240 . down the road . LONG term hold
- bRobert: @DrScience $DE One of my favorites. Strong WEEKLY $200+ price tag to start Long term hold wit $CAT $URI Rise of the machines
- bRobert: $URI $DE $CAT Rise of the machines. $URI painted a bright US picture $CAT will give t you the global view next week 4/24 It has been climbing despite downgrades . The tea leaves/charts speak a different truth . $DE reports 5/17 Breaking out from a WEEKLY cup&h like base. $200 Close to 20% upside I own these as long term holds Scale in on pb/bounces Invest with more confidence in $CAT after earnings Dillinger robbed banks because that's where the money was. Gravitate to the strong money charts.
- Remington: @bRobert $URI $DE $CAT Anyone nibbling on $LABU here?
- debeers: @bRobert $URI $DE $CAT -Do youj thin k you can arrange it for the $URI folks to do the $CAT call???????LOL $CAT- you cannot have a road without a $CAT but i am holding off on this one until the building sector gets a teensy bit more traction.
- Remington: @Remington $URI $DE $CAT $LABU I bought small pos. at 83 around the 100 DMA not sure it will hold, stop tight below
- Remington: @Remington $URI $DE $CAT $LABU sorry I bought LABU at 45.50 when the XBI was at 83 its 100 DMA
- bRobert: @Remington $URI $DE $CAT $LABU Too many other things are working without getting involved in a more complicated high maintenance trade . right now. Healthcare will set up . Easier to focus on stuff printing nh's No resistance. $IBB gap was filled $102 area Do I think there is a counter trade? Yes Not into that right now. Easier loading up on a $DE that is not in the headlights
- Robert1965: @bRobert $URI $DE $CAT Is it time to buy $DE
|Stock Price||$USD 121.92|
Caterpillar Inc is a manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. It also provides financial services through its subsidiaries.Request Video of CAT
Already a member? Sign in here.
- Caterpillar: Above the 200 Day Moving Average (NYSE:CAT) (NYSE:EEM)By Josh September 16th, 2013
- Caterpillar: This cat wants to play (NYSE:CAT)By Josh August 15th, 2013
- April 28th, 2020 - 2020 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 39.85 18.29%
- $USD 121.92 15.48%
- $USD 8.72 -1.71%
- $USD 6.29 -23.55%
- $USD 49.14 -14.93%
- $USD 14.36 -10.63%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 69,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (69,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!