Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. (NYSE:CLF)
Old Forum Content for CLFMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Auto: $CLF getting a bid
- Herb: @DAN $VIPS $SPX $DJI $DJT $NDX $NET $DOCU $EHTH $RH $DLTR $KSS $HD $ICE $QDEL $MSFT $GOOGL $PM $MO $VGR $CCL $RCL $NCLH $USCR $FRTA $SUM $GVA $ROAD $X $CLF $CMC $CAT $NUE $GENC $SCCO $J One thing that caught my eye on your $VIPS chart was the way it filled that big gap up. It's like it needed to do that in order to get permission to start going up again. . . . .
- Nepenthe: $CLF Spec. position off today's low. Don't want to waste too much time with it. A tnt favorite. Will see how it plays out over the next few days. Cheers.
- Nepenthe: $CLF Was almost out of my last position, then it bounced; don't know why and don't care. Added but with a wary eye on it. Would like to see it close above the 50ma. Cheers.
- lostsheep: @Nepenthe $CLF $XLB.$XME materials and metals bouncing off support
- Nepenthe: @lostsheep $CLF $XLB $XME Cursory glance at the XME this morning, then forgot about it. Thanks for the confirmation. Cheers.
- Auto: $VIPS $PYPL added $LK bull engulf $CLF added
- traderbren: $CLF -- providing a low risk oppty with the move off the 50 dma.
- Auto: $CLF bouncing off the 50
- Nepenthe: @tnt $CLF Wondering what your thoughts are after its big plunge Thursday. I have a stop below today's low for the rest of my position; it's been a profitable trade so I don't want to lose that. Last time it fell below the 50ma it rebounded. Cheers.
- tnt: @Nepenthe $CLF I am long. Looks like we have a doji printing today which could reflect short term lows here.
- Auto: $JD $CLF $TSLA $STNE $ARR $VIPS $CPRT added continues north 8>)
- Nepenthe: $CLF Big volume and big red bar. Nearing 50ma. I know it's X-Div, but for .06 I can't envision a lot of selling. Maybe reaction to $X cutting its dividend. Anybody know what's up? My smallish position may go bye bye. Cheers.
- Sher: @Nepenthe $CLF - I, too, am baffled by the stock's nearly 6% sell-off response, today, which is hitting my Feb. options hard... The plunge has taken it back down to the 50-day.
- tnt: $CLF pushing higher out of 3 week bull flag. This freight train looks headed back to summer highs near $11-$12. Massive 107 million shares short need covered https://www.tradingview.com/chart/CLF/nwrEOMcY-CLF-Insiders-buying-107-million-short-Massive-shortsqueeze/
- champ: @tnt $CLF --- I'm still holding, that was a nice low in early December. China, is helping out all the commodity trades.
- tnt: $CLF took everyone by surprise & scooped up $AKS on the cheap making $CLF a vertically integrated steel short eating monster. 107,140,000 shares are sold short. $CLF is now consolidating the post merger run in a bullish flag formation. I am a buyer at these levels look for the next leg to be up and longer term to $11.50 https://www.tradingview.com/chart/CLF/ZX8PsKqG-CLF-11-50-target-Bull-Flag-107-000-000-short-shortsqueeze/
- Nepenthe: @tnt $CLF $AKS $SPWR Thanks for that update. I sold most when it hit 9, holding a small position, and will add once it shows signs of heading that way again. Your thesis is much appreciated. You also mentioned $SPWR. NP at the moment but noticed it bounced off the 20ma today. Might start a small one with the expectation of it breaking above the 50ma. Cheers.
- tnt: Steel names look buyable on this pullback. $X $CLF are my two favorites. Opportunity to buy on a dip right here
- Auto: $CLF $KSS $AMD $ABT $SOLY continues north 8>)
- Auto: $CLF contiunes north $JD $AMD added
- champ: $USCR,@ Day-3, --- $SUM $ROAD $CMC $CLF....my infrastructure stocks are working...and $HD, is now Day-5 off of the #Bounce-Trade-entry....and $LOW, is just running flat over the last 5-days. All are swing positions.
- tnt: @champ $USCR $SUM $ROAD $CMC $CLF $HD $LOW #Bounce-Trade-entry . Yes sir! I am long $USCR $CLF. I sold my $SUM here and plowing those profits into $EXP which is setting up beautifully. Also, Buying $X here on the dip today. #infrastructure
- champ: @tnt $USCR $SUM $ROAD $CMC $CLF $HD $LOW $EXP $X #Bounce-Trade-entry #infrastructure -- I have posted on $EXP many time before but NP for now. On steel, I like steel companies that have niche reasons and $CMC, is a huge player #primarily in rebar, with many facilities, for #all the rebar needs in the U.S., they also invented a new easier way to unroll rebar, on the construction sites. They are huge in steel fencing posts, plus other products, this is a niche steel producer.
- Auto: $ACA $CLF $SOLY $AMZN $ZM added long
- Auto: $CHNG $CLF added working
- baronp0329: @bRobert $TNDM $PODD $DXCM Agree, better to wait for confirmation next week on TNDM. BTW, my steel-related positions aren't behaving well today: $X $CLF, having trouble with 200d.
- bRobert: @baronp0329 $TNDM $PODD $DXCM $X $CLF X . pullback/flag from 200d . Expected speed bump . Hit $14.5 . enough times and it will crack . Another possible speed bump at $15.+ . area
4.35% $CLF Cleveland-Cliffs Inc
4.24% $CMP Compass Minerals International Inc
4.05% $ARCH Arch Coal Inc
4.03% $RGLD Royal Gold Inc
$XLB - Materials Select Sector SPDR ETF(top 15)
16.03% $LIN Linde PLC
7.35% $APD Air Products and Chemicals Inc
- Auto: $CLF continues north 8>)
- Cat: @Auto $CLF There has been chatter that $CLF was considering buying $X
- Auto: $CLF continues to head north 8>)
- champ: $CLF, @ $8.50, insiders buying, SEC filings, buys within the last few days and today another nice buy, director Koci, 12/9, and also on 12/6, director Miller, these new buys are over $8.00. 12.9K @ $8.11 and 9.09K., at $8.23, investment positions. Timing, by both of these director's, is the hope and I'm also holding a Spec position.
- Auto: $VIPS $CLF $LEVI continues north 8>)
- Nepenthe: $CLF Got caught by the unexpected acquisition yesterday. So I doubled down near yesterday's low, and now performing quite well for a bounce. 9 was my original thesis. Will look to see if it can break above 8, and the 100ma. Any ideas? Cheers.
- champ: @Nepenthe $CLF --- You are on top of this trade and those traders/investors who hesitate on their entry targets, will never make nice profits,....real #Nice, you were ready and waiting and my idea, is the same as yours, that is exactly how profits are made.
- baronp0329: @bRobert $SHOP $BBBY $GOOGL $X $NUE $STLD Yes, I see the 14/15 possible resistance on $X. Got a starter with Dec calls, will add above 14. Maybe they'll be purchased by $NUE similar to $CLF purchased of $AKS
- djmurph: @Nepenthe $CLF Looking at the same thing. Got in at 7.46 and raised my stop today to break-even. May raise that further depending on how today shakes out.
- issues: @baronp0329 $SHOP $BBBY $GOOGL $X $NUE $STLD $CLF $AKS I would like to see Jimmy Cramer pump $W. We hold a small position and made big $ last year with Christmas sales!
- baronp0329: @issues $SHOP $BBBY $GOOGL $X $NUE $STLD $CLF $AKS $W I don't follow $W, but $W chart got spanked after earnings! Maybe you can Tweet or email Cramer and he'll help you out with W...haha. Good luck.
- bRobert: @baronp0329 $SHOP $BBBY $GOOGL $X $NUE $STLD $CLF $AKS $W W chart has a lot of pain WEEKLY flag $60 If it breaks . Double bottom if it decides to start the new year with a positive outlook ...np SHOP was already well in motion before today's pump .
- debeers: $CLF/$AKS-Cliffs bought $AKS-the weak sister got bought because that is where $CLF can render the most improvement.
- indigo1948: @debeers $CLF $AKS - very familiar with $CLF - they are very active in the Iron Range of Northern Minnesota.
- Auto: $CLF watching for a break $7.38
- Auto: $CLF high of the day RHRN 41% short Int
- Auto: $AKS Acquirer $CLF June 30 2020
- Auto: $CLF short squeeze working
- mogo: $CLF Looks like today is "phase 3". Doubled-up to full position.
- captron: @mogo $CLF I'm seeing a possible break from a squeeze on the daily.
- mogo: @captron $CLF I'll take either interpretation! :)
- captron: $CLF @mogo . Just looked at the short interest on this ticker and it's over 8 days. Could give it a boost if it goes up again tomorrow.
- captron: @mogo $CLF It looks buyable right here to me with a target of around 12. Volume was good today for a down day. May take some myself tomorrow.
- mogo: @captron $CLF I wonder what happened at around 3:10 to start a rally though the $8.30 resistance, with relatively high volume.
- captron: @mogo $CLF They declared a 0.06 div payable 1/15 to stock holders of record 1/3. I don't think that would do it but who knows.If you bought a million shares today, it would be a nice reward.
- Auto: $PI bounce off 50 added $TWTR added $CLF working thanks Scott $CRPT working added
- tnt: $CLF 42% of float sold short. Bullish action with strong volume coming off a 2 month base
- Showmethemoney: @tnt $CLF picked up some here as a starter position.
- tnt: @Showmethemoney $CLF We already have a full day's volume before lunch
- sierramp: @tnt $CLF Move above 11-4 resistance as well. Hope those 42% feel compelled to cover before the weekend.
- Showmethemoney: @tnt $CLF I’ve always done well with $CLF haven’t been in it for sometime
- tnt: @Showmethemoney $CLF CLF 42% of shares short and Toledo HBI plant opening in May/June. Positive catalyst on the horizon should keep a bid here
- bwcarnation1: @tnt $CLF this was a final trade on fast money halftime today
- champ: @yongli --- $CLAR $CROX $ANF $DLTH $GOOS $JCP $KSS $LOW $HD $LULU $OLLI $URBN...these are my retail names. Other positions $PANW $FTNT $DELL $DRI $MCD $CLF $CMC $GVA $ROAD $SUM $UPS $CNMD $HRI $KMI $UPS, $USM $WWE $ZG $SLCA $LBRT $SOI $FISB
- yongli: @champ $CLAR $CROX $ANF $DLTH $GOOS $JCP $KSS $LOW $HD $LULU $OLLI $URBN $PANW $FTNT $DELL $DRI $MCD $CLF $CMC $GVA $ROAD $SUM $UPS $CNMD $HRI $KMI $USM $WWE $ZG $SLCA $LBRT $SOI $FISB These are for swing trade ?
- champ: @yongli $CLAR $CROX $ANF $DLTH $GOOS $JCP $KSS $LOW $HD $LULU $OLLI $URBN $PAYS $PANW $FTNT $DELL $DRI $MCD $CLF $CMC $GVA $ROAD $SUM $UPS $CNMD $HRI $KMI $USM $WWE $ZG $SLCA $LBRT $SOI $FISB... Yes and some are new.
- champ: #Update.....$SUM $GVA $CMC $CLF $URI $HRI $TNA.... the #Construction-Spending, economic report for the month of October, had a huge beat, that report bounced certain stocks, might continue moving. I posted an alert post, yesterday about this upcoming report.
- champ: $CLF @ $7, could be that the low is in at $6.56.
- Nepenthe: @champ $CLF I got back in at 6.73, with a stop just below the low. Small spec trade, FWIW. Cheers.
- champ: @Nepenthe $CLF --- Great entry and the news from the steel companies, that I have read off of their ER reports, is demand is climbing. My guess is, this stock has #entry-timing. This is a hold and wait to be rewarded, investment position, for 2020. $CMC @ $19.00, check out this steel rebar company, for all types of construction.
- Nepenthe: @champ $CLF $CMC #entry-timing Thanks for the follow-up; as always, we appreciate your input. I will be holding and adding accordingly. Cheers.
- Nepenthe: @tnt $CLF are still in this? Looks like a triple bottom with higher than average volume today. Earnings tomorrow morning, and am holding a very small position over for feces and giggles. Any words of wisdom or have you moved on from it? Cheers.
- baronp0329: Earnings season $NFLX $DPZ $DAL $AAPL $FB $AZZ $JPM $SNAP $UNH $LEVI $BAC $CLF $SQ $T $DIS $GS $BA $JNJ $HELE $WFC $TWTR $C $V $FAST $GE $APHA $INFY $CVS $ALLY $CMG $KO $INTC $F $MA $ABT $SCHW $MCD $NOK $PM $PLD $SAR $HAL $WBA $AXP $XLNX $PFE $PG
- PRK: $CLF Cleveland Clifs just added to the S&P Small Cap 600. Up nicely today.
- champ: $CLF, I took profits because $X, they guided lower after the close, before earnings again, just like they did last time. I had NP, in $X.
- champ: $CMC...steel rebar, $CLF $SCHN .....all the steel names might work, because of positive China hope-news, watch for enrry. .
- champ: $SCHN, nice and I'm also holding $CMC and $CLF, in the steel sector.
- Nepenthe: @tnt $LYFT $CLF Not in LYFT but still in CLF. Lot of work still ahead of it but it may have found a bottom. Cheers.
- champ: $CLF, @ $8.13, also check this stock out, I posted my entry, still holding, this also has room, see the chart.
However I'm currently not holding any tech positions but entries are starting to look a little better now. I did take profits on these small swings this morning, $STNE, $MTN and $LGIH, also on these new Day-Trades, $NTNX and $IIPR. Mostly all my po ...
- champ: $CLF, insiders buying...posted yesterday.
- CraigReynolds: @champ $CLF I've posted the option buying the past week has been heavy. Again this morning another 18K Oct 7 calls bought.
- Nepenthe: $CLF Took a stab. Why not? (probably many reasons). Just playing around. Bounce trade, or whatever else it turns into. Stop below yesterday's sell-off low. Cheers.
- champ: @Nepenthe $CLF @ $7.00 ---- Yes exactly, why not ...could be or looks like entry, short and long term. You could sure be looking at entry, #great-post, for a bounce-trade.
- CraigReynolds: @Nepenthe @champ $CLF #great-post Yesterday in both the $6 calls (37K contracts) and $7 calls (37K contracts), Oct time frame. Today heavy again in both at 1.5K contracts, Oct time frame. Some big money bets something will happen and going up.
- champ: @CraigReynolds $CLF #great-post --- Remember....if it works, thats great and if it doesn't, this is only a trading position, for now, not really an investment position, at this time but it could turn into one.
- CraigReynolds: @champ $CLF #great-post That is really all I'm saying. Just interesting how traders trade, options are not for investment I don't believe. Been tracking about 25 stocks where option plays are unusual as Najarian's say. To date reviewing there unusual option trades, about 64% seem to work out. Of those the past 8 weeks, of the 64%, 16% doubled plus. It's a learning game with me. Most of the time during the trade time limit, the stock breaks out and you need to be ready to act because they fall back fast. I know this is not an option site but testing to see how stock reacts to the unusual option plays. In the case of $CLF, watching stock to see what happens at option expiration or before. Just enjoying life.
- champ: @CraigReynolds $CLF #great-post --- Exactly, just enjoy life, thats about all we can do, we just need to always stay on the fun-train.
- Nepenthe: $CLF Interesting how much insider trading there was in August, all mostly above 8.00; I wonder if they'll start buying more once it hits 6; oops, almost there. Eyeing 6.30 and 5.60 now. NP. Cheers.
- CraigReynolds: @Nepenthe $CLF Look at the option buying today. This Fridays exp, the 7 calls 7K; 7.5 calls 3K; the 8 calls 1K, then the Oct exp 6 calls 33K and 7 calls, another 33K. Alot of buying near and future months.
$CLF has pulled back to trendline support level that has held for years going back to 2016. CEO, CFO, directors all in the open market buying ...
- cb: $ISRG $CLF bought some here
- cb: @cb $ISRG $CLF great buys both moving
- tnt: $CLF turns green with a bullish dragonfly doji. CFO buying more shares on the open market today. Buying alongside the CFO is just about as clear as a buy signal you can get without have illegal inside information. He knows the books best.
- cb: $CLF Moving Up Also
- cb: $BOOT $EL $LABU $CLF Picked up some of these
- cb: $CLF possible bounce off the vwap
- Nepenthe: @cb $CLF Are you looking at this for a day trade? Or longer? I jumped back in yesterday--as I've been in and out for quite awhile--with a tight stop as I don't see why this can't go down to 7.40-ish after it fell below 8.46. Keeping a wary eye on it. Cheers.
- cb: @Nepenthe $CLF LONG Term Hold think Small Build a Pos Slowly. Could go lower if so I will add more when it settles a bit
|Stock Price||$USD 5.40|
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. is a mining & natural resources company. It produces iron ore pellets, fines and lump ore, and metallurgical coal.Request Video of CLF
Already a member? Sign in here.
- A look at Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF)By Dan December 3rd, 2013
- Cliffs Natural Resources: Testing the 20 day (NYSE:CLF)By Josh August 20th, 2013
- July 17th, 2020 - 2020 Q2 Earnings
- July 24th, 2020 - 2020 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 15.43 49.35%
- $USD 9.30 20.98%
- $USD 9.27 20.92%
- $USD 13.07 -26.70%
- $USD 6.15 -20.24%
- $USD 5.40 -7.15%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 71,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (71,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!