GameStop Corporation (NYSE:GME)
Old Forum Content for GMEMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- DrScience: $GME continuing lower. Earnings on 9/6, so I'd look for another buck to support at 13ish just before the report. If you're wanting to get into this retailer ahead of the Christmas season, a gamble -- yes, a highly speculative gamble you'd have to hold over earnings -- in the SEP 13 Puts @ .60 would give a 5% return (98% annualized), and if the stock is put to you, a cost basis near the 52-week low.
- DrScience: $GME falling 10% as buyout deal appears to be out of play. Game-makers $ATVI and $EA pulling back in sympathy.
- Brian_M: $GME looking like a short squeeze now.
- takanohana: $GME @Brian_M did you buy? Seems to be moving up on heavy volume. They don't report earnings until 8/31 and the short interest is 40.72% (according to TDA), 19.5 days to cover (according to shortsqueeze.com). I started a small position when you mentioned it 8/14 and have added along the way.
- Brian_M: @takanohana $GME I actually bought some Oct $15 calls on Friday during the pullback to $15. With that being said I sold them today on the run-up. This may have more room to move but I was up about 75% in 3 days.
- Brian_M: @takanohana $GME I think this could see $17 and there is also the chance for a buyout. I am also looking at the Oct $16 calls if it pulls back a bit before the close. I will essentially be using the profit from the earlier trade to keep some exposure.
- Brian_M: @Brian_M $GME Back in with a small position of just 3 Oct $16 calls.
- Brian_M: I like the way $GME is charting something to put on the watchlist as the 200 and 50 are coming together with the stock squeezing
- Hokie54: $GME starting to move mercifully
- Tony220397: $GME,pop after earning &ex-dividend price didn't hold,now fall below 50daysma ,Initial short position now, stop @$19.60
- Bridget: #Notes: $XLP and some $XRT getting crushed on AMZN news. $COST $KR $TGT $WMT $SFM Seemed to take $KHC $K $MDLZ $HAIN $SJM $CAG down with it Earnings moves today: $PVH - gap up but spinning top $ANF - gap up $DLTR - gap and crap $HPQ - set new 52 week high, then pulled back $HRL - down big but bounced Earnings AMC and BMO: $VEEV $AVGO $GME $ULTA $CCI - working $SODA - good volume, decent buy point $DVMT - new high $SC - breakout $COL - new high $USCR - breaking down IPOs $PETQ - still up buy swings pretty big $AKCA - working, but day 3
- Bridget: #Notes: Earnings moves today: AAOI GPRO ATVI YELP WTW TRVG ANET PI ETSY Banks saw a bump this morning but then stalled. I like $KRE, $MS $BAC, and $JPM $PNC. Also, $ZION Internet stocks working: $W $ZAGG $YELP $GRUB $GRPN $XRT - retail recovering some $TGT $FIVE $PVH $DKS $FL $FOSL $TJX $HD $TECK - bought this today, nice uptrend $KBR - breakout, inside day, now moving higher. Target of $18 Currencies $UUP up and $FXE down $ESNT breaking out $AL - weekly breakout on earnings $HCC #ipo new all time high after earnings $GME - coming out of squeeze with earnings coming up $SAGE - break out $CRI - breakout short set-up $FNSR - this short is working $EW $ILG
- Bridget: $GME triple bottom on the weekly?
- rj7150: @Bridget $GME I believe they report tomorrow??
- Bridget: @rj7150 $GME I don't see that. They reported on 5/25
- takanohana: @Bridget $GME dividend is 7.36%
- Bridget: Notes: $WB $EDU $SINA $BIDU $BABA - chinese internet stocks up today $AMZN $SHOP $W - internet shopping still growing $SMH - new 52 week high, but lacking volume, $XLY at new high $LITE - moving up above $50 but on light volume $RL - breaking out, $UAA also looking ready for a breakout, $XRT up today $ENDP - breaking out of base on volume after earnings $PTLA - breaking out of squeeze on earnings $ATVI & $BYD - working, $GME also moving up into ER on 5/25 $AMAT - working
- stevef214: @Bridget $WB $EDU $SINA $BIDU $BABA $AMZN $SHOP $W $SMH $XLY $LITE $RL $UAA $XRT $ENDP $PTLA $ATVI $BYD $GME $AMAT You can add $JD to the internet shopping list
- captron: $GME - Its still trying to fill the gap. There are enough shorts to keep it going. Added some more.
- captron: $GME - Looks like it is trying to fill the gap. Took a position yesterday.
- DrScience: @bigbartabs RBC Capital put out a list of Winners -- (shrug) there are no "Losers". You might start here: $AKRX $AMRI $AMWD $ARCB $ASNA $BCOR $BIG $BKMU $BOFI $CAL $CGI $DEPO $DNR $DXPE $ECPG $EHTH $ESND $FMBI $GME $GNW $HFC $KIRK $KS $LCI $MPAA $NSR $ORI $PETS $PMC $RCII $REX $RRTS $SKYW $SPXC $TLRD $TRST $UVE $VAC $VRA
- bigbartabs: @DrScience $AKRX $AMRI $AMWD $ARCB $ASNA $BCOR $BIG $BKMU $BOFI $CAL $CGI $DEPO $DNR $DXPE $ECPG $EHTH $ESND $FMBI $GME $GNW $HFC $KIRK $KS $LCI $MPAA $NSR $ORI $PETS $PMC $RCII $REX $RRTS $SKYW $SPXC $TLRD $TRST $UVE $VAC $VRA ... kudos... great list. Thanks...
- champ: @Alexandra $GME --- Really hard to say for me because I don't follow the stock. The news is as you know ...they guided down....just depends on how long you want to hold the position before the stock price gets back to breakeven for you.....they missed during the Holiday sales season....for that reason... I'm sorry to say ...I... would sell and just move on.
- Alexandra: @champ $GME Thanks Champ. I'm going to move on.
- Alexandra: @Champ I'm holding full position in $GME and it missed earnings and dropped 8%. What should I do ? Dump it ? Or will it bounce ? Or do I buy more right as it bounces and try to break even ?
- stevef214: $GME Breaking out. ER last night beat on EPS but missed on revenue. I didn't have time to read the entire CC but wish I had. Any sign of future increase in revenue and cash flow could trigger a short squeeze with 37% of the float short. NP as of now. Anyone in this one or have further info?
- rj7150: @stevef214 $GME - I listened to the conference call and I wouldn't have been excited to pay up from what I heard. I have no position but have traded in and out several times in the past. It has a nice dividend which was 6.3% before today's action.
- stevef214: @rj7150 $GME yeah from what I read I don't know why it is up today except for the dividend. I also have been in and out a couple of times this year but I will wait on this one to see how it settles out. Thx
- Trixie: @rj7150 $IGT made me think of $GME for some reason.. seems like the inverse chart wise.. one coming off the bottom the other pulling back.. Both look to be earnings related.
- SierraJW: @Forexpro @stevef214 $GME looks like it is trading in the bottom of a $27-$32 channel. What do you think about a tight stop at $26.50 with a potential of 7-18% gain, short term? The 5.3% dividend seems safe, for the time being. Here is a risk analysis by Andrés Cardenal that seems to sum up the pro's and cons. http://www.fool.com/investing/2016/09/23/how-safe-is-gamestops-53-dividend-yield.aspx Jim
- Forexpro: @SierraJW $GME Hey, SierraJW, Hope that you're well, and thriving. Agreed that the company will likely be able to keep the dividend payment going. I'm not sure about the upside; on the daily, this remains in a downtrend, with a recent bounce only extending as far as 28.58. This isn't without risk, but you do have a handy reference point for a stop, just a couple percent from here. ToS asserts that earnings are due on Nov 21, conveniently enough, just after Nov option expiry. I've set an alert for 27.88; that would suggest to me that a higher low had been established, with a move higher possible. I'm not sure what the odds are that you'll see a bounce before non-farms on Friday (at which point it will be market-, not stock-dependent), but your risk is well-defined. Best of luck with it!
- SierraJW: @Forexpro $GME Did you see my post re: $GME? Bought some. I replied to your post, but it was old, maybe you are not viewing timeline. Jim
- Forexpro: @SierraJW $GME Hi, SierraJW, Certainly not ignoring you. :) I see a reply to you at 2:55, but I just saw your 3:10 post. Best of luck; I hope that this works for you. I do look at it from time to time, but haven't been involved in much, recently, as the day job is keeping me pretty busy. Be lucky!
- SierraJW: @Forexpro $GME Longer term, there seems to be additional risk unless the management strategy works as planned, but I see higher lows and nearly equal highs at about $32-33, which would be about a 18% gain vs. a stop loss of -1.8%. Seems like a pretty good risk, especially if it starts to move up to or above your 27.88 alert. I am seeing the 26.69 and 27.13 higher lows as a support. The time period I am looking at is between now and the 11/21 date at this point. The possibility of a Christmas upsurge needs to be confirmed by price movement.
- Forexpro: Re: $GME Hi, Friends, I contemplated buying a pre-earnings straddle, and lost track of it yesterday. The earnings report was not received well, but it appears to be trying to stabilize, and has just moved back above the 61.8 percent retracement level. I think that I'm going to nibble long here, with a tight stop. All the best! P.S. Thank goodness that I took the time to write a post before diving in, as it has turned back south. No position. :)
- Forexpro: @stevef214 $GME Thanks, Stevef214, I've been watching it, and although it tries to lift itself off the canvas periodically, it's getting kicked back down. I'm leaving it alone. Hope you're doing well; all the best!
- DrScience: @Forexpro $GME I'm guessing a falling GameStop is better than a tight stop? :) Those guys normally do their best work in the Christmas season, with all the Moms, Dads and Kiddies hitting the shopping malls to browse. It usually takes a few rounds, but parents get dragged into the shop to see the brightly colored boxes. Now, parent(s) goes online to Amazon and buy what the kids want, and a little something for themselves -- with bells, whistles, and huge explosions in the world of make-believe. Must be to relieve stress -- yeah, that's the word... stress -- of shopping in the real world. Hope you're doing well! P.S. Mr. Softee hits another 52-week high. :)
- Forexpro: @DrScience $GME Thanks, DrScience, Here's hoping that you're well, and thriving. I'm a bit more jaundiced vis a vis Mister Softee these days, as I was stunned (appalled?) by the $LNKD acquisition, and by the price that was paid. "We're doing so well, we can do what Steve would have done." Unfortunately, the reference was to Steve Ballmer, not Steve Jobs. Perhaps it will all work out, but the move really damaged my confidence in the new management team. Obviously, my concerns are not universally shared. All the best!
- Forexpro: Re: $GME Hi, Friends, This one reports this evening; as of yesterday's close, options were calling for a roughly 2.50 move, and the dividend yield was 4.67 percent. Financials are okay, if not terrific; according to StockRover, the dividend payout ratio is 38.7 percent. I have a couple of alerts set, as I wouldn't mind taking some of this on a pullback, assuming that the earnings report isn't a nightmare. All the best!
- Argyle: $GME making some moves...
- woodman: @Argyle $GME It reports after the close today.
- stevef214: $CLNE $GME CLNE still moving up, now parabolic. GME PB to 200DMA and bounce should run into ER 8/25. I actually don't know what to do with $CLNE, its moving too fast to keep going but I think it still has a way to go. @DAN maybe you can talk about these two in the SS.
- DAN: @stevef214 $CLNE $GME on CLNE, try using a 15-minute chart. You'll see the stock typically resting until the 20-period moving average (the middle Bollinger Band) catches up with the stock. Once that changes, it's time to go.
- stevef214: @DAN $CLNE $GME Thanks Dan
- stevef214: $GME It is now above the 200DMA and the recent high, MACD crossed positive and 8D EMA crossed above the 21D EMA. It has had recent upgrades a good ER and the short interest is high, 37.6 according to Schwab SSE. If it maintains this level and closes above the recent high of $31.85 we could see a nice short squeeze. NP as of now, I got out on last downturn but seriously looking to get back in.
- stevef214: $GME $VZ $NVDA BTO Oct ITM calls 1/4 position in each $GME $28C for $3.95 $VZ $50C for $3.95 $NVDA $55C for $8.90 I recently posted my thought on $GME and $VZ and todays ER for NVDA looked very strong and raised guidance. It moved big today but so I'll keep a stop at just below the days low and position size is small.
- lostsheep: $GME - nice bounce today. establishing a series of higher lows and highs since 6/27 . fell far enough below the 50ema to hit some stops and then reverse now firmly above. if this can clear the 200 about 1.76 from here who knows. no shortage of built in buyers here. short float looks to be 27%. was at our local over the weekend and the place was slammed selling pokemon collectors figures and the pin action that comes from that. thank god my 9yr old has no pokemon interest.
- stevef214: @lostsheep $GME Maybe its time to get back in. They also recently bought more cellular retail stores becoming the biggest AT&T reseller. They are moving the business model to make more than 50% of operating earnings from non-physical game sales.
- stevef214: $GME I set a trailing stop on last thur which fired just after the opening. Out of the last of my position now which I entered into back on June 29. I am not sure if I will re-enter into a new position at a better price.
- stevef214: @PhilHarmonic $MSFT yeah I don't think it will be just a fad. //think of the rides at Disney and Universal studios that you watch a video as the ride moves and vibrates in synch to make it feel as if you are really there. The $GME CEO reported last week that the Sony VR hardware is a really big seller so it may come to a Betamax vs VHS war but I think VR will be a large market in the years to come.
- stevef214: $GME Sold 1/3 position, taking some profits
- AB: $GME - might be getting it's short squeeze I bought some calls yesterday.
- stevef214: @AB $GME Lets hope so. I have been long for a few weeks and posting my estimated levels it needed to clear to keep climbing. The Pokémon go news sure helped though and that I must admit was a complete surprise but of course completely welcome. :)
- jmm487: @AB $GME Pokemon Go catalyst for a trend change??
- AB: @jmm487 $GME - I guess. I have made a little money on $GME with short puts, dividend and long calls and common. I would like to hold it long term for the dividend, but I don't trust a brick and mortar game store.
- stevef214: @jmm487 $GME My initial entry was on VS and 8D EMA cross over but also news that the store has been evolving from just selling games as in DVD form but also as downloads and has been doing well selling gaming hardware and virtual reality hardware. I am long Aug calls so not really playing a trend change just a run into ER
- AB: $GME - fueled by pokeman
- stevef214: @AB $GME yep, see my post yesterday and previous days. LOL
- stevef214: @AB $GME Quite a ride the first 1.5hrs. I don't know whether to add or take profits.
- captron: @stevef214 $GME I cashed out when it could not stay above 31, Thought the shorts would keep it going but guess not. Good Luck.
- stevef214: $GME Good bounce off 50DMA after a small PB. This could be phase 3 of recent BO of VS and could lead to a short squeeze. Probably needs to clear $30.45 or so.
- FHS: $GME Early makings of a bullish engulfing pattern. Were I more of a lupine personality, I wouldn't have been so lamb-like with my meek "add" this morning. Maybe as the day wears on, I can accrete a more lycanthropic demeanor. We'll see how it goes. Cheers.
- FHS: @stevef214 $GME Eerie. I think I have you to thank for getting me back in. I only hope this time around will be different than my last foray into it. It was not an amicable divorce. Cheers.
- infocus: @FHS $GME #Erudition !
- stevef214: @FHS $GME I also have been long calls in this one in the past and they expired two weeks before the bounce. So this time I have been watching it closely and got in at a much better buy point. Anyway, yes lets hope this time it truly breaks out. PS the CEO talked on CNBC this morning and mentioned strong sales with pokemon go trading cards and new virtual reality systems.
- stevef214: $GME Still working its way up since my post on 6/29. Now above the 50DMA and walking up the upper BB. Some resistance just above about another point but if it clears that then clear sailing to the 200DMA. I am keeping a close stop though because this one has quickly reversed on me before.
- stevef214: $GME BO today above 50DMA and recent resistance on an upgrade from BAC/Merril. It has moved up nicely since I last posted on 7/1. If it holds here it could get a short squeeze with 38% short interest.
- jmm487: $GME showing signs of trend reversal??
- Bridget: @jmm487 $GME You have a breakout here, but wait for the pullback and then the bounce to get in. I see the moving averages starting to turn up but I would say it is too early to tell if a new uptrend has started. Wait and buy closer to the 8Ma with the 20MA as your stop.
- jmm487: @Bridget $GME thanks much appreciated
- stevef214: $GME Moving up off this weeks low nicely but resistance and 50DMA $1.70 above. Watching closely for BO above that. Long since I mentioned it in the forum a few days ago.
- stevef214: $GME Its starting to BO of a VS and its macd and EMA are turning up. It received and upgrade yesterday an with its high short interest there could be a squeeze. I am thinking of taking a spec pos today. Anyone looking at this, any thoughts?
- stevef214: @Matt0311 $GME I am looking at it also. Just saw your post check mine. I get ER in late Aug more like 2 months away.
- Matt0311: $GME shallow cup & handle and is moving above the handle. Still about a month till earnings
- FHS: @DAN $MU $GME My efforts will not be--sadly--as consistent as "ginny's" were. I got used to her daily up/down synopsis. For one, living on the West Coast as you do, getting up early is a constant ordeal. And, I access these through my Merrill news, and for some reason they are not always consistent either. But for better or worse, it's the least I can do to repay for all that others in the forum do. Doesn't $GME look like it wants to break above the 33.30 threshold (at least, my threshold)? Trading sideways for four days since it's last attempt 4/20. And $MU, well, good volume on this bounce. The 100ma looms above, with 12.29 another point of reference. But with this jittery market...Cheers.
- FHS: $GME 32.95. Is that the next point of reference? Last hurdle to clear? Before, well, what? The 200ma? Already long, but might add "if" it clears that; depending of course on the direction of the market. Cheers.
- traderbren: $GME - popped above $33. Looking good...and putting pressure on the shorts. ;)
- Spotdog: S&P 500/April 22/ $GME out, $GPN in
- Thebigshort: $GME Squeezing . 42% shares short. 37 million shares. Cramer had ceo on last week . Cramer likes it for a value and high dividend yield. 4.66 %. 6.76 forward pe
- Thebigshort: $GME since the last update of short interest. 03/31 26 million shares traded.10.5 days to cover
- traderbren: $POT attracting a bid. NP as yet. $GME moving higher...hold a starter position.
- traderbren: $GME - after this morning's pull back it is now close to moving back above the open.
- FHS: @bigbartabs $BIB $GME Old buddy from the rattlesnake invested Sierra Foothills, you must have been reading my mind; or, I'm just echoing those of a superior intellect. To add/buy today at close, or wait for confirmation tomorrow: there's the rub. F ...
- bigbartabs: @FHS $BIB $GME $AA $CNX ... markets... I'll probably go to the barn today with half of what I would like to own... hoping for a pullback tomorrow to fill the remainder. This has been a tough market in a lot of different ways. The trick is to not let the profits off the bottom slip away in the chop. Golden hills? Nope, I'm looking for Emerald hills this year... with near 100% average rain / snowfall. I'm counting on all that snow you are sitting on up there in Truckee to slowly melt and keep the lakes full. Don't be running your heater too high too long up there, to make it melt all at once :) Cheers...
- traderbren: $GME - getting a bid, plus the stock is HTB - so the squeeze could be on!
- FHS: @PhilHarmonic $FTNT God I hate those internal squabbles! So in a way you're not alone. I would have done the same thing. Instead, I hesitated buying it and now it's up over 5%, and I was considering it at 1% today. Now I'm stuck. My break outs haven't been working in a manner I'd like; they pop, and then as quickly pop down. Leaving me wishing I sold all or at least some. With the market hesitating it's tough to know what to do, and B/Os turn quickly into fake outs in an indecisive market. Did add to a long position in $GME, so I moved on one out of two, and now the internal battle begins anew there. BUT WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE SYLVAN SPLENDOR OF THE SIERRA! Cheers.
- rem2088: $GME - I was stopped out Thursday morning - and initially I was happy about that given how the stock traded after ER - now I'm contemplating getting back in. Any thoughts ? It would be a short term trade only.
- traderbren: @rem2088 $GME - its acting well based on the intraday chart. You could take a starter position here, and add if it clears and closes above $32.30 and then add again when it clears $32.95. Also, keep in mind Yellen will be doing her thing today so things could get funky. Good luck.
- rem2088: @traderbren $GME Thank you for your insight - I didn't get in and it keeps going up lol
- traderbren: $GME -- seeing a bid on $GME
- Alexandra: $GME climbing back up after lower guidance. I guess the market is already pricing in lower guidance.
- tmende: @Alexandra $GME Their conference call made me sleepy and didn't hear anything earth shattering. Maybe the stock will hold the 50 day then start creeping up again.
- Rasta: @Alexandra $GME You should have that second date with that guy to get the insight into this Apple Original Series I just heard about on CNBC tonight.
- tmende: Sold most of my $GME into this move it just made; have a small position I'll probably hold thru earnings.
rah: $GME - Gamestop - forgive me for not plugging this back to previous recent posts.
Momentum on the daily chart has moved to a negative (from flat) or a price slowing direction. Doesn't mean it "will drop out of the sky" but suggests a rete ...
- inthesticks: @rah $GME I've been nibbling off the 50DMA ... so far its bounced 3-4 times but the last few days have not looked good. I was going to hold through earnings but questioning that strategy now.
rah: @inthesticks $GME - Original discussion was with a slightly longer view and looking where to enter. Comments suggested funds were buying, not particularly anything on earnings effect.
If "IN" and trading very short term OR if otherwise co ...
- inthesticks: @rah $GME Thanks for your input and encouragement ... really appreciate it. As my original strategy was short term, I'm going to stick to it and continue to utilize a stop based on the 50DMA.
- tejas7: $GME closed the position at 31.25 , avg buy point was 29.42. Earnings are on 3/24 after market close. You can ride this for 2 more days, but I may not have time to keep watching it. Shorts have come down by a bit, more people expecting bullish results than before. But, I don't want to role the dice.
|Stock Price||$USD 11.43|
Gamestop Corp is a multichannel video game retailer. It sells new and pre-owned video game hardware, physical and digital video game software, accessories, as well as PC entertainment software, new and pre-owned mobile and consumer electronics products.Request Video of GME
Already a member? Sign in here.
- March 27th, 2019 - 2018 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 32.78 48.22%
- $USD 19.17 30.50%
- $USD 16.73 27.32%
- $USD 11.33 -32.62%
- $USD 25.51 -26.35%
- $USD 13.05 -18.36%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 60,600 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (60,600) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!