Paycom Software Inc. (NYSE:PAYC)
Old Forum Content for PAYCMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
4. $PAYC – tightening.
5. $TEAM – want to keep holding these stocks.
6. $FIVN – Already popped
7. $AMED – One we added on 2/4, but were stopped out for small loss.
8. $ZS – Healthy consolidation.
9. $MTZ – Phase 2 ...
- Rickg: Check out $AKAM $CRWD $ICE $PAYC $LAUR $NUVA These are the only decent ones I could find that are not down. Oh yeah, $TTD got stopped out and I bought back on a big reversal..
- Herb: @Rickg $AKAM $CRWD $ICE $PAYC $LAUR $NUVA $TTD $CRWD good-acting ipo
DAN $AJRD $ALRM $ANTM $BEAT $BSTC $CYBR $DATA $EHTH $ETSY $EVTC $FIVN $FN $GHDX $GLOB $HLF $IIPR $MEDP $NOW $PLNT $TEAM $TNDM $TTD $TWLO $VEEV $WDAY $WING $WK $FTNT $OLLLI $PANW $ZS $COUP $PAYC $LULU $ULTA $ADBE $OMCL $AMED $PAYS
10:49 AM 08/0 ...
- success: @DAN $AJRD $ALRM $ANTM $BEAT $BSTC $CYBR $DATA $EHTH $ETSY $EVTC $FIVN $FN $GHDX $GLOB $HLF $IIPR $MEDP $NOW $PLNT $TEAM $TNDM $TTD $TWLO $VEEV $WDAY $WING $WK $FTNT $OLLLI $PANW $ZS $COUP $PAYC $LULU $ULTA $ADBE $OMCL $AMED $PAYS @DAN . . . I have been putting the stocks removed into a separate watch list as you have removed them . . great job and thank you for all the hard work . .
- DAN: @success $AJRD $ALRM $ANTM $BEAT $BSTC $CYBR $DATA $EHTH $ETSY $EVTC $FIVN $FN $GHDX $GLOB $HLF $IIPR $MEDP $NOW $PLNT $TEAM $TNDM $TTD $TWLO $VEEV $WDAY $WING $WK $FTNT $OLLLI $PANW $ZS $COUP $PAYC $LULU $ULTA $ADBE $OMCL $AMED $PAYS Thanks Success. Just wait until you see what we're working on. You're gonna love it!
- spmeyers: @DAN $AJRD $ALRM $ANTM $BEAT $BSTC $CYBR $DATA $EHTH $ETSY $EVTC $FIVN $FN $GHDX $GLOB $HLF $IIPR $MEDP $NOW $PLNT $TEAM $TNDM $TTD $TWLO $VEEV $WDAY $WING $WK $FTNT $OLLLI $PANW $ZS $COUP $PAYC $LULU $ULTA $ADBE $OMCL $AMED $PAYS but do the % gains include action over earnings reports? that wouldn't be entirely kosher since in best case we'd have a half position.
- success: @DAN $AJRD $ALRM $ANTM $BEAT $BSTC $CYBR $DATA $EHTH $ETSY $EVTC $FIVN $FN $GHDX $GLOB $HLF $IIPR $MEDP $NOW $PLNT $TEAM $TNDM $TTD $TWLO $VEEV $WDAY $WING $WK $FTNT $OLLLI $PANW $ZS $COUP $PAYC $LULU $ULTA $ADBE $OMCL $AMED $PAYS can't wait . . your articles have been great as well . . working two jobs so have been absent and 98% cash since November . . what little I have done have resulted in about 2% losses overall . . I should have just followed your lead and it would have been a great return . .
- teebone53: $payc--has crept over the 50dma and is filling the gap
Of the above names that were sold for losses, the biggest loss was 7.06% ($BEAT). Biggest gain was $IIPR (101.72%)
The average loss was 4.23%. Of the 15 losers, only 5 were below the average loss (4.23 ...
- stoictrader: @DAN $AJRD $ALRM $ANTM $BEAT $BSTC $CYBR $DATA $EHTH $ETSY $EVTC $FIVN $FN $GHDX $GLOB $HLF $IIPR $MEDP $NOW $PLNT $TEAM $TNDM $TTD $TWLO $VEEV $WDAY $WING $WK $FTNT $OLLLI $PANW $ZS $COUP $PAYC $LULU $ULTA $ADBE $OMCL $AMED $PAYS I love the transparency, insight and humility Dan - so refreshing to see
DAN: @stoictrader $AJRD $ALRM $ANTM $BEAT $BSTC $CYBR $DATA $EHTH $ETSY $EVTC $FIVN $FN $GHDX $GLOB $HLF $IIPR $MEDP $NOW $PLNT $TEAM $TNDM $TTD $TWLO $VEEV $WDAY $WING $WK $FTNT $OLLLI $PANW $ZS $COUP $PAYC $LULU $ULTA $ADBE $OMCL $AMED $PAYS
Thanks st ...
- issues: I bought/added to the following: $ROST $TMUS $NVCR $MA $V $OLED $COST $ARWR $LULU $DG $PAGS $PAYC $PYPL $SKYW $SLP $NVCR $SSO. Santa came early this year!
2. $PAYC – stopped at $223. 5% return
3. $TEAM – out at $137.00. 34% return.
4. $EHTH – rebound to 20-day MA. Still has a good uptrend.
5. $ROKU – earnings Wednesday. Looks like a go ...
$PAYC -- Status Quo
$PAYS -- Don't let this go against you. Basis is $12.65. It's still holding at the 50-day moving average...but make sure you have a stop in place. ALERT $12.65
$TEAM -- Status Quo
$TWLO -- stopped out of this yesterday.
DAN: Good morning. My thanks to Scott for filling in for me last night in the Strategy Session. Great job... and I appreciate a fresh take on things. It's good to have some variety so that I avoid being the Pied Piper.
Yesterday's selloff in the S& ...
- CraigReynolds: @Dan Appreciate all the trading lessons. Bad day with all GSL, 5 of my 7 were stopped out. $OLED and $PAYC are doing nicely. I entered small and loss from the 5 but it seems when they drop, they do it fast. Lost is hard to take when they seem to be doing fine even with your cautions. . Just having hard time building except on the new issues One Praise, lost could have been a lot lot lot more, but still profits lost. Life goes on even after a bad day.
- spmeyers: @CraigReynolds $OLED $PAYC yeah, some days are kinda frustrating
8. $PAYC – earnings Tuesday. Added May 31.
9. $TWLO – earnings Wednesday. Top is $150.
10. $ULTA – Alert at $365.
11. $MDB – stop still below 7/16 low
1. $BYND – earnings on Mo ...
$PAYC – Testing 20-day, which is typical support. If this doesn’t hold, watch for 50-day MA support. This would indicate a flattening trend.
VIDEO THREE: Stock Watch:
$SUN – Just hang onto it. It’s working well.
$BYND &nda ...
$PAYC – strong momentum along 8 day EMA.
$TEAM – a bit choppy, but working. Watch 20-day MA as support.
$ZS – watch how it acts at 20-day MA. Better entry is at 50-day MA. Great company and expanding market share.
$PLNT – ...
- DAN: Market weakening. I would be careful about taking any risk today. I have no way to quantify why I'm saying this. I'mjust looking at a lot of stocks that are petering out at the same time. $TEAM $LULU $PAYC $GLOB $CYBR $COUP $EHTH $ZS -- these growth stocks are all weak today. Still on trend, but I'm just seeing some weakness. 8-) Dan
$PAYC – 20-day and 8 day
$TEAM – consolidating here. Strong stock, but not at good entry point.
$TNDM – has been trying on my patience. No position.
$TWLO – actionable here, with a stop below recent lows. Beware the steep ...
$PAYC -- Looks like WK. Same approach.
$ULTA -- flat 50-day MA. Still forming choppy base. Watch for support at 50-day MA. Not a solid base and this definitely needs more work.
$CYBR -- Still doing ok...but this is in a basing pattern. Note lower ...
- Bridget: $PAYC has pulled back to the 21dMA of this solid uptrend, which has been a good place to enter in the past.
- wdcobler: @Bridget $PAYC I've been watching this for an entry, seems possible here. Any concerns over vol. avg. shares traded dailey?
- Bridget: @wdcobler $PAYC the market overall is trading at low volume, so I don't think it is something to worry about unique to this stock. But certainly that is a risk in the market as a whole.
- wdcobler: @Bridget $PAYC Thanks Bridget.
- Allen: @Bridget $SHAK Thank you Bridget for $SHAK and $PAYC today. Just paid for my daughter's car insurance for 6 months....haha.
DAN: #GrowthStocks -- Some of these are acting well in a lousy tape. Others aren't.
First: $PLNT is not on this list any longer. I've been squawking about the action in this stock for a while because of the steep selloff and suggesting that it be avoid ...
- Spotdog: @DAN $PLNT $LHCG $CYBR $IIPR $GLOB $VEEV $ZS $EHTH $ULTA $AMZN $ADBE $LULU $PAYC $WK $TEAM $COUP $TWLO #GrowthStocks @DAN "Aligator arms" can also be a reference to someone that never seems to grab the lunch bill before you do
- DAN: @Spotdog $PLNT $LHCG $CYBR $IIPR $GLOB $VEEV $ZS $EHTH $ULTA $AMZN $ADBE $LULU $PAYC $WK $TEAM $COUP $TWLO #GrowthStocks LOL. Yeah, I've known people like that. Irritating...and always end up in the category of "people that I used to know."
- mpegues: $PAYC set another high today.
- Ajax4Hire: @Dan, @Gary can someone fix the Growth Stock List $PAYC.LULU ?? $PAYC and $LULU are "smashed together(see picture)
- Ajax4Hire: @Ajax4Hire $PAYC $LULU wow, that was quick. thanks.
$PAYC – no comments.
$GLOB – accelerating. Use staggered stops.
$LHCG – no comment
$VEEV – resting. Pretty impressive strength. Seems like it should be lower after the post-earnings run. Would want to buy this on any pull ...
- mpegues: $PAYC appears to be bouncing off the 20 day moving average. Lets see if it holds.
$PAYC -- 2nd day of reversal. Would look for support at $200
$TEAM -- looking for $200 buyers.
$NOW -- looking for $260 buyers.
Lots of stocks doing the same type of thing...which is what you're saying.
This is important: I am talking about a sup ...
- Jazman0013: @DAN $TNDM $EHTH $IIPR $COUP $PAYC $TEAM $NOW #GSL I am notorious about losing track of former holdings once I sell. If I want to keep them on the radar keeping a position is about the only way for me.
- 86944T: @DAN $TNDM $EHTH $IIPR $COUP $PAYC $TEAM $NOW #GSL Makes sense. Thanks so much for your response.
$IIPR – Support is at $90. $PAYC – looking for $200ish?
$NOW – looking for $260
$TNDM – coiling here.
$PLNT – still trending well. What’s your timeframe? What’s your position size?
$EHTH – should ...
$PAYC – new addition. Extended. Add on pullbacks.
$WK—want to let this settle down. Still working off the big selloff/recovery.
$EHTH – looks like a fat $TNDM
$LHCG – sloppy but working.
$CYBR – Range bound, but work ...
- DAN: @DAN $PAYC -- looking like a trading top at $220. Volume has been declining over the past few days. Still holding a position, but it's small.
- dngrisk: @DAN $PAYC Do you see a trading top in $PAYC, but not $COUP because volume is below average. Otherwise, both charts looks similar?
- DAN: @dngrisk $PAYC $COUP Could be for COUP, too. But they're continuing to move higher. Through resistance. $AMZN just blew through 1790, and these obvious "even number" resistance levels aren't really holding for very long. Dangerous market to be short. I have a lot of positions in the growth stocks. Almost all of them. Just managing my stops and trying not to "micromanage" the positions.
- rachel: STRATEGY SESSION NOTES 060619 COTD: $GME?? Third day is the charm? $SPX – nice action today, on a very negative news flow $DJI – Day 3. $DJT – stalling at 10200. $NDX – solid move back to test the neckline. “Throwback” move. $GOOGL -- stabilizing $AMZN – pushing higher through 200-day MA. $PLAN – breakout today on volume. Stop below $44. $AYX – strong move today. A bit late, but buyable here, with a stop below $84. Long term holding stocks: $TTD – lesson learned here. $IIPR – hoping to get a pullback for better entry. $WDAY – back above 200-day MA $PAYC – new addition. $TWLO – still working. Stop below $120 $NOW – stop at $245 $TNDM – still squeezing. Base is starting to tighten. Stop below $64. $OLLI – earnings tonight.
- bRobert: $SHOP didn't take my advice and consolidate. Huge breakout move to nh. Raised stops on partial $TTD . Huge move to top of range. off 50d bounce. Long sideways consolidation. Eventual range breakout to $275+ . Look for pb/bounces The cloud stocks move in herds Now migrating north . Look around . Many close to support. LONG bases . eg $NOW $CRM $AYX $ADBE . $PAYC .
- CraigReynolds: $PAYC Not sure what to think about move down yesterday, believed it was a sympathy move, up this morning. Bought 200 call yesterday near low, added this morning, now up nicely. Still wondering what was/is going on. Watching closely.
- CraigReynolds: $PAYC Like the way this stock is acting today. Down big yesterday.
- DAN: @CraigReynolds $PAYC Yep. Inside day today. Still holding up.
- issues: @CraigReynolds $PAYC we added another position.
- tkcoretrader: $PAYC Got my coins back today.
$PAYC – Inside day. Good price action today. Established support at $200. This is a new growth stock.
$AYX – needs to regain 50-day MA.
$IAC – regained 50-day MA on volume. If there are real buyers, this should not slip lower f ...
- captron: $PAYC - Pulling back for those wishing to start a position in this growth stock.
- JBed: $PAYC now long $200 calls exp. 7/19.
- GOOSE: @Niche Please put a $ sign in front of the stock symbol, $PAYC), so we can immediately see a stock chart. Thank you. Have a great day.
- Niche: $PAYC has become a big loser and out in one day
- CraigReynolds: @captron $PAYC Bought July 200 calls earlier.
- Niche: @GOOSE $PAYC Apologize for that == will do next time --
- CraigReynolds: $PAYC Anyone trading this stock. Not sure why unless sympathy with Google and Amazon. Great growth I believe, even added to GSL last week.
- shoredriver: @CraigReynolds $PAYC ....lol......
- Niche: @CraigReynolds $PAYC It is a big loser
- CraigReynolds: @Niche $PAYC What do you see, great fundamentals. What am I missing?
- spmeyers: @CraigReynolds $PAYC I'm looking to get in around 192
- CraigReynolds: @spmeyers $PAYC Bought a July 200 call around noon when stock dropped around 198, now stock down to 196, but my option is profitable. Looking to add, stock is now between 2 and 2.5BB. Good fundamentals. believe down because of sympathy with Google and Amazon. May be reading wrong, was working prior to today. Not sure this is a trading stock, will see soon if I'm wrong.
$PAYC – Would not be long this stock. Look how fast it fell through the box.
$WK – looks almost exactly like $PAYC.
$CYBR – take the money and run.
- DAN: $PAYC -- Just an FYI. I'll be adding Paycom Software (PAYC) to the Growth Stock LIst this weekend.
- Remington: @DAN $PAYC should we front run you? ; )
- DAN: @Remington $PAYC LOL. You can if you want. 1 million shares traded...I don't think I'm gonna move the stock. If only.... ;-)
- Remington: @DAN $PAYC LOL
$PAYC – Added to GSL It’s close to breaking out. Not the best entry here. Prefer to buy at 20-day MA...ok to start pilot position.
$TWLO – support at $125. Low risk buy point...but stock is still basing. Look at slope and resist ...
- Bridget: $PAYC is at a good entry price.
$PAYC – working.
$TSLA – not sure there’s another negative catalyst on the horizon. Plenty out there – SCTY suit (not sure what timing is, but any news is probably already factored in...case is still in procedural state. No ...
- bsafriet: $V $LGIH $CME $PAYC $EEFT. All working well today, several are at reasonable entries. My issue is the market. Is today another bull trap like last Friday????
- champ: @bsafriet $V $LGIH $CME $PAYC $EEFT ---- Last Friday, was fine, but over the weekend was when the negatives news happened, and that news came out of China, they did just what they said that they were going to do, they waned, but the dumb money traders, can't really hear very well. Why did the markets drop on Monday, we all should know that answer, by now. The question is....is there any more negative news left in the markets, there will be ER reports and also new Economic news, in the morning. #Uncertainty can pop-up at anytime, traders and CopyCat-sellers, are all around us.
- bRobert: CLOUD The action in many of these names seems frothy to me. eg $PAYC $NOW and have well exceeded their measured moves. I've profited from these moves but the air is a bit rare and have been taking profits in scales.They still can go further but will drop like rocks if the market gets a bit dicey. $DATA was a gift entry and is still in play close to support.
10. $PAYC – keeps going
11. $TME – new IPO, but strong fundamentals
12. $LFVN – still working. This is my ‘patience’ trade.
13. $LEN – Alert $49
14. $PHM – Alert $27.50
15. $NFLX – close to breaking o ...
- DAN: $PAYC -- Just a note about Paycom. It's down $5 bucks today. As a "lesson" in trading, can you see how buying the stock on Friday because it was "almost" back up to the $179.22 peak in reaction to earnings was NOT a good thing to do? It is a very VERY common mistake to expect the unexpected, and base trades on what you'd LIKE to see happen rather than what is LIKELY to happen. We need to actually SEE strength rather than anticipate it. If you can really lock on to this trading approach, you will avoid a LOT of shakeouts from anticipatory trades that are based on desire rather than data. Trust me on this -- I've spent a lot of money to learn this lesson. Dan
- Mounty: @DAN $PAYC is this the beginning of phase 2 or a flag pattern?
- CraigReynolds: @DAN $PAYC See that lesson in several positions. Trying to get the word "guessing" out of my trading system. Funny how the market is smarter than traders. When you listen to (shows like CNBC) to the experts, the talking heads seem to know what is going on after what ever happens. We believe and feel left out. Funny how they sold or bought after. In my old age I starting to believe whatever an expert says is fake words out of their mouth, lying might be harsh. Funny how every one on TV is correct and most of my life I fell for the financial geniuses. Thank you very much for you "Being You" with truth about trading. Keep instructing us and maybe one of these days, we will learn.
- spmeyers: @Mounty $PAYC neither; just a very extended stock
- DAN: @Mounty $PAYC I wouldn't classify it in either term. NOt Phase 2 b/c there was no squeeze expansion. And not a flag because the stock didn't go vertical ...just a steep uptrend. I just think it's a stock that's going to wallow for a while. Look at FB. Same thing. The stock didn't continue within a few days...so it's not continuing. Hope that helps.
- bRobert: @jbuc5222 $ZEN Good karma $MDB $NOW $PAYC
$PAYC – Momentum continuation? Support drawn at $165. That’s where your stop goes. While this might look good to optimists...it is a low probability trade. Very extended. Power Cycle – which is the dominant group?
$TAL – ...
- bRobert: @scottrades $RNG $OKTA . No resistance. Pullback/bounce Blue sky . $87+ . measured move Report in March. No t players in the cloud/software space with similarly great charts and upside targets .Watching for pb/bounces eg . $WDAY . $PAYC . $HUBS . $AYX $GLOB $ZEN . $CRM of course . $DOCU Great base No shortage of good stuff to watch. $MDB . Swing trade . more Gift pullback % wise . I think the HMO group . has more upside. after a severe correction. $UNH $MOH . have had nice moves that have quickly corrected broken charts Blue print for the rest. $ANTM $CNC $HUM etc . $HIIQ . Small cap high beta play Medical equip/devices with upside . $ABMD . $ILMN . (TMO still a little in the tank),$ALGN . $MDT . others
- rachel: Weekend Update Notes 122818 COTD: No chart of the day. VIDEO ONE: Watch the head and shoulder throwback move. I think it matters. Tax Loss selling? Watch these stocks over the next month. They’re the biggest losers in the S&P 500 this year. $GE $MHK $NFX $AMG $IVZ $WDC $LB $AA $UNM $BHF $IPGP $MHK – Insider buying. Others that have work to do: $PLNT $PAYC
6. $PAYC – consolidating. Needs to do a lot of work and get back above 50- and 200-day MA
7. $CSX – look for $2 bucks…or even less.
8. $TVTY – stop below $24.
9. $ATHM – look for ~4-5%
- bRobert: $NOW $NEWR $CRM $RHT $ADBE Cloud sale over $ULTI $PAYC also
- issues: @johnny $PAYX How does that $PAYX compare with $PAYC? (We have a position in PAYC!
- issues: IBD 50 this week: ABMD $ADBE $ALGN $ALRM $ALSN $BZUN $CPRT $CTRL $CYBR $EHC $EPAM $ESIO $ETFC $EVR $FIVE $FTNT $GRUB $HIIQ $HQY $IDTI $IDXX $ILMN $JAZZ $KEM $LGND $LULU $MA $MEDP $MPWR $MTCH $NANO $NOW $OEC $PANW $PAYC $PGTI $PLNT $PRAH $PSXP $SBRA $SIVB $TEAM $TREX $TRU $TTD $V $VEEV $VNOM $WING $WWE
9. $PAYC – exhaustion move via 3 day rule of thumb.
10. $HTHT – was it right to keep a tight leash on a squeezing stock?
11. $SSNC – this is a bearish reversal of a blowoff…like in ICUI video…only more exaggerated.
- judysteiner: $PAYC started added to my position this morning as it showed strength 10 MIN or so after the open, same with $KLAC $msft
- Robert1965: $PAYC day 2
11. $PAYC – you should be selling into this...or at least raising your stops.
12. $DOCU – Alert $59
13. $SEND – Alert $30.10
14. $TUSK – Alert $38.40
15. $MYOK – Alert $60
16. $SPOT – back after earnin ...
- tigerjohn8: @issues $PAYC $ULTI $MB $ZEN $IQ $BIDU $AVGO $SWKS $QRVO $FB $AMZN $NFLX $GOOGL $FNGU $FNGD $PAYC up a bunch this morning .
- GOOSE: $PAYC @Bridget Thank you for the $PAYC Trade yesterday. GOOSE
- Wykeman: $PAYC this is some squeeze..
- tigerjohn8: @Wykeman $PAYC sold half my position at 123.45. then when i saw it playing with 125.00 decided to hang in there. I would like to maximize my gain with remaining but not confident about doing so . Trailing stops I set always seem to act as a magnet . Set a trailing $ stop at $0.50
- Wykeman: @tigerjohn8 $PAYC sounds like a great trade!
- tigerjohn8: @Wykeman $PAYC Thanks remainings shares hit stop and sold at $127.54 Not bad for shares I just bought yesterday
|Stock Price||$USD 261.46|
Paycom Software Inc is a provider of cloud-based HCM software solution delivered as Software-as-a-Services. It provides functionality and data analytics that businesses need to manage the complete employment life cycle from recruitment to retirement.Request Video of PAYC
Already a member? Sign in here.
- February 4th, 2020 - 2019 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 13.93 39.23%
- $USD 260.93 31.72%
- $USD 10.83 31.67%
- $USD 7.23 -25.39%
- $USD 7.60 -22.21%
- $USD 32.83 -18.62%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 66,000 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (66,000) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!