Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ:ZBRA)
Old Forum Content for ZBRAMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Vineet: $ZBRA... another 5% drop - any news?
- vfr777: $ZBRA what's with the drop in $ZBRA. Any news?
- vfr777: $ZBRA looks like it's stopped going down. Maybe good to buy some with a real tight stop here?
- vfr777: $ZBRA @DAN any thought?
- DrScience: @vfr777 $ZBRA rebound from the 200 DMA, stopped at the 50. Looking at a retest of the 200 to add or exit, but add on move above VWAP.
- DAN: @vfr777 $ZBRA I don't see any news that accounts for the drop. I saw an article about a 250 price target and a "reiterate buy"...but that's all I see. This is a really steep drop today and I'd have to know why it fell before doing anything more than a day trade. But as for a daytrade, your stop is $186.50. Still below the VWAP, but it could work if the stock breaks above 194.30 and stays there. Hope this helps.
- vfr777: @DAN $ZBRA Thanks. I'm in small for a day trade.
- Henry: @vfr777 $ZBRA There is nothing on Twitter, Stocktwits, Seekingalpha, Citron or the news. I guess someone dropped a large block of stock on the market.
- Pcdentist: @vfr777 $ZBRA Thanks for the Alert,,,,in for a Swing
- issues: Bought small $OMCL on this discount. Sold $BHC $SPR and $PUMP. ZBRA making a nice come back (Cramer mentioned that he liked $ZBRA. His bad luck
- PopsB: $ZBRA Moving good today, hit 8ema and moving back up, still in it to win it as they say. Bought when it first broke 50 SMA and it pull backed staying above SMA 50 now appears to be making a move up 3% today at high of day.
- PopsB: $ZBRA looks like a B/O
- debeers: $ZBRA-revs ok but guidance is weak.Took profits before.
- shoredriver: @debeers $ZBRA ...CEO dancing with Cramer tonight......
- DAN: @shoredriver $ZBRA Looks like the 50-day MA is holding. But man, that selloff over the past 4 days is pretty painful for the bulls.
- justinp: $ZBRA Another swan dive.
- debeers: $ZBRA-The striped pony is NOT a semi conductor co. It is, according to IBD, Zebra Tech Corp Cl A (ZBRA) - MAKES DIRECT THERMAL AND THERMAL TRANSFER PRINTERS, RFID PRINTER/ENCODERS AND DYE SUBLIMATION CARD PRINTERS. In other words, Zebra makes the machines for the striped coding of stuff. Short Form: inventory control computers and printers. 4/30 earnings
debeers: $ZBRA- So here we are. about 8 tradingdays away from report. We are already up over 40% for the year. I will be LONG through earnings.
LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – April 18, 2019 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), an inn ...
- debeers: $LRCX/$ZBRA- Lam(b)s and painted ponies $CYBR-You can feel secure with this one $UNH- beats. Does anyone care?No. No they do not
- debeers: $ANF/$LULU/$NKE-each excels in its niche. $DIS-still advancing. Picked some up last week when i erred in not having it. $ZBRA-horsie in stabe today getting a rub down before commencing on the track. Their computer is the one the retailers all use to track shipments. Earnings on the 30th BMO $LRCX- i've noticed when the semi's pull back, percentage wise it pulls back a little less and when the semis advance it tends to advance more. Earnings the 24th.
- bRobert: @debeers $ANF $LULU $NKE $DIS $ZBRA $LRCX Tiger boost to $NKE Long $ANF from $17 Wearing my LULUs as I type. Not cheap but high quality products. I get a big discount ;) Long from $120+
- debeers: $LRCX/$ZBRA- Lambs and Horses, Zebras and Lams!
- Spotdog: @debeers $ZBRA Gallop Gallop.
- debeers: @Spotdog $ZBRA -yup
- debeers: $LRCX/$VLO/$ZBRA/$BA/$DIS-all working $MOH- took 1/2 off this am
- debeers: $BA-2 more hurdles to go- the first is the meeting with the pilots who fly the Max's. So far, 1500 hours have been flown with the new fixes. The second will be getting the FAA blessing. Originally I had hoped for June, I think i'll be close on that but DAN always says (although not in Latin) Pretium est veritas:. In price truth so he can feel free to hate the stock as long as he doesn't hate the person who is letting you know what is going on.LONG $DIS-taking care of jocks and tots with the next 2 big movies due, we'll know pretty quick how the analysts feel and i'll let you know. $ZBRA-still running up LONG $VLO- still strongLONG Interesting that the petrols are NOT being viewed similarly.
- debeers: $ZBRA-There you go painted pony!
- Spotdog: @debeers $ZBRA Your pony is going to need some new shoes soon.. Too much galloping.
- debeers: $ZBRA-well, @Spotdog, if my pony needs new shoes from too much galloping: 1. This is a high class problem 2. I am the Imelda of shoes so I am sure i can pick out a nice shiny pair
- gwenzee: @debeers $ZBRA You are very well-heeled. Pun, pun!!!
- debeers: $ZBRA-Horse of a different color introduces new tracking and efficiency computer.
- Spotdog: @debeers $ZBRA As I said last week, out in the pasture and happy
$NVDA – how high could this have gone? Not very high.
$MDB – this is a lesson. Watch what happens here. Big writeup in IBD. Stock super extended. Would you buy or sell? If you owned, would you hold on for more or sel ...
- debeers: $ZBRA-CEO of LEVI is saying the biggest difference to his profitablility is his ability to be able to successfully scan and track his shipments. Enter $ZBRA-voila!
- debeers: $ZBRA- if 7 of 10 enterprises need faster operational software and Zebra has the best rugged tablet to do it then Zebra should continue to rock.
- Spotdog: @debeers $ZBRA starting to leave the herd
- olveoyl: @Spotdog $ZBRA Giddy up!
- debeers: @Spotdog $ZBRA -yes it is.
- debeers: $ZBRA-Today bRobert was talking about Amazon. Here's the way i see things: 1. Amazon is up 11.12% year to date but 2. ZBRA is up 26.38% year to date 3. Today Berenberg upped Zebra to 250 4. No earnings worries now
- debeers: $ZBRA vs $AMZN continued- And 1 more thing--If institutional money is the smart money and short interest indicates doubt, while both have a short interest less than 2%, 86% of the investment in Zebra is institutional money, while only 55% of Amazon's is. The way i see things, Amazon is a political magnet for everything. Zebra just makes money. No billboards, no protests. Calm. il like that.
- debeers: $ZBRA-Come along with me. The best is yet to be. Results already out of the way and topped all forecasts. Every large warehousing op needs what they do. Outstanding results and several conferences ahead and no one downgrading this one.
- Forexpro: Re: $ALLE, $YETI, $ZBRA Hi, Friends, These tickers came up as I scanned lazily (I know, redundant, as I'm the one doing the typing) through Barron's. One ($YETI) posted better than expected earnings; the other two are, purportedly, potential beneficiaries of continued growth by $AMZN, as their services are complementary. Of course, that's the case until it isn't, and the penalties for those voted off the island (e.g. $XPO, which was a "last mile" delivery vendor for Amazon) can be severe. I've appended the chart of $XPO here; the other charts follow. The lines with yellow dashes are where I expect to develop interest in a starter position, as these are at present all too extended for my taste. Hope you're enjoying the weekend; congrats to J.B Holmes on a gutsy win under gusty conditions at the Genesis Open at Riviera. All the best!
- Forexpro: Re: $ZBRA And last, alphabetically, but not least …
debeers: $ZBRA----ZEBRA TECHNOLOGIES-top & bottom line beats:
earnings per share --- high estimate was 3.08/average was 2.94/ low was 2.85, Co did 3.10 so it exceeded the high
rev estimate was for 1.121B, Co did 1.137B
WHAT THEY DO-
Zebra Tec ...
- debeers: $ZBRA- FROM THE CONFERENCE CALL--Not only beat but raised and sees more growth now in healthcare than even retail. Got 5 outstandings from Analysts and then had to break away. Just secured a huge order from Walgreens but on a growing sphere sees replacement of their older tablets with newer ones and monitoring for healthcare for patient locators. The analysts were a little shocked that they had consistently underestimated how good ZBRA is.
- debeers: $ZBRA-Sold my shares for 196.50. Bought on a "we hate everything day." The next down big day, I'll buy it back.
- debeers: $ZBRA- LONG FORM:Zebra Technologies Corporation designs, manufactures and sells a range of automatic identification and data capture (AIDC) products. The Company's AIDC products include mobile computers, barcode scanners, radio frequency identification (RFID) readers, wireless local area network (WLAN) products, specialty printers for barcode labeling and personal identification, real-time location systems (RTLS), related accessories and supplies, such as self-adhesive labels and other consumables, and utilities and application software. The Company operates through two segments: Enterprise, which comprises its mobile computing, data capture, RFID and WLAN products, and services, and Legacy Zebra, which comprises barcode and card printing, location solutions, supplies and services. The Company's products are used in automatic identification (auto ID), data collection and personal identification applications. SHORT FORM:Horsie of a different color should give you a money Valentine tomorrow pre FD Long.
- debeers: $ZBRA-Acquiring privately held Temptime, a temperature monitoring solutions co.
debeers: $ZBRA-horse of a different color update:
Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), an innovator at the edge of the enterprise with solutions and partners that enable businesses to gain a performance edge, will hold a press conference to showcas ...
- debeers: $ZBRA-Horse of a different color. Now absolutely right to buy.
- debeers: $ZBRA-There's your Unicorn! $SIVB-Any trade talk progress at all, this one zooms and the market is telling POTUS we need it. You have to take drammamine to be in this one but its worth it after all the fluff has been kicked out and you get healthcare with the bank ( a venture cap firm really masquerading as a regional)as well because, don't forget, they bought Leerink.
- debeers: $AMZN/$BA/$BOOT/$CYBR/$RH/$LRCX/$RH/$ZBRA-working (for today at least) $LULU-not working (for today at least) $MA-working but went out for a cup o' joe today. Will be back Monday morning. (Probably going shopping) $LRCX-nice little morningstar (I think) $NKE-just make sure you're in it when the self lacing tennies come out. They promised right after the 1st. Will be huge not only for the would be athletes but also for paraplegics and those with any dexterity problems.Not to mention the Cool Factor-oh, oops! In my opinion, Amazon will see a surge if it moves up another 3.2%. I am expecting a series of analyst conferences prior to the 2/7 report.
- champ: @debeers $AMZN $BA $BOOT $CYBR $RH $LRCX $ZBRA $LULU $MA $NKE --- All my sister-in-laws...like there gift certification ...from $LULU, everyone is busy today and not really looking at $LULU @ $123...but this is going higher...the high was $161. LOL
- debeers: $ZBRA-Horsie of a different color ( all the tracking bars on what you buy) comes through again as every package, every item you check out, all inventory support, has them. LONG FORM: Zebra Technologies Corporation designs, manufactures and sells a range of automatic identification and data capture (AIDC) products. The Company's AIDC products include mobile computers, barcode scanners, radio frequency identification (RFID) readers, wireless local area network (WLAN) products, specialty printers for barcode labeling and personal identification, real-time location systems (RTLS), related accessories and supplies, such as self-adhesive labels and other consumables, and utilities and application software. The Company operates through two segments: Enterprise, which comprises its mobile computing, data capture, RFID and WLAN proThe Company's products are used in automatic identification (auto ID), data collection and personal identification applications.ducts, and services, and Legacy Zebra, which comprises barcode and card printing, location solutions, supplies and services.
- debeers: $ZBRA-Horsie of a different stripe continues to prance higher and in my humble opinion (well, ok, that's pushing it_) I think it finishes 2nd only to $CYBR in the tech space.
- debeers: $ZBRA-Rebought my horse of a different color back at 161 and change. Solid biz should snap back.
- Spotdog: $ZBRA Looks like they beat soundly. Up almost 6% pre market
- Wolf: @Spotdog $ZBRA Great company, but if NASD rolls over, could pull it down. Medium volume 400,000.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $ZBRA Zebra Technologies Corporation. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=ZBRA&clip=107327
$ZBRA – Strong and consistent EPS growth. Printers, $RFID, etc. 3-5 year growth rate 25%. This is solid. Wait! This is not a proper entry. It is way too loose and choppy. Alert $173
$TWTR – triple digit EPS over last 3 quarters. 3-5 ...
- gig1: $ZBRA Interesting bounce that could run in short term. Small position.
- debeers: $ZBRA-You go striped horsie!
- debeers: $ZBRA-New tech specialization for Channel partners. Horse of a different color. Not your typical semi stock.
- Wolf: @debeers $ZBRA Not a semi at all. Barcode printers is their bread and butter, but their value statement is asset/inventory management. Used to work there in a prior life. Great company.
- debeers: $ZBRA-The point isn't that it is or isn't a semi stock. The point is that the market treats it as if it is and it isn't.
- debeers: $ADM/$ALSN/$BA/$BOOT/$CAT/$MTN/$NKE/$STLD/$ZBRA-If you choose the best of class, eventually you'll be ok. Like $ALSN a lot here in this market for this economy where used cars are selling better than new cars. $NKE & $BOOT are both shoe ins for top 10% of all retail stocks.
- debeers: $DXCM - This device is a measuring device for type 1 and type 2 AIC levels. I own more of $DXCM because the type 2 diabetics outnumber the type 1's by a 9 to one margin and since $TNDM decided $DXCM was their preferred partner, I want to have both. I am sorry if I wasn't clear enough for you. Hope this post does it. $ADM from 49.75 $BA from 331 in congestion (with a permission slip from Woodman). $BOOT- from 22. That's where the insti's got it so i bough there as well.(target 34). $MTN-from 156 $ZBRA-from 142- It IS a horse of a different color. $CAT from 135 because $DE didn't deserve its schmeiss and $CAT better than that one.
- debeers: $ZBRA-(my horse of a different color) is down $1.08 today. The targets for Zebra (you know them even if you think you don't--they do the bar codes on the stuff you buy) are between 170 on the low end and 200 on the high end. I don't think that they get to 200. I think they get to 185, though, just on their metrics---or 23 bucks up from here.
- debeers: $ZBRA-Completes acquisition of Xplore Tech. LONG
- debeers: $AMZN,$BA(from Friday), $DXCM, $M, $MOV,$NKTR (today on all the in sider buying activity), $STLD (don't ask), $ZBRA-longs all. Off to visit Big Dave today who is in recovery. You all have a great day.
- debeers: $BOOT/$DXCM/$MTN/$MOV/$ZBRA/ and Oh My Gosh $AMZN down a buck? hahahah
- debeers: @Forexpro $FLIR $ZBRA -really like this one and have decided it really is a horse of a different color. would like it for a skosh less..........
- Forexpro: @MBWS2018 $FLIR Good Morning, MBWS2018, Here's hoping that you had an enjoyable weekend. I'm not overly familiar with $FLIR (so please take these comments with more than the usual amount of salt), but the chart obviously looks to be in pretty good shape. I don't know that it's currently at an "ideal" buy point; something around 53.25 - which it approached on Friday - looks like a decent level to begin nibbling. It has had some buyable pullbacks recently. I'm not seeing anything pre-market, but if things deteriorate today, there could be an opportunity. Another stock in the same general neck of the woods that looks potentially interesting is $ZBRA. Best of luck with it, whatever you decide!
$HCC 9% > 50 SMA ; $ODFL 9% > 50 SMA ; $ZBRA 9% > 50 SMA ; $CPRT 9% > 50 SMA ; $NVDA 9% > 50 SMA
$BABA 9% > 50 SMA ; $WRD 9% > 50 SMA ; $IDTI 8% > 50 SMA ; $TRU 8% > 50 SMA ; $MA 8% > 50 SMA
$PLNT 7% > 5 ...
- justinp: $ZBRA Moving the right way up the top BB out of consolidation at ATH.
- justinp: $ZBRA @debeers raised this one. It had been in a tight range all May and now moving above.
- gig1: $ZBRA Coming out of volatility squeeze but 50dma well above 200dma and out of high, short base so plenty to worry about as @DAN would warn us...
- justinp: $ZBRA Marking time as the BB's narrow. Clearly defined base, NP.
A horse of a different color and a moneymaker-Presenting at the Bernstein 34th Annual Strategic Decisions conference at 2pm eastern. If you are done visiting the vomitorium, you might want to learn something. In prep, here's what they do:
- Bridget: $ZBRA hit a new 52 week high. Looks about ready to break out of this consolidation
- Bridget: $ZBRA is giving you a nice pullback. Wait for the bounce.
- Bridget: #Notes: Earnings moves today: $ALB - to support $VRX - gap and crap $MAR - still in channel $W - looking toppy, failed breakout $KORS $RL up big $ZBRA - IBD50 $PRAH - IBD50, breakout $SEAS - 59 min trade $MTW - this move is now over $TCMD - breakout $ESPR - breakout $EBIX - breakout Earnings after close: $DIS $PCLN $CBI - very high IVR $FOSL $ATHM Big turn around in the afternoon Retail continues to improve. $LULU $CHS $FL $GPS $TJX $WMT $JWN Oil continues to sink $OIH but refiners are holding $CVX $BP $COP $AAPL - breaking higher $BIDU - same $VG - up big today, new all time high, big volume $GSM - breakout $JHG - breakout $CIEN - at support $MDXG - close to breakout $DHR - breaking down further $GLNG - breaking down further
- issues: I listened to Dan's alert on $ANET (buy at a pull back to $145) and noticed a similarity to the charts of $PLAY and $ZBRA. So I am trying to decide which one to add to. We hold starter positions in all three.
- DAN: @issues $ANET $PLAY $ZBRA I wouldn't add to any of them right now, issues. They are indeed similar patterns. They've all broken the 50-day moving average and have not yet found buyers. I'd play it pretty close to the vest.
- DAN: $ZBRA -- thin stock...but holding above $100. Most recent buy signal was last month on a breakout above $95.
- issues: Last night the Mad Money Man Cramer featured a segment on video games that included $OLED and $ATVI. I bought a small starter position in both this morning. The future looks good for them. Also I like ZBRA up 14% in 10 days and holding that gain. Bought $ZBRA and added to $PI. All are LTH.
- Bridget: $ZBRA - Broke through $100 today on good volume. Setting new 52 week high. Uptrend is still intact.
- Shopaholic526: @Bridget $ZBRA Long as well. Nice chart.
$ZBRA - new all time high
$PEP $KO $XLP - all look promising here
IPOs new highs
$USFD, $PI, $ICHR, $WTTR $HLNE
$GOOS - almost
- Bridget: $ZBRA is making a move higher before earnings. ER on 5/9. I'm adding to my position here.
- Bridget: Notes: $MLCO / $WYNN - the hotel trade seems to be over, buy the anticipation sell the news $AZUL $AYX $PI $TOCA - IPOs hitting new highs $Z - had a big pullback this morning but then fully recovered $AAOI - looks ready to run higher after earnings $DE - coming out of a squeeze $CSX - working $ZBRA $COHR - IBD 50 stocks making an earnings run. ER 5/9 $CELG $UNIT - on the brink of a breakdown, could be a short set-up $WDAY - working $APD - working $FIZZ - double top
- issues: @issues $GILD My advice to myself; Sell the dog called $GILD and bury it. It's long overdue. It's beginning to smell bad. IBD this week 11 new additions: $BABA $BC $CAVM $EWBC $LOGM $LRCX $MRCY $MTCH $QRVO $TCBI $ULTA taken off the list are: $ASB $CPE $CRTO $GNTX $MBFI $MIDD $PACW $TTC $UAL $WNC $ZBRA If you look at the charts of the ones taken off, I don't see that much difference from ones they added. I wonder if they just play games with us and switch them around or if they really have a way to compute price/volume/upgrades or just throw a dart. Anyone work for IBD could intelligently answer this problem. Why would they take $WNC off? Why would they add $LOGM? It should be the other way around. Add WNC and take off LOGM! Or $UAL chart looks like $EWBC or $QRVO
- Bridget: $ZBRA pulled back again today but then bounced off $72. I started a position on Tues on the initial breakout and now I'm adding here. The weekly chart shows me this has plenty of room to run.
- Bridget: Notes: $FISV - coming out of a tight squeeze $LVS - also about to breakout of a tight squeeze. alert at $60.50 $VEEV - moving higher with ER next week. Could take out the high $WFM - sitting on support $INTU - ER this afternoon, coming out of a flag, now above 50 and 200MA $MU - nice breakout $SMH - looking close to a breakout $CEQP - consolidating here at the top of the range. Looking ready to breakout, alert $22.50 $FNSR - this well performing stock continues to work $ZBRA - breakout, pullback, now looks like it might start phase 3 $ATEN - back up to the gap $ATVI - seeing a nice bounce off the 200MA, looks good for a swing trade $MPEL - breakout higher on volume, good uptrending stock
- Bridget: $ZBRA released earnings this morning and is now breaking higher after trading sideways for 3 months.
- Bridget: Notes: $ZBRA - big move on earnings today. Extended on the daily but not on the weekly $CARA - seeing really good volume on this recent rally and now holding above $10 $TWLO - done going down and making a strong move today $ACIA - also starting to look done going down, now trading sideways $BGNE - ipo new high $VEEV - moving higher into earnings next week $CRC - nice move off the 200MA. wait for pullback and watch the weekly chart $CEQP - coming out of squeeze on the weekly $XLE - getting close to breaking out of this trading range $TLND and $NTNX - both ipos that are starting to form a new uptrend on the daily $ABX $NEM - second day of this bounce in gold. keep in mind the overall trend is still down. Only play the up for a swing trade.
- Bridget: Here are some of my end of day notes: $KORS - price alert at $52.63 for continuation of breakout $AKS - inverse head and shoulders $AKAM - still looking strong $SKX - volatility squeeze breakout $RATE - vol squeeze breakout $ZBRA - same, but the 200MA is overhead and downtrending $BABA - double bottom on the weekly $C - bullish divergence on the MACD $ROST & $PNRA - look ready to break higher out of sideways consolidation
- FHS: @Bridget $KORS $AKS $AKAM $SKX $RATE $ZBRA $BABA $C $ROST $PNRA Thank you for those notes. I find them informative, with the prospect of profitability should I use the information prudently, properly and perspicaciously. Cheers.
- champ: $ZBRA at $69 - I want to point out that I'm day trading this stock this morning and it trying to bounce off a 13 month low and it also started bouncing yesterday.
- champ: $HD and $ZBRA both are having nice moves up today. On ZBRA last earning miss was a one time event some are saying for many reasons and at Oppenheimer everything remains healthy.. tgt $110....with many tgts at $103 to $115 along with upgrades going back to Aug....could be a buying opportunity...?...take a look ..low volume today. I'm long on both stocks.
|Stock Price||$USD 242.62|
Zebra Technologies Corporation designs, manufactures and sells specialty printing devices that print variable information on demand at the point of issuance.Request Video of ZBRA
Already a member? Sign in here.
- February 11th, 2020 - 2019 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 11.39 23.00%
- $USD 8.95 19.42%
- $USD 242.46 17.81%
- $USD 16.24 -210.02%
- $USD 10.55 -28.58%
- $USD 16.25 -18.69%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 66,000 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (66,000) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!