Biogen Inc. (NASDAQ:BIIB)
Old Forum Content for BIIBMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bRobert: $BIIB oozing out . np . Watching
- bRobert: $BIIB Tight pinch. Watching
- bRobert: $BIIB Very tight. Observing
- issues: @bRobert $BIIB Remember when "very tight" meant "drunk"?
- bRobert: $BIIB offering a TRADE . Squeeze
- Ajax4Hire: @rachel COTD: $BIIB – will cover this on Wednesday. COTD - Chart of the Day. Not in the Acronym list.
- stairm01: $BIIB Nice move today for my options. This stock has moved into the gap from it's big drop.
COTD: $BIIB – will cover this on Wednesday. Fast Track Major Kickoff – trade tactics for pouncing on panic selling. Did Building a Trading Process. Huge reviews. Also, CVS, GME
$SPX – within 2% of ATH
$DJT – go ...
- stairm01: $BIIB Has moved into the gap from the 100 point drop. Long calls from below. A close above 235.77 could mean more of a move up into the gap. I'll take even a $10 (10% of the gap) move with options.
- traderbren: $BIIB - moving into the gap.
- Wolf: $BIIB Bottom fishing. BTO @223.60, stop where I bought it.
- stairm01: $BIIB Working off of the bounce from the 104 (32%) point drop after halting Alzheimer's trial. 5 billion dollar stock repurchase program in place. The cat is alive and bouncing here.
- Wolf: #Trade-error $BIIB Don't know if it was ATP or me that put an extra 0 on the quantity, but I only stopped out of 10% @ 223.60. Closed the rest @ 229.40. Glad it didn't go the other way. Nice bonus.
- debeers: $BiiB-Good co that had an epic fail in one area. Hadn't owned it in awhile and needed for it to rebound a bit. $CYBR-rebought $COP-added this one to $VLO $BA-I think the self-named Mr. Wonderful is wrong and my price point wasn't violated thanks to Forex(my Mr. Wonderful).
- shoredriver: $BIIB...Alzheimers drug scrapped...down 25% ....NP....
- CraigReynolds: @shoredriver $BIIB $17 billion lost in market cap. If a person was in $BIIB, I feel sorry for them. But on the other hand, those 1.5% shorts are happy today. Will be interesting to see how it will rebound and believe it will.
- Henry: @CraigReynolds $BIIB that falls off the bottom of my monthly chart. The hazards of biotech. Too bad for those with Alzheimers, too.
- CraigReynolds: @Henry $BIIB You hit the nail on the head. Alzheimers is/has been a major part of my family/friends. Big lost for $BIIB, hope all is not lost and they keep on keeping on for solution.
- efrain007: $BIIB might work for a trade, though being a bio it can keep going down just as much as positive news can keep driving them up.
- 86944T: @efrain007 $BIIB I’m in. Stop below LOD. We’ll see if 3 standard deviations work.
- efrain007: $BIIB taking a shot, in 234.50
- DAN: $BIIB -- if any of you are trading Biogen as a bounce trade, it's not working. 20 minutes into the day and it's still just barely above its opening print. Not what you want to see.
- mradams0621: @DAN $BIIB Could you take a look at $VKTX . Higher low and moving. Just another shinny object?
- DAN: @mradams0621 $BIIB $VKTX Hey MrAdams. I don't think it's another shiny object, and I do see the itsy bitsy higher low that you're talking about. But the stock is just in a range now. Buying it now would be an anticipation that the stock is going to break through the February high, and I'm not sure that it's gonna do that. It might; but it might not. So I think you'd just kinda be guessing if you bought it today. Might work out, but might not. And I don't think there is an edge to be had here. It's not as if the 2.5 month sideways range is a bullish setup. It's just a tight range. I think you'd be best to just watch it. Perhaps set an alert at $9 bucks to get your attention, at which time you could look at it again. Make sense?
- efrain007: @DAN $BIIB Thanks Dan you're probably right but I liked all that immediate buying at the open so I will hold for now.
- DAN: @efrain007 $BIIB Sure. Hope it works out. I think the bottom has been put in at $230. So it might work, efrain007. Keep us posted on it. :-)
- 86944T: @efrain007 $BIIB Support at 230 and resistance at 235. Can’t seem to break through
- efrain007: @86944T $BIIB Nope, but if it does break the high I'll be looking to add on a PB
- gwenzee: @DAN $BIIB $230 didn't hold. Bottom doesn't seem to be in sight yet. NP
- efrain007: @gwenzee $BIIB Hope it's bottomed now, I have my stop at 224.
- mradams0621: @DAN $BIIB $VKTX Thank you. It just hit it, so it has my attention. Now what? lol
- DAN: @gwenzee $BIIB I took a couple of trades on BIIB today and got stopped out of both of them. If I'm 0-for-2, I never even think about risking going 0-for-3. I leave it alone. "I fought the stock, and the stock won."
- efrain007: $BIIB didn't work, out 226.74
- gwenzee: @efrain007 $BIIB Don't try to catch that falling knife. Wait 'til it hits the floor and bounces before you pick it up. IMHO
- gwenzee: @DAN $BIIB As you sometimes say, "TBSS"
- efrain007: @gwenzee $BIIB Thanks, was in for a day trade and thought it would bounce with all the buying in the first 5. Should have sold sooner but I'm okay with a small loss. May try again if it takes out today's high, but I generally don't chase losing trades.
- captron: $BIIB Has bounced. Need a little more volume though. Looking for about 15 more bucks of upside.
- bwcarnation1: @captron $BIIB seems it's been a low vol day all around after 3 up days...maybe a pause?
- bRobert: @Cokeman1959 $MRK There are many drug stocks that are working and at reasonable valuations. Biotech is primed for a big run. Individual names . eg $VRTX $ALXN $AMGN $BIIB $REGN . or the ETFs . $XBI $IBB . $LABU . There is always another train coming . No need to get fixated /frustrated on one stock.
- bRobert: @scottrades $VRTX A WEEKLY chart! My legs are getting wobbly. Good work. I'm an owner. Setting up nicely. I think many of the big cap names will start showing their metal eg $REGN $BIIB $VRTX $CELG interesting trade on pullback
- debeers: $BIIB-add'l research and anouncements Biogen To Collaborate With Skyhawk Therapeutics In Developing Treatments For Neurological Diseases 8:01 AM ET, 01/04/2019 - MT Newswires 08:01 AM EST, 01/04/2019 (MT Newswires) -- Biogen (BIIB) said early Friday that it forged a strategic collaboration with Skyhawk Therapeutics with a view to discover and develop small molecule treatments for patients with neurological diseases. As part of the collaboration, Biogen paid Skyhawk $74 million for research services, which will leverage the latter's SkySTAR technology platform. The deal also gave Biogen an exclusive license to therapeutic candidates for multiple sclerosis, spinal muscular atrophy and other neurological diseases to be developed under the collaboration, while Skyhawk is entitled to potential future milestone payments and royalties.
- debeers: THE JPM HEALTHCARE CONFERENCE IN SF IS A VERY BIG DEAL - It begins on Monday and the Upgrades and Downgrades usually follow pretty quickly. I have $BIIB going in and as most of you on the East Coast will already be eating dinner, I'll send y'all the notes on this one: CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Biogen Idec Inc. (NASDAQ:BIIB) announced today that its presentation and breakout session at the 26th Annual JPMorgan Healthcare Conference will be webcast live via the internet, on Monday, January 7, 2008 at 4:00 p.m. PT. Whatever you own in this space, you owe it to yourself to read their presentations.
debeers: $BIIB -@DAN-Squoze and broke out. Did I mention it was above the 50 and above the 200? No?
Here's the history and for what to look forward from Bengalu
FYI- JPM Healthcare conference is next week and you m ight want to look at whatever biotech is y ...
- debeers: LOSERS OF THE DAY ON STOCKS WE'VE COVERED BEFORE: $NTES, $DGX, $CMG, $ALGN, $AZO, $BIDU, $BIIB, $MA, NP pn any of these but this is a dollar amount list, NOT a per centage list.
- issues: @sierramp $ATHN But bioteck is a "maybe." I read an article that listed the best biotechs for a rebound: $CELG $NKTR (no pe) $ILMN $REGN $ALXN $VRTX $AMGN $GILD $BIIB $ABBV $A $INCY. But this list is just about all the big biotechs isn't it?
- bRobert: $AMGN $BIIB $REGN $VRTX Perky big cap biotech
- bRobert: $AGN $REGN $BIIB Consolidating nice summer gains. Preparing for next move. Watch. React. These will be big moves.
- bRobert: $AMGN $BIIB $REGN $VRTX . $GILD . Big cap biotech with high upside.
- bRobert: $AMGN $REGN $BIIB $CELG $GILD . $VRTX Big cap biotech names All green except VRTX
- bRobert: $AMGN Look for this to bounce.soon. Best chart in sector. Also $VRTX $BIIB $REGN deserve close watch
- issues: @bRobert $AAPL There was an article today about what stock mutual funds are buying. The article mentioned $CVS $UNP $BIIB $ROST $ABT $HCA $ABMD but did not mention $AAPL In the $200 million club was $BA $TMO $BSX $UAL but not $AAPL!
- kus123: @bRobert $IBB $TLRY $AMGN $VRTX $BIIB $REGN $CELG $CARA Thanks for you post. How do I know stock is Speculative or not?
- bRobert: @kus123 $IBB $TLRY $AMGN $VRTX $BIIB $REGN $CELG $CARA The large cap names have strong revenues/earnings. Large cah reserves and strong institutional support. Some like $AMGN even pay a 2.5% dividend. Many of the specs have never had positive earnings, are dependent on cash infusions for survival, and many also have a small stock float that is more subject to whipsaw action. Many are dependent upon the development of only a handful of unproven drugs at best. Biotech and drug companies in general have headline risk based on medical study results as well as legislative changes to a smaller degree. You have much greater safety in an ETF that contains manybig players with great cash flows and and a better instinct for survival.
- bRobert: $GILD has quietly broken out. Shhhhhhhh. Big box biotech very perky . $CELG blasted Through the 50/200 yesterday. Nice WEEKLY reversal pattern setup with $110+ target Neckline $95 . $BIIB $REGN tight consolidation. Explosion hazard.
bRobert: $IBB $TLRY $AMGN $VRTX $BIIB $REGN $CELG $CARA
$IBB . I'm a bit puzzled by the choice of biotech stocks reviewed in the strategy session. These are SPEC stocks. I own a few of them , but they .are not representative of the $IBB .I do not i ...
- bRobert: @woodman $REGN Another deepy undervalued big cap biotech along with$BIIB $VRTX $CELG
- bRobert: @shoredriver $IBB $LABU I am actually using $BIB for TRADING since it better reflects $IBB . I think IBB will outperform $XBI for a bit in a catchup trade. Big cap names are ready for HUGE runs $BIIB $VRTX $REGN $CELG $AMGN
- bRobert: $IBB . I'm very overweight IBB which has measured move targets of $140/$160 . 16%/33% . above current levels. Not too shabby. Looking over individual names , some of the big box biotech .companies represent exceptional values. $BIIB . $REGN . could each easily run up 100 points. 25 - 30% . upside. $CELG is the value king given its high double digit revenue/earnings growth. selling at 9x 2019 earnings PEG <<1. $AMGN has a bullet proof chart. WEEKLY breakout target $230. 10% . $VRTX just completed a WEEKLY breakout with 20% upside. $210 To sum up, large cap biotech is set up for a very big move. The safest play with the highest % measured move upside is $IBB which also has liquid options available for those who like to play that way. I will continue to be VERY long until the charts change their bullish story. $CURE or $XLV have outperformed this year and are another option for those seeking a broader healthcare exposure.
- tartan: @bRobert $IBB $BIIB $REGN $CELG $AMGN $VRTX $CURE $XLV I like ur thought process and admire ur longer term price target strat. I bot $AMGN earlier in month on a little breakout I bot @ 101.10 n sold @ 107.10. I will continue to watch and whether I in or not I hope ur targets get hit.
- CraigReynolds: @bRobert $IBB $BIIB $REGN $CELG $AMGN $VRTX $CURE $XLV So many option plays. Is this a dart play, long play?
- bRobert: @CraigReynolds $IBB $BIIB $REGN $CELG $AMGN $VRTX $CURE $XLV Leap calls . or call spreads in IBB. Expecting a $20 - $40 (long term) . move. Absolute gold in terms of option returns. Think 100% - 300% . and more. eg . Mar or Jul . 120's . Scale in. Sell some calls against after big runs. This will reduce your costs greatly and hedge a bit while remaining long. Currently IBB is at top of range on the daily. It may pull back a bit or do a range breakout. The WEEKLY has completed a range breakout. The MONTHLY has just broken out and has a flag with a $140 target. >$122.53 would be a nh and trigger with a whole lot of blue sky.
- tlisakson: $BIIB - looking like a nice set up and start of breakout from squeeze.
- bRobert: @tlisakson $BIIB The $IBB WEEKLY is breaking out. All will come along
- bRobert: @traderbren $VRTX $IBB Tail wagging the dog. $AMGN early ph 3. $BIIB ready to explode. $REGN $GILD, $CELG .
- bRobert: $REGN $VRTX $BIIB $CELG Other big cap tech with strong setups along with $AMGN This will push $IBB up or the $IBB will be the tail that wags the dogs.
- bRobert: $BIIB Nice tight squeeze continues.Resolution will make for a powerful move. Bias up. Will change sides if proven wrong. Loyal to the chart, not the company
- bRobert: $BIIB $REGN $VRTX I'm mostly in the $IBB but these are very bullish charts. $AMGN $CELG also. Big cap tech, Poised for very big gains.
- BobbyG: $BIIB Breaking out of squeeze, following up from yesterday.
- Runnie33: @BobbyG $BIIB LOL Just came in to post the same thing! Kind of sloppy chart, though.
- BobbyG: $BIIB has been squeezing near the 50 DMA and looking to break out.
- bRobert: @BobbyG $BIIB Biotech has broken out $IBB Expect most bullish biotech stocks to follow along
- bRobert: @gwenzee $GILD Not my favorite of the group. These are $AMGN $VRTX $CELG $BIIB . $REGN . $SRPT spec play
- gwenzee: @bRobert $GILD $AMGN $VRTX $CELG $BIIB $REGN $SRPT I have NP in any of these.
- bRobert: $BIIB higher low. Watching for move >350.70 higher high
- bRobert: $BIIB higher high/low. Nice weekly reversal set up. Many big cap biotech companies constructing bullish set ups. $VRTX $GILD $AMGN others or get them all $IBB
- jwstich: $BIIB shares down about 35 dollars following release of results yesterday. The results raised a lot of questions. CEO to be on CNBC shortly. https://tinyurl.com/y748osjp
- Wykeman: $BIIB. Nice bounce..in play
- BobbyG: $BIIB Outta be moving. Great news!
- bRobert: @BobbyG $BIIB $450 targeted move
- bRobert: $IBB significantly outperforming $XBI Several big cap names with nice gains eg $BIIB $CELG . Big cap pharma $BMY $JNJ with nice gains
- bigbartabs: @bRobert $IBB $XBI $BIIB $CELG $BMY $JNJ ... IBB beating XBI... it sure did. I sold my $LABU when it broke below yesterday's low. I probably won't play again until XBI pulls back to the 50dma... or gets above all the overhead traffic. Good luck brutha...
- bRobert: $BIIB Preliminary results on Alzheimer's drug trial lifting shares over 13% pm. $IBB in tow
$BIIB – biotech wreck. 50-day MA holding…but that’s all I can say.
$ARWR – stick with his one. Take some off the table.
$GRMN – good entry here…but the pattern isn’t very tight. Stop below $59.
$VG &nda ...
$BIIB – You could buy it above $110 for a trade...
$VG – When to add?
- champ: More earnings in the morning....$CAT $LLY $BIIB $KO $LMT $MAS $TECK $VZ and others.... they also will be telling the markets, how the economy is doing. Then the markets will be showing investors the ....real....#Market-Direction.
- champ: $BIIB @ $291....this level might work....acting like it wants to move up.
$BIIB was raised to Buy from Neutral with a $410 price target (versus a $352.59 close) at UBS.
$EA was reiterated as Outperform and the price target was raised to $143 from $131 at Credit Suisse, with the firm noting the acceleration in the Live Se ...
- bsafriet: @1winkie $AET $AKS $AAL $AAPL $ALLY $ALV $BIIB $EA $ESRX $FIT $FL $IMGN $MCD $MET $NGVC $NKE $PFE Thanks for the updates!
- ROSEY: @bsafriet $AET $AKS $AAL $AAPL $ALLY $ALV $BIIB $EA $ESRX $FIT $FL $IMGN $MCD $MET $NGVC $NKE $PFE DITTO. 8 )
- bRobert: $BIIB $ABBV "phase 2" Going higher . Watch for resumption breakout.
- bRobert: $BIIB Watching throwback. Will add on bounce
- bRobert: $VRTX $BIIB $VRTX flag $BIIB strong follow through post earnings. I told you these have 100 point + target moves. Long leap calls for a while
- bRobert: $BIIB . beat and raised guidance. Looking for nh based on pm. Target $450+ . Long leap calls for a while
- bRobert: $BIIB $VRTX . nh's No surprise. Long way to go still. Very high upside. Buy on pullbacks
- bRobert: $VRTX $BIIB Moving higher 100 point + price targets long term. Long leap calls from below Add on pullbacks
- bRobert: $VRTX $BIIB Both with $100 upsides. Long leap calls
- bRobert: $BIIB WEEKLY breakout Targets $400+ Add on pullbacks
- bRobert: $BIIB High targets $385 $450 Long leap calls/spreads
- bRobert: $VRTX $BIIB Beautiful weekly charts with high targets. Long leap calls for a while
- bRobert: $BIIB Great weekly chart. High $400 target. Alert >$345
|Stock Price||$USD 225.85|
Biogen Idec Inc., is a global biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and markets therapies for the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS) and other autoimmune disorders, neurodegenerative diseases and hemophilia.Request Video of BIIB
Already a member? Sign in here.
- October 22nd, 2019 - 2019 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 87.50 95.06%
- $USD 37.01 52.97%
- $USD 6.63 36.12%
- $USD 7.58 %
- $USD 16.98 -63.59%
- $USD 5.89 -63.10%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 64,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (64,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!