Coupa Software Incorporated (NASDAQ:COUP)
Old Forum Content for COUPMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
$COUP – wedging pattern is a concern.
$TEAM – heavy. Watch $130. Alert $130
$WDAY – Pulling back within the pattern. Alert $210
$NOW – pulling back a bit. Alert $280
$WK – Watch the 50-day MA. Alert $56
$PAYS &nda ...
- Sher: $COUP - Back in, again, this time with Aug. $145 calls, long - Has been closely tracking 8-day MA and just crested above VWAP for another ATH.
5. $COUP – still working.
6. $PAYS – very strong acceleration in Revs. Earnings starting to kick in. Horrible buy point unless trend trading with 8-day EMA. Potential GSL.
7. $SHOP – Potential GSL.
- Robert1965: $CYBR, $COUP, $TWLO all up +1.75%
- teachintx: @DAN $INSP I'm trying to hold my positions longer because I've sold too early on several really good ones. $COUP & $TWLO. Can you tell me your thinking for selling this one? I know you're going to say it's depends on my timeframe. It started as a swing trade but has turned into a longer term hold. I bought my first shares on 6/26. I guess I just need help selling (into strength?).
$COUP – drifting along 8-day EMA. 20-day MA is a better entry. Consider some on the next pullback, which could take a while.
$CYBR – sideways consolidation. Still building the next base. Not actionable, but has a lot of potential.
- DAN: Market weakening. I would be careful about taking any risk today. I have no way to quantify why I'm saying this. I'mjust looking at a lot of stocks that are petering out at the same time. $TEAM $LULU $PAYC $GLOB $CYBR $COUP $EHTH $ZS -- these growth stocks are all weak today. Still on trend, but I'm just seeing some weakness. 8-) Dan
- Robert1965: $GLOB $COUP $TEAM hit ATH today
$COUP – also 8 day EMA.
$CYBR – flat. 50-day MA is fair value. Nothing here yet. Alert $130.00
$EHTH – 8 day MA.
$GLOB – squeezing a bit. 20-day MA
$IIPR – consolidating now. Has potential. Alert $135.00
$LHCG &ndash ...
- Robert1965: @DAN you made me money by me not buying, any advance on $coup, 2nd and 3rd Bollinger waiting foe entry
COTD: $CYBR & $COUP
$SPX – new high
$DJI – new high.
$DJT – coiling here.
$NDX – testing high
$VIX—X – serious complacency…but that’s normal in this type of market.
$MTCH – 50-day MA holding ...
- Robert1965: $COUP hit ATH 132.75
$COUP – Day trade - Took 35% gains on July $130 calls – Out @ $6.80.
$XLU – New position – Aug. $60 calls...
$ICE – Perking up as double bottom plays out – Holding several July $87.50 calls which are up 68% on t ...
$COUP – Position add, earlier (July $130 calls).
$ABBV – Back in on PB…
- Sher: $RIOT - Bitcoin now up $1,615 on the day - Very long stock and calls... $COUP, $LK - New positions $MOS - Taking profits, for now... $ABBV - Took profits on 2nd tranche of calls.
- debeers: @Sher $RIOT $COUP $LK $MOS $ABBV --YAY you on the $RIOT! have a great weekend
$COUP -- Holding along 20-day MA
$LULU -- 50-day MA is support. Stop would be $174.
$TEAM -- 50-day MA support. That’s where you buy.
$WDAY -- still trending higher. At buy area...as long as you protect with a tight stop….but I don&rs ...
$ABT $ABUS $ACIA $ADRO $AEM $AFL $AGCO $AGX $AIG $ALGN $ALKS $ALL $AMP $AMT $ANAB $ANF $ANTM $AOBC $APA $APT $APYX $ASH $ASIX $AYI $BAX $BCRX $BEAT $BIDU $BIIB $BKD $BKNG $BLMN $BLOK $BMY $BOOM $CACC $CALA $CARS $CCI $CDE $CELG $CENT $CGEN $CHK $CLV ...
- Aragorn: @Ajax4Hire $ABT $ABUS $ACIA $ADRO $AEM $AFL $AGCO $AGX $AIG $ALGN $ALKS $ALL $AMP $AMT $ANAB $ANF $ANTM $AOBC $APA $APT $APYX $ASH $ASIX $AYI $BAX $BCRX $BEAT $BIDU $BIIB $BKD $BKNG $BLMN $BLOK $BMY $BOOM $CACC $CALA $CARS $CCI $CDE $CELG $CENT $CGEN ...
DAN: #GrowthStocks -- Some of these are acting well in a lousy tape. Others aren't.
First: $PLNT is not on this list any longer. I've been squawking about the action in this stock for a while because of the steep selloff and suggesting that it be avoid ...
- Spotdog: @DAN $PLNT $LHCG $CYBR $IIPR $GLOB $VEEV $ZS $EHTH $ULTA $AMZN $ADBE $LULU $PAYC $WK $TEAM $COUP $TWLO #GrowthStocks @DAN "Aligator arms" can also be a reference to someone that never seems to grab the lunch bill before you do
- DAN: @Spotdog $PLNT $LHCG $CYBR $IIPR $GLOB $VEEV $ZS $EHTH $ULTA $AMZN $ADBE $LULU $PAYC $WK $TEAM $COUP $TWLO #GrowthStocks LOL. Yeah, I've known people like that. Irritating...and always end up in the category of "people that I used to know."
5. $COUP – should be locking in some profits here.
6. $GLOB – lightening up here? You should be. At least use protective trailing stops. Alert $100.
7. $WING – should be lightening up. This is extended and heavy. Bearish Engul ...
- Sluggo: $DIS $EHTH $AMT $UPLD $COUP $LABU $V $CSII $KL $TVIX My current port - more diversified barbell than it was a couple of weeks ago. Just FYI..
$COUP – no comment
$WK – no comment
$TEAM – would want this to test 50-day MA
$WDAY – close to 50-day MA. Support at $200.
$WING – very extended here.
$EHTH – under buying pressure. Accumulation.
$PLNT – n ...
- Robert1965: @DAN $COUP could you comment on price action today off ATH of yesterday down to Friday almost low
$COUP -- this could pull back quite a bit, still. Way up above 50-day MA and last support level.
$PAYC -- 2nd day of reversal. Would look for support at $200
$TEAM -- looking for $200 buyers.
$NOW -- looking for $260 buyers.
Lots of stocks doing ...
- Jazman0013: @DAN $TNDM $EHTH $IIPR $COUP $PAYC $TEAM $NOW #GSL I am notorious about losing track of former holdings once I sell. If I want to keep them on the radar keeping a position is about the only way for me.
- 86944T: @DAN $TNDM $EHTH $IIPR $COUP $PAYC $TEAM $NOW #GSL Makes sense. Thanks so much for your response.
$COUP—big mover after earnings. Staying long. Would add on $110 pullback.
$NOW – sideways channel with $280 top
$TNDM – Buy point at $70 breakout.
$WING & $VEEV – super strong. Too hot to buy…but not to hold.
- DAN: @DAN $COUP working well. I have a position that I'm planning on holding a while. This is one of the stocks that I mentioned just building a core position and hanging on...trading around it over the weeks and months, as long as it's working.
- dngrisk: @DAN $PAYC Do you see a trading top in $PAYC, but not $COUP because volume is below average. Otherwise, both charts looks similar?
- DAN: @dngrisk $PAYC $COUP Could be for COUP, too. But they're continuing to move higher. Through resistance. $AMZN just blew through 1790, and these obvious "even number" resistance levels aren't really holding for very long. Dangerous market to be short. I have a lot of positions in the growth stocks. Almost all of them. Just managing my stops and trying not to "micromanage" the positions.
- traderbren: $COUP -- the move may be done for today, so make sure you tighten up stops in the event it moves lower.
- DAN: $COUP -- I took a small short on COUP this morning. Just for a trade, with a stop above this morning's intraday high.
- debeers: $COUP- Long form: Analyst Actions: BofA Merrill Lynch Lifts Coupa Software's Price Target to $125 From $120, Reiterates Buy Rating 9:08 AM ET, 06/04/2019 - MT Newswires 09:08 AM EDT, 06/04/2019 (MT Newswires) -- Coupa Software's (COUP) average rating among analysts is a buy, with an average price target of $100. Short form: Coup blew away the numbers on its earnings report
- debeers: $COUP-Long
- DAN: @DAN $COUP Paper profit on this short is now 3.6%. Actually more than I was looking for. I'll cover soon. My stop is now below my entry, which makes this a trade that has a worst case scenario of a small profit.
- DAN: @DAN $COUP Closed. 3.5% profit. Might have closed too soon, but I'm looking at the clock, and at my schedule. This is the type of trade that can generate decent income if you just pick your stocks and not ask too much...and make risk management a key part of your trade.
- Robert1965: @DAN $COUP when did you decide to short it, and at what point
- DAN: @Robert1965 $COUP When it fell back below $111. Very brief time period between decision and action. 5 seconds.
- debeers: $COUP-stops saved me this am.
- traderbren: $COUP - after a test of the 50d, set an alert at the 20d as it could draw interest once it clears it. NP
$COUP – Up on good earnings. Where is the supply? Look up.
$TEAM – not a healthy consolidation. This looks like a top.
$PAYC – Would not be long this stock. Look how fast it fell through the box.
$WK – looks almost exactly ...
$COUP – earnings on Monday.
$EHTH – Stabilizing in new range above breakout.
$OKTA – selling into strength in this market is good.
$NFLX – looks shortable.
$AMZN – not a healthy chart.
$MDB – s ...
$COUP – Earnings Monday 6/3
$OLLI – Earnings Thursday 6/6
$ZS – Thursday. I took some off today.
$WK – raise stop to $52.95.
$GLOB – take some profits here and keep a stop below $90 on the rest.
$EHTH – Clos ...
$COUP – working well. Hold this. Earnings early June.
$CYBR – very strong. Up over 50%.
$EHTH – So far, a dud.
$GLOB – steady mover. Not filling the box.
$IIPR – Gradually consolidating. Holding above 50-day MA
$COUP – Look at the box.
$WDAY – look at the box.
$ZS – where would you draw the box here?
$SWI – squeezing near 50 day MA. Time to buy? No. Squeezes go both ways.
$FIVE – Chinese tariffs? Market doesn ...
- sierramp: $COUP day two after nice consolidation Feb - Mar - April.
- bRobert: $COUP . A real coup if you can get this closer to the 20d on a weak day . $120 . high base target 1.
- sierramp: $COUP the gift that keeps on giving. Consolidation Feb, Mar and April. Coors announced recently they have selected Coupa to modernize it's business through improved procurement and expense processes.
- debeers: @sierramp $COUP -And what a coup for those who have it. As respects Coors, they need to do something.
- bRobert: @sierramp $COUP A real COUP Great chart/base . Springboard to higher targets
- bogiedog1: Rookie question, sorry if it is lame... Why does the 50 Day Moving Average act so differently on the daily chart vs the 3 month or 1 year chart? For example, $COUP on the daily is right at the 50 Day MA, then zooming out to 3 month or 1 year, it is well above the average... (using Fidelity website).
- 86944T: @bogiedog1 $COUP Check your settings. I don’t use Fidelity, but if I look at the 50 day MA on a daily chart for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, the MA value is within pennies on each. Also, I show $COUP 50 day MA to be $97.20. Which is not the current price of $114.81.
- DAN: $COUP -- Watch for COUP to break through $115. This is a nice move out of a cup and handle pattern.
- bogiedog1: @86944T $COUP Double checking, Thx.
- DAN: @bogiedog1 $COUP No such thing as a lame question, bogie. That's why we're here. Right now, 50-day SIMPLE moving average is 97.15. 50-day EXPONENTIAL moving average is $98.28. If you've got any other value, something's wrong. Does this answer your question?
$COUP – working. New high.
$IIIV – yesterday’s breakout continued today. My stop remains just below $25.
$ADUS – rejected breakout. Needs a lot more time.
$REMX – rare earth metals. This can scream IF China draws a h ...
- DAN: Good morning. Futures are down a bit this morning as the "Sell in May" thesis plays out. As for general market direction and health, I would be focusing on the 50-day moving average. Trend followers view sustained prices below the 50-day ...
- DAN: @Robert1965 $TWLO I have a little bit of Twilio. The stock is acting well. If you're intending to own the stock for awhile and ok with it churning at current levels, I think $140 levels are ok to start a position. But if you're buying because you think the stock is going to pop higher, then you might re-think your strategy. I don't think that's gonna happen. But stocks zig zag all the time, and $TWLO ($COUP) are still behaving well. Hope this makes sense to you, Robert. Dan
- bigbartabs: @DAN et al... $TWLO $COUP $DELL ... experience... yes. It means a lot, especially in the "don't panic" department. Where I used to just sell when things started getting dicey on a particular day... I now just back out of the daily and int ...
$COUP – working.
$FN – Huawei thing.
$COUP – at top of short term range. Prefer to buy on a pullback to closer to $100. Set an alert for this at $103.
$OLLI – acting well in choppy market.
$WING – Set alert at $80.10.
$ZS – really solid perform ...
DAN: Good morning. Just wanted to pop in and mention a couple of things.
Look at $TWLO and $COUP. Their action is very similar. Looked great yesterday, but gapped down slightly -- back into yesterday's trading range. So they are currently trading &qu ...
- JoeTrader: @DAN $TWLO $COUP $DELL Thanks Dan for the heads up in $COUP...looking at a Bull Put Spread in June...-1 110P / +1 105P for 2.10cr
- sierramp: $COUP having a very nice follow-through after yesterday. Regretting I didn't make my initial buy larger.
- DAN: $COUP also breaking out.
- DAN: $COUP -- breaking out above $105.
5. $COUP—weak breakout today...but volume was a bit higher than average.
6. $ZEN – could start a position here, and add on a breakout above $90. Stop would be below Monday’s low (around $81.95)
7. $ZTS – still needs more tig ...
10. $COUP – Waiting for a breakout on volume. Alert $105
11. $GE – Alert $10.50
12. $MGTX – good earnings, and positive Phase ½ trial of drug. Alert $21.85
13. $FRPT – holding at $45. Stop at $44.
- Ajax4Hire: $NOW - ServiceNow and $COUP - COUPA Software both seem to be resilience to the market today.
- Sluggo: $ZS $COUP $HUBS $MIME update from a couple of weeks ago: $ZS is breaking out today (currently up $3) on heavy volume out of a tightening cone (what do you call this pattern, a backwards megaphone?? Anyway, $HUBS and $COUP are still comfortably above the 20d. $MIME is a cup w handle that is now forming the handle right at the 20d.
- Sluggo: I don't know why I feel compelled to do this, but it might help someone on trying to find some holdings. These are my holdings, minus the $TVIX that I employ from time to time to hedge. These things are working...take what you will for it. $MIME $DELL $COUP $ZS $MSFT $V $NAIL $PYPL $MA and $TWTR. Yours to research. Good luck to all!
- Sluggo: $HUBS $MIME $COUP all 3 had 3 month long consolidations and broke out on volume. $MIME broke out today, $COUP broke out on Friday and $HUBS broke out on Friday. Sweet charts and good fundies on all.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $COUP Coupa Software Incorporated. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=COUP&clip=110407
7. $COUP – software group still working. Stock still a bit choppy and needs to tighten up to sustain another move higher. You’d need to give it about 6% of room…$85 support, which is a bit wide for me.
8. $FTNT – still chur ...
- traderbren: $COUP - on its way to a new high! Long.
A few stocks I'm in are: $DELL, $EHTH $GLUU $TAL $SBUX $KIDS $ORLY $FRPT $AMZN $NFLX. These are all stocks that I've covered recently, so should be no surprises. I thought about buying $COUP, but it's stalling at $100, so I just need to see it bre ...
5. $COUP – Stopped at $100. Alert $100.50
1. $XLF – short this (weekly chart)? 200-day MA failure? Now being cursed as a contrarian I have no intention of shorting it because of the overall market strength but I see thi ...
- traderbren: $COUP - is primed to push higher from here.
PTinME: @debeers $BA $COUP $LRCX
I'm no pro but it seems that BA "fairly" low-risk long at around 370. Not charting this but look at how it has traded sinse the crash. It went down as low as 365, has high as 400, and now we are around 370. I cert ...
- PJMR11: @PTinME $BA $COUP $LRCX Sometimes I think stops are like the "prevent defense" in football. They prevent you from winning. I have found it really difficult to set an effective stop, although I keep trying. My stops seem to act as magnets for the price. Tried all kinds tight stops and loose stops.
PTinME: @PJMR11 $BA $COUP $LRCX
Stops have in the past cost me more money then made me more money. Then again, I break rules and do some risky trade that I should have learned in over a decade, have cost me small fortunes that have cost me in the end. My t ...
- debeers: $BA/$COUP/$LRCX-Boeing wil be dead money until the fix is done and it is deemed airworthy. Could take weeks and weeks. So i traded it for Coupa and Lam Research which will work now.
- issues: @debeers $BA $COUP $LRCX Good move. Cramer interview the CEO of COUP last night. We are longer term holders of COUP> Welcome to the club. I am looking at diagnostics, since I just had my blood taken for analysis. The IBD group is 12, with the following: $NEO $BEAT $JYNT(flag pattern) $NVTA $GH (too extended). We are holding NEO and BEAT. NVTA looks good! $AVCO has an interesting chart. Perchance another ride up? NP
- mrmike: @shoredriver $PS The last one was $COUP on Jan 17.
- bRobert: $COUP . A real COUP for owners. Great chart
- Roadrunner: $COUP breakout
- bRobert: @Roadrunner $COUP I LOVE this stock and chart. $100/$110 . measured moves Add on pb/bounces MANY in play. $MDB . 110/$120 . $DATA $150 .
- stairm01: $coup @mrmike and bRobert Thanks for raising this one to my attention yesterday. I was looking at $PANW but bought calls in $COUP. Up nicely today.
- bRobert: @stairm01 $coup $PANW $COUP You made a coup
- spmeyers: $COUP breaking out of its recent range
- bRobert: @spmeyers $COUP It has flown the coup
- spmeyers: @bRobert $COUP good one! let's hope there is no coup-de'etat
- stairm01: $COUP Took profits a little while ago. Nice run today and day 3. Profits in the bank days are still my game in this market. Could turn down anytime.
- mrmike: @stairm01 $coup $PANW $COUP Glad it worked for you. I put buy order around $63.00.
- mrmike: @DAN or @bRobert, I'm looking at $COUP. The chart looks similar to $PANW. Appreciate your thoughts
- bRobert: @mrmike $COUP $PANW Know them . Double bottom range breakout target $82.50 Wait for it or buy SMALL Add in scales with confirmed move on pb/bounces
- mrmike: @bRobert $COUP $PANW Thanks for the help
|Stock Price||$USD 127.89|
Coupons.com Incorporated provides a digital promotion platform that connects brands and retailers with consumer. It delivers digital coupons to consumers, including printable coupons, save-to-card coupon and coupon codes for e-commerce.Request Video of COUP
Already a member? Sign in here.
- December 2nd, 2019 - 2020 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 38.85 12.89%
- $USD 87.22 9.78%
- $USD 10.99 7.46%
- $USD 30.29 -20.84%
- $USD 13.78 -20.23%
- $USD 10.17 -18.61%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 65,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (65,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!