CVS Health Corporation (NYSE:CVS)
Old Forum Content for CVSMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- JeffyJ: $CVS selling into the gap. Did I say that correctly?
- phgruver: Y'all may remember that back on 2/20, $CVS reported pretty good earnings, but guided lower, causing the stock to "tank", going from $70/share down, eventually, to the low 50's. Well, today, $CVS reported 1st qtr earnings of $1.62, vs expectations of $1.50, and guided higher. The stock is up about 4.5% this morning. As it was in a volatility squeeze, going into earnings, it could easily squirt back up over $60.
- phgruver: Anybody that likes to go dumpster diving, you might want to put $CVS on your watch list. After reporting an earnings beat, but disappointing forward guidance, on Feb 20, $CVS dropped into the low 50's. Now, however, it has been down there long enough to form a base. The BB's are getting pretty tight, and, at these levels, the dividend is 3.74%, This, to me, looks like a pretty good #VALUE candidate.
- stairm01: $BMY $CVS Long stock in these two beat down healthcare stocks. BMY earnings in the past and the stock is moving up off of a double bottom.
- stairm01: @phgruver $CVS #VALUE I went long stock last week and started a position in BMY this morning. Might see some sector rotation into these healthcare stocks that have been beaten down.
- phgruver: @stairm01 $CVS #VALUE $BMY is definitely a #VALUE stock. The dividend is running 3.57%. IMHO, between $45 and $50 is the buy range. Another to look at is $GSK. They are paying 5.16%, at these levels. As a UK based company, they have a different attitude toward dividends than US stocks have. $GSK reports on 5/1. A good report will definitely send them higher.
- kt4000: added more $NFLX, $VIAB, sold $OIH, $XOP nice profits will re-buy in a few days. Added a full position of $GOOGL, $FII over the last few days and dumped the rest of $CVS yesterday and added more $LABD back.
- kt4000: added more $WTW this morning dumped more $CVS - looking to add $FII also sold $AUY, $VNOM, $CRY
- bwcarnation1: @debeers $WBA $CVS must have similar management teams $CVS near me pharmacy closes at 5pm weekdays and all day Sunday yet the store is open till 9pm now that's convenient if you work you have Saturday only to get meds hopefully you get sick on a Friday otherwise it's a long wait
- JeffyJ: @bwcarnation1 $WBA $CVS several CVS' around here with same hours. One in area has 24/7 pharmacy. You can transfer Rx between them as well.
- kt4000: I still own the worst stock ever - $CVS..... I did cut it in half a few days ago - adding more $APPL and $AMZN
- kt4000: added more $CVS near 53 - I cannot look at myself in the mirror..... making money and self appreciation are not the same thing. ..... also buying more $LABU
- mradams0621: @kt4000 $CVS $LABU Bigger brains may comprehend your post but it's gibberish to me. What is your bios on CVS?
- kt4000: @mradams0621 $CVS $LABU Fair question - it's simple - poor leadership that cannot communicate a strategy and they back it up with poor execution which you see, is impacting the stock. I hold a 1/2 position because I believe at some point they will either axe the CEO or get a lift from the market.
- trader123: $CURLF Gapping higher on day 2. $CVS to carry CBD products from $CURLF.
- kt4000: sold $ZUO, $CVS, $AMZN, $SFIX, $AWI - all of it - added $STAG unfortunately it feels like a very bad end to the day is looming ahead.
- kt4000: I had the best two week period - up many % points - but sold off everything today except a couple ion small positions in $CVS (I sold the bulk) - $AMZN (kept a very small position) - I am building the list up and feel great about the cash positions. Now If I can just sit on my hands thru 4:01PM .....
- trader123: $CURLF $CVS to carry CBD products from $CURLF. Stock has gapped higher on this news.
- DAN: $CVS -- looks like last Thursday/Friday pullback is holding.
- CraigReynolds: $WBA $CVS Sold my $WBA for nice profit, keeping $CVS. Traveling in opposite directions today.
- Robert1965: $CVS looks like it is time to sell
- traderbren: $CVS - continues to move pre-mkt. Staying long.
- KemoSabe: @traderbren $CVS I took a starter position yesterday as an investment, not a trade. There has been a lot of damage and plenty of overhead resistance. Lots of people looking to just get their money back. I'm looking at it as long term turn around and not getting too excited about the move today. Keeping my stop in place and expecting a long term slug fest.
- phgruver: @KemoSabe $CVS $CVS pays a $2.00/year dividend. Right now, that's 3.66%. Definitely #VALUE_STOCK territory. I'm not sure how long term I'll hold it, but it's definitely a candidate for the core position portfolio.
- PJMR11: @KemoSabe $CVS I am also in on an investment looking to add once we get through all the weak hands above. Might take a little off the table if it continues to rise with the idea of buying it back on a pullback.
- kt4000: Hallelujah for $CVS..... go figure.... adding $EW here
- bRobert: $TRHC flag $67+ target 1 Long from below. $HQY Nice c&h. No glazing yet. $115 technical target $HUM $WCG $CI $ANTM $CVS $MOH $CNC I posted that these would come back strong and were buying opportunities for swing trades with possible long term benefits with confirmed positive price action . There is often sever over reaction to headline news. Eg AMZN black cloud. You can't fight the initial negative price action but you can be smart and stalk these great companies watching for the turn when the now bullish price action confirms your thesis. The market is always right. It may change its mind on further review.
COTD: $CVS – oversold rebound working for nice gains. Good green bars. I would take some off the table now, but keep some stock for more gains. Lower your cost basis in the kept shares by selling some.
$SPX – still pushing against key ...
- KemoSabe: $CVS - Stock has been ripped apart and shredded. It has put in two green candles since it's low on 3/8 of 51.93. I would think that most of the weak hands are long gone. For an investment, it looks like a buy with a stop just below 51.93. I could be wrong, but will take a starter position and see what happens.
- PJMR11: @KemoSabe $CVS Bought a position today with stop at $52.11. Looking to keep at least 1/2 of my position even if stop hit. Long term hold.
- CraigReynolds: @KemoSabe $CVS Agree with you. Bought both $CVS and $WBA, starter positions
- kt4000: Just sold $UNH (one of those you buy and have to hold) which turned out to be a great trade with Dividend. Adding $LNG here - still holding strong on $CVS, $LABU, $OILU, $NTNX, $HD, $WEN, $CMCSA, and $INGN looking to add on strength.
- TopCat1000: Bought this morning $WBA and $CVS for an oversold bounce. Still holding both positions with tight stops $53.95 on $CVS and $60.67 on $WBA. Slightly up on the CVS position and breakeven on WBA.
- kt4000: $CVS now on the move
$CVS – oversold rebound working.
$ZEN – breakout on average volume.
$AAPL – you are chasing now.
$TSLA – this is what most charts look like. Your only edge is in selecting another chart.
$TNDM – next TBP ...
- traderbren: $UNH and $CVS - offering entries for a oversold trade. Long.
- bRobert: @traderbren $UNH $CVS I like $UNH but $ANTM moving averages lined up the right way
- DrScience: @CraigReynolds $WBA Entered a Covered Strangle -- Sell APR 60 Puts @1.78, Buy 62.50 Covered Call @ 59.30 (Earnings on 4/2) -- on this and $CVS. With $WBA, close short puts when upward move fails, and since $CVS has better divvy after APR OPEX, will hold a little longer if recent low threatened.
$CVS – reversal. Focus on the low, not the profit. Must stay above last week’s low.
$WBA – reversal.
$JD – back to the middle of the channel.
$AAPL – TBP (technical buy point) on breakout from first base. This could ...
- SusanW: @Gary $FIZZ $T2108 $SPX $DJI $MDY $IWM $DJT $IYT $NDX $USO $XOP $OIH $XLE $XME $GLD $NUGT $GDX $FB $AMZN $GOOGL $INSG $LFVN $SQ $CVS $WBA $JD $HLF $LHCG $BSTC $EHTH $FIVN #NOTES @Gary. I have not been getting the strategy sessions sent to my e mail. Can you help me with that? Thanks. Shweint.
- kt4000: Looks as though most of the stocks that were creamed in the last two weeks.... $CVS, $NTNX, $INGN, etc... are being bought or covering their shorts.
- phgruver: Just a #Heads_up, $CVS may be in the process of staging a reversal. The LOD was in the opening minute, printing a low of $51.93. It has since retraced that, and is now above yesterday's close, of $52.36, on fairly heavy volume. If it stays above, or, better yet, continues higher, this will be a tradeable reversal. Tread carefully, and watch closely! This is a treacherous market!
- bRobert: @phgruver $CVS #Heads_up I will use $ANTM as a barometer for the group. Chart still intact. Averages in bullish configuration. Best of breed chart $HIIQ Watching for a higher high vs h&s top
7. $CVS – Stop below $52. Very tight. Low risk. Alert $53.10
8. $WBA – Stop below $59. Very low risk. Alert $60.80
9. $JD – holding at 20-day moving average, which it needs to do.
Growth Stocks: Several are soaking up supply from ...
- phgruver: $CVS down another dollar today. This has been a daily occurrence since the earnings drop. $WBA isn't quite as bad, but in a similar pattern. Need to see a reversal....
- Matt0311: $CVS this sell-off is deadly. I am waiting to re-establish a turn-around position but there has not been a really high volume sell-off day since the earnings fiasko. We are on day 12 with one green exception, and all were below or at the lower Bollinger Band.
- bRobert: @Matt0311 $CVS Let it settle. Look at what is working now (stocks with very good charts that have come in a bit) with an eye on the broken ones when the price action suggests a turn is coming. Momentum is a powerful force in both directions and takes things farther than you think. It is hard to slow down a speeding train with faulty brakes gracefully. Shut down the engine and wait for the train to lose momentum and come to a halt. Opportunity may arise later when the severe price imbalance is noticed and buyers step in and direction changes. Never jump in front of a moving train
- kt4000: $NTNX loving this move - $PLNT still good. $UNH and $CVS both are weak and pathetic. want to sell my $NVS as I am very positive with the Dividend, and thinking about dumping all $CVS to buy more $LABU shares.
- DrScience: @Matt0311 $CVS I think this one sees $49, maybe $48, where the dividend becomes greater-than 4%. And, if we get another TICOTUS-hair quarter, then $36-38 is possible into the end of the year.
- kt4000: I am so glad I sold my $WLTW yesterday on the $10 pop... but I still own some of the worst stock in the world - which is $CVS....... also added $FB yesterday and have been acquiring $UNH at low prices.
- DrScience: $CVS continues to move to new 52-week lows. Staying short on inside day and down.
- steve71: @DrScience $CVS $UNH Stopped out of $UNH. Looks like the group wants lower.
- DrScience: @steve71 $CVS $UNH Yessir!. Congressional crosshairs bearing on target?
- phgruver: $CVS is enjoying a modest uptick on average volume. This is the first green day since they reported earnings. Seven days of selling, on volume, really surprises me. They beat on earnings, but gave soft guidance, and price is all about future expectations. Something to watch going forward....
- bRobert: @phgruver $CVS ZOOM out WEEKLY double bottom with bullish RSI divergence (so far). Potential bottom of Trading range $57.50 - $80. channel Not my top pick in the sector. More of a SPEC trade within in the group. Long term rehab project . It may develop into a gem. after a lot of polishing. Many other stocks to choose with easier sledding. I would keep any position very small until you start seeing the sparkle. Look at $ANTM chart. WEEKLY/daily Barely a scratch $350+ target. VERY strong
- DrScience: $CVS continuing to fall below support to a new 52-week low. Tracking the lower Bollinger band, targets $48, then $36.
- kt4000: added $GUSH earlier, added 1/2 positions on $APHA, added 1/2 positions on $INGN and against better judgement small add to $CVS to reduce overall cost basis.....
- debeers: @kt4000 $GUSH $APHA $INGN $CVS ---I don't understand how Inogen makes any money at all. They lost their Medicare appeal where they wanted to back charge people, their customer service is total crap. Their billing department is clueless often telling clients the reverse of what the sales department says. Of course, that is just my family's experience with them.......................GL and all the best.
- kt4000: @debeers $GUSH $APHA $INGN $CVS good feedback - however they are excellent marketeers, they produce the lightest weight unit, and I believe many of their users would walk thru fire to pay an extra 2k out of pocket to get rid of an oxygen tank that impedes their lifestyle. Also did not buy in AH (glad I did not) they beat all of their metrics and numbers, and I weighted until all of the down/upgrades came across this morning - lowest target was still $175..... I also listened to the call last night and a rather large customer reduced their purchases in the first half of this year. Hence the reason for the Guidance. Customer Services means a lot but they own a large piece of the market. at $106 I can make money on this.
- spmeyers: @debeers $GUSH $APHA $INGN $CVS INGN stock getting flushed so maybe you're not the only one
- phgruver: Day 2 of selling in $CVS. Their earnings report wasn't that bad. EPS was well above the consensus, revenue was down a bit, but the big problem was projected earnings for next year fell from $7.41/share to the $6.68/share to $6.88/share range. As a result, JP Morgan has cut their price target to $91/share. That's well above where it's trading now, so, once the selling it done, a rally is probable....
- kt4000: $ACB, $ABT, $CVS, $GUSH, $NVS, and now $SDOW...... Heavy in Healthcare but will look for other sectors tomorrow
- kt4000: $CVS best numbers - but tanked the easy part which was guidance.... looks like a bust this morning
- bRobert: @kt4000 $CVS It's not how you start but how you finish. Pullbacks in this group have been good opportunities for patient investors/traders. Not necessarily over one day.
- kt4000: @kt4000 $CVS Im holding it until the market opens - wish I wasn't.
- phgruver: @kt4000 $CVS It's too late to sell, you're just bailing out at the bottom. It will probably bounce from here (59 minute trade). Mark the opening trades as the bottom. If it trades lower, then sell, but if it goes higher (expected), ride it up. $CVS is a good company, this may be a chance to add....
- bRobert: @kt4000 $CVS What is your rational for selling with the retail crowd on a gap down? Look at $XPO
- kt4000: @bRobert $CVS Will sell 1/2 position at the open and see where it goes... to answer your question very simply - I rode $APPL down no fun, no need to ride this if I don't have to - average cost of 67.25
- kt4000: @bRobert $CVS I did not sell yet - nice swing up at the open
- DAN: @kt4000 $CVS Setting up for an intraday move higher.
- kt4000: @DAN $CVS Thank you to both Dan and bRobert
- phgruver: trying for a 59min trade in $CVS. got in at $63.82....
- PJMR11: $CVS Trying to come off mat. Took a position lower this morning.
- bRobert: @PJMR11 $CVS double bottom trade developing.
- PJMR11: @bRobert $CVS Trying to get to HOD
- PJMR11: $CVS Over 65
- PJMR11: @PJMR11 $CVS Correct. Was approaching $65 but fell back. Seems to be resistance at $65
- bRobert: . $MGLN is jellin .on buyout speculation Activist pressure $80/$100 . pb/bounces . Long $MOH . perky consolidation . $175 mm reversal target . A lot of upside in these casinos $EHTH . + . $HUM . $TRHC . $WCG . perky $CVS is not weighing down the sector. Bullish tell . Added
- Hans_Schultz1: @PJMR11 $CVS I looked at if for possible 59er this morning and there wasn't any movement at that time. One to keep an eye on though later today and maybe for tomorrow
- spmeyers: @bRobert $CVS looks like institutions selling also -- 30 million shares
- DAN: @kt4000 $CVS Nice job, kt4000.
- issues: On Earnings Whisper there is a stock symbol, then to the right is a percentage "Expected Earnings Growth" then further to the right three little boxes "Beat" "Meet" or "Miss". So I click on any of the three boxes and I get a percentage they expect a beat/meet/ or miss. I don't know how much credibility I give these estimates. For example I saw $CVS yesterday as having a 70% earnings BEAT. But I see the stock is down 8% today. Does anyone give credibility to the Earnings Whisper projections? https://www.earningswhispers.com/calendar?sb=c&d=0&t=all
- mradams0621: @issues $CVS Check your tickers. cvx or cvs? x is not down, it's up. cvs in down on outlook forward. I do not use whispers and have no clue, but if I had to guess, I would bet its like other rating services. Some of my best performers have been poorly rated by both Schwab and Fido, and many that were highly rated have done poorly. Still looking for the holy grail for predictions. None found.
- issues: @DrScience Dr Science! Thanks for responding. I always read your excellent posts. Good idea! I didn't know they have a mailing list. The symbol is $CVS not $CVX. How much confidence do you put in their expected predictions? If you click on one of the little boxes you get to see what they predict. I think I understand it that way, do you?
- DrScience: @issues $CVS Get on their mailing list, and your expert call/estimate/WAG for a Meet/Beat/Miss will be included in those numbers. Sorry, no 🍩☕ for your efforts. Wish it was as simple as consensus for an earnings meet, beat, or miss to foretell price action after the earnings report. But, companies miss estimates and stock price goes up on guidance; companies beat and sell off because management says gross margins will be compressed next year; dividend boost and stock buybacks, yada-yada-yada!
- issues: @DrScience $CVS I see that this subscription service is $25/month. I'll stick with their free web services. Thanks Dr Science.
- bRobert: $HIIQ 2/27 earnings $CVS tomorrow pre should be interesting conference call .
- bRobert: $CVS Wedge breakout blossoming Investors getting rewarded. Earnings 2/20 will be interesting post $AET merger and integration of all the big moving pieces. Cost savings. Guidance
- bRobert: $CVS flag
- bRobert: $ANTM $UNH $CI $WCG The usual suspects moving. Holding most in a pseudo ETF $TRHC moving. Double bottom $CVS breakout
- bRobert: @woodman $UNH $WCG $CNC $HUM #Healthcare $ANTM $CI $CVS feel a bit insulted. $TRHC nice bounce off ground floor stop
- bRobert: $TRHC day 3 swing trade +. $MOH Good sale yesterday. $175 target $CVS wedge breakout.
- bRobert: $CVS Investment paying off. Wedge breakout >50d now
- kt4000: Added more $LAZ on the dip, added a small position in $TWLO, beefed up the position in $GUSH, trimmed up $LABU will add it back on the next dip, adding $AMGN for a short ex-Div roundtrip (2/14/)..... I have a full position in $CVS but tempted to beef that up after today.
- bRobert: @kt4000 $LAZ $TWLO $GUSH $LABU $AMGN $CVS $BX my favorite
- KemoSabe: $CVS - Showing some life today. I know this is not the type of stock that is of interest to traders, but for longer term holders, this might be for you. Yeah, it's in the penalty box and has been a dog, but every dog has his day. I'm slowly building a position because I think it has long term potential and pays a respectable dividend while it works higher.
- stairm01: @KemoSabe $CVS I bought calls Feb 6 and added to them this morning. They have earnings on Feb 20. I trade is on an earnings run only. Will be out or hold little on earnings.
- bRobert: @KemoSabe $CVS YES
- Lou: Watching a few positions for a breakout from Volatility Squeeze. I have positions to which I would like to add on confirmation of breakout - $CAKE $CELG $CVS $MSFT $V $WMT
- bRobert: $CVS . Rewarding the patient . investor . Long from double bottom $TRHC . is next. HMOs . You have to take advantage of the sale days in most of these names. Nothing has changed fundamentally with these casinos eg . $UNH . $HUM . $WCG $CI . $HQY . working well $EHTH . ready to go . Still extended
|Stock Price||$USD 60.24|
CVS Caremark Corporation is a provider of prescriptions and related health care services in the United States. It operates three business segments: Pharmacy Services, Retail Pharmacy and Corporate.Request Video of CVS
Already a member? Sign in here.
- November 5th, 2019 - 2019 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 106.32 17.60%
- $USD 40.32 15.47%
- $USD 43.56 12.76%
- $USD 21.35 -21.23%
- $USD 5.65 -17.19%
- $USD 32.47 -16.88%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 64,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (64,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!