CVS Health Corporation (NYSE:CVS)
Old Forum Content for CVSMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- phgruver: Day 2 of selling in $CVS. Their earnings report wasn't that bad. EPS was well above the consensus, revenue was down a bit, but the big problem was projected earnings for next year fell from $7.41/share to the $6.68/share to $6.88/share range. As a result, JP Morgan has cut their price target to $91/share. That's well above where it's trading now, so, once the selling it done, a rally is probable....
- kt4000: $ACB, $ABT, $CVS, $GUSH, $NVS, and now $SDOW...... Heavy in Healthcare but will look for other sectors tomorrow
- kt4000: $CVS best numbers - but tanked the easy part which was guidance.... looks like a bust this morning
- bRobert: @kt4000 $CVS It's not how you start but how you finish. Pullbacks in this group have been good opportunities for patient investors/traders. Not necessarily over one day.
- kt4000: @kt4000 $CVS Im holding it until the market opens - wish I wasn't.
- phgruver: @kt4000 $CVS It's too late to sell, you're just bailing out at the bottom. It will probably bounce from here (59 minute trade). Mark the opening trades as the bottom. If it trades lower, then sell, but if it goes higher (expected), ride it up. $CVS is a good company, this may be a chance to add....
- bRobert: @kt4000 $CVS What is your rational for selling with the retail crowd on a gap down? Look at $XPO
- kt4000: @bRobert $CVS Will sell 1/2 position at the open and see where it goes... to answer your question very simply - I rode $APPL down no fun, no need to ride this if I don't have to - average cost of 67.25
- kt4000: @bRobert $CVS I did not sell yet - nice swing up at the open
- DAN: @kt4000 $CVS Setting up for an intraday move higher.
- kt4000: @DAN $CVS Thank you to both Dan and bRobert
- phgruver: trying for a 59min trade in $CVS. got in at $63.82....
- PJMR11: $CVS Trying to come off mat. Took a position lower this morning.
- bRobert: @PJMR11 $CVS double bottom trade developing.
- PJMR11: @bRobert $CVS Trying to get to HOD
- PJMR11: $CVS Over 65
- PJMR11: @PJMR11 $CVS Correct. Was approaching $65 but fell back. Seems to be resistance at $65
- bRobert: . $MGLN is jellin .on buyout speculation Activist pressure $80/$100 . pb/bounces . Long $MOH . perky consolidation . $175 mm reversal target . A lot of upside in these casinos $EHTH . + . $HUM . $TRHC . $WCG . perky $CVS is not weighing down the sector. Bullish tell . Added
- Hans_Schultz1: @PJMR11 $CVS I looked at if for possible 59er this morning and there wasn't any movement at that time. One to keep an eye on though later today and maybe for tomorrow
- spmeyers: @bRobert $CVS looks like institutions selling also -- 30 million shares
- DAN: @kt4000 $CVS Nice job, kt4000.
- issues: On Earnings Whisper there is a stock symbol, then to the right is a percentage "Expected Earnings Growth" then further to the right three little boxes "Beat" "Meet" or "Miss". So I click on any of the three boxes and I get a percentage they expect a beat/meet/ or miss. I don't know how much credibility I give these estimates. For example I saw $CVS yesterday as having a 70% earnings BEAT. But I see the stock is down 8% today. Does anyone give credibility to the Earnings Whisper projections? https://www.earningswhispers.com/calendar?sb=c&d=0&t=all
- mradams0621: @issues $CVS Check your tickers. cvx or cvs? x is not down, it's up. cvs in down on outlook forward. I do not use whispers and have no clue, but if I had to guess, I would bet its like other rating services. Some of my best performers have been poorly rated by both Schwab and Fido, and many that were highly rated have done poorly. Still looking for the holy grail for predictions. None found.
- issues: @DrScience Dr Science! Thanks for responding. I always read your excellent posts. Good idea! I didn't know they have a mailing list. The symbol is $CVS not $CVX. How much confidence do you put in their expected predictions? If you click on one of the little boxes you get to see what they predict. I think I understand it that way, do you?
- DrScience: @issues $CVS Get on their mailing list, and your expert call/estimate/WAG for a Meet/Beat/Miss will be included in those numbers. Sorry, no 🍩☕ for your efforts. Wish it was as simple as consensus for an earnings meet, beat, or miss to foretell price action after the earnings report. But, companies miss estimates and stock price goes up on guidance; companies beat and sell off because management says gross margins will be compressed next year; dividend boost and stock buybacks, yada-yada-yada!
- issues: @DrScience $CVS I see that this subscription service is $25/month. I'll stick with their free web services. Thanks Dr Science.
- bRobert: $HIIQ 2/27 earnings $CVS tomorrow pre should be interesting conference call .
- bRobert: $CVS Wedge breakout blossoming Investors getting rewarded. Earnings 2/20 will be interesting post $AET merger and integration of all the big moving pieces. Cost savings. Guidance
- bRobert: $CVS flag
- bRobert: $ANTM $UNH $CI $WCG The usual suspects moving. Holding most in a pseudo ETF $TRHC moving. Double bottom $CVS breakout
- bRobert: @woodman $UNH $WCG $CNC $HUM #Healthcare $ANTM $CI $CVS feel a bit insulted. $TRHC nice bounce off ground floor stop
- bRobert: $TRHC day 3 swing trade +. $MOH Good sale yesterday. $175 target $CVS wedge breakout.
- bRobert: $CVS Investment paying off. Wedge breakout >50d now
- kt4000: Added more $LAZ on the dip, added a small position in $TWLO, beefed up the position in $GUSH, trimmed up $LABU will add it back on the next dip, adding $AMGN for a short ex-Div roundtrip (2/14/)..... I have a full position in $CVS but tempted to beef that up after today.
- bRobert: @kt4000 $LAZ $TWLO $GUSH $LABU $AMGN $CVS $BX my favorite
- KemoSabe: $CVS - Showing some life today. I know this is not the type of stock that is of interest to traders, but for longer term holders, this might be for you. Yeah, it's in the penalty box and has been a dog, but every dog has his day. I'm slowly building a position because I think it has long term potential and pays a respectable dividend while it works higher.
- stairm01: @KemoSabe $CVS I bought calls Feb 6 and added to them this morning. They have earnings on Feb 20. I trade is on an earnings run only. Will be out or hold little on earnings.
- bRobert: @KemoSabe $CVS YES
- Lou: Watching a few positions for a breakout from Volatility Squeeze. I have positions to which I would like to add on confirmation of breakout - $CAKE $CELG $CVS $MSFT $V $WMT
- bRobert: $CVS . Rewarding the patient . investor . Long from double bottom $TRHC . is next. HMOs . You have to take advantage of the sale days in most of these names. Nothing has changed fundamentally with these casinos eg . $UNH . $HUM . $WCG $CI . $HQY . working well $EHTH . ready to go . Still extended
- DrScience: @bRobert $CVS Begs the question... why would you call HMOs (but not marijuana stocks) casinos?
- spmeyers: @bRobert $CVS $TRHC $UNH $HUM $WCG $CI $HQY $EHTH in most charting textbooks, TRHC is a short setup-- a weakish rebound to broken support; of course a fundamental investor may not care
- bRobert: @DrScience $CVS The HMOs . are the house and they usually win. Odds are stacked in their favor. They don't lose money. They make/bend the rules and have large revenue growth . They are not spec stocks like the cannabis klan. Many of those are slot machines and the purchases of their shares the gamblers.
- bRobert: @spmeyers $CVS $TRHC $UNH $HUM $WCG $CI $HQY $EHTH Low risk TRADE from the lower end of the trading range that may develop into something much more. VERY low risk so close to the line in the sand. You may end up being right, paper cut for me. If I'm right, $$$$. Well defined TRADE to start. You can be wrong a lot with defined risk
- bRobert: $HUM . $UNH . $WCG . Flag day . Set alerts $CVS . Long tight range consolidation . . Alerts .
- dcphinney: @bRobert $CVS Do you have a stop?
- bRobert: $ANTM . Animal spirits, good thing I'm an animal lover . Long term hold. Much more than a week $UNH . I sleep well with this. Multi year hold. $WCG . $300 . price tag soon. $HIIQ . $50 . $CVS . Consolidation and pinching i. Good risk/reward
- bRobert: $CNC $WCG Both top and bottom line beats and raised guidance. Market reaction to be determined. $WCG $300 measured move $CNC $145 Long . Will add on pb/bounces until measured moves complete $CVS Chart is doing some work. Slowly shaping up. High upside for the patient investor $HUM Reports pm $330+ target
- kt4000: bought more $CVS on the dip along with $ABT, $HEXO slow - creeping up, same for $ACB - Also added $FII (ex div 2/7 next week).
- bRobert: $ANTM Up 20% pm Not too shabby. Measured move close by. Partial profits in order. $40 run $CVS Needs a little more work to do but I love the risk/reward. Long partial . Will add with bullish confirmation Lots of bullish pin action in the sector. Undervalued It won't stay that way
- shoredriver: @bRobert $ANTM $CVS check the 20% figure.....
- bRobert: $CVS Double bottom trade working well. Wedgie also. $74+
- bRobert: $CVS perking up. High reward. Rest of the HMOs getting back in swing.
- bRobert: $CVS Apple and Aetna iWatch collaboration. Maybe this will nudge $CVS
- bRobert: $CVS . dip bought. Hammer bottom . Long . Will add with bullish price action. Long way up when proven right.
- steve71: $UNH $WCG $CVS $UNH and $WCG trade smoothly and have been good vehicles for a Buy-Write startegy.. That is, add some shares on down days, write some calls on up days. Because dividends aren't an issue it's easy to be short those OOM calls until expiry. Selling calls yields 10-12% yearly. $CVS remains worrisome. Their Aetna merger should be a powerhouse move. $CVS can combine low cost walkin healthcare at their stores and save money for the Aetna insurer. But on 12/6/18 a Federal judge put the already completed merger on indefinite hold for review. This despite the fact that Justice had cleared the merger on October. Keeping a small position until this is resolved, but I would like to be big.
- bRobert: @steve71 $UNH $WCG $CVS Agree with assessment $CVS. Very high upside when clouds removed. Traded off double bottom Some work needed. I'm patient.
- bRobert: $CVS . Long . Watching for move >$66 flag to add
- bRobert: $CVS . double bottom on the move. Cheap .
- bRobert: $EHTH . Measured move target from high base c&h . was $50. Tea leaves were right this time. Good batch. Strong black tea. Still going $WCG . $CI $ANTM . $HIIQ . not too shabby . Added to $CVS . Long all in a synthetic ETF basket
- bRobert: $CVS . $69 . target ....short term $78 with W . trigger
- bRobert: $CVS. Will add on flag trigger. Double bottom. Cheap
- bRobert: $CVS . Double bottom position started few days ago. Working. HMOs . All casinos doing well. High upside. Raise trailing stops
- bRobert: $CVS and $WMT . have made up after marriage counseling. Long $CVS
- kt4000: Just got back - $GUSH is gushing added more, $AMD and $MU added more yesterday its a reach today.... $INGN and $CVS are doing well..... but $EXEL is my only dog today
- bRobert: @issues $UNH $WCG $ANTM $HUM $HQY $HIIQ $CI $CI is in my basket along with a few others $MOH . $CVS . Many to choose .
- bRobert: HMOs Looking for more bullish follow through in this group with high upside. $CVS lone wolf down yesterday Watching for double bottom
- bRobert: $CVS Starter Small on double bottom with bullish RSI divergence Less downside momentum Stop just below yest low
- GOOSE: @bRobert $CVS You know that WalMart cut its connection with $CVS.
- bRobert: @GOOSE $CVS YES Trade to start, Definednrisk. They bought $AET. Synergy should benefit the bottom line.
- bRobert: $CVS Double bottom entry watch.
- bRobert: HMOs . All still strong movers except $CVS . (watch for double bottom) . Not a one day wonder. Look for pb/bounces High upside
- bRobert: $CVS . Looking for W set up to enter. Higher right leg would be more bullish. $WCG $HUM .$CI $ANTM . $CNC bouncing .
- bRobert: $CVS . Starter
- bRobert: HMOs . Adopt one . going higher. $UNH . $WCG . $ANTM $CI $CVS $HUM . watching
- kt4000: Added more $CVS they go on at 5:00 our time I believe, also topped off $NOK....
- bRobert: $HCA . Another W. $135 . target. Looking for value in healthcare. HMOs . $UNH .$CVS
$CVS – “I want to see where you think the allocation should be in a 401k that offers growth, value, large cap, mid cap and small caps, bonds, stable funds options for 2019 allocations. This is for me-50 year old and my daughter that&rsqu ...
- kt4000: @CraigReynolds $LRCX $UNH - Part of the plan taking a few positions including $CVS and $AAPL that I would not mind holding either way. As for timing it paid off in $UNH - $LRCX is flat. Hope that helps
- kt4000: finally have a small mix of equities that as a combo are green with a nice gain today $AAPL, $CVS, $SRNE, $VIAB
- kt4000: adding small increments to $CVS, $CDNS, $AMD, $SQ, leaving my $APPL, $DIS alone for now.... looking for beaten down high flyers for the next drop .... I don't see anything yet, I would pick up no matter how small. Also looking for Pharma under $5 for one of my daughters accounts.... should anyone have a great suggestion.
- Sher: New long call positions: $BSX (Back in with Jan. $37 calls - Took profits w-a-y too early, yesterday); $CVS; $QCOM (Like the chart RHRN). $XLP - Added to Jan. $55 calls
- kt4000: Added more $EEM, $AAPL, $ANET, $AKS, left $VICI and $CVS alone
- kt4000: Added more $AAPL, $ANET, $CVS, $VICI, $EEM
- grcjr: Moving up this morning: $AXP $GS $CAT $WYNN $CVS $TIF $JD $VOD
- steve71: $HUM Just signed on and noticed that wise Woodman opened Humana. Smart. $CVS is buying $ANTM, with impressive synergies. Walgreens ($78B) is in preliminary talks to exchange stock with Humana ($42B). Stock swap is less costly for $WBA and still allows savings similar to $CVS-$ANTM deal. We need a strong close. The market isn't going up until these mid and late day fades stop happening.
- bwcarnation1: @steve71 $HUM $CVS $ANTM $WBA I think you meant to say $CVS is buying $AET!!
- steve71: @bwcarnation1 $HUM $CVS $ANTM $WBA $AET Right Right! Clearly low Starbuck's level in bloodstream. Thanks!
- steve71: $CVS $HCA $ANTM $HUM $CI $UNH Nice looking group of charts. I have LTH $UNH position and have opened $CVS. $CVS is about to merge with Aetna, making an integrated health company as large as $UNH. They can directly deliver low cost health care through nurse practitioners - immunizations, walk-ins, urgent care etc. CVS owns a pharmacy benefits manager and can reduce costs on covered meds. Basically a low cost competitor to UNH.
- issues: added to IBD 50 $CRL $INTC $SQ $TEAM Taken off IBD 50: $ALSN $CP $FOXF $GMED; added to IBD BIG caps $DVMT $CVS $HCA $NUE Taken off big caps $ABMD $ILMN $INTU $V We own only $SQ & $GMED We can't figure out why some are added while others are taken off. For example ALSN looks like a buy...
- bwcarnation1: @woodman $AET $HUM $UNH I think because $CVS had good earnings this a.m. and the stock is up, it's helping $AET since $CVS is buying $AET and shareholders are getting cash and $CVS stock
- woodman: @bwcarnation1 $AET $HUM $UNH $CVS - thanks. That may be it.
- Mpower27: @bwcarnation1 $AET $CVS how'd you come up with a buyout price of 240? As I remember it, it's .8374% of a cvs share + 145 in cash.
- bwcarnation1: @Mpower27 $AET $CVS you are correct and I was mistaken...glad you posted that info....Sorry about that, not sure what I was thinking
- issues: @bRobert $AAPL There was an article today about what stock mutual funds are buying. The article mentioned $CVS $UNP $BIIB $ROST $ABT $HCA $ABMD but did not mention $AAPL In the $200 million club was $BA $TMO $BSX $UAL but not $AAPL!
- nestorsch1: $CVS has anyone noticed this potential C&H? It started on January 26th at an ATH 83.88, down to 60.14 on March 28th, and now at peaked at 80.14 on 9/19, seems to be forming the handle now. Could this be a good opportunity?
- Rodo: $CVS - hoping for a bounce off 20dma tomorrow
- traderbren: $CVS - primed to move higher.
- Wykeman: $CVS breakout today..could zig zag to 80
|Stock Price||$USD 53.07|
CVS Caremark Corporation is a provider of prescriptions and related health care services in the United States. It operates three business segments: Pharmacy Services, Retail Pharmacy and Corporate.Request Video of CVS
Already a member? Sign in here.
- August 8th, 2019 - 2019 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 74.68 6.37%
- $USD 99.60 2.45%
- $USD 36.98 2.38%
- $USD 29.31 -28.69%
- $USD 13.03 -25.83%
- $USD 7.45 -25.35%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 62,600 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (62,600) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!