American Tower Corporation (REIT) (NYSE:AMT)
Old Forum Content for AMTMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Samik: @Dan need your advice on these. Should I sell / hold / buy more ? $SINA (currently @ 30% profits), $CC (currently @ 41% profit, had sold off 50% of the holding a month ago @ 33% profit based on your advice of taking some profits & holding the rest), $AMT (currently @ 27% profits but this slid down from ~40% profits in the last 3-4 weeks :( ), $WB (currently @ 25% profits, had sold of 1/2 a month ago @ 33% profits based on your advice of taking some profits & holding the rest), $AAPL (currently @ 58% profits, had sold off 3/4th of the stock 2 months ago when you advice to take some profits & hold the rest) ?
- Samik: @Dan good day to buy $BABA, $SINA, $CC, $AMT, $WB ?
- Bridget: @Samik $BABA $SINA $CC $AMT $WB Buy winners, not losers. I would suggest you sit on your hands today and wait to see what happens tomorrow. Will we get a bounce or more selling.
- issues: @Bridget $BABA $SINA $CC $AMT $WB right but I'm waiting for the green day (Dan's Irish - you know).
- mradams0621: $AMT big drop on volume. No new news. Recent news all positive. Been a great LTH but this shot across the bow in concerning.
- Henry: @mradams0621 $AMT Add the others $SBAC and $CCI Reason $TMUS & $S merger rumors
- mradams0621: @Henry $AMT $SBAC $CCI $TMUS $S Thank you. I see the charts but I do not understand it. Why is that a big deal? Is it time to take profits?
- Sluggo: @mradams0621 $AMT I would like to think that it is because it had 10 up days in a row (virtually unheard of) and got over it's skies. I had a position since June and sold it when it started the descent. It will probably even out somewhere, but I exited before the fall or "rebalancing". Nothing wrong with the company.
- grcjr: @Forexpro $AAPL $MU, $WDC, $AMT - I thought the new watch had some useful features but I don't wear a watch. I carry an iPhone SE. The new displays look nice but I don't need them to play DVDs or BR source material. Stream 4K? How many of us will it take to crash your favorite carrier? I may buy a new iPad (likely be my last one) and a new MacBookPro in the coming year. Trading content: $MU, $WDC, $AMT and others may be good plays to support the new $AAPL and competitive products. Cheers to you. Have a great week. BTW the air has been mostly clear here in Boulder since last Friday. Hope your air is better.
- bsafriet: @Shopaholic526 $COR my stop got hit as well today. Other than all of real estate being down, I found no news. $AMT down as well. Is this fallout from the hurricanes?
- Samik: @DAN $MOMO $CC $SINA $AMT $BABA As per your advice, I sold off 50% of my stocks of $CC & $WB. $ WB has crossed $100. What is your advice on the same ? Shall I sell off the rest 50% ? Also desired to seek your advice on $AMT & $AAPL. These 2 stocks just seem to be going up and up and up & have not rested. Am still holding on to both. Is it time to sell / buy more or hold ?
- champ: $AMT @ $146 --- They will be at....a $GS conference on Wednesday 9/13 and they had 2 upgrades today and price targets were raised.....they should have positive comments and I'm holding a New Spec swing position.
- Sluggo: $AMT $RTN $V $PYPL $CRM $CBOE $ADBE $NUGT $MZOR $SEDG $BABA $YY This has been my portfolio since early June with exception of $NUGT which I bought on it's breakout a few days ago and I have been in and out of the Chinese stocks. All 12 stocks up today at this point. I don't want a pat on the head. Just trying to help my friends in the forum.
- mradams0621: $AMT falling knife
- Samik: @DAN $MOMO $CC $SINA $AMT $BABA As per your advice, I sold off 50% of my stocks of $CC & $WB. $ WB has cross $100. What is your advice on the same ? Shall I sell off the rest 50% ? Also desired to seek your advice on $AMT & $AAPL. These 2 stocks just seem to be going up and up and up & have not rested. Am still holding on to both. Is it time to sell / buy more or hold ?
- issues: @Sluggo $AMT $CBOE $ALRM $RTN $NUGT $V $PYPL $CRM $ADBE Thank you Sluggo! You hit the ball out of the park. You aint' no sluggo but a slugger!
- Sluggo: @issues $AMT $CBOE $ALRM $RTN $NUGT $V $PYPL $CRM $ADBE Thank you for your kind words. I have a full time job working from home so I cant comment often but I have had these stocks for 3-4 months and are steady but not giving me heartburn. I made some money (or broke even) on some Chinese stocks but they were giving me the heebie jeebies since the Beta was high and they would jump and fall $3-$5 a day. Most of them are still working but had some major dips in the process. More later..
- Sluggo: A couple of weeks ago, I brought 6 stocks to Dan's attention and he was gracious enough to cover all of them. I am not tooting my own horn. I just want to help where I can with the Forum. I added a couple of them on here. All are working, but many are now extended. You may want to put them on your watch list. $AMT up 10 days in a row. $CBOE working. $ALRM working. $RTN working and we all know why. $NUGT just breaking out. $V working. $PYPL working in slight cons. $PYPL working in cons. $CRM working. $ADBE working. Hope that helps. Most are extended but worth watching for a better entry point.
- Samik: @Dan. You have been consistently advising on being in cash during the volatile times & get back in when things are stable & going up. Desired to have your views on these. Which ones should I hold & which ones to sell off. $MOMO (21% profit), $CC (28% profit), $SINA (13% profit), $ WB (25% profit), $AMT (33% profit), $BABA (28% profit). Tx.
- gwenzee: @Samik $MOMO $CC $SINA $AMT $BABA I'm not Dan but I would take 1/3 to 1/2 off the table and raise my stops on the rest. My $.02 worth.
DAN: @Samik $MOMO $CC $SINA $AMT $BABA Hey Samik. Nice problem to have. Here is my take:
First, most (if not all) of these stocks are working. And as long as they are working, the best thing to do is stay long and adjust your stops to protect those pr ...
- Samik: @DAN $MOMO $CC $SINA $AMT $BABA Tx a lot Dan. Appreciate. Tx for teaching me the discipline as well. I will execute on your recommendations right away.
- DAN: @Samik $MOMO $CC $SINA $AMT $BABA Fingers crossed that they work out.
- Sluggo: $AMT $V $RTN $PYPL $YY $ALRM I have reduced my trading positions and taken profits with the shaky market indexes but wanted to share 6 core positions I have had for quite a while and ALL are working. $YY had a brief setback because of a secondary but is recovering nicely. Hope that helps someone.
- Sluggo: @dan Is there any chance that you can go through any of my winning positions that I am hanging onto to give them the once Dan over? I have sold my other positions (not these ones) for a break even or a profit because of the market warning signs. I am a new guy to the forum but have been under your tutelage for years. $V $AMT $RTN $PYPL $YY $ALRM Thanks so much!
- DAN: @Sluggo $V $AMT $RTN $PYPL $YY $ALRM Sure, Sluggo. I'll go through them tonight. Happy to see you in the forum.
- grcjr: $AMT setting new all time high. This is a great play on the future growth of cellular bandwidth. They own towers that the cell providers use to hang their equipment. Been a long term hold and occasional option play.
- optionswealth: @grcjr $AMT popped out of a squeeze 4 days ago. It is now down on the day. This could be forming a flag and a better entry time if one missed the squeeze. It has been a quiet mover up. It has touched the 50 dma twice this summer, but usually the 20dma is support. At this time, it is in the same position as so many other stocks, it is quite high above the 200dma. That's a point where squeezes don't always last long. It's definitely been a holding stock.
- grcjr: @optionswealth $AMT - Wanted to put this on others' watch. I did add a few days ago. Will add again on a pullback. Thanks.
- 1993dean: $CCI and $AMT
- Henry: $AMT I told someone on Tuesday that the rest of the group didn't look good. AMT gave it all back. Now we have an island top
- bwcarnation1: $AMT b.o vs
- Samik: can anyone help share views on $AMT and $LITE ? They were recommended few weeks ago but no one talks of them now.
- bwcarnation1: $AMT holding up well today on 2x vol and 2.5% vs.
- Henry: @Samik $AMT Someone told me to buy it in 2004 when it was a teenager. I did not buy. It sounded like one of the many stock tips you get; but this one worked and I thought I missed the move. It took me until 2013 to figure out that the move wasn't over. My cost basis is in the 70's and for now you will have to pry it from my cold dead fingers. If you buy it here, I am assuming you want either to trade the volatility squeeze or you want to start a position and buy more if it pulls back. If the former put a stop under today''s low. If the later, buy small the other antenna stocks to not look as strong today and the market is weak. I don't have a lot of confidence that it will take off from here.
- Bridget: Notes: Stocks I mentioned yesterday that were "toppy", fell below support today. $TSM $AMAT $LRCX $SWKS $MCHP FAANG - not looking good since $XLK is rolling over $AMTD - great performing bank stock $AXP - working $YRD - Vol Squeeze up $OSUR - breakout $FSLR - holding up well $SBAC $AMT $CCI - up on $CHTR deal $PLYA - #ipo new high $STX - breaking out to the downside $PYPL - double top $TXN - breaking down $IRBT - shot across the bow $KHC falling below 200MA $GE - almost at 52 week low Dumpster Diving $CBL $AFSI - coming off the bottom
- grcjr: $AMT nice uptrend. In developing VS. Love to see it spend time moving right and let the 50dma move up.
- grcjr: @grcjr $NVDA $AMT $AMAT --- correction $AMT not $AMD
- grcjr: $NVDA (correction not $AMD) $AMT $AMAT new 52 week highs.
- grcjr: $AMT one of my few holdings that is positive this morning. Set new 52 week high.
- Bieber: @grcjr $AMT Why is that?
- grcjr: @Bieber $AMT - good question. The daily chart has been on a roll for a few months now. Just under 2% yield. Previous earnings 4/27 so no earnings run. I think of this as a REIT. Towers for Cell phone repeaters. Demand for more data drives more business for $AMT. I expect this uptrend to continue. I am looking to see if there is anything in recent insider buying/selling.
- DrScience: $CCI breaking out of volatility squeeze. As @grcjr noted, $AMT making a new 52-week high.
- humble: @grcjr $AMT Please share :)
- grcjr: @humble $AMT - I've not spotted anything specific. A couple small Board buy/sells. RBC upgraded price target to $145 from $134 last April 28. $AMT to present at annual JP Morgan Conference. To me: $AMT is just a good stock still working.
- bsafriet: $COR $AMT. $COR $99.75 + 0.51. $AMT. $131.10 $ 2.73
- bsafriet: $AMT Up today on rumor/reports that $AMZN may get involved in a planned $DISH wireless business. Price target on $AMT boosted to $140 from $130 by Barclay's Amir Rozwadowski (Bloomberg).
- grcjr: @Bieber @humble $AMT $SBAC - on CNBC Dr J just covered $SBAC noting volume, movement up, due to expansion of cellular data rates. Both would have been a great 59 minute trade today.
- grcjr: $AMT nice move this morning
- ag1: $AMT adding a little here
- tigerjohn8: @Bridget $XHB $ELLI $MCHP $AMT $AZPN $EDU $SMG $BIDU $SHOP $TTWO $TEAM $GM $F $STMP $CTRP $GLNG $FNSR $OCLR $LITE $NFLX $EOG Thank you Bridget. Very helpful
grcjr: $VZ $GLW $AMT - $VZ reports tomorrow before the open. $GLW reports 4/25 before the open. $AMT reports 4/27 before the open.
The announcements re $VZ, $GLW and possible others (including possible acquisitions) says to me they believe in the future. T ...
- Bridget: Notes: $XHB - breaking out $ELLI working $MCHP - break out on good volume $AMT - working $AZPN - new high out of squeeze $EDU - breakout on volume. Could be the start of an earnings run. $SMG - solid breakout on volume. ER on 5/2 $BIDU - big move on news of their autonomous driving program Apollo $SHOP - new high. Stair step pattern continues $TTWO - breakout to new high out of squeeze on good volume $TEAM - finally holding above $30 $GM $F - basing $STMP - finding support at 200MA $CTRP - bearish engulfing, break of the 50DMA and lower BB. Very bearish move $GLNG - looks like a short set up $FNSR - optical stocks are still getting sold hard $OCLR $LITE $NFLX - broke support $EOG - also breaking support
- Bridget: $AMT another new high
- grcjr: $AMT jumping
- DAN: @grcjr $AMT really nice move today.
- grcjr: @DAN $AMT - until the market flipped. :-(
- grcjr: @DrScience $SWKS - woo hoo. Long. $AMT also 52 week high. $AAPL still close. Thanks for your posts. Regards.
- grcjr: $AMT moving up the upper BB. Added.
- grcjr: $AMT a great chart from bottom left to upper right. Moving higher again today. Earnings recently 2/27. Running above the upper BB.
- champ: @DrScience $CCI -- The same is going on with $AMT...I'm holding
- champ: $AMT @ $113 ---Climbing a little going into ....on Monday morning ...I'm going to hold a small position thru ER.
- Bridget: Notes: Stocks I recommend buying on this pullback: $WB - stop at $49.50 $X - stop at $35 $TWLO - stop at $31 $AON - stop at $115 Stocks that are working: $MRK $BA $PNW - ER this morning $AKAO $MMM $AMT - ER 2/27 $MON $MO $DGX $JNJ $CGNX $HII $CMS $ORCL $PAYC Breakouts: $EXC $T - almost $COR $PEG Possible Shorts: $HDS $CNX #IPOs working $TELL $CWH $BIVV $TTD $BL
- woodman: @Bridget $WB $X $TWLO $AON $MRK $BA $PNW $AKAO $MMM $AMT $MON $MO $DGX $JNJ $CGNX $HII $CMS $ORCL $PAYC $EXC $T $COR $PEG $HDS $CNX $TELL $CWH $BIVV $TTD $BL #IPOs Nice post. Thanks.
- drmike54: @Bridget $WB $X $TWLO $AON $MRK $BA $PNW $AKAO $MMM $AMT $MON $MO $DGX $JNJ $CGNX $HII $CMS $ORCL $PAYC $EXC $T $COR $PEG $HDS $CNX $TELL $CWH $BIVV $TTD $BL #IPOs Thanks, Bridget.......very helpful.......
- Bridget: $AMT is continuing higher RHRN, going into ER on 2/27
- orpheusredux: $AMT moving up nicely toward 200DMA. Earnings on the 27th.
- Trixie: @orpheusredux $AMT, $CCI doesn't look to bad either similar industry..
- orpheusredux: @Trixie $AMT $CCI Yes, you're right. I like this one too. I am going to pick one and buy some shares. Thanks, Trix!
- orpheusredux: @Trixie $AMT $CCI I went with your pick, CCI. I like that divvy.
- Trixie: @orpheusredux $AMT $CCI ihad $AMT in the past.. @Aragorn had reminded me about the storage reits yesterday.. I then went thru my RIET list.. and $AMT and $CCI stood out to me.. G'luck w $CCI I don't think i've hhad that one b4.
- DrScience: $CCI big volume spike down, falling away from 200 DMA $AMT following suit on $TMUS news
- Trixie: @Bridget $IYR do the top holdings influence the way these trade or are the mostly traded independently w their own market created.. I have looked into the top holdings of the $IYR and they have $SPG, $AMT, $PSA, $CCI, $EQIX, $PLD, $HCN, $AVB,$WY,$EQR. there are more housing related reits further down the list.. (we all know retail is struggling so with $SPG being the largest holding i can understand why the IYR would be doing poorly.) or am I trying to analyze / think too much on this.. I have found the website of the IYR.. https://www.blackrock.com/investing/products/239520/ishares-us-real-estate-etf
- Bridget: @Trixie $IYR $SPG $AMT $PSA $CCI $EQIX $PLD $HCN $AVB $WY $EQR It is my understanding that ETFs are influenced most by their top holdings and less so by how they are independently trades. As it is with any index.
- Wolf: @BigJack $UTF It is Cohen and Steers infrastructure fund. Top holdings are $NEE, $CCI, $TRAUF, $AMT, $PCG, $KMI, $UNP, $SRE, $TRP, $EIX. Pays about 8.3% dividend.
- GaVaHokie: Seeing a turn in the telecom the last few days. $VZ $T $S $AMT
- cmaxwel1: $AMT stopped out
- bwcarnation1: $AMT low risk buy here near the 50dma. Cramer has ceo tonite might give it a boost. Bought small as it went above Fri intraday hi.
- Alexandra: I met a rainmaker attorney CPA who audits companies. He says: "FANG are all audit clients. Can't invest in any of these. I have $OKE, $AMT, $PM and $AMLP. Mostly defensive plays. If your looking for a stock with a high beta. Check out $PES. Purchased that early this year and sold a couple weeks ago at $4.90." I asked him why he took last weekend off, when ashes were falling from the sky and forest on fire.
- Trixie: @champ $CTL $DY $ITY don't forget the tower comps.. $AMT and $CCI.;)
- champ: @Trixie $CTL $DY $ITY $AMT $CCI - Yes....Great stocks. Thanks
- grcjr: $T $VZ $S $TMUS $AMT - of the cell companies, the chart for $TMUS looks the best to me. But if you can't decide on the cell companies, pick $AMT which owns the towers and is breaking to new high today.
- Trixie: @grcjr $T $VZ $S $TMUS $AMT $CCI another tower play.
- Trixie: @mradams0621 $CCI he and his competitor $AMT look quite nice in the is tape..np in either.
- mradams0621: @Trixie $CCI $AMT I hold AMT as a long term hold in the IRA and it's been a good one but when I try to swing trade it, the stop monster gets me every time. At the break out point but the lower lows on the 3yr chart make me cautious, plus I'm just not in "buy" mode. I like the $CCI break out, but with this market, I'm betting we can get in at a better price soon, maybe, or not.
- Trixie: @mradams0621 $CCI $AMT had $AMT for a long time.. Sold w a profit.. But feared it would fall back much more than it did.. When it started to pull back b4 earnings there on the 21st.. I seem to be doing quite well selling the bottoms recently.:(
- bigbartabs: @DAN a ticker I lost complete track of over the last couple of years is $AMT... one that makes perfect sense to thrive in our wireless lives. Quite a chart.
- DAN: @bigbartabs $AMT Lots of zig zags in that one!! :-) Good consolidation at $105.
- Trixie: @bigbartabs $AMT Not Dan. but I'm wondering what you see in the chart that you like.. I had held this one thru that long base or whatever ( was thinking it was a big wedge and it would have fallen more) up until late last week.. Earnings are on Friday. $CCI a competitor chart seems pretty too.. easier to game for my eyes.
- DAN: @Trixie $AMT $CCI STill banging away at multi-month resistance -- $89 has been the top for more than a year.
- Trixie: @DAN $AMT $CCI this is where it depends if you use dividend adjusted charts or not.. I can't recall is prophet is dividend adjusted or not.. (sorry).. But the chart there looks much different..For the most part I'm a prophet charter..
- Trixie: @Trixie $AMT $CCI and now reflecting the range boundness that Dan was talking about.. (is there a way to post 2 charts/pictures or I have had to have used jing or something that would have put them into the browser?)
- bigbartabs: @Trixie $AMT ... well, it looks to me like it went down in February like everything else, turned and burned right up through for a new high... and instead of selling off back down where it started... is flagging right, and beginning to squeeze. Not sure what the squeeze % is, but must be getting into the 6% range. That could mean the next leg is coming. This ticker is also front and center on everything going wireless. I doubt if its business falls apart anytime soon. Hope it helps... good luck...
- Trixie: @bigbartabs $AMT thx..
- mradams0621: $AMT Looks like it's rolling over. No new news, recent big acquisition "closed" today but that's not market moving news. Downgrade to Hold yesterday on valuation by Evercore, but price target raised to $110 from $105 on "foreign exchange tailwinds". I hate "trading" my IRA long term hold positions but I'm not interested in letting a nice profit turn to a loss either. Anyone have thoughts on this one?
- Trixie: @mradams0621 $AMT I feel like riding on the same ship as you here.. I see one of those broadening wedges, and somehow that leads me to think we pull back more.. :( Just spit balling, if I can do that.. but a 61% retracement from the low in Feb to the high hereish would put us back around the 50ma or 97.5. Do we wanna stick around to there? Or doe we hold around this 103 level as it looks to have maybe b/o out of that old resistance area.. This seems to be one of the more complicated charts I own..
- Trixie: @Aragorn $STOR besides them overall being weak, and having been something that had been a leader b4, now defiantly having some profit taking.. I kind of wonder if we don't work our way over to the lower end of this channel , if one can call it such, we only have 2 pts on the lower bit.. I'd rather see the 50ma hold (I'm in from the last 50ma touch/bounce). I'm not sure if they over all grouping pulls back more.. fwiw $STOR has released their annual report video today.. http://ir.storecapital.com/GenPage.aspx?IID=4553160&GKP=305083 (at least I think).. reasonable short bit of info on them) I had thrown $AMT out after relying to @mrAdams inquiry about it.. Hopefully I didn't bottom tick it..
- Aragorn: @Trixie $STOR $AMT thanks for the visual yes but if Mr market starts puking that 50 is not going ot hold
- Trixie: @Aragorn $STOR $AMT I had been thinking that too.
|Stock Price||$USD 137.62|
American Tower Corp is a wireless and broadcast communications infrastructure company that owns, operates and develops communications sites. The Company's main business is leasing antenna space on multi-tenant communications sites to different providers.Request Video of AMT
Already a member? Sign in here.
- February 27th, 2018 - 2017 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 70.75 18.96%
- $USD 18.53 16.26%
- $USD 16.60 15.12%
- $USD 16.40 -33.39%
- $USD 6.58 -15.98%
- $USD 25.96 -15.66%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 53,000 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (53,000) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!