American Tower Corporation (REIT) (NYSE:AMT)
Old Forum Content for AMTMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- grcjr: $INTC $AMD - one thing to remember is that it is not possible for a laptop (desktop or other) maker to simply swap in an $AMD cpu for a current $INTC cpu. The support chips must be replaced also. Can result in different power supply, fans, others. Ta ...
- ROSEY: @grcjr $INTC $AMD $AAPL $AMT A man mentioned a tiny bit in conversation that Apple would be making it's own chip. Do U know what that might be and know more about their plans to become their own component maker? I am know-nothing, just listening. Thanks.
- grcjr: @ROSEY $INTC $AMD $AAPL $AMT - I suspect that you must be thinking of the ARM chip. I believe that ARM Holdings (ticker was ARMH) was purchased by SoftBank. Apple has been making ARM processors for years. Apple's iPad and iPhone has ARM CPUs in them currently. The Laptops and desktops have $INTC. Apple "could" do more if they choose to. I say that Apple "made" ARM. Apple does not have their own FAB. Apple and others including $QCOM buy rights to the ARM design and then are free to modify the design and then make their own chips. The Apple ARM chips are made by Taiwan Semi and Samsung.
- Samik: @DAN. these were stocks that you mentioned at some point in time across the last 3 months. But don't hear about them now. Would like to have your advice on them -- buy / sell / add : - $STRL (-5.3% loss), $THC (-22% loss), $SEDG (22% gain), $COG (-7% loss), $CRC (14% gain), $KEY (6.27% gain), $CC (10.04% gain), $SINA (12.49% gain), $SMTC (-8.3% gain), $AMT (30% gain), $AAPL (79% gain). $RIOT went down by 8% :( cheers
- grcjr: $AMAT $NVDA $AMZN $AMT $AAPL $SOXL - Many of the tech's are up a small amount. I'm continuing to trim a bit from the few I have left. I thinking there might not improve until earnings kick back in ... if there are earnings.
- grcjr: @Samik $AMT - Down today. But only to a price it was at earlier this week. Regaining a little bit. Opportunity or bull trap? I'm tempted to add to my position with a stop a bit under today's low. YMMV.
- Samik: @Dan would like to have your views on $AMT. At 38% profit. Should I hold / sell / buy more ?
- optionswealth: @Samik $AMT Seasonally 73% of the time $AMT moves up into January with some volatility, some zigs and zags.
- grcjr: @Samik @optionswealth $AMT - good point @optionswealth. Also consider that with the upcoming expansion of the 4G and beyond as well as expected iPhone (and other) sales, I will be surprised if $AMT does not beat expectations.
- Samik: @grcjr @optionswealth Tx. for your advice on $AMT. So if I got you both right, I should buy more of $AMT. Correct ?
- grcjr: @Samik $AMT - What's your time frame? I'm looking to cautiously rebuild a position on pullbacks. $AMT is currently moving up the 20dma which has been support most of the time. I do look at the drop in Sept as a shot across the bow so keep your stops up to date. Last week or the end of Sept would have been better buy points with a stop below the 20dma. From here it could move into consolidation giving the 50dma time to catch up. I'm not buying today. I am looking to build a swing trade.
- optionswealth: @Samik $AMT I wanted to give you an expansion of thinking about whether to add. You can decide if you are willing to go along with the zigs and zags and the possibilities of this stock. The MACD is in a good position for adding as the histogram and the MACD line are both moving up. It is walking up the 20 dma and so far today the candle looks like it will be a continuation candle. Nothing is a guarantee, but you are adding onto an already profitable position is my assumption. What the news after the president makes comments about today will do, none of us knows.
- grcjr: $AMT set to present at the UBS Annual Golbal Media and Communications Conference 12/4 at 11AM ET. Live audio webcast from $AMT website.
- Samik: @grcjr $AMT Am looking at a time period till end of Q1 since both you and @optionswealth mentioned that Jan is a time when they go up. Have been holiding $AMT since 16th Sept 2016. Am a patient trader .. may be too patient @ times :). Worth keeping till Q1 & then relooking at the stock situation @ that time ?
- grcjr: $SOXL $SQ $MU $WDC $AMAT $AAPL, $INTC several more, $AMT - Followup to my post yesterday, all up today (in % order) $SOXL is up 3.49% at this time, the largest of those on my watch list. All of the roughly 30 tickers on my Tech list are positive today, even $AMT (perhaps not really tech but I put it here anyway). Tough to buy, great to hold. Or is it? Perhaps a time to take some profits? Tightening my stops.
- Henry: $AMT down $12 in aftermarket.....on trade of 7 shares #fakequotes
- DrScience: $AMT $SBAC $CCI moving on $VZ $T news of building more cell towers. And you know how we feel about "More," Teddy Broosevelt!(couldn't resist the Geico moment :-) )
- Samik: @Dan would love to have your views on $AMT (40% profit. should I sell or hold ?). $AAPL (80% profit. should I sell or hold ?). $WB (sold off all stocks @ 35% profit). Thought there was strong resistance @ ~ $100. Stock went down to $ 90's but now up again to $108. Your views would be helpful. Tx
- Junior1: @Samik $AMT not DAN (obviously), but I sold AMT minutes ago. I bought this on Friday, looking for a breakout. The last two trading sessions don't look promising rhrn. IMHO
- Junior1: $AMT Phase 2 candidate, set alerts
- JJT1: @Junior1 $AMT This also looks to me to be cup and handle with handle forming today. If so, measured move to 163 ish?
- Junior1: $AMT Phase 2 could be finished. Found support 2 hours ago. Now above VWAP decisively. Low risk entry here with a stop a today's LOD
- Junior1: @Junior1 $AMT BTO starter position at 150.38. Alert set for 148.46 (I don't use stops)
- Henry: $AMT $CCI $SBAC The later upgraded, all gapping higher. The $TMUS $S failed merger may be playing a role
- grcjr: $AMT new 52+ week highs ... up 4.8% at this time
- grcjr: $AMT spiking. Looking for news.
- Henry: @grcjr $AMT If $S and $TMUS don't merge they will still need separate tower space
- grcjr: @grcjr $AMT - did someone leak earnings? Earnings tomorrow before the open.
- bsafriet: @grcjr $AMT Going higher on news that SoftBank may abandon efforts to merge $TMUS and $S. Other tower names higher as well.
- grcjr: @Henry $AMT $S $TMUS - makes sense. Although I believe some towers are shared.
- bwcarnation1: $CCI, $AMT ,$SBAC all up nicely tho off of their hi's...been offline all day so trying to catch up...something to do with $S/$TMUS deal not happening? Would have sold on the spike but missed it..anyone holding any of these thinking the news will help these companies?
- champ: @grcjr $AMT @ $142.90 now....but I missed your post and this stock bounced on news, on volume, right around your post....good catch...but I have NP.
- grcjr: @champ $AMT - by the time I noticed and looked at a buy I was too late to be willing to chase. Waiting to see if it pulls back or takes another step up. Have my buy order on the screen.
- Samik: @Dan need your advice on these. Should I sell / hold / buy more ? $SINA (currently @ 30% profits), $CC (currently @ 41% profit, had sold off 50% of the holding a month ago @ 33% profit based on your advice of taking some profits & holding the rest), $AMT (currently @ 27% profits but this slid down from ~40% profits in the last 3-4 weeks :( ), $WB (currently @ 25% profits, had sold of 1/2 a month ago @ 33% profits based on your advice of taking some profits & holding the rest), $AAPL (currently @ 58% profits, had sold off 3/4th of the stock 2 months ago when you advice to take some profits & hold the rest) ?
- Samik: @Dan good day to buy $BABA, $SINA, $CC, $AMT, $WB ?
- Bridget: @Samik $BABA $SINA $CC $AMT $WB Buy winners, not losers. I would suggest you sit on your hands today and wait to see what happens tomorrow. Will we get a bounce or more selling.
- issues: @Bridget $BABA $SINA $CC $AMT $WB right but I'm waiting for the green day (Dan's Irish - you know).
- mradams0621: $AMT big drop on volume. No new news. Recent news all positive. Been a great LTH but this shot across the bow in concerning.
- Henry: @mradams0621 $AMT Add the others $SBAC and $CCI Reason $TMUS & $S merger rumors
- mradams0621: @Henry $AMT $SBAC $CCI $TMUS $S Thank you. I see the charts but I do not understand it. Why is that a big deal? Is it time to take profits?
- Sluggo: @mradams0621 $AMT I would like to think that it is because it had 10 up days in a row (virtually unheard of) and got over it's skies. I had a position since June and sold it when it started the descent. It will probably even out somewhere, but I exited before the fall or "rebalancing". Nothing wrong with the company.
- grcjr: @Forexpro $AAPL $MU, $WDC, $AMT - I thought the new watch had some useful features but I don't wear a watch. I carry an iPhone SE. The new displays look nice but I don't need them to play DVDs or BR source material. Stream 4K? How many of us will it take to crash your favorite carrier? I may buy a new iPad (likely be my last one) and a new MacBookPro in the coming year. Trading content: $MU, $WDC, $AMT and others may be good plays to support the new $AAPL and competitive products. Cheers to you. Have a great week. BTW the air has been mostly clear here in Boulder since last Friday. Hope your air is better.
- bsafriet: @Shopaholic526 $COR my stop got hit as well today. Other than all of real estate being down, I found no news. $AMT down as well. Is this fallout from the hurricanes?
- Samik: @DAN $MOMO $CC $SINA $AMT $BABA As per your advice, I sold off 50% of my stocks of $CC & $WB. $ WB has crossed $100. What is your advice on the same ? Shall I sell off the rest 50% ? Also desired to seek your advice on $AMT & $AAPL. These 2 stocks just seem to be going up and up and up & have not rested. Am still holding on to both. Is it time to sell / buy more or hold ?
- champ: $AMT @ $146 --- They will be at....a $GS conference on Wednesday 9/13 and they had 2 upgrades today and price targets were raised.....they should have positive comments and I'm holding a New Spec swing position.
- Sluggo: $AMT $RTN $V $PYPL $CRM $CBOE $ADBE $NUGT $MZOR $SEDG $BABA $YY This has been my portfolio since early June with exception of $NUGT which I bought on it's breakout a few days ago and I have been in and out of the Chinese stocks. All 12 stocks up today at this point. I don't want a pat on the head. Just trying to help my friends in the forum.
- mradams0621: $AMT falling knife
- Samik: @DAN $MOMO $CC $SINA $AMT $BABA As per your advice, I sold off 50% of my stocks of $CC & $WB. $ WB has cross $100. What is your advice on the same ? Shall I sell off the rest 50% ? Also desired to seek your advice on $AMT & $AAPL. These 2 stocks just seem to be going up and up and up & have not rested. Am still holding on to both. Is it time to sell / buy more or hold ?
- issues: @Sluggo $AMT $CBOE $ALRM $RTN $NUGT $V $PYPL $CRM $ADBE Thank you Sluggo! You hit the ball out of the park. You aint' no sluggo but a slugger!
- Sluggo: @issues $AMT $CBOE $ALRM $RTN $NUGT $V $PYPL $CRM $ADBE Thank you for your kind words. I have a full time job working from home so I cant comment often but I have had these stocks for 3-4 months and are steady but not giving me heartburn. I made some money (or broke even) on some Chinese stocks but they were giving me the heebie jeebies since the Beta was high and they would jump and fall $3-$5 a day. Most of them are still working but had some major dips in the process. More later..
- Sluggo: A couple of weeks ago, I brought 6 stocks to Dan's attention and he was gracious enough to cover all of them. I am not tooting my own horn. I just want to help where I can with the Forum. I added a couple of them on here. All are working, but many are now extended. You may want to put them on your watch list. $AMT up 10 days in a row. $CBOE working. $ALRM working. $RTN working and we all know why. $NUGT just breaking out. $V working. $PYPL working in slight cons. $PYPL working in cons. $CRM working. $ADBE working. Hope that helps. Most are extended but worth watching for a better entry point.
- Samik: @Dan. You have been consistently advising on being in cash during the volatile times & get back in when things are stable & going up. Desired to have your views on these. Which ones should I hold & which ones to sell off. $MOMO (21% profit), $CC (28% profit), $SINA (13% profit), $ WB (25% profit), $AMT (33% profit), $BABA (28% profit). Tx.
- gwenzee: @Samik $MOMO $CC $SINA $AMT $BABA I'm not Dan but I would take 1/3 to 1/2 off the table and raise my stops on the rest. My $.02 worth.
DAN: @Samik $MOMO $CC $SINA $AMT $BABA Hey Samik. Nice problem to have. Here is my take:
First, most (if not all) of these stocks are working. And as long as they are working, the best thing to do is stay long and adjust your stops to protect those pr ...
- Samik: @DAN $MOMO $CC $SINA $AMT $BABA Tx a lot Dan. Appreciate. Tx for teaching me the discipline as well. I will execute on your recommendations right away.
- DAN: @Samik $MOMO $CC $SINA $AMT $BABA Fingers crossed that they work out.
- Sluggo: $AMT $V $RTN $PYPL $YY $ALRM I have reduced my trading positions and taken profits with the shaky market indexes but wanted to share 6 core positions I have had for quite a while and ALL are working. $YY had a brief setback because of a secondary but is recovering nicely. Hope that helps someone.
- Sluggo: @dan Is there any chance that you can go through any of my winning positions that I am hanging onto to give them the once Dan over? I have sold my other positions (not these ones) for a break even or a profit because of the market warning signs. I am a new guy to the forum but have been under your tutelage for years. $V $AMT $RTN $PYPL $YY $ALRM Thanks so much!
- DAN: @Sluggo $V $AMT $RTN $PYPL $YY $ALRM Sure, Sluggo. I'll go through them tonight. Happy to see you in the forum.
- grcjr: $AMT setting new all time high. This is a great play on the future growth of cellular bandwidth. They own towers that the cell providers use to hang their equipment. Been a long term hold and occasional option play.
- optionswealth: @grcjr $AMT popped out of a squeeze 4 days ago. It is now down on the day. This could be forming a flag and a better entry time if one missed the squeeze. It has been a quiet mover up. It has touched the 50 dma twice this summer, but usually the 20dma is support. At this time, it is in the same position as so many other stocks, it is quite high above the 200dma. That's a point where squeezes don't always last long. It's definitely been a holding stock.
- grcjr: @optionswealth $AMT - Wanted to put this on others' watch. I did add a few days ago. Will add again on a pullback. Thanks.
- 1993dean: $CCI and $AMT
- Henry: $AMT I told someone on Tuesday that the rest of the group didn't look good. AMT gave it all back. Now we have an island top
- bwcarnation1: $AMT b.o vs
- Samik: can anyone help share views on $AMT and $LITE ? They were recommended few weeks ago but no one talks of them now.
- bwcarnation1: $AMT holding up well today on 2x vol and 2.5% vs.
- Henry: @Samik $AMT Someone told me to buy it in 2004 when it was a teenager. I did not buy. It sounded like one of the many stock tips you get; but this one worked and I thought I missed the move. It took me until 2013 to figure out that the move wasn't over. My cost basis is in the 70's and for now you will have to pry it from my cold dead fingers. If you buy it here, I am assuming you want either to trade the volatility squeeze or you want to start a position and buy more if it pulls back. If the former put a stop under today''s low. If the later, buy small the other antenna stocks to not look as strong today and the market is weak. I don't have a lot of confidence that it will take off from here.
- Bridget: Notes: Stocks I mentioned yesterday that were "toppy", fell below support today. $TSM $AMAT $LRCX $SWKS $MCHP FAANG - not looking good since $XLK is rolling over $AMTD - great performing bank stock $AXP - working $YRD - Vol Squeeze up $OSUR - breakout $FSLR - holding up well $SBAC $AMT $CCI - up on $CHTR deal $PLYA - #ipo new high $STX - breaking out to the downside $PYPL - double top $TXN - breaking down $IRBT - shot across the bow $KHC falling below 200MA $GE - almost at 52 week low Dumpster Diving $CBL $AFSI - coming off the bottom
- grcjr: $AMT nice uptrend. In developing VS. Love to see it spend time moving right and let the 50dma move up.
- grcjr: @grcjr $NVDA $AMT $AMAT --- correction $AMT not $AMD
- grcjr: $NVDA (correction not $AMD) $AMT $AMAT new 52 week highs.
- grcjr: $AMT one of my few holdings that is positive this morning. Set new 52 week high.
- Bieber: @grcjr $AMT Why is that?
- grcjr: @Bieber $AMT - good question. The daily chart has been on a roll for a few months now. Just under 2% yield. Previous earnings 4/27 so no earnings run. I think of this as a REIT. Towers for Cell phone repeaters. Demand for more data drives more business for $AMT. I expect this uptrend to continue. I am looking to see if there is anything in recent insider buying/selling.
- DrScience: $CCI breaking out of volatility squeeze. As @grcjr noted, $AMT making a new 52-week high.
- humble: @grcjr $AMT Please share :)
- grcjr: @humble $AMT - I've not spotted anything specific. A couple small Board buy/sells. RBC upgraded price target to $145 from $134 last April 28. $AMT to present at annual JP Morgan Conference. To me: $AMT is just a good stock still working.
- bsafriet: $COR $AMT. $COR $99.75 + 0.51. $AMT. $131.10 $ 2.73
- bsafriet: $AMT Up today on rumor/reports that $AMZN may get involved in a planned $DISH wireless business. Price target on $AMT boosted to $140 from $130 by Barclay's Amir Rozwadowski (Bloomberg).
- grcjr: @Bieber @humble $AMT $SBAC - on CNBC Dr J just covered $SBAC noting volume, movement up, due to expansion of cellular data rates. Both would have been a great 59 minute trade today.
- grcjr: $AMT nice move this morning
- ag1: $AMT adding a little here
- tigerjohn8: @Bridget $XHB $ELLI $MCHP $AMT $AZPN $EDU $SMG $BIDU $SHOP $TTWO $TEAM $GM $F $STMP $CTRP $GLNG $FNSR $OCLR $LITE $NFLX $EOG Thank you Bridget. Very helpful
grcjr: $VZ $GLW $AMT - $VZ reports tomorrow before the open. $GLW reports 4/25 before the open. $AMT reports 4/27 before the open.
The announcements re $VZ, $GLW and possible others (including possible acquisitions) says to me they believe in the future. T ...
- Bridget: Notes: $XHB - breaking out $ELLI working $MCHP - break out on good volume $AMT - working $AZPN - new high out of squeeze $EDU - breakout on volume. Could be the start of an earnings run. $SMG - solid breakout on volume. ER on 5/2 $BIDU - big move on news of their autonomous driving program Apollo $SHOP - new high. Stair step pattern continues $TTWO - breakout to new high out of squeeze on good volume $TEAM - finally holding above $30 $GM $F - basing $STMP - finding support at 200MA $CTRP - bearish engulfing, break of the 50DMA and lower BB. Very bearish move $GLNG - looks like a short set up $FNSR - optical stocks are still getting sold hard $OCLR $LITE $NFLX - broke support $EOG - also breaking support
- Bridget: $AMT another new high
- grcjr: $AMT jumping
- DAN: @grcjr $AMT really nice move today.
- grcjr: @DAN $AMT - until the market flipped. :-(
- grcjr: @DrScience $SWKS - woo hoo. Long. $AMT also 52 week high. $AAPL still close. Thanks for your posts. Regards.
- grcjr: $AMT moving up the upper BB. Added.
- grcjr: $AMT a great chart from bottom left to upper right. Moving higher again today. Earnings recently 2/27. Running above the upper BB.
- champ: @DrScience $CCI -- The same is going on with $AMT...I'm holding
- champ: $AMT @ $113 ---Climbing a little going into ....on Monday morning ...I'm going to hold a small position thru ER.
- Bridget: Notes: Stocks I recommend buying on this pullback: $WB - stop at $49.50 $X - stop at $35 $TWLO - stop at $31 $AON - stop at $115 Stocks that are working: $MRK $BA $PNW - ER this morning $AKAO $MMM $AMT - ER 2/27 $MON $MO $DGX $JNJ $CGNX $HII $CMS $ORCL $PAYC Breakouts: $EXC $T - almost $COR $PEG Possible Shorts: $HDS $CNX #IPOs working $TELL $CWH $BIVV $TTD $BL
- woodman: @Bridget $WB $X $TWLO $AON $MRK $BA $PNW $AKAO $MMM $AMT $MON $MO $DGX $JNJ $CGNX $HII $CMS $ORCL $PAYC $EXC $T $COR $PEG $HDS $CNX $TELL $CWH $BIVV $TTD $BL #IPOs Nice post. Thanks.
- drmike54: @Bridget $WB $X $TWLO $AON $MRK $BA $PNW $AKAO $MMM $AMT $MON $MO $DGX $JNJ $CGNX $HII $CMS $ORCL $PAYC $EXC $T $COR $PEG $HDS $CNX $TELL $CWH $BIVV $TTD $BL #IPOs Thanks, Bridget.......very helpful.......
- Bridget: $AMT is continuing higher RHRN, going into ER on 2/27
|Stock Price||$USD 136.62|
American Tower Corp is a wireless and broadcast communications infrastructure company that owns, operates and develops communications sites. The Company's main business is leasing antenna space on multi-tenant communications sites to different providers.Request Video of AMT
Already a member? Sign in here.
- April 26th, 2018 - 2018 Q1 Earnings
- May 1st, 2018 - 2018 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 7.78 19.37%
- $USD 64.97 13.56%
- $USD 168.00 8.40%
- $USD 27.56 -41.03%
- $USD 10.63 -18.89%
- $USD 58.85 -16.06%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 55,100 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (55,100) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!