Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
Old Forum Content for AMZNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- debeers: $AMZN-Misses China sales by half.
- debeers: $AMZN/$AAPL-Smart phones in India? Airtel and AMZN introducing a 3399 rupee smart phone to India. How much is 3399 rupees you ask? Oh, that would be 49.99 US dollars. What's the catch? The catch is that it is 4G.
- debeers: $AMZN-sold for 1634 would awfully like to buy it back at 1544 or thereabouts. $LRCX/$MU- Let all of $LRCX go and kept 50% of MU.
- grcjr: $NVDA - someone is buying. ... other than just me :-) Also $AMZN $NFLX
- geotheo: #Morgan Stanley 30 Top Stock picks (FWIW) Accenture $ACN Activision Blizzard $ATVI Alphabet $GOOGL Amazon $AMZN BlackRock $BLK BNY Mellon Schwab $SCHW Constellation Brands $STZ Dollar General $DG Dominos $DPZ Estee Lauder $EL First Republic Bank $frc Gartner $IT Intuitive Surgical $ISRG IQVIA Holdings $IQV JP Morgan $JPM Marsh & McLennan $MMC Microsoft $MSFT NExtEra Energy $NEE Northrop $NOC Phillip Morris $PM Prologis $PLD Raytheon $RTN Salesforce.com $CRM SBA Comm $SBAC Sherwin Williams $SHW Thermo Fisher Scientific $TMO Visa $V Disney $DIS
4. $AMZN – Holding up well. This can fall a lot farther without much damage.
5. $NVDA – Looking for stabilization.
6. $OLLI – still going. Trail the stock with a stop.
7. $FIVE – added a bit today.
8. $GOOS – Added to ...
- Kristine: $AMZN - Hasn't moved either way much post earnings but it is nice to see the gradual consolidation. I was tempted to buy ITM calls on Friday but I talked myself out of it as I'd like to get them closer to 1560. Their annual shareholder meeting is sometime in the next couple of weeks so that might be holding the price in the current range.
- debeers: $AMZN-Today the price increases by $20 on new prime members . So the analysts are debating if the increase would alienate members.Doesn't seem to alienate Netflix's Considering the price of gasoline is $4 in Cali where i live, you could recoup that by placing one $AMZN order .Speeding tix are up a whopping $100. I look at that increase every time I'm in a car because at some point in time I will no longer be able to talk my way out of tickets.......I do not grasp why officers cannot average out speeds-Mine which is 20mph over and my hubby's which is 20 mi under.
- Wykeman: $AMZN. Green. Favorite color
$AMZN-$LEN- Lennar will be offering smart homes which control light and dark and temperature through Alexa in its "smart homes" series. Schlage locks is also partnering with Alexa for smart locks. NP in LEN.
- bigbartabs: $AAPL $AMZN... who would have ever thought that a single company could go public, and reach a trillion dollar market cap... in a mere 38 years. And then to have another go public, and likely break that record by 17 years.
- gwenzee: $LEN $AMZN Lennar is putting Alexa in all its new homes. Big Brother will be watching you.
22. $AMZN – is this a C&H? Where’s a good entry point?
23. $ATHM – Reversal after earnings drop?
24. $EDU – weekly chart squeeze? When to buy starter?
26. $XLU – is XLU getting crushed just b/c TNX is up? ...
- Mpower27: @Henry $PETS I thought I remembered reading $AMZN was getting into the pet food biz. I'm surprised this didn't tank last week.
- debeers: $AMZN/$DXCM/$RACE/$BA/$SIVB/$DK-Watch Delek tonight. I think that with the refiners popping this is not only a good bet to outperform but a prime tuck in for a Marathon or Valero. $SIVB as Silicon Valley and entrepreneurship and venture cap goes, so ...
- champ: @debeers $AMZN $DXCM $RACE $BA $SIVB $DK $HD ----- I'm risking a swing position of 1/5th size into earnings, after the close. Took long term profits on my main position a few days ago...but I would like to rebuild, if possible...on this #Refiner... $DK.
- Wolf: $BLNK $AMZN #WFM announced an agreement to have charging stations at WFM. Up 150%! Anyone care to guess which way it will go from here?
- debeers: @champ $AMZN $DXCM $RACE $BA $SIVB $DK $HD #Refiner --thanks for your take.
- debeers: $AMZN vs $WMT-so it turns out that Flipkart (the biggest Indian grocer) still hasn't decided who it wants to buy them. Bezos is waaay too smart to let this one get away.
- Forexpro: @steve71 $AMZN $V $MA $SQ $PYPL Thanks, Steve71, Here's a summary of Bernstein's take (via Theflyonthewall.com): "Bernstein analyst Harshita Rawat notes that Bloomberg reported that Amazon (AMZN) is offering discounts to merchants to adopt Amazon Pay. While the analyst sees limited "new news," he believes that Amazon poses a long-term, risk to PayPal (PYPL). Regarding impact on Visa (V) and MasterCard (MA), Rawat does believe Amazon brings some risk of brand obfuscation, pricing pressure and yet another formidable payment wallet to contend with. However, the risk is more contained than is often perceived, he adds." Need to wait for confirmation, but it may be getting close to a bounce. Hope you're doing well. All the best!
- Kristine: $AMZN - Well might be a bit early but I'm back in.
- Kristine: @Kristine $AMZN - Certainly wasn't expecting a $12 gain so fast. Normally my timing would result in an opposite move.
- debeers: For all you option guys and ladies--Now that $AMZN has Wag Dogfood (get with it Jeff- there are more kitties in this country than dogs) will the pet store stocks get hit??
- Terry: @Kristine $AMZN I can certainly relate to that. :)
- JJS: @debeers $AMZN, Dear fave poster, I don't post much but value yours even though you don't post your avatar which I'm sure looks like Ave Gardner's twin sister. Just wanted to point out that although I really like Amazon, and pets, that having had both cats and dogs, that dogs can eat and digest virtually anything, but cats are obligate carnivores, and 50-90 percent of commercial cat food makers stuff their cat food with fillers, frequently grain and starchy veggies...just read the first item in the description. I would hope that AMZN offers pet foods in recognition of this. Best Regards, JJS
- CoyoteDuster: holding full position in $AMZN, moved stops up to 1542. added to $ATHM @91.18 holding full position in OLLI, stop at 62.25
- debeers: @JJS $AMZN -I learn something new every day. Thanks for the info.
- shoredriver: $EVLV Not really my type of thing but is rumored to be a buy out by $AMZN....I look at this like a Leap...likely wont' go south too far and a possibility of a triple or so.....they are the second largest TV channel retailer behind QVC/HSN .... which is the nations 3rd largest retailer just behind $WMT( was not aware of that)
- steve71: $AMZN $V $MA $SQ $PYPL "Reports are that Amazon plans to offer retailers some discounts if they adopt Amazon Pay, which takes a number of processors' shares lower." - Real Money Amazon may put a big hurt on the payment processors. Probably a majority of Amazon payments are processed with a bank card or PayPal. But I wonder if any drop in Square is a collateral damage opportunity. $SQ is much more point-of-sale than online. Their big profit item is loans to their merchant group.
- debeers: $AMZN-Amazon is planning to come out with its own pet food brand: WAG. In this case the dog is wagging the tail. Others in animal consumables, except for meds should get crushed at Thursday's open.
- grcjr: $AAPL $TMUS $S others - if I were $AAPL or one of the other cell phone providers, I'd already be way down the path of the design of their first 5G cell phone. As the 5G standard is STILL not done it might be risky to go much further. I'd be looking a ...
debeers: $AMZN/$BA-Amazon just announced it has expanded its credit facility by 4B dollars. More plane purchases appear in the offing:
The moves by Amazon to massively boost its credit facilities and launch a commercial paper program — which are securit ...
- mjnteach: @champ $AMZN #OutStanding Thanks! I spent many years listening to people like Cramer who encouraged investors to buy on the way DOWN if the company's fundamentals are good. The problem with that is that I rode a lot of horses down and lost a lot of money. Joining SMM required me to develop a different mindset. Thanks for the encouragement. Have a great day!
I'm mildly surprised to see the E-mini futures down (not a lot, 3.50 points to 2671, but still ...) with so many marquee names up big. $AMZN, $MSFT and $INTC are all up nicely, and $BABA, $NVDA and $NFLX are all showing decent gains. Financials are ...
- rck89: @Forexpro $AMZN $MSFT $INTC $BABA $NVDA $NFLX Mmm? I share your "queasiness", but I've learned not to fight the tape! So let's see how the day plays out - at least through the open! Still have to figure how I trade my $AMZN May 1530 calls??? Thanks for your helpful comments and updates!
- DAN: @rck89 $AMZN $MSFT $INTC $BABA $NVDA $NFLX Nice to see you have those calls, rck89. Stock is down $20 from its morning high at 8:50. But anything can happen once the opening bell goes "ding, ding, ding, ding!" You know what I'd suggest: ("Sell half...and then see what happens.....") --Dan
- rck89: @DAN $AMZN $MSFT $INTC $BABA $NVDA $NFLX Got it! And I've also got $INTC calls!
- DAN: $AMZN -- short.
- riskmanager: @DAN $AMZN Do you actually short the stock, or use options (buy puts)? Thanks
- woodman: $AMZN - sold what I bought yesterday. Thank you Mr. Market.
- rck89: $AMZN STC $AMZN May 1530 calls @$94cr - $121 cr...BTO @87.663 db. Ok, I "screwed the pooch" on my last lot. Had no business turning my head to sneeze! STC $INTC Jan 2019, 50 calls @7.7....BTO@5.5. Sold some of my "stock replacement" calls just to take profits. Hopefully, I can buy them back cheaper today or next week. All in all, a killer day...really! Thanks all for the help and encouragement. Now I'd better get to the bathroom - finally!
- DAN: $AMZN - R3 is $1590. Stock rebounding off that level (prior resistance is new support). If that level fall, AMZN likely starting another leg lower today.
- DAN: @riskmanager $AMZN Short the stock. Easier to manage.
- tkcoretrader: @DAN $AMZN $MSFT $INTC $BABA $NVDA $NFLX I really enjoyed your teaching on charts over the past 3 years. The last webinar allowed me to reinforce what I have learned with sucess. Thanks for all you do and your team.
- DAN: $AMZN -- Closed 1/2.
- DAN: @DAN $AMZN Stop on remaining at break even.
- debeers: @DAN $AMZN -at what price please did you close out 1/2?
- DAN: @debeers $AMZN 1591.80
- DAN: @DAN $AMZN FYI -- I closed out the remaining short in AMZN. Now have a bull put spread on the stock. I think it should stabilize around 1600ish. Earnings were absolutely BLOWOUT numbers. And that should prompt some institutional demand now that the stock has pulled back a bit from its reaction high this morning.
- Junior1: @DAN $AMZN Hmmm.... I have a bear call spread on. We could both be winners! 1645's
- DAN: @Junior1 $AMZN LOL. I have a bear call spread and a bull put spread on AMZN now. $100 apart -- 1500 and 1700 inside strikes. The delta is just about neutral. Very close to zero. But it's interesting to watch the P/L oscillate on the trade. Very wild swings because of the wide bid/ask spreads. But the chart is what matters. And the calendar. Each passing day...drip drip drip.
- Junior1: @DAN $AMZN It's difficult to get any real premium without using a fair amount of buying power.
- champ: @Junior1 $AMZN --- But it all works the same....you get the same % on your $$$$, on any stock position. The more dollars you invest in a stock, the higher the return or loss is but the % on your $$$$ always remains the same...it is about risk reward. Just saying.....
- Junior1: @champ $AMZN Fair enough, but to sell AMZN 18 May 1800.0 calls for $1.30 requires $16k collateral. Sure, this can be reduced significantly by a spread. Sell the 1810 and it's reduced to $1K. but the credit is reduced to $0.25
- spmeyers: @Forexpro $AMZN $MSFT $INTC $BABA $NVDA $NFLX yeah, surprised me too; seems like every time the clouds seem to be parting they come back around! good luck.
- DAN: @Junior1 $AMZN I know. It's huge.
- Kristine: @Junior1 $AMZN - The direction is tough given the price action over the last few days. On Wed it bounced off the low of $1415 and just days before that is was in the $1560's. If this gap up was off a better balanced range it would be easier for my decisions. I sold half this morning and trying to decide what to do with the remaining position.
- Vehid: Looks like traders will take profits on $AMZN and this may cause the market to close weak.
- traderbren: @Vehid $AMZN - filling the gap on the morning pop.
- debeers: $AMZN is up 34.14% year to date. $SIVB is only up 30.73% year to date. Too bad it's not good enough to make the growth stocks list. Oh, well.Have a good weekend.. Forexpro--I am looking for midcap internationals like this one. I hope you are around after the weekend so we can compare notes.I hope all goes well with the Bruins.
- shoredriver: @debeers $AMZN $SIVB Harsh.....but true......
- DavidM: @debeers $AMZN $SIVB Well 18.5 % of $SIVB's gain was today. Give the poor guy a chance to catch up :-)
- Robert1965: @DAN $AMZN When did you start closing out your stock short, the 1st part, what was initial stop on the short, and on the final stop on the 1st and 2nd part, Thanks
COTD: $AMZN – do you buy the open when the company beats earnings by 200%? Here’s your trade.
VIDEO ONE: This is your perspective video.
$SPX – still rangebound.
$AMZN – this chart shows what state the market is in.
- woodman: $AMZN trying to get back up through the 50 day.
- Kristine: $AMZN - Big decision today....hold or sell. I'm leaning towards holding.
- mjnteach: @Kristine $AMZN Me too! I am thinking long-term hold. Getting in and out on a frequent basis doesn't work for me.
- Forexpro: Re: $AMZN Hi, Friends, SeekingAlpha is citing a report on a new-ish product line from Amazon. Aren't these the people who wanted the keys to our houses? Playing it both ways is doubly profitable, I suppose ... "TechCrunch reports that Amazon (AMZN +4.4%) has launched an online portal for home security products and services. There are five tiers selling for a flat fee (no monthly contracts) and come with the products and in-person installation from Amazon consultants. The starter Outdoor Base pack gives you an Echo Dot and indoor and outdoor lighting that makes it look like someone’s home for a total price of $240. The Smartest tier has the highest price tag at $840 and includes an alarm siren, motion and safety sensors, a camera, a Dot and the lighting, and a video doorbell." All the best!
- bsafriet: $AMZN $INTC $MSFT Holding all over E/R
- Kristine: @mjnteach $AMZN - I agree! I have been stopped out a few times over the last two months but I end up getting back in.
- Junior1: @bsafriet $AMZN $84 move expected! 5.5%
- Kristine: @bsafriet $AMZN $INTC $MSFT - also holding $AMZN & $MSFT through earnings ;)
- woodman: @bsafriet $AMZN $INTC $MSFT - Holding $AMZN ... gulp.
- CoyoteDuster: today stopped out of $PSEC. Bought $MT @ 3.56. Holding $BA and $AMZN which I intend to keep as longer term holds. (still have stops in place) full position in $OLLI is still working. I realize I have too many active trades going, and need to pare down to a few to stay focused, given the time available. Fast trading is not for me - have to resist the temptation to jump in. I'm into and holding a few #yieldhogs $IVR, $WHF $NLY (with stops)
- Kristine: $AMZN $1638
- woodman: $AMZN - shrugs off unprecedented attacks by most powerful person in the world and keeps on keeping on.
- Junior1: @Kristine $AMZN $1,602 was expected upside. May revert back to this level.
- Wykeman: @woodman $AMZN yay..finally i got a good hit!
- woodman: @Wykeman $AMZN - ... but now it needs to hold up tomorrow.
- Motorman: @woodman $AMZN Same thought I had about $CMG and did not buy after-hours...and we saw what the burrito did today.
- traderbren: @woodman $AMZN - yep, and Dan's LT target is in sight...$2K. Long Calls. :-) We'll see what tomorrow brings.
- Wykeman: @woodman $AMZN long term for me. not a huge position.
- Kristine: @Junior1 $AMZN - Congrats on taking profits! I have May 18th calls so I'll wait to see what tomorrow brings.
- Forexpro: Re: #E-miniFutures Hi, Friends, Encouraged by $AMZN, no doubt, the E-minis closed a tick off the session high. Decent recovery. Have a great evening, and congrats to holders of $AMZN. $MSFT, which I own, not so much.
- DAN: @traderbren $AMZN Yeah baby! Yeah baby!!! $2000 in reach. (Insert "praying hands" emoticon here).
- mjnteach: @woodman $AMZN I was tempted to sell half before earnings, but I consider this a long-term hold. Can't say I have ever owned a stock up more than $150 in one day!!!!
- Junior1: @Kristine $AMZN You're going to be very happy!
- woodman: @mjnteach $AMZN - Nice! As stupid as this sounds, I sold it earlier in the week, bought it back today and held it through. It worked out, but I don't know if I'd do that again.
- mjnteach: @woodman $AMZN I could have easily looked as "stupid" if it had gone the other way around. :) These swings require a strong stomach for people like me who are new to this. Have a good day!
- champ: @mjnteach $AMZN --- Good Work! ....Smart investors have to make decisions daily and your first decision, was to hold long term and that was also right. After you do the proper research, you have to trust your ability to make the right decisions and I can tell you are a successful investor because you considered your decision and moved forward, without changing your plan and I can tell you, that is not always easy to do. #OutStanding!
- issues: @Wykeman $AMZN It's so expensive and I buy small shares. I am asking myself how many shares would I buy. If I can be personal, how many shares did you buy?
9. $AMZN – earnings.
10. $RTH – it hardly trades. Try $XRT. But there’s no edge here.
11. $TRU – “Scan for pre-earnings moves (tight BBands, increasing volume, and a tight stop, etc.), will I be rewarded?&rd ...
- Wykeman: @issues $AMZN yes, it is an expensive stock. My position is only 5 % of my long term account. Kicking myself for selling $FB in my long term and trading accounts earlier this year. Will be adding back on any pullback. Also missed $ISRG . They always seem to run into earnings.
- issues: @Wykeman $AMZN $FB $ISRG Thank you!
- KemoSabe: $AMZN - Nice $45 turn so far today. The question is..... can it hold it?
- Danzguy: @KemoSabe $AMZN off a dbl bottom on the intraday; good eye!! thx
- grcjr: $AMZN $INTC $$AAPL $SQ Some of the tickers reporting earnings soon 4/26 after the close $AMZN $INTC 5/1 after the close $AAPL 5/2 after the close $SQ
- Forexpro: Re: $AMZN Hi, Friends, From SeekingAlpha, I can neither confirm nor deny. As noted, there are plenty of other exchanges, although this won't aid liquidity: A market data error has led the NYSE Arca to suspend trading in eight symbols for the rest of the day, Reuters reports. Those stocks include Amazon.com (AMZN -0.3%) and both classes of Alphabet (GOOG +0.7%, GOOGL 0.8%), along with Booking Holdings (BKNG 0.6%). Other affected stocks include AutoZone (AZO 0.8%), Intuitive Surgical (ISRG -0.1%) and Markel (MKL -0.9%). The symbols continue to trade elsewhere; a Nasdaq spokesman says stocks could be traded on Nasdaq (NDAQ 0.3%) regardless of issues at another exchange. All the best!
- Kristine: @CoyoteDuster $AMZN Hit $1470 and couldn't resist buying back a few shares. Stop at $1460.
|Stock Price||$USD 1,882.22|
Amazon.com, Inc., serves consumers through its retail websites and focuses on selection, price, and convenience.Request Video of AMZN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- October 25th, 2018 - 2018 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 12.45 58.30%
- $USD 11.15 32.58%
- $USD 23.75 31.11%
- $USD 19.04 %
- $USD 17.31 -39.64%
- $USD 37.27 -28.38%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 57,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (57,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!