Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
Old Forum Content for AMZNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- champ: $AMZN @ $1,150...just keeps slowly moving higher...a nice slow Breakout...
- champ: $CRZO going to swing full position....$AMZN....OUT....for now.
- champ: $AMZN ....back - in this day trade on the open....
- Henry: $AMZN Nomura upped it's pt to $1,360
- champ: $ULTA @ $209 now down $6. I was swinging a small position and I was stop out on the open but I'm watching for the turn and it doesn't look like it going to happen today....but you never know. The same deal on $CMG....on the turn I'm in and on the drop I'm out...these are only trading stocks for me and I'm still out of $AMZN, for now.
- champ: $ULTA ---- My #TradingPlan on stocks like this and others --- The only thing on this stock, that I expect is, on this #earnings run, the stock will for sure zig-zag higher, it will not be straight up but if it is, that would be a nice #surprise and ...
- champ: $AMZN ....Just watching this trade today...NP...off day but I will be back-in at some point.
- phgruver: @ab3250 $RHT I bought them at 5.40, and sold at 27, and thought I was doing well. Of course, I also owned $AMZN, for awhile at 150. I wish I had had @Dan back then to advise me to "give it room to run."
- champ: $AMZN ----Out 1/2 on the turn and I might swing the other 1/2 again today on the close...?
- DAN: @phgruver $RHT $AMZN -- those were great trades, phgruver. We never know which stocks are just going to keep running. But 5.40 to 27? That's a 4 bagger.
- Cwaniak: @champ $AMZN Hello Champ. How do you trade daily AMZN swings? Buying/selling stock or using options?
- woodman: @champ $AMZN - "I sold half on the high, after it ticked down about $2 ...." ???
- champ: @woodman $AMZN --- Yes, that must be a Fake post... because its real bad grammar. I sold 1/2 at @ $1,136.04....down about $2 from the high.
- woodman: @champ $AMZN - Guccifer 2.0 has infiltrated SMM.
- champ: @Cwaniak $AMZN ---- I sold 1/2... #near the high, after it tick down about $2 because I know, that their are other traders in the stock and I don't know where the low is today and if it holds I will swing the other 1/2 into the open in the morning and if it doesn't I will sell the other 1/2 before the close. Then I will re-enter tomorrow, when the time is right, if not the following day....I posted that I'm day trading this position and I will only swing 1/2 or 1/4th, on the close but only if the stock is acting, like it want to move higher.
- champ: $AMZN ---- Only watching ......for entry but probably will not be today....but you never no.
- Henry: $BTC news that hackers are implanting bitcoin mining software on computers. $MSFT $AMZN and $GOOGL said to be affected
- Henry: $BTC news that hackers are implanting bitcoin mining software on computers. $MSFT $AMZN and $GOOGL said to be affected
- steve71: $AMZN Adding now
- champ: $AMZN $CMG great bounce this morning on both.
- Henry: @champ $AMZN Said it will not use state licenses to sell prescription drugs. The Street presumes that to mean they will not be going into the mail order drug biz. Down on the report
- champ: @Henry $AMZN ---- Did you see my daily trading plan, that I posted on this stock because I'm #Not the only one day trading this stock. Day traders are at work in this stock. The news on drugs was down the road anyway, I don't think that really had m ...
2. $AMZN – faltering here. Long term uptrend is still intact. Zell says that $AMZN needs to be 25% of the US economy in 5 years in order for the value to be justified. No it doesn’t. That’s only if you want to buy the company, ...
- champ: @RedLeaf1 $AMZN ---- The trading plan... is still working very well....back in near the low this morning, on the turn
- champ: $AMZN and $ALGN but I didn't miss these...
- RedLeaf1: @RedLeaf1 $AMZN Thanks for the replies, folks.
- haroldzero: @Dan $AMZN, Good morning Dan, do you think AMZN is at phase 3 now? If so, what will be your opinion on the target price? If not, what price will you set an alert? Will this stock have a Christmas run? Thanks. Harold
- champ: RedLeaf1 --- $AMZN @ $1123..for now but will move around....up around $12 ....the stock will move with the markets, as long as they are green and when it turns red, even by a little, is when I will take down my #Daily Spec day trade. A real simple trade...I'm in on green, until the close and if the markets start to move down and it looks like it could turn red, even by a little a little...I'm out. $DJI... "Green I'm in and Red I'm out", that my rule of thumb, keep it as simple, as possible....with minor exceptions.
- Mpower27: @RedLeaf1 $AMZN I have noticed when on the mobile that forum posts get to a point on the scroll down that they will disappear until enough new posts are made. It seems to be when I scroll down and get the button to click to load up more forum posts.
- Vehid: @RedLeaf1 $AMZN it is still there: $AMZN What a pop, over $1100. 01:09 PM 11/03
- RedLeaf1: $AMZN What a pop, over $1100.
- grcjr: @RedLeaf1 $AMZN - some news Frontier Communications said it is integrating its FiOS Quantum TV with Echo devices. Reuters: Amazon plans to open new office in Vancouver .... CANADA
- RedLeaf1: @champ $AMZN Thanks for the plan! The two jags down this morning discouraged me from going long with calls and I missed the whole run-up. I will try your plan for sure.
- grcjr: @RedLeaf1 $AMZN - they say they will hire 1000 people for the new office. Believe this is not THE new office.
- champ: @RedLeaf1 $AMZN $CMG $GOOGL---- I posted the same plan last year, it should work all the way into the next earnings report.. on 2/1....because all will be looking for a earnings run but the run could be starting RHRN....because of the retail sells, g ...
- RedLeaf1: @champ $AMZN $CMG $GOOGL Are you trading stock or calls? What time of day do you usually make the decision whether to go long on the day? Thanks for your ideas.
- champ: @RedLeaf1 $AMZN $CMG $GOOGL --- Stock ...I send you a follow-up post with more info....on time
- champ: $AMZN....Out for now....no real reason....not going to hold spec trades over the weekend
- RedLeaf1: @champ $AMZN $CMG $GOOGL Okay, thanks.
- RedLeaf1: @@champ $AMZN I checked the Forum tonight and it looks like our discussion from this afternoon about $AMZN popping over $1,100 is no longer there. Not sure what happened.
- champ: @RedLeaf1 $AMZN ---- Don't really know, I never had a post earlier today about a bounce over $1,100. However, maybe it was someone else in the forum..? If it was from you...maybe you could have hit the Cancel button, instead of the Post button...??....that happens sometimes.
- Cwaniak: $AMZN $GOOG Few days good after earnings reports. Any apetite for options positions? I think about selling both sides put and calls spreads.
- jr3345: @Cwaniak $AMZN $GOOG my thinking is to BTO Jan18 960s & sell weeklies against. Expect AMZN to keep running.
- grcjr: $INTC $AVGO $AMZN $MCHP $AAPL $NRZ $NVDA all with 52+ week new highs.
- champ: $AMZN @ $1,119 HOD and a new ATH....breaking out ..for now...moving-up again this morning up around $24... from the low and the open....new position on the open and I have trailing bracketed safety stops.
- champ: $AMZN ....traders are at work and the zig-zags are pushing out $$$$...
- bigbartabs: $AMZN $BABA $XRT... looks like Amazon and Alibaba traders are taking full advantage of the XRT societal disaster.
- champ: $AMZN @ $1,104 --- Back-in this morning and the stock has climbed over $50 since the Open...this stock could be around $1,400 by X-Mas...they should be reporting positive sales increases after #ThanksGiving....I will be trading this stock daily, the same as, I did last year, I will post my trading system on this stock after the close..
- champ: $AMZN could be a #Short now....I'm in with a short...@ $1,099...for now
- Cwaniak: @champ $AMZN #Short Where is your stop?
- champ: @Cwaniak $AMZN #Short ...No stop at this time because I'm #babysitting...I might have to come in and out....more than once...I'm not going anywhere.
- Cwaniak: @champ $AMZN #Short #babysitting Understood. Just FYI - Dec AMZN options goes to 1420 price strike
- champ: $AMZN @ $1,103... is moving lock step with the market...back in with a new short at this level.
- champ: $AMZN shorting going into the close...a fast short....had to cover before the close because others will do the same.. strong on the close ...onley make a couple of points
$AMZN - pinned to $1100, sold an Iron Fly on this in the OMM forum that worked out well
$GOOGL - seeing phase 2 of this breakout, watch for phase 3.
$MSFT - getting sold off after this pop, holding the gap for now. A break of $83 you will likely se ...
1. $AMZN -- look at weekly chart. This VS breakout can go much higher. MUCH higher.
2. $MSFT -- Still going. Horrible buy point.
3. $INTC -- breakout. Good for market...but do not chase this type of move...ever.
4. $CSCO -- Flag at $35 resistanc ...
- Bridget: Earnings this afternoon: $GOOGL $AMZN $BIDU $WDC $MSFT $INTC $EXPE $GILD Earnings tomorrow: $MRK $CVX $ABBV $XOM $RCL
- Lou: @Forexpro $CVS - thanks - this in spite Pres singling $CVS out as a responsible provider. Apparently $AMZN is an issue as well.
- Forexpro: @Lou $CVS $AMZN Thanks, Lou, Yeah, was just going to post this as an addendum (from Theflyonthewall.com): 15:01 EDT A review of public records reveals that Amazon (AMZN) has been granted approval to become a wholesale distributor from a number of state pharmaceutical boards, according to a report from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Shares of CVS Health (CVS) and Walgreens (WBA) are near their lows following this report and President Trump's afternoon press conference to discuss steps he wants taken to combat the opioid epidemic in the U.S. All the best!
- traderbren: @TRICIA $CVS $WBA $RAD $MDCO $ABC $ESRX $CAH - yep, the power of the 800 lbs gorilla - $AMZN
- grcjr: $NVDA up in after market. I suspect that their hardware contribution to $AMZN and $MSFT (and other) clouds could be part of this. Just speculating ... no news.
- rck89: $GOOGL $AMZN @DAN @Dr. Science, OMM, SMM members Got lucky with the couple of trades in the above names: STO $AMZN Nov 3, 985/960 BuPS @$10.78cr. BTO $GOOGL Nov 10, 1050 calls @$10.107db. So what are the best strategies rhrn for these positions, assuming the "pop" in the stocks continue into the a.m. I think I'll probably let the $AMZN spread expire worthless (or BTC at .20db, to be safe). But should I roll the my $GOOGL options out several months or just close them? I think that my $GOOGL long calls offer some interesting "possibilities". Your thoughts would be welcomed...thanks.
3. $NDX – will be up a lot tomorrow b/c of $AMZN, $GOOGL and $MSFT.
4. $KRE – Alert at $57.75 – could this mean the next leg higher?
5. $RF – Solid breakout from volatility squeeze.
6. $KEY – Consider buying at $19 brea ...
- billybob_jethro: @rck89 $GOOGL $AMZN Let the put spread expire or take off for a few cents. I would sell the calls at the open. GOOG has a history of pop and drops. No one ever got hurt taking a profit
- tkcoretrader: $WBA #Possible takeover by $AMZN ?
- Bridget: @tkcoretrader $WBA $AMZN #Possible Does AMZN have the capital for that right after buying WFM?
- champ: $AMZN....new Spec position on the open...could get a little Spec reversal activity.
- champ: $AMZN @ $979.85 HOD...ER is on 10/26/after. Could climb back to $1000, in the next few days...?
- Amykris: @champ $AMZN The only issue with earnings is they r in an "investment" mode. Typically that underwhelms the street & there is a sell-off
- champ: @Amykris $AMZN --- I agree and I took profits on the turn....I only trade this stock off lows.
- traderbren: $AMZN -- looks like the gap magnet is pulling it down to $967.79 from 10/4.
- champ: $ULTA ...working M&A news....by $WMT and $AMZN...
- champ: $SYNA @ $38 ---- NewsFlow is Positive, on this company and its now working with $AMZN, on their Smart Home Products. This company is bouncing off the YTD low of $36.36, YTDH is $64.54....2016 hi is around $85 and the 2015 hi is $102....the bottom lin ...
- DAN: $MELI -- down on news that $AMZN will be expanding into Brazil. This is under institutional distribution. Has been for a while. Not a buy here. Going lower.
- Cwaniak: $AMZN $GOOG A while ago I sold AMZN Oct 20 1030 calls and GOOG Oct 20 1020 calls and I am regretting that decision now. Do you have any advice for me? It is one week to expire. Should I hold or bail out? Any thoughts are appreciated
- NVillage: @Cwaniak $AMZN $GOOG , $GOOGL I am/was in a similar position with respect to $AMZN and $GOOGL. I have a October $AMZN $1020/$1030 Bear call spread which is currently in the red and like you I am white knuckling the position with only a week to go. I also had a October $1020/$1040 Bear call spread which I initiated in late July. I closed the trade out yesterday for a net debit of $3.30 for a small profit. In my notes I lamented that on 10/6 I could have closed it out for $0.93 when $GOOGL was trading at ~$993 and even earlier I could have gotten out for $0.65. At each of those times I noted that the trade appeared to be safe; the $1020 strike price was located well above the 3rd Bollinger Band. Small comfort now.
- Cwaniak: @NVillage $AMZN $GOOG $GOOGL Yes. I agree, our positions are not comfortable now. If we decide to keep them until expiration, and our positions will be ITM - we need to role them up for Oct 27 week, but during that week AMZN and GOOG will announce earnings ... so risk increases.
$AMZN – a bit of a “broadening formation”…feels “toppy” to me. Totally subjective.
$GOOGL – weekly chart shows where this is – top of a wide channel.
$TWTR – filling gap? Rumor that POTUS has in ...
- traderbren: $AMZN - getting closer to popping above $1,000 - long Calls
6. $AMZN – still flirting with breakout above $1000. Obviously needs more work here.
7. $DXC – from 9/22 stock watch. Should be selling this now and leaving the stock alone.
Growth stocks to hold:
8. $VEEV – Can add this to a lon ...
2. $AMZN – failed at 1,000. Like FB – at the top of a sideways ranging channel.
3. $AAPL – not seeing any reason to own this. Battery issues, connectivity issues, originality issues, delivery issues. And major chart issues.
4. $ ...
- woodman: $AMZN looks good here.
- Iceman: $CVS $WBA - another $AMZN inspired move? The article below is a week old. http://www.investopedia.com/news/amazon-will-next-take-retail-pharmacy-bernstein/
- Bridget: I have to take off a bit early today. Here are my notes: #Notes: Market Indexes are flat but many stocks are moving higher $XLF $GDX - both mostly flat today $OIH - pullback in gas today but lack of volume $XBI - still in a squeeze $XLY - continuing to breakout IBD50 at new highs $FIVE $HTHT $PAYC $ANET $TEAM $RHT $ALGN $V $PRAH $VMW $PYPL $AMZN - coming close to $1000 $TSLA - made a move higher today $FEYE - new highs $BMY - new high today in this rally $NFLX - almost hit $200 today, day 3, ER on 10/16 $GM - another new high $HLF - big breakout $BXP - breakout $TGT - breaking down from this squeeze
- issues: @Bridget $XLF $GDX $OIH $XBI $XLY $FIVE $HTHT $PAYC $ANET $TEAM $RHT $ALGN $V $PRAH $VMW $PYPL $AMZN $TSLA $FEYE $BMY $NFLX $GM $HLF $BXP $TGT #Notes Thanks Brid. Cramer once said the best place to buy is when a stock hits a new high then pulls back 5 to 8 %. Here's the list of new highs. Any 5% or 65 PULL BACK should be bought. Right on?
- gwenzee: $AMZN Local TV station (Palm Desert) just had a story on 3rd party seller problem. Items delivered to an address not yours and someone signs for item. Amazon records that your merchandise was delivered. Some are not being reimbursed by Amazon.
- champ: @infocus $YRCW --- Most all the truckers are down today but not all.... because $AMZN is testing it own delivery service and that News is taking $UPS and $FDX down today and trucker are dropping but for no real reason....most are not in that type of small freight service and should turn back up but the problem is....we don't know when thats going too happen....however, they are now #Trying slowly to turn but will they recover.....and yes, they will....I'm guessing.
- haroldzero: @Dan $GOOGL $AMZN Hi Dan, with todays action, Amzn above 50ma and Googl in a cup and handle, will you start a position at these level?
- DAN: @haroldzero $GOOGL $AMZN I would start one on Google for sure. Amazon would be ok here too, though it has, so far, still printed lower lows and lower high. But GOOGL certainly works.
- Artie10: $amzn comeback? Popeed up above 50ma
- haroldzero: @DAN $GOOGL $AMZN Thx Dan
- infocus: @champ $YRCW $AMZN $UPS $FDX #Trying Thanks for the info. Either my stop was too tight (not really), or maybe my position was too big. I don't care for the way this trades, so I'm looking for more suitable names. Plenty of choices.
- DAN: @haroldzero $GOOGL $AMZN 8-) My pleasure.
- debeers: $AAPL/$AMZN- The EU says both owe billions in unpaid taxes. Not good news for mr. Market when 2 of 4 generals get hit. again. $MON/$PEP- Monsanto tops in earnings, Pepsi drops on earnings. Oil down a skosh- You want to see stability here at 50 for market to maintain.
- bsafriet: $FB $AMZN $AAPL $NFLX $GOOGL All the FAANG stocks sold off today, But somehow the $QQQ managed a small gain. Emphasizes that the action is in the small caps.
- Forexpro: Re: $AMZN Hi, Friends, Gadgets aren't as vital to $AMZN's well-being as they are to, say, $AAPL, but they're still important. Amazon is, as I type, showing off its new "holiday line". We'll see how it plays out. Thus far, only seeing a new version of Echo. The schedule shows 90 minutes for the presentation, so running until roughly 3 EDT. All the best!
- SMMReif82: $FB $AMZN, $AAPL, $NFLX $NVDA $GOOG Any comment on FAANNG? All rallied today on lower volume than the last two days except GOOG, which had higher volume.
- Mpower27: @SMMReif82 $FB $AMZN $AAPL $NFLX $NVDA $GOOG off the cuff, these had been selling off for the previous few days. I would of expected a bounce at some point.
- Bridget: $AMZN falling. Now broke through the neckline of the H&S on volume
|Stock Price||$USD 1,484.91|
Amazon.com, Inc., serves consumers through its retail websites and focuses on selection, price, and convenience.Request Video of AMZN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- April 26th, 2018 - 2018 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 7.20 37.87%
- $USD 10.00 12.22%
- $USD 1,484.29 9.99%
- $USD 10.19 -33.34%
- $USD 23.23 -27.95%
- $USD 9.44 -27.52%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 53,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (53,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!