Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL)
Old Forum Content for AAPLMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- traderbren: $AAPL - looks like it needs to close the gap from 5/1 at $169.20.
- Robert1965: $AAPL anyone shorting this only 7 green bars in an hour 1.15 on a 3 min chart
- CHOFF: @Robert1965 $AAPL - my guess is many want to short it but are afraid it will rip their face off if the buyers come back on any improved sales over the holidays. Many $AAPL downgrades are expected on Monday. This is likely already baked in but who knows.
- kt4000: @Robert1965 $AAPL the slightest bit of good news will empty your bank account at these levels.
- champ: @Robert1965 $AAPL --- Might be too late to short...?....shorts could cover going into the close, is my #guess.....and or buy backs could kick-in a little on the close...it is a #Holiday-Friday...for me... I would #not swing any short positions into Monday.. and #Retail might bounce on Monday....know telling what Oil is going to do.... but it is oversold.
- Robert1965: @champ $AAPL #guess #Holiday-Friday #not #Retail $AAPL had short for 173.57, didn't get there and canceled it when it started to drop below 173.00, didn't want to hold it over the weekend
- champ: @Robert1965 $AAPL #guess #Holiday-Friday #not #Retail --- Yes, I agree....why hold over the weekend....Market-Direction is up in the air, could go either way on Mondays open. The markets are now down around 2,000 point, since the Elections and is not looking positive at all...and is now sitting around Resistance, the 10/29 low....could turn on Monday, flip a coin, it is anyone's guess but the markets looks to be at around the oversold level....Monday will be a very important Day for the Markets, it will be testing the 10/29 low...however, it sure looks like it could bounce...really do need the dip buyers to step-in, they are all readying and waiting, for entry.
- champ: @Robert1965 $AAPL #guess #Holiday-Friday #not #Retail--- Traders were buying $APPL today and one added on the close at Briefing-Trader today...but that doesn't mean anything at all...other than pointing out.... that a few #professional-traders have Started to buy the dip....but they could be a little early....but one is saying...the May bullish gap zone is between 173/169...just point out what happen with these guys today.
- Robert1965: $AAPL no rebound for the big red , just red for last several days
- geothrills: STO $AAPL Weekly $170/$167.50 BuPS for $0.25 credit
- dpugh: @geothrills $AAPL No reason to stick your head out first more than likely will get lopped off.... be the 10th or 15th person to go
- Brian_M: $AAPL trading back to the opening low. Not a good sign if it fails to hold.
$AAPL – now down 25%. Consider the tax implications vs. profit give back.
$ADBE – oversold bounce. Shorting opp if it tests $230/240
$NFLX – hope for more gains. These can be gentle shorts if they set up.
$NVDA – remember. ...
The good news (for now) is that the stock is above the recent low of $9.05, and volatility is contracting, returning to more normal levels. The bad news is the three largest holdings in the fund (as of SEP 30th) are $MSFT $AAPL and $AMZN, and with ...
$AAPL – Lower low. This AAPL is falling from the tree. Lots of flashing yellow lights.
$NFLX – House of Cards pattern.
$GOOGL – bears winning.
$SQ – are you still long?
$ZUO – watching for breakout...but got break dow ...
- traderbren: $AAPL - back above the 200d which could bode well for the market ...for a trade.
- CHOFF: $AAPL - I posted the below on Tuesday and it seems to be following the same historical pattern for now. That said, if $AAPL cannot retake the 200ma (now overhead resistance) and close above it soon, support doesn't appear until about $180 as I see it. Rally on, but setting stops in case it fails. $AAPL 03:37 PM 11/13/2018$AAPL is now below the 200ma (193.43) at 192.24. Historically it has fallen about $4-5 below the 200ma before rallying as seen around the dates of Feb 8 and April 26. Will history repeat itself or set a new precedent?
- debeers: $AAPL-bought some as it did what i wanted it to do and added some more services.
- CHOFF: @debeers $AAPL - we need a big fish to stick their neck out and buy some to restore confidence. Something has to change the psyche for buyers to be brave enough to return. Fundamentals are strong.
- debeers: $AAPL-Their watch is now part of the United health program to encourage folks to walk 12,000 steps a day. AARP chose UNH again for their healthcare program. it is part of their wearable device program. When you feed your steps back to UNH, that enables you to earn rewards from them to pay off the watch. Incentive for fitness----New wrinkle. I like it.
- shoredriver: ...$AAPL....David schlepper Tepper (Appaloosa)...out of $AAPL.....
- GOOSE: @shoredriver $AAPL ;>)
- Robert1965: @debeers $AAPL got small amount at 188.
- CHOFF: @shoredriver $AAPL - he sold at the end of Q3 but I thought he just added a new $AAPL position recently. I'm confused.
- shoredriver: @CHOFF $AAPL As I understand it he held 100,000 and dumped all that post Q3 and is flat $AAPL....
- CHOFF: @shoredriver $AAPL - quick trade for a hedgie
- shoredriver: @CHOFF $AAPL 100,000 shares is a drop in the bucket to a hedgie.......
- issues: Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway's $BRKB latest 13-F filing, showed a bigger stake in Apple $AAPL and purchased the following: $BAC $GS $DAL $TRV $JPM $STNE $GM (really Warren?? GM?) $USB ORCL. He sold $PSX $WFC $CHTR $AAL $LUV $WMT $SNY Apple Is Now 26% Of The Portfolio https://www.investors.com/news/warren-buffett-stocks-berkshire-hathway-q3-13f/
- issues: @shoredriver $AAPL Warren must have bought his shares. See above post.
- gwenzee: $AAPL is teaming up with movie studio A 24 to produce full length movies.
$AAPL -- $185 trading support.
$AMZN – higher low
$NFLX – higher low.
$OLLI – not even close to being tempted to buy this stock. It’s off my watch list.
$SCVL – flush before earnings. Watch tomorrow. Big gaps shouldn& ...
- debeers: $AAPL-Guggenheim cuts estimates. Guggenheim is not exactly a force in the analyst community.
- jeffslm: @debeers $AAPL - UBS cuts Apple target on competitive pressure
- debeers: @jeffslm $AAPL -That's waaay different. Thanks for telling me. NP in the stock.
- debeers: $AAPL-Apologies to Cihra from Guggenheim---I made a mistake and i was too quick to dismiss him. To use a football analogy, upon further review, I was wrong wrong wrong. Cihra is actually the top rated analyst out of 43 who rate $AAPL stock. I am so sorry. NP He issued a downgrade. I would be very interested if they settled around 187 AND had their technology incorporated into cars. At that point,. i think it would be a screaming buy and i would make it a major position in my portfolio.
- sgiseller: @debeers $AAPL Downgrade always seem to come lone after they crap, makes it hard to pay attention to the "smart guys"
- debeers: @sgiseller $AAPL - Like the seatbelt fixes that the auto manufacturers issued when enough people smashed their heads on their steering wheels. You are so right.
- DAN: @debeers $AAPL AAPL is down 20% from its highs. I wouldn't touch that pig with anybody's money. There is a reason that it's down so much. And it doesn't have anything to do with fundamentals. The stock is under institutional distribution, and has b ...
DAN: The entire expanded "FAANNG" complex is now below their respective 200-day moving averages.
These are all under big and persistent distribution. Generally speaking, if you are holding these stocks, you ...
- PJMR11: $AAPL You can all buy $AAPL now since I have finally sold. Never held this before and it has been a disaster for me. Violated so many of my rules when I bought and held this name. Once again, discipline prevents these things. I know what I know but I still do this. As a client of mine a few years ago said, "I don't know why I pay you so much money to not take your advice." Ditto for me as far as Dan's advice is concerned.
- captron: @PJMR11 $AAPL I have been in your shoes before, know the feeling. I always put stop in when I buy something new and that way I do not have to make a decision to sell or not to sell. Lessons are sometime painful.
- PJMR11: @captron $AAPL The worst part is I have a set of rules that includes putting stops in, which I did. But then emotion caused me to lower them thinking "this can't go down 20%" - Wrong. Just glad I am out, never to hold this one again. Once the market turns, there will be plenty of stocks to buy rather than Apple.
- debeers: $AAPL-DAN- I have no position in AAPL and what i intended to say, and apparently expressed poorly, is that, with sales of phones down, $AAPL needs something else (my suggestion was an automotive interface but it could be any new product) that exci ...
- traderbren: $AAPL - just FYI - Dialog Semiconductor said on Wednesday it was not seeing a hit to demand from its main customer, Apple Inc($AAPL), after some suppliers issued profit warnings due to weakness in iPhone sales.
- bigbartabs: @DAN $AAPL ... I remember you talking about all this 10 years ago... price trumps all else... fundamentals, outlooks, earnings, whatever... and I'm glad to see you bringing it up again for our newer traders. Its very important...
$AAPL – Above average volume over the last 3 days. All selling. OF last 9 days, 7 were down, and 5 of those 7 were on heavier than average volume.
$NFLX – H&S? Looking like a throwback to neckline did not work on failed attempt to ...
- debeers: $AAPL- The importance to the averages cannot be overstated: Apple is 20% of the S&P Technology sector, which is 26% of the S&P 500, and that means the stock carries a lot of weight: 5.2% of the S&P 500 5.3% of the Dow Jones Industrial Average 12.5% of the NASDAQ Composite I have no skin in the game. If there was an optimistic view to come out of all the data yesterday it was that the iphones were the best selling electronic device on Singles Day on Alibaba. However, Chinese demand is still slower than it was. The conundrum for me is that if the sales are slowing and the services are to be the new focus and if the services access through the phones...................maybe there is still too much optimism in the stock. No crystal balls on stocks i don't own. Only on stocks i do.
DAN: Good morning. I'll make this brief because I'm prepping for a training session for 59-Minute Trader students at the open.
Look for a rebound this morning after Home Depot ($HD) reported stronger than expected earnings and raised its guidance. The ...
- ander509: $AAPL #Gap: There is ~$5 gap on AAPL that closes at 92.14 ( from Aug 2018 just below the 200dMA). Maybe bounce? if not watch out below
- traderbren: @ander509 $AAPL #Gap - yep, gap to close from 7/31 at $192.14 We will likely go below that before it finds any support, and then consolidate (sideways for some time).
- debeers: @DAN $HD $AAPL @DAN-or we could focus on $AAP and stocks that work. I think that after a minor pop, HD will revert. It shouldn't but it will.
- CHOFF: $AAPL is now below the 200ma (193.43) at 192.24. Historically it has fallen about $4-5 below the 200ma before rallying as seen around the dates of Feb 8 and April 26. Will history repeat itself or set a new precedent?
$AAPL – at low end of daily range. Watch tomorrow. This should be selling into strength.
$ADNT – good OS rebound. Note the 2-day setup.
$CVCO – 2-day setup
$ROKU – note the difference. The steeper and longer th ...
- champ: @grcjr $WMT ----- Know reason to ....watch $AAPL for market direction, we will see if the markets can hold this level.
- CHOFF: @Brian_M $NVDA - odds are it will disappoint like $AAPL, $AMD, $TXN, etc. $INTC was the only suprise in the space so far. Holding the low of $176.01 will be critical for $NVDA. $150 may provide support...we'll see. It's already shed 1/3 of its value within a month. The 3yr weekly and 10yr monthly charts are ugly. I'm not expecting a "rip your face off" rally after earnings, but who knows. A close back above $200 would be a big deal.
COTD: $LITE – guided lower. This hurts $AAPL too. Provides 3d sensing lasers for facial ID. In all premium models. So it is a leading indicator for Apple. Cutting 40% to revenues going into Apple. A 21 million unit shortfall. They already ...
- PJMR11: $AAPL Putting a dent in my results today. Never held before. Entry not great a few days ago. One of those where a bad entry becomes a long term hold.
- kt4000: adding even more $ALGN, $AAPL, $DUK
- grcjr: @baronp0329 $bigbartabs $AMZN $SQ $PFE $HAL $NBL And $AAPL $IBM. Even short time with $ADBE, $AMD, $ETSY, $MCD, and $SBUX. Still hold some of them despite my loose policy that big moves can turn down over night. Waiting for the next day can wipe out earnings .... I'd generally give up a gain over night vs a loss. I can always reenter in the morning if it looks profitable. (for SMM members: almost all my "trading" is with options so you might want to join OMM ... take a free trial. It will take time to learn but is worth it).
- baronp0329: @grcjr $AMZN $SQ $PFE $HAL $NBL $AAPL $IBM $ADBE $AMD $ETSY $MCD $SBUX I am a member of OMM since early 2018. I’ve learned a lot from @dan and @Bridget regarding options and risk management. Agree with you in locking most of the profits at the end of the day because I still do not trust the market. I would rather have realized gains today more than potential gains the day after.
- bigbartabs: @grcjr $bigbartabs $AMZN $SQ $PFE $HAL $NBL $AAPL $IBM $ADBE $AMD $ETSY $MCD $SBUX ... I've been through OMM as well. But I was (and still am for the most part) too busy to really spend the time... so I decided to just use SMM. I'm terrible for having too many irons in the fire.
- debeers: $AAPL-Asian suppliers to Apple fall after the i-phone XR production boost cancelled. You know I am a fundie girl but I think that if the stock fails at 197 there's a problem. If not, not.
- CraigReynolds: @debeers $AAPL Seems all talking I hear on business channels saying they are pulling a TSLA. Not good.
- debeers: $AAPL-The co hope is that the Macbook Air will rescue the co. I think Tim should stay in India for the next 6 months and that he can make the most impact there.
- kt4000: @debeers $AAPL I just bought one - MacAir
- geothrills: $AAPL Below $200 and approaching its 200 day. I have some longer term "buy zone" trendlines that go back to 2016 on this one, and we're right in the middle of them now. Not taking a bite until I see a clear indication of buyers. Apparently, the initial take on iPhone XR sales aren't what people were expecting.
- debeers: $AAPL-Question for the Appleonians...I get keeping it if its a long term hold. I would feel safer if they clarified their services which are their way out of the morass and, oh by the way, if they can do a close above 213. But hey, that's just me.
- CHOFF: $AAPL not seeing support until it hits the 200ma around $193...and it's pulling down the $QQQ in route. Thought it might hold a bit around $200 to no avail. It could always surprise but if funds start to sell, it could drop quickly. Some green in dividend-paying stocks, energy, and inverse ETFs.
- Junior1: @CHOFF $AAPL $QQQ Could use a tweet right about now.
- CHOFF: @Junior1 $AAPL $QQQ - from Buffet that he's buying more would be nice.
- Brian_M: $AAPL seeing some buyers and is off the low over the VWAP.
- geothrills: @Brian_M $AAPL Wouldn't fixate on it. Might be ok up to $209-$210 (would want to see it above $205 first, which is a pretty small profit target). If you take it, keep a stop below $198. Pretty quick selloff by AAPL standards, ripe for a bounce off its 200 day, but I'm not buying today.
- champ: @geothrills $AAPL ...but $AAPL's buy backs... could be starting to kick-in, don't know but also watching.
- geothrills: @champ $AAPL Yes, well I don't think $AAPL is going to give up its 200 day without a fight. But I also see the market as ripe for sideways to down action in general. I just put on a $197.50/$195 BuPS for $0.75 net credit. Small size for now, as I think we could see another test of $200 this week pretty easily, which I would use to add, so long as we see buyers coming in above $198.
- Brian_M: @geothrills $AAPL Opened a very small call position that I am speculating with at the Dec $205 strike. This is pretty much a day trade maybe a few days at most. Will close it out if we go through the low today.
- champ: $DJI...this is a nice move going on, without $AAPL $AMZN and many others....
- audrina0904: @champ $DJI $AAPL $AMZN - I dont believe the move...I think it sees a real hard time.
- champ: @audrina0904 $DJI $AAPL $AMZN ---- I agree, can't really be #sure about any move...until after the elections....then Market-Direction might become clear, one way or the other. You know for me, I have been posting, it is one day at a time. There is know real reason, to really commit, with size, in any position for now...but even with small positions, you can still have nice profits or traders....could just make a few day trade, also with nice profits, either way. However, there is know real reason to really do much of anything, until after the election, IMO.
$AAPL – pulling a Musk and investors aren’t happy. Hard to see it NOT testing the 200-day MA.
$EYE – setting up ok. Keep watching this. Alert $46.
$OHI -- breakout. 8.1% yield.
$WMT – running into earnings in 10 days.
- champ: @mopick $GOOS $DLTH #Good-Luck ---- You said.... you need to check and see what a good entry might be....the answer is....it is all about #market-timing, that is a #must, you must have #market-timing, on all entries. Most all stocks, will work with ...
- CraigReynolds: @champ $GOOS $DLTH $DJI $Day $AAPL #Good-Luck #market-timing #must #key #positive-reasons #Core-and-a-Trading-position #reason-or-reasons #Sector-timing-and-Market-timing I don't have TV, just internet, listen to CNBC from Ameritrade platform. What news services do you find, giving up to date news on stocks/sectors? I look at the stocks news on Ameritrade but most is not current happenings, old news. Been looking for news with $DLTH and $GOOS because of cold season and Christmas.
- champ: @CraigReynolds $GOOS $DLTH $DJI $Day $AAPL #Good-Luck #market-timing --- I subscribe to briefing.com...Briefing Trader for all the market news on stocks and entries....but on FoxBusiness News, for market timing, it really helps, for me...for profits...because they cover the Presidents, live question and answers, in real time, from the News media, up-till now...the other TV networks don't, maybe it is because of the elections, is the reason, don't know. This is positive for the markets because you can see it live, without any spin. The others chop-it up and spin the news video but when they cover it #live they can't spin...that is why they don't cover it live....it should be on the internet, is my guess.
- champ: $CRZ @ $8.85...#Caesars.... I'm swinging a full spec position into earnings and they beat on earnings but this has other #news-about-Golden-Nugget's businesses ...could have a nice move off of the closing low, in the morning...be aware...and I'm also ...
- CraigReynolds: $AAPL starting to move up tick by tick. Will it continue, anyone's guess. Now $210.70 from low $205.16
- bigbartabs: @debeers $AAPL $GOOS $BOOT ... no more unit reports... I think this is smart for apple to do. Their ecosystem and services is their future now. Units worked great since 2007's early days... but that party for Apple only works until you have a YOY declining rate. Which is inevitable. Maybe when Martians get the bug for cell phones... they can go back to units.
- debeers: @bigbartabs $AAPL $GOOS $BOOT ---@bigbartabs-The analysts have to figure out how to value it. The buy backs can only go so far until they do.
- champ: @bigbartabs $DJI #up #Market-Direction --- Just waiting to see how the markets open, after $AAPL and $BABA...for sector direction.
- Henry: $AAPL there's your 59 min trade
- gmj: @Henry $AAPL in at 209.38 wkng
- geothrills: @Henry $AAPL Indeed, took one round of profits just to feel good, in Jan $200's @ $16.20, out at $19. Rest is riding with a stop just below VWAP. Also closed my Nov $70 $UVXY puts that I purchased in two lots last Friday ($11.26) and Monday ($9), for a tidy 60% average gain. Will likely go into the weekend all cash.
- grcjr: @Henry $AAPL Yup. Started mine just after the open.
- bsafriet: $AAPL BTO $AAPL Nov-02 210 calls at 2.21 at the open, day trade
- kt4000: Bought $AAPL in AH last night - going to hold it - Sold $ALGN in pre-Market - bought that in the depths of despair - bought $C a few days ago still holding in the face of a dividend (ex-div today). Added to $TTPH, Bought $CSCO yesterday. Will try to step out of all of these positions except $AAPL and $TTPH by days end...... nice couple of days
- bsafriet: $AAPL. PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE CLOSED MY POSITION when it broke 213 downward.
- geothrills: $AAPL - Out on break of VWAP.
- grcjr: @grcjr $AAPL Looks like it might be a gap and crap.
- shoredriver: $AAPL....pfffffft......
- bsafriet: $AAPL. BACK ABOVE 210, still long calls
- phgruver: @bsafriet $AAPL ...looks more like a short to me, but then I don't trade $AAPL.
- PJMR11: @bsafriet $AAPL Waiting for a green 5 minute candle
|Stock Price||$USD 172.97|
Apple Inc designs, manufactures, & markets mobile communication & media devices, personal computers, & portable digital music players, & sells a variety of related software, services, accessories, networking solutions, & third-party digital content.Request Video of AAPL
Already a member? Sign in here.
- Apple Inc: Out of consolidation to the downsideBy Bridget July 8th, 2015
- Apple testing support at the 21 day moving averageBy Josh December 18th, 2013
- A look at Apple Inc. in the Post-Icahn Tweet Period (NASDAQ:AAPL)By Dan August 14th, 2013
- Apple Inc.: The 200-Day Moving Average CeilingBy Dan August 6th, 2013
- Apple Inc implied volatility dissipating as shares trickle higher (NASDAQ:AAPL)By Josh August 2nd, 2013
- Apple finding support right above prior lowBy Josh June 28th, 2013
- Apple firming up at the 50 day moving average.By Josh June 7th, 2013
- April 30th, 2019 - 2019 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 10.64 40.88%
- $USD 155.74 33.97%
- $USD 13.11 33.16%
- $USD 17.57 -24.73%
- $USD 47.64 -1.64%
- $USD 142.92 -1.05%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 60,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (60,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!