Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL)
Old Forum Content for AAPLMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- gwenzee: $AAPL Reports next week on the 30th. Behaving very well and is only 13% from its ATH. If you "can't buy it here" pray tell where can you buy it??? LTH from 2009....you do the math.
- phgruver: @bRobert $NFLX An easy way to buy FAANG stocks is to buy the $QQQ. 10.14% is $AAPL, 9.9% is $AMZN, 8.77% is $GOOG and $GOOGL, and 4.54% is $FB. I'm sure $NFLX is in there somewhere as well, but not in the top 10. Anyway, that's nearly 35% of the holdings of $QQQ. Not nearly the tech stock bell weather the $XLK is.....
- bRobert: @phgruver $NFLX $QQQ $AAPL $AMZN $GOOG $GOOGL $FB $XLK I understand and appreciate the simplicity of that approach. I could make the argument that I should have just bought more $SOXL . Up 150% .
3. $AAPL – strong momentum. Would be looking for higher prices from here in this momentum trade.
4. $NFLX – breakout on volume. Wasn’t very tight…but market is going higher. So is NFLX.
5. $NVDA – still lagging and b ...
- champ: $AAPL, spend $30 million $$$'s for cloud services monthly, is one of its customers.
- bRobert: $GOOGL . $1280 . W . target next. then $1500 . Long calls in this and rest of FAANG. Catch up trade for under performers. and those seeking high growth and even some value $FB . $AAPL $GOOGL . Partial profits/hedges into earnings. Good profits.
- bRobert: FAANG Bullish action in the complex. considering the moves $GOOGL oozing out Not at a good buy point Flags $FB $AMZN $AAPL . $NFLX still in consolidation (spec position) Long runway up/down I will add/short with confirmation OVERWEIGHT all except $NFLX spec High longer term targets Stops in place
- grcjr: @debeers $QCOM - $QCOM is known for selling chips, modem chips, for smart phones and other uses. For example, chips that make it possible for cellular communication such as CDMA, 3G, 4G, and 5G. Not CPUs. Not graphics processors. $AAPL makes their own ARM CPU for the iPhone and iPad. $AAPL started developing their own graphics chips over two years ago and has been using an $AAPL GPU at least since the iPhone X. Before that $AAPL has used more than one supplier of graphics chips for the iPhone and iPad. At one point $AAPL used Imagination Technologies Group for the graphics processors. For cars, $QCOM may supply modem chips but $NVDA and/or $AMD graphics chips are more likely. CPUs could be $AMD, $INTC, or a custom ARM chip. The $AAPL ARM cpu might be a real winner for auto CPUs and GPUs.
- grcjr: $INTC $QCOM $AAPL - yesterday $INTC announced their exit from the 5G for SmartPhone business. You can read the full announcement at https://newsroom.intel.com/news-releases/intel-modem-statement/#gs.637uyn Intel to Exit 5G Smartphone Modem Business, Focus 5G Efforts on Network Infrastructure and Other Data-Centric Opportunities SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 16, 2019 – Intel Corporation today announced its intention to exit the 5G smartphone modem business and complete an assessment of the opportunities for 4G and 5G modems in PCs, internet of things devices and other data-centric devices. Intel will also continue to invest in its 5G network infrastructure business.
- bRobert: $AAPL Very polite chart. Easy to hold $230 WEEKLY target Look for pb/bounces higher lows
- champ: $ROKU @ $58...nice upgrade this morning in the PM, by Needham, and they listed their reasons why.....I like their reasons why...take a look. Also look at the 1-month chart, I also like the turn, off the recent low, with a great upgrade. For me, this is entry timing on the chart and the stock because of news. .......Now I'm guessing, that $NFLX, is going to kick this stock up even more because they will be reporting ER today. The $AAPL and $DIS, news is also positive for this stock...along with Fox and T/Warner. Roku platform will be growing if they sign up a subscriber for $DIS. Check it out......
- mopick: @champ $ROKU $NFLX $AAPL $DIS , $ROKU still below the 50 dma, however. I assume you're now in this?
- champ: @mopick $ROKU $NFLX $AAPL $DIS --- Yes and this stock bounced off the lower band and is above the 100 and 200 day....the next move is the 50-day and it is anybody's guess, when that will happen...need $NFLX, to have a positive report and it will also be important on what they say about business...it is what they are going to do. Earnings is a factor, for NFLX but if they say they will be expanding, that will be positive for $ROKU. .......This is really not about today or tomorrow, it is about the future....however, that being said....this stock could drop or bounce at anytime...all tech stocks are high risk IMO....I don't really like tech stocks. But this is a high risk swing...for me. I work with risk daily...and I hope I'm right...but I could be wrong.
- mopick: @champ $ROKU $NFLX $AAPL $DIS, thanks, Champ. I got rid this once it dropped below $60.00, headed to $55.00. Like to see it reclaim that $60 print.
- champ: @mopick $ROKU $NFLX $AAPL $DIS ---- This is a better entry, than $60....because the higher this stock moves, the more traders there will in the stock...and traders are the problem, because they are the zig-zaggers, anytime you can beat the traders, that's a plus....but it is never, never easy to do. I would like to see more traders, move into this stock tomorrow. I don't like to follow those guys. I always like them to follow investors, it works better that way, for me. ......I understand what you are saying, about the $60, level. I would really like to see that level... because that is entry, for many. Think about that....both traders and investors will move in. I'm waiting for them.....
- bsafriet: $AAPL $QCOM. Breaking news, AAPL and QCOM settle royalty dispute
- bRobert: @bsafriet $AAPL $QCOM I posted that would likely happen. $AAPL could use the $QCOM 5g modems. Long $QCOM $75/$100 targets Added recently
- debeers: @bRobert $QCOM -You wouldn't need to as the settlement is for several years. $AAPL cut its losses by settling .NP
- grcjr: $QCOM now up 16.8%. $AAPL up 0.5%
- debeers: @bsafriet $QCOM -settled with $AAPL-a 2 year feud is settled at last and $AAPL knew that they were using the $QCOM tech. Too big a risk for $AAPL not to come to market with a 5G phone. Good decision on $AAPL's part. $QCOM had been punished enough.
- grcjr: $SWKS another gainer. Up with $QCOM/$AAPL news.
- bRobert: $AAPL $AMZN $GOOGL $FB Long all via calls/BCS Gentle pullbacks. Flags High targets for all. I will add to several with a trigger.
$BLUE . $CMG $FLT $DIN . $DIS $FDX $R $ODFL $URI . $CMI $DG $WWE $LULU $RACE . $SLCA . $COHR . $GUSH . $BABA $FB . $AMZN . $GOOGL $AAPL . $SOXL . $XLNX . $IR $HON . $MMM . $UTX . $COST $THO $WGO $LCII $PANW . $FTNT etc ...
- CraigReynolds: @bRobert $COHR $HD $LOW $LII $IRBT $ILMN $TMO $BCO $LMT $DFEN $MELI $ULTA $LGIH $TSCO $MAN $LEA $ORLY $EDU $STRA $BOOM $BLUE $CMG $FLT $DIN $DIS $FDX $R $ODFL $URI $CMI $DG $WWE $LULU $RACE $SLCA $GUSH $BABA $FB $AMZN $GOOGL $AAPL $SOXL $XLNX $IR $HON $MMM $UTX $COST $THO $WGO $LCII $PANW $FTNT Another great post. Thanks again.
- debeers: @grcjr $DIS -I wonder how ESPN will be treated with the cable providers or $AAPL. Since you slogged thru it, did they say? Thanks.
- grcjr: @debeers $DIS $AAPL - I gave up about half way through. Last I checked the recording has not been posted. I will listen to it all this weekend.
- bRobert: @debeers $QCOM One of my candidates. 5g modems. $AAPL is going to need them . and that will be a catalyst for end to their legal spat. Very high upside .50% - 100% . . from here as this area will be one of its sweet spots .
- bRobert: $GOOGL . Good price action . W with bullish higher right leg. $1285 . measured move target. $60 . typical zig . Top of range. Long calls. $FB . Consolidation above range breakout . $190/ $225 . targets . $AAPL . Doing nothing wrong . Multiple bullish patterns in motion $215/$230 . targets $AMZN . WEEKLY reversal target $2100. . Gentle consolidation after $250 . move. Pattern tightening up a bit. These have been the go to beta names for playing catch up . for those underperforming the market. The charts and price action certainly support being involved in these big cap tech names. The $SPY is just 1% below its all time high. A move just in this group would drag it well above that level. Reversal pattern . $235 head . $280 . neckline . $325 . measured move target. $3250 S&P 12% . upside POTENTIAL . Contributions from financials, energy, housing /construction . etc . would make the lifting that much easier. Black swan events trump charts. Bullish news flow will continue to support the bullish trend and positive price action.
- bRobert: $AAPL flag $225+ Reversal target 1 Will add on bounce
- JBed: $AAPL continues to march. Sold my long calls yesterday for a double - shoulda hung on to one of them. High-level problem.
- bRobert: @JBed $AAPL Buy in scales ,sell in scales.. $210/$225 higher longer term
- champ: $DJ.... down 195 point, not all that much going on...just traders taking some profits off. .....$AAPL ...posted yesterday about a clean move thur $200...would be an add-on entry, for a few. .....$AMZN...for now, this is holding up really nice....and is a wait and see, what the markets does. Know real surprises, about the markets today. The first move mostly over...and investors are on hold...and are mostly just watching and waiting for the swing traders, to finish taking profits.
- CraigReynolds: @champ $DJ $AAPL $AMZZ Gold seems to be getting a bid now. Watching
- champ: @CraigReynolds $DJ $AAPL $AMZZ ---- $NUGT and $JNUG....looking positive...entry was on 4/4...watching ...NP's... for now
- gmj: @JBed $AAPL added to pos this morning
- CraigReynolds: @champ $DJ $AAPL $AMZZ $NUGT $JNUG That is where I bought $NUGT $JNUG === $JUNG has treated me very well. In and out, nice profits looking to add
- Jazman0013: Been a long time since I have spent much time in here. Missed it. Good to be back. Getting back in the saddle has been a great challenge. Long $AAPL, $BAC, $DG, $DIS, $GG, $HES, $MDLZ, $NFLX, $NRZ, $NSC, $SLV, $EARN and $PSEC Mostly holding steady and adjusting present positions.
- traderbren: $AAPL - rapid reversal in $AAPL
- Jazman0013: $AAPL holding $200 handle. 5 consecutive up days though. I got stopped out of my May 205s
- grcjr: @Jazman0013 $AAPL $DIS - $AAPL at $200 per share, $1Trillion valuation, Longest Winning Streak, frothy coverage by CNBC, $DIS and other news. $AAPL needs to rest/settle. I took some profits almost an hour into the trading day. I also added to my $DIS position.
- Jazman0013: @grcjr $AAPL $DIS; thank you. Both are multiyear holds. Getting good at software that I have not used for too long is a slow go. I have found that several things that I just used to do and look at don't work quite the same. Frustrating and worse yet time consuming... Good work grabbing gains!!!
- champ: $SPY $DJI....the markets, don't know what to do. Traders always need some type of positive news. They don't like that the positive China, trade news being pushed back, for another 30-days. They don't know what to hope for now. ......$AAPL, traders are taking profits, the stock just dropped $3 off of HOD...but dancing now. $BA, continues to drop. Both are negative for the markets.
- grcjr: @Jazman0013 $AAPL $DIS - software issues? Your trading software? There are certainly many in the forum that could help if it is your trading software or even various other items. One of the reasons I do not move my trading software to something "much better" is because I know what I have and don't want to spend months learning a different system.
- Jazman0013: @grcjr $AAPL $DIS; I am using Think or Swim but I have not had much chance to use it for better than 1.5 years. Last time I got the chance to use it much was when I recovered from surgery. 'things happened' and I had to sideline for some time. I need to call Ameritrade and schedule another session: obviously... lol
- grcjr: $AAPL working
- bwcarnation1: @grcjr $AAPL bought call this a.m. up 23% too bad didn't buy a bunch
- gwenzee: $AAPL $200 today???
- grcjr: @bwcarnation1 $AAPL - I have a standard sized position in my trading account. Waited to add until mid morning. I was not convinced the morning rotation was hold.
- gwenzee: @bwcarnation1 $AAPL Saw your post. Congrats.
- bwcarnation1: @gwenzee $AAPL doing well I posted below bought calls this a.m. up 26% also seems to do better when market is down...safer maybe
- bRobert: @gwenzee $AAPL $225+ . target . That's a bit more than $200. Not necessarily today.
- Robert1965: @bwcarnation1 $AAPL what did you buy I was looking at 210 may
- traderbren: $AAPL - cleared $200. Nice run from the 200d
- champ: @traderbren $AAPL --- Waiting, for the clear, too add.
- debeers: @bRobert $AAPL -brilliant and a gentleman? What a combo!
- Ajax4Hire: Whoo-hoo. 1st week back was successful. In Short-term account: bought $AAPL for $187.93, 2019-03Mar-25Mon Sold $190 weekly calls for $2.60(1.5% gain) and again for $2.00(1% gain, I should have held out for more this Monday!) Called away today for another $2.00 gain; total of 3.5% in 2 weeks. Also, bought $NFLX for $362.79, 2019-02Feb-19Tue Sold weekly calls until !Finally! today called away for 8.8%($31.96/share) gain over 7 weeks. Beats my 1%/week requirement. Back in cash on Monday; ready to repeat. Monday candidates currently are: $TNDM and $NFLX(again). $TNDM has made me the most money this year as the Options Premium are usually 2-3%/week.
- bRobert: $AAPL $205/$210/$230+ technical targets It is trading in a technically polite fashion. I like and respect good manners. Easier to trade/hodl No drama. Long calls
- Robert1965: @bRobert $AAPL have you added any since your 4/1/2019 posting I added small thinking about adding again
- champ: $AAPL ..@ $192.90...HOD....news is moving this stock. Also need $BA, to work....but NP on either.
- woodman: $AAPL - I liked yesterday's close and added generously this morning to a position I started around $156 and have been adding to along the way back up.
- debeers: $AAPL-and now with no VAT in China, prices can go down as of 4/1 and sales can go up.
- bRobert: @woodman $AAPL $15 zig will take it to $205 $220 longer term It likes $15 zigs. Plays it at the roulette table all the time
- debeers: @woodman $AAPL -Excellent. Even if you don't see a deal, the VAT removal tells you there is good stuff in the works.
- bRobert: FAANG . $AMZN $GOOGL $AAPL $FB All doing well and will help drag SPY . to nh's . (SPY also getting help from other sectors today). If risk on, these will work well. Long all from below. . $NFLX . more spec sized than the others. for now. That may change with a breakout
- bRobert: $AAPL . $210+ . next weekly flag target . Long
- champ: $DJI...it would be nice if the Fang stocks would help the markets...$AAPL and $AMZN...and others.
- champ: @Robert1965 $EOG $AAPL #Oppenheimer ---- I'm back-in $AAPL, this morning, going to see how it plays out. It needs the markets......
- champ: $AAPL, is in play for sure....but it is full of traders now. Entry was around $186.55...LOD...if you are not in under that price you need to just watch...or make a gamblers bet.
- debeers: @Forexpro $AAPL $GS -when i saw that GS was the card issuer i bought the stock which will no doubt offset the slowing phone sales. There will be a lot of use for the card. Holding my breath that they make a meaningful healthcare purchase. All the best Forexpro--always.
- debeers: @Forexpro $AAPL $GS --You're not cheated. The bulk of biz news WILL NOT be in the AAPL version, Forex.
- debeers: @Forexpro $AAPL $GS --you too Forex!
- kt4000: added $LABU, $AAPL, $AUY at the open
- DrScience: $ATVI Inside day and down. Rolling over into ex-div date tomorrow. Could it be $AAPL's Arcade Gaming Subscription service giving investors some heartburn? Though I doubt Apple will compete in the gaming market based on price, I'm guessing revenue estimates at the other subscription sites will come down.
- kt4000: @DrScience $ATVI $AAPL No I made the mistake of buying it last night - Qualcomm got a positive ruling
- champ: $DJI...up 144 points, The markets had a nice close and bounced 90 points, in the last 15 minutes. As always traders, took some profits off of HOD, you have to pay yourself a little daily. It seems like the markets react, to just about everything. Tha ...
- Robert1965: @champ $EOG #Oppenheimer Thanks, $EOG in $AAPL back up in AH where I bought it yesterday, took profits on that small position in the Morning when is dropped below open, are still in $AAPL
- champ: @Robert1965 $EOG $AAPL #Oppenheimer ---- If you are asking me if I'm still in $AAPL ....No ...I posted that I took profits. LOL
- Robert1965: $AAPL is down all the gains in the past 3 days
- debeers: @Forexpro $AAPL $GS -Sacconaghi, the top rated analyst on $AAPL stock just had a running battle on the air with Cramer. Sacconaghi gave a new target for $AAPL stock wasn't for what one would wish if one owned the stock.NP
- Forexpro: @debeers $AAPL $GS Thanks, Lady DeBeers, To be fair - I try - they haven't done the (presumptive) TV thing yet. I actually think that "News +" is a substantial bargain at $9.99/month for a family sub, but I don't see how anyone makes any money. Perhaps $AAPL makes a little, but I happen to know that WSJ charges $135/quarter (with delivery), but if I can get it along with whatever else for $9.99 month, well, sorry, Mr. Murdoch. Hope you're well, and thriving; all the best!
Forexpro: Re: $AAPL
Tim Cook gets the same sort of frequent, sustained and enthusiastic applause that Joe Stalin once received during his Politburo reports. To Mr. Cook's credit, so far as I'm aware the first person to stop applauding isn't arre ...
- gwenzee: @Forexpro $AAPL $GS Loved you comment about GS. Of course it is.
COTD: $AAPL – runup to streaming product already factored everything in. Not when you want to be buying $AAPL. You want to be selling it.
Notes: POTUS not a Russian spy (hard to even write this w/o a big guffaw) is a good thing. But why no ra ...
- Dale: @champ $HD $LOW $FND $BLD $KMI $LGIH $CZR $TSCO $WWE $OSB $CXO $AAPL $TME $WILL $FANG $SND $EMES $URI #ReCapping #AMZN #Forum-members Appreciate all your comments and follow ups.
- Kasey: @champ $HD $LOW $FND $BLD $KMI $LGIH $CZR $TSCO $WWE $OSB $CXO $AAPL $TME $WILL $FANG $SND $EMES $URI #ReCapping #AMZN #Forum-members That's awesome @Champ. I thank you so much for showing us these examples of your risk management this past week. I was lucky to catch a few of your posts. I believe it helped me trade with more cautioun.
- champ: @Forexpro ---- So far YTD, the $XLE, sector is in third place, with the $XLC and $XLI right next to it. The $XLK, sector is in 1st place and I have a $AAPL position and the $XLY sector is in 2nd but stocks in the $XLE, certain names are outperforming and the sector might over take the other 2-sectors real soon. I'm in the sector with names and i'm currently holding 11 positions off of or around their lows, also in the energy sector. Need to be in sectors before they start their turn. I took profits on a few positions already that were up around 60 -90%. The sector could continue this move. The news flow is positive, for now. I'm just sayin..Im working the winners in these sectors. Good Luck!
- bwcarnation1: $AAPL recovering off of intraday low
- champ: @bwcarnation1 $AAPL ----Took profits this morning around HOD and I'm back in on LOD.
......The larger names are dropping the markets....$AAPL $BA $AMZN $GOOGL $CAT and all the others. This could only be a surprise move, off of news out of Europe. Don't really know...but watching..$HD and $LGIH, for direction in the sector.
.....I took full profits on these recent positions...$TSCO $WWE $OSB $CXO $AAPL $TME yesterday and today, 1/2 off on each day. Also 18 others on 3/19....like #AMZN $WILL $FANG $SND $EMES and others along with my bank positions.....Plus all day-trade ...
- jan2138: @champ $HD $LOW $FND $BLD $KMI $LGIH $CZR $TSCO $WWE $OSB $CXO $AAPL $TME $WILL $FANG $SND $EMES $URI #ReCapping #AMZN #Forum-members Do you think the fact that the Meuller report shows no evidence of collusion will have a positive effect on the market?
- champ: $AAPL @ $190 -----$TSCO @ $92....upgrades...I have Day-Trades....
- sierramp: $AAPL BO above D200 Added on this BO and upgrade by Needham from Buy to Strong Buy and PT from $180 to $225
- champ: $AAPL....BreakOut....could keep moving..?
- bwcarnation1: $AAPL can't remember when I saw this up 4%
.......I'm also still holding $TSCO $WWE $AAPL $CZR and my energy positions.
.......Back-in $TME, today after taking profits before earnings.
.......$SPXL $TNA $URI, I'm also out of these Day-trades, took profits. I'm not going to swing any more # ...
- bRobert: @champ $HD $LOW $FND $LGIH $USCR $OSB $OC $TSCO $WWE $AAPL $WEE $CZR $TME $SPXL $TNA $URI #Hope-trades #take-it-easy Overweight $HD from $160s target $220 $LOW $88+ target $130 Added to both on the 50d bounces. #1 and #2 are very good employees with high upside in this environment. $BLD Has worked very well. Small cap punches above its weight. $85 target Up 50% this year offthe double bottom entry. Still 33% upside Not too shabby. Long
- bRobert: @issues Use a daily or weekly chart to help define stops. I see many posts about what's wrong with XYZ or how whippy it is. Today it was NFLX NUGT and a few others. People are clearly using an intraday chart when they would be better serve ...
- shoredriver: @bRobert $AMZN $NFLX $AAPL $GOOGL $FB $MELI $MDB $PYX ....Well said.....
- bRobert: $AAPL . I don't expect a big phase 2. Will add on 3 Long from below. $210+
|Stock Price||$USD 208.84|
Apple Inc designs, manufactures, & markets mobile communication & media devices, personal computers, & portable digital music players, & sells a variety of related software, services, accessories, networking solutions, & third-party digital content.Request Video of AAPL
Already a member? Sign in here.
- Apple Inc: Out of consolidation to the downsideBy Bridget July 8th, 2015
- Apple testing support at the 21 day moving averageBy Josh December 18th, 2013
- A look at Apple Inc. in the Post-Icahn Tweet Period (NASDAQ:AAPL)By Dan August 14th, 2013
- Apple Inc.: The 200-Day Moving Average CeilingBy Dan August 6th, 2013
- Apple Inc implied volatility dissipating as shares trickle higher (NASDAQ:AAPL)By Josh August 2nd, 2013
- Apple finding support right above prior lowBy Josh June 28th, 2013
- Apple firming up at the 50 day moving average.By Josh June 7th, 2013
- July 30th, 2019 - 2019 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 55.31 32.38%
- $USD 10.20 28.77%
- $USD 33.35 22.84%
- $USD 52.09 -10.87%
- $USD 42.85 -7.92%
- $USD 51.04 -7.91%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 63,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (63,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!