Aurora Cannabis Inc. (NYSE:ACB)
Old Forum Content for ACBMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Ajax4Hire: @scottrades $CGC CNBC is reporting: $ACB - Aurora Cannabis shares down after resuming trading. Company confirming that CEO Terry Booth is stepping down. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsilawsWw9c
- alfred1939: @Henry $CGC $acb Canopy Growth is going down IMHO in sympathy with Aurora Cannabis which is down over 14%. Their CEO has step down and cutting 10% of heir workforce. Their also will be a devaluation of their assets.FY20 guidence was not too impressive. Stifel Nicolaus cut their stock price target to $1.00 fro $1.75..
- scottrades: $ACB Halted pending news. I heard chatter about Terry Booth "retiring".
- DavidM: @scottrades $ACB You don't suppose someone knew about that, do you? :-(
- brett_anderson: @scottrades $ACB i thought it was a deal with Coca Cola? :)
- kbrowe: $ACB Aurora Cannabis shares slid about 6% Thursday, after a report that the company is about to announce plans to lay off 10% of its workforce, becoming the latest company in the sector to move to cut costs. Could be why stock is halted.
- Herb: @kbrowe $ACB Where is Nelson Peltz when they need him?
- scottrades: @scottrades $ACB There it is: Aurora CEO Terry Booth is out; to remain as a strategic adviser to the company. Exec Chairman Michael Singer to take over as interim CEO.
- baronp0329: @scottrades $ACB Scott, do you take that as good or bad news?
- scottrades: @baronp0329 $ACB The market will ultimately have the final say, but I think it's a good thing to get someone new in there.
- baronp0329: @scottrades $ACB Thanks Scott. ACB is trading like an Option at 2.00!
- Herb: $IIPR Interesting that it is down when most of the pot stocks are up (even $ACB is over 2), Maybe because they're not a producer?
- bRobert: @Herb $IIPR $ACB Technical resistance Mild at $85 ish 50 WEEK as well Hammer / early Sets up nice little cup 35% short 12days This is flammable if ignited
- Herb: @bRobert $IIPR $ACB Thanks. Long a little from 80.60.
- bRobert: @Herb $IIPR $ACB Don't stare at it too closely It is behaving very well Huge upside Add in scales on pullback/bounces
- sniper: @bRobert $IIPR $ACB thanks
- brett_anderson: $ACB what was once the darling of millennials, and the most traded stock on Robinhood, is now a stock with a 1 buck price target on its veritable head (at least from one analyst). it's interesting how things change. about a year ago, my thought was this might be a company to buy-and-hold for the long run . . . https://seekingalpha.com/news/3530882-piper-sandler-assigns-1-pt-to-aurora-cannabis
- Herb: @brett_anderson $ACB #POTSTOCKS When is Nelson Pelz going to ride in on his white horse?
- scottrades: @brett_anderson $ACB #POTSTOCKS He's leaving to work for the company in Australia that $ACB has a 10% stake in. To be fair, the guy have lived in Edmonton for a bunch of years and now he's going to a place that doesn't have winter, I can't blame him. :)
- zycouna: @scottrades $ACB #POTSTOCKS I don't know if the weather is a good reason to go. Australia is on fire with daily highs of 40C. They would probably welcome a good snowstorm right now.
- brett_anderson: @scottrades $ACB #POTSTOCKS i read that, and as to the weather, i can't argue against that point! that said, it shows even more instability in the company, and it's down another 9% today.
- brett_anderson: $ACB it looks like Cam stepped down, or was asked to. Regardless, #POTSTOCKS are, unfortunately and in my opinion, un-investable right now. NPs in any of them, but $ACB could be interesting on market open.
- Bob G: @brett_anderson $ACB #POTSTOCKS check out the analyst downgrade. they put the stock at $0!
Watch $ACB above 2.70
Please treat these as TRADES Only. We don't know if this is the start of a rally or just a hype move. Some of these are up in the premarket and could just as easily fade in the first 10 minutes. Good luck!
- success: @scottrades $APHA $CGC $CRON $TLRY $HEXO $OGI $NEPT $ACB #PotStocks watching these trades . . all opened higher and then started retreating
- bsafriet: #Cannabis These are my picks out of the group I follow: $CGC, $ACB, $APHA, $CRON, $HEXO, $TLRY, $ACRGF, $CRLBF Need to see follow through tomorrow to confirm this move. Sparked by the new CEO for $CGC coming over from $STZ.
- xjonez727: $ACB over $3 and $APHA trying to clear $5
- brett_anderson: $ACB #POTSTOCKS, i know... i'm in a great day trade on ACB. saw the big volume and got in around 2.45
- baronp0329: @brett_anderson $ACB #POTSTOCKS Nice trade Brett! I'm day trading $CGC and $CRON. In the $CRON Nov22 Calls at 0.20, Current Ask 0.25, 25%. Also in $CGC Nov22 17 Calls at 0.55, current Ask 0.90, up 63%. CGC PT raised today by $BAC to 19 and upgraded to Buy @scottrades, did you get some Pot stocks today?
- brett_anderson: @baronp0329 $ACB $CGC $CRON $BAC #POTSTOCKS thanks! i really liked the big volume and nice candle. i'm now out!
- scottrades: @baronp0329 $ACB $CGC $CRON $BAC I did not! Missed these moves. Can you and @brett_anderson be the Official SMM #POTSTOCKS watchers??
- champ: @baronp0329 $ACB $CGC $CRON $BAC #POTSTOCKS --- Yes, #alerts started going off yesterday, on $CGC, now up around $3.50 off of yesterdays LOD.
- baronp0329: @scottrades $ACB $CGC $CRON $BAC #POTSTOCKS Thanks Scott, but can't commit to being an expert on Pot Stocks. I just trade charts with nice price and volume.
- brett_anderson: @scottrades $ACB $CGC $CRON $BAC #POTSTOCKS i think we'd consider it if we could get a sweet badge to add to our profile pics?
- scottrades: @brett_anderson $ACB $CGC $CRON $BAC #POTSTOCKS Haha, I'll talk to Gary.
- baronp0329: @brett_anderson $ACB $CGC $CRON $BAC #POTSTOCKS Took 1/2 profits on CGC for 64% profit, but still fully in CRON calls. (Edited)
- scottrades: My #Swing Notes for today: $SSO Small Flush and recovery $QLD Resting on the 8EMA Let’s see what tomorrow brings. $GDX Watch above 27.50 $KL Long Calls, want to see how it trades tomorrow, expected a stronger close. $BMI Popping out of a squeeze, great volume on Friday $GLOB Steep Pullback with a sharp recovery. $CATS Watch above 15.80. 23 Days of Short Interest. $CPB This is working $RNR Above the 50 Day, coming out of a squeeze. Stop at 182.89 $CLDR Mentioned by a few people in the forum. Popping out of a tight range. $WDAY Strong close, you’d want a stop below today’s low. Earnings December 3 $CGC Day 2 Of a Bounce. Watch for selling on Day 3 $CRON Still in a downtrend, gimme a base baby. $ACB WOW! Look at that Volume. Don’t let this turn into a loss if you’re trading this.
- Herb: @baronp0329 $CRON $CGC $APHA even $ACB up! Interesting that $IIPR isn't.
- brett_anderson: $ACB $VFF -- still want to love the #POTSTOCKS, but no. did play a nice little day trade on both for about 5% each. </done>
- Sher: @Herb $CRON $CGC $APHA $ACB $IIPR - Out of 23 pots stocks I watch, 19 are showing green, today, for the first time in forever...
- Herb: $ACB wasn't Nelson Peltz supposed to be leading them to the promised land?
- xjonez727: @Herb $ACB yes, I just think everyone over estimated how fast the category could grow and didn't estimate that once it was legal price would drop so fast. Among other things that are out of their control.
- xjonez727: $APHA is a dog @scottrades do you track this one? I know $ACB has earnings tomorrow
- scottrades: @xjonez727 $APHA $ACB Yep, I watch Aphria. The chart isn't giving me any buy signals yet and I don't like to bottom fish so I haven't traded it for a long time.
- DAN: @xjonez727 $APHA $ACB Re/ the pot complex: If you start with the chart...you'll never even see a pot stock. None of them would ever pop up on a scan or watch list. At some point in the future, that will probably change...but until/unless it does, I'll never see a chart of $ACB $CRON $CGC $TLRY or any other stocks in the industry. The only one that I can see that MIGHT wind up working again is $IIPR, which is a REIT with a 4% yield. But that's not on my radar now either,....because the chart shows the stock in a downtrend. Remember the four phases of price movement: Phase 1 -- Accumulation Phase 2 -- Markup Phase 3 -- Distribution Phase 4 -- Markdown. We want to be in Phase 2 stocks. ONLY Phase 2 stocks. Any of the other three phases will, by definition, underperform Phase 2 stocks. Make sense?
- xjonez727: @DAN $APHA $ACB $CRON $CGC $TLRY $IIPR Agreed! I owned $APHA and $ACB prior to joining. Trying to find a good spot to exit and limit losses.
- Ajax4Hire: @DAN $APHA $ACB $CRON $CGC $TLRY $IIPR I don't like to trade in stocks below $10(1) and $CGC, $TLRY are in the "penalty box". $IIPR is below 200day-MA, 50day-MA, but $IIPR seems to have a good business model that is NOT closely tied to consumption. One day, cannabis/marijuana will lose its "hero" status and become a pariah like tobacco/cigarettes. The real money will be made when the tobacco companies buy these upstarts. $BTI, $PM, $MO, Reynolds (not public, was $RAI), $TYO, $LON are valued at $750B(total) $APHA $ACB $CRON $CGC $TLRY $IIPR are valued at $13B(total, that is generous). $PM pays more taxes($2.65B) than most of these companies value. Big Tobacco companies can easily consume any or all of the "Pot" stocks. (1) - sub-$10 stocks good for day trading but that can be exhausting and fraught with peril.
DAN: @xjonez727 $APHA $ACB $CRON $CGC $TLRY $IIPR Here's how I would look at it:
$ACB -- Just $3.51 above ultimate support. So you've got just $3.51 of risk.
$APHA -- That's 33% riskier -- with $4.50 room between current pricing and ultimate support. ...
- DAN: @Ajax4Hire $APHA $ACB $CRON $CGC $TLRY $IIPR $BTI $PM $MO $RAI $TYO $LON Yeah, I agree. Here's the thing about cannabis, tobacco, etc. I understand that cannabis has medicinal use on some level. I don't know anything about it -- I've tried CBD oil ...
- bigbartabs: @DAN $APHA $ACB $CRON $CGC $TLRY $IIPR ... I'm sure glad that the way I was wired put making money ahead of ego. The difference between living large and living on the street.
- DAN: @bigbartabs $APHA $ACB $CRON $CGC $TLRY $IIPR LOL. Living large vs. living on the street. Great way to look at it.
Aurora Cannabis Inc ($ACB) is confirmed to report earnings at approximately 5:00 PM ET on Thursday, November 14, 2019. The consensus estimate is for a loss of $0.03 per share on revenue of $72.82 million and the Earnings Whisper ® number is ($0. ...
- sierramp: @Sher $CRON $CGC $ACB $TLRY Thanks for taking the time to put this all in one spot for us.
- baronp0329: @Sher $CRON $CGC $ACB $TLRY Sher, very good summary of the Pot stocks . Thanks. They're tanking prior to their earnings. NP for now.
- xjonez727: $ACB giving it all back from Friday
- baronp0329: Some implied moves for #earnings next week: $WIX 7.9% $NVDA 7.4% $OSTK 16.3% $TLRY 15.3% $HUYA 10.6% $YY 8.2% $AAP 7.1% $CSCO 5.0% $NTAP 9.5% $WMT 4.2% $SINA 8.7% $JD 6.7% $SAGE 10.4% $CGC 11.6% $GOOS 13.7% $AMAT 5.1% $CBS 5.6% $TWOU 13.6% $ACB 10.4% $CRON 12.0%
- baronp0329: Some earning for the week of Nov 11-15 $NVDA $WMT $CRON $CGC $CSCO $ACB $OSTK $DHI $NEPT $TLRY $JD $FOLD $GOOS $TSN $AAP $SWKS $JCP $AMAT $LK $CBS $SE $NBEV $DXC $HUYA $TME $YY $CGEN $CTEK $QRTEA $HIIQ $DF $WIX $TWOU $BEP $KEM $NOG $NTAP $SAGE $WB $VIAB $ROK $RETA $GO $TDW $ERJ
- scottrades: My #Swing Notes: $SSO Good action today. Had a reason to fall (A Tweet or something) and it closed strong. $QLD Nice close at the top of the range. $GLD Continues Lower $SNBR Stopped out today. $AMAT A little choppy but holding the trend. Watch above 56.50 $COHU A little Flag forming. Watch above 20 $CURO Kind of a cup and Handle. Popped out of a squeeze. Watch above 15 $TILE High Base, but tightening up. $CRUS Alerted this one today. Watch for continuation next week. $CGC Biggest Bull volume we’ve had since May. Let’s see where this goes. Earnings Thursday $CRON Looks like it wants higher, but I don’t think it’ll get there in a straight line. Earnings Tuesday. $ACB Nice volume, and close near the High. Earnings Thursday $TLRY My least favorite stock. Could move higher, but remember the supply overhead. Earnings Tuesday.
- stoictrader: @scottrades $acb - opened a position this am, stop at bottom of channel Cheers
- scottrades: @stoictrader $acb Nice one! Good volume at the open.
- scottrades: My #Swing Notes today: $SSO Inside Day. Consolidating short term. $QLD Sideways in an hourly range, but look at the red. $GDX Still Grinding Around $KL Nice move today, good volume. Still want to see it tighten up. $UCTT Congrats if you’re still holding this. Watch the declining volume. $C Sold into this today. $BAC Hit a 52 Week High, holding up well. $LCI Earnings Tomorrow, it’s either going to work or not. $CORT Earnings coming up, Watch above 15 $APPS Nice bounce today, but hoped for a stronger close. $SNBR Building a base, still on watch. $AUDC Smaller base, no trigger yet. $FLY Creeping closer, watch above 21.50 $CRM Posted about this earlier in the day. Support at 154. $ACB Earnings Next week 10 Days of Short Interest. $VFF Nice volume today, looking for it to continue tomorrow.
$ACB Rejected at the 8 EMA
$OGI Still sleeping.
- lostsheep: @scottrades $ACB $VFF #PotStocks $VFF setting up at the 8ema wish the other moving averages were cooperating
- scottrades: Watch $ACB today. They report earnings after the close.
- coldmeco819: Any trade?@scottrades $ACB
- scottrades: @coldmeco819 $ACB Doesn't look like it. Was thinking we might get a little momo..
- Sher: $FLR - Day trade - Took 78% gains on Sept. $20 calls, early AM, on position bought EOD, yesterday - Doubled position size and reentered trade (Sept. $21 calls) on mid-day PB - Position currently up 20%. $ACB - Went long Dec. $6 calls, yesterday - Adding to today - Stock continues to track the 8-day MA and has now recaptured the 50-day and VWAP price levels. $SNAP -Printing hammer candlestick, for the second day in a row - Adding to Oct. call position in anticipation of reversal of recent sell-off.
- baronp0329: @Sher $FLR $ACB $SNAP In case you're not aware, $ACB reports today after close. NP
- Sher: @baronp0329 $FLR $ACB $SNAP - I was not...and thank you for the heads-up!
- Sher: @baronp0329 $ACB - Since they're Dec. calls, I'm going to chance a hold into earnings - Projections are for a 455% increase in revenues and a 67% increase in earnings, YOY... a huge, record-setting Qtr. for them.
- baronp0329: @Sher $ACB Ok, thought you had short term Calls. Good luck. Wish you the best!
- brett_anderson: $ACB i guess earnings didn't go well
- scottrades: Most #PotStocks down AH after $ACB releases earnings. Will be watching for a possible snapback trade at the open. Was stopped out of $VFF today.
Trading what you are a fan of. $UBER $LYFT $ACB $TLRY $CRON $CGC
$SPX -- Sputtering rally. Fed next week.
$DJI -- same.
$DJT -- nice move today.
$MDY -- money rotating into mid/small caps.
$IWM -- testing 50dma.
$NDX -- reversal today.
$FFTY -- an ...
- Rjeletrik: @scottrades $HEXO $ACB $CGC $CRON $CTST $GWPH $OGI $TLRY $APHA #PotStocks can you please explain you the short interest relates to the stock price ?
- Richlion1: @scottrades $HEXO $ACB $CGC $CRON $CTST $GWPH $OGI $TLRY $APHA #PotStocks Thank you Scott. I have some VFF after listening to you a few nights ago. Will add this week.
- scottrades: Hey Team! We saw some bounces in #PotStocks this week. A lot of it, triggered by short covering. I'm looking for some follow thought next week. Here's some current short interest on the majors: $HEXO: 7.9 Days $ACB: 9.6 Days $CGC: 7.1 Days $CRON: 9.4 Days $CTST: 2.5 Days $GWPH: 9.0 Days $OGI: 2.8 Days $TLRY: 3.6 Days $APHA: 6.1 Days
- scottrades: @brett_anderson $CGC $ACB #POTSTOCKS My friends use www.stockwatch.com.
- brett_anderson: @mopick $CGC $ACB #POTSTOCKS wasn't me. i'm much better looking than that guy! :)
- captron: @brett_anderson $CGC $ACB #POTSTOCKS I use https://finviz.com/ for a quick reference to many things. Don't know how up to date they are but they do show % owned by institutions.
- brett_anderson: is there a good source i could use to research ownership in specific stocks? i have no positions in #POTSTOCKS but am curious to see if institutions have started increasing their ownership / positions in stuff like $CGC or $ACB. how would i go about looking into that?
- Henry: @brett_anderson $CGC $ACB #POTSTOCKS This shows ownership but not if any have increased ownership. https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CGC/holders?p=CGC
- rah: @brett_anderson $CGC $ACB #POTSTOCKS - I just googled the question. https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/cgc/institutional-holdings
- brett_anderson: @rah $CGC $ACB #POTSTOCKS thank you for looking into this. as the date listed is 6/30, presumably the data is provided quarterly. my intent is to see if it's possibly to track institutional trends in certain sectors... maybe it's a pipe dream :)
- bsnceo: @rah $CGC $ACB #POTSTOCKS whatever stock platform you're using should have short positions in the basic data of the company. I know that Schwab does on their main site
- mopick: @brett_anderson $CGC $ACB #POTSTOCKS, hey, I just saw you pitching for the A's against our Giants! You're a man of many talents (LOL).
- Bob E: $ACB Up 6% from yesterdays lows! I don't why though!
- scottrades: $ACB is up almost 7% in the premarket after providing Pre-Earnings Guidance. *Aurora Cannabis Sees 4Q Rev $100M-$107M *Aurora Cannabis Sees FY Rev $249M-$256M I'm only sharing this because it could give us a 59 min trade with a squeeze to the upside.
- scottrades: @scottrades $ACB It's working so far. My price is 6.84
- scottrades: @scottrades $ACB Taken out of this. Nice trade.
- Ringo: $ACB- Scott thanks for the trade.
- bsafriet: $ACB $APHA Buy ACB @6.82 Buy APHA @ 7.18 Both strong E/R reports
- Remington: $GME I was just looking at day trades for tomorrow and fell back to $GME when I saw a green bar today. Then "BING" we get the email from DAN saying look at $GME for a trade. I guess some of his wisdom is rubbing off, or Im still inconsistent trader and it was coincidence. LOL either way gonna look for that and maybe look at $DOCU getting crushed right now. Also interested in $ACB from Scott who was looking at the support around 7.50ish couple of days ago,,,,for a pop. Been trying to do more quick trades because I do well very short term but get whacked often on longer term trades. I think its just poor risk management/ poorly paced stops. Anyhow best to all, TGIF ....soon.
- CraigReynolds: @Remington $GME $DOCU $ACB LOOK AT $CCXI $PVTL also both down 3BB almost 4BB
- DrScience: $ACB nice bounce off the 200 DMA. Took some stock @ 7.65 with stop below today's low.
- DrScience: $ACB Things looked pretty dire just prior to earnings, what with all the earlier cannabis stocks showing poor earnings, losing money, and feeling a touch of investor malaise. And, Aurora even missed on analysts' targets, but the stock has crept back above the 50 DMA (8.92). The JUN 10 Covered Call @ 8.77 offers a 14% return (275% annualized) for a 36 day hold.
- bsafriet: @bsnceo $ACB Thanks!
- Herb: $ACB and $TLRY both had earnings. Trading completely opposite of each other this morning.
- bsafriet: $MJ Holding Jun-21 $35 puts w/entry @$2.91 with MJ@ $33.64 on 5/10. Was up approx 30% yesterday, today down to 10% gain (should have taken part profits yesterday????). I generally play this kind of trade for a 50% - 70% gain. I previously posted that MJ had formed a H&S pattern, made a throwback to neckline then resumed decline. PT $30 - $31 for MJ, which should yield a 50%+ gain for the trade. Still in the trade with an overweight position, but wishing I’d taken 1/4 to 1/2 off yesterday. I expect that $ACB E/R tonight might give the trade some more juice. Best wishes!
- bsafriet: $ACB. Still haven’t seen ACB Q3 E/R results. Nothing posted on the website or in the news. Not a good sign. NP
|Stock Price||$USD 14.10|
Aurora Cannabis Inc is a medical marijuana company. The Company is engaged in producing and distributing medical marijuana pursuant to the Marijuana for Medical Purposes Regulations.Request Video of ACB
Already a member? Sign in here.
- September 10th, 2020 - 2020 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 14.08 295.95%
- $USD 9.70 61.77%
- $USD 50.73 33.94%
- $USD 7.65 -22.08%
- $USD 18.49 -17.06%
- $USD 21.41 -14.33%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 70,900 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (70,900) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!