Amarin Corporation plc (NASDAQ:AMRN)
Old Forum Content for AMRNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- issues: I tried to just sit on my hands but my fingers kept walking to the keyboard and I bought the following: $SAVE $GHDX $AMRN $ACAD (as the ol' yellow pages said, "I let my fingers do the walking."
- Bob G: $AMRN took a 22% beating yesterday but has received an upgrade this morning to buy from Citigroup. Could set up for a nice trade out of the gate this morning?
- SusanW: $AMRN. Sold for a nice gain because it was above the upper bb., but I believe this stock has more to go. Any ideas on a good entry.
- woodman: $AMRN up 380% in two days. Wow. No position.
- shoredriver: $AMRN....up 250% in pre on positive results for cholest. drug...sadly np
- Max115: $AGEN ,$AMRN. Does anyone have any input on these stocks? Thanks
- Dave: @woodman - Thanks for the news on that, folks. Here's some good charts that showed up in my Biotech folder today (many are on the verge of breakouts and very consistent moves on the hourly): $VVUS (mild inverse H&S), $RGLS, $ZGNX, $AMRN, $RPTP holding the 200, $OHRP, $SRNE, $FPRX, $CBLI (rounded bottom breakout, RBB), $LXRX, $INCY, $CERS, $STEM and $NKTR.
- dkoran: $AMRN- see court ruling in the company's favor on fish oil drug. . Not sure how it equates into possible revenue streams. Maybe one of our experts can weigh in.
- prockow: $AMRN - having a productive day here .
- TRICIA: @Woodman, etall $FOLD, $TSRO and others - #Baker Bros Holdings ...FYI New Baker holdings w/overall rank & val 9 $NVTA 109M 10 $ONCE 102M 40 $LBIO 16M 51 $IMGN 9M 64 $TTHI 5M 65 $AMRN 5M 74 $ZFGN 4M 78 $ASMB 3M Baker Bros closed out $QLTI $FOLD $SGYP $GERN $TSRO
- jltrader1: The following are this week's top 20 percentage gainers and top 20 percentage losers, categorized by sectors (over $300 mln market cap and 100K average daily volume). This week's top 20 % gainers Healthcare: $RTRX (22.34 51.36%), $ESPR (112.33 51%), $CORT (5.6 40%), $PRTA (38.66 34.84%), $INO (9.09 29.12%), $FOLD (11.61 25.51%), $JUNO (61.53 24.33%), $ATRA (38.78 23.42%), $AKRX (49.03 18.77%), $ITCI (27.64 17.72%) Materials: $GFI (4.36 18.16%) Industrials: $VLCCF (4.98 20.29%) Consumer Discretionary: $CTRP (57.58 31.31%), $QUNR (36.71 28.76%), $TLYS (16.7 27.09%), $CNV (6.65 18.54%) Information Technology: $VTSS (5.34 37.28%), $RALY (12.93 17.65%) Energy: $EXXI (3.83 25.57%), $WLB (29.25 19.34%) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This week's top 20 % losers Healthcare: $RDNT (7.54 -16.13%), $PGNX (6.06 -14.53%), $EPZM (19.91 -13.51%), $NKTR (12.02 -13.46%), $AMRN (2.52 -13.1%) Materials: $MTL (1.15 -25.32%), $SQM (18.86 -15.88%), $CLF (4.3 -12.96%) Industrials: $CVEO (2.41 -17.47%)$$NMM (9.75 -17.16%) Consumer Discretionary: $VNCE (16.77 -19.14%), $WTW (8.6 -17.86%) Information Technology: $DSKY (7.02 -35.12%), $YOKU (13.5 -15.04%), $MTSN (3.99 -14.38%), $HIMX (6.85 -14.16%) Financials: $ASPS (13.33 -25.15%), $EJ (5.1 -14.72%) Energy: $WG (3.07 -45.18%), $HGT (5.79 -13.71%) Hope this information is helpful. Have a great weekend.
- TunaHelper: $AMRN Nice steady climb this morning. Impressive!
- shweint: @TunaHelper $AMRN Do you know why this is moving around so much. Do you trust any move upwards from this co.?
- moneyHoHo: @shweint $AMRN don't know but I bought end of day yesterday!
- moneyHoHo: $AMRN check the weekly geesh!
- moneyHoHo: Man, snoozed on $AMRN check weekly. Have to do some homework!
- ginny: @moneyHoHo $AMRN got an upgrade with a t$10 PT No position
- moneyHoHo: $AMRN Quite a day!
- shweint: @moneyHoHo $AMRN I thought I was the only one stuck in tis stock. I own this sucker since it was 10. Is there life in this stock???
- Tim S: EARNINGS AFTER MARKET CLOSE: $AHT, $AIRM, $AL, $ALIM, $AMRN, $APEI, $ARNA, $ATLS, $AVD, $BAGL, $BCEI, $BID, $BIO, $CEMP, $CHUY, $CLNE, $CRM, $DCO, $DECK, $ELGX, $EPR, $EVC, $GPS, $HALO, $HTGC, $KBR, $KOG, LINE, $MDVN, $MELI, $MENT, $MNST, $MTZ, $NGD, $NMBL, $NOG, $OLED, $OVTI, $PKT, $PODD, $REGI, $ROST, $SD, $SFM, $SLXP, $SPLK, $SPNC, $SQNM, $SWN, $TESO, $TUMI, $UHS, WES, $WG, $WTR, $XTEX, YOKU
- ginny: Early premarket gappers Gapping up: $ZOOM +54.7%, $SRPT +14.1%, $AMCC +5.5%, $CSIQ +4.8%, $FSLR +4.6%, $PLUG +4.2%, $UNH +4.2%, $BLK +3.9%, $RSOL +3.7%, $KNDI +2.7%, $IGTE +2.7%, $SPWR +2.6%, $VALE +2.2%, $BHP +2.1%, $JKS +2%, $YGE +2%, $ARO +1.7%, $KMP +1.5%, $ILMN +1.4%, $TSL +1.4%, $MU +1.2%, $BBT +0.8%, $C +0.6%, $TWC +0.6%, $HBAN +0.6%, $MRK +0.5%, $MRVL +0.5% Gapping down: $NUS -13.7%, $AMRN -10.4%, $MNOV -6.3%, $CSX -3.2%, $GLOG -2.7%, $ARMH -2.7%, $RBS -2.4%, $TTM -2.2%, $ORC -1.8%, $JCP -1.6%, $KMI -1.4%, $RESI -1.3%, $CORR -0.7%, $CBL -0.6%, $EPB -0.6%, $AA -0.5%, $NSC -0.5%, $BA -0.4%
- Tricia: $GOGO downgraded by $JPM, NO-NO to $AMRN from FDA, HO-HO from $P - Up on so so earnings!
- boba: $AMRN - It's now up 25%. What's going on?
- MultiMill: $AMRN - got slammed overnight after being halted yesterday. Went from roughly $5 to roughly $2.
Forexpro: Re: $AMRN, @Mgoodw
Well, it depends to some extent on the reason why the stock dropped 62%. All I know about the company is that they just had a drug that I presume was a significant part of the investment thesis for longs dinged b ...
- Tricia: AMRN: AdCOMM today for Vascepa label expansion - predictions are all over the place, but 57% are predicting approval ... $AMRN will host CC at 7pm EST . Not sure who is tweeting the meeting .... someone will ...
- MultiMill: $AMRN - trading has been halted since the open. I edited this because my original post sounded like I knew that it would be halted all day. I don't know when it will resume trading.
- Tricia: $AMRN - up 4% PM Did I ever tell you how much I hate this company???? They just won't go away ..... any way, there is No delay for Vascepa FDA OCT 16 meeting, so Amarin pops PM. AdComm - proposed high triglycerides and mixed dyslipidemia indication for Vascepa. The company says the FDA advisory committee meeting to discuss the sNDA will take place as scheduled on October 16 "despite the current Federal Government lapse in appropriations."
- boba: $AMRN - Down; several million shares sold over the last 30 min.
- Tricia: $AMRN : finally - we can put this crap in the trash .... Amarin plummets on generic Lovaza ruling Amarin (AMRN -7.8%) slides after a U.S. appeals court reverses an earlier ruling on generic Lovaza, finding in favor of Teva (TEVA +1%) and Par Pharmaceuticals and against GlaxoSmithKline (GSK -0.3%) and Lovaza partner Pronova (PVNAF.PK).The ruling looks to clear the way for generic Lovaza.Both AMRN's Vascepa and Lovaza are indicated for the treatment of high levels of triglycerides.
- dkoran: AMRN- @Tricia- any thoughts on Teva. I had some $AMRN @ 6.90 but got stopped out this am at 6.75 when I saw the free fall. I was short the Sept21- 8 calls which I bought back to almost offset the loss on the common.
- Tricia: $AMRN : @DKORAN - glad you got out ... this is a garbage product that was overhyped and never delivered any of the promises - ..... ok, now let me tell you how I really feel :>
- bybyjanice: AMRN: Anyone else holding a position #RHRN or are you staying away after getting burned last time around? OCT 16th FDA will form advisory committee for NDA of Vascepa. Here is press release from $AMRN in June 2013. Final FDA decision in December 2013. http://investor.amarincorp.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=772349
- ogas: $AMRN - you can thank me for the turn-around - probably sold right at the bottom!
- ccrown4: $AMRN - I missed it also. Didn't see my alert from Wednesday or something? I think it continues to move up.
- boba: $AMRN - Is this a bottom??
- woodman: $AMRN @boba - seems like the eternal question, like does God exist?
- Tricia: ISIS: is a true beast today .... and boy did i need a winner .. I cannot find any influence on $AEGR other than $AEGR is down .... I think there may be some crossing but not sure/ BTW, this product has no effect on $AMRN ... $AMRN sucks all by itself
- woodman: $AMRN - to the extent that anyone even cares, Twitter is reporting that it's yet another delay on AMRN's NCE status. All those poor folks who bought yesterday on sheer speculation and the words of @Jon Najarian on #CNBC yesterday if they didn't sell before close yesterday. You can be sure he sold near the high yesterday. Go figure, $AMRN tanking again. Thankfully no position here.
- hooked1: $AMRN - Fish oil, snake oil, what ever you want to call it, people want it today. Apparently it was on Fast Money lunch time. Dr J noted a huge trade in the weekly 8.50 calls and "followed him in". Too bad. I meant to buy this yesterday and forgot.
- woodman: $AMRN - amazing. It took off as soon as the words came out of @Jon Najarian's mouth about the aggressive call activity and that he followed the guy in. It went from 8.32 and never stopped - now 9.23. Someone making a huge one-day bet (through close tomorrow). Obviously this is a bet that $AMRN gets a NCE approval announcement in the Orange Book tomorrow for its Vascepa. Either this person has an amazingly accurate crystal ball, or something a heck of a lot more fishy than Vascepa fish oil is going on here. I remember looking back at $AMRN over potential Friday announcement days to see whether it was consistently spiking and how much around and into the Orange Book Fridays and I don't recall anything like this kind of activity we're seeing today. Someone got a tip or is very, very wrong.
- woodman: $AMRN - terrible management -- they're dogs, Ruf!! -- I get it. And it's gotten pounded on the dual punch of no buyout/going it alone on Vascepa and continued FDA failure to announce a decision on New Chemical Entity status (though new patents are announced frequently). But look at the chart; this has been a great phoenix trade. And, if you have a packet of salt, you can coat the analysts' targets which remain lofty (mean and median targets remain more than double today's price) and choke them down. It's been moving up well since the dumpfest. My bet is that it sees even higher prices over time. I recently got back in. Godspeed.
- woodman: $AMRN - Look out below! It's now broken any semblance of support. Mercifully, I haven't been in this one for some time. But at some point, even with terrible management that cares only about itself, it will be a buy just on market potential of an approved drug and valuation alone. Someone wake me up when we get there because I'll forget about this pig.
$ONTY - none ... I still don't trust company ..... I don't trust $AMRN either or the management at VVUS.... I will look more closely at ONTY..... a former member Frog knew alot about this company
While the fiscal cligg is hanging in ...... BIO ...
- woodman: $AMRN - shares getting walloped. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/inplay-briefing-com-055139997.html
The comedians at $AMRN are going to hire sales force in next 2 weeks and announced launch for Jan 2013 (yea right ...... liars).
$EXEL eon both FDA and EU approval ( quite a feat) but the market is limited ie 500-700 pts a year in US so expect ...
- tnt: $AMRN - http://scharts.co/SvlCBo [ http://yfrog.com/ms43560144p ] #stockcharts Last upside gap that held for several days resulted in significant upside. Long
- tnt: $AMRN weekend lotto NCE hold. $18-$20 handle possible on news gap
Tricia: AMRN: .... excerpt from fiercebiotech: FD: don't own it ..... don't want to as this managment is pond scum .....
Amarin today tossed another deadline on the bonfire of management vanities, scrapping a self-imposed decision date ...
- infocus: $AMRN - 1000 Nov 10 Puts just traded. They announce earnings today after the close. Any way to know what those buyers/sellers know?
- woodman: $AMRN - Groundhog Day. It's falling apart ... again. I don't know if there is some negative news about NCE or buyout, etc., driving it down today, but watch it and pick your spot to roll the dice because the next blindly hopeful NCE/buyout rumor is always near. Ride the rumors up $2 and sell. No position, but watching.
- woodman: $AMRN - Let the buyout rumors roll again... I got long again yesterday morning on the patent announcements. I know this company has rotten management, but it doesn't mean you can't trade the hype/chart. Latest buyout rumors found here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/markets/article-2221989/New-AstraZeneca-boss-planning-launch-cash-bid-US-biopharmaceutical-group-Amarin.html
- dkoran: $AMRN - buddy of mine in the business says he is long and $AMRN is hiring their own sales force instead of contract salesforce. I did not dig deeper with him as I do not know the drug industry business model. Side note , he is short Gsk as earnings Oct 30 or 31 will be bad .
- infocus: $AMRN - $STO Nov 14 Covered Calls for .60 credit. Also short the Nov 10 Puts.
- infocus: $AMRN - anyone have any news on this? Still long, and "hoping". Not a good strategy. I know.
- woodman: $AMRN @infocus. Well, now its back to the 200 day. I'm in it, but I feel like I can't sell it now at this level. This is where I'd expect buyers to come in... if there are any out there with any interest. Big IF. The market is disappointed that ...
- Tricia: $AMRN - Hi @Woodman - this is not a good company - the NCE is more remote than ever .... there are sooooooooooo many good stocks, the managment misrepresents facts, and the insider sales add to the distrust . Ni insurance company is going to pay for a Supplement ..... just saying my friend ....
- slowtime: $AMRN - Hi @Woodman. I fully support @Tricia's comment. Please go back 2 to 3 months of Forums, you can search for authors, and you will find my posts. They are an eye opener. Stay away.
- woodman: $AMRN @Tricia and @slowtime. Thanks both for your comments. I appreciate it very much and take them to heart.
- woodman: $AMRN - nearing very bottom of channel and low risk entry/addition.
- woodman: $AMRN - may be setting up for another buy point.
- woodman: $AMRN - Any thoughts about this one among fellow AMRNites? It appears to be at/nearing a good buy point. A support line drawn from April 10 has this one potentially hitting that line in the next day or two in the 11.70s perhaps. I did buy some yesterday and today, but I still have more powder intended for this one. There are a few potential near term catalysts out there still such as NCE status and more information about patent status which could cause this one to start moving back up again shortly. Fyi - I don't know anything about this author, but did see this $SA article out today as well - http://seekingalpha.com/article/891351-amarin-a-good-entry-point-ahead-of-major-news-next-month?source=yahoo
- woodman: $AMRN @ hooked1 - I am. I sold half my position last week and looking to buy it back at some point. Bottom BB is ~ 12.50.
- woodman: $AMRN - folks following $AMRN may already be aware of this, but on twitter a poster has espoused the theory that the FDA has not yet conferred NCE status for AMRN's Vascepa because it has been waiting for NCE status to expire for GSK's competitor drug Lovaza. That is, it wanted to avoid overlapping NCEs. Lavaza's NCE status expired on 9/16/12. In theory, this would free up the FDA to grant NCE status for Vascepa and perhaps notify the public of this via its next electronic Orange Book publication in October. We can debate whether NCE for Vascepa even matters anymore given the success of its patents. Nonetheless, I'd bet that $AMRN will move up on a grant of NCE status. Anyway, while just a theory, it's an interesting one. Any thoughts about this?
- taylor: $AMRN - I hope to be out of my $AMRN by the close tomorrow when my short $AMRN Sep 22 2012 13.0 Covered Calls, that I sold for 1.40, get assigned. If the stock closes below 13.... well... I'll just sell more calls (maybe at a slightly higher strike price).
- Tricia: AMRN: RNewswire:7/10/2019 $AMRN announces that they do not expect Vascepa inclusion in the Jul 2019 supplement of FDA's Orange Book ---- stock tumbling afterhours .....
- infocus: $AMRN - Anyone still involved here? News was good today but stock sold off. I presume the news was already built into the price. Long
- tnt: $AMRN speculation is only going to heat up with the $VRX MRX deal
- woodman: $AMRN - and I suppose that each month folks are awaiting the electronic Orange Book monthly supplement to see if NCE status has been conferred which will keep the volatility alive in this one. According to the FDA's FAQ on this: "The monthly EOB update goal is by the end of the following month's second work week (e.g., November's EOB will be updated by the end of the second full work week in December)." If I've interpreted this correctly, this is for non-generics. And as to exclusivity: "Exclusivity information updated monthly and current to the date of the monthly EOB update date." http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/InformationOnDrugs/ucm114166.htm
- Tricia: AMRN: @ tnt - I don't see the VRX/ $MRX - acquisition influencing $AMRN at all. Skin care - $VRX will be the dominatrix of Dermatology and the reason that $VRX is up so much is because this was so accretive ---- blanks in the portfolio of skin care products got filled ( no pun intended ... :> )
- tnt: $AMRN, like the action, really holding up well
- woodman: $AMRN up 2% after hours on news from the company. But is this actually news? I wonder if it will remain up after the open. But, for the moment, I'm wishing I sold something other than my $AMRN on Monday to buy $MNKD, but not complaining too much ;-) http://finance.yahoo.com/marketupdate/inplay
- woodman: $AMRN - whatever I do with this one usually turns out wrong, but I sold it about 7 minutes ago near the 50 day (which has served as resistance) to lock in some profits (for a change) with the thought that I'll be able to buy it back lower next week.
- ogas: $AMRN and Acasti Pharma Inc. (TSX:APO) I was reading an article about Amarin and another small pharma company was mentioned - Acasti Pharma. Beside the name it listed "(TSX:APO)" - what does this mean? Is it a symbol from another market? It doesn't seem to be listed on the Nasdaq like $AMRN and the other company listed, Neptune (NEPT). Both Acasti and Neptune sound like interesting companies to research - both companies are pharmaceutilizing krill oil for the treatment of high cholesterol.
- taylor: $AMRN, Covered Calls - Sold $AMRN Sep 22 2012 13.0 Calls @ 1.40. I got over two points for my Aug 13 calls which just expired. A few more of these covered writes and my adjusted cost basis on the stock will be close to zero.
- taylor: $AMRN, NCE delay @bybyjanice - that's good news for me. My August strike 13.0 covered calls will expire, and I get to sell more, maybe at a higher strike price.
- taylor: #Options Expiration, Short Puts - all of the following are expiring in my primary trading account today. So I'm looking for new ideas.... $AA Aug 18 2012 8.0 Puts $AMRN Aug 18 2012 7.0 Puts $BWLD Aug 18 2012 60.0 Puts $CAT Aug 18 2012 75.0 Puts $CAT Aug 18 2012 80.0 Puts $CLF Aug 18 2012 38.0 Puts $CMI Aug 18 2012 80.0 Puts CPNO Aug 18 2012 27.0 Puts $CTXS Aug 18 2012 65.0 Puts $DVN Aug 18 2012 50.0 Puts $EBAY Aug 18 2012 32.0 Puts $FCX Aug 18 2012 29.0 Puts $FCX Aug 18 2012 30.0 Puts $FWLT Aug 18 2012 14.0 Puts $GMCR Aug 18 2012 10.0 Puts $GMCR Aug 18 2012 17.0 Puts $GMCR Aug 18 2012 18.0 Puts $GS Aug 18 2012 85.0 Puts $JNPR Aug 18 2012 14.0 Puts $JPM Aug 18 2012 28.0 Puts $JPM Aug 18 2012 31.0 Puts $KCG Aug 18 2012 2.5 Puts $LNG Aug 18 2012 11.0 Puts $LULU Aug 18 2012 40.0 Puts $MDR Aug 18 2012 10.0 Puts $MMR Aug 18 2012 6.0 Puts $MSI Aug 18 2012 44.0 Puts $NTAP Aug 18 2012 27.0 Puts $RVBD Aug 18 2012 13.0 Puts $SDRL Aug 18 2012 31.0 Puts $SWN Aug 18 2012 28.0 Puts $UAL Aug 18 2012 16.0 Puts $VRTX Aug 18 2012 45.0 Puts VXX Aug 18 2012 11.0 Puts $WAG Aug 18 2012 29.0 Puts $WIN Aug 18 2012 8.0 Puts $XCO Aug 18 2012 7.0 Puts
- bybyjanice: AMRN: NCE decision due tomorrow. Found the following opinion regarding the significance of tomorrows decision basically saying, in the long term, it really doesn't matter if $AMRN gets approval tomorrow. Other clinical trials will enable them to extend beyond the three year period. I have a few calls for a pop in the event they do get approval. If they don't get NCE approval and the stock goes down, I will look to buy. http://seekingalpha.com/article/811741-amarin-s-fast-approaching-nce-decision-does-it-even-matter?source=yahoo
- woodman: $AMRN - Is there a date certain for the announcement of NCE determination or could it be anytime before or by August 17? I'll be on vacation next week and not monitoring events as closely as normal.
- ccrown4: $AMRN moving up into gap. Long after pull back
- tnt: $AMRN closing my shares bought last week here into strength
- dkall: $AMRN @ccrown4 Have a miniscule "watch' position. Are you buying ahead of the NCE announcement?
- hwyflier: $AMRN : Off to the races today. First tier resistance reached. http://www.freestockcharts.com/tweets/?chart=57270be2-91df-451f-ad80-3f8b14a2aaf8&refURL=http%3a%2f%2ffsc.bz%3a81%2fOID
- bybyjanice: AMRN: $AMRN reported yesterday. Here is a summary of the call. http://investing.schwab.com/public/schwab/investing/investment_help/investment_research/news.html?&path=/research/public/stocks/alertnews/?docid%3D600-201208081600PRIMZONEFULLFEED10001437-1
- infocus: $AMRN - Anyone care to offer some advice: I'm long some Aug 13 covered calls with about a 60% profit. Thinking about buying them back and selling the September 14's. Good looking premium. Still possible they might expire worthless. Comments? Edited on Aug 09, 2012 10:15 Edited on Aug 09, 2012 10:15
- infocus: $AMRN - BTC AMRN Aug 13 covered calls. 60% profit. $STO AMRN Aug 14 covered calls for .65 credit. Also still short $AMRN Aug 11 Puts.
- ccrown4: $AMRN on fire
- woodman: $AMRN - any thoughts on price targets leading up to NCE?
- woodman: $AMRN @ccrown4 - I believe you are correct. That's all I've been able to glean. I'll be on vacation taking on the New Jersey surf with my kids, or unhooking a sand shark, or perhaps starting "early" (if that's possible) on a gin and tonic, when the news comes out most likely. I don't want to have to worry about it while away so I'll likely be out or have a very small position by end of this week.
- tnt: $AMRN buy fear and sell greed, taking profits. $ Stock is a great trading vehicle. Listen to @slowtime and you will miss these great swings
- tnt: $AMRN I think the orange book release date is Aug 17th, so prob will hear that day
- ccrown4: $AMRN @tnt wise move. I bought on fear but now into the greed with more greediness to come. LOL
- woodman: $AMRN - thanks bybyjancie. The one from Feuerstein -- opining re price prior/leading up to the NCE decision -- is the type I was looking for. Just about everything I've read regarding longer term prospects and prices (post-NCE) state the belief that $AMRN will be significantly higher than current prices, even if NCE is not achieved.
- Junior: $AMRN - @tnt - I did alot of reading about this company/ceo yesterday. Added in the forum input and decided to close out my short August 11.0 puts, just before the close, for a loss. With earnings coming out after the bell, it seemed the prudent move. @Bummer. Still short Aug 7.0 puts, which will more than make up for the loss on the 11's.
- woodman: $AMRN - I had bought shares recently after the big drop thinking it would find support on the upward sloping support line drawn from April 10. But I stopped out of 2/3 of what I bought. I have a stop on the remaining 1/3 of my position a little under $11.00. I'll let that stop take me out of the rest rather than just selling it. Probably will happen shortly.
- Junior: $AMRN @showtime - Yahoofinance has different stats. Says he still owns 111,000 shares. Unless I'm reading this incorrectly? And it looks like he sold a bunch in March and May for sub $12.00, missing out on the run up past 15.00. http://biz.yahoo.com/t/05/7783.html
- Junior: $AMRN @showtime - $AT ANY PRICE, or at specific times. If he had knowledge of stock price movement, his time of sales make no sense. Therefore, I have "no take", other than that insider activity can be difficult to decipher.
- Ellen@NYC: $AMRN - Summer Street came out with neg. comments. JP @Morgan and others do not agree. Link: http://stks.co/k2Zm
- woodman: $AMRN - Looks like the J.P. @Morgan analyst's view is more in line with the Bio Analyst author @Jason Napodano. Napodano stated his belief that the FDA will not grant NCE status for Vascepa. Even without NCE, Napodano believes the stock is worth 21.25. With NCE, he believes it's worth 23-24. And it would be worth even more if REDUCE-IT hits. Nonetheless, if the market wants to see NCE, then I would imagine the stock will take another hit if NCE status is not granted regardless of what the stock "should be" worth without NCE.
- woodman: $AMRN - I'm reposting below a post that I made late last night which no one likely saw. Fyi. * * * * * * $AMRN - Interesting "second" article by @Jason Napodano titled "Musings on Amarin." http://bionapcfa.blogspot.com/2012/08/musing-on-amarin.html?spref=tw . @Tricia had posted a different article by this author on Wednesday. This one here (which also came out on Wednesday) refers to his other article, but is different. Particularly interesting is his prediction that $AMRN will not achieve NCE status, and his belief that the company will not be bought out (at least not any time soon), but nonetheless believes that the stock is worth $21.25. The bases for these conclusions and his model for what he thinks the stock is worth are contained in the article.
|Stock Price||$USD 17.51|
Amarin Corporation PLC is a biopharmaceutical company that commercializes and develops therapeutics to improve cardiovascular health.Request Video of AMRN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- May 1st, 2019 - 2019 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 18.48 207.08%
- $USD 6.36 32.61%
- $USD 9.57 30.42%
- $USD 6.36 -81.09%
- $USD 5.82 -47.19%
- $USD 7.99 -34.04%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 61,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (61,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!