American Tower Corporation (REIT) (NYSE:AMT)
Old Forum Content for AMTMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Sluggo: @Dan $MSFT $CRM $TZA $LABD $UVXY $AMT $VZ $MPW This note is mostly about setting stops. When the market is strong or neutral, your stops hit really close to your activation price (within 5 cents or so). In a volatile environment, they really aren't much help. I set a market stop on $MSFT at 107.90 and it didn't hit until $106.04 today. CRM market stop was set at $138.99 and it didn't hit until $133.47 today. $UVXY works, but $LABD and especially $TZA don't reflect the downturn. Avoid those. End story, my short ETFs placed yesterday worked fine and kept me out of trouble. It enabled me to go to cash for now with only a $30 loss today.
- DAN: @Sluggo $MSFT $CRM $TZA $LABD $UVXY $AMT $VZ $MPW You need to talk to your broker about that, Sluggo. A stock like MSFT is super liquid. You shouldn't get filled at $1.85 below where your trigger was. I don't know about the others. But there's no way your fill should have been that crappy. Sorry about that...but thanks for posting your experience so others can learn from it.
- bigbartabs: @DAN @Sluggo $MSFT $CRM $TZA $LABD $UVXY $AMT $VZ $MPW ... ditto Dan. You should only have big gaps like that with very low volume tickers. Also a reason to be careful with low volume tickers.
grcjr: @steve71 #5G $QCOM $AMT $NVDA $AAPL $AMD $VZ
[followup from a couple days ago]
The rollout of 5G will take a years. The standards must be approved/adopted. This might be concluded by mid 2019. Then final tape/testing of chips can then take place. ...
- Sluggo: $LABD $UVXY $TZA $VZ $AMT $MPW $MSFT $CRM with the bipolar action of the market, I find myself with 3 short ETFs and 5 long positions. The $VZ and the $AMT seem to go up on down days, and I am sure the 5G upgrades helps them. They barely got touched today. The only longs I have that are losing money are $CRM and $MSFT. I believe in them long term, especially since they had good E reports and guidance. I feel weird going long and short at the same time, but this is the market we are in. Comments?
- Pcdentist: @Sluggo $LABD $UVXY $TZA $VZ $AMT $MPW $MSFT $CRM My comment is that I love your post,,,reviews what you have and what you plan,,,thanks
- grcjr: $AMT $MCD new 52+week highs.
- woodman: $VZ $AMT $HELE - not at good buy points but are working well.
- grcjr: @DrScience $IWM $AMT - Yes. I emptied most of my trade positions last week. I only have two current option positions. Your $IWM looks good. I'm not doing much other than mildly bearish trades until I see support. $AMT is on my watch after setting yet another 52+ high. It might be a double top or a pause and go. No rush.
- DAN: $AMT -- note the action in American Tower. This is characteristic of this market. Breakout from an imperfect volatility squeeze on volume. Just enough to suck traders in, and then a snap hook reversal to wash everyone out. This is a very treacherous market, team. And the best trading opps are the very quick swing trades in the morning. Everything else is just a balance of risk versus probable reward. And because of the technical picture, the probable reward on many stocks is just not that high. And that leaves the risk as the dominant factor in trading decisions.
mradams0621: @DAN $AMT I helped create that chart early morning yesterday thanks to your teaching. Thank you.
At numerous times in the past you have discussed a strategy of parking your extra cash in the "bank" of $SPY or $FFTY to be available for f ...
- mradams0621: $AMT $CI @Dan mentioned the sell off in AMT after reporting good E's. Is $CI doing the same? To late to sell? Or get out and back in on a good entry?
- mradams0621: $AMOT UNLIKE $AMT and $CI and others, $AMOT good E's pop sold off but has found support above last close and not far from high of day and squeezing. That's different. Does that make it an ADD on any pullback?
- grcjr: $AMT - I'll be watching this one at the open. Up about a buck fifty in the premarket on earnings beat.
- grcjr: $AMT (posted earlier) - great opening rotation 59 minute trade.
- mradams0621: @grcjr $AMT As a long term holder, up a bunch, this is just to much winning. My finger on the sell button. Bet I'm not the only one. Still watching, still rising, but wow that is a big move already
- grcjr: @mradams0621 $AMT I have been in and out. Mostly out lately. (I recently posted on OMM this morning): $AMT - Nov 9 $155 Calls. Started under a buck at the open. Currently trading at $7. I got in a bit late. Got out a bit early.
- mradams0621: @grcjr $AMT Just curious, if it were to move any higher today would you consider it an "overbought" short candidate?
- grcjr: @mradams0621 $AMT - discipline. I caught a $3 gain. I felt greedy. I got out a bit after it hit $7, paused, and pulled back a bit. I don't trust the market. A few weeks ago I would have let it run longer. Getting back in would need to be a new trade. We are at the end of the "hour of power". I started this trade as a 59 minute and closed it in the first 30 minutes. I do not expect much to do today unless the last hour of the day gets frisky.
- grcjr: @mradams0621 $AMT - I had trouble getting into the trade when I wanted. First try under a buck. Tried $1. By the time Fidelity's ATP got to it, the Call was moving toward $2. Again moved too quickly for me to get in at $2. Got in at $3 although I was concerned I had totally missed the move. I'm not generally a shorter. On a rare occasion I have sold a Bear Call Spread. The stock appears to be holding near the new high. I believe the move is done. Like today, I generally look for the Bull side opportunity. Best to you.
- grcjr: $AMT moving up. Earnings 10/30 before the open. Looking like it will test the 52 week high from last November.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $AMT American Tower Corporation (REIT). Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=AMT&clip=105440
$AMT—could be coming out of a prolonged based. Relative strength is “ok” – 85. Growth is steady, but not spectacular. Not a well formed “base”, but a move above $152 could clear the way for higher prices.
- bRobert: $TMUS . Nh . squeeze breakout $76+ . Long. With a $S merger, they may offer the most widely available 5g network . Speaking of 5g . $QCOM . $QCOM $QCOM. 5G will be a game changer in a variety of applications. Don't forget the towers $CCL $AMT and a few others
- bRobert: $CCI $125 target Not fancy. Just makes you $$$ $AMT 50d. Look for bounce . Higher targets
- bRobert: $CCI . close to breakout. $125+ targets $AMT works too.
8. $AMT – Still forming right side of “base” and needs to tighten up. Alert $147 AND $151
9. $WWE – question in forum. Could only have a loose stop here. I’ll pass.
10. $CELG – breaking out. Stop below last we ...
- bRobert: $CCI $AMT Nice bounces $125+ / $170 targets respectively
- bRobert: $CCI $AMT Look for entry on pullback/bounces. $CCI target $125+ $AMT $158
- bRobert: $AMT $CCI Very nice charts $CCI $125+ target c&h.
- bRobert: $AMT $CCI top of range. Raise stops. Watching for breakout.
- michaelH: $WBA $AMT 2 to watch: WBA break out appears to be failing; AMT breakout may have potential, but lacks conviction! Both coming out of channels
- bRobert: @greenpatrol $CCI $AMT . similar chart
- greenpatrol: @bRobert $CCI $AMT Inside month and up trigger for $AMT was at 141.01 and also a flag on the daily, that will trigger at 143.34. Looks good. Long. Thanks.
- Samik: @spmeyers @Dan $MOMO $TRHC $AMT $AAPL $SEDG $THC $NFLX $CRC $WB. Understand. Over the past 1.5 yrs, I reached out only 4 or 5 times. Was fortunate to get advice frm him & follow the same.
- Samik: @Dan Appreciate your views and guidance on these $MOMO (48% profit), $TRHC (58% profit), $ SMTC (36% profit), $AMT (29.9% profit). Should I sell / hold / buy more ? In addition, I sold off the following ($AAPL, $SEDG, $THC, $NFLX, $CRC, $WB) a few months ago at good profits but noticed that these stocks have been steadily rising. Should I add them back to my portfolio ?
- spmeyers: @Samik $MOMO $TRHC $AMT $AAPL $SEDG $THC $NFLX $CRC $WB It's not usual that Dan has the time to answer individual portfolio questions on a number of positions
- grcjr: $INTC $AMD - one thing to remember is that it is not possible for a laptop (desktop or other) maker to simply swap in an $AMD cpu for a current $INTC cpu. The support chips must be replaced also. Can result in different power supply, fans, others. Ta ...
- ROSEY: @grcjr $INTC $AMD $AAPL $AMT A man mentioned a tiny bit in conversation that Apple would be making it's own chip. Do U know what that might be and know more about their plans to become their own component maker? I am know-nothing, just listening. Thanks.
- grcjr: @ROSEY $INTC $AMD $AAPL $AMT - I suspect that you must be thinking of the ARM chip. I believe that ARM Holdings (ticker was ARMH) was purchased by SoftBank. Apple has been making ARM processors for years. Apple's iPad and iPhone has ARM CPUs in them currently. The Laptops and desktops have $INTC. Apple "could" do more if they choose to. I say that Apple "made" ARM. Apple does not have their own FAB. Apple and others including $QCOM buy rights to the ARM design and then are free to modify the design and then make their own chips. The Apple ARM chips are made by Taiwan Semi and Samsung.
- Samik: @DAN. these were stocks that you mentioned at some point in time across the last 3 months. But don't hear about them now. Would like to have your advice on them -- buy / sell / add : - $STRL (-5.3% loss), $THC (-22% loss), $SEDG (22% gain), $COG (-7% loss), $CRC (14% gain), $KEY (6.27% gain), $CC (10.04% gain), $SINA (12.49% gain), $SMTC (-8.3% gain), $AMT (30% gain), $AAPL (79% gain). $RIOT went down by 8% :( cheers
- grcjr: $AMAT $NVDA $AMZN $AMT $AAPL $SOXL - Many of the tech's are up a small amount. I'm continuing to trim a bit from the few I have left. I thinking there might not improve until earnings kick back in ... if there are earnings.
- grcjr: @Samik $AMT - Down today. But only to a price it was at earlier this week. Regaining a little bit. Opportunity or bull trap? I'm tempted to add to my position with a stop a bit under today's low. YMMV.
- Samik: @Dan would like to have your views on $AMT. At 38% profit. Should I hold / sell / buy more ?
- optionswealth: @Samik $AMT Seasonally 73% of the time $AMT moves up into January with some volatility, some zigs and zags.
- grcjr: @Samik @optionswealth $AMT - good point @optionswealth. Also consider that with the upcoming expansion of the 4G and beyond as well as expected iPhone (and other) sales, I will be surprised if $AMT does not beat expectations.
- Samik: @grcjr @optionswealth Tx. for your advice on $AMT. So if I got you both right, I should buy more of $AMT. Correct ?
- grcjr: @Samik $AMT - What's your time frame? I'm looking to cautiously rebuild a position on pullbacks. $AMT is currently moving up the 20dma which has been support most of the time. I do look at the drop in Sept as a shot across the bow so keep your stops up to date. Last week or the end of Sept would have been better buy points with a stop below the 20dma. From here it could move into consolidation giving the 50dma time to catch up. I'm not buying today. I am looking to build a swing trade.
- optionswealth: @Samik $AMT I wanted to give you an expansion of thinking about whether to add. You can decide if you are willing to go along with the zigs and zags and the possibilities of this stock. The MACD is in a good position for adding as the histogram and the MACD line are both moving up. It is walking up the 20 dma and so far today the candle looks like it will be a continuation candle. Nothing is a guarantee, but you are adding onto an already profitable position is my assumption. What the news after the president makes comments about today will do, none of us knows.
- grcjr: $AMT set to present at the UBS Annual Golbal Media and Communications Conference 12/4 at 11AM ET. Live audio webcast from $AMT website.
- Samik: @grcjr $AMT Am looking at a time period till end of Q1 since both you and @optionswealth mentioned that Jan is a time when they go up. Have been holiding $AMT since 16th Sept 2016. Am a patient trader .. may be too patient @ times :). Worth keeping till Q1 & then relooking at the stock situation @ that time ?
- grcjr: $SOXL $SQ $MU $WDC $AMAT $AAPL, $INTC several more, $AMT - Followup to my post yesterday, all up today (in % order) $SOXL is up 3.49% at this time, the largest of those on my watch list. All of the roughly 30 tickers on my Tech list are positive today, even $AMT (perhaps not really tech but I put it here anyway). Tough to buy, great to hold. Or is it? Perhaps a time to take some profits? Tightening my stops.
- Henry: $AMT down $12 in aftermarket.....on trade of 7 shares #fakequotes
- DrScience: $AMT $SBAC $CCI moving on $VZ $T news of building more cell towers. And you know how we feel about "More," Teddy Broosevelt!(couldn't resist the Geico moment :-) )
- Samik: @Dan would love to have your views on $AMT (40% profit. should I sell or hold ?). $AAPL (80% profit. should I sell or hold ?). $WB (sold off all stocks @ 35% profit). Thought there was strong resistance @ ~ $100. Stock went down to $ 90's but now up again to $108. Your views would be helpful. Tx
- Junior1: @Samik $AMT not DAN (obviously), but I sold AMT minutes ago. I bought this on Friday, looking for a breakout. The last two trading sessions don't look promising rhrn. IMHO
- Junior1: $AMT Phase 2 candidate, set alerts
- JJT1: @Junior1 $AMT This also looks to me to be cup and handle with handle forming today. If so, measured move to 163 ish?
- Junior1: $AMT Phase 2 could be finished. Found support 2 hours ago. Now above VWAP decisively. Low risk entry here with a stop a today's LOD
- Henry: $AMT $CCI $SBAC The later upgraded, all gapping higher. The $TMUS $S failed merger may be playing a role
- grcjr: $AMT new 52+ week highs ... up 4.8% at this time
- grcjr: $AMT spiking. Looking for news.
- Henry: @grcjr $AMT If $S and $TMUS don't merge they will still need separate tower space
- grcjr: @grcjr $AMT - did someone leak earnings? Earnings tomorrow before the open.
- bsafriet: @grcjr $AMT Going higher on news that SoftBank may abandon efforts to merge $TMUS and $S. Other tower names higher as well.
- grcjr: @Henry $AMT $S $TMUS - makes sense. Although I believe some towers are shared.
- bwcarnation1: $CCI, $AMT ,$SBAC all up nicely tho off of their hi's...been offline all day so trying to catch up...something to do with $S/$TMUS deal not happening? Would have sold on the spike but missed it..anyone holding any of these thinking the news will help these companies?
- champ: @grcjr $AMT @ $142.90 now....but I missed your post and this stock bounced on news, on volume, right around your post....good catch...but I have NP.
- grcjr: @champ $AMT - by the time I noticed and looked at a buy I was too late to be willing to chase. Waiting to see if it pulls back or takes another step up. Have my buy order on the screen.
- Samik: @Dan need your advice on these. Should I sell / hold / buy more ? $SINA (currently @ 30% profits), $CC (currently @ 41% profit, had sold off 50% of the holding a month ago @ 33% profit based on your advice of taking some profits & holding the rest), $AMT (currently @ 27% profits but this slid down from ~40% profits in the last 3-4 weeks :( ), $WB (currently @ 25% profits, had sold of 1/2 a month ago @ 33% profits based on your advice of taking some profits & holding the rest), $AAPL (currently @ 58% profits, had sold off 3/4th of the stock 2 months ago when you advice to take some profits & hold the rest) ?
- Samik: @Dan good day to buy $BABA, $SINA, $CC, $AMT, $WB ?
- Bridget: @Samik $BABA $SINA $CC $AMT $WB Buy winners, not losers. I would suggest you sit on your hands today and wait to see what happens tomorrow. Will we get a bounce or more selling.
- issues: @Bridget $BABA $SINA $CC $AMT $WB right but I'm waiting for the green day (Dan's Irish - you know).
- mradams0621: $AMT big drop on volume. No new news. Recent news all positive. Been a great LTH but this shot across the bow in concerning.
- Henry: @mradams0621 $AMT Add the others $SBAC and $CCI Reason $TMUS & $S merger rumors
- mradams0621: @Henry $AMT $SBAC $CCI $TMUS $S Thank you. I see the charts but I do not understand it. Why is that a big deal? Is it time to take profits?
- Sluggo: @mradams0621 $AMT I would like to think that it is because it had 10 up days in a row (virtually unheard of) and got over it's skies. I had a position since June and sold it when it started the descent. It will probably even out somewhere, but I exited before the fall or "rebalancing". Nothing wrong with the company.
- grcjr: @Forexpro $AAPL $MU, $WDC, $AMT - I thought the new watch had some useful features but I don't wear a watch. I carry an iPhone SE. The new displays look nice but I don't need them to play DVDs or BR source material. Stream 4K? How many of us will it take to crash your favorite carrier? I may buy a new iPad (likely be my last one) and a new MacBookPro in the coming year. Trading content: $MU, $WDC, $AMT and others may be good plays to support the new $AAPL and competitive products. Cheers to you. Have a great week. BTW the air has been mostly clear here in Boulder since last Friday. Hope your air is better.
- bsafriet: @Shopaholic526 $COR my stop got hit as well today. Other than all of real estate being down, I found no news. $AMT down as well. Is this fallout from the hurricanes?
- Samik: @DAN $MOMO $CC $SINA $AMT $BABA As per your advice, I sold off 50% of my stocks of $CC & $WB. $ WB has crossed $100. What is your advice on the same ? Shall I sell off the rest 50% ? Also desired to seek your advice on $AMT & $AAPL. These 2 stocks just seem to be going up and up and up & have not rested. Am still holding on to both. Is it time to sell / buy more or hold ?
- champ: $AMT @ $146 --- They will be at....a $GS conference on Wednesday 9/13 and they had 2 upgrades today and price targets were raised.....they should have positive comments and I'm holding a New Spec swing position.
- Sluggo: $AMT $RTN $V $PYPL $CRM $CBOE $ADBE $NUGT $MZOR $SEDG $BABA $YY This has been my portfolio since early June with exception of $NUGT which I bought on it's breakout a few days ago and I have been in and out of the Chinese stocks. All 12 stocks up today at this point. I don't want a pat on the head. Just trying to help my friends in the forum.
- mradams0621: $AMT falling knife
- Samik: @DAN $MOMO $CC $SINA $AMT $BABA As per your advice, I sold off 50% of my stocks of $CC & $WB. $ WB has cross $100. What is your advice on the same ? Shall I sell off the rest 50% ? Also desired to seek your advice on $AMT & $AAPL. These 2 stocks just seem to be going up and up and up & have not rested. Am still holding on to both. Is it time to sell / buy more or hold ?
- issues: @Sluggo $AMT $CBOE $ALRM $RTN $NUGT $V $PYPL $CRM $ADBE Thank you Sluggo! You hit the ball out of the park. You aint' no sluggo but a slugger!
- Sluggo: @issues $AMT $CBOE $ALRM $RTN $NUGT $V $PYPL $CRM $ADBE Thank you for your kind words. I have a full time job working from home so I cant comment often but I have had these stocks for 3-4 months and are steady but not giving me heartburn. I made some money (or broke even) on some Chinese stocks but they were giving me the heebie jeebies since the Beta was high and they would jump and fall $3-$5 a day. Most of them are still working but had some major dips in the process. More later..
- Sluggo: A couple of weeks ago, I brought 6 stocks to Dan's attention and he was gracious enough to cover all of them. I am not tooting my own horn. I just want to help where I can with the Forum. I added a couple of them on here. All are working, but many are now extended. You may want to put them on your watch list. $AMT up 10 days in a row. $CBOE working. $ALRM working. $RTN working and we all know why. $NUGT just breaking out. $V working. $PYPL working in slight cons. $PYPL working in cons. $CRM working. $ADBE working. Hope that helps. Most are extended but worth watching for a better entry point.
- Samik: @Dan. You have been consistently advising on being in cash during the volatile times & get back in when things are stable & going up. Desired to have your views on these. Which ones should I hold & which ones to sell off. $MOMO (21% profit), $CC (28% profit), $SINA (13% profit), $ WB (25% profit), $AMT (33% profit), $BABA (28% profit). Tx.
- gwenzee: @Samik $MOMO $CC $SINA $AMT $BABA I'm not Dan but I would take 1/3 to 1/2 off the table and raise my stops on the rest. My $.02 worth.
DAN: @Samik $MOMO $CC $SINA $AMT $BABA Hey Samik. Nice problem to have. Here is my take:
First, most (if not all) of these stocks are working. And as long as they are working, the best thing to do is stay long and adjust your stops to protect those pr ...
- Samik: @DAN $MOMO $CC $SINA $AMT $BABA Tx a lot Dan. Appreciate. Tx for teaching me the discipline as well. I will execute on your recommendations right away.
- DAN: @Samik $MOMO $CC $SINA $AMT $BABA Fingers crossed that they work out.
- Sluggo: $AMT $V $RTN $PYPL $YY $ALRM I have reduced my trading positions and taken profits with the shaky market indexes but wanted to share 6 core positions I have had for quite a while and ALL are working. $YY had a brief setback because of a secondary but is recovering nicely. Hope that helps someone.
- Sluggo: @dan Is there any chance that you can go through any of my winning positions that I am hanging onto to give them the once Dan over? I have sold my other positions (not these ones) for a break even or a profit because of the market warning signs. I am a new guy to the forum but have been under your tutelage for years. $V $AMT $RTN $PYPL $YY $ALRM Thanks so much!
- DAN: @Sluggo $V $AMT $RTN $PYPL $YY $ALRM Sure, Sluggo. I'll go through them tonight. Happy to see you in the forum.
- grcjr: $AMT setting new all time high. This is a great play on the future growth of cellular bandwidth. They own towers that the cell providers use to hang their equipment. Been a long term hold and occasional option play.
- optionswealth: @grcjr $AMT popped out of a squeeze 4 days ago. It is now down on the day. This could be forming a flag and a better entry time if one missed the squeeze. It has been a quiet mover up. It has touched the 50 dma twice this summer, but usually the 20dma is support. At this time, it is in the same position as so many other stocks, it is quite high above the 200dma. That's a point where squeezes don't always last long. It's definitely been a holding stock.
- grcjr: @optionswealth $AMT - Wanted to put this on others' watch. I did add a few days ago. Will add again on a pullback. Thanks.
- 1993dean: $CCI and $AMT
|Stock Price||$USD 193.65|
American Tower Corp is a wireless and broadcast communications infrastructure company that owns, operates and develops communications sites. The Company's main business is leasing antenna space on multi-tenant communications sites to different providers.Request Video of AMT
Already a member? Sign in here.
- April 30th, 2019 - 2019 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 58.09 22.02%
- $USD 34.43 14.14%
- $USD 28.60 10.69%
- $USD 12.00 -27.64%
- $USD 9.14 -27.06%
- $USD 22.21 -18.79%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 61,400 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (61,400) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!