Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX)
Old Forum Content for CVXMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- scottrades: Good morning Team! Bit of a mixed bag this morning. Seeing some slightly higher opens on some Energy stocks. I mentioned yesterday not to lose sight of these stocks. A lot of them are still in nice uptrends. $CVX $IMO $XOM $SU are all still above the ...
- scottrades: $CVX Daily flag. Earnings at the end of the month.
- cmaxwel1: $CVX looking to add small
- champ: $CVX is the top DIA, Dow Jones mover as of RHRN...
$CVX -- ditto
$OVV -- this is a more reasonable chart. More likely to give you an entry.
$OKE -- 5.3% yield.
$CLF (WEEKLY CHART) -- you just can’t chase this type of chart. You are either in, or you’re waiting. There is no third choic ...
- gtr89: @DAN $JNPR $TSLA $MRO $OKE $CTRA $SPY $T2108 $DIA $IYT $QQQ $MPC $AAPL $DE $NVDA $XOM $CVX $OVV $CLF $STLD $X $ZIM $CPLP $EXR $ANTM $DAC I’m kicking myself for selling $JNPR today for a small gain. I didn’t want a gain to turn into a loss. It was looking a little dicey for awhile. I’m still pretty distrustful of this market after that monster bounce
- Docoof: @DAN $JNPR $TSLA $MRO $OKE $CTRA $SPY $T2108 $DIA $IYT $QQQ $MPC $AAPL $DE $NVDA $XOM $CVX $OVV $CLF $STLD $X $ZIM $CPLP $EXR $ANTM $DAC — “So, no toga parties among pigs.” —That’s a keeper! (09:35)
- bRobert: @bRobert $GOGL I would prefer $XOM or other oil 4.3 % div and going higher $CVX $3.5% $190/$200 target
- bRobert: @JJS $XLU I would prefer $XOM or other oil 4.3 % div and going higher $CVX $3.5% $190/$200 target
- JJS: @bRobert $XLU $XOM $CVX Thanks for your suggestions.
- gtr89: @snowbound $DVN $DVN and $CVX are my two favorites in the sector. Foolish government policy is giving them serious juice
- snowbound: @gtr89 $DVN $CVX Good . I''l check $CVX out . grats !
- champ: $CVX....$172.50 and dancing,.. the one Day pullback low was at $168.30 and I did get back in at $169.66....dancing around now...with the price of Oil ....so the close will be in play today .
- champ: $XLE $CVX $XOM...Nice #Show going on...if you like to watch Dancers.... and Day-Trade direction so far has been nice.....both Traders and Investors are in these positions.... .....and traders are the dancers and investors are watching this show and I'm in the front-row, I left but I came back.. because big Names are in this show...and they can really make some nice moves.
- champ: $PBF and $DK both of these Refiners are still in play and I'm also holding $XOM and $CVX like I posted and these pipeline companies... $KMI $PAA $PAGP and $XLE, plus I'm also trading $GUSH, In Out, In Out..over and over. ..The guessing continues.. .....There is a lot going on in the Energy Sector..... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- cmaxwel1: $cvx sold 1/2
- gtr89: @Pokersmith #imho I totally agree, e.g., look at the bounces today in stocks like $DVN, $CVX and $FCX
DAN: Good morning. After yesterday's bloodbath, where the S&P fell nearly 3%, and the Nasdaq 100 fell 3.75%, it's reasonable to expect a rebound this morning. Correcting markets are volatile.
Pokersmith summed it up pretty succinctly yesterday aft ...
- champ: $XLE $OIH $CVX $XOM $PBF $DK $SLCA $SOI $LBRT $NEX $PAA $KMI $PAGP...my Energy positions are really working this morning....
- champ: $CVX is HOD, +$10.25, up 6% at $171.75, I expect zig-zags on all of my energy swing Investment positions
- champ: @scottrades $XLE $OIH ....I'm holding both of these ETF and Investors could look at the stocks,.. that both are holding, for stock ideas.... .....Large Cap Oil stocks are strong, might continue, I'm still holding both of these stocks.......$CVX and $XOM, however there are many others..... .....plus Small Cap energy Service stocks....$LBRT $NEX $SLCA $SOI...I'm holding these but there are many others..... .....$KMI $PAA $PAGP.....plus I have also been positing about energy #Pipelines and I'm still holding these Investment positions also.
- beld: $KO $MKC #HSY $CVX #XOP $FCX I have a barbell in my portfolio between the oil/gold/metals and some staples, trying to protect portfolio and stay invested. Today all are headed down . I don't like the way the market is acting today.... Not impressed with up day. "feel like headed lower here", yes, I know, I'm also waiting for the market to tell me differently. Not making any big moves but selling 20% of holdings like CVX.
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Squeeze the Bears + Trap The Bulls. $QQQ Eyes on 318 $GLD Still strong but extended. $GDX I heard the ducks quacking. $URA Above all the MAs $TAN Solar Power Move $XLE Biggest Daily Volume since 2020 $DBC Biggest Daily Volume since 2019 $QID Above the MAs. $GBTC Still in a range. $FNV Wide range $NEM Looking for Daily consolidation $AEM Same $WPM Big give back $GOLD Still ok but extended. $SSRM Big volume wide range. $ZIM Earnings tomorrow. $SBLK Holding the 21 EMA $MATX Flag $RUN Nice volume $CSIQ OH Canada! $SPWR Power move. $CVX Didn’t break LOD $CVE I’m out but the trend is fine. Watching for another entry. $SU Filled the gap $XOM Extended. $BROS Building a base under the 50 Day
- champ: #Large-Cap Energy is holding-up, $XOM and $CVX....and $XLE is up a little, plus the same with $OIH, is up +$20.00......
- champ: @Cjauger $XOM...#Large-Cap energy stocks, is the place to be, for now.. is my guess and $CVX is another one thats working.
- gtr89: @champ $XOM $CVX #Large-Cap Despite the small PB today, $DVN is not too shabby. Plus they go ex div on 3/11 for $1.00 ps
- champ: @gtr89 $XOM $CVX $DVN #Large-Cap ...Nothing wrong with $DVN...however I have NP. LOL
- gtr89: @champ $XOM $CVX $DVN #Large-Cap sounds like a trading problem 🤣
- champ: $CVX closed on HOD and $XOM was right there also, within a few cents... Investment swing positions.
- Cjauger: @Pokersmith #Futures thanks for sharing. I started a position in $XOM and added to $LNG Friday, after taking an early exit on $CVX
champ: $CVX @ $158.65, and is up $18 or 13% in the last 5-days and has a market cap at $309B $$$...
$XOM @ @ $84.09 and is up $6.25 or 8% in the last 5-days and has a market cap at $340b $$$...
$DVN @ $59.57 and is up $4.37 or 7.92% in the last 5-days a ...
- cmaxwel1: @champ $CVX #Breakout #Flash-bounce #News #News Thanks for your input. I was up 20%. Trade executed while sleeping. Keeping rest for more upside.
- champ: $GUSH $BOIL $XLE $CVX $XOM $PBF $DK $KMI $PAA $PAGE $TECK $MOS $IPI $SOI $SLCA $BTU $CMC....These are the positions that I'm holding for now because of Russia ....
- champ: @Cjauger .....$XOM, they are a $341billion $$$ energy company and $CVX is a $304 billion $$$ company....and they can increase production...real fast...
.....for example on $CVX.... I had a post to a member last night on $CVX, about my #thoughts on swinging that position....
....and that was exactly what I thinking about with my other energy positions also.....
....and it seems like..just about ever ...
$TECK $BTU $MOS $IPI $CVX $XOM $CMC $CENX $KMI $PAA $PAGP, plus there are many others that I'm looking at....
.....hard to know how all of this is going to play out....
$TECK is for all of the metals, that they mine, they are also a Coal-Miner....
- champ: $BTU $ARCH $TECK $CMC $MOS $IPI $CVX $KMI $DWAC....everything is dancing around and these stocks are positive.....and it is more or less easy to see...all the stocks that traders shouldn't be in...... $TSLA....and they should be out of many by now and just waiting to get back-in.
- woodman: @champ $BTU $ARCH $TECK $CMC $MOS $IPI $CVX $KMI $DWAC $TSLA - That's what I mean by fishing in the #FishingHoles where they're biting!
- champ: @woodman $BTU $ARCH $TECK $CMC $MOS $IPI $CVX $KMI $DWAC $TSLA #FishingHoles ....Exactly and I had a summer Lake front House at Clear Lake, Ca... for 27 years and I never when fishing unless the Fish were biting. .....Many do get sea-sick, when the Wind is blowing, however I never had that issue but I never did like fishing in the Wind.
- woodman: @champ $BTU $ARCH $TECK $CMC $MOS $IPI $CVX $KMI $DWAC $TSLA #FishingHoles - beer, and an occasional cigar, never helped my stomach on boats, but I that rarely stopped me. I actually do get sea-sick even without those add-ons. It stinks.
- champ: @woodman $BTU $ARCH $TECK $CMC $MOS $IPI $CVX $KMI $DWAC $TSLA #FishingHoles ----- We used to charter a party boat and 20 of us guys would go fishing in Monterey Bay and down off Pebble Beach Golf Course and also down by Big Sur, Ca because that was the best fishing..... and there was always a few who would get sea-sick...and because some would be smoking cigars....and they would always blame it on the cigars and then they would take another hit of JD, while they were drinking a beer..... ......the doctors would always say, you will feel better after throwing-up, then they would try to start over again.... but that never worked-out. For a few of those nice guys, there was really nothing worst, than being sea-sick, with 4 hours left, before the boat would go back-in and they never when on anymore of those trips again.
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Death by 1000 Cuts $QQQ Push back at the 21 EMA $GLD Still in trend $GDX Bought some back today $XLE Still good. $OIH In trend $XLV Above the 200 Day $XME Still going..but hard to buy here $SMH Base Building $GBTC: Switzerland's City of Lugano will make Bitcoin legal tender. $NEM Miners are still trending nicely $FNV Close to the highs $GOLD Watch 23.60 $EGO Watch 11.40 $WPM Watching for a re-entry $SSRM Watch 21 $SU Still have some $XOM Still in trend $CVX Extended $LPI Watch 80 $DVN Still above the MAs $CVE Holding the 21 EMA $ZIM Nice breakout today $GSL Working but extended $SBLK Watch 30 $UNH Working $ANTM Working
- cmaxwel1: $CVX taking half off tomorrow at $157
champ: @cmaxwel1 $CVX ..this stock close at $158 in the AH's and the price of Oil has been climbing fast and this is a #Breakout and we could easily see a higher stock price, could even see a #Flash-bounce .....if certain type of #News happens.
.....and thi ...
- champ: $CVX....HOD-L...Piper Sandler is one of many upgrades, with as price tgt at $173.....with an Overweight rating, Watch for Entry.
- Richlion1: @champ $CVX Wow
- bla00109: @debeers $CVX $BTU I completely agree with you. But just understand that $BTU recent joint venture is a publicity stunt, choreographed during this fraught time. I' m personnally a fan of renewables, but the low energy density of PV given the extensive surface area required, (compare to coal, natural gas, uranium) is 3 or more orders of magnitude less in energy density. My comment was only to show how little energy is made by renewables. Some experts have suggested that we will not be able to fully meet energy needs of the the earth with PV or wind. My comment was only to illustrate the the concept of energy density. I love following you posts and am always educated and amused by your point of view.
- Cjauger: @bRobert $XOP, $XME, $XLE sectors that are working are extended, and I do not yet trust sectors that rebounded today. Hence I locked profits on all my energy names $CVX, $DVN, $SU and I am now in cash
- manoli77: @Cjauger $XOP $XME $XLE $CVX $DVN $SU I own some of these but they seem to keep on running. Will plan to take partials when it closes below the 8 EMA on an hourly chart.....a strategy I learned from @scottrades . :-)
- cmaxwel1: Taxable account $KMI broke out with volume yesterday. (Existing long term position) $XLF at weekly buy zone of $38 - been adding at or below 38. some at 36 last week. 1.5% yield, Above 50,200 on weekly chart $HTZ Low risk entry - takes advantage of novelty of TSLA as a rental, vacations will be the thing this summer. IRA $APPL - below 50, in buy range at 160 $ABBV in winners circle slowly moving up $ADBE - hit bottom, adding on way up $BX added at 126 small position - watching $CVX added at 135 - adding small on way up. Looks like volume is increasing $DOW broken stock with 4.6% dividend, will benefit from higher oil, in pricing $DVN - oil winner circle adding on pull backs $FCX added 1/4 position at 46 $LNG 129 1/2 position $NUE 122 1/2 position
- champ: $CVX...up plus +$5.00....#Investor-Day was the Set-up
- debeers: @champ $CVX #Investor-Day -nice
- vitoB: @champ $CVX #Investor-Day I thought the CEO came accross very well on cnbc
- Cjauger: sitting on energy stocks $CVX, $DVN, $SU, $XOM, $GLD, don't trust anything else
DAN: Good morning. Futures are down more than 1% this morning, which is actually a sign of strength. At least that's the way I see it.
I understand that the news flow from the Ukraine situation is fast and fierce, and that it's all bad. And to be cl ...
- scottrades: $CVX at HOD.
- mopick: In view of $BP's costly move to exit Russia, I swapped out of $XOM due to their 30% stake in Russia's Sakhalin in favor of $CVX. Holding $DVN.
- Cjauger: Energy closing strong $DVN, $CVX, $SU. $GLD did a 180, recovering nicely
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Lower Highs Everywhere! $QQQ Back above the 8 Day but still a lower high $SMH Right under the 200 Day $XLE / $OIH Flag $XME Breaking out. $HACK Cyber Security Stocks Catching a bid. $TAN Needs a higher low. $ARKK Bounce! $GLD Back to the 8EMA $GDX Consolidating #Bitcoin Moving with Tech. $NVDA Bought this today $AMD Potential Higher Low $MU Above the 50 Day $TSM Careful here. $MRVL Holding right around the 200 Day $ON Not even allowed to get to the 200 Day $FCX Strong break on volume $BTU Upside reversal but running into some resistance. $AA Still strong. $MP Closed above the 50 Day on volume. $ZIM Holding the 21 EMA again. $AR Cup $XOM Channel $CVE Flag $CVX Breaking out. $SU Good Volume today.
- AuAgPb: $CVX $COP Great moves today in the oil patch for selling at the high.
- woodman: @vitoB $APA - Relentless march higher in these names. See also $EOG $MRO $AR $CLR $CVX. And $MUR mentioned by @Carpe_Diem below.
- traderbren: $CVX - poised to close the upside gap
- bRobert: @debeers $BX $BOOT $CVX $BOOT Best in space BUT 50W line in the sand Much lower if breached like the others in the space eg $CROX that have enjoyed multi bagger runs and are correcting
- bRobert: @debeers $BX $BOOT $CVX $CROX $WSM $KLAC analyst rec was the kiss of death $WSM CAN get a lot closer to $120/$100
- traderbren: $CVX - providing an oppty for a gap fill to the upside.
$CVX -- mixed earnings, but still in trend.
$XOM -- Still holding the breakout…only very extended. Watch for a test of $70
$HAL -- Really good breakout on the weekly. Check volume. It’s a monster.
$SLB -- Looks like $HAL
$XLE -- Stro ...
- rythm: @scottrades what do you think a good entry is for $cvx? Earnings on Friday
- scottrades: @rythm $cvx I would be hesitant to do anything so close to Earnings.
- rythm: @scottrades $cvx ok thx
- bRobert: $XOM. nh. this has been a very comfortable. long term hold. Mostly. LEAPS $80+. targets from well below $CVX. works. $150 . Div. kicker as well $COP. same. $100 . Pullbacks
- DAN: Good morning. The market is set to open much higher this morning after Microsoft's ($MSFT) conference call last night. The stock initially sold off after the raw numbers were disappointing. [Hard to see how the year-over-year quarterly numbers wer ...
$CVX -- Also working really wall.
$SLB -- Good breakout. Alert $40.15
$DEN -- Pullback to 200-day MA and still in a 7 month base.
DAN: What's Working in a Bloodbath? A big market selloff like we've been experiencing will typically reveal the stocks and sectors that are strong...and are going to get even stronger when the carnage is over. Check the Energy Sector ($XLE).
The $XLE ...
- bRobert: @debeers $CVX $SM $SM. will do better. %. wise. I use. leap calls for the class acts. $XOM. has been a huge. winner. but I dare you to find one that isn't. working
- scottrades: My notes: $SPY Eyes (and Ears) on the Fed. $QQQ Earnings Season is here, check those dates! $XLE Energy is working! $XLF Trying to hold the 200 Day. $GLD Needs a break out of the range $GDX Needs to get above the 200 Day. $DBC Commodities are leading. $FFTY Growth is not. $ARKK Swinging a small bit of this. #Bitcoin Ark Invest out with a 1M BTC Price Target $TSLA Earnings tomorrow. $MSFT Earnings tonight. Watch tomorrow. Dan mentioned some O&G Stocks in the forum let’s look at those: $APA Above the MAs $OXY Just under the 200 Day $HAL -- (Breakout today, to a new high). $SLB Above the 200 Day $CVX -- New high $XOM Watch for a PB $FANG Watch the weekly high $DVN Watch 52 Also let’s look at: $VNOM (another OG Stock) $SU Flagging $CF (AG Stock)
- LakeGuy: Anybody have any favorite XLE stocks? This seems to be the strongest groooup that held up the best. $CKEE,$CVX,$4OKE,$HES,$MPC,$SLB,$HAL,ETC...
- bRobert: @jwk567 $XOP $GUSH I think that there are always speed bumps approaching new highs It takes the most energy to get a stock into orbit then there is little resistance to flying higher until it gets extended above relevant moving averages If you notice, many integrated oil names have been printing new highs already eg $XOM $CVX $COP others XOP will be printing new highs soon
- bRobert: $XOM nh $82 target $CVX nh $130+ $MRO nh $22 Long
- Roadrunner: $CVX $DVN BO
- debeers: $MTDR- The average daily volume for $MTDR is 1060068 shares. With 30 minutes to go the volume today is 1423260. with the stock up 11.52%. Of course you could be in $CVX and be up 1.97%.. In other words in 1 day you have tripled what you'd have got from the Cramer touted divvie. The OPEC meetings have concluded. They decided not to be stupid (at least that is my translation from the Arabic) when you have 1 thing that the world wants in a country that is bound and determined to hurt its own citizens, you watch your supplies. have $CPE/$MTDR
- Pokersmith: #fwiw Cowen 🐧 Adjusts Chevron $CVX PT to $122 From $117, Maintains Outperform Rating long
- Pokersmith: @bRobert $XOM see also .... > $CVX
- bRobert: @Pokersmith $XOM $CVX CVX is a half step ahead of the group Bullish on OIL based on $USO W move $XOP will follow
- Pokersmith: @bRobert $CVX looks compelling , imho Pullback bounce in effect...off short term 111.85 short term support
- bRobert: @Pokersmith $CVX Trade perhaps I expect a bounce here but WEEKLY H&S top potential $100 50w
- Pokersmith: @bRobert $CVX yes, short term trade with disciplined stop 👍
- Pokersmith: Hit intraday target from below and didn't stop there.... see: $CVX
- Jim88: @debeers $CVX $BA $LEN $MGM $WYNN $ULTA I took some $CVX and wrote Dec31 120 calls against it for $1.95
- debeers: $CVX-a departure for me from the hi flers because the divvie now 4.78% and the share buyback has been increased from 2B to 5B. Good to weather the ups and downs and now the cushion is a built in safety net. $BA- before the China allowing the planes to fly, India was in a strong bargaining position to bargain down the price of its 12B jet order but ta da! NOW it has to prove to the US that it is just as important a market as China is le plus le meme chose etc. $LEN-the builder with the best books gets my vote. $MGM- i like it better than WYNN becauseit has more ways to win including being able to maybe sell a property to the Oakland A's who want OUT of Cali and the high crime areas here. $ULTA-a beat and a raise-nice!
- debeers: @Jim88 $CVX $BA $LEN $MGM $WYNN $ULTA -YAY YOU!! smarty to the party
- issues: Oil has hit the skids and sliding down. Carter Worth on Fast Money said oil would continue falling but it's hard to sell all my oilly stocks at this point. I did sell some partials of $CLR $CVX $PXD $XLE $XOP... but still am holding $CPE, $DVN, $FANG and $MTDR. Where's that doc when I need him...?
- NickSingh: @issues $CLR $CVX $PXD $XLE $XOP $CPE $DVN $FANG $MTDR same situation with me, heavily invested in oil since 2014 🎢
- bRobert: @issues $MTDR $DEN $CVX $CPE #don They all work $CPE has high targets $100+ Close to 70% $MTDR $70 60% $XOP $150 40%
- issues: @bRobert #don Good points Dr bRobert. Is the "b" for Bob? I was wondering, with all your great points, what sector in oil do you favor the most? Oil exploration is a good IBD industry as well as Semi conductors. We are holding quite a few oil names like $MTDR $DEN $CVX etc. The only oil stock I see in the IBD 50 this week is $CPE. CPE is in IBD group 4 Oil Exploration along with $DEN $EOG $DVN $AR and $FANG. COMPUTER SFTWR-SECURITY GROUP is number 17 on IBD, includes $EBIX $TTGT $NET $AMPL... Retail is group 3 with $DDS, $M $KSS JWN $ASAI $JWEL What are you holding recently?
- issues: @bRobert $MTDR $DEN $CVX $CPE $XOP #don Thank you Doc. We are holding the same ones!! Hurray! Yippie! Let's go! Giddy up!
$AAPL and $AMZN make up, between them, just under 10 percent of $SPX. As I type around 7:30, $AAPL is off 3.5 percent from yesterday's closing price, while $AMZN's decline is 4.4 percent. That's a headwind for the market. An entity dumping $SPY will ...
- issues: @bRobert $GUSH $XOP $XOM I would add $CVX
- scottrades: Some #earnings for the week: $AAPL $AMZN $FB $AMD $MSFT $GOOGL $UPS $BA $SHOP $F $GM $GE $XOM $V $OTIS $TZOO $TWTR $KO $MA $MMM $X $LMT $CAT $ABBV $MCD $KMB $JBLU $BMY $SBUX $TDOC $SPOT $LII $RTX $ENPH $CVX $HOOD $MRK $WM $QSR $HAS $MO $PKG $TXN $LLY $TWLO
Chevron Corporation provides administrative, financial, management and technology support to U.S. and international subsidiaries that engage operations of petroleum, chemicals, mining, power generation and energy services.Request Video of CVX
Already a member? Sign in here.
- July 29th, 2022 - 2022 Q2 Earnings
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 87,700 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (87,700) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!